PDA

View Full Version : Have not played in years, how do you english patch it up now?

AtheistPeace
Jul 11, 2016, 12:52 AM
I would assume it has gotten easier without having to manually change script yourself..

I want to get back into it but yeahh it has been so long I am just completely lost..

elryan
Jul 11, 2016, 01:04 AM
http://arks-layer.com/

Let the Tweaker update the game and patch it for you.

Next time use quick questions thread for these stuffs. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!/page3109

RibbonSoft
Jul 11, 2016, 01:16 AM
I would not use the Tweaker if I were you. Not that it doesn't work because it does, but the creator of the Tweaker and their associates are not trustworthy; especially with their programs, patches, and the use of other people's money. I suggest you avoid ARKS Layer at all costs and continue to manually install the English patches. You will have to go without the item translations but items are easily read by using the appropriate resources.

Sirius-91
Jul 11, 2016, 02:07 AM
I would not use the Tweaker if I were you. Not that it doesn't work because it does, but the creator of the Tweaker and their associates are not trustworthy; especially with their programs, patches, and the use of other people's money. I suggest you avoid ARKS Layer at all costs and continue to manually install the English patches. You will have to go without the item translations but items are easily read by using the appropriate resources.
I too wear a tinfoil hat.

The tweaker is open source, and anyone with a brain can see it's impossible to hide anything in there. As for not trusting Arks-Layer organization in whole, do you still trust sony with your money after the hackings? What about buying subway subs with the whole situation with their spokesman? Or how about using comcast despite their anti-consumer policies? AIDA may be the head of Arks-Layer, but that doesn't mean ALL of us were involved. Whatever happened between AIDA and zipzo stayed between AIDA and zipzo.

For what its worth, the Webmoney service has been discontinued, and if you haven't already go use PSO2es for AC purchases. Also, by using the bat method, you don't have to go without the patches, and by using a ddraw.dll file, you could also use the item patch as well.

I hope you avoid downloading the PSO2es tweaker AND downloading the PSO2es apk from bumped, as they use our PSO2es link.

DrCatco
Jul 11, 2016, 03:23 AM

http://i.imgur.com/zAPNP23.jpg

SteveCZ
Jul 11, 2016, 05:46 AM

I take one, 2 from the left please. :-)

Rupikachu
Jul 11, 2016, 06:14 AM
I hope you avoid downloading the PSO2es tweaker AND downloading the PSO2es apk from bumped, as they use our PSO2es link.

Yep the esTweaker has a backdoor that allows arks layer members get info from the android devices its installed into. Did you think we earned all those waifu costumes and camos?

Sirius-91
Jul 11, 2016, 06:15 AM
Yep the esTweaker has a backdoor that allows arks layer members get info from the android devices its installed into. Did you think we earned all those waifu costumes and camos?
With AIDA's 20k of course.

Rupikachu
Jul 11, 2016, 06:19 AM
With AIDA's 20k of course.

Wait I thought we spent that on hookers

Sirius-91
Jul 11, 2016, 06:53 AM
Wait I thought we spent that on hookers
And blackjack and waifu clothes and shitty camos.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 11, 2016, 07:17 AM
I seriously did not know there are people being anti-Tweaker for that whole issue. I mean gee if you're gonna boycott Tweaker for the people behind it, might as well stop using english patch because they're made from the same team who made the Tweaker.

Sirius-91
Jul 11, 2016, 07:27 AM
I seriously did not know there are people being anti-Tweaker for that whole issue. I mean gee if you're gonna boycott Tweaker for the people behind it, might as well stop using english patch because they're made from the same team who made the Tweaker.
Nope. Wrong,

Arks-Layer only handles PSO2es, item patch, titles and story patch. The PSUmods team handles the main english patch, the large files, and jp enemy names/e-trials.
The tweaker simply mirrors the english patch.

NightfallG
Jul 11, 2016, 07:42 AM
fart

wew lad that shitpost

OP, just use the tweaker. It's safe as long as you don't use the damage parser.

RibbonSoft
Jul 11, 2016, 09:16 AM
I too wear a tinfoil hat.

The tweaker is open source, and anyone with a brain can see it's impossible to hide anything in there. As for not trusting Arks-Layer organization in whole, do you still trust sony with your money after the hackings? What about buying subway subs with the whole situation with their spokesman? Or how about using comcast despite their anti-consumer policies? AIDA may be the head of Arks-Layer, but that doesn't mean ALL of us were involved. Whatever happened between AIDA and zipzo stayed between AIDA and zipzo.

For what its worth, the Webmoney service has been discontinued, and if you haven't already go use PSO2es for AC purchases. Also, by using the bat method, you don't have to go without the patches, and by using a ddraw.dll file, you could also use the item patch as well.

The current Tweaker is open source, it wasn't before that whole fiasco with AIDA and CyberKitsune.

And to answer your question, no I do not trust Sony with my money, hence I avoid them like the plague, same with Subway. And people are on another level of stupidity if they trust Comcast. :/

Sirius-91
Jul 11, 2016, 11:09 AM
The current Tweaker is open source, it wasn't before that whole fiasco with AIDA and CyberKitsune.
Nope. It's been open source since march, way before whatever fiasco you're talking about.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/4asknd/pso2_tweaker_is_now_open_source_d/

AtheistPeace
Jul 12, 2016, 01:56 AM
Well does it translate the opening screen with Sega ID and all of that or just the stuff in game?

AtheistPeace
Jul 12, 2016, 02:21 AM
And I downloaded it and got on but every single thing is still in Japanese.

So once I get the tweaker how do I get the english patch part to start up?

UnsentMadman
Jul 12, 2016, 07:52 PM
And I downloaded it and got on but every single thing is still in Japanese.

So once I get the tweaker how do I get the english patch part to start up?

I'll give you a super-brief point form version:

- Open Tweaker
- Click on the Orb button in the top left-hand corner
- Hover over "Install/Update Patches", and then select the English Patch.
- Optionally, you can also choose to install the "English Large Files" patch (recommended) and the "English Story Patch" (if you want some of the story to be translated)

Also worth checking on are the tabs at the bottom of the Orb menu, especially the "Plugins" tab. You'll wanna check to see if the "Item Translation" box is checked there.

Zysets
Jul 12, 2016, 10:42 PM
I've been playing since the game released, and as soon as the tweaker showed up I've been using that. I really think the only beef you can have with AIDA and ARKS-Layer is if you tried to buy AC and never got what you paid for in a timely fashion. I've seen no issues besides that, nor have I experienced issues with the tweaker myself. I mean you have the right to avoid it if you don't trust it, but it's convenient and there's never been problems with the tweaker itself.

AtheistPeace
Jul 13, 2016, 08:19 PM
So when I redownloaded it all again, I cannot even get the damn to load up now...

GN Field activated, Tweaker renamed.. and then just nothing happens. no load, no nothing.

Every time. I have reset. I do not have any virus protection, nothing.

DrCatco
Jul 13, 2016, 09:47 PM
Are you running the Tweaker as administrator? Also, run a File Check (old method).

AtheistPeace
Jul 13, 2016, 10:02 PM
I figured it out the pso_2bin folder was misplaced so I used that at the top and it finally fixed itself. Now I have just decided to start over from scratch because I have forgotten everything >.>