PDA

View Full Version : AC Scratch 7/20: Shiny Summer Days

Xaeris
Jul 20, 2016, 12:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pYgpjff.png

AC Scratch (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20160720/)
FUN Scratch (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/)

MFW: [spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/K851Yxi.png[/spoiler-box]

sparab
Jul 20, 2016, 12:06 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/school-days/images/4/44/Shiny_days_poster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141112180425[/SPOILER-BOX]

Summer is here! Wear your swim suits to this year's beach warz and get costume bonus!

* Swim suits will be add in the next scartch

SteveCZ
Jul 20, 2016, 12:22 AM
MY MESETA IS READY

Xaeris
Jul 20, 2016, 12:26 AM
Making Element+10 a frequency bonus is kind of playing dirty, but I'll allow it since it'll get more product on the market. And damn, do I have a lot to buy.

oratank
Jul 20, 2016, 01:23 AM
Making Element+10 a frequency bonus is kind of playing dirty, but I'll allow it since it'll get more product on the market. And damn, do I have a lot to buy.

great news for austere user isn't it

Misaki Ki
Jul 20, 2016, 01:29 AM
Aren't the +10% Element boosters untradable anyway?

oratank
Jul 20, 2016, 01:31 AM
that's suck:-(

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2016, 01:33 AM
Pretty decent. Was hoping they'd add more recolors of earlier basewear, though.

wefwq
Jul 20, 2016, 02:15 AM
I'm liking all hairstyle in this scratch, but my saving said otherwise...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 20, 2016, 05:24 AM
Glad everything I wanted was reasonably priced.

The outerwear was kind of a miss, and I wouldave liked if the basewear's sleeves and skirt weren't perma blue, but I guess that's because they HAD to make matching bodypaint with it somehow. Either that, or it wouldave been thighboots some people wouldn't want I guess...

Shinmarizu
Jul 20, 2016, 05:32 AM
They all look nice enough, but the mix n' match opportunities are few atm. Still figuring out which colours I'd want to use...

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2016, 09:11 AM
The straps on the legs of the Micro mini pants looks bad on my dark-skinned characters, as I feared.
Can't find a good outerwear to go with the Novy Kats or whatever it's supposed to be called.

Semi long Wave doubled in price. Sucks.

Flaoc
Jul 20, 2016, 09:38 AM
The straps on the legs of the Micro mini pants looks bad on my dark-skinned characters, as I feared.
Can't find a good outerwear to go with the Novy Kats or whatever it's supposed to be called.

Semi long Wave doubled in price. Sucks.

26m right now jeez why is it that expensive anyway

NephyrisX
Jul 20, 2016, 10:13 AM
Bah, Tropical Hair 2 is where it's at!

pkemr4
Jul 20, 2016, 11:15 AM
please for the love of god, add the fucking 10% attribute boosters to the god damn AC shop.

Sandmind
Jul 20, 2016, 10:09 PM
Speaking of Semi Long Wave, 1-2 day ago, I was actually surfing a few reference website for trying to find a type of hairstyle. Ind the end, nothing came close, until I saw Semi Long Wave being decently close to what I had in mind.

Long story short: Sega just released a brand new type of hairstyle for pso2. Not a god damn twintails or something else we had plenty off before. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Jul 21, 2016, 02:56 AM
I missed a ton of semi long waves at around 12m, then when people got home in Japan, the price skyrocketed.
Demand > supply. Scratch isn't coughing out enough of them.

Normally I wouldn't be interested in a hairstyle like that, but it looks kinda nice on one of my characters, so I thought I'd get it.
It kinda looks better from the back than the front.

I don't think we have that many good twintails. They tend to suffer from weird issues like ugly ribbons or ugly fringe, or something.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 03:06 AM
please for the love of god, add the fucking 10% attribute boosters to the god damn AC shop.
They should cost excubes.

cheapgunner
Jul 21, 2016, 04:56 AM

I agree as well.

They should cost excubes.

Not sure why 5%s ca't as well. One of the most sought after items and RNG bullshit blocks you in the AC department....

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 06:10 AM
Episode1 10 star grinding for 0.0001% drop rates would've been good with easy accessible 10% attribute grinders.

TaigaUC
Jul 21, 2016, 02:19 PM
Just another reason why there are so many people with like 20 element weapons.

sparab
Jul 21, 2016, 07:06 PM
With collection files you have no excuse for not 60 element every NT *13.

And people that run around with 20 element will still run 20 element even if 5% costs 1m each.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 07:22 PM

And people that run around with 20 element will still run 20 element even if 5% costs 1m each.

They really wouldn't.
Expecting people to do PD 15 times per 13 star is pretty obscene, honestly.

edit: it's 25 times for +35

milranduil
Jul 21, 2016, 07:47 PM
They really wouldn't.
Expecting people to do PD 15 times per 13 star is pretty obscene, honestly.

there were 10+ pds occurring per week for the last month. 15 EQ's when it's that frequent is nothing. spoiled.

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2016, 07:58 PM
Where are you guys getting 15? 4 runs x 3 files = +32 and 60% = 12 PDs.

DatFox
Jul 21, 2016, 07:59 PM
Depends on the time. I work overnight and PD seems to be early morning (at work) and late night (at work) for me, so it took a lot longer in my case.

Superia
Jul 21, 2016, 08:33 PM
Where are you guys getting 15? 4 runs x 3 files = +32 and 60% = 12 PDs.

What boosts do you need to do it in 4?

Keilyn
Jul 21, 2016, 08:37 PM
The same is true for me.
Its not that I can't run it, but the scheduling itself.
I spend around 40 - 60 hours a week doing classwork, research, and taking courses.
Add to that around 10 hours commute time each week....and It literally goes 50 - 70 hours...
I just can't make the hours that the EQs ask to run PD itself.... which is one of my favorite bosses in the game...

At least when I play Black Desert Online, the difference between a standard weapon and a top weapon is simply grinding the weapon up to +15 - +20. This allows me to play the game for as long or as little as I want and hopefully with enough Black Stones and Fail-Stacks I can grind weapons and armor up to +15 at least, and play the game while doing it instead of waiting for a single event that can give me a chance to work off a collection file.

It means I can play a game to MY TERMS
instead of playing a game to THEIR TERMS.

Don't get me wrong, I like this scratch and love the screenshots that have come from it as well...
But outside of enjoying the scratches, I don't really have much to say...
..considering I think this scratch is one of the better ones. :)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 08:40 PM
What boosts do you need to do it in 4?

250 rdr
100 tri
10 team
50 donut
20 temptation/LR3 umbla stick
30 DO
15 LR unit x 3
?? arks fleet rdr x 3
10? rdr from random drink

That gets me over 34% a kill.

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2016, 08:45 PM
I've worked out pretty much the bare minimum (33.40% per kill):

250% RDR
100% Tri-Boost
30% Daily Orders
3x Arks Fleet Rare Drop Timed Ability (on your regular units)
4th Anniversary Donut
Rare Drop Team Drink
Shifta Drink Premium
Umbla Stick w/ Lucky Rise II (2)

EvilMag
Jul 21, 2016, 08:50 PM
not everyone has the luxury to be able to play every single PD for the week

Plus fuck destroying sleep schedules. Took forever to get it back to where it was after I grinded for austere.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 08:52 PM
I've worked out pretty much the bare minimum (33.40% per kill):

Casual!

I put the timed abilities on LR units and switch to em when persona eats it. Fight's practically over by then anyway.

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2016, 08:58 PM
What can I say? I need that bag space for clothes.

sparab
Jul 21, 2016, 09:12 PM
I put the timed abilities on LR units and switch to em when persona eats it. Fight's practically over by then anyway.

Used to do that but I kept forgetting to switch units. Now I just use luckyraise from the start.

Flaoc
Jul 21, 2016, 09:18 PM
Used to do that but I kept forgetting to switch units. Now I just use luckyraise from the start.

Lucky rise the whole time during pd???????? Stop leeching

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 09:19 PM
I need that bag space for clothes.

Phashion you say?!

Carry on!

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 09:21 PM
there were 10+ pds occurring per week for the last month. 15 EQ's when it's that frequent is nothing. spoiled.
The game telling you when you can progress your character and not liking that does not make you spoiled.

sparab
Jul 21, 2016, 09:25 PM
The game telling you when you can progress your character and not liking that does not make you spoiled.

Austre takes 100+ PD plus tons of other craps. Can't believe people are complaining ray weapons are too much work.

Maybe it is time to throw full grinded *13 to login bonus.

milranduil
Jul 21, 2016, 09:26 PM
Austre takes 100+ PD plus tons of other craps. Can't believe people are complaining ray weapons are too much work.

Maybe it is time to throw full grinded *13 to login bonus.

fucking this

@shiyo go hunt a fucking 60% ares weapon in UQ. tell me how trivial that is please.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 09:30 PM
fucking this

@shiyo go hunt a fucking 60% ares weapon in UQ. tell me how trivial that is please.
Can I do it at my own leisure? No time gates? No schedule only EQ's? No 0.0001% drop rates? Guaranteed to get what I want if I put in enough time?

Then it's good.

SteveCZ
Jul 21, 2016, 09:34 PM
Can I do it at my own leisure? No time gates? No schedule only EQ's? No 0.0001% drop rates? Guaranteed to get what I want if I put in enough time?

Then it's good.

Yes.

Anyway, wrong thread folks.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 09:51 PM
60 ele austere took me over 3 months.

+35 ray took me less than 4 weeks :p.

SteveCZ
Jul 21, 2016, 11:22 PM
LA 242 price. omg. *_*

I wish they put it as other normal sit command... in fun scratch. *spoiled brat* :-)

red1228
Jul 22, 2016, 12:19 AM
LA 242 price. omg. *_*

I wish they put it as other normal sit command... in fun scratch. *spoiled brat* :-)

I don't even bother with new lobby commands from AC scratch anymore. People just put them at dumbfuck prices from the start & they never drop to even remotely reasonably prices.

Shiyo
Jul 22, 2016, 12:54 AM
30m for a lobby action, what the hell.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2016, 10:35 AM
Inflation sucks.

Collect File may be way easier than Austere.
But I think both are still a considerable waste of time depending on what you want to do, what you enjoy, what you already have, and how often you play.
Some people want the best gear so they can experiment with unusual strats and so on.
Some people enjoy maxing out or aiming for stuff and grinding it out.
If you already have good 13 stars maxed out, there isn't really a need for Austere.
If you're not playing much, Austere will become obsolete a lot sooner.

I fall into the latter two categories.
That, and I can't be bothered clearing XQ to get those stones.

Let's also not forget that a big reason why they tie weapons like Austere to EQs, XQs, UQ, etc is because they want people to do that content.
Austere isn't there so much for the purpose of having a best of the best weapon, but also to create incentive for people to redo that content.
But if people are really sick of the content, no amount of incentives will get people to do it.

While true to some degree, I still have weapons like Gryphon's crap and Seraphy Daggers that I can't get the element up, because they won't drop.
I already invested a ton of meseta into those weapons, and if I get them to 60 element they're better than most others. Plus I can't sell 13 stars.
It'd probably cost a lot less to max a new 13 star weapon than to buy the AC +element items. But I already have a bunch of unused 13 stars in my inventory.
So, considering the above, I don't want to go out of my way to make a new 13 star weapon unless I really need to.
SEGA basically created these kinds of situations with their design: inability to reach 60 element unless you get the AC items, inability to trade/sell 13 stars, etc.

I'm sure there'd be a lot less people with 20 element if it was super easy and more straightforward to increase element.
For how much of a difference it makes, it needs to be more easily accessible in general.

Reasons I can imagine why people don't bother getting higher element:
- They have no idea how much difference 60 element makes.
- The drops they need, do not ever drop.
- They don't enjoy doing the same Collect File over and over, or don't realize they need to.
- They don't have the money to spend on +5% or +10% element items.
- They don't have the cubes or synthesizers to make an assload of pancakes.
- They just don't care.

I suppose you could argue that most of those reasons are due to laziness.
But I can't really blame people on not wanting to waste time earning stuff if they're not having fun, or don't see enough of a reason to bother.

I also can't imagine people shelling out 1m for +5% when they don't think it makes much of a difference.
That's a big part of the problem.

On a related note, the other day, I saw some EN users arguing about each other's gear.
Some guy forgot to put any of his gear on, and was asking people to invite him to a group.
Someone said, "nobody's going to invite you with those units" (ie. none equipped).
And the guy said something like, "because people like you have all the money in the world for affixes". Not the exact words.
But affixing is pretty damn cheap nowadays. Way cheaper than buying most outfit stuff.
Interestingly, the person complaining only had the Hiei set, but said they were working on getting Saiki.

I guess if it was random JP people, they would probably open a party up and then kick anyone whose gear looked insufficient.
As opposed to calling for people and arguing in public.
Assuming they cared enough about gear, anyway.

Edit: Fixed weird typo.

isCasted
Jul 22, 2016, 10:52 AM
Lack of knowledge is really the biggest reason for non-max elements, IMO. The game never explains that it's actually huge amount of additional ATK, and it's not intuitive in the slightest (because one would assume elemental value actually has something to do with, you know, elemental powers!).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 22, 2016, 11:18 AM
Lack of knowledge is really the biggest reason for non-max elements, IMO. The game never explains that it's actually huge amount of additional ATK, and it's not intuitive in the slightest (because one would assume elemental value actually has something to do with, you know, elemental powers!).

Which is why I find the timing of those instructional videos on the lobby monitors humorous for how necessary it is.

SEGA knows it's a problem.

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 11:36 AM
The humorous thing I find about those videos is the fact that SEGA made those videos for their own population as they claim that they do not support foreigners. That being said, I like their existence because it destroys the stereotype that Japanese people are smart simply because they are Japanese. Its either that or people finally admitting that PSO-2 is the problem itself. Either way, it has nothing to do with foreigners unless of course its the usual trend that happens against Japanese in practically all of their online games...

Foreigners...especially Koreans kicking their ass in their own servers....

SteveCZ
Jul 22, 2016, 12:40 PM
Bought the LA 242. Freaking worth it. Gonna pay it back with 2 - 3 weeks TAXQCO, sigh. Lols.

Reasons I can imagine why people don't have 20 element:
- They have no idea how much difference 60 element makes.
- The drops they need, do not ever drop.
- They don't enjoy doing the same Collect File over and over, or don't realize they need to.
- They don't have the money to spend on +5% or +10% element items.
- They don't have the cubes or synthesizers to make an assload of pancakes.
- They just don't care.

Is this a typo? you mean "why people have 20 element"?

Anyway I'd just agree on these.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah, a typo. Bizarro mistake.

That hairstyle is going up to 40m now. Figures.