PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO 2 with Steam Overlay in Windows 10: Doesn't Work?

Shade_Koopa
Jul 10, 2016, 01:13 PM
I recently just update to Windows 10. I am able to play the game just fine. However, I seemed to have lost my ability to use the Steam Overlay with PSO 2. I was able to use it just fine in Windows 7 with the PSO 2 Tweaker. Anyone know why it no longer works in Windows 10? Anyone have a way of getting it to work?

Yden
Jul 10, 2016, 04:20 PM
Try setting steam to run in admin mode by right clicking the shortcut and going properties > compatibility tab.

Shade_Koopa
Jul 12, 2016, 03:27 AM
Try setting steam to run in admin mode by right clicking the shortcut and going properties > compatibility tab.

Is there anyway to get it to work WITHOUT Steam running in Admin mode? I rather avoid running anything in Admin mode unless I really have to.

Also, doesn't running any program in Admin mode have complications in the long run?

Sirius-91
Jul 12, 2016, 05:02 AM
Is there anyway to get it to work WITHOUT Steam running in Admin mode? I rather avoid running anything in Admin mode unless I really have to.

Also, doesn't running any program in Admin mode have complications in the long run?

Not unless there's an exploit injection in the application you gave admin permissions to. Just things such as steam overlay requires hooking onto the application, which is why admin is needed.

Shade_Koopa
Jul 12, 2016, 12:06 PM
Huh, odd. I wonder why it worked fine in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10?

Sirius-91
Jul 12, 2016, 01:29 PM
Huh, odd. I wonder why it worked fine in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10?
Because, since windows 8, the permission system was overhauled, and now needs permissions for just about everything that didn't before in windows 7. Windows 10 carries on these tougher restrictions, in which it becomes harder for an average user to accidentally install malware.