PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 Questions

Crayzus
Jul 15, 2016, 12:41 AM
I started playing this recently and I have reached level 72 on my hunter with fighter subclass at 39.

The problem I'm having right now is leveling. How do I level faster? These last few levels to 75 seem to be taking forever.
I can only manage to get 25% of the bar filled a day.

Also what should I focus on once I get to level 75 with my first class? Is there a strong hunter weapon I should get or are there certain quests I should be doing?

red1228
Jul 15, 2016, 01:11 AM
Quick Questions Thread, right hurrr: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!

As for leveling: Stack Boosters (for example: EXP Booster+75% with TriBooster+100%) while doing notable Emergency Quests. The Lilipan Tower Defenses are how I went from 73 - 75 in about an hour, to finish off Summoner Class.
No one can truly suggest a weapon for you. It all depends on your play style / preferences & what you're fighting. In regards to Hunter weapons, I typically would use Wires for mobbing, Sword for bossing & Spear for whatever I feel like.

MightyHarken
Jul 15, 2016, 01:12 AM
Just do Eq's do your DO'S and featured quests, they sometimes give keys for bonus quests, and always use 125% exp boost.

Pyrei
Jul 15, 2016, 03:42 AM
for most leveling purposes, use a 75% exp booster, depending on the EQ, use tri50 or tri100 on top of that, and in the best EQs use some gold badges to make 4th anniversary donuts from xie, these give a tri50 effect, you can also join a large team for a tree boost, but that might add more problems for a new player that aren't worth the 10% tree buff, also do the blue daily orders and featured quests every day, featured quests like harken said can give keys to bonus quests that give lots of EXP.

As for weapons, you can start with ray series weapons or yamato, both work pretty well, aura series can cover your WL needs if you want something to farm outside EQs. don't really recommend revo series, might seem really grindy after a while, as its all stuff outside of EQs.

Caetho
Jul 15, 2016, 04:10 AM
VHAQ Urban Exit Burst to level 75 :wacko:

Pyrei
Jul 15, 2016, 04:12 AM
^ ok that works too but you need 2 or 3 more people to make that worthwhile, not very good exp solo

Hrith
Jul 15, 2016, 06:31 AM
Very hard advanced is very good experience if you're soloing, just not exit bursts. If you're going to run missions, though, seabed is the best experience, not city.

For emergency missions such as Mining Base Defence 3/4 or Perennial Apocalypse, a 75/40 player is really unwanted, and playing them on lower difficulties when you can do them in Extra Hard is discouraging.
However, Unleashed Prestige, Invitation to Darkness, Cradle of Darkness and Oceanid Menace give excellent experience in any difficulty, so if those pop up, play them as your Lv40.

doomdragon83
Jul 15, 2016, 06:47 AM
Bonus quests without a doubt are the fastest way to level up, however, they require keys which you randomly get for doing featured quests. Tokyo gold at your level will give you close to 2 levels with all the exp boosts you can get. Tokyo silver can get you close to 1, still worthwhile imo. Magatsu silver is a big waste of time, not sure about magatsu gold but Tokyo has Tagami who's the main source of the exp and either magatsu lacks Tagami.

Pyrei
Jul 15, 2016, 08:06 AM
assuming highest EXP boosters available (reward week ~100%+, exp 75 or 100%, tri 100% or tri150% (if you got that), daily CO boost at 30%, xie donut 50%, team tree boost 10%, and a Another History - Exp boost III weapon in hand 20%)

maggy key sliver = 1/2 of a level
maggy key gold = 1 1/2 of a level
Tokyo key silver = 1 level
Tokyo key gold = 3 levels or so (Tokyo gold always gave 3 with high exp boosters for me)

also think there's a certain lv range that its not good to use keys on due to tagami not giving 999999+ exp on even with super boosters but that never happened to me so really cant say much on it other than its between VH and SH levels.

for non boost weeks and times when super boosters are unavailable id say tri 100% and exp 75% would make those values be 40%? of what they are with tons of boost so...

maggy silver = 1/4 of a level or less
maggy gold = 2/3's of a level or less
Tokyo silver = 1/2 of a level or less
Tokyo gold = 2 levels or less

all of these number's are guesses though tbh, I don't run keys often enough to really say for sure, Tokyo gold key is elusive as hell...