PDA

View Full Version : I'd like some help with the 6-tier dream

JCry
Jul 13, 2016, 02:57 PM
I'd like to keep this short as possible for attention span reasons.

Basically I need to create a build that can withstand t6. I'm willing to spend a good amount If that's what it takes for all the good perks of full graphic/full screen gameplay. Being able to record/stream is like whatever because I know streaming has a lot to do with good internet but loading screens & fps can be conquered by good specs! (at least I think)

2 Things I noticed being t1 vs those with t6
• I Load faster than like 80% of the people I play with being on lower settings
• My frames never really drop below 60

Someone brought to my attention that t1 loads faster because you've got fewer textures to render. Although on rare occasion people who play on t6 would load faster than I did by a few seconds or so. That's probably what I want the most. I want that beautiful game with that t1 loading time. There's literary no going back after you've loaded into Lillipa & Naberius I TA in 4sec.

I Know nothing about PC building but I'm going to spend this time not playing PSO2 to look into it. The most I've ever done was added a graphics card to my pc. Judging from multiple videos putting it together looks like a cake walk, just finding the right pieces confuses me.

Skyly
Jul 13, 2016, 03:11 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

The Crusher, or the Exterminator could kill 6T, @ 1080/60 easily. I'd go with The Exterminator if you really planned on streaming. The streaming market for pso2 isn't the greatest so meh... Save money or stream lol.

TaigaUC
Jul 14, 2016, 01:18 AM
I think a lot of us are using GTX970, it runs PSO2 just fine at 1080p.
If you want to stream, use Open Broadcast Software. Note that depending on your setup, it can eat some of your FPS.

I'm pretty certain T1 doesn't just load faster because it has less stuff to render, the lower quality files are also much smaller (and look like a blurred mess).

JCry
Jul 14, 2016, 02:52 AM
I think a lot of us are using GTX970, it runs PSO2 just fine at 1080p.
If you want to stream, use Open Broadcast Software. Note that depending on your setup, it can eat some of your FPS.

I'm pretty certain T1 doesn't just load faster because it has less stuff to render, the lower quality files are also much smaller (and look like a blurred mess).

Considering how often I hear "GTX970" thrown around I'm almost certain its used for more than just PSO2. I Completely forgot to mention this, my apologizes. But I have no interest "what so ever" in anything outside of PSO2. I'm not a PC gamer and I don't look forward to being one. I Just want a build that is smooth as butter on PSO2 standards. From what I heard it doesn't take much to run PSO2 either.

edit

I'll likely just go with the The Exterminator like Skyly said unless anyone has objections or better ideas. It seems like the best case at this point because it doesn't require me to know much about parts, just knowing how to put them together.

KlTSUNE
Jul 14, 2016, 04:08 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

The Crusher, or the Exterminator could kill 6T, @ 1080/60 easily. I'd go with The Exterminator if you really planned on streaming. The streaming market for pso2 isn't the greatest so meh... Save money or stream lol.

Siqq link

Rupikachu
Jul 14, 2016, 05:41 AM
Put PSO 2 on a SSD.

Edit, i would wait for the radeon 480 or the GTX 1060 if you don't want to spend a lot but you want a card that will last more than a 950/380.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 14, 2016, 06:10 AM
PSO2's graphix aren't really that advanced. I wonder why anybody have troubles running it even on T6

Selphea
Jul 14, 2016, 06:35 AM
It gets a bit intensive if you run AA with Lavendy's bit and turn on some ReShade filters.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 14, 2016, 07:52 AM
Just get a corei5 6600K, 16 gigs of ram and a GTX 1060. With about 1K you can build a pretty amazing PC now days. Thanks to the AMD RX 480 prices on GPU's are actually decent. Even though that's not what I aim for it's still a good area to start of at. I'm currently using my year old gtx 980ti so that should give you an idea of what GPU's I like to buy =P

A GTX 1060 (supposely) has the same performance as a gtx 980. You should be able to stream and max out the game on 1080 no problem.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game doesn't run the same for everyone. On my rig which is a high end rig the game has a ton of stuttering problems (in the lobby specially if it's packed) during quests like Magatsu/PSE burst/Holiday quest etc etc it runs very smooth with zero drops in frames. I do get an occational hitch every now and then whenever an NPC face comes up to tell me that enemies are coming or whatever so it's not a 100% smooth ride like lets say my modded skyrim or the vanishing of ethan carter redux or doom (butter smooth and gorgeous graphics) but overall it's very playable in quests. It's just the lobby that stutter like crazy for me.

However your experience could be much better than mine though so good luck and have fun with your build you'll be able to play all kinds of other games not just this one.

Keilyn
Jul 14, 2016, 09:46 AM

Basically I need to create a build that can withstand t6. I'm willing to spend a good amount If that's what it takes for all the good perks of full graphic/full screen gameplay. Being able to record/stream is like whatever because I know streaming has a lot to do with good internet but loading screens & fps can be conquered by good specs! (at least I think)

Someone brought to my attention that t1 loads faster because you've got fewer textures to render. Although on rare occasion people who play on t6 would load faster than I did by a few seconds or so. That's probably what I want the most. I want that beautiful game with that t1 loading time. There's literary no going back after you've loaded into Lillipa & Naberius I TA in 4sec.

I Know nothing about PC building but I'm going to spend this time not playing PSO2 to look into it. The most I've ever done was added a graphics card to my pc. Judging from multiple videos putting it together looks like a cake walk, just finding the right pieces confuses me.

Before you buy any computer component, you should consider the time you are building this computer. Everyone in this thread who has offered to help you has been ignorant of the following fact:

1) Desktop Computer Gaming is changing and there are announcements all across the industry to massively increase the performance of the next generation of technology by series instead of just pure-step refreshes due to rapid acceleration, potential, and growth of Virtual Reality (VR) technologies and the companies that have taken a ventured interest in them.

Right now, we are in a heavy transitional period as far as technology goes.

As far as Tier 6 graphics are concerned... I am going to give you a comparison of technology...

PSO-2: Midranged Graphics... Basically an Old Processor from this decade along with a Mid-range card (this generation) or a high-end card from the last three generations will give players 60 FPS. However that is the same as spending a lot of money on a System that is already obsolete. Better to go after the Playstation 4 version of the game and enjoy the graphics it has if you are going to go that far...

The reason I draw this comparison is because right now, the most demanding Online RPG as far as Graphics go is a game called Black Desert Online. Running 2 video cards at the same time (980 GTX x 2) in SLI, and maximum settings on a 4K Monitor give me 30 FPS.

The Demo for SBx-VR and GeX-D VR, both VR Games.....I get 30 FPS on Maximum Settings (which is lucky for me) but the requirement for Virtual Reality is actually getting 90 frames per second.

In short I just told you I have a high end SLI system and a Demo for a VR game is giving me as much framerate as the most demanding MMORPG on PC out right now. However VR requires 90 FPS for the latest games and non-VR is 60.

My advice is that if you are building for just PSO-2 for better graphics, try a playstation 4.... ^_^

nguuuquaaa
Jul 14, 2016, 10:20 AM
Instead of paying 2000$ for something which require several years of development from this point onward, you could always pay 1000$ for a regular rig and wait a few years to buy the used-to-cost-2000$-now-cost-1000$ PC.

Does cost/effective rings any bell to you? It's like forcing everybody to buy a 1000TB+ HDD just because in a few years operating system would occupied 100TB and such.

Flaoc
Jul 14, 2016, 10:33 AM

well did a test with my own pc which runs tier 6 rather smoothly and well

nab 1 tier 1 lowest - 3 seconds
nab 1 tier 6 max - 3. 3.5 or 4 seconds (internet instability factored this in but tier 6 is slightly slower but not a big deal)

cpu is fx 8320
gpu r9 380

so a strong enough pc will barely feel the difference between lowest and highest

but with that said best cards to go for right now that arent lol check out mah 4k breh would either be the gtx 950 or apparently the gtx 1060 if thats out now?

Keilyn
Jul 14, 2016, 10:52 AM
...I already know many who are getting ready to spend $2000 - $3000 (including myself) for when VR explodes into the mainstream on just the system alone. PSO-2 will survive on a mid-range card and shit processor like I said before.

Shoterxx
Jul 14, 2016, 10:54 AM
Dropping the knowledge bomb:
- A GTX 580 can run tier 6 @ 1080p @ 60 fps, and if my guess is correct, a GTX 950m will as well;
- Any 10th gen card available right now will demolish tier 6 (if I lock my framerate to 60, the 1070 simply idles, which actually causes some issues);
- A 1060 is expected to be around a GTX 970 or a RX 480 in terms of performance (and price), beating 980 in VR;
- Even with an SSD (with PSO2 in it), an 2500K overclocked, a 1070 and 12GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, the game may still underperform randomly, without any of those elements bottlenecking anything.

SteveCZ
Jul 14, 2016, 11:27 AM
Doing more than just fine in t6 with fx 8320 + r9 270 1080p

Like squall said though, you're in lucky year in making game build. Get an i5 and NVIDIA 1060 GTX or AMD RX 480 and you're done. 8 GB RAM (PSO2 is 32 bit so 4 GB is fine for that), 1TB HDD and 500W branded PSU. Yada yada.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 14, 2016, 05:59 PM
Yup pretty much. Also you don't really need PSO2 on a SSD it actually really does not help load times at all. I own two crucial MX200 ssd's a 256 for OS and a 512 for steam games (Skyrim. It makes a big difference for these kinda games specially when using 2-4K textures) and I own a 1TB wd black 7200 rpm HDD which is a very fast and solid HDD. I've installed pso2 on my steam drive (the ssd) and did some loading test and it's the same as when pso2 is installed on my wd black 1tb hdd.

Loading fast seems to be tied with how fast your cpu and gpu can render the game. Unlocking the frame rate helps too. If I play with Vsync off I get like 250fps+ and my loading is very fast. I'm always the first to load during TA's for like 99% of the time.

That said I prefer to play with Vsync on at a locked 60fps. The screen tearing with vsync off its terrible.

Right now is a pretty cool time to build a rig everything is cheap for the most part. I constaly see SSD's going for like 100 bucks for 500gb models.

That said i'm currently waiting for my ps4 version of the game from playasia. I wanna see how that version performs vs the PC one.

Tunga
Jul 14, 2016, 06:10 PM
Just get a corei5 6600K, 16 gigs of ram and a GTX 1060

>$1000
>gtx 1060

cpu is fx 8320
gpu r9 380

I thought you had a gtx 960 and a I5.

Flaoc
Jul 14, 2016, 09:13 PM
Eh that was the original plan but ended up with what I currently have shrug

elryan
Jul 15, 2016, 07:38 AM
Don't build PC for another month.

NVIDIA 1060 and AMD 480 are just / going to be released soon and they are pretty good, without breaking your wallet.

NightfallG
Jul 16, 2016, 12:00 AM
Wait for the 1060 to come out. Hopefully Nvidia's manufacturing issues with TSMC will be ironed out by then.

Personally, if you want budget I'd say the 1060, but for a more midrange rig go with EVGA's 1070 offerings.

aiMute
Jul 18, 2016, 09:37 AM
Ctrl+F
logical
No results

Are you even trying people?
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

OP, what will help you with loading times is game on SSD. Everything else is secondary.

gabor100
Jul 18, 2016, 09:54 AM
PSO2's graphix aren't really that advanced. I wonder why anybody have troubles running it even on T6

That's why people say get a GTX970/1060 or AMD 480?

If it wouldn't be that advanced people would say get a cheap GTX950 or R7 360/370 but no you need the latest GPU/CPU to run a 4 year old game, what is this? FFXIV 1.0?

Sirius-91
Jul 18, 2016, 11:25 AM
That's why people say get a GTX970/1060 or AMD 480?

If it wouldn't be that advanced people would say get a cheap GTX950 or R7 360/370 but no you need the latest GPU/CPU to run a 4 year old game, what is this? FFXIV 1.0?
If you're going to build a PC, might as well splurge and get something nice that will last a long while.

Of course, you could spend $500 and build a pc that this game could run EZ-PZ.

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 03:41 PM
Moving this here:

Good Intel CPU at 4 GHz (even an i5 2500k will suffice here) with two GTX 1070s in SLI will probably do the job. I will note that 4k + 8xAA is completely over-the-top ridiculous and you could probably get away with just going with 4k + some post-AA like FXAA or SMAA.

The game itself is not particularly demanding even post-T6.

Also, the bandwidth requirement to stream 4k resolution footage is completely impossible to get outside of Google Fiber or Verizon FIOS, at least here in the States.

I hear streaming is more CPU intensive though, since the CPU needs to encode? Apparently it needs i7 at the bare minimum? But an i7 would really bump the budget up and I'd rather take my chances and wait for Zen before buying the better one in that case.

And good point about the bandwidth, I have fiber but Twitch caps at 1080p/3.5k anyway. Probably 1080p then which means 8xAA still :p

milranduil
Jul 18, 2016, 06:41 PM
Ctrl+F
logical
No results

Are you even trying people?
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

OP, what will help you with loading times is game on SSD. Everything else is secondary.

no. with even an i3, going from HDD to SSD did almost nothing for my load times. SSD only makes something of a difference (in-game wise) if you are on a CPU like core2duo or something ancient. Load times are much more about CPU. Obviously SSD is great for OS load and such, but in terms of in-game, it doesn't do all that much if anything.

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 06:44 PM
SSD seems to help with not so much the load time but the stutter you get after loading into the Arks ship from the campship, although it's like 1 second or so.

Tunga
Jul 18, 2016, 06:57 PM
Probably 1080p then which means 8xAA still :p

What are you running that you need 8xAA for 4K?

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 07:19 PM
Not 4k, 1080p

SteveCZ
Jul 18, 2016, 07:30 PM
>$1000
>gtx 1060

?????

Tunga
Jul 18, 2016, 08:35 PM
?????

For $1K you can get a GTX 1070 and a skylake I5.

SteveCZ
Jul 19, 2016, 02:43 AM
For $1K you can get a GTX 1070 and a skylake I5.

Oh yes, he could. What a happy year.

TyroneSama
Jul 19, 2016, 02:51 AM
PSO2 streamer here (http://twitch.tv/tyronesama). PSO2 doesn't really incur a lot of load on either side, so any current or last-generation GPU will be fine paired with an i5 (provided you're playing in 1080p60 and encoding at 720p60). SSDs are really nice for general operation, but not really a dealbreaker bump in performance for either streaming or PSO2 in particular -- grab one if you can, otherwise plan for it later.

I use an i7 6700 to give myself as much headroom as possible, but I've streamed similarly demanding games on laptop i5s with minimal problems before, and my 660Ti runs the game at 60fps with the exception of premade Magatsu -- heavily clustered particle effects and effect lighting, and really weird AO on the grass in phase 2.

Now is a great time to pick up a used 970 or 980 as everyone jumps on the 1000 series train, though.

Selphea
Jul 19, 2016, 06:31 PM
B-but I want to encode at 1080p60! :p That's the max res for Twitch right?

TyroneSama
Jul 19, 2016, 06:51 PM
B-but I want to encode at 1080p60! :p That's the max res for Twitch right?
Yes, but the max bitrate is 3500kbps, so good luck getting anything looking good at 1080p, especially a game as high-motion as PSO2 (basically a video compression nightmare). 720p60 is the absolute farthest I'd push anything that isn't Hearthstone.

Skyly
Jul 19, 2016, 08:02 PM
Commenting on the current topic.. if I play at 1080p60 and wanted to stream at 720p60, would I have to scale down my in game resolution, or does twitch automatically do that according to my bitrate.

Selphea
Jul 19, 2016, 08:04 PM
The software you use takes your raw 1080p footage and downsamples it to 720p before sending to Twitch

Yes, but the max bitrate is 3500kbps, so good luck getting anything looking good at 1080p, especially a game as high-motion as PSO2 (basically a video compression nightmare). 720p60 is the absolute farthest I'd push anything that isn't Hearthstone.

Is that with H264 or NVENC?

TyroneSama
Jul 19, 2016, 09:55 PM
Commenting on the current topic.. if I play at 1080p60 and wanted to stream at 720p60, would I have to scale down my in game resolution, or does twitch automatically do that according to my bitrate.
You can scale things more or less however you want, provided your streaming software supports it (OBS and XSplit both do).

Is that with H264 or NVENC?
Even with x264 at faster/medium, PSO2 looks like absolute garbage at 1080p60@3500kbps. There's just not enough data. NVENC is even worse -- it's good for local recording, but a disaster for Internet video.