PDA

View Full Version : Any news on running PSO2 under Linux/Wine?

tsunko
Jul 23, 2016, 03:00 PM
Hi, just wanted to say this is my first post, but I tend to lurk around here without an account.

As the title asks, is there any new news regarding running PSO2 under Linux (let alone Wine)? The last news, posted by AIDA back in 2013, was merely just running the game under a VM, which isn't exactly "optimal", but it's something I guess? I've gotten as far as GameGuard complaining about an error occurred and that it needs to send data, to which I happily decline.

I currently have my own patcher written in Java in order to download the game and using this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?210675-How-to-launch-PSO2-directly-after-Episode-2-(no-launcher!)) method of launching the game (thru Wine's cmd implementation).

edit: Just tried to run it thru CrossOver; failed to run because (again) of GameGuard.

Sirius-91
Jul 23, 2016, 04:26 PM
Hi, just wanted to say this is my first post, but I tend to lurk around here without an account.

As the title asks, is there any new news regarding running PSO2 under Linux (let alone Wine)? The last news, posted by AIDA back in 2013, was merely just running the game under a VM, which isn't exactly "optimal", but it's something I guess? I've gotten as far as GameGuard complaining about an error occurred and that it needs to send data, to which I happily decline.

I currently have my own patcher written in Java in order to download the game and using this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?210675-How-to-launch-PSO2-directly-after-Episode-2-(no-launcher!)) method of launching the game (thru Wine's cmd implementation).

edit: Just tried to run it thru CrossOver; failed to run because (again) of GameGuard.

It failed because GG can't send a proper heartbeat over wine.

tsunko
Jul 23, 2016, 05:42 PM
It failed because GG can't send a proper heartbeat over wine.

I thought it was because GG can't rootkit the OS because Wine support doesn't direct hardware access?

Sirius-91
Jul 23, 2016, 05:44 PM
I thought it was because GG can't rootkit the OS because Wine support doesn't direct hardware access?
That too.

tsunko
Jul 23, 2016, 05:49 PM
That too.

Ah, that sucks. Guess I'll just stick to VM emulation, might test out KVM/Xen w/ passthru enabled and report it back here or something.

Sirius-91
Jul 23, 2016, 06:13 PM
Ah, that sucks. Guess I'll just stick to VM emulation, might test out KVM/Xen w/ passthru enabled and report it back here or something.
Use the other thread instead of this one.