PDA

View Full Version : Beach Wars 2016!

ルニス
Jul 21, 2016, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but, does anyone know what the song is that plays in Beach Wars? I know one of the songs is the Out Bay song but I have no clue what the other one (or two I think) is/are.

Any help is appreciated. Future thanks!

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2016, 12:30 AM
Passing Breeze from Outrun.

ルニス
Jul 21, 2016, 12:43 AM
Thanks Xaeris!

Rakurai
Jul 21, 2016, 06:30 AM
As far as the quest itself goes, I appreciate that the normal enemies only seem to drop 10*+ items.

It's not that great otherwise, though.

Raujinn
Jul 21, 2016, 06:39 AM
It's too toned down compared to the old Beach Wars. The Tokyo-style spawning system is blah and I miss the ability to end up with like a chrome dragon and 2 different miniboss E-trials going on at once. :(

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 07:02 AM
It's too toned down compared to the old Beach Wars. The Tokyo-style spawning system is blah and I miss the ability to end up with like a chrome dragon and 2 different miniboss E-trials going on at once. :(
Tokyo style spawning is horrible.
It completely ruins the game for me.

Suirano
Jul 21, 2016, 07:09 AM
Constant PSE Burst tends to ruin it as well given only ECs add to the score so overall it is just a time waster. Environment itself feels empty, more so than normal Coast. The whole EQ just feels dull and boring. At least music from Outrun plays. Chrome drops Aura series 13*s also according to a team mate.

Dammy
Jul 21, 2016, 07:31 AM
got Torim 13* on first run

Tournesol
Jul 21, 2016, 07:45 AM
got wanda 13* in less than one min on my first run '.'

wefwq
Jul 21, 2016, 08:06 AM
Pls play sammona.

HentaiLolicon
Jul 21, 2016, 08:09 AM
Feel like playing tutorial for EQ

Dammy
Jul 21, 2016, 09:04 AM
got 13* Melon and Wanda , looks like its good place for eggs
i dont like SU tho

AsinineWaffle
Jul 21, 2016, 10:05 AM
I got a 13* Wanda my first run and then one of those spirited parfaits.

As for the quest, that Tokyo spawning style managed to make an already dull EQ format worse. Didn't take me long at all to be sick of this Beach Wars.

Lyrise
Jul 21, 2016, 10:12 AM
Compared to how it was last year, I kinda like the Tokyo Style spawning - it actually forces people to get in there and kill stuff, not run ahead and then try to loop a section of the map to farm for Nyau/gryphons.

isCasted
Jul 21, 2016, 10:28 AM
I actually liked Tokyo-styled spawn. Wait times are quite annoying, though. When you kill all mobs from the first spawn, more will spawn, but they will spawn one-by-one in random spots. And it also spawns trash mobs, so you kill a single Torbon, then wait 10 seconds, then kill Aqulpus, then wait 5 seconds, repeat 5 more times, then wait whole 15 seconds until a code starts.

I wonder if that's intentional to prevent lag. All previous years' Beach Wars had ridiculous lag, but this year I didn't experience any.

SteveCZ
Jul 21, 2016, 11:14 AM
Yeah I just don't like the spawn delays. It kills the rush. Maybe that's the lag, lols.

Remz69
Jul 21, 2016, 11:25 AM
They almost managed to make an EQ worse than harkotan, i'm not even mad that's amazing.
Though playing Fi there was clearly a mistake and didn't help, after the very first run i already didn't have it in me to go for a second

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2016, 11:34 AM
There's a track that plays during one of the emergency codes that sounds like a remix of the Mothership theme. Anyone got that on hand?

pkemr4
Jul 21, 2016, 11:54 AM
its shit
pure
shit
only good for badges

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 01:54 PM
Is emp rappy supposed to be common? I finally did this EQ 3 times in a session, and didn't run into a single one.

I got ray Fo weapons to feed.

doomdragon83
Jul 21, 2016, 02:01 PM
I actually liked Tokyo-styled spawn. Wait times are quite annoying, though. When you kill all mobs from the first spawn, more will spawn, but they will spawn one-by-one in random spots. And it also spawns trash mobs, so you kill a single Torbon, then wait 10 seconds, then kill Aqulpus, then wait 5 seconds, repeat 5 more times, then wait whole 15 seconds until a code starts.

I wonder if that's intentional to prevent lag. All previous years' Beach Wars had ridiculous lag, but this year I didn't experience any.

I hate the Tokyo style spawns, having to run across the map to get to one point that will spawn mobs is dumb. It's not so bad here as the map is small enough thanks to those run pad things and jump pads to go between the North and South side.

Is emp rappy supposed to be common? I finally did this EQ 3 times in a session, and didn't run into a single one.
I saw it once in 4 runs.

Touka
Jul 21, 2016, 02:41 PM

Got two of them in the first run I did.

AsinineWaffle
Jul 21, 2016, 03:10 PM
Is emp rappy supposed to be common? I finally did this EQ 3 times in a session, and didn't run into a single one. I've only seen it twice out of nine runs. Going off that, I'm going to say no.

Selphea
Jul 21, 2016, 06:14 PM
Don't like this EQ. No good bosses, no collection file, spawns come so slow and scattered that they're there to waste your time rather than try to challenge you. And it's killed off most PDs ;_;

I think I'll take a break from playing

I got ray Fo weapons to feed.

http://www.fulldive.nu/2016/06/21/pso2-nt-grinding-guide/ :p

Shadowstarkirby
Jul 21, 2016, 07:39 PM
The rares and gold badge count is fine as far as I can tell, but god damn is this EQ just the most boring shit I've played in a long while. Why are the spawns so slow? Many times my MPA has to wait 10-15 seconds for one or two enemies to spawn and other times bosses just take as long as a minute to spawn while everyone is sitting around doing lobby actions and going, "?????"

It's sluggish, dumb, and not fun. To think that I need 100 Torana fragments for Austere units and this is the shit that has to fill up the schedule. BRING BACK TD4, FUCK.

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2016, 07:44 PM
And it's killed off most PDs ;_;
This is the only thing I care about.

Fuck 'em for supplanting PD with this crap. I still need a crapton of ray weapons. At the rate this is going I'll be lucky to be finished with them by October. Geh...

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I don't think I've ever been as crestfallen in this game as I was when I saw that first Tokyo style ping on the map. Oh well, got Deadly Circle Lv 17, I'm happy. I may just ignore this EQ after I finish my characters' bingos though.

cheapgunner
Jul 21, 2016, 08:04 PM
This is the only thing I care about.

Fuck 'em for supplanting PD with this crap. I still need a crapton of ray weapons. At the rate this is going I'll be lucky to be finished with them by October. Geh...

Agreed. SEGA still refuses to give Gal gryphon a permenant spawning location outside of EQs and LQs also. >.>;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 08:34 PM
Yeah I noticed PD is being pushed off the schedule.

I just want 3 more rays at least.

Flaoc
Jul 21, 2016, 08:52 PM
Pretty boring with lame spawn system that spawns enemies so slowly after the initial batch dies.. well at least it nerfs guren travel so other classes can keep up but the execution is poor. Only doing this for the emperor embrace grind fodder and I guess some cubes while doing it. Did they really have to kill off pd again for this though?

Saffran
Jul 21, 2016, 09:03 PM
I do agree, this year's version is lame, but quite honestly, if it weren't for an extra Ray Bow, I wouldn't play PD anyway.

SteveCZ
Jul 21, 2016, 09:39 PM
Pretty boring with lame spawn system that spawns enemies so slowly after the initial batch dies.. well at least it nerfs guren travel so other classes can keep up but the execution is poor. Only doing this for the emperor embrace grind fodder and I guess some cubes while doing it. Did they really have to kill off pd again for this though?

Due to the excitement of other people doing it, emperor embrace is not even enough reason to get it for me, cause there's (and will be) a bunch of stocks that you can buy them already at extremely cheap price.

Sadly they have to kill PD for this. Sad. Peak season is over I guess, time to turn off all of the subscriptions again. :-)

Meteor Weapon
Jul 21, 2016, 09:51 PM
They need to drop the new spawn system, it's not working for me. It's one of the reason I hate tokyo.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 09:53 PM
Sadly they have to kill PD for this. Sad. Peak season is over I guess, time to turn off all of the subscriptions again. :-)

They shouldave killed off yamato. That is older and shittier.

yoshiblue
Jul 21, 2016, 09:56 PM
No way, brah. We still got to go into space with it and end up being the aliens who destroyed the earth.

NephyrisX
Jul 21, 2016, 10:08 PM
I like the Tokyo spawn system since it guarantees enemy spawns rather than having to run aimlessly looking for mobs to kill.

My only problem with this Beach wars is that the map is too small, meaning mobs are going to spawn on a select few places.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 21, 2016, 10:49 PM
I like the Tokyo spawn system since it guarantees enemy spawns rather than having to run aimlessly looking for mobs to kill.

Um... you do far more running around to catch an enemy spawn with the tokyo system, dude...

The normal spawn system just about guarantees an enemy spawn every coordinate, and you don't have to run halfway across the map, or wait around awkwardly for the next ping to show up, or stand around for 10 seconds waiting for the E-code to start after killing a group off.

My only problem with this Beach wars is that the map is too small, meaning mobs are going to spawn on a select few places.

I swear you're like the one person on this website that likes tokyo, because you literally just described tokyo.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 11:27 PM

Aimlessly look around? You mean running around looking for the 1 single flying enemy super far away that completely halts your progress in the zone? Yeah, tokyo spawning does suck.

I'm not sure how you think old fields are "aimlessly looking around", do you not understand how mob spawns work? It's so easy to do laps and always know where enemies will spawn, it just requires actually thinking, and not having the game tell you where to go and dictate when you're allowed to spawn mobs or not.

This doesn't even get into the tokyo arks quests which are LINEAR and have no randomness to them at all, which makes them as stale and boring to do multiple times as TA's are. They are bad content as well, this game is supposed to be random codes/maps/enemies/etc but tokyo arks quests completely ignore that design. It's bad and will get boring fast in a game based around grinding things endlessly.

Tokyo spawning is HORRIBLE. No, TOKYO is horrible.

Altiea
Jul 21, 2016, 11:32 PM
I like Tokyo. They could do away with Quest Points, but I don't hate it otherwise.

I actually appreciate the Train Ghidoran ARKS Quest, because it makes completing Tokyo-based COs incredibly straightforward. I usually don't take COs that involve killing non-boss enemies because I know their spawns are completely random outside of TA and XQ, so unless I go do either, they won't get done in a timely matter. I can tolerate Tokyo COs because I know which enemies spawn in that ARKS Quest, which allows me to quickly go through them because I know their spawns are guaranteed. The difference between doing TAs for guaranteed spawns and doing Train Ghidoran ARKS Quest for guaranteed spawns is that Train Ghidoran doesn't take literal ages to do.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 11:35 PM
Straightforward guaranteed spawns in a game where you need to grind things over and over and over are not good.

yoshiblue
Jul 21, 2016, 11:37 PM
Its funny to remember that PSO was all about farming and see Sega seem pretty adamant about making rares seem rare. With all that Nyau/Gal Gryphon/[Insert Mob Here] farming, the community created their own monster. Its sad to see.

Has there been a push to make future content return the spawn system to the way it used to be?

Altiea
Jul 21, 2016, 11:39 PM
Straightforward guaranteed spawns in a game where you need to grind things over and over and over are not good.

You want me to go look for those enemies in Free Field? I could do that, but then the RNG dictates whether those COs take me 15 minutes or 2 hours to complete. Frankly, no one likes the RNG, myself included. If you've done the relevant COs, you would know that those COs aren't at all intensive; the Train Ghidoran ARKS Quest has enough enemies to clean out all the COs in two to three runs that take five minutes each.

NephyrisX
Jul 21, 2016, 11:41 PM
Um... you do far more running around to catch an enemy spawn with the tokyo system, dude...

The normal spawn system just about guarantees an enemy spawn every coordinate, and you don't have to run halfway across the map, or wait around awkwardly for the next ping to show up, or stand around for 10 seconds waiting for the E-code to start after killing a group off.

I swear you're like the one person on this website that likes tokyo, because you literally just described tokyo.
It's a combination of things that makes Tokyo one of my favourite explorations to play, outside of how many mobs I have to kill to complete it (1000 points? Jesus). I love the music, I like the speed aspect and the rings and it makes sense for the Tokyo stage to use its spawning system to better mesh with it. Besides, it's something different from the normal spawning routine, and I don't mind variation here and there.

Also, I apologise for having a different opinion on the aspects of PSO2. Here, let me correct that:

"EP4 sucks ballz and there's nothing redeemable about it!!!"

Am I hip yet?

I am curious, how is this a bad thing? Isn't it better than hopping on to an Exploration mission and pray to RNJesus that it spawns enough of a specific mob to satisfy a CO?

Sadinian daily CO, I am looking at you.

Great Pan
Jul 21, 2016, 11:48 PM
Shit EQ for no Collect File weapons.

Shiyo
Jul 21, 2016, 11:51 PM
No, linear never changing content in a game about repetitively grinding the same things is not good.

NephyrisX
Jul 21, 2016, 11:54 PM
No, linear never changing content in a game about repetitively grinding the same things is not good.
Again, why?

Xaeris
Jul 22, 2016, 12:00 AM
Well, terrible EQ design aside, let's all take a moment to appreciate that Pietro is actually in pretty good shape and that SORO wears a scuba mask.

Shiyo
Jul 22, 2016, 12:12 AM
Again, why?

If a game is based around repeating the same content over and over and over, and the content NEVER CHANGES, it gets boring super fast.

Altiea
Jul 22, 2016, 12:18 AM
If a game is based around repeating the same content over and over and over, and the content NEVER CHANGES, it gets boring super fast.

This is true. However, we're talking about a single quest. The only problem with randomized content is that it makes some Client Orders needlessly tedious to complete due to not being able to find what you need to defeat. It's everything in moderation. Too much randomized content, and you can never find what you're looking for. Too much fixed content, and everything becomes stale. It's all about striking a balance. As of now, PSO2 is a lot of randomized content. A little fixed content won't hurt, especially not one little ARKS Quest.

Flaoc
Jul 22, 2016, 12:25 AM
pso1 was littered with fixed content and yet the game was a masterpiece for its time.. in pso2 the fixed quests usually end up the best ones yet theres so few and rest is 99% random

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 12:42 AM

....and yet the most widespread MMORPGs right now have guaranteed spawns. The focus is more on killing and farming those spawns because in those games the trash mobs are strong enough to finish a player, especially at higher levels.

Selphea
Jul 22, 2016, 12:45 AM
It really depends, if the content doesn't change but actually tries to kill you like Traces of Darkness does, that's still ok.

Between current gear levels, ridiculous PA buffs and enemy nerfs though, they'd need to spawn something like Falz Angel + Anga + 2 mecha banthers, all titled just to be remotely challenging.

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 04:28 AM
It really depends, if the content doesn't change but actually tries to kill you like Traces of Darkness does, that's still ok.

Between current gear levels, ridiculous PA buffs and enemy nerfs though, they'd need to spawn something like Falz Angel + Anga + 2 mecha banthers, all titled just to be remotely challenging.

...and now you know why I don't take this game seriously at all, especially since my pre-pubescent niece and her best friend have already trashed this game together and apart on their Fo/Te. Lately I've been playing a lot more adult games... the type that actually require a trusting partner and a will to experiment. ^_^

Altiea
Jul 22, 2016, 04:56 AM
...and now you know why I don't take this game seriously at all, especially since my pre-pubescent niece and her best friend have already trashed this game together and apart on their Fo/Te. Lately I've been playing a lot more adult games... the type that actually require a trusting partner and a will to experiment. ^_^

I mean, you DID give them the most busted class combo in the game.

Also, why are we typecasting PSO2 as not-adult because the game is improperly balanced? Do all "adult" games require teamwork and actual thought? I'm sorry, but I can't agree with the notion of applying labels to games based on its design flaws and difficulty.

inb4 2 page essay. No offense.

NephyrisX
Jul 22, 2016, 05:32 AM

So, adult games = must need coordination and experimentation?

By that logic, all single-player, twitch-reflex and fighting multiplayer games are for kids and you should be ashamed for playing them if you're above 18 years old.

Saffran
Jul 22, 2016, 05:35 AM
Keylin > Oooh I got you. Good for you.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 22, 2016, 05:45 AM
I actually appreciate the Train Ghidoran ARKS Quest, because it makes completing Tokyo-based COs incredibly straightforward. I usually don't take COs that involve killing non-boss enemies because I know their spawns are completely random outside of TA and XQ, so unless I go do either, they won't get done in a timely matter. I can tolerate Tokyo COs because I know which enemies spawn in that ARKS Quest, which allows me to quickly go through them because I know their spawns are guaranteed.

I am curious, how is this a bad thing? Isn't it better than hopping on to an Exploration mission and pray to RNJesus that it spawns enough of a specific mob to satisfy a CO?

Sadinian daily CO, I am looking at you.

The 20 brown bear DO would like to have a word with you. I am never doing that shit again.

It's a combination of things that makes Tokyo one of my favourite explorations to play, outside of how many mobs I have to kill to complete it (1000 points? Jesus). I love the music, I like the speed aspect and the rings and it makes sense for the Tokyo stage to use its spawning system to better mesh with it. Besides, it's something different from the normal spawning routine, and I don't mind variation here and there.

Aside from the 'wheee' feeling you get the first time, It's just a paper-thin gimmick that does nothing to alter what the quest boils down to: kill mobs.

All that has changed are spawns being a mile away from each other, and increasing the time it takes to kill X enemies despite the speed pads due to distance. It is a thin layer of 'variety' that amounts to damn near nothing in practice. It does not revolutionize anything about this game. Vegas looks like a better attempt at doing that.

Also, I apologise for having a different opinion on the aspects of PSO2. Here, let me correct that:

"EP4 sucks ballz and there's nothing redeemable about it!!!"

Am I hip yet?

It's because your opinion on tokyo is contradictory.
You say tokyo doesn't make you run around aimlessly, yet you often have to run halfway across the map to get a spawn, where you could take 10 steps to get another spawn anywhere else, and you want spawn points to be even farther apart in beach wars? Seriously?! It's an EQ! No one wants to waste time on just empty, meaningless traveling back and forth, and you want to make it worse?

It should be easy for you to actually bring up something of substance that makes tokyo good if you like it so much (aside from music), so why haven't you done so yet?

wefwq
Jul 22, 2016, 06:39 AM
I miss the day when free field MPA still a thing and almost everyone knew how to run in group.

NephyrisX
Jul 22, 2016, 06:44 AM
The 20 brown bear DO would like to have a word with you. I am never doing that shit again.

Aside from the 'wheee' feeling you get the first time, It's just a paper-thin gimmick that does nothing to alter what the quest boils down to: kill mobs.

All that has changed are spawns being a mile away from each other, and increasing the time it takes to kill X enemies despite the speed pads due to distance. It is a thin layer of 'variety' that amounts to damn near nothing in practice. It does not revolutionize anything about this game. Vegas looks like a better attempt at doing that.

It's because your opinion on tokyo is contradictory.
You say tokyo doesn't make you run around aimlessly, yet you often have to run halfway across the map to get a spawn, where you could take 10 steps to get another spawn anywhere else, and you want spawn points to be even farther apart in beach wars? Seriously?! It's an EQ! No one wants to waste time on just empty, meaningless traveling back and forth, and you want to make it worse?

It should be easy for you to actually bring up something of substance that makes tokyo good if you like it so much (aside from music), so why haven't you done so yet?

I grant you the Brown Bears CO. Worst mob killing CO unless there's Yamato EQ around corner.

Ok, I am terrible at this debating thing, but here goes.

Tokyo Exploration is clearly an experiment to vary up the gameplay and is likely a prototype for the Vegas Exploration where they are taking the concept of "here's a spawn location, get here ASAP everyone!" and upping the ante.

From my experience, the old Explorations are better as solo experiences; you just run through the stages hoping to find the entrance to the next stage. It doesn't matter if there's anyone else playing. since they aren't going to be involved in the last stage anyway unless they are in your party.

For Tokyo, I think one of the biggest reasons why it sticks to me is because it's one of the very few times outside of an EQ where people gather in one location. The entire system encourages/enforces that by having only one spawn location at any one time. I personally enjoy seeing everyone fighting in a single screen like how EQs are where they are all working towards an objective. Of course, conversely, having 1000 points and only one spawn location makes it worse when playing solo, but since I always play Tokyo Exploration when dailies are involved, I usually end up in a populated server and rarely play solo.

In summary, old Explorations are better as a solo experience, while the Tokyo, and probably Vegas by extension, are better as a group experience. Since, let's face it, most of us don't ever do Explorations unless dailies are involved, I just find Tokyo to be one of the more compelling ones since you can actually see other players playing alongside you.

As for Beach Wars, eh, maybe because in my experience the spawns keep occurring at two locations for most of the time I play it, which annoys me a little when you got many possible locations on that map.

You know, I am actually glad you questioned me on this. Maybe SEGA is trying to make more Explorations "EQ-lite" to enhance the social(?) aspect of it? Who knows.

Naoya Kiriyama
Jul 22, 2016, 08:51 AM
Lately I've been playing a lot more adult games... the type that actually require a trusting partner and a will to experiment. ^_^
You don't need a trusting partner to play porn games. Rather, a "thrusting" partner if that's the case :V

kmystic
Jul 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
in my 4x 3 runs i've seen 1 Emper Rappy so far... not sure if unlucky but probably not because emper embrace price didn't change much.

Loveless62
Jul 22, 2016, 12:25 PM
Is this what adults are supposed to do, argue about which of their preferred forms of entertainment are more "refined"?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 22, 2016, 12:28 PM
Is this what adults are supposed to do, argue about which of their preferred forms of entertainment are more "refined"?

Let's fight, like gentlemen!

NephyrisX
Jul 22, 2016, 12:29 PM
Let's fight, like gentlemen!

I will get the pistols!

yoshiblue
Jul 22, 2016, 01:00 PM
Man, I look away and we've become a train on the ocean now. Anyways, I think the next event should have more NiGHTs music. Or maybe use some of that Billy Hatcher.

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 01:02 PM

Where is the argument here?
I was merely speaking preference..

I could argue and have fun "Feeding the trolls" to see how large they get, but I learned long ago.... that no matter how hard I win against a troll... That all bosses have respawn timers. ^_^

Zanverse
Jul 22, 2016, 02:04 PM
Man, I look away and we've become a train on the ocean now. Anyways, I think the next event should have more NiGHTs music. Or maybe use some of that Billy Hatcher.

I can definitely see them doing a NiGHTs collab + LQ/EQ in the new Vegas area.

Loveless62
Jul 22, 2016, 02:18 PM
The parts I have emphasize seem to imply that those who enjoy PSO2 are children or are less-sophisticated somehow than those who enjoy the WoW-wannabes that you seem to prefer. This does not seem like just a statement of preference, more like an implied insult or a thinly-veiled expression of your animosity toward this community.

I have played World of Warcraft enough to experience endgame content, including PvP and heroic raiding (what would now be called "mythic"). I can see how one can argue that content in WoW (and other games like it) can be seen as more difficult in some ways than PSO2, but also I found that there was ultimately a vacuousness to the experience in WoW. I didn't find the experience more fulfilling than PSO2; in fact, in some ways I have found the opposite to be true. Does this make me a child somehow?

And I have had some experience with other MMOs, and I felt that they didn't really add much past what WoW already offered.

Where is the argument here?
I was merely speaking preference..

I could argue and have fun "Feeding the trolls" to see how large they get, but I learned long ago.... that no matter how hard I win against a troll... That all bosses have respawn timers. ^_^
Your advice against trolls seems oddly ironic.

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 05:10 PM
The parts I have emphasize seem to imply that those who enjoy PSO2 are children or are less-sophisticated somehow than those who enjoy the WoW-wannabes that you seem to prefer. This does not seem like just a statement of preference, more like an implied insult or a thinly-veiled expression of your animosity toward this community.

I have played World of Warcraft enough to experience endgame content, including PvP and heroic raiding (what would now be called "mythic"). I can see how one can argue that content in WoW (and other games like it) can be seen as more difficult in some ways than PSO2, but also I found that there was ultimately a vacuousness to the experience in WoW. I didn't find the experience more fulfilling than PSO2; in fact, in some ways I have found the opposite to be true. Does this make me a child somehow?

And I have had some experience with other MMOs, and I felt that they didn't really add much past what WoW already offered.

Your advice against trolls seems oddly ironic.

Just my thoughts...

Corrections (Not many)
[spoiler-box]
Did you mean "The parts I have emphasized..."?
or
Did you mean "The parts I emphasize..."?
[/spoiler-box]

Comments and Proofs

Argument vs Information
[spoiler-box]
When the word "especially" has usage in the way I used it, the intention is made to deliver information. However, if the word "because" were to be used, then it would have transformed the sentence in the form of preposition-conclusion. This is not the case, meaning the sentence is informative and not argumentative.

Example..

I walk in the park, especially on Sundays.

This sentence tells you that I walk in the park. All you learn from this is that I have a higher frequency of walking in the park on Sundays. It does not tell you if I like walking in the park at all, nor does it tell you how frequently I walk the park outside of Sunday.
[/spoiler-box]

Addressing your assertion
[spoiler-box]

...and now you know why I don't take this game seriously at all, especially since my pre-pubescent niece and her best friend have already trashed this game together and apart on their Fo/Te.

Misreading "especially since" as "because" would turn the sentence into one with the form of preposition-conclusion. In its present state, the second half of the sentence offers information to the first half.

"...I do not take this game seriously at all, especially since my......"

All this serves to do is to describe the frequency or stronger reasons of why I do not take the game seriously. It does not give the following information

a) This sentence does not link the second half as the only reason for not taking this game seriously...
b) This sentence does not prove or declare that I believe people who play PSO-2 are children.
c) This sentence does not declare whether I play or do not play this game.

Your assertion comes from the belief that I meant the word "because" instead of "especially since".
[/spoiler-box]

Fallacies
[spoiler-box]Are you arguing that you tried playing Worlds of Warcraft and in the end did not like it or feel satisfied and due to that experience that you are not a child?

If so, then
I congratulate you for intelligently being able to stack an argumentum ad populum on top of a argumentum ad misercordiam along with a host of other fallacies.

Playing WoW does not make you an adult, nor does it make you a child.
Playing WoW does not change your level of fulfillment in PSO-2.

By the same token

Playing PSO-2 does not make you an adult, nor does it make you a child.
Playing PSO-2 does not change your level of fulfillment in WoW.

In short, your experience in MMOs does not make you a child or an adult, nor change your level of fulfillment in PSO-2.

You aren't a child...

You could have said
"I love PSO-2, so deal with it...."
and at least it would have come across as being happy, assertive, and declarative.
though it would have also come as out of place in argument over something that is not even there.

WoW's Rating is ESRB Teen
PSO-2's Rating is CERO-C (15+)

[/spoiler-box]

Adult Games and Intensity
[spoiler-box]
Summer Time Sex and experimentation with the one I've loved for fifteen years....to me is far more interesting than sitting down and playing with my dick all day waiting for an EQ. Hell, I rather just play another game during that time since other games at least give me the means to find something in content that is not just event content.

In fact, at times my fiancee and I play through several Hentai-MMORPGs together....
Its true that one game does not change the fulfillment of another...

...but when a couple is playing a game together and spending their time together, that is different than playing games alone. So nice to know that there are games out there even in the MMO genre that facilitate couples well. While some games focus on the Solo Experience, So happy that some exist that focus on the Duo Experience.
[/spoiler-box]

Implied Language and Conclusion
[spoiler-box]I am a direct person. If I wanted to completely insult this community to pieces, then I would do it. If I wanted to stab someone, I would never do it in the back... too time consuming and I am not the person to wait and position myself in careful planning for hours when I can just do the decent thing and stab someone in the front and just be done with it..

What I wonder about you is

When did it become acceptable to accept implied language as amphiboly to the explicit?

I meet people like you, and I am glad I am a teacher...

P.S: I forwarded your post and my post to the head of the mathematics department of one of the colleges I attend, who enjoys Argument-Logic prior to writing this reply. I got a reply saying "...seems this person excels at overloading the issue. I would like to know how efficient this person is at breaking as many rules as possible in the shortest amount of words. I am impressed at this level of profound thought...."

[/spoiler-box]

Tenlade
Jul 22, 2016, 05:25 PM
this spawn system would work better if it just spawned enemies immediatey instead of waiting and only 1-2 tiles away, instead of me running across the map to murder a few dudes then running all the way back.

Having a shorter gap between codes/ having kills count as points like other EQ to help speed it up , especially if a burst happens, would be nice.

Altiea
Jul 22, 2016, 05:29 PM
Just my thoughts...

Corrections (Not many)
[spoiler-box]
or
[/spoiler-box]

Comments and Proofs

Argument vs Information
[spoiler-box]
When the word "especially" has usage in the way I used it, the intention is made to deliver information. However, if the word "because" were to be used, then it would have transformed the sentence in the form of preposition-conclusion. This is not the case, meaning the sentence is informative and not argumentative.

Example..

This sentence tells you that I walk in the park. All you learn from this is that I have a higher frequency of walking in the park on Sundays. It does not tell you if I like walking in the park at all, nor does it tell you how frequently I walk the park outside of Sunday.
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

Misreading "especially since" as "because" would turn the sentence into one with the form of preposition-conclusion. In its present state, the second half of the sentence offers information to the first half.

All this serves to do is to describe the frequency or stronger reasons of why I do not take the game seriously. It does not give the following information

a) This sentence does not link the second half as the only reason for not taking this game seriously...
b) This sentence does not prove or declare that I believe people who play PSO-2 are children.

Your assertion comes from the belief that I meant the word "because" instead of "especially since".
[/spoiler-box]

Fallacies
[spoiler-box]Are you arguing that you tried playing Worlds of Warcraft and in the end did not like it or feel satisfied and due to that experience that you are not a child?

If so, then
I congratulate you for intelligently being able to stack an argumentum ad populum on top of a argumentum ad misercordiam along with a host of other fallacies.

By the same token

In short, your experience in MMOs does not make you a child or an adult, nor change your level of fulfillment in PSO-2.

You aren't a child...

You could have said
and at least it would have come across as being happy, assertive, and declarative.
though it would have also come as out of place in argument over something that is not even there.

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]
Summer Time Sex and experimentation with the one I've loved for fifteen years....to me is far more interesting than sitting down and playing with my dick all day waiting for an EQ. Hell, I rather just play another game during that time since other games at least give me the means to find something in content that is not just event content.

In fact, at times my fiancee and I play through several Hentai-MMORPGs together....

...but when a couple is playing a game together and spending their time together, that is different than playing games alone. So nice to know that there are games out there even in the MMO genre that facilitate couples well. While some games focus on the Solo Experience, So happy that some exist that focus on the Duo Experience.
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]I am a direct person. If I wanted to completely insult this community to pieces, then I would do it. If I wanted to stab someone, I would never do it in the back... too time consuming and I am not the person to wait and position myself in careful planning for hours when I can just do the decent thing and stab someone in the front and just be done with it..

When did it become acceptable to accept implied language as amphiboly to the explicit?

P.S: I forwarded your post and my post to the head of the mathematics department of one of the colleges I attend, who enjoys Argument-Logic prior to writing this reply. I got a reply saying "...seems this person excels at overloading the issue. I would like to know how efficient this person is at breaking as many rules as possible in the shortest amount of words. I am impressed at this level of profound thought...."

[/spoiler-box]

Totally called it! Shorter than I called, but still.

Anyways, more towards the point. If you didn't want to inadvertently offend a lot of people, there's a lot less ambiguous wording you could've used. The problem with your statement is the connotation it carries.

Also, showing a forum post to a college professor is, in my opinion, a silly waste of time and sounds like a stupid way to make someone look bad. Just saying. You are trying to process internet ethic through real life thought process. This doesn't work and is just dumb. No offense to either you or the professor (fantastic position for him, by the way), but it's lame.

Let me pose this question: Do you actually like playing PSO2?

Sonichi
Jul 22, 2016, 05:42 PM
Just my thoughts...

Corrections (Not many)
[spoiler-box]
or
[/spoiler-box]

Comments and Proofs

Argument vs Information
[spoiler-box]

Example..

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

Fallacies

If so, then

By the same token

You aren't a child...

You could have said

[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

Please stop posting you contribute nothing but self insert garbage and blogposts to try and big up yourself. At least talk about the topic on hand rather than standing on your soap box every thread.

millefeuille
Jul 22, 2016, 06:25 PM
Please stop posting you contribute nothing but self insert garbage and blogposts to try and big up yourself. At least talk about the topic on hand rather than standing on your soap box every thread.

Oh. He's that kind of person... ^^;

Let me pose this question: Do you actually like playing PSO2?
Well, you really only need to look at his recent post history to get the gist of his opinion:

His posts are very passive-aggressive with the aim at disparaging anyone who would even like PSO2.
PSO2 can be beaten by children. Therefore, PSO2 is a game for children and should only be played by such.
An extremely elevated sense of superiority (especially that post about his "accomplishments"). I laughed at the doctoral-candidate one, which also kind of saddens me that people actually use their titles to put themselves above others. In a gaming forum, no less. ^^;
According to him, playing other MMO's (like BDO) are a sign of an elite gamer, but does not post anything about actual competitive franchises with an existing hardcore community that would, rightfully, put him in his place.

Simply put, he's a troll. It would be best to stop feeding it and actually move on for once.

However, despite that, once he loses his relevance, he'll probably post a large inflammatory essay about the pathetic-ness of gamers playing PSO2 instead of winning at life or something, despite the fact that winning at life and being good at games (like PSO2) are not mutually exclusive things.

And, to be on-topic!

I like the Beach Wars 2016 EQ, but like how eating ice cream everyday can lead to diabetes, it's best enjoyed sparingly~.
The Tokyo-style spawnings are interesting, but seriously lose their novelty after the first run or so.

IchijinKali
Jul 22, 2016, 06:52 PM
The EQ is fine if you are just trying to complete Bingo, get Badges, and try for an Aura other than that it is a joke. The fact that killing any mobs of any sort is pointless for anything besides hoping E-Trials show up to actually gain points is quite the odd choice. This makes Bursts even more trivial to the point I just flat out leave the moment one happens.

The running around part I don't mind but it is the sheer amount of time wasted waiting for spawns to well spawn. Everybody just standing around waiting for the trial to happen or be told to go to another spot but nope we are waiting for that one enemy to spawn who is taking their sweet time to show up.

The EQ is so bad I'm not surprised there is no Emp farming going on. The sheer tedium of the EQ makes it hard to farm effectively and efficiently at all.

Loveless62
Jul 22, 2016, 07:05 PM
I feel I owe this thread an on-topic post:

I see people complaining about how enemies spawn in this EQ. Indeed I felt this as I played this as Ra/Hu, as I tried to hit them with Divine Launcher, but most enemies were dead before my missile got to them, making me feel as if was not contributing. I found it more effective to simply let auto-aimed One Point find all the enemies for me, and I felt that my contribution improved. I imagine that summoners would do well here since their pets automatically hunt down all of the randomly spawning enemies. I imagine Fo/Te would do well here too, as they can benefit well from the auto-aim. I guess it is once again natural that they do well here, Fo/Tes gotta Fo/Te.

I realize this probably does not sum up to a glowing review of this EQ :-D. I am doing this EQ because I need Emper Embrace drops (got the Emperor Rappy once in three runs, btw). I need them to develop weapons in my endless quest for 13* sidegrades (kek). I wouldn't mind getting an Aura weapon or two, either.

Now back to the topic not at hand:

[SPOILER-BOX]

Just my thoughts...

I did mean "The parts I have emphasized". That was a typo.

I admit I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "adult" in a somewhat unfortunate coincidence. In all seriousness, if you enjoy sexually-explicit games, I have no problem with that.

I pulled WoW into the conversation because you often discuss your experiences with other MMOs when you criticize the gameplay of PSO2. I was stating that I have had experience with other MMOs, including WoW (I have pretty in-depth experience with WoW in fact) and others, and I do not find their gameplay more compelling than the gameplay of PSO2. From some of your posts, I wonder if you assume that others have not had much experience with MMOs, and if they did, they would agree with you and say they enjoy them more than PSO2. I am saying I do have experience with other MMOs and I do not agree.

In response, to your math professors input: I admit I left a lot of details out of my post and did not elaborate well. I was doing so for the sake of brevity. Unfortunately, sometimes my posts can come off as "overly-compressed" and difficult to understand. I apologize for that, to you and all others who have suffered with my "brevity". ;-)

However, I do believe that you are accountable for the implicit meanings of your words when you post, and I don't think I am alone on this in this community (and elsewhere). People will see the implied meanings of your words and form a negative impression of you. My impression has that you look down on those who enjoy the gameplay aspects of PSO2 from a self-assumed sense of superiority. If it was not your intention to give such an impression, then you should probably be more careful with your wording, or you may cause more friction with this community.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2016, 07:34 PM
This thread is great but Cougar Wars 4 is just absolutely horrible, the Tokyo spawn rings are flat out stupid and well nothing worthwhile even drops AT BEST it's all ele fodder. It's barely bearable though for the Gold Badges at the end. I also love having the spawn ring bug out and take forever either spawning the mobs/E-Trial/Nyau oh and tons of Cougar's because he has totally relevant drops worth our time, if anything they're great at milking the timer which is probably Sega's goal anyways.

Rant rant rather run Burning Rangers XH :wacko:

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 07:43 PM
Oh. He's that kind of person... ^^;

Well, you really only need to look at his recent post history to get the gist of his opinion:

His posts are very passive-aggressive with the aim at disparaging anyone who would even like PSO2.
PSO2 can be beaten by children. Therefore, PSO2 is a game for children and should only be played by such.
An extremely elevated sense of superiority (especially that post about his "accomplishments"). I laughed at the doctoral-candidate one, which also kind of saddens me that people actually use their titles to put themselves above others. In a gaming forum, no less. ^^;
According to him, playing other MMO's (like BDO) are a sign of an elite gamer, but does not post anything about actual competitive franchises with an existing hardcore community that would, rightfully, put him in his place.

Simply put, he's a troll. It would be best to stop feeding it and actually move on for once.

However, despite that, once he loses his relevance, he'll probably post a large inflammatory essay about the pathetic-ness of gamers playing PSO2 instead of winning at life or something, despite the fact that winning at life and being good at games (like PSO2) are not mutually exclusive things.

And, to be on-topic!

I like the Beach Wars 2016 EQ, but like how eating ice cream everyday can lead to diabetes, it's best enjoyed sparingly~.
The Tokyo-style spawnings are interesting, but seriously lose their novelty after the first run or so.

1) I like PSO-2. Am I disparaging myself? oh wait... you forgot to treat me like a human being.....since you left me out of that equation.
2) PSO-2 can be beaten by children and is a game for Children. The United Nations defines a Child as any person who is under the age of 18, unless the law is different and PSO-2 carries a rating that is for Teenagers. If the game was for adults there would actually be love and romances and heavier things as part of the story and not all the lukewarm stuff that appears to be part of a PG-13 movie.
3) Not Superiority. Pride, Respect, and Responsibility for who I am as a person. What I earned as a person and continue to fight for. It does not matter if its a gaming forum or a school... I am what I am and I should be representing my own profession. :) DEGREES are not TITLES... Get that through your head!
4) False. The sign of an Elite Gamer are the players who are in the esports divisions and who play in professional leagues and ladders. Those are true elite gamers who truly spend what is required of them, and some of those guys know as much about computers and technology, and are around my age too.

So far you have been wrong on all four counts...
Still care to label me as a troll?

@Altiea

I do enjoy playing PSO-2. I like the Summer Scratch and I don't mind Beach Wars either. The only two things I hate about this game are the shitty skill trees on some classes and idiotic EQs. Everything else is just peachy. :)

@Everyone Else

Sorry for the inconvenience.
This is my last post on this topic....

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2016, 07:47 PM
you'll still read the thread tho :wacko:

The Walrus
Jul 22, 2016, 07:52 PM
what is even going on

millefeuille
Jul 22, 2016, 07:55 PM
I feel I owe this thread an on-topic post:

I see people complaining about how enemies spawn in this EQ. Indeed I felt this as I played this as Ra/Hu, as I tried to hit them with Divine Launcher, but most enemies were dead before my missile got to them, making me feel as if was not contributing. I found it more effective to simply let auto-aimed One Point find all the enemies for me, and I felt that my contribution improved.

It's kind of hard to out-pace everyone with a launcher without knowing the spawn points beforehand. Even in the previous guruguru LQ, I had to Rodeo Drive ahead of everyone as RA to even hit something with Divine Launcher. :-(

I just find it better to wait for bosses and just kill that to feel useful. :wacko:

Shadowstarkirby
Jul 22, 2016, 07:55 PM
I genuinely don't see how anyone could like Tokyo spawns for this EQ...or any EQ at all. The only, and I mean the absolute ONLY good thing about Tokyo spawns is that it keeps everyone ball and chained together so you don't get those Gurren and Ilzonde dashing morons that screw up mob spawns and thus E-trials if they happen to ignore mobs, but even then you could say that very rarely ever happened.

Besides that, you're pretty much saying that you like like to sit around five to ten seconds at a time for several worthless 30k HP trash mobs to pop in so you can move on to the next ping on the radar. There's 12 people in any given MPA, do you know how much damage is output in 5 seconds? Well, I'll tell you what, it's way more than fucking 30k; I end up just sitting in the field time after time not even being able to attack anything outside of the initial first wave because as soon as anything shows up, it's erased from existence. That's not fun. There's nothing enjoyable about hitting thin air. Don't even get me started on the minute long boss spawns neither. I mean...christ, this is probably the most infuriatingly boring quest I've experienced in the game. People talk about Yamato being boring and poorly designed, hell no, this takes the cake.

This is a lot of venomous hate I have for this quest, but reason being is that I really hope is that this doesn't become a trend for future seasonal EQs and this is just a horrible experiment. Please, leave Trick or Treat and Christmas alone, they were so good last year, there's no need to fuck them up.

Sonichi
Jul 22, 2016, 08:04 PM
1) I like PSO-2. Am I disparaging myself? oh wait... you forgot to treat me like a human being.....since you left me out of that equation.
2) PSO-2 can be beaten by children and is a game for Children. The United Nations defines a Child as any person who is under the age of 18, unless the law is different and PSO-2 carries a rating that is for Teenagers. If the game was for adults there would actually be love and romances and heavier things as part of the story and not all the lukewarm stuff that appears to be part of a PG-13 movie.
3) Not Superiority. Pride, Respect, and Responsibility for who I am as a person. What I earned as a person and continue to fight for. It does not matter if its a gaming forum or a school... I am what I am and I should be representing my own profession. :) DEGREES are not TITLES... Get that through your head!
4) False. The sign of an Elite Gamer are the players who are in the esports divisions and who play in professional leagues and ladders. Those are true elite gamers who truly spend what is required of them, and some of those guys know as much about computers and technology, and are around my age too.

So far you have been wrong on all four counts...
Still care to label me as a troll?

Can you do a Maenara please? Thanks. Nobody actually cares about your life story, talk about the game or don't.

As far as this EQ goes, it's better than having no seasonal and being stuck with the likes of Naberius popping up. At least if vopar pops up now it gives me something to do, even if the quest is flawed.

Daku
Jul 22, 2016, 08:13 PM
I genuinely don't see how anyone could like Tokyo spawns for this EQ...or any EQ at all. The only, and I mean the absolute ONLY good thing about Tokyo spawns is that it keeps everyone ball and chained together so you don't get those Gurren and Ilzonde dashing morons that screw up mob spawns and thus E-trials if they happen to ignore mobs, but even then you could say that very rarely ever happened.

Besides that, you're pretty much saying that you like like to sit around five to ten seconds at a time for several worthless 30k HP trash mobs to pop in so you can move on to the next ping on the radar. There's 12 people in any given MPA, do you know how much damage is output in 5 seconds? Well, I'll tell you what, it's way more than fucking 30k; I end up just sitting in the field time after time not even being able to attack anything outside of the initial first wave because as soon as anything shows up, it's erased from existence. That's not fun. There's nothing enjoyable about hitting thin air. Don't even get me started on the minute long boss spawns neither. I mean...christ, this is probably the most infuriatingly boring quest I've experienced in the game. People talk about Yamato being boring and poorly designed, hell no, this takes the cake.

This is a lot of venomous hate I have for this quest, but reason being is that I really hope is that this doesn't become a trend for future seasonal EQs and this is just a horrible experiment. Please, leave Trick or Treat and Christmas alone, they were so good last year, there's no need to fuck them up.

Welp... you said anything I would.

I was actually personally looking forward to this EQ until you noted the spawn method in team chat...only to get further disappointed once I finally ran it later that day. There really is no advantage to this spawn method and it was best kept to Tokyo Free field. It really bogs down the quest's pacing, ironically making it slower than the speed pad-less beach Wars 2015. And the pads merely exist to justify the ping spawn system. >.>

Tunga
Jul 22, 2016, 08:17 PM
what is even going on

The usual drama with Keilyn and co.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 22, 2016, 08:40 PM
Do anyone even read his self philosophical/political/college/social life story insert in every post he made? I don't because it's a pointless unrelated wall of text that doesn't even relate to the issue and it's a bore to read.

Zyrusticae
Jul 22, 2016, 08:45 PM
Seriously hoping that the schedule changes dramatically next week. Especially since PD will be getting that RDR boost after maint.

It'd be a serious dick move to give us 5 PDs in a week during a boost week.

Xaeris
Jul 22, 2016, 10:04 PM
Finally saw an Emper Rappy. Was the first code though, so the drops were unimpressive. Definitely rarer here compared to Wind and Rain. I mean, on one hand, I'm happy my 12* Nox market won't take much of a tumble, but I was hoping to fill up an Ex. Storage with Emper Embrace for the next dry spell.

Also, my last run had a different BGM than the usual. It's probably from Outrun too, but I don't recognize it.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2016, 10:58 PM
Got a video? I'm curious what BGM they're using.

Kinda sad Empe Rappy has been so rare for so long.
I guess they don't want people maxing too many 13 stars or 12 star fodders.

ルニス
Jul 22, 2016, 11:03 PM
Finally saw an Emper Rappy. Was the first code though, so the drops were unimpressive. Definitely rarer here compared to Wind and Rain. I mean, on one hand, I'm happy my 12* Nox market won't take much of a tumble, but I was hoping to fill up an Ex. Storage with Emper Embrace for the next dry spell.

Also, my last run had a different BGM than the usual. It's probably from Outrun too, but I don't recognize it.

Magical Sound Shower maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfZNgbi4Pcc

NephyrisX
Jul 22, 2016, 11:30 PM
After playing Beach Wars a bit more, I do agree that the Tokyo spawn system is awkwardly implemented because there are no Emergency trials that takes advantage of it. Tokyo works because it's large area with a single spawn location at any one time and has the cars and time trials to go with it. Beach Wars doesn't have those.

However, the spawn system does bring along a benefit; pubs no longer wander around aimlessly looking for mobs and getting separated and screwing up all the spawns.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2016, 11:48 PM
Or they could just have preset spawns to begin with like mothership and the sea lab or whatever it's called.
People seem to enjoy those the most. Or I keep hearing that they do. Yet we rarely ever get those kinds of quests.

I'd say inner Harukotan too, except people tend to skip the mobs on that to trigger Nyau early.
Which can break the quest permanently.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 23, 2016, 02:07 AM
I prefer with what they did with Cradle of Darkness/Mamaship EQ, having preset spawns and all. It's better than kill random spawn enemies and collecting points.

Then again I think it's because of how exclusive the area of Mothership EQ is, having a different and exclusive atmosphere from the rest of the quest. Beach Wars is just a customized coast map without much altering which makes it boring, same with Odin's Quest.

Xaeris
Jul 23, 2016, 07:39 AM
I really, really, really, really hate this EQ. Between poor code selection (visbolts, Cougars), needing to clear multiple pings to spawn a code every single time, and the ever ubiquitous players who are bizarrely content with being less than mediocre, I just got treated to my second two run Holiday EQ ever. What a dreadful feeling, I just feel defeated.

oratank
Jul 23, 2016, 08:07 AM
don't hate it em rappy have candy for you (high quality affix with mutation2) :D

AsinineWaffle
Jul 23, 2016, 08:10 AM
This EQ wouldn't bother me to the degree it does if the codes were at least something worthwhile. The only good one to me personally is Emp Rappy, which is uncommon and not worth doing a bad EQ for.

I really hope next week's EQ schedule is going to look better, it's incredibly upsetting PD got shafted the way it did for this garbage.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 23, 2016, 06:36 PM
Lag causing tokyo spawn points to take forever to trigger.
Big void of nothingness in between points.
Taking way too long to get to said points.
Needing to clear out each and every mook.
E-codes taking a while to trigger after mooks are killed off.
Visbolts.
Way too many instances in EQ schedule for something not directly tied to collection sheets.
Too many flying enemies and two bosses that together make for "melee misery"(not quite how you should balance automate/IW guys....).
Tokyo spawn points.
People really lagging behind just get it even worse when they can't catch up when the tokyo spawn point finally shows up.
Giant surfing rappy doesn't come sailing in from off shore and flatten Hunar by falling on him to finish him off.

It's something of "rewards are worth the time" but in terms of fun, which is what we're supposed to be playing for, no, it's not there. The EQ is only here for a short time, there's no reason this couldn't be treated like Cradle or Mothership. Given how often people just play Arks Quest for Train Ghidoran, it's pretty obvious that people like things they can slowly and progressively get better at... Something to challenge themselves on, even if the quest is easy to complete for them by now. There's something to generally improve on there.

I normally have my issues with balance in terms of melees with Hu sub but here it just feels like they're doing their best to be jerks to them(similar to the current LQ...seriously... you create a problem and just make problems for them rather than finding solutions). Chrome and Gal just love tossing around bodies that are constantly kept alive via automatically received -mates and their sure will to survive.... made of iron. Made me glad I was on Hu main instead of...any other melee.

So yeah, I missed a few of these. It's not even good for exp. The only reason it would feel worth running is if you want 13* eggs of pets you actually want. It's a shame too, as it seems they made the drop rate for excubes higher than it's been as of late...

Shiyo
Jul 23, 2016, 07:25 PM
This EQ wouldn't bother me to the degree it does if the codes were at least something worthwhile. The only good one to me personally is Emp Rappy, which is uncommon and not worth doing a bad EQ for.

I really hope next week's EQ schedule is going to look better, it's incredibly upsetting PD got shafted the way it did for this garbage.
This is my main problem with this EQ. They took out actual good EQ's that give character progression for a completely fucking worthless piece of shit EQ. Even if the EQ was good, even if it was fun, it still has no value at all for character progression, so it should not be replacing ones that are MANDATORY FOR COLLECTION FILES AND AUSTERE.

They just fucked up big time by not adding a collection file to this piece of shit EQ while removing EQ's that you need for collection files.

What the hell are they thinking?

I personally know a few people who are just not going to log in entirely until this EQ is out of the rotation.

Sonichi
Jul 23, 2016, 07:33 PM
This is my main problem with this EQ. They took out actual good EQ's that give character progression for a completely fucking worthless piece of shit EQ. Even if the EQ was good, even if it was fun, it still has no value at all for character progression, so it should not be replacing ones that are MANDATORY FOR COLLECTION FILES AND AUSTERE.

They just fucked up big time by not adding a collection file to this piece of shit EQ while removing EQ's that you need for collection files.

What the hell are they thinking?

I personally know a few people who are just not going to log in entirely until this EQ is out of the rotation.

Aura Series (a current collect file) drop very commonly from Chrome/Haze Draal. Badges can be obtained for the Xie 2016 all class 13*s. Gal Spawns which gives access to his 13* series. Various bosses for various current collection files also spawn, for example Falz Hunar.

Emper embrace is also more obtainable/more affordable because of this EQ and is helpful for easier grinding of weapons, so it does have character progression value, it's just not for those who are interested in obtaining the very best. (This game does not require the very best so a large percent of players will settle with what is immediately obtainable and rewarding). Yes it is not a great EQ, and no it shouldn't have replaced PD, but hey Yamato shouldn't have replaced TD4 but it still did and there's nothing that will change until Beach Wars is gone.

Then begins Hallowee- I mean spooky tokyo simulator 2016. To remove even more important schedule only quests.

Just to also note, for when there aren't EQs there is the currently running LQ, which also provides most of the above + ways to buy materials to obtain the better series (Orbit/Austere).

Just another thing to add onto the "mandatory for collection files" bit: people have stated that it's possible to complete PD's tile in the Ray series file with just 4 completions, so as long as there is a minimum of 4 PDs a week (cooldown periods mean you'd probably end up having a "wasted" PD anyways). It only hurts austere, and for all their effort and time they take, they are more than worth it, so I don't think complaining about it becoming "harder" or "slower" has any meaning, when the top series really is untouchable in terms of their performance.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 23, 2016, 08:43 PM
Tbh, due to this EQ I feel like I don't have a reason to login. Might as well just take a break and enjoy other games or do something else instead. Sega fucked up big time this year's Beach War. It was bad last year and it got worst. The fact that they took Tokyo's spawning system killed my interest. It's not a fun EQ for me.

Shiyo
Jul 23, 2016, 10:13 PM
Tbh, due to this EQ I feel like I don't have a reason to login. Might as well just take a break and enjoy other games or do something else instead. Sega fucked up big time this year's Beach War. It was bad last year and it got worst. The fact that they took Tokyo's spawning system killed my interest. It's not a fun EQ for me.

Yeah I'm seeing this opinion expressed by lots of people lately. Beach wars, and how it pushed off actual meaningful EQ's, has made people just not want to even log into the game.

When you add content that makes people not want to log in anymore because it pushes off other content, you've fucked up big time.

Dammy
Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 AM
you dont get the point guys , this EQ is good for fodders , because almost everything is NT there , including Emper Embrace
do you use RDR boosters ? there plenty of rares , especially during burst ( why quit it , lol )
also , 13* pets as common drops

and im sure PD is gonna be back soon , because Vopar can appear randomly , not just schedule

Daku
Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 AM
Yeah I'm seeing this opinion expressed by lots of people lately. Beach wars, and how it pushed off actual meaningful EQ's, has made people just not want to even log into the game.

When you add content that makes people not want to log in anymore because it pushes off other content, you've fucked up big time.

I can relate, while someone mentioned the LQ as a way to continue your character progress I can't honestly agree or defend Sega for replacing most of the schedule for this just because we can get badges via LQ, like... no. This EQ has literally replaced a majority of TD4 much needed for Torana and the PD needed for Austere... which is bad. I don't care if I can get one stone with 2 to 4 runs, I also want a few PDs to give 6 stones an occurrence because the LQ is absolutely boring to run a dozen or more times a day. Where PD is actually pretty fun to run, as well as Neros with any luck.

Yamato and this does really show how flawed EQ scheduling since Sega is always far too aggressive with trying to make players run the latest EQ to an extent I feel even if a new EQ that was absolutely amazing was released, people would be sick of it by the next week.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 12:58 AM
It's honestly just more a reason why schedule only EQ's shouldn't offer character progression.

Oh look TD is replaced by a shitty seasonal event that has nothing of value in it outside of "fodder" which you can easily and reliable get from any fucking content in the game. Now obtaining my orbit is delayed by a lot!

Oh look PD is replaced by a shitty seasonal EQ, that again, has nothing of value outside of fucking "fodder", meaning I might not even be able to complete my 60 element ray's I want to finish before the collection file GOES AWAY FOREVER. Oh I also have to delay my austere, because less PD's. Yay!

It just shows more reasons why EQ's cock blocking you out of character progression is SHIT.

pkemr4
Jul 24, 2016, 01:10 AM
got 13* torim im free from this hell.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 24, 2016, 01:12 AM
Can anyone find out if JP's has the same complaint as us with Beach War and it's terrible scheduling pushing other meaningful EQ's out of the list being legit? If it's just us then our complain doesn't hold a lot of meaning really.

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 01:14 AM
EQ has been related to "character progression" since it first came out, if EQ related weapons are what you mean by character progression. When people have been wanting rare drops from Dark Falz, their chance to get it depends on the number of that EQ. Same goes to other EQ related items.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2016, 01:15 AM
Like I said a while ago, they are going to eventually run out of slots to schedule shit.
Because they decided to focus so heavily on schedule-only EQ nonsense.

Dammy
Jul 24, 2016, 01:38 AM
Like I said a while ago, they are going to eventually run out of slots to schedule shit.

exactly

KazukiQZ
Jul 24, 2016, 02:48 AM

Well, trigger quest is here for covering that problem, but it's poorly implemented, imo. Requiring heavy sum of SG and WILL INSTANTLY kicks 11 other players off the quest if the trigger owner leave mid-quest for whatever reason (be it Leave party or got disconnected)

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2016, 02:55 AM
lol, Code Protection with crystals can happen here. And I thought Avoid was bad for eating time.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 03:11 AM
EQ has been related to "character progression" since it first came out, if EQ related weapons are what you mean by character progression. When people have been wanting rare drops from Dark Falz, their chance to get it depends on the number of that EQ. Same goes to other EQ related items.

Falz was "playing the lotto".
Everyone else grinded their 9 star lambdas to +40 , 50 elemented them, affixed them, and called it a day.

Then we did AQ's for weapons, then we did XQ's for weapons.

In episode 2 we bought 10 stars with shop passes(or 11) and then grinded them to 50 element /+40. BIS weapons were generally from XQ's as well. That was our character progression. No EQ nonsense, EQ's were a "Break from the monotony/grind" and just some fun quests that randomly happened. They were cool. I liked how EQ's were.

Character progression was never EQ's ep1-2 as far as I remember. I didn't play EP3, like at all, so I'm just stating how it is NOW. Collection files and orbit weapons and austere all require schedule only EQ's to obtain(are tds schedule only?).

Dammy
Jul 24, 2016, 03:11 AM
crystals is almost guaranteed full cross , which can get you a lot of rares, considering drop rate in this eq

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2016, 03:16 AM
I have 11k cubes in bank, I don't give a single whit about field drops. Literally the only thing I step foot in this EQ for is the 13* Torim (Chrome) and an excuse to see everyone in their bathing suits. Emper Rappy is so rare that even that's not really a compelling reason for me.

oratank
Jul 24, 2016, 03:28 AM
well i got 13* wanda and torim from trash mob they are field drop

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2016, 03:37 AM
Interesting, but I'd still rather not sacrifice a run for a PSE Burst. The odds of Chrome Dragon, or better, Haze Draal dropping the egg are much better than an area drop. Next time the quest comes up, notice how many more Torims than Wandas have dropped.

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 04:08 AM
Everyone else grinded their 9 star lambdas to +40 , 50 elemented them, affixed them, and called it a day.

In episode 2 we bought 10 stars with shop passes(or 11) and then grinded them to 50 element /+40. BIS weapons were generally from XQ's as well. That was our character progression. No EQ nonsense, EQ's were a "Break from the monotony/grind" and just some fun quests that randomly happened. They were cool. I liked how EQ's were.

Character progression was never EQ's ep1-2 as far as I remember. I didn't play EP3, like at all, so I'm just stating how it is NOW. Collection files and orbit weapons and austere all require schedule only EQ's to obtain(are tds schedule only?).

You can get Austere or Orbit without ever doing an EQ or even Ultimate, what are you on about? It will take a long time but so did the old XQ weapons.

Then you have tons of other 13*s or even 12*s to hold you over before getting Austere/Orbit, those of which don't need any EQ and can be obtained at any time. Revolutio/Nox weapons are super easy to get and are basically Ep4's version of buyable 10/11*s, which don't need premium to get at all. I don't see how this is a bad thing or anything different to how it used to be, it's just more streamlined and obvious now.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 04:48 AM
Austere and orbit both require stones from EQ's.

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 04:55 AM
Austere and orbit both require stones from EQ's.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?交換ショップ%2Fバッヂ&メモリ交換ショップ#x979c7c7

I wonder what it's like complaining about things you know nothing about.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 04:57 AM
Wow, aren't you such a nice person!

Linking a stone exchange does not prove "Austere and orbit require stones from EQ's" wrong at all, they still do. What was the point of your rude remark? To make yourself look cool on the internet?

5 per odin LQ on XH, 20 per stone. Odin LQ is actually hell on earth and not fun or interesting at all(also dead content already), so yeah, not a good alternative at all.

I'm aware of the exchange, it's very slow and beyond grindy to the point where you're better off just doing EQ's even if you don't set a schedule around them.

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:03 AM
You brought the old XQ weapons into this, I gave you something that takes roughly the same time as they did back on release. I'm sure the 4 PDs this week is totally faster than just grinding the LQ for the stones. You said that EQs are required but they are not and now you are backpedaling and saying that they 'might as well be required' just because you don't like the speed of the grind.

Austere is barely as strong as XQ weapons were back then. XQ weapons could be a 20% damage increase for some classes if they got them fast enough by buying passes from other players whereas Austere now is only about 6% stronger at the very most or can be weaker than some 12*s (!) with Ultimate Buster on PD. It's not something that is as important as the old weapons were back then.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:09 AM
Yes, I know there's options(gold badge farming for stones is NOT one of those options)
The point was, there wasn't any locked behind EQ options back then at all.

Saffran
Jul 24, 2016, 05:10 AM
toragyo > 120 000 8000 gold badges for an austere is not a realistic goal.

sorry about the first numbers.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:16 AM
Oh yeah, guess what option is the fastest for farming badges?

EQ!

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:31 AM
You needed 136 XQ passes to buy a weapon without any rare floors but let's be generous and wipe off 36 days if we include them in, that is still 100 passes that were only given once per day unless SEGA handed out a couple for campaigns. You also couldn't really farm for them any time other than boost weeks because you would risk getting less than 99 stones on your set of floors.

You need 4000 Gold badges for 200 Caligura (not sure where you're getting 120,000) and everything else can be done outside of EQs, will also double it since you probably want 60 element so 8000 Gold badges. Odin LQ on XH gives 5 badges and say you do 10 per day (a few hours on a non-dead ship), you will get enough stones after 160 days. Yes, this is longer but this is only taking the Odin LQ in consideration and doing PD will speed up your progress but it is not required and yes, this is a tedious grind but the whole point I am arguing is that you are not required to do EQs, they simply speed up the process.

Odin LQ also has been one of the worst LQs in terms of badges, the old ones could give 10-15 per run (not even including Silver badges) for the same amount of time which could very well come back as a Level-Up Quest as they have before. If they do come back, you could very well get a 60 element Austere in less than 2 months.

I have been playing since Episode 1 release, thanks for asking.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:38 AM
What character progression was locked behind EQ's only in EP1-2?
Nothing.
What character progression is in EP4?
Ray collection files 100%, orbit and austere to a lesser extent.
That's the entire point.

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:53 AM
All of Elder's 12*s and 11*s if you weren't premium. Elysion, Niren Kamui and Psycho Wand were all BiS weapons for a long time. Then you had the PP reduction 11*s from TD1 which I remember people wanting for TA and all the Elder 11*s like Guld Milla, Nasuyoteri etc. Luther's and TD2/3's drops later on as well.

There are only a few series of 13*s that are locked behind EQs and they aren't even BiS. Pretending that stuff wasn't gated by EQs before isn't going to help.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:56 AM
All of Elder's 12*s and 11*s if you weren't premium. Elysion, Niren Kamui and Psycho Wand were all BiS weapons for a long time. Then you had the PP reduction 11*s from TD1 which I remember people wanting for TA and all the Elder 11*s like Guld Milla, Nasuyoteri etc. Luther's and TD2/3's drops later on as well.

There are only a few series of 13*s that are locked behind EQs and they aren't even BiS. Pretending that stuff wasn't gated by EQs before isn't going to help.

In episode 2 we bought 10 stars with shop passes(or 11) and then grinded them to 50 element /+40. BIS weapons were generally from XQ's as well.

Already covered that(ep2 XQ 11 stars were really easy with full clear + title rewards and buyable passes with excubes).

toragyo
Jul 24, 2016, 05:58 AM
Then what is the issue? You still have the same sort of progression.

Instead of 9* Lambda weapons or buyable 10*s, you have stuff like Seiga, Ideal or Revolutio.

Those title rewards with the XQ stones weren't in the game when they first released the weapons.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 06:07 AM
What character progression was locked behind EQ's only in EP1-2?
Nothing.
What character progression is in EP4?
Ray collection files 100%, orbit and austere to a lesser extent.
That's the entire point.

Already covered it.

Sonichi
Jul 24, 2016, 07:11 AM
Already covered it.

I really think you should give up. Your case seems like a "I want it and I want it NOW" scenario. Denying someone elses well founded information. Did you know there are many people who farmed 8000 badges for their extra austeres in a couple of weeks? Yes the LQs were better but those people were prepared to achieve their goal rather than complain that it wasn't "fair".

For someone who pushes "people need to work hard at games and stop being shit" you sure do complain about almost everything that actually requires work. This game is currently balanced and designed around the use of 12*s, if Austere is too much effort for you, any other easily obtained NT still over-performs for the content. Please stop complaining about literally everything just because you have little-to-no updated knowledge on how the game is. Times have changed, SEGA saw it necessary to make things EQ gated to make them "fair" for all Japanese players. :-)

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 07:32 AM

Now this is why I think you don't understand what I mean. You do know the weapons in the collection files can traditionally be dropped from the bosses right? Aura ray seiga they are all can be dropped from the EQ only quests. So basically this episode we got an extra way to get these items. Now, even without these, people still can get other decent items to progress from the shop equal to how we used to with lambda weapons back in episode 1-2. It's no different, in fact, this episode is way more generous on these things already, regardless of character progression.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 07:43 AM
You are not understanding. We did not have weapons that REQUIRED EQ only stones in ep 1 and 2. Orbit/austere type of weapons did not exist at all. Those are two types of weapons that basically require EQ's. On top of that, we have collection file ONLY schedule ONLY eq's. That's three weapon types locked behind EQ's(you can argue farming for badges but no, that isn't a viable alternative at all).

EP1-2 had AQ's, XQ's, premium, and 9 star lambdas. The EQ only weapons were either purchasable later on from the visiphone for reasonable prices, or were so rare that they weren't even considered an option or something most people tried to obtain, just a fun bonus to work towards.

EP1-2: Zero schedule only EQ weapons to work towards.

EP4: Austere, orbit, ray. Three.

I mean, it's a pretty common complaint that people are not happy about collection files and stuff being locked behind EQ's, so I'm not sure why I have to explain it.

Sonichi
Jul 24, 2016, 07:47 AM
But there were EQ stone only weapons in Ep1-2. There were also many alternatives not bound to EQs, just like now.

The collect files are designed so you can get at least 1 of the weapons a week, and the files last for many many months. What is the issue here?

You can't use the excuse "I can't make it to all of the EQs" because this game is for the Japanese players, not whatever timezone you might be in. So it's just hard luck on that front I'm afraid.

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 08:16 AM
You are not understanding. We did not have weapons that REQUIRED EQ only stones in ep 1 and 2. Orbit/austere type of weapons did not exist at all. Those are two types of weapons that basically require EQ's. On top of that, we have collection file ONLY schedule ONLY eq's. That's three weapon types locked behind EQ's(you can argue farming for badges but no, that isn't a viable alternative at all).

EP1-2 had AQ's, XQ's, premium, and 9 star lambdas. The EQ only weapons were either purchasable later on from the visiphone for reasonable prices, or were so rare that they weren't even considered an option or something most people tried to obtain, just a fun bonus to work towards.

EP1-2: Zero schedule only EQ weapons to work towards.

EP4: Austere, orbit, ray. Three.

I mean, it's a pretty common complaint that people are not happy about collection files and stuff being locked behind EQ's, so I'm not sure why I have to explain it.

Orbit and austere can drop from its respective EQ. Same goes to those twin kamui and orochi agito to its only EQ, DF elder. There were no stones for those. Now there are stones for orbit and austere, and we can also get them from drops.

Did you even really play those episodes? You cant even buy 10*s back then. They slowly added tickets later.

Schedule only or not is not related, again, to character progression, unless, againn, you are talking specifically to item drops from these EQs as your character progression which has exactly no relation to overall character progression. Others can still get other weapon just like in eps 1 and 2.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 08:24 AM
Orbit and austere can drop from its respective EQ. Same goes to those twin kamui and orochi agito to its only EQ, DF elder. There were no stones for those. Now there are stones for orbit and austere, and we can also get them from drops.

Did you even really play those episodes? You cant even buy 10*s back then. They slowly added tickets later.

Schedule only or not is not related, again, to character progression, unless, againn, you are talking specifically to item drops from these EQs as your character progression which has exactly no relation to overall character progression. Others can still get other weapon just like in eps 1 and 2.

In episode 2 we bought 10 stars with shop passes(or 11) and then grinded them to 50 element /+40. BIS weapons were generally from XQ's as well.

Already covered the first part about falz. To add to it, yes, they can drop, but have you seen how many drop per month on your ship? It's like..2 or something for austere. You also need to 60 element, and they're worthless piles of shit if not 60 elemented. Which is why people used 50 element lambdas in ep1.

The second part, I don't think you understand at all what I'm saying for some reason? If your character progression relies on getting ray(as its your BIS) or orbit(again, maybe its your BIS) or austere(generally BIS), and you want to get them, your character progression is COMPLETELY locked(or essentially locked for orbit/austere) behind schedule only EQ's.

Honestly, I'm tired of repeating myself in different ways over and over. It gets tiring.

Sonichi
Jul 24, 2016, 08:31 AM
I think their main problem is that scheduled-only EQs exist? We've had an EQ schedule since late in ep1 when Elder was still The Big Thing. There's no real reason to restrict certain EQs to be scheduled only. Having them pop up randomly like all the others would be nice and offer more chances to more people. The schedule isn't exactly kind to its own citizens who happen to work the night shift and only have time to play during hours considered odd by the majority. Combine with the fact they usually keep certain EQs for certain hours instead of switching it up.... yeah, a chunk of their adult audience is missing out each and every day just because they have non-standard (and probably thankless) jobs.
If the concern is the lesser EQs not showing up as often... ... Well.... nobody runs those anyway. Get rid of them.

Schedule only was made because JPs frequently complained that certain ships got way more Magatsu than others.

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 08:36 AM
Then back to my first post. If you refer your character progression, that trouble has been here since episode 1-2. People have dying for drops from EQ only items where the EQ may be non existent or lessened cause of new EQs, where now things are actually easier now with more features to get them through stones and collection file. This issue isn't new. It's been like this, in fact, right now it's better.

Selphea
Jul 24, 2016, 08:44 AM
All they really need to do is convert Slave and Nemesis to permanent NT Collection Files and make Slave/Nem use NT grinding. Yes their pot is garbo but hey welfare.

Saffran
Jul 24, 2016, 09:44 AM
Toragyo > I wanted to write 12 000 then saw that I'd written 120k and then realized it was wrong to begin with. I was still editing when you replied apparently.
The reason I asked how long you've been playing is because quite frankly, 8000 badges seems a bit ridiculous. You'd need some hardcore grind to get them.

And that's only for 1 Austere...
Which reminds me, I am in dire need of Lambda Grinders...

Daku
Jul 24, 2016, 10:11 AM
Toragyo > I wanted to write 12 000 then saw that I'd written 120k and then realized it was wrong to begin with. I was still editing when you replied apparently.
The reason I asked how long you've been playing is because quite frankly, 8000 badges seems a bit ridiculous. You'd need some hardcore grind to get them.

And that's only for 1 Austere...
Which reminds me, I am in dire need of Lambda Grinders...

As someone else noted to, this LQ is actually one of the worse ones for badge grinding. The difficulty pretty much requires you to use a Fo/Te to get over the heal nerf, and MPAs before I got sick of it primarily consisted of just that class in fact, of course for a very good reason. And even then the payout is honestly really weak compared to alot of easier past LQs I think the most I got was 9 badges on a 250 as my 'best' run, it was more than likely 5-8.

LQ is not a replacement for a lack of a proper schedule I don't care who says you can use LQ to grind the stones in defense of Sega and their awful scheduling, LQ grinding is more of a 'buffer'. You can keep saying LQ can make up for it, but it literally doesn't and never can, while I could no life LQ all day for an austere if I wanted that gets extremely boring and there are better LQs Sega could have put into cycle for this week that do give more badges per run that also ask for less effort than Odin... being blunt, I would like to be dodging visbolts and gel wuffs for a gold badge again instead of fight another Odin... I didn't even run it that much and I'm absolutely sick of this LQ.

To my knowledge the Beach Wars EQ didn't even get a Dio Hunar spawn that could've dropped some caligula and potentially made it more tolerable, even the joke of a easter EQ had that and then some.

Madevil
Jul 24, 2016, 11:24 AM
I was thinking of getting a orbit DB from grinding 2016 gold badges,
that would be 1800 badges to exchange one from Zieg, but it comes with only 30 elemental grinding, so I would need 3600 freaking badges
I can imagine how boring this process would be, but I still gave it a shot

but now I'm kind of stuck at 1400 because it's so hard to find a full pack of players to hit the road... seriously, even sometimes happened on line 17 (the first XH channel on ship 10). this Odin quest is so badly designed and people got really fed up... but I wonder does SEGA got the message? does anyone know how's the reaction on 2CH?

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 11:44 AM

Keep doing it. Be grateful you can even get those orbit through that gold badges when it shouldn't be.

--

Honestly guys, seriously, do you guys even remember how hard it was to farm rares from the ones in the EQ before stones and gold badges ever exist? even non-scheduled got packed by new EQ that they are reduced. EQ in the first place, scheduled or not scheduled, were already an issue. If you complain about the run being limited per EQ like this Yamato and Magatsu and PD and whatever limited EQ, I get it. But "get it" in terms of how many runs you can manage, and that's it.

Farming thousands of stones and gold badges to get a 13* were a freaking huge privilege, and those useless slaves (13* slave weapons) were used to upgrade Ares when you can't drop them at all to max its element. Now, 2016 gold badges, can even get the freaking stones for freaking good 13*s! You don't need even get to the EQ to get those stones! 2015 gold badges did NOT do that! yet people farm thousands of them back then to max their 13*s!

If you guys still complaining how freaking hard it is to get the 13*s for their "character progression", I really don't know what to say.
Just because this off-season EQ comes up, people are crying over it like PD is not even scheduled anymore. Good lord.

Sonichi
Jul 24, 2016, 11:52 AM
Keep doing it. Be grateful you can even get those orbit through that gold badges when it shouldn't be.

--

Honestly guys, seriously, do you guys even remember how hard it was to farm rares from the ones in the EQ before stones and gold badges ever exist? even non-scheduled got packed by new EQ that they are reduced. EQ in the first place, scheduled or not scheduled, were already an issue. If you complain about the run being limited per EQ like this Yamato and Magatsu and PD and whatever limited EQ, I get it. But "get it" in terms of how many runs you can manage, and that's it.

Farming thousands of stones and gold badges to get a 13* were a freaking huge privilege, and those useless slaves (13* slave weapons) were used to upgrade Ares when you can't drop them at all to max its element. Now, 2016 gold badges, can even get the freaking stones for freaking good 13*s! You don't need even get to the EQ to get those stones! 2015 gold badges did NOT do that! yet people farm thousands of them back then to max their 13*s!

If you guys still complaining how freaking hard it is to get the 13*s for their "character progression", I really don't know what to say.
Just because this off-season EQ comes up, people are crying over it like PD is not even scheduled anymore. Good lord.

Still exactly 1 month to obtain Rays before the sheets go too, if you already started a Ray then it's more than enough time by now to have it +35.. If you didn't well... At least I hope you have a +32 Ray.

Daku
Jul 24, 2016, 12:42 PM
I was thinking of getting a orbit DB from grinding 2016 gold badges,
that would be 1800 badges to exchange one from Zieg, but it comes with only 30 elemental grinding, so I would need 3600 freaking badges

but now I'm kind of stuck at 1400 because it's so hard to find a full pack of players to hit the road... seriously, even sometimes happened on line 17 (the first XH channel on ship 10). this Odin quest is so badly designed and people got really fed up... but I wonder does SEGA got the message? does anyone know how's the reaction on 2CH?

That's how it's been here as well even in Ship 2, the parties are beginning beginning to die off. There was at least 3 semi filled MPAs last night at 3 4 and 2 last night on 17 alone, which implies people left one MPA hoping to catch another forming one by re-trying their luck. I haven't even been able to get into a run at all, last full 12 I could scoop up was pre-beach wars patch. The last LQ we had even if it was a bit of visbolt and wuff hell had consistant MPAs even outside of 17, if we still had that LQ I'd be more inclined to agree with these "Just play LQ for your 13*" post, but as it stands.

This is why I don't believe LQ remotely makes up for the lack of PD/TD4 in the schedule for this week by any means, nobody wants to run LQ right now which is a fact that is flying over a few too many people's heads. I'm not even complaining because of the lack of PD directly personally, I knew very well Sega would slather too much Beach Wars somewhere, they always do. What I'm complaining about is how poorly beach wars stacks up to last year's incarnation and past seasonal EQs. As I mentioned, we don't even get a Dio Hunar and all of note we really got is Emperor Rappy. Gal Gryphon doesn't impress me one bit and I'm probably one of the people not even remotely annoyed they insist his 13* should be absolutely locked behind seasonal EQ spawns.

I really would rather we didn't have a seasonal if what we have now is just an EQ that can't even spawn it's mobs right.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2016, 07:16 PM
People used to transfer ships just to take advantage of random EQs.
Anyway I'm not saying random EQ was any better. I think the whole EQ system is shit. Most people do.
A huge portion of PSO2's content is tied to EQs, and EQs are either random or scheduled. You can only wait.
It's dripfeeding, and it sucks.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2016, 07:19 PM
Lobby and EQ system have been holding this game back since ep1.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 24, 2016, 08:29 PM
I think I'm literally the only person who likes (the concept) of EQs... I would rather not spend 10+ hours in the same dungeon every day for months just to get these things... Because either way they would set it up so it takes the same amount of days for people to get it really ._.; The hardcore would only get it maybe a week earlier...

I would rather spend 20 minutes on it on a day than dedicate my life to getting the dang things .w.; Plus there's something more exciting about having quests that are not always there, so I don't get insanely bored of them with those daily, multiple hours of grinding or .00001% chance of a drop. Just look at LQ and the badge system... it's pretty much what you would get if it wasn't for this system... at least that's how I feel.

Also since people need to do it at that time, parties are always there... .w.;

I just think the problem is them not scheduling anything well at all... It's especially bad when they keep adding way too many without really toning down the ones we don't need.

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 08:54 PM
I think I'm literally the only person who likes (the concept) of EQs... I would rather not spend 10+ hours in the same dungeon every day for months just to get these things... Because either way they would set it up so it takes the same amount of days for people to get it really ._.; The hardcore would only get it maybe a week earlier...

I would rather spend 20 minutes on it on a day than dedicate my life to getting the dang things .w.; Plus there's something more exciting about having quests that are not always there, so I don't get insanely bored of them with those daily, multiple hours of grinding or .00001% chance of a drop. Just look at LQ and the badge system... it's pretty much what you would get if it wasn't for this system... at least that's how I feel.

Also since people need to do it at that time, parties are always there... .w.;

I just think the problem is them not scheduling anything well at all... It's especially bad when they keep adding way too many without really toning down the ones we don't need.

No you're not of course. There are others who enjoy such concept. It's just they're not vocal here nor care about this community that's been spoiled for long they complained too freaking much.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 24, 2016, 09:03 PM
No you're not of course. There are others who enjoy such concept. It's just they're not vocal here nor care about this community that's been spoiled for long they complained too freaking much.

IDK... I feel like everywhere I go to read about it, not just here, it's a common complaint. But I can see why they're livid. I'm not saying I feel like they're wrong or arrogant, just that I feel like it's still a positive thing, just done poorly. People just want to be able to get that last percent on the collection sheet or get those last few stones, and EQ schedule says narp.

I imagine if things like Progeny were random they could get more in .w.; Seasonal EQs need to also slow down and just because an EQ is new doesn't mean it should be every single day knocking things like TD and progeny down to next to nothing... Maybe they need a vote system but also guarantee TD4 and progeny every other day... with a morning and night one each of those days.

SteveCZ
Jul 24, 2016, 09:25 PM
IDK... I feel like everywhere I go to read about it, not just here, it's a common complaint. But I can see why they're livid. I'm not saying I feel like they're wrong or arrogant, just that I feel like it's still a positive thing, just done poorly. People just want to be able to get that last percent on the collection sheet or get those last few stones, and EQ schedule says narp.

I imagine if things like Progeny were random they could get more in .w.; Seasonal EQs need to also slow down and just because an EQ is new doesn't mean it should be every single day knocking things like TD and progeny down to next to nothing... Maybe they need a vote system but also guarantee TD4 and progeny every other day... with a morning and night one each of those days.

Of course it's not just here, but that doesn't mean it's everyone, LOL.

I don't know why you think they're wrong or arrogant though, no one says that. It's just people have difference in preference, but that differences come with consequences. I really don't mind if they don't like EQ system, same goes to those who do like it. Some just can't accept the consequences like a man, and that's when things get rough.

Daku
Jul 24, 2016, 09:31 PM
The lack of random progenies/yamato/magatsu is just... less exciting in general.

I did like it before when say... Random magatsu out of nowhere was a thing. It was great a well paying EQ could randomly play out of nowhere and made it more fun to wait for EQs, but now pretty much every random EQ is trash that wastes time. Anything good is is at 7PM/9PM if Sega scheduled smart, maybe an occasional 3PM goody, but otherwise I feel like I can ignore all the random trash that isn't Falz Arm's EXP grab-bag. And it's really just... weak and really kills a system with potential right at the gate.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 24, 2016, 09:36 PM
I do wish the seasonal EQ was kind of purely random at this point .w.; It's not like anyone NEEDS it to get certain...usable....gear. Just need to schedule things we need instead .w.; They created a system that is reliant on certain things and we're not given them lol.

kurokyosuke
Jul 24, 2016, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know the song that comes up when Patty n' Tiea show up?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 25, 2016, 02:52 AM
Remove BW4, add more PD/Mag/TD4 or Yamato, prob solved

Feels good to skip this EQ tho, feels just as good as skipping Nab/Lilipa/Ama EQ's too

Saffran
Jul 25, 2016, 07:32 AM
EQs make a lot of sense in the PSO2 world. It's just that most players don't care for it.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
the current EQ system wasn't even emergency in the first place because of stupid schedule only, I don't even know what makes it have any sense.

Zephyrion
Jul 25, 2016, 10:25 AM
The EQ system is nice, but would just need better scheduling, and more fine-tuning. I'm okay with the current system and wouldn't complain that much about it, I'd just like
- more "surprise" quests, that is important/thrilling EQs (TDs, bosses and other things) happening a bit more often, just to give back this sense of "emergency" that is kinda lost now. I'm pretty sure people would complain on missing this or that EQ because not scheduled though, this is more of a personal thing

-more variety in EQ pool : some EQs are non-existent nowadays, or spammed periodically, then disappear (mothership EQ and Kuron/Shiron being the prime offenders) and that's kinda sad

- more availability time would be the easiest way to go : limited runs for every EQs (which holds true for most EQs already, you would have to limit the remaining ones) and make them available for 1 hour or more,depending on quest and number of possible runs. People would be less "rush rush rush" and everybody could get max runs : going fast would just be extra time for yourself in or out of the game. I feel like rushing annoys everybody : "casual" players can't do things at their own pace, and "serious" players would be less annoyed at slower mpas !

But that's just rambling anyway,one can just hope for that kind of adjustment someday :)

Loveless62
Jul 25, 2016, 10:26 AM
PS was scheduled more because it was the new hotness. Now Beach Wars is the new "hotness" (in quotes kek) so it is getting more schedule time. This has put us in the middle of a somewhat brutal transition. Hopefully It will get a little less schedule time during boost week (although I could still use more 13* eggs personally).

Dammy
Jul 25, 2016, 10:27 AM
yeah , imagine Magatsu on phone call , telling ARKS where is he going to attack next

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 10:51 AM
- more availability time would be the easiest way to go : limited runs for every EQs (which holds true for most EQs already, you would have to limit the remaining ones) and make them available for 1 hour or more,depending on quest and number of possible runs. People would be less "rush rush rush" and everybody could get max runs : going fast would just be extra time for yourself in or out of the game. I feel like rushing annoys everybody : "casual" players can't do things at their own pace, and "serious" players would be less annoyed at slower mpas !

1 hour time would be nice for something like TD, where success is based on actually playing well(giving people room for error...incase of poor play or just poor MPA full of people who are not really there to play the game, just grab items they don't actually work for), or bosses, where we only get one entry. For something like Magatsu, it would make it another tedious grind rather than anything exciting where you have to "get gud" to get rewards...to clear faster with in the short time. The game already babies people enough, this is one thing that it shouldn't. Difficult/fun things to do > tedious grind.

Of course, I would be happy if they added multiple runs to things like progeny to give people some reason to try a little bit, even if it's so easy for even bad parties to get it done in under 30 minutes. There's at least a sense of possible failure...at least on the first run.

In other words, people should be rewarded for doing well, not everyone be given a trophy for existing.

yeah , imagine Magatsu on phone call , telling ARKS where is he going to attack next
/insert image of Magatsu's head(...or one of them...) on Dr Evil that I was too lazy to make

"I'm gonna hold Harkotan ransom for....

1 million meseta!"

Saffran
Jul 25, 2016, 11:13 AM
The whole concept of "emergencies" makes sense in PSO2. So EQs make sense.
What doesn't make sense is the whole "scheduled *only*" part. If a Progeny is scheduled at 11 PM on Monday, it shouldn't mean that Progeny will never appear outisde of this one slot.

Plus let's be real, emergencies should be one try only regardless of the quest. It's in the name, really. Maybe I'm too hardcore.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 12:16 PM
Well, if there's a riot in a city, I don't think the swat would just suddenly back down because they ran out of tear gas :U

"We sure did try, better luck next time!"

"But this state of emergency is still happening! Shouldn't you go back out there?!"

"Nah, I already gave it ONE try."

Plus that would be rude to anyone who DCs or the like. People could also be trolls and kick some one out of party midway after starting and there would be no chance to start again for those people, etc.

Though I do feel like being able to return to campship and go back in is too much still. If everyone fails clone DPS check or diced into tiny bits for Loser's evening salad, it should count as a fail. There's no sense of emergency if it feels like you can just keep slamming yourself against a wall till it cracks...

Great Pan
Jul 25, 2016, 07:01 PM
More PD/Yamato/TD. Less this beach shit. I want to komplete Collect Files!

Saffran
Jul 25, 2016, 11:21 PM
Yeah, one try, but like, the result screen would be the actual flag.

pkemr4
Jul 25, 2016, 11:48 PM
if only the couger NXs fucking hp wasnt so god damn bloated. if you get two 3x nx codes your fucked out of 3 runs

Rakurai
Jul 26, 2016, 02:52 AM
I wish they'd either add worthwhile drops to Cougar or give it a weak point.

It just feels like a huge waste of time regardless of where it shows up.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 26, 2016, 03:30 AM
Same with Knight Gear, every collab bosses feels like a pain to fight bloated with pointless drops.

Xaeris
Jul 26, 2016, 03:33 AM
Double Cougar codes in my first run, along with several dead pings. Missed the third by like thirty seconds. This EQ just makes me feel tired and cheated. I really want 13* Torim, but this just isn't worth it.

Shiyo
Jul 26, 2016, 08:11 AM
Using wired lance made this EQ fun for me

milranduil
Jul 26, 2016, 01:19 PM
if only the couger NXs fucking hp wasnt so god damn bloated. if you get two 3x nx codes your fucked out of 3 runs

they're title lv 1 version not 2 like the lilipa EQ versions. their hp is fine...

Dammy
Jul 26, 2016, 02:24 PM
got crystals code in this EQ today
yeah , it sucks , forgot there no other PSE , only costume one
cougars hp is fine , its their phase change mechanics which eats time

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2016, 06:05 AM
They nerfed this EQ, now basically nothing spawns..........

Why would they nerf the worst EQ ever to be even shittier?

It's even more boring now too, enjoy standing around for even longer periods with literally nothing to do.

What the fuck is this.
This isn't even playing a damn video game. This is garbage.

Flaoc
Jul 27, 2016, 06:55 AM
They nerfed this EQ, now basically nothing spawns..........

Why would they nerf the worst EQ ever to be even shittier?

It's even more boring now too, enjoy standing around for even longer periods with literally nothing to do.

What the fuck is this.
This isn't even playing a damn video game. This is garbage.

how is it nerfed? codes happen faster now.. had a 4 run eq '.'

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2016, 06:58 AM
how is it nerfed? codes happen faster now.. had a 4 run eq '.'
I didn't think about that, but yeah I'm wrong then.
I guess it's a buff for rewards at an extreme loss of any actual fun. You stand around 10x longer now because no enemies to hit unless a code pops...

Sonichi
Jul 27, 2016, 07:02 AM
I guess it's a buff for rewards at an extreme loss of any actual fun. You stand around 10x longer now because no enemies to hit unless a code pops...

For some people, obtaining items is the very pinnacle of fun. For others it's not.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 27, 2016, 07:16 PM
For some people, obtaining items is the very pinnacle of fun. For others it's not.

Sadly, the EQ only feels to be worth doing for rewards, not actually for fun .w.; I just hope the backlash makes Sega understand the Tokyo points are not the best.

NightlightPro
Jul 28, 2016, 04:37 PM
does any1 know the name of that tropical like bgm during the etrial involving Rheo Madullards?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 29, 2016, 12:02 AM
Sadly, the EQ only feels to be worth doing for rewards, not actually for fun .w.; I just hope the backlash makes Sega understand the Tokyo points are not the best.
Reminds me of TD, the cubes and Stones are the only things that matter. In between all that are shit players to get mad at for letting a tower get destroyed too fast

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2016, 03:47 AM
Dunno if they nerfed it as I didn't play it before this week.
Cleared 15 times and no eggs so far. Just two Gryphon weapons I didn't want (already maxed or already got a better weapon).

In general (not just this EQ, it happens in other places too) it's shitty when enemies only spawn one at a time on opposite sides of the area.
The entire multi has tomove across just to kill one guy, to get another one to spawn where they just came from, requiring them to move back, and then again, over and over.
Trickle dripfeed shittiness.

And then sometimes the EQ glitches and nothing spawns for about a minute or two, near the end of the quest.
Especially great if you have the genie buff about to run out. Could have used that rare drop bonus for the last two bosses.

Shiyo
Jul 29, 2016, 06:32 AM
I got an aura wand and torim 13 star egg, thanks loot pinata diablo2 cow levels wars.

KingSasuke
Jul 31, 2016, 10:01 PM
I am loving this quest 1 aura wire lace, 1 egg with the blue bird and 2 Gryphon weapons on 1 run.

sea1111
Jul 31, 2016, 11:31 PM
Pls play sammona.

Rakurai
Aug 1, 2016, 12:46 AM
Are the Torim eggs really that common compared to the others?

I've only gotten an Aura katana out of this so far.

TaigaUC
Aug 1, 2016, 01:32 AM
It said 20,000 on the drop list, it was the top drop by far.
I did the EQ a ton of times this week and got no 13 star eggs. Have to wonder if they stealth nerfed it.

Shiyo
Aug 1, 2016, 01:49 AM
I got a 13 star torim egg 2 or 3 days ago.
edit: Just got another one now :(

TaigaUC
Aug 2, 2016, 08:37 AM
This EQ sure likes being a huge asshole.
Yesterday, only got 2 runs because we had Cougar NX like 4 times in a row. What a huge waste of time.

Today, we had about 5 - 6 minutes left to spare, at 600 points... and after clearing enemy pack, nothing spawned for about a minute.
Then, no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Guess what? STILL no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Then still no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Finally, stupid Hunar spawns. At this point it's too late and EQ ended. Only two runs again.

At least I finally had an egg drop. Bet it's a Sari or something stupid.
I knew it. 13 star Wanda. Which I already have a ton of. Grr.

Skysever
Aug 3, 2016, 04:02 AM
There's a track that plays during one of the emergency codes that sounds like a remix of the Mothership theme. Anyone got that on hand?

Pso2 - SAVER or PSO2 - Mothership Depths?

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 04:20 AM
This EQ sure likes being a huge asshole.
Yesterday, only got 2 runs because we had Cougar NX like 4 times in a row. What a huge waste of time.

Today, we had about 5 - 6 minutes left to spare, at 600 points... and after clearing enemy pack, nothing spawned for about a minute.
Then, no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Guess what? STILL no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Then still no code. More enemies far away. Waste time running over, clear enemies, and then nothing spawned for about a minute again.
Finally, stupid Hunar spawns. At this point it's too late and EQ ended. Only two runs again.

At least I finally had an egg drop. Bet it's a Sari or something stupid.
I knew it. 13 star Wanda. Which I already have a ton of. Grr.
EQ's should be 1 hour duration, all have a limit to how many times you can run them, and you should be able to repeat them after the limit(with zero exp/loot drop rewards) to help others/fun/help friends etc.

Flaoc
Aug 3, 2016, 04:35 AM
to be fair before beach wars torim might as well have been the rarest pet to get high rarity on period

wefwq
Aug 3, 2016, 05:41 AM
EQ's should be 1 hour duration, all have a limit to how many times you can run them, and you should be able to repeatable them after the limit(with zero exp/loot drop rewards) to help others/fun/help friends etc.
Almost no one want to run chore if there's no carrot attached on the stick, extending EQ to 1 hour just mean pressing other EQ schedulle even more.

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2016, 05:58 PM
Pso2 - SAVER or PSO2 - Mothership Depths?
Nope, not those. It's the one that plays when Yumiko and Last Samurai are on the field.

It's not specific to the beach, either. Just whenever those two appear in an emergency trial.

Shu_or
Aug 11, 2016, 10:23 PM
It might have been posted already but the outrun songs are passing breeze, splash wave and magical sound shower.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 12, 2016, 10:32 AM
So I did tokyo and notice I still get occasional insane delays after clearing a pack. Happened at least 3 times in one solo free explore.

Is the same crap happening in beach wars? I'm about ready to drop tokyo DOs entirely out of annoyance and protest for this shitty spawn system.

Daku
Aug 13, 2016, 07:33 PM
So I did tokyo and notice I still get occasional insane delays after clearing a pack. Happened at least 3 times in one solo free explore.

Is the same crap happening in beach wars? I'm about ready to drop tokyo DOs entirely out of annoyance and protest for this shitty spawn system.

Sounds about right for beach wars actually.

Also if you really want to clear Tokyo DOs, anything but the bear DOs should complete in a somewhat timely manner in the Arks Quest Train suppression, the free explore is just flat out bad. Meanwhile train Suppression has nothing but set spawns that can abuse a DO like Zombie Nextties x99 in a snap.