PDA

View Full Version : Is dashing useful anymore?

Tafyog
Jul 10, 2016, 10:04 PM
So I was doing some dashes in TA's only to find that I am being beat by people who are just running. Is Dashing (specifically Dual Dashing and Quad Dashing) useful anymore?

CoWorker
Jul 10, 2016, 10:35 PM
SEGA buffed normal running at the start of Ep3 which made Step Dashing obsolete

However there's still Braver's Gurren Tessen dashing which is way more faster with low pp cost

Tafyog
Jul 11, 2016, 01:58 AM
SEGA buffed normal running at the start of Ep3 which made Step Dashing obsolete

However there's still Braver's Gurren Tessen dashing which is way more faster with low pp cost

You can do that with other classes through multi class katanas right? Is it useful for finishing TAs quick?

CoWorker
Jul 11, 2016, 02:49 AM
You can do that with other classes through multi class katanas right? Is it useful for finishing TAs quick?

yes, you need multi-class weapons and have Braver as your main or sub... still theres no katana that has a free Guren PA...

and yes it can zoom through TAs quickly and other stuff like rushing Boss Kill Daily Orders, if you need extra milage you might want either have a ton of PP, using katanas that have reduced PP cost (like 11* Kongou katana or 13* Skull Katana) or use a class combination that boost pp regen (like Fi/Br to refill PP to max after Limit Break or take advantage on Te/Br's PP Restorate or PP Convert when your out of pp) but really these are just optional

also for Tech users, theres also ilzonde (craft to reduce charge time), and optional things to get extra milage out of it is having a Lightning Tree with Bolt Tech PP Save, or using a weapon that reduces PP cost

Selphea
Jul 11, 2016, 03:22 AM
There's also dual blades for dash dash shift wing

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 03:38 AM

If you have a good latency, this one is as fast as walking, which is good to avoid slow transition from attack mode to run mode (if you walk, there's a delay to get to the buffed walk speed).

If you have native latency, penta dash is faster (saw it in comparison video somewhere I forgot, so I have no practical example to have it work ever since the buff took place cause I am no Japaneezh).

... But if you have good PP management, you won't need these anymore except for the maps that are very long.

CoWorker
Jul 11, 2016, 03:48 AM

oh yeah that too, but i rarely see those cuz Gurren is the better traveling PA, i also recall 1 Force user using a crafted 11* Ciel Rishell DBs for ilzonde shift-dashing but that was ages ago and i never tested it myself

anyway i also forgot, another good use for to use dashing PAs is to hunt Boss Kills for collection files, like take 1 Braver guy who is good on travelling with Gurren as your "Taxi Driver" and rest of the party are boss killers, and you will have a slightly faster time on racking collection %'s (with RDRs of course, and hope the braver guy doesnt get trolled by the randomly generated map)

milranduil
Jul 11, 2016, 08:18 AM
If you have a good latency, this one is as fast as walking, which is good to avoid slow transition from attack mode to run mode (if you walk, there's a delay to get to the buffed walk speed).

If you have native latency, penta dash is faster (saw it in comparison video somewhere I forgot, so I have no practical example to have it work ever since the buff took place cause I am no Japaneezh).

... But if you have good PP management, you won't need these anymore except for the maps that are very long.

LA timing is different but not slower for ping higher than 20-30. Regardless, penta is faster in both cases.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 11, 2016, 09:08 AM
Also dashing is useful for dodging, I bet you didn't knew that.

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 09:26 AM
LA timing is different but not slower for ping higher than 20-30. Regardless, penta is faster in both cases.

My experience is when having a ping around 120 - 130, the command delay builds up to the 2nd LA to throw, it won't switch instantly. I got to wait for that. Cause of that issue, the penta dash was just the same as buffed walking speed that I'd rather double pb dash instead.

250+ is even worse, you get slower than walking cause of those small switching delays building up. I can go just a bit faster in ping 62 - 65 but still slower than expected (from those JP happily penta dashing in those TA videos..), so I assume that only JP location latency could reduce the delays.

This has been an issue for long I guess... or maybe I'm just not good enough though. :-P

Also dashing is useful for dodging, I bet you didn't knew that.

Dang, I didn't know.

milranduil
Jul 11, 2016, 09:27 AM
My experience is when having a ping around 120 - 130, the command delay builds up to the 2nd LA to throw, it won't switch instantly. You got to wait for that, thus the effect is the penta dash is just the same as buffed walking speed that I'd rather double pb dash instead. 250+ is even worse, you get slower than walking cause of the that small switching delays. I can go faster in ping 62 - 65, so I assume that only JP location latency could reduce the delays. This has been an issue for long I guess... or maybe I'm just not good enough though. :-P

Dang, I didn't know.

the idea is you press the LA earlier for higher ping. what second LA are you trying to do? no dash i know of uses 2 LAs... 1 LA, 2 weapon switch + db dash is penta, so idk where you get 2 LAs for one dash sequence.

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 09:39 AM
the idea is you press the LA earlier for higher ping. what second LA are you trying to do? no dash i know of uses 2 LAs... 1 LA, 2 weapon switch + db dash is penta, so idk where you get 2 LAs for one dash sequence.

Oops sorry I mean weapon switch. Aren't you getting delay on the weapon switches? Mine just won't switch instantly, even when I set it earlier, it won't register on higher ping.

milranduil
Jul 11, 2016, 10:19 AM
Oops sorry I mean weapon switch. Aren't you getting delay on the weapon switches? Mine just won't switch instantly, even when I set it earlier, it won't register on higher ping.

i'd have to see what you are doing. you should be using jump cancel to force the ws during the dashes. you need chat command to do penta since there is cooldown for ws if no chat command.

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 10:45 AM
i'd have to see what you are doing. you should be using jump cancel to force the ws during the dashes. you need chat command to do penta since there is cooldown for ws if no chat command.

Of course, with jump cancel, so it switches right away cause of the jump. I had to use the switch right after the LA (dash -> LA -> switch command -> dash -> jump cancel ~) so it works instantly on the first switch, but it won't on the 2nd one cause it just won't register. I have to wait a little bit to send the ws command, cause if not, the jump cancel won't cancel anything, cause there is no weapon switch happening in the first place.

So if I do it too late, then of course the dash is late. If I do it too early, it won't register and jump cancel will just normally jump my character. If not too late and not too early, at my latency, it's just as fast as walking. Even chat command has delays. It's the same like when doing the one with camo switches command.

milranduil
Jul 11, 2016, 11:01 AM
Of course, with jump cancel, so it switches right away cause of the jump. I had to use the switch right after the LA (dash -> LA -> switch command -> dash -> jump cancel ~) so it works instantly on the first switch, but it won't on the 2nd one cause it just won't register. I have to wait a little bit to send the ws command, cause if not, the jump cancel won't cancel anything, cause there is no weapon switch happening in the first place.

So if I do it too late, then of course the dash is late. If I do it too early, it won't register and jump cancel will just normally jump my character. If not too late and not too early, at my latency, it's just as fast as walking. Even chat command has delays. It's the same like when doing the one with camo switches command.

have you tried adding the LA to the chat command itself? so that its /la whatever /mpal#

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 11:21 AM
have you tried adding the LA to the chat command itself? so that its /la whatever /mpal#

Yes. Actually, my first try of LA change is using chat command cause my keyboard hates 'alt + whatev' with other button pressed (I need more effort to make alt to work). I tried that and normal switch buttons, and then I was so desperate and I thought I just combine it (my friend suggested me to try it so, like you now). But it was the same. Also same goes when using alt. I tried the same when doing camo switch. Ever since then I was assuming every command has its delays, and between the same command, the delay is unavoidable, depending on the latency.

Before the buff, it's of course faster than the walk, but after the buff I realized my penta dash isn't working well after all. It's still, however, catch up with the buffed walk speed, but not going any faster. A mistake or little delay, I'll fall behind in the end. If the delay reaches 250+ (I'm so curious that I tried to re-target my VPN to a place farther away), it becomes slower. Mine is as fast as the one from Natsuru dash vids if you wanna get the picture. But the other videos I saw are just way faster. Too bad I forgot the link.

milranduil
Jul 11, 2016, 12:05 PM
Yes. Actually, my first try of LA change is using chat command cause my keyboard hates 'alt + whatev' with other button pressed (I need more effort to make alt to work). I tried that and normal switch buttons, and then I was so desperate and I thought I just combine it (my friend suggested me to try it so, like you now). But it was the same. Also same goes when using alt. I tried the same when doing camo switch. Ever since then I was assuming every command has its delays, and between the same command, the delay is unavoidable, depending on the latency.

Before the buff, it's of course faster than the walk, but after the buff I realized my penta dash isn't working well after all. It's still, however, catch up with the buffed walk speed, but not going any faster. A mistake or little delay, I'll fall behind in the end. If the delay reaches 250+ (I'm so curious that I tried to re-target my VPN to a place farther away), it becomes slower. Mine is as fast as the one from Natsuru dash vids if you wanna get the picture. But the other videos I saw are just way faster. Too bad I forgot the link.

his penta is just as fast as any jp vid i've seen so idk what you're talking about at this point lol.

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 02:17 PM
his penta is just as fast as any jp vid i've seen so idk what you're talking about at this point lol.

Loool maybe it's just me. 0.o