PDA

View Full Version : Limited Quest: Border Breaking Black Battler

sparab
Jul 6, 2016, 12:41 AM
From 7/6 to 8/24, players can play a new raid limited quest and challenge a new boss, Odin.
This LQ will be a scroller quest in naberius ruin.

Healing effects are reduced in the quest, so avoid getting hit should be your priority.
Lucky, all enemies spawn from farther distance allowing ranged class to melt mobs at ease.
Some boss enemies appear with new titles, such as Falz Angel "False God" and Jigumorud "Hexer". It is not clear whether their drops have Mutation II.

[Odin the Dark Knight]

Like all other collab bosses, odin is weak to thunder, has no natural weakpoint, and loves to make players chase it across the map.
Most of its attacks will shown flashy floor to make life easier for players who turned off visual effect.

At low HP, Odin will raise its sword and charge 20 seconds before launching a devastating (True) paper cutter.
If the attack is released, all players will die and the quest is failed. Even scape dolls cannot save you this time!

Defeat this bastard and you will have a chance loot its paper cutter camo (sword/partisan/double saber), aura weapons, room good and mag device.

[Dark Knight Collection]

Before 8/24, play some LQ (and other quests) to get your Aura weapons!
These weapons' potential gives 12% bonus damage to bosses and makes you take 15% less damage from them.

[Game Balance Change]

- Megiverus now heals at least 1 HP when your attack lands
- New weaponoid potentials that no one cares
- Recycle badge(10) and Excube(10) are removed from recycle shop
- "Convenient" items will be moved to the top of recycle shop
- Craft shop also gets addition/removal of its exchange options
- Jig shop also gets...

- OtherCyclone Zero: now spins as fast as on ground when uses in air
- InfiniteFire Zero: more hits during rapid shooting action

Nyansan
Jul 6, 2016, 12:48 AM
Falz Angel eh? Guess that makes getting some of the Ray CFs easier.
Inb4 Odin camo + helm 13* tier drop rate

Sirius-91
Jul 6, 2016, 01:49 AM
Odin's affix disappoints me.

ドゥームブレイク - 打撃+15 射撃+15 法撃+15 PP+2

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 01:53 AM

Oh isn't this great? I mean it's not a soul, is it?

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 01:56 AM
Inb4 Odin camo + helm 13* tier drop rate

I would almost prefer that to like 3 of them dropping every time he dies like Cougar/Tagami/Nyau where their camos are minimum shop price.

Is it a soul?

oratank
Jul 6, 2016, 01:58 AM
no it is tomb break but i don't think it will make an easy to transfer

Sirius-91
Jul 6, 2016, 01:58 AM
It doesn't say soul, so probably just like yamato factor.

Selphea
Jul 6, 2016, 02:01 AM
Looks like a Factor or Vinculum/Modulator than a Soul.

Wouldn't mind using it in place of Modulator on alt gear if it's dirt common.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2016, 02:03 AM
Doom Break...
Its an affix I can actually use if its not a soul, so yes... :) I am glad its there....

I wonder if its weapons-only...
If so, then Gunslashes it is!! :P (I have an addiction to Queen Vieras)

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 02:04 AM
It does not seem too bad then unless it is a hard transfer. I could see it having a decent price if it is easy like a fever. Would have preferred all 20s though.

wefwq
Jul 6, 2016, 02:16 AM
Good riddance.

Nyansan
Jul 6, 2016, 03:06 AM
You can actually make the Odin stuff drop from CF. wat

http://puu.sh/pS3ji/b50dd98976.jpg

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 03:33 AM
5g 0 silver. No Nero drops. At least it is easy.

Edit: I..lied? There can be Nero at the end.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 6, 2016, 04:05 AM
I knew he'd be a joke, but boy does he stand there and get his ass whoopped.

The healing cut is pretty serious to accompany the lower damage things do. I'd like to see that rebalancing in effect for the rest of the game. For science.

wefwq
Jul 6, 2016, 04:11 AM
There's no DPS check like in the trailer?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 6, 2016, 04:13 AM
There's no DPS check like in the trailer?

It's probably there, just completely irrelevant in the face of proper players, as I expected.

EvilMag
Jul 6, 2016, 04:17 AM
Guess that's the issue when you port a boss from a slow pace point and click game over to a fast pace action game.

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 04:32 AM
It is there. It is when he runs into the middle of the stage and promptly dies.

TyroneSama
Jul 6, 2016, 04:37 AM
Yeah, Odin is completely unfailable, no surprises there. At least the AoEs seem to be causing some degree of chaos, though they can be guarded for some reason (???????????).

DrCatco
Jul 6, 2016, 04:38 AM
It is there. It is when he runs into the middle of the stage and promptly dies.

Seriously. Maybe the mobs don't hit hard (and that Anga is a joke); but the Falz and the boss before Odin hit hard. And that's where the lack of resta is more noticeable.

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 04:41 AM
Yeah, Odin is completely unfailable, no surprises there. At least the AoEs seem to be causing some degree of chaos, though they can be guarded for some reason (???????????).

They come from a direction.

TyroneSama
Jul 6, 2016, 04:54 AM
They come from a direction.
Seems to defeat the purpose of "BIG RED MARKER GET OUT OF THIS OR DIE" if you can just hold Shift and stand there for free. The fight would have been a lot more fun if they were unguardable.

Superia
Jul 6, 2016, 04:58 AM
Probably. I think that it also would have been a little more fun if it were slightly harder to stop him from doing his attack at the end. I will probably never see it unless I solo or something.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 6, 2016, 04:59 AM

Hilariously enough, those ground indicated AOEs could be rng dodged by players in FF14.

TyroneSama
Jul 6, 2016, 05:08 AM
Hilariously enough, those ground indicated AOEs could be rng dodged by players in FF14.
Amazing. I'm not sure which version is dumber.

AsinineWaffle
Jul 6, 2016, 05:11 AM
Not an extremely hard fight or anything but I have fun doing it with smaller parties at least.

TaigaUC
Jul 6, 2016, 06:02 AM
So how are those new collect file weapons? Good?

Altiea
Jul 6, 2016, 06:04 AM
LQ makes farming Blue TMGs for Ray TMG Collect File a no-brainer if you consistently get Hunar in Area 1, so that's pretty fun

Poyonche
Jul 6, 2016, 06:18 AM
LQ makes farming Blue TMGs for Ray TMG Collect File a no-brainer if you consistently get Hunar in Area 1, so that's pretty fun

I don't see what you're talking about. It's not like I got this after 2 runs :
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KwpTAHG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also :
Base + Odin factor + Odin Factor = 50% chance of transfering Odin Factor (tho it isn't its offical name, I decided to call it like that :v )
Base + Odin Factor*3 = 80%

And it stops at 80%

Raujinn
Jul 6, 2016, 06:23 AM
Drops way too many eggs.

sheen20
Jul 6, 2016, 06:53 AM
Has anyone ever seen a gal gryphon in this quest? I'm starting to wonder if they actually appear at all after more than 10 runs...

Rakurai
Jul 6, 2016, 06:54 AM
I ended up getting an Aura Rod on both of my first two runs.

Wonder if I just got lucky or if the rates aren't that terrible.

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 07:47 AM
Has anyone ever seen a gal gryphon in this quest? I'm starting to wonder if they actually appear at all after more than 10 runs...

I've seen it. There's gryphon here.

Nyansan
Jul 6, 2016, 07:50 AM

Funny, keep getting gryphon in all of my runs :wacko: Guranz, on the other hand...

sheen20
Jul 6, 2016, 07:50 AM
Alright man...Is it the first boss, or the second boss? For the second boss I kept getting that spider woman thing for some reason. I really wonder how this system works...

Gaylar
Jul 6, 2016, 07:57 AM
So while the mechanics are there (somewhat), it seems SEGA balanced it around the little guy again (at least on XH)

So the "difficulty" in this fight just comes down to how much DPS the MPA can put out. Put out even a relatively modest amount and you'll be skipping what seems like phases every which way. I have only seen Odin throw down the bleed Gungnirs ONCE. I have not seen the startup animation for Shin-Zantetsuken at all, only the charge.

I get that they're trying to replicate the fight from XIV but obviously some things had to change, as evidenced by the rotating Gungnir lines and Einherjar & Valknut causing a forced push back effect, but why on earth did they keep the ridiculously long Shin cast time? And why is Odin's HP so god damn low that the Shin cast isn't even a DPS check now and the area bleed Gungnirs can pretty much be skipped entirely? (Unless he just randomly spams shit if so then lol).

But I guess I could make an argument too as to why Valknut and Sanngetall are no threat at all compared to how they were in XIV. Maybe I expected too much from SEGA out of this fight.

TaigaUC
Jul 6, 2016, 08:22 AM
Answering myself:
These seem to be those weapons with that boss damage received and dealt latent, so they don't seem that great.

NephyrisX
Jul 6, 2016, 08:34 AM
What's the potential on the Aura Weapons?

sheen20
Jul 6, 2016, 08:39 AM
Almost 20 runs, still no gryphon ... Whats wrong with this game >.<

Sirius-91
Jul 6, 2016, 08:46 AM
What's the potential on the Aura Weapons?
It's on the first post of this thread.

tsundere4you
Jul 6, 2016, 08:58 AM
So while the mechanics are there (somewhat), it seems SEGA balanced it around the little guy again (at least on XH)

So the "difficulty" in this fight just comes down to how much DPS the MPA can put out. Put out even a relatively modest amount and you'll be skipping what seems like phases every which way. I have only seen Odin throw down the bleed Gungnirs ONCE. I have not seen the startup animation for Shin-Zantetsuken at all, only the charge.

I get that they're trying to replicate the fight from XIV but obviously some things had to change, as evidenced by the rotating Gungnir lines and Einherjar & Valknut causing a forced push back effect, but why on earth did they keep the ridiculously long Shin cast time? And why is Odin's HP so god damn low that the Shin cast isn't even a DPS check now and the area bleed Gungnirs can pretty much be skipped entirely? (Unless he just randomly spams shit if so then lol).

But I guess I could make an argument too as to why Valknut and Sanngetall are no threat at all compared to how they were in XIV. Maybe I expected too much from SEGA out of this fight.

Odin has such low HP because the difference between well geared and poorly geared players is too big. You've got people affixing 150+ attack on each unit and their weapon vs players who have no affixes at all. You can't balance fights around this disparity. This is why people want some sort of item level check.

I don't know what people were expecting out of an LQ anyway, but you're never going to get proper DPS checks in this game when the gap between players is this large. That's why CM is the only content that has potential to be truly challenging. No bullshit multipliers from skilltrees or skills like WB to muck everything up, no insane affixes, the gap between players was kept to a reasonable degree and the potential of this game really shone through. A shame they've given up on the best thing they had going for this game.

FF14 only manages to do close DPS checks because they remove all choice from the players. Each job is designed around one rotation so the devs know how much damage your job will deal in an instance at a given item level, then balance around that. Sega goes the complete opposite direction and gives players infinitely more choice in terms of playstyle and how they gear themselves. The result is a game Sega can't easily predict and design content around unlike FF14.

NephyrisX
Jul 6, 2016, 09:09 AM
It's on the first post of this thread.

Ah, must have missed that.

Altiea
Jul 6, 2016, 09:55 AM
I don't see what you're talking about. It's not like I got this after 2 runs :
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KwpTAHG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also :
Base + Odin factor + Odin Factor = 50% chance of transfering Odin Factor (tho it isn't its offical name, I decided to call it like that :v )
Base + Odin Factor*3 = 80%

And it stops at 80%

Maybe my phrasing was bad. I mean that the quest so easily fulfills the requirement for the Blue TMGs (which are usually the hardest item on the Sheet) that you don't have to go out of your way to do silly things like SHAQs.

Azure Falcon
Jul 6, 2016, 10:12 AM
Drops way too many eggs.
Just like literally everything else in PSO2.

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 10:29 AM
Anyone tried if this Odin affix conflicts with Yamato?

pkemr4
Jul 6, 2016, 10:36 AM
75% of my drops are eggs

Nyansan
Jul 6, 2016, 10:37 AM
Did some testing with Doom break; compatible with Modulator, Flict/Alter AAAAND Yamato

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 10:42 AM
Doom break;...Modulator...AAAAND Yamato

Perfect. Thanks.

Raujinn
Jul 6, 2016, 10:51 AM
Repeating myself from earlier, this quest drops way too many goddamn eggs. Does over a half of the drop chart really need to be biased towards ONE CLASS. :(

Quest is fine aside that. The most frustrating thing so far (aside EGGS) was a laggy Zeta Guranz. Boy it's fun getting 2-shot by rockets while it warps all over the place in a quest where heals outside of resta are essentially disabled.

Selphea
Jul 6, 2016, 11:32 AM
I'm resorting to the Fo/X life. Free flow Restas :3

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 6, 2016, 12:55 PM
I knew he'd be a joke, but boy does he stand there and get his ass whoopped.

The healing cut is pretty serious to accompany the lower damage things do. I'd like to see that rebalancing in effect for the rest of the game. For science.

I can imagine this is Sega testing things. A broad test is better than a bunch of playtesters doing it repeatedly. I have yet to do the LQ but I'm interested to see this. It would prevent another EQ boss from doing 3x my HP in the future to compensate for easy healing on so many classes.

I do wonder if it's more fun this way.

Shiyo
Jul 6, 2016, 12:55 PM
Don't care for the LQ or the boss fight. F-.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 6, 2016, 12:58 PM
I can imagine this is Sega testing things. A broad test is better than a bunch of playtesters doing it repeatedly. I have yet to do the LQ but I'm interested to see this. It would prevent another EQ boss from doing 3x my HP in the future to compensate for easy healing on so many classes.

I do wonder if it's more fun this way.
Maybe resta can be toned down, but mates are almost useless this way.

Ziel
Jul 6, 2016, 01:03 PM
So, WB got jammed, now healing...

Im guessing im not alone seeing a pattern here on how SEGA is "rebalancing" stuff right?

Guess Zanverse is next on the nerf list...

ZerotakerZX
Jul 6, 2016, 01:05 PM
So, WB got jammed, now healing...

Im guessing im not alone seeing a pattern here on how SEGA is "rebalancing" stuff right?

Guess Zanverse is next on the nerf list...
Lets nerf PAs instead. That will teach us how to be overpowered.

TaigaUC
Jul 6, 2016, 01:10 PM
This game drops too many eggs in general.

Shiyo
Jul 6, 2016, 01:19 PM
I still can't get a 10+ star egg for any of the pets I actually use.
Not doing XH yet though, but yeah. Untradable RNG character progression sure is fun and enjoyable.Brings me back to episode2!

Shadowstarkirby
Jul 6, 2016, 01:29 PM
Abysmal. Maybe my parties were just slow, but it takes a long time to complete this LQ and it doesn't drop anything I'd care for. I get far less badges for the time I spend here than in the previous LQ. The Aura 13s are just Ideal 2.0 which I guess is good for bossing weapons, but I would rather have Ray, so I guess I can give the quest that, it makes some Ray files easier to fill.

I died plenty of times too, because the 80% healing reduction makes mates absolutely worthless. Without Resta or Megiverse, you're better off just doing your best to stay alive and hope you're near a Fo/Te/Bo/Su to heal you when health is low. Odin himself is interesting to fight, but I expected it to be longer than it was for all the hype he was getting, like having extra forms or some shit, so I'm just disappointed. I don't really see myself playing this quest much, if at all after the novelty of the boss wears off.

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 01:34 PM
Use Fi and heal yourself with LB, lools.

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2016, 01:38 PM
Abysmal. Maybe my parties were just slow, but it takes a long time to complete this LQ and it doesn't drop anything I'd care for. I get far less badges for the time I spend here than in the previous LQ. The Aura 13s are just Ideal 2.0 which I guess is good for bossing weapons, but I would rather have Ray, so I guess I can give the quest that, it makes some Ray files easier to fill.

I died plenty of times too, because the 80% healing reduction makes mates absolutely worthless. Without Resta or Megiverse, you're better off just doing your best to stay alive and hope you're near a Fo/Te/Bo/Su to heal you when health is low. Odin himself is interesting to fight, but I expected it to be longer than it was for all the hype he was getting, like having extra forms or some shit, so I'm just disappointed. I don't really see myself playing this quest much, if at all after the novelty of the boss wears off.

What about Megiverse?
Its Life drain is extreme considering its common normally to see 4 - 5 digit numbers....

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 01:41 PM
What about Megiverse?
Its Life drain is extreme considering its common normally to see 4 - 5 digit numbers....

Play the quest first dude.

Shadowstarkirby
Jul 6, 2016, 02:06 PM
Use Fi and heal yourself with LB, lools.

I did start out the LQ playing Fi/Hu and trying to cheese with crafted Deadly Circle, but I think the limitations of my machine prevents me from playing Fi well since particle effects kill my FPS upclose. Anytime I LB'd I died, so ended up not using it and switching to something else lol.

What about Megiverse?

Nice and shitty. It double digits for me when I'm Bo/Hu, so not a viable source of healing unless you hit hard with a single attack PA. It'd probably only be okay for multi-attack PAs vs. mobs, but I'd rather just use Resta in that case since it flat out heals everyone around me.

FireswordRus
Jul 6, 2016, 02:09 PM
That LQ break my build. Reset 1 tree, and remove automate halfline.

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 02:40 PM
That LQ break my build. Reset 1 tree, and remove automate halfline.

Since you like HP units, just using trimate (remove mono and dimate) and automatic halfline will balance your HP by half if your hp is roughly 2K.

milranduil
Jul 6, 2016, 02:45 PM
Almost 20 runs, still no gryphon ... Whats wrong with this game >.<

do 1 normal harkotan. end the suffering.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 6, 2016, 02:47 PM

Honestly, it's so brutal that even when I was spamming resta myself, people still died. The 80% reduction is far far too much, especially when bad players will cause spears to drop on you by running right at you, just as you are coming out of a mirage step that would avoided the second by you moving far enough, but theirs just causes you to die. I do fear that person was hoping to catch any Resta I might have casted on myself because they were dying on nearly every fight.

I can't really tell if it's harder for Fo or other tech casters or not...obviously the worst is no tech caster for a full melee group, but I mean with one in the MPA. It's too easy to die on things like Zigur while Resta is trying desperately to heal you.

I imagine support techers will be just as loved in this as ProHUeny, if not more. I know for a fact I would easily survive this with a techer main with full deband passives.

Lets nerf PAs instead. That will teach us how to be overpowered.

I admit it... I lol'd. But don't nerf techniques of course. Sega brand "balance" is to inconvenience as much as possible I noticed.

What about Megiverse?

I admit, despite playing Fo/Te with decent gear, I spent some time trying to keep people alive(doesn't help I personally only came in with 4 moons whoops). I tried using megiverse, but people were just getting healed for measely 11 HP per hit. I imagine with enough damage they could get something out of it, but it's better to just Resta I feel. That's assuming they even survive long enough for all of resta to hit them too 8X;; some people don't know when it's better to back away I guess.

FireswordRus
Jul 6, 2016, 03:11 PM
Since you like HP units, just using trimate (remove mono and dimate) and automatic halfline will balance your HP by half if your hp is roughly 2K.
i am use only trimates more than 1 year, dimates only in long/hard quests.
With LB i am have 705 HP, trimates restore 140 HP in that LQ, with incoming multiple damage ~80*x3 in 1 time or hard hit 160-200.
i am just return to old build with MAG's HP restore, also add 1 sp to healing guard and add 10 sp from AHL to flash guard.
35 HP restore with block frames from Acro Effect and from Deadly Circle (C) enough for survive, also MAG help sometimes. And for critical situations, i am always have celestial laser.
Now no problem with LB on Odin.

SteveCZ
Jul 6, 2016, 03:53 PM
With LB i am have 705 HP, trimates restore 140 HP in that LQ, with incoming multiple damage ~80*x3 in 1 time or hard hit 160-200.
i am just return to old build with MAG's HP restore, also add 1 sp to healing guard and add 10 sp from AHL to flash guard.
35 HP restore with block frames from Acro Effect and from Deadly Circle (C) enough for survive, also MAG help sometimes. And for critical situations, i am always have celestial laser.
Now no problem with LB on Odin.

Interesting. So Healing Guard is not nerfed? Cause that's the usual number it restores.

Hrith
Jul 6, 2016, 05:18 PM
Are we certain Aura weapons only reduce damage from bosses? The potential description does not specify.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 6, 2016, 05:30 PM
Are we certain Aura weapons only reduce damage from bosses? The potential description does not specify.

I assume PSO2 swiki edittors datamine for info to make sure. Rod (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A6%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A8%E3% 82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB) says increased 12%, decrease 15%, from bosses. Just gotta translate it

Interesting. So Healing Guard is not nerfed? Cause that's the usual number it restores.

Did anyone mention if the Seiga pot's restore is effected at all?

Tunga
Jul 6, 2016, 05:33 PM

:wacko:

doomdragon83
Jul 6, 2016, 06:01 PM
[Game Balance Change]

They did all of that and didn't even touch the Class cube -> 2x EXcube stuff at the bottom. They can easily have any class cube you have be required and you get 2 excubes for each of them you give up, no reason not to do this.

IchijinKali
Jul 6, 2016, 06:10 PM
Any and all ways of healing have been nerfed, Just Guard, Just Reversal Cover, Megiverse, Resta, Mates, Mag Heals, and Ketos Proi. Thanks SEGA you have made my TE/RA almost worthless as support compared to just focusing on DPS. Go ahead nerf Zanverse see if I care.

Oh wait the LQ is pointless for anything besides Bingo and Ray. So yeah go ahead nerf Zanverse.

Altiea
Jul 6, 2016, 06:50 PM
Any and all ways of healing have been nerfed, Just Guard, Just Reversal Cover, Megiverse, Resta, Mates, Mag Heals, and Ketos Proi. Thanks SEGA you have made my TE/RA almost worthless as support compared to just focusing on DPS. Go ahead nerf Zanverse see if I care.

Oh wait the LQ is pointless for anything besides Bingo and Ray. So yeah go ahead nerf Zanverse.

Someone's salty about their support build being useless for literally one quest.

Shiyo
Jul 6, 2016, 07:01 PM

WB shouldn't even exist.

Great Pan
Jul 6, 2016, 07:06 PM
Already got Zantetsu'd. I blame the shitty MPA for this.

reaper527
Jul 6, 2016, 07:14 PM
Doom Break...
Its an affix I can actually use if its not a soul, so yes... :) I am glad its there....

I wonder if its weapons-only...
If so, then Gunslashes it is!! :P (I have an addiction to Queen Vieras)

can confirm that it's definitely NOT weapons only.

http://i.imgur.com/R1xWtzx.png

IchijinKali
Jul 6, 2016, 07:23 PM
Someone's salty about their support build being useless for literally one quest.

Tell me that again when SEGA changes already existing EQs down the line and this curative debuff is added and becomes a staple just like WB jamming. Then further down that line Zanverse debuff is introduced in a similar fashion and then becomes another staple. Followed by Deband/Shifta, then PP regen, maybe even Anti.

Difficulty increase by way of limitation not increased aggressiveness, damage given, new attacks, or just a simple HP buff but by way of making the player weaker.

CoWorker
Jul 6, 2016, 07:24 PM
Any and all ways of healing have been nerfed, Just Guard, Just Reversal Cover, Megiverse, Resta, Mates, Mag Heals, and Ketos Proi.

Well Limit Break's full heal still works, and Elder Pain sword's lifesteal was only nerfed slightly but still can refill your HP to max and still able to face-tank every Odin's attack :U

Vintasticvin
Jul 6, 2016, 07:42 PM
Tell me that again when SEGA changes already existing EQs down the line and this curative debuff is added and becomes a staple just like WB jamming. Then further down that line Zanverse debuff is introduced in a similar fashion and then becomes another staple. Followed by Deband/Shifta, then PP regen, maybe even Anti.

Difficulty increase by way of limitation not increased aggressiveness, damage given, new attacks, or just a simple HP buff but by way of making the player weaker.
Everyone is crying for increased difficulty. Wishe granted! They should be careful what wish for cause they might just get it (which they did).

Selphea
Jul 6, 2016, 07:46 PM

Whaa Resta is great in there. Think of this another way - any class without Resta or Elder Pain or Limit Break has no access to effective heals. Otoh a Te with crafted Resta can still heal to almost full in a single cast. It's MMO style healing.

At most, use a crafted Clarita Visas or something, although frankly you don't need to go that far. I don't believe a Te can't heal in there

Tunga
Jul 6, 2016, 08:02 PM
I thought the average resta tick for a force would be in the 1000-1200 range. I know my force would do 1327 resta under regular boost(tree and shifta) and my boucer around 700. Whats the healing nerf for this? 80% or something?

Keilyn
Jul 6, 2016, 08:02 PM
Heaven Forbid that PSO-2 gamers actually get exposed to actual MMORPG healing that is not full heal per pulse and support players have to actually time their heals. Its nice that Odin does what happens in FF XIV (and practically every major FF game), which is to create a DPS check when a round-timer or countdown-timer appear and when it runs out... everyone dies!

What I love about DPS checks is that in the holy trinity, its never the DPS's fault... Its always the healer's fault first when everyone dies, as tanks are in demand in many games so no one holds a tank accountable...since as soon as the first insult flies towards a tank, a tank just leaves, queues and is in a map in under 10 seconds. However, the creation of the DPS-Check made it so that DPS players everywhere can no longer get a free slot in the party regardless their DPS-levels and initiation strategies...

When a group can not meet a DPS check and tanks and healers are doing their job, we get to blame DPS players for being worse at DPSing than healers are at actual supporting, or tanks at actually tanking... So I've come to love DPS Checks in games. :P In the land of the holy trinity, DPS are the lowest on the food-chain as far as demand goes....because everyone wants to be the DPS hero... :P It means that the best get to show off their stuff, while the worse can have fun playing alone.

cheapgunner
Jul 6, 2016, 08:06 PM
Already got Zantetsu'd. I blame the shitty MPA for this.

Same here. Having to rely on competent MPA for completion is a buzzkill.

Xaelouse
Jul 6, 2016, 08:14 PM
Healing reduced by 80% is incredibly severe, playing safe is boring also there's still moon atomizer x60 and odin dies the moment he even starts his "DPS check"
For comparison, PD can still be tough even with automate because he can either drain your mates quickly or completely one shot you if you dont have enough HP, forcing you to dodge -some- things at least but not every fucking thing.

Dammy
Jul 7, 2016, 12:13 AM
Decent FO heals for 250+ per tick in this quest , so like 1000+ per Resta, which is more than enough
Odin fight is not hard, just look at ground and don't stay in shit

DrCatco
Jul 7, 2016, 12:23 AM
Decent FO heals for 250+ per tick in this quest , so like 1000+ per Resta, which is more than enough
Odin fight is not hard, just look at ground and don't stay in shit

But sometimes, Forces are busy dealing damage and/or evading, and cannot heal properly. Suddenly techers are important in this LQ.

Also, I have seen that Odin is vulnerable to shock. Can anyone confirm?

elryan
Jul 7, 2016, 12:24 AM

You do know that playing support in PSO2 is mostly useless, right?

A dedicated RA or a dedicated TE would deal far more damage than your pathetic weak bullet dispenser build.

Hahahaha oh what. Jamming WB is the best thing SEGA did for class balance recently. Notice how PD is doable without a weak bullet? People literally LEAVE Magatsu parties the very second it started just because there's no WB.

A skill that amplifies the damage of the entire raid party by 2.55x is not a good game design. WB should be removed from the game and everyone's damage is boosted to compensate. Last time it happened (Episode 3 class balance, 300% --> 255%), everyone's damage was boosted and the classes become more or less balanced.

There needs to be another WB nerf. Remove WB influence on the metagame and boost everyone's damage to compensate. Remake WB to something like Summoner's Point Assist + Support Fire (only increases caster's damage but on all body parts).

sheen20
Jul 7, 2016, 12:27 AM
After about 30 runs I have come to the conclusion that Gryphons do not appear in the LQ below XH(Since I can only play SH), can anyone confirm this or falsify this? Thanks

Rakurai
Jul 7, 2016, 12:45 AM
Also, I have seen that Odin is vulnerable to shock. Can anyone confirm?

If he gets shocked, his horse will start flailing around, making him unable to do anything for a short while.

Not sure if you need to specifically target the horse to make the stun happen or if anywhere works.

Altiea
Jul 7, 2016, 12:46 AM
After about 30 runs I have come to the conclusion that Gryphons do not appear in the LQ below XH(Since I can only play SH), can anyone confirm this or falsify this? Thanks

I've gotten Gryphon... Once. In less than ten runs, though. Odds of spawn seem to be stupidly low, so if you need to hunt a Gryphon that bad, do Harukotan TA and call it a day.

Tunga
Jul 7, 2016, 12:52 AM
boost everyone's damage to compensate.

Damage wouldn't even need to be boosted (WP damage boost maybe) . Even without WB bosses/mobs get completely obliterated (and not only by Fote). Magatsu would need to a make-over tho.

sparab
Jul 7, 2016, 01:06 AM
I am lucky enough to get jigumo>diabo>glyphoon>guranzo in 4 runs. Average 2 cubes per run with 250%+30%.

Now to take another two weeks' break.

isCasted
Jul 7, 2016, 02:56 AM
Heal jamming is definitely annoying, but it didn't have to be this way. I don't think it's a bad way to boost difficulty (although proper methods would be better).
This quest (and boss fight) makes a classic PSO2 issue arise again: cancel frames suck.

Let's take Dark Souls as an example. Those games have lengthy healing animations too, but, once you get healed, you can cancel the rest of animation with a dodge. Given how long characters just stand after using items in PSO2, it would really make sense to add it. Dark Souls 3 allows you to move slowly while healing, that could work nicely as a skill. The way DS games work is that you need to learn enemy patterns to understand correct times to heal; in PSO2 attacks are generally random, and you can have enemy randomly fully telegraph and hit you all while you are using a dimate or atomizer (and Odin fight makes this issue more apparent than any other boss).

This quest isn't even hard. New PD, solo XQ and recent TA are all harder than it. Yet, it's far less fair than any of those.

elryan
Jul 7, 2016, 02:58 AM
Damage wouldn't even need to be boosted (WP damage boost maybe) . Even without WB bosses/mobs get completely obliterated (and not only by Fote). Magatsu would need to a make-over tho.

I respectfully disagree.

Everyone obliterates SH bosses. That's a given. However, not all classes can melt XH bosses in seconds. (Lv.80 Crys Draal / Noire Draal with maximum corruption cores in XHAQ is a nightmare to fight against, if you're not using FO)

Pyrei
Jul 7, 2016, 03:50 AM
Any place where we can get the music for this LQ as room discs?

nguuuquaaa
Jul 7, 2016, 04:33 AM
Heal jamming is definitely annoying, but it didn't have to be this way. I don't think it's a bad way to boost difficulty (although proper methods would be better).
This quest (and boss fight) makes a classic PSO2 issue arise again: cancel frames suck.

Let's take Dark Souls as an example. Those games have lengthy healing animations too, but, once you get healed, you can cancel the rest of animation with a dodge. Given how long characters just stand after using items in PSO2, it would really make sense to add it. Dark Souls 3 allows you to move slowly while healing, that could work nicely as a skill. The way DS games work is that you need to learn enemy patterns to understand correct times to heal; in PSO2 attacks are generally random, and you can have enemy randomly fully telegraph and hit you all while you are using a dimate or atomizer (and Odin fight makes this issue more apparent than any other boss).

This quest isn't even hard. New PD, solo XQ and recent TA are all harder than it. Yet, it's far less fair than any of those.

Isn't this why Automate and Megiverse exist?

fanfred
Jul 7, 2016, 04:47 AM
they are options b/c some people want a handicap or just want it easy peasy

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 7, 2016, 05:01 AM
Yeah... bosses shouldn't do as much damage as they're doing in a single hit with healing gutted.
If I have to use Xie's wand, and back off to heal every hit/every other hit I take, it's far more annoying than it is difficult.

Isn't this why Automate and Megiverse exist?

Not everyone subs hunter, or puts points in automate.
Not everyone has megiverse, and most people that do will not make spamming it a full time job either.

Telling everyone to play something like Te/Hu doesn't make a design problem go away.

Hrith
Jul 7, 2016, 05:39 AM
Not all classes can melt XH bosses in seconds. (Lv.80 Crys Draal / Noire Draal with maximum corruption cores in SHAQ is a nightmare to fight against, if you're not using FO)My god you must suck at this game so hard. Lv80 rare corrupted bosses are a joke as hunter, fighter, bouncer, gunner, ranger, braver...

Crys Draal is a tough cookie, but Noire Draal is a pushover; King Verdha, Nove Ringadarl or Burn Draal are much, much more dangerous. Although Lv80 corrupted bosses are not hard because of themselves, but because of the corruptions which easily deal upwards of 1,000 damage in the blink of an eye, wherever you are on the arena.

I assume PSO2 swiki edittors datamine for info to make sure. Rod (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A6%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A8%E3% 82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB) says increased 12%, decrease 15%, from bosses. Just gotta translate it.Hmm, no. The very page you linked to does NOT say whether the damage reduction is from bosses only.
強敵への与ダメージが12%上昇し、被ダメージが15%減少 (increased damage to bosses by 12%, reduced damage by 15%). 被 only serves to indicate that it's damage received, not its source. There is no way to tell whether 強敵 at the beginning is true for the second part of the sentence, and knowing how obscure some potential descriptions in this game can be, I'm right to doubt.

nguuuquaaa
Jul 7, 2016, 05:56 AM
I'm not talking about this quest, my point is Automate/Megiverse reduces the time needed for healing, so it's his fault for not taking advantage of them.

Azure Falcon
Jul 7, 2016, 06:29 AM
So does Nepto actually spawn in this quest, or am I going to have to grind Facility Exploration to be able to get one of these new weapons from the file?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 7, 2016, 06:55 AM
I'm not talking about this quest, my point is Automate/Megiverse reduces the time needed for healing, so it's his fault for not taking advantage of them.

Thought you were responding to that closing statement about the quest. My mistake then.

Shiyo
Jul 7, 2016, 07:09 AM
A skill that amplifies the damage of the entire raid party by 2.55x is not a good game design. WB should be removed from the game and everyone's damage is boosted to compensate. Last time it happened (Episode 3 class balance, 300% --> 255%), everyone's damage was boosted and the classes become more or less balanced.

Yeah I've been saying this since episode1 and anyone who disagrees is just factually wrong.

Sirius-91
Jul 7, 2016, 07:26 AM
Yeah I've been saying this since episode1 and anyone who disagrees is just factually wrong.

In my first team during OBT, an ex-team mate of mine was able to hit the soft cap of 9999 with WB and holding current. Super OP.

elryan
Jul 7, 2016, 11:22 AM
My god you must suck at this game so hard. Lv80 rare corrupted bosses are a joke as hunter, fighter, bouncer, gunner, ranger, braver...

Talk is cheap. Show me a video where you can down them within seconds each, alone.

Other than proving your point, those are entertaining to watch too. So don't be shy and show us, if you really can.

I want to watch something like this, but faster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12S0qUz7eVc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKQIJNZWwN0

EDIT:

For those who are saying the corruption cores are the things that are causing difficulties, you're just proving my point. If you can't kill the boss before the core nukes you down with projectiles, it simply means that you are NOT killing the boss fast enough.

When I say fast I mean blazing fast, like within 10-20 seconds. Weak bullet makes killing the bosses at that speed possible whereas without weak bullet you'll go touhou against XHAQ bosses.

So far I'm not seeing that happening outside using Ice Force or a GU/RA to instantly nuke million+ damage to the boss.

pkemr4
Jul 7, 2016, 11:27 AM
already bored of it

TaigaUC
Jul 7, 2016, 12:12 PM
Weak Bullet is bad game design. It causes way too many problems.
You know it's bad design if people always leave immediately when it's not present.
I don't think I've played any other game with an ability like Weak Bullet.

The damage boost makes such a huge difference that it literally makes or breaks a multi.
It's a huge responsibility, and the way it's designed, there's plenty of opportunity for people to screw it up (overwriting, missing, poor cooperation, etc).

Only one class has it, and it's not that popular a class, meaning there's a high chance of PUGs not having anyone with it.
It used to also severely cripple the person using it (can't switch weapons, can't regenerate PP).
It's still sorta crippled (can only switch to Launcher, can't regen with Rifle), although nowhere near as bad as before (Rifle/Launcher buffs and the newer PP regen skills help).
There are plenty of people who play the class but refuse to use WB, because being crippled isn't as fun, or they just don't want to/don't know how to use it.

Arguments about "it would be bad if WB was removed" are irrelevant, because the game was designed around Weak Bullet, and could be rebalanced.
Arguments that "Ranger would be weak without WB" are irrelevant, because they could easily find ways to rebalance Ranger without it.
Don't just assume that the rest of the game would stay the same if they removed it.

I personally think they either need to give everyone a WB-type skill or remove it, and then rebalance the game.
It'd probably also be better if they made WB exclusive to Rangers, or the player who uses it. Something like Summoner's Point Assist.

Tunga
Jul 7, 2016, 12:24 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Everyone obliterates SH bosses. That's a given. However, not all classes can melt XH bosses in seconds. (Lv.80 Crys Draal / Noire Draal with maximum corruption cores in XHAQ is a nightmare to fight against, if you're not using FO)

Those two are easy to stun lock lol.

Zorak000
Jul 7, 2016, 01:39 PM
right now I think the biggest issue they are facing is that the only thing keeping people out of endgame content is class level. We would need a way to make sure people are going in to a difficult mission with equipment that is up to par, while making sure people who do not make the cut have the opportunity to fix that.

which leads to another problem has been plaguing this game since the introduction of Very Hard (or AQs), that people have no incentive to help out others that aren't ready to play the current "endgame"

red1228
Jul 7, 2016, 02:02 PM
@ elryan and hrith

You're both wrong & correct. It's not so much the bosses themselves being a threat at corrupted Lv80, rather its their Infection Cores with bullshit rapid-firing-pinpoint-accuracy doing so much projectile damage that's the problem. It's like the game suddenly goes into pseudo-SHMUP mode.

Also, Automate is not "easy mode handicap" in this LQ, because of the nerfed healing. If something hits you hard enough (like 75% ~ 90% of your health), not even a Trimate will heal you past Half Max HP. Automate only "checks" once at the Half-HP Mark. If you're still below half HP after its attempted to heal you once, it gives up / won't autoheal you again. You'll either have to stop what you're doing to manually heal yourself or die from taking another big hit.

Keilyn
Jul 7, 2016, 05:06 PM
In FF XIV, usually a party of four is 2 DPS, 1 Tank, and 1 Healer.
There are three parties here...
Done right on a good build, even with a 90% heal reduction..
Can't two healers do decently in there between Resta and Megiverse?

Most players in the game going the full DPS route get between 600 - 900 health anyway right?

Superia
Jul 7, 2016, 05:18 PM
Done right on a good build, even with a 90% heal reduction..
Can't two healers do decently in there between Resta and Megiverse?

Megiverse is sort of a bad choice here for various reasons, but even when I am the only one using Resta (as Fo/Te, and I am focused on doing damage) no one seems to die in my MPAs unless they do not know what they are doing.

Raujinn
Jul 7, 2016, 05:31 PM
Megiverse is absolutely destroyed in this quest. Resta is the most reliable source of healing by some distance.

So there's numbers floating about, unfortunately it's part hearsay so take with a grain of cynicism. Odin allegedly has around 10M hp on XH (though apparently it's been recorded as as high as 13M, not sure why there's such a discrepency).

The DPS check should start when Odin is around 15% hp if it follows the FF14 fight closely enough. The check should last up to 30 seconds if it follows the FF14 fight as well, but I feel like it's shorter on PSO2? A video recording I did showed a mere 20s before Zentetsuken went off in a full MPA but a solo attempt as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMyvJuawPQ seemed to last longer. It probably scales with party size.

That video does seem to support the 10M and 15% hp propositions, as they dealt in the region of 1.6M HP to Odin during the DPS check to kill it. This puts a figure of 1.5M HP to get through in the check phase.

This means that over 12 people, you're expected to do at least 125K damage each in 20s if these numbers are accurate. It's really not that high a bar and yet...

If these numbers are accurate and you're doing more than 125K in that time, you're doing more than your fair share is the point I guess. So yay you!

Please do check and correct the numbers posted here, I don't want to spread mis-information.

LordKaiser
Jul 7, 2016, 05:49 PM
Well finally played the LQ and he is fun to play against but it was not as powerful as I thought it would be...

*EDIT*

(If your MPA is good)

Zyrusticae
Jul 7, 2016, 08:05 PM
As Gu/Ra, my PUG actually managed to fail that piddly little DPS check. I alone accounted for at least 500k damage during that period (I don't parse, so this is added up in my head), so that's really pretty fucking sad no matter how you slice it.

sparab
Jul 7, 2016, 08:53 PM
As Gu/Ra, my PUG actually managed to fail that piddly little DPS check. I alone accounted for at least 500k damage during that period (I don't parse, so this is added up in my head), so that's really pretty fucking sad no matter how you slice it.

500k over 20 seconds is...pathetic if you are playing on XH. Does odin have massive shot resistance or something?

Superia
Jul 7, 2016, 09:31 PM
500k over 20 seconds is...pathetic if you are playing on XH. Does odin have massive shot resistance or something?

Not sure, but I think his body does not count as a weakpoint even with jammed WB on it. I have not played Gunner there so I am not sure if he has a separated head hitbox that you could WB/CT on.

Raujinn
Jul 7, 2016, 10:03 PM
Pathetic or not, 500k is more than their fair share of the DPS check.

Selphea
Jul 7, 2016, 10:36 PM
Not sure, but I think his body does not count as a weakpoint even with jammed WB on it. I have not played Gunner there so I am not sure if he has a separated head hitbox that you could WB/CT on.

There's something on his head blocking downward attacks for sure. If you Chain Trigger Odin's body then hit Zonde-0, Zonde hits the top ie not the horse but doesn't fire the Chain

Altiea
Jul 7, 2016, 10:50 PM
Odin has strange registers for headshots. Even at close range, I can only tick 5k with my +40 Hidden Pot. Blitz Fender if under maximum High Time and Standing Snipe.

Selphea
Jul 7, 2016, 11:09 PM
Yes the funny thing is his head is not a weak point which is half the reason I'll use Fo to farm it if i need to (the other half being Resta)

Xaeris
Jul 8, 2016, 12:21 AM
Damn, this collab was really a labor of love.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/jpuK4og.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
It's the same title you get for defeating Odin at Urth's Fount in FFXIV.

SteveCZ
Jul 8, 2016, 05:49 AM
Does this Odin count as an abberation?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 07:43 AM
Does this Odin count as an abberation?

All collabs are abberations in PSO2!

I don't know.

Raujinn
Jul 8, 2016, 08:13 AM
Huh well, that last Odin used Zantetsuken after a mere 8 seconds or so.What.

Seriously I had time to get one 30 chain off then it used it, so I'm no longer sure how the timing works.

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2016, 08:21 AM
All collabs are abberations in PSO2!

I don't know.

Not only collabs, Sonic Nyau too !

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 08:23 AM
Not only collabs, Sonic Nyau too !

Ultimate buster should work on that aberration.

milranduil
Jul 8, 2016, 08:24 AM
Huh well, that last Odin used Zantetsuken after a mere 8 seconds or so.What.

Seriously I had time to get one 30 chain off then it used it, so I'm no longer sure how the timing works.

was he shocked before he went to the center? that's the only thing i can think of besides the classic 'lag' :wacko:

Raujinn
Jul 8, 2016, 08:30 AM
I think he might've been shocked, yeah... D: But lag is still possible!

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2016, 08:35 AM
"Because of causing massive lag and disappointement, Odin's Zantetsuken has been removed. We apologize that we apologize for the inconvenience. 1 Star Gem will be distributed in 6 months."

Raujinn
Jul 8, 2016, 08:37 AM
Hm he did it again. This time i was able to empty my PP bar through sataim after the chain at least (which irritatingly emptied into Sleipnir instead of the weakbulletted Odin.. I just can't work out the sweet spot for it)

e: Yeah lag my end I guess. Oh well.

SteveCZ
Jul 9, 2016, 03:30 AM
Just realized Odin can spawn in area 1 too..

Hrith
Jul 9, 2016, 04:13 AM
Now that I have played this mission a lot, I kind of like the idea behind it (except enemies with reduced HP, that's just retarded, if there are more players, enemies should have more HP). Reduced HP regeneration makes it nearly impossible to heal with mates, so instead you must rely on actual teamplay and roles are more defined than they usually are. Sadly, because people are so bad at this game, they still think doing damage and rushing headlong are the best ways to tackle the mission.
I guess it's too late for PSO2.
The game itself is to blame, though: that MPA system does not allow for any form of party setup.
With two or three good healers, that mission goes a lot faster - and a lot more smoothly - than with twelve DPS classes.

NightfallG
Jul 9, 2016, 10:12 AM
twelve DPS classes

FO/TE does it all. :v

DrCatco
Jul 9, 2016, 10:24 AM
FO/TE does it all. :v
But not at the same time. One dedicaded techer is a good adition in this LQ.

SteveCZ
Jul 9, 2016, 10:34 AM
But not at the same time. One dedicaded techer is a good adition in this LQ.

They're all techers in heart. 8-)

Saffran
Jul 9, 2016, 10:41 AM
I seem to have missed the DPS threashold for the boss. Do we have any estimation? Also, does the horse count?

I got a ???? after harukotan, went in and had to face a lv80 Odin. No healing restriction, but you're alone so...

Raujinn
Jul 9, 2016, 10:53 AM
As long as your "support" can pump out their share of the DPS during the check then sure. This can be either their own DPS or through the increase in the party's DPS covering their lack of it (this only works if they're the only supporter of this kind, however... ).

I'm not talking about everything before that of course, where sure the healing will mean people can spend more time attacking than dodging.

e: Odin is estimated to have around 1.5M HP at the DPS check at lv75. This may vary depending on unknown circumstances, however. For the lv80 you get in the parallel area I couldn't tell you. It may be that the check is high enough that only some class combinations can actually deal with it solo and everyone else may as well return to campship upon seeing Odin. Such is the drawback to raw DPS checks on bosses.

Droid803
Jul 9, 2016, 11:26 AM
I could solo (with support partners) lv80 Parallel Area Odin's DPS check as Katana BrHu using only Guren-Tessen, with an expired shifta drink. Katana isn't exactly the king of bossing DPS on a completely stationary non-attacking target (let's be honest, it's kind of on the low-ish end for that), so I don't think most classes would have a problem.

I think it gives you a bit more time - kind of like 30+ seconds, but the 1.5m HP thing sounds about right. He seemed to be holding his sword up for an eternity. I don't know how much time the LQ one gives you since the MPA always wrecks him within the first 5 seconds or so whenever I did it.

Raujinn
Jul 9, 2016, 11:30 AM
The timings vary, it can 15 or 20 seconds. Solo appears to get 30 seconds I think.

e: Sorry swiki just notes that 15, 20 and 30 are the three patterns observed. It doesn't seem to specify conditions

Sounds like the bar isn't set too high for the parallel area which is slightly relieving.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 11:53 AM
Might actually dust off my Te and do this LQ for cubes or something.

That's if I'm nice enough to do pugs more favors they don't deserve.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2016, 12:10 PM
I was doing low damage (which is not surprising since I tank) but I don't think I could have done 1.5M damage anyway.
My mag auto-revived me but Odin was just chilling and he disappeared like a trash mob after a cleared emergency.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 9, 2016, 02:18 PM
I can't believe you still discussing Odin. He is so absurdly easy no one should ever have any problems with him, unless you soloing or just having really small MPA
I've tried to fight him with party of two DDs and one Healer, and it wen't a bit challenging, but well overall.

Raujinn
Jul 9, 2016, 02:40 PM
You underestimate how bad some MPAs can be.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 9, 2016, 03:38 PM
Everything becomes easier with 12/12 mpa that people shouldn't really brag how piss easy it is since you still rely on the other 11 OP players to get the job done.

I dare people solo or join a bad MPA that dies all the time for you to stop and moon only to get yourself killed and see how difficulty jumps off the roof using not so OP non-one shot class combination with a still good/great gears.

Sirius-91
Jul 9, 2016, 03:42 PM
I can't believe you still discussing Odin. He is so absurdly easy no one should ever have any problems with him, unless you soloing or just having really small MPA
I've tried to fight him with party of two DDs and one Healer, and it wen't a bit challenging, but well overall.

http://imgur.com/a/fP6Dh

ZerotakerZX
Jul 9, 2016, 03:47 PM
If 2-3 decent players are enough to kill him with little trouble, than all other players can just stand there and look good - I see no troubles there.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 9, 2016, 03:55 PM
I believe it still takes a lot of time to kill him quickly in a small party. 2-3 decent players isn't really practical to get it done quick unless one or two of them can dish out a shit load of damage with a perfect class combi like RA/BR(not sure if I'm right on this) and perfect gears. Even then, rarely I see anyone deal a load of damage on a boss in most of my runs.

Does number of PT effect Odin's HP btw?

sparab
Jul 9, 2016, 04:16 PM

Better than tons of +0 *13 users I have seen. It's natural that people go full leech mode in L(evling)Q.

Raujinn
Jul 9, 2016, 04:46 PM
Odin's HP is affected by... something if the ACT logs are anything to go by. It doesn't seem to be MPA size.. not sure what it is.

If 2-3 decent players are enough to kill him with little trouble, than all other players can just stand there and look good - I see no troubles there.

Something you want to consider is when you're fighting him as 3, you likely have a lot longer to deal with the DPS check. In a full MPA, you'll have to do the same in a much shorter timespan, so yeah it's not that simple.

In theory though yeah, 2-3 excellent players can carry the whole MPA no problem, but I don't see why this precludes the usefulness of discussing the intricacies of how the boss itself works? I mean at least the people who do end up having to do the carrying might have a better idea of what theyre going to have to do to make up for their shittyMPAs?

Superia
Jul 9, 2016, 04:48 PM
Odin's HP is affected by... something if the ACT logs are anything to go by. It doesn't seem to be MPA size.. not sure what it is.

Something you want to consider is when you're fighting him as 3, you likely have a lot longer to deal with the DPS check. In a full MPA, you'll have to do the same in a much shorter timespan, so yeah it's not that simple. It's no shame to not be able to comprehend just how bad some groups are, we all do it.

Is it less than 20 seconds with a full party?

Raujinn
Jul 9, 2016, 04:52 PM
Swiki lists three patterns: 15s, 20s and 30s. So yeah, it can be less than 20s. It seems if you get a bad lag spike the time for the check may end up being even smaller :(...

SteveCZ
Jul 9, 2016, 04:54 PM
I can't believe you still discussing Odin.

I see no harm on people discussing about Odin whether he's a problem or not. It's like saying PSO2 is easy, let's not talk about it. Lol.

Madevil
Jul 9, 2016, 05:28 PM

lol, not surprising how bad MPAs could be:

1. saw someone carrying a 7* bullet bow... oh, I was wrong, it was a gold badge ver. 2, with +3 grinding~

2. I guess it's not necessary to bring a 13*, someone brought a 12* with +10 grinding... hey, that's a NOX NT

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 09:21 PM

I don't care what quest you're doing, there's no excuse for running around with units not even +10ed. It's not expensive to do, nor is it difficult.

If a few minutes at dudu is too much for people like that, I'll start taking moons off my subpallet if there's enough of those players in one MPA.

Yes players are bound to be carried either way, but putting so little effort into your gear like you expect it is just shitty.

Dammy
Jul 10, 2016, 01:24 AM
^ im with you on this one, dude
maybe they change something if noone res them

cheapgunner
Jul 10, 2016, 08:19 AM
Agreed too. Talking with some random pugs I party up with b4 an EQ pops and they are discussing which new lobby action to get, and spending millions to buy them, but have halfassed units grinder and mix n matched ones to boot, not even set bonus. >.>;

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2016, 09:21 AM

Welfare 13 stars were a mistake.
I see this shit all the time now.
I don't see a problem with the first persons fists though? Grinded to +30, 4 affix, and 50 element. Those are also really good fists if they're nox(and I think they are) That person is trying and actually has a good weapon, grinded, affixed, AND added element to it. You shouldn't be posting about his equipment, he's trying.

Agreed too. Talking with some random pugs I party up with b4 an EQ pops and they are discussing which new lobby action to get, and spending millions to buy them, but have halfassed units grinder and mix n matched ones to boot, not even set bonus. >.>;

That's the problem. These morons spend 20m+ on lobby actions and costume but can't even 2 affix their damn units. I would at least settle for people putting +60 attk on their units at this point. Costs like a mil at MOST to do that? Yet it gives you 180 attk which is huge.

I don't understand. But it's ok, the game never tells you or makes you get better so people just get by on the bare min they possibly can, because that's human nature.

Can just leech EQ's until you're 75/75 on every class you want to play and have all the gear you want, then quit. Don't even need units or weapons grinded or affixed, just leech leech leech. Let others carry you! Wonder what happens when 99% of EQ MPA's are leeches? Oh, right, people whine at Sega to nerf to the EQ's until we're left with nothing but Yamato style EQ's and the entire game is just as easy as Yamato. It's a vicious cycle.

EQ's have ruined the game.

gabor100
Jul 10, 2016, 10:10 AM
That person is trying and actually has a good weapon, grinded, affixed, AND added element to it. You shouldn't be posting about his equipment, he's trying.

He is using Hiei set, 375 Meseta is too expensive to grind it? Affixing it cheap af too.

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2016, 11:54 AM
Welfare 13 stars were a mistake.
I see this shit all the time now.
I don't see a problem with the first persons fists though? Grinded to +30, 4 affix, and 50 element. Those are also really good fists if they're nox(and I think they are) That person is trying and actually has a good weapon, grinded, affixed, AND added element to it. You shouldn't be posting about his equipment, he's trying.

Did you not see his units? Unaffixed, 7* set that isn't extended nor grinded. His subclass needs work to dish out Fi/Hu's true potential, but I see that this person thinks that the subclass EXP is faster than actually leveling the class. I'm not claiming to be the best here, but when someone dies far more times than I do, with something that is easily fixable. There's no excuse to their laziness or lack of skill. They're 75 in one of their classes, I expect them to know how to play the game, not spending half the time on the floor.

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2016, 12:01 PM
You're really grasping at straws tbh.
That guy at least has a proper weapon.
Sure his sub and units are gabage, but he at least has a weapon that he 50 elemented, grinded to +30 AND affixed with 4 proper affixes.

He's at least trying to not be a leech/gimp. You can easily find numerous leech/gimps with +0 weapons +0 units no affixes on either weapon or units and level 40 subs.

Tunga
Jul 10, 2016, 01:10 PM
Is there really a need to go naming and shaming like that.

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2016, 03:18 PM
You're really grasping at straws tbh.
That guy at least has a proper weapon.
Sure his sub and units are gabage, but he at least has a weapon that he 50 elemented, grinded to +30 AND affixed with 4 proper affixes.

He's at least trying to not be a leech/gimp. You can easily find numerous leech/gimps with +0 weapons +0 units no affixes on either weapon or units and level 40 subs.

That dude spent 90% of the time on the ground, and with the boost slayer ring, it doesn't show much that this person is trying. The NT weapon system only made it so people like that dude can stop being lazy. Otherwise, this person may have never upgraded their equipment. DPS = Zero if you're dead.

Flaoc
Jul 10, 2016, 06:53 PM
well to add to the misery that is pugs

http://i.grab.la/0670b-4662fd26-bab4-484b-a3fa-821a648a1ab0.png

fanfred
Jul 10, 2016, 07:00 PM
that acronym pug is so funny , what a nice double meaning

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2016, 07:24 PM
well to add to the misery that is pugs

http://i.grab.la/0670b-4662fd26-bab4-484b-a3fa-821a648a1ab0.png
http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/triggered-h3h3-gif.gif

Xaeris
Jul 10, 2016, 07:41 PM
What a waste of an Invade Rear.

Flaoc
Jul 10, 2016, 07:42 PM
http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/triggered-h3h3-gif.gif

here enjoy more triggers

http://i.grab.la/0670b-10a9584b-877f-4cce-ad6a-8309d86e3713.png

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2016, 08:57 PM
here enjoy more triggers

see that isnt as bad, his units are +10 at least and he probably just got the wep but definitely needs work, the ones I black list are the ones who wear un-grinded/just picked up blue Gryphon units follow by any wep dropped by DF bosses OR Nox weps even the ones that arent even good all of that stuff ungrinded/not touch/just bought it

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2016, 09:11 PM
see that isnt as bad, his units are +10 at least and he probably just got the wep but definitely needs work, the ones I black list are the ones who wear un-grinded/just picked up blue Gryphon units follow by any wep dropped by DF bosses OR Nox weps even the ones that arent even good all of that stuff ungrinded/not touch/just bought it

Just needs to affix the units and weapon, probably stick to a main class too.

SteveCZ
Jul 10, 2016, 09:16 PM
Pug will always be pug.

Maybe you guys want to open a new thread to post these kind of things to satisfy your forever judgement about forever undergeared pug due to high demand, instead of posting them here.

Gaylar
Jul 10, 2016, 09:26 PM
here enjoy more triggers

Why couldn't that have been a partizan too, honestly ;_;

I love the look of those weapons, shame from the questionable pot.

Tunga
Jul 10, 2016, 09:53 PM
All of these pics on their equipment, but no one uses that nice feature there called... uh ... Fashion Info!

sparab
Jul 10, 2016, 10:07 PM
All of these pics on their equipment, but no one uses that nice feature there called... uh ... Fashion Info!

Because nobody cares how many pairs of wings you have.

Tunga
Jul 10, 2016, 10:20 PM
Because nobody cares how many pairs of wings you have.

Phashion >> Gear

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2016, 10:37 PM
Well, like I've said before, it doesn't matter if your weapon is the best when your defense is garbage and you just die constantly.
Can't do damage while dead. I don't know how people constantly dead on the ground can seriously believe that they're contributing significantly.

And it costs a ridiculous amount more to set up a good weapon than it does to simply +10 your units.
I probably spend maybe 4-10m to max a 13 star. It costs maybe 200-400k to grind three 10 star units to +10 units. That's ~20 times cheaper.
You don't even need to max element for units, or unlock potential, or have Lambda Grinders.

So those people somehow have weeks of Lambda Grinders saved up, but just can't be bothered spending around 5 minutes to max their crappy units.

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2016, 11:35 PM
Yeah I did my units when coming back then did weapons later. Units are a joke to do and you get more mileage out of them than weapons by far imo.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 11, 2016, 01:48 AM
Pug will always be pug.

Maybe you guys want to open a new thread to post these kind of things to satisfy your forever judgement about forever undergeared pug due to high demand, instead of posting them here.
we would but mods would move it and well lol scrubs be scrubs bro, too casual for me for me to want to you know, get good and have fun at the same time. I guess some people would rather be a glorious winged faggot with all them wings on them Wings errywurr

Well, like I've said before, it doesn't matter if your weapon is the best when your defense is garbage and you just die constantly.
Can't do damage while dead. I don't know how people constantly dead on the ground can seriously believe that they're contributing significantly.

It's like im reading the ol PP vs HP debates but they never go anywhere and explode into flames

Zangor17
Jul 12, 2016, 03:51 AM
is itm e or are the spawn rates for the bosses just not even? i cant seem to get many Diabo's to spawn for me and its what i need for my collection file.

NoobSpectre
Jul 12, 2016, 04:15 AM

Well, as usual, dun get hit. If get hit, dun die. If die, dun constantly scream at others every 3s to res you. And for gawd sake dun die every 10 seconds.

Sometimes I did feel like Piccolo lecturing Gohan on TFS's DBZ Abridged.

sparab
Jul 12, 2016, 09:56 AM
is itm e or are the spawn rates for the bosses just not even? i cant seem to get many Diabo's to spawn for me and its what i need for my collection file.

Only got 1 diabo out of 20-30 runs, so I had to run solo XQ to finish other character's bingo.

KazukiQZ
Jul 12, 2016, 10:59 AM
^Yknow you can just solo the LQ on N difficulty,repeat it till you complete the Bingo?

At least you can save some passes lol

millefeuille
Jul 13, 2016, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is achievable, but has anyone completed a <60 second LQ Odin finish with an organized/pug MPA?

Just curious. Also, to verify my suspicions~. ^^

EDIT: Never mind. Actually did it! Now for the <30 second run!

Flaoc
Jul 13, 2016, 08:24 PM
leechers paradise in here

http://i.grab.la/0670e-d5748439-6bb3-48a1-9bee-ad5252e1adc3.png

http://i.grab.la/0670e-6017ac7c-627a-4295-9c4f-c4238adccab0.png

http://i.grab.la/0670e-9d1181e5-0c6d-400b-9965-eab2dc69a477.png

Superia
Jul 13, 2016, 09:00 PM

Is this shopped?

Tunga
Jul 13, 2016, 09:00 PM
I like how that Elegi set is symmetrical at +8

CoWorker
Jul 13, 2016, 09:04 PM

a moment of silence to the wasted millions of meseta
*cue the sad violin music*

Tunga
Jul 13, 2016, 09:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo
R.I.P Noble affix

Flaoc
Jul 13, 2016, 09:38 PM
Is this shopped?

i wish it was shopped but this is real

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 14, 2016, 05:47 AM
i wish it was shopped but this is real

Is this real life, or is this just Phantasy?

I burned millions on gambling with affixes, or LAs I thought I'd like from lack of foresight, but that is willingly flushing millions down the drain on purpose.

Still better than some things (http://i.imgsafe.org/dfc969b4e9.jpg) I've (http://i.imgsafe.org/dfc9767c69.jpg) seen (http://i.imgsafe.org/dfc984c02b.jpg).

Selphea
Jul 14, 2016, 06:36 AM
I should screenshot my new casual units :'D

Saffran
Jul 14, 2016, 06:37 AM
Maninbluejumpsuit > those are obviously raw drops. The first two are received in the collect sheets and the last one dropped naturally from Odin.

IMO the one with noble affix and random crap to make it four slots is way worse.

millefeuille
Jul 14, 2016, 10:57 PM
I finally saw Shin-Zantetsuken for the first time. ^^;

Going to compare all the data points I've had since then.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 14, 2016, 11:04 PM
Falco stop plz, I get mad enough with Eng PD mpa's as is, seeing these stupid affix decisions is just too much, its incomprehensible to the human mind as to why someone would do that with a noble boost. spare me please

Xaeris
Jul 14, 2016, 11:04 PM
If I ever see Shin Zantetsuken, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to close the client and quit playing for the day. On that thought, does anyone know how the parallel area version of Odin differs from the LQ version (which is also technically a parallel area, but w/e)? I encountered one solo, titled and Level 80, while SHAQ'ing last week and still beat him pretty handily. I don't know if it has more HP, or if the Zantetsuken timer scales with the number of people fighting though.

Great Pan
Jul 15, 2016, 12:17 AM
See no Techer or Ranger, me leave.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2016, 12:21 AM
good man

sparab
Jul 15, 2016, 12:25 AM

Go play RaTe

millefeuille
Jul 15, 2016, 12:27 AM
I don't know if it has more HP, or if the Zantetsuken timer scales with the number of people fighting though.

The Shin-Zantetsuken timer probably scales just from the solo videos. He never shows up in my free fields! So I don't have a reference for anything outside the LQ.

His HP is certainly bipolar.

SteveCZ
Jul 15, 2016, 12:34 AM

Lol really? You must be through a lot of terrible MPAs that you have to leave even without Techer or Ranger for this LQ. O.o

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2016, 12:41 AM
Lol really? You must be through a lot of terrible MPAs that you have to leave even without Techer or Ranger for this LQ. O.o
I usually leave or dont join if no WB (even with jammer), not for my sake but joining a PUG is always a gamble so i'd rather have a quick run more than anything else
2 HU's, 1 FI, 3 SU's, 2 FO's, 1 GU (usually doesnt wb anyways), 2 BR's, 1 BO or any combination of those (and maybe a TE but they only buff, no Zanverse) is not my ideal run. Absolutely no thanks to 15min runs, i got other ships to do too

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2016, 07:02 AM
What the music used for falz/boss ETs? Not odin's theme.

AsinineWaffle
Jul 16, 2016, 07:18 AM
FFXIV:A Realm Reborn's standard battle theme. I believe it's this variant of it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BKTzWSYlw