PDA

View Full Version : How to affix austere sword? What's the optimal way?

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 01:27 AM
There is a good affixing guide on fulldive.nu, but the recipe there is for +150 ATK and I heard that competive players use the +190 ATK affix, but can't find any information on it anywhere :( Can anybody please tell me the optimal way to do it?

Tunga
Jul 25, 2016, 01:57 AM
190 atk? Well all you need to do is bend and let dudu do the rest...

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 01:59 AM
hahaha, very funny! But seriously...

Tunga
Jul 25, 2016, 02:02 AM
hahaha, very funny! But seriously...

I am being serious... Go with 150 atk if that guide has it and call it a day (or 4s 125 atk). Also where did you hear that "competitive players use the +190 ATK affix" because you've been bamboozled.

oratank
Jul 25, 2016, 02:22 AM
cat mod atk5 xq noble feve doom abil muta2
50 30 40 20 25 10 15 15 15 220 wow is this possible?

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 02:28 AM
There is a video, which show 175 ATK affixing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvghmPNuna8

And it's told about 190 ATK in the description

nguuuquaaa
Jul 25, 2016, 02:28 AM
Modu + XQ + Doom + Muta II :wacko:
Sound like hell itself :wacko:

Flaoc
Jul 25, 2016, 02:35 AM
oh man mah 1% difference in damage

ArcaneTechs
Jul 25, 2016, 02:47 AM
Either 150/9 or 155/9 (if you dare feel the need for Atk 5) and just be happy with that but 190 atk lol RNGesus be with you and your wallet (do 8x affix)

Shiyo
Jul 25, 2016, 02:51 AM
I'd love to see the math behind how much of a percentage increase adding 100 attack is when you're sitting at ~3800.

TyroneSama
Jul 25, 2016, 03:02 AM
Keep in mind that Sword (and Hu/Fi in particular) has some of the highest raw SATK values in the game, so going full attack on gear may not be in your best interests. A little PP (or HP if you're low and plan on running PP Convert ring) can help your uptime tremendously, which can translate to more total output than a small attack increase.

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 03:05 AM
Keep in mind that Sword (and Hu/Fi in particular) has some of the highest raw SATK values in the game, so going full attack on gear may not be in your best interests. A little PP (or HP if you're low and plan on running PP Convert ring) can help your uptime tremendously, which can translate to more total output than a small attack increase.

Thanks for the advice

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 03:47 AM
I don't understand... Even fulldive.nu mentions a popular 175 ATK affix (Apprentice Soul + Power V + Modulator + Alter Arma + Ability III + Noble Power) and its 6s, so why are you talking about some weird "150/9 or 155/9"???

TaigaUC
Jul 25, 2016, 04:22 AM
I've been told that it's only a very small percentage.

oratank
Jul 25, 2016, 04:32 AM

then we should stick with fashion star online

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 05:05 AM

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Will the +175 ATK be culled somehow?

Selphea
Jul 25, 2016, 05:46 AM
I don't understand... Even fulldive.nu mentions a popular 175 ATK affix (Apprentice Soul + Power V + Modulator + Alter Arma + Ability III + Noble Power) and its 6s, so why are you talking about some weird "150/9 or 155/9"???

It's not popular ^^; i just searched player shops for Mod + Noble and that one was the lone result with that much atk.

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 07:13 AM
...... Well, you do understand that there are 10 ships and they differ quiet a bit? Besides, does it matter if it's popular or not? That's not the point! The majority of players don't even grind their equipment and spend their mesetta on some stupid lobby actions, rainbow ponytails and stupid shit litke that, they don't play the game, they roleplay little grils in slutty costumes. So what? What's wrong with you people, I just asked your opinion on the optimal and uh ultimate affixing, a matter which is very important for me, why can't you just give me a serious straight answer, that will help me?

Selphea
Jul 25, 2016, 07:29 AM
Optimal to me is a matter of cost vs ROI, and Flict/Mod/Noble is already slightly over the point where I consider the returns are not worth the cost, because it's like 10x the meseta or more to get 1% more damage.

When you reach the point where your budget is that high, you should do your own R&D and find out how to do it yourself.

isCasted
Jul 25, 2016, 07:30 AM
Serious straight answer: 190 ATK is close to impossible. It would take, like, a few hundred million meseta just for a single try, and rates are ridiculously low. Going with 150 as in that guide might take around 20 million (not really sure about current market prices, it might be higher or lower depending on the craze due to upcoming boost week).

phantasystaronline66
Jul 25, 2016, 07:39 AM
I see, thank you

Loveless62
Jul 25, 2016, 10:40 AM
+190 ATK is pretty much for meseta billionaires only.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 10:40 AM
You're better off focusing on getting some decent s-atk while going for PP instead, as Hu. Some weapons just don't get as much added on to them in damage as others when affixing to boot... So the focus should on keeping up PAs for longer. Especially since Hu is gonna wanna do Fi sub, which has TAJA.

And even then it seems to really only matter all that much when you have shifta Ex combined with Shifta Tech from Te sub or main. 150 of any atk is also unnecessary, especially when you have a power house like Austere. 60 is kind of considered a fine minimum on each piece of equipment.

It's something to worry about only when you have everything you need(for the time being). Just something extra to do.

Tunga
Jul 25, 2016, 11:27 AM
...... Well, you do understand that there are 10 ships and they differ quiet a bit? Besides, does it matter if it's popular or not? That's not the point! The majority of players don't even grind their equipment and spend their mesetta on some stupid lobby actions, rainbow ponytails and stupid shit litke that, they don't play the game, they roleplay little grils in slutty costumes. So what? What's wrong with you people, I just asked your opinion on the optimal and uh ultimate affixing, a matter which is very important for me,

Trying to star a flame thread?

why can't you just give me a serious straight answer, that will help me?

Already did on the first page.

Masu
Jul 25, 2016, 11:59 AM
Hum why not going for the advised 150 atk and get those remaining 40 atk with timed ability? You'll get your 190 atk for really really really cheaper...
Silly me forgot you were talking about affixing weapon ^^;:-P

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 12:06 PM
...... Well, you do understand that there are 10 ships and they differ quiet a bit? Besides, does it matter if it's popular or not? That's not the point! The majority of players don't even grind their equipment and spend their mesetta on some stupid lobby actions, rainbow ponytails and stupid shit litke that, they don't play the game, they roleplay little grils in slutty costumes. So what? What's wrong with you people, I just asked your opinion on the optimal and uh ultimate affixing, a matter which is very important for me, why can't you just give me a serious straight answer, that will help me?

How the heck did I miss this trainwreck...

http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=AA05.UA01.RP55.TD04.OA02.TH01.TC01&1=&2=&3=&4=&5=&r=&o=B09 have fun figuring out how the hell to get all that fodder to make up what affixes I have on that first panel :U 200 atk. Miserable PP for that many affixes. Could get enough PP in with that many affixes to get a TAJA cost reduced PA instead, but that 4k sword whack will do 4.1k instead.

Optimal is using something that works best, not has the highest number. People have been trying to tell you that too.

Also why would you focus so much on the sword to pay that much when you could be instead spending it to get 150 across weapons and gear? 600 > 190+60x3. Even then, you're still better off, despite the cost being insanely higher, working on your units to boost anyway. Returner V is ridic costly but basically combines mutation II and ability III or Doom Break into one affix. Austere is great and all, but a back up wind Siega might be something people should consider if they ever make a proper Tokyo boss EQ.

PS: I "waste my money on fashion", have about an average of 135 t-atk on my units(not including timed drives...), +33-35 13* Rods and Talises, customized techs, etc. The fact that you assume everyone who tries to have fun with the game is lazy and doesn't grind/affix are all terrible and in the minority is just... disturbing, for a lack of a less insulting word. Given my next affix project involves trying to get an astral soul on my last unit to not have 150 t-atk... and I just recently bought new fashion, I think it's safe to say your bias is extraordinarily severe.

It doesn't help that 13* weapons don't need to be +30 or +40'd to even be good enough...and a 10* with a decent damage pot and +10 OT or 30 NT is enough to handle XH with some skill and 60 atk, 7 PP affixes on units and weapons.

As much as the people who call themselves "Casual" and demand people treat the game as such bother me, "hardcore" players still bother me more...

milranduil
Jul 25, 2016, 12:25 PM
I'd love to see the math behind how much of a percentage increase adding 100 attack is when you're sitting at ~3800.

roughly 2.6% damage.

@OP: unless you want the swag of 175+, settle for 145 or 150.
145:
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/qe25K/d4cde16518.png
[/spoiler-box]
175:
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/qe271/f9265e2433.png
[/spoiler-box]

nguuuquaaa
Jul 25, 2016, 12:31 PM
^ I thought there are also element and def value being taken into account? My calculation result in around 2.3%

NightlightPro
Jul 25, 2016, 12:32 PM
astral soul, no?

milranduil
Jul 25, 2016, 12:38 PM
^ I thought there are also element and def value being taken into account? My calculation result in around 2.3%

the standard estimate is 1% of your attack is a 1% damage increase. obviously the actual value is a little more fine tuned than that.

astral soul, no?

on a weapon? hell no.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 01:13 PM
astral soul, no?

Even if you would do that... apprentice does give 5 more attack. Astral, at best, only provides extra HP and PP over other souls on weapons...the dex is not worth it.

And they clearly only care about the atk stat, sadly...