PDA

View Full Version : Poorest any of you have ever been?

Zephiron
Jul 15, 2016, 12:23 PM
This is not a complaint. Rather, this is more of a silly occurrence of events.

After about a month of playing, I'm nearly 73 (Yes, I've been slow. Work, friends IRL, and other games), and I've always wondered why I seemed to be fairly weak compared to most of my peers I play with. So, after a little bit of research, I found the wonderful world of affixing and crafting. And the costs that would soon come with it. I like the fashion in the game, but I'm not going as far as buying to expensive without making my equips decent first (most of my fashion averages around 200k-600k, and I only have 4).

So, I've been searching up red weapons since so many people were talking about them, and see how powerful I could make them. Challenge quests were easy overall to get the Photon boosters. The challenge?

The true EQ that even XH Profound darkness would quiver its mouth at... Dudu and Monica! So, first Red weapon ended up costing me around 200k to +10 the first time (I'm low on resources. No excuse, but I got impatient). Second time, it was only 70k or so, so I was happy it worked out so smoothly. There was also making the element 50, but that wasn't too expensive.

I just gathered all of the Iron, steel, silva and other materials. As soon as I got to Extend level 9, I had on me 500k or so. But then the affixing happened.

Somehow, even at 80-100%, RNG slapped me in the face and I only got a Soul + Power III when I had two other abilities on it WITH a 30% Ability boost. Got the last of my money in the bank to make the weapon turn out with around 105 S-ATK. But then I realized I have no more money. That 446k used for 5 pieces to get 4 abilities for a red weapon? Yep, I was down to 1k Meseta.

Thankfully, I had some dailies to do, but the urge to make more happened. In a span of a week, I have made about 5 red weapons, barely ever surfacing over 50k over that time span (Klotho, save me).

Welcome to poor man's PSO2! But hey, I at least I can say I get in the top 3 in damage charts in Mining base defenses with a red katana on SH. :) (Boost my ego, game. Dudu and Monica bruised it enough).

TL: DR; What has the poorest you have ever been on this game?

Tunga
Jul 15, 2016, 12:26 PM
Poorest I've ever been? When i started playing for the first time.

Zephiron
Jul 15, 2016, 12:29 PM
Poorest I've ever been? When i started playing for the first time.

Nah, fam. You start at 0 Meseta when you start. Try hitting the negatives. That's when you know you are poor.

ashley50
Jul 15, 2016, 12:32 PM
I'm wondering. Who's Moncia?

Zephiron
Jul 15, 2016, 12:36 PM
I'm wondering. Who's Moncia?

Good question. Here's a whole thread of the theories of who she is.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?211137-Conspiracy-Theory-Who-is-Monica/page2

(She is Falz Hunar in a parallel universe.)

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2016, 12:42 PM
Monica is the alternate staff member for the item lab counter. She's the bumbling, apologetic "moe" type that tries to cheer for you but still fails because she's utterly incompetent.

As for my poorest... I have some idea how to evaluate that. Now, it would have to be relative to the richest players, as "poorness" is directly correlated with wealth inequality, so the beginning of the game is right out as everybody was equally "poor" back then. So maybe it would have to be when I was just getting back into the game after the release of the tier 6 graphics - I hadn't played the game seriously in actual years, so the divide in wealth between myself and the richest players was never any greater than it was back then. After getting a bunch of classes to level 75 and geared up with 60-element 13*s, however, that gap has considerably shortened (though it's still there, obviously, as I still don't have my stuff affixed with 100+ attack and such).

Note, however, that even at that point I still had some 30 million meseta saved up along with a pile of lambda grinders, AQ capsules, and nearly 200 XQ passes, so it's not like I was really poor. Just, relatively speaking, not all that well-off, either.

Ziel
Jul 15, 2016, 12:43 PM
I see you mention dailies (and ONLY dailies) so ill just ask to be sure: do you know about clotho and his weekly COs? Which give a decent income.

to answer your question: i usually save up and burst it all on either phasion™ or trying new medium budget affix combos so im pretty much stuck in 100k-1m everytime.

Zephiron
Jul 15, 2016, 12:46 PM
I see you mention dailies (and ONLY dailies) so ill just ask to be sure: do you know about clotho and his weekly COs? Which give a decent income.

to answer your question: i usually save up and burst it all on either phasion™ or trying new medium budget affix combos so im pretty much stuck in 100k-1m everytime.

"Klotho, save me"

I know about the time attacks. I said that statement as an implication for those quests (They reset tomorrow for me. Back to making more weapons).

TehCubey
Jul 15, 2016, 01:12 PM
I've been poor as shit when I was a dumb newbie. That was before the Braver class was introduced by the way. This was when Fury Stance still offered a static +satk instead of a percentage increase. The dailies were crap back then, while Klotho's COs were daily and not weekly... but I couldn't clear them. Definitely not on VH. A combination of not knowing the time attacks well and extremely poor gear + skilltree, with no one present to offer me any kind of constructive support.

In hindsight, not a fun time.

milranduil
Jul 15, 2016, 01:21 PM
poorest i ever was (besides day1) was after i made 3s elder/tech3/spirita boost banther units back in the fuckin DAY (episode1). prob had like 50k left.

recently? i went below 100mil when i made aus dagger last month :wacko:

Poyonche
Jul 15, 2016, 04:53 PM
Recently, i knew I hit the bottom of the wallet because I had not enough money to take a Shifta Drink EX. :wacko:

nguuuquaaa
Jul 15, 2016, 05:24 PM
There was this one time I was so obsessed with NT grind that my total money dropped below 10k :wacko:

SteveCZ
Jul 15, 2016, 06:06 PM
Had 73 meseta and I gave that to my friend so I can have once in a lifetime poorest moment in my pso2 life (except day 1).

Endler
Jul 15, 2016, 07:04 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/17h0zr.jpg

NightfallG
Jul 15, 2016, 11:48 PM
Back in the Bad Old Days I didn't break a mil. Then Klotho hit and the money flowed freely. Then they nerfed Klotho and shit was okay for a bit.

Now they nerfed Klotho again. Things are still okay, at least quicker, but I'm space poor again due to misreading the fashion market. :v

Pyrei
Jul 16, 2016, 12:50 AM
Recently, i knew I hit the bottom of the wallet because I had not enough money to take a Shifta Drink EX. :wacko:

^ this happens often to me, and also...

Dammy
Jul 16, 2016, 12:52 AM

this .

Pyrei
Jul 16, 2016, 12:52 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/17h0zr.jpg

^that's me in a nutshell, current meseta 8.7m, in reality its -51.3m... loan from a friend :D...

Skye-Fox713
Jul 16, 2016, 01:25 AM
I've never had over.................4 mill meseta. I usually hang around a couple 100k meseta but I've been poor enough where I couldn't afford a Shifta drink.

wefwq
Jul 16, 2016, 06:37 AM
Kinda miss the day when being way too incompetent to run TA and end up running free field cave MPA 3 days straight just to buy miko costume.
Trully the day of being a complete plebeian.

There also a day where i waste almost 40 mil to +40 bio weapon, i hate Dudu so much.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2016, 06:44 AM
I'm constantly below 1M.

Skyly
Jul 16, 2016, 02:42 PM
Just recently I gave away all of my meseta (220m). Since then I've been rubbing pennies together. I'm at 100m right now but it was hard still trying to buy nobles and affix gear when you would have to save up just to get it. In retrospect it kinda brought life back into the game for me.

Zysets
Jul 16, 2016, 04:04 PM
Money is easy to come by (even if farming it is frustrating at times), but there's also something I spend millions on, whether it be affixes, grinding weps, costumes, or just buying mass amounts of Advance Quest capsules instead of taking the time to get them how you're supposed to.

So that being said, I'm either under one mil, or have several mil at any one time, rarely ever in between.

Rainoffire
Jul 16, 2016, 04:40 PM
Other than my early days in PSO2, my poorest time was when I 6 slotted my saiki set, and 10303 6 slotted my austere at one time.
Also gave a couple million to help a friend with his affixing.
Could not resupply monomates and stuff, felt really powerless without money. Thankfully there are dailies for quick cash fix.

Went back to selling fodders to regain money.

NoobSpectre
Jul 16, 2016, 06:38 PM
Before saying poor, define rich.

Or else, I am always poor.

Kokurokoki
Jul 17, 2016, 02:08 AM
Went from like 20 million to 5000