PDA

View Full Version : SEGA why have you left out USA???

TheWxly3
Jul 5, 2016, 03:44 PM
You are missing out on some much opportunities, as in getting money and getting a bigger fan base , I've been waiting for pso2 for years , ever since PSU on the 360, I know I'm not the only fan that feels this way, it can help the game in so many ways .
Let's try to get this thread recognized so they can see how their western fans are feeling about being left out of the fun and action .

Qualia
Jul 5, 2016, 04:02 PM
Most people here have lost interest in a western PSO2 release, and just play on the JP servers with the English patches.

landman
Jul 5, 2016, 04:15 PM
Western fans that that refuse to use the tweaker and/or English patch are leaving themselves out of the fun and the action.

Keilyn
Jul 5, 2016, 04:22 PM
The game is fun, just a lot of elitists floating around. ^_^
Despite what exists in the negative run, I still play this game as a secondary game to unwind from my primary game that is mostly grouping and raiding. PSO-2 gives you a chance to assess on a personal level how you wish to play and how far you wish to get. :)

Qualia
Jul 5, 2016, 04:25 PM
The game is fun, just a lot of elitists floating around. ^_^
Despite what exists in the negative run, I still play this game as a secondary game to unwind from my primary game that is mostly grouping and raiding. PSO-2 gives you a chance to assess on a personal level how you wish to play and how far you wish to get. :)

Pretty sure you missed the point of the thread.

Shiyo
Jul 5, 2016, 04:31 PM
No.
I do not want to be IP banned and forced to use a proxy to play the current version of the game. A USA release means Nexon or some other garbage company will run the game and ruin it, while also giving us episode 1 content and dripfeeding it to us.

No.

Stop asking for this. PLEASE.

Install the japanese version and play like a normal person.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 5, 2016, 04:49 PM
At this point i think it's more us, EU/NA players who gave up on western release than SEGA who gave up on it :wacko:

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2016, 05:51 PM
*Groans and whispers profane words as he resets the "Days Without A Western Release Thread Being Posted" counter*

Op with all due respect have you not played psu on pc/ps2, Xbox 360, and official pso1? The treatment is horrible we'd be lucky if we get to the final boss battle of Ep2, and I as well as many others won't ever forget the cum civered dick slaps we had to tolerate and the insult of new weapons being reskins of older weapons and again we were either drip fed content or got nothing at all. And its delusional false hope people like you who are missing out on all the fun and action not to mention the costs and other things and not to mention this game wouldn't last too long because of all the angry moms and social justice warriors who would attack this game for little to no reason that makes sense.

Shoterxx
Jul 5, 2016, 06:34 PM
Instead, start begging "Bring PSO3 to the US".

I kinda want a new single-player PS game for PC though.

Slightly off-topic:

Talking about eastern exclusives though, God Eater 2: Rage Burst is on Steam. From a PSP JP-only to Steam. See SEGA? It's not so hard.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 5, 2016, 07:02 PM
no one wants a US version aside console peasants and people too lazy to use the tweaker so stop making cancerish threads like this plz

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 5, 2016, 07:12 PM
Western gamers unfortunately want so much if there is a release that it would be hard to satisfy them. After prior servers like the PSU servers there's an expectation that the content must be up to current or no more than 1 patch behind the Japanese version. Releasing now would force them to release a game with 4 years worth of content when their business model favors a slower release calendar.

Keilyn
Jul 5, 2016, 07:12 PM
Pretty sure you missed the point of the thread.

I know the point of the thread...
..and I wasn't trying to feed into it.

I have a deep hatred for SEGA of AMERICA and I wouldn't want this game ever in the west. Let me put it to you this way. If all foreigners were banned today out of PSO-2 just so a Western release came out tomorrow... I wouldn't play it, consider it, or even care for it. The only exception to this would be a private, hacked server...

Also, if any indication of what the attitude the west holds exist when looking at Block 01 of Ship 2, I definitely would not want this game to exist ever in the U.S. :)

Sirius-91
Jul 5, 2016, 07:27 PM
I know the point of the thread.
What's the point of this thread, do tell.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2016, 07:38 PM
here we go again!

Tunga
Jul 5, 2016, 07:46 PM
One of the best topics in pso-W

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2016, 07:54 PM
One of the best topics in pso-W
no the best topic is that one guy who makes a new account (maybe a slightly old member) to create a thread about "PvP will save the game!!" "why doesnt this game have PvP?" "PVP SEGA?!?!!" followed by talk of balance which again we all know Sega can't manage right then the thread de-rails into a flame war follow by Mod cleanup/close

SteveCZ
Jul 5, 2016, 10:25 PM
What's the point of this thread, do tell.

He's talking about why the next area is not the whole USA, just one part of it.

Now give me a cookie. :-)

Sirius-91
Jul 5, 2016, 10:28 PM
He's talking about why the next area is not the whole USA, just one part of it.

Now give me a cookie. :-)

OKay.

PriestBelmondo
Jul 5, 2016, 10:48 PM
I'm just wondering is Sega ok letting US players play on their japanese servers?

SteveCZ
Jul 5, 2016, 10:53 PM
OKay.

\o/

I'm just wondering is Sega ok letting US players play on their japanese servers?

So far it's illegally okay somehow, so officially not okay.

Sandmind
Jul 5, 2016, 11:43 PM
no one wants a US version aside console peasants and people too lazy to use the tweaker so stop making cancerish threads like this plz

As someone who started playing before the tweaker was a thing, once past the initial setup (even that isn't hard), Aida's baby IS the lazy way for playing english patched PSO2. :wacko:

Dammy
Jul 6, 2016, 01:26 AM
USA ! USA ! USA !

NoobSpectre
Jul 6, 2016, 01:52 AM
Oh gawd here we go again the cycle.

gabor100
Jul 6, 2016, 08:04 AM
SEGA why have you left out USA???
Let's try to get this thread recognized so they can see how their western fans are feeling about being left out of the fun and action .

Damn SEGA, Europeans and Aussies can play it too (or got their own version? what do you think OP?), but SEGA is/was not releasing a version for USA and on top of that the whole America is IP blocked and there is no way to play the game from there.

Akero
Jul 6, 2016, 08:46 AM
Can't we just beg SEGA to officially welcome us gaijins to the JP servers instead?

landman
Jul 6, 2016, 08:52 AM
Can't we just beg SEGA to officially welcome us gaijins to the JP servers instead?

That's never going to happen, for copyright reasons. Play at your own risk. Period.

itsbao93
Jul 6, 2016, 11:20 AM
This thread getting recognized won't do anything, you'd be more effective doing something at change.org.

There is a small dedicated team that works on PSO2. Their resources and plans to build a new sector, servers, workers, more projects to port, licensing many in game items, not to mention because of the licensing the game will come to te US with less, all very cost effective.

Thy are keeping their red open though, they have seen the numbers going up worldwide.

Meanwhile, just play PC with a remote and English patch, it's exactly just as good when I didn't realize waiting for this game to come to US.

Xiriko
Jul 6, 2016, 11:44 AM
i want pso out of japan cuz raisins

It won't happen. If it does, no one with a brain will care.

Play JP, SEA (lel) or shut it.

IchijinKali
Jul 6, 2016, 12:02 PM
Can we have a moderator just go ahead and close this thread? These types of threads need to stop popping up.

I get what the OP wants to happen but it isn't and it never will. Those on here already play PSO2 through JP or SEA and will not migrate over to a brand new server that starts at square one, again in SEA's case. The people that wanted to play the game already do thanks to the fantastic work AIDA and Sirius and all the others do. Those that refuse to play on JP's servers using AIDA's patches are just SOL.

Zysets
Jul 6, 2016, 12:50 PM
I kinda want a new single-player PS game for PC though.
Agreed, I love the online, but I miss being able to play offline when not somewhere with internet.

I have Phantasy Star Zero and PSP2 Infinity still, but you can only play those so much before they get stale and boring, nothing new to do.

watashiwa
Jul 15, 2016, 10:12 AM

Gotta love people who say stuff like this as fact when it's only their opinion.

I actually know a number of people, including myself, who aren't "console peasants" who don't play the Japanese version of the game and would play an overseas version of the game on the PC when it's released due to a number of reasons.

I, myself, enjoy immersing myself in a game when I play. Tweaker as it is has a lot of text untranslated and, when speaking to random NPCs, having a bunch of Kanji and what not pop up definitely breaks immersion. This is probably my #1 reason. Sure I could get by on the fan translated story stuff, as it gets translated, and item stuff, but I don't want to and would prefer a 100% translation, so I don't play.

I also would very much prefer to play with people from my own country in my own language as opposed to Japanese players. Nothing against Japan at all, but I don't relate to the players in any way, and just politely playing a game together with hellos, it was fun, and goodbyes seems pretty boring to me.

Most PSO2 players on PSO-world are people who have already accepted playing the Japanese game as is, Tweaker and all, and thus these polls will always end up with responses such as "JUST PLAY TWEAKER LIKE A GOOD KID AND FORGET ABOUT THE USA RELEASE. JAPANESE VERSION WOULD ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR ANYWAY", but I think it just goes to show that they think their own little world and opinion is all that exists and is the right one.

There are players on other websites and players who don't even post on here who are patiently anticipating a Western release and would rather wait than play the Japanese version and there isn't anything wrong with that.

You could also say "Just learn the language", but no. Not everyone has time for that.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 15, 2016, 10:31 AM
JP players suggest people to just stop waiting and just play JP server because Sega of America had been disappointing fans over and over on the PS franchise such as content drought of PSO, PSU and not bringing over PSP2I(tho it's understandable because PSP is kinda a dead console outside of JP). Them being silent on the PSO2 western for an extremely long time doesn't help putting people who have been waiting for a long time at ease, just saying they're still not dead and yet not showing anything doesn't really help much. People gave up and just moved on.

The SEA release of PSO2 is also prime example of why people fear and wished that PSO2 wouldn't come to the western, because it either reminds them of the old days that SOA fucked up their past PS Online games or not wanting the game to end up in a terrible state that could end up wasting their time.

Tho, I kinda have to agree people can be forceful on their opinion, but they have the right to worry and to give up on it. 5 years of delay for a big company with a huge name kinda shows bad management if you ask me. Imagine having to experience a larger gap of content drought than the JP servers could ever imagine to have, because it's a huge possibility.

Shiyo
Jul 15, 2016, 11:18 AM

I actually know a number of people, including myself, who aren't "console peasants" who don't play the Japanese version of the game and would play an overseas version of the game on the PC when it's released due to a number of reasons.

I, myself, enjoy immersing myself in a game when I play. Tweaker as it is has a lot of text untranslated and, when speaking to random NPCs, having a bunch of Kanji and what not pop up definitely breaks immersion. This is probably my #1 reason. Sure I could get by on the fan translated story stuff, as it gets translated, and item stuff, but I don't want to and would prefer a 100% translation, so I don't play.

I also would very much prefer to play with people from my own country in my own language as opposed to Japanese players. Nothing against Japan at all, but I don't relate to the players in any way, and just politely playing a game together with hellos, it was fun, and goodbyes seems pretty boring to me.

Most PSO2 players on PSO-world are people who have already accepted playing the Japanese game as is, Tweaker and all, and thus these polls will always end up with responses such as "JUST PLAY TWEAKER LIKE A GOOD KID AND FORGET ABOUT THE USA RELEASE. JAPANESE VERSION WOULD ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR ANYWAY", but I think it just goes to show that they think their own little world and opinion is all that exists and is the right one.

There are players on other websites and players who don't even post on here who are patiently anticipating a Western release and would rather wait than play the Japanese version and there isn't anything wrong with that.

You could also say "Just learn the language", but no. Not everyone has time for that.
You are aware a NA version of the game would have forest+volcano only level40 level cap and 95% of costumes would be banned, right?

isCasted
Jul 15, 2016, 11:19 AM
I can undertstand someone wanting a proper community, a proper support for a game and some other stuff, but in the end a lot of us here have decided that having fun with the game is more important. This issue is popping up constantly, and we have accumulated a billion of reasons to support our position. That's why threads like these are so annoying - if you really want the game you go and play it. I joined this game back in 2013, when hype for NA release was going strong, but all I wanted is to play the game. I didn't even know what Phantasy Star was about - I only saw a few PSO2 trailers and then decided that I WANT to play it. And so I did. Now, when I clocked over 5k hours in JP version of PSO2 (and didn't even learn the language, shame on me...), I'll just say two things:

1) Immersion? HAHAHA. SEGA couldn't give two shits about such petty causes, especially since EP4. Among badass robots, sexy women and creepy lolis with BFS and futuristic guns you have pets that look like birds, dogs, flying cat... things and weird blobs; all of those pets hatch from eggs, and then you feed them other eggs to increase their stats. Not to mention, their skills are defined by candies as you put them in some abstract box (no, you don't even feed them candies!).
You mine tomatoes (with a pickaxe!) in the middle of a forest and fish for empty cans in year 2028 Tokyo. Animals can summon rocks and snowballs in the middle of a city, oceanids swim through solid fucking metal and so on. There's a rifle Photon Art called Satellite Cannon and, guess what, it's exactly what it sounds like! There are also skills, conditions for which make zero sense (S-Roll JA Bonus, for example).
World building? There's almost none. That extra dialogue will tell you nothing about the game's universe or characters themselves - it's just chatter. Heck, a lot of things in main story dialogue feel like filler. Meanwhile, some things that might feel important are left unexplained (whatever happened to Lillipa, for example). There's many, many more things like that.

2) A lot of mechanics in this game are convoluted, confusing or annoying. If someone won't bother playing around with Tweaker or finding a good English-speaking team (there's actually a lot of them on Ship 2... or at least there were before EP4), chances are that they won't like the game all that much. You can see a lot of posts complaining about people who won't grind or affix their stuff, don't try to get better at doing assigned roles, don't learn how certain quests work etc. In this game newbies constantly interract with oldbies, and a gap between them is gigantic not only due to skill and gear difference, but also amount of information one has to consume in order to understand the game.
There are 2 (3, if we count skill rings) types of grinding, attribute grinding aside from those two, an RNG-based minigame that is affixing (as well as market stuff related to affixes), 4 kinds of crafting, gathering, collection files, a buttload of different stones giving different weapons, a ton of different quest types with different rules each needing strategy guides (Time Attacks being the worst offender), skill trees, skill rings, a ton of shops to recycle stuff you might accidentally sell for measly 1k meseta or less etc.
There's a ton of currencies, each having some purpose, with absolutely unfair exchange rates.
You can fuck up your mag and skill trees before you realise you won't be able to fix those for a long while unless you pay real money.
Which is shame, because core combat system is great, and learning new tricks with it is satisfying. Talk to an average *shitty* EN player in this game, and they'll still talk about how grinding things makes game "not fun, because it takes away challenge and money".

This game isn't PSO1, it's a wholly different game under a similar name. It makes no sense and takes pride in it. Your job in PSO2 is to kick ass and look cool while doing so, and it feels great.

Zanverse
Jul 15, 2016, 11:39 AM
This game isn't PSO1, it's a wholly different game under a similar name. It makes no sense and takes pride in it. Your job in PSO2 is to kick ass and look cool while doing so, and it feels great.

This.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7rj2ZgttvgomY/giphy.gif

sasagi.jp
Jul 15, 2016, 05:04 PM
www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/07/160714a

SEGA director Tomohiro Nagoshi (Ryu ga gotoku series producer) comments.
future Sega, want to challenge the game in the Western markets in the intention.

To sum it all up, western edition PSO2 there's a possibility.

watashiwa
Jul 19, 2016, 11:31 AM
www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/07/160714a

SEGA director Tomohiro Nagoshi (Ryu ga gotoku series producer) comments.
future Sega, want to challenge the game in the Western markets in the intention.

To sum it all up, western edition PSO2 there's a possibility.

Thanks for this post. I just took a look at the link and it'd be neat if they're successful with restarting the campaign to bring PSO2 over here.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 19, 2016, 03:05 PM

There is NO ONE on this site waiting for a English version and if they are they haven't learned anything from how BADLY supported the US versions of the PS games has been in the last 15 years. You'd have to be a idiot to trust Sega of America with this franchise again let alone anything they touch.

SilkaN
Jul 19, 2016, 03:59 PM
Oh, wow. People are still asking for a crappier version of a crappy game. I am not surprised.

The Walrus
Jul 19, 2016, 06:17 PM
they'd be better off doing a PS4 port of Nova for the west tbh

Selphea
Jul 19, 2016, 06:18 PM
What I'd rather ask is why baka gaijin developers haven't bothered to make a science fantasy action MMO where you get to run through instances, fight cool bosses at the end, get rare items and have tons of customization.

I mean it's Amalur's action gameplay + Destiny's visual feel + Dungeons & Dragons Online's instancing and itemization + Saint's Row's customization + get Andrew Sega or Frank Klepacki to do the music. Not like it's not done before, just not in that specific combination :O

TehCubey
Jul 19, 2016, 07:13 PM
What I'd rather ask is why baka gaijin developers haven't bothered to make a science fantasy action MMO where you get to run through instances, fight cool bosses at the end, get rare items and have tons of customization.

Warframe?

Selphea
Jul 19, 2016, 07:27 PM
Warframe is so faceless though :p

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2016, 11:11 PM
Western MMOs seem to either be realistic shooter/military themed games, or have unappealing, ugly visuals/characters.
I can't think of many, though. WoW (which killed itself), Destiny?, that Nexon game I forget the name of, and... Tom Clancy's THE DIVISION. APB went splat pretty quickly.
I know there's Star Trek, Star Wars, Elder Scrolls Online, too, right? Haven't heard much about any of those.
I think there was that popular online game about economics. Not sure if that was Eve Online or something else.
Personally not interested in any of those.

Action-based games like PSO2 and Vindictus are a rarity in general. Most games that claim to be "true action" are just classic MMO without a crosshair.
The problem with action-based is it relies heavily on clientside (for less lag issues), which opens it up to lots of cheating issues.

I think most people like to play as beautiful females with attractive outfits, in some kind of medieval or future fantasy setting. Not too realistic.
Can't think of any Western games that fit that description, for whatever reason. Can't recall any Western games with good character customization (not counting mods, of course).
Koreans pump out a lot of pretty MMOs, but many of them just copy each other, have similar issues, lack soul, etc.
A lot of the games with nice-looking characters also have really nasty pay systems tied to the customization.

Games in general have been suffering from lack of innovation. Most people just do the same things over and over.
But the fact that people like me cannot find a single game that suits their interests suggests there are a lot of possibilities that nobody bothers trying anymore.

Tunga
Jul 19, 2016, 11:22 PM
When will this thread die.

SilkaN
Jul 19, 2016, 11:33 PM
When will this thread die.

Once Americans reach level 40 on their servers.

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2016, 01:26 AM
I find the thread title ironically amusing, considering SEGA is putting USA into the game.

unicorn
Jul 20, 2016, 01:27 AM
Uh no. The game has been out for 4 years.

illegaleagle90
Jul 23, 2016, 12:24 PM
If you want you someone to be angry at in SEGA specifically, go.... make a thread on the JP forumms... or someplace where SEGA of Japan is likely to see it.

They're the ones in control here, and since they don't communicate that much with their American division and they're ultimately the ones who manage PSO2 to its entirety....

They're the reason why you not only won't see an official English release, but also botched English releases of "lesser known" IPs they dont have any faith in outside of their home market.

Seriously... the executives there run the company like they're friggin Tokugawa Ieyasu and they don't want ANYTHING leaving Japan save for Sonic.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2016, 01:21 AM
They probably have more reasons against port to the West than for.

And it doesn't really seem like SEGA listens much to their Japanese customers either.