PDA

View Full Version : Profound Darkness bug

Xiriko
Jul 25, 2016, 09:52 AM
After Persona got beat PD had a spaz, as in it started to get back from us to perform the mask breaking animation to show the eye on his mouth. It constantly tried to do it but got locked in the animation until it went further back and stayed there.

I managed to capture it on video.

https://youtu.be/08p4u-ZLryI

Anybody have any idea on why this happens? I never had this happen on me.

quick edit: As you can see, no Fo managed to hit it to try and get it off the animation. We had to reset the run to get one in.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 25, 2016, 10:16 AM
quick edit: As you can see, no Fo managed to hit it to try and get it off the animation. We had to reset the run to get one in.

Clearly, this is how they intend to nerf Fo/Te.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 10:33 AM
Clearly, this is how they intend to nerf Fo/Te.

By making it even worse on melee in the process.

How very current pso2 team directors of them.

Selphea
Jul 25, 2016, 11:41 AM
Area host timed out maybe

Varuden
Jul 25, 2016, 11:54 AM
You can beat it if you believeeeee.

But this would be actually pretty cool for an AIS fight. Just a galaxy-wide space chase on a fleeing PD.

"Profound Darkness is getting away! We're sending A.I.S. to you. Don't let it escape!"

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 12:09 PM
No more AIS please, for the love of god. It doesn't help Magatsu trained so many to be brain dead with the things to think it's for bossing in TD.

Varuden
Jul 25, 2016, 12:20 PM
I think a lot of the problem stems from that there is no real risk or demerit to A.I.S. at the moment. If they /do/ add more AIS missions, it can't just be played out as a slaughterfest. They would have to make it where you have to play smarter and put actual mechanics which would add another level of difficulty or chance of failure.

Even something like using the whole XQ's don't die more than X times as a failure condition would make people hopefully stop using Zerg tactics.

Wait who am I kidding. These are unrealistically high expectations.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 PM
I think a lot of the problem stems from that there is no real risk or demerit to A.I.S. at the moment. If they /do/ add more AIS missions, it can't just be played out as a slaughterfest. They would have to make it where you have to play smarter and put actual mechanics which would add another level of difficulty or chance of failure.

Even something like using the whole XQ's don't die more than X times as a failure condition would make people hopefully stop using Zerg tactics.

So in other words, TD3/4?

Varuden
Jul 25, 2016, 12:27 PM
So in other words, TD3/4?

In TD it's either no one uses it or everyone uses it at the same time, that none are left when it is needed.

----

I actually wonder in-universe how they manage to spit out so many spare A.I.S. if they get wrecked so frequently.

Do they borrow from Klotho's bottomless pockets?

Do they use the Meseta that Dudu collects?

Are they so cheaply made that the cost of one costs virtually nothing?

Poyonche
Jul 25, 2016, 12:41 PM
They just recycle the materials from destroyed ARKS Ship by [Elder].

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 25, 2016, 01:10 PM
They just recycle the materials from destroyed ARKS Ship by [Elder].
... They got a point... We go through so many ships because of that guy. They probably made the AIS BECAUSE of his frequent attacks :U

NoobSpectre
Jul 25, 2016, 07:59 PM
... They got a point... We go through so many ships because of that guy. They probably made the AIS BECAUSE of his frequent attacks :U

[SPOILER-BOX]Nah, we probably playing Lensman Arm Race with Darker in TDs.

TD1:
Darkers: Lets swarm tower with superior numbers and higher strength, send in Goldies!
Arks: Lets swarm Darkers with Superior tactics and firepower! But we have limited number lol. Oh yeah get the torchlight ready.

TD2:
Darkers: Since we failed, lets attack them from front, then side! And since they can counter attack, lets use minions that stunned them!
Arks: Oh no you dun, we are using walls to block ya, go through that first.

TD3:
Darkers: Nevermind, let them taste some of their own medicine. Use torchlight and deny them by corrupting platform, and block them with walls. Oh and use the damn airship we proved so useful in Darkers Den.
Arks: Time to send in da AIS.
Darkers: We have Yuga, come get it.

TD4:
Arks: Vibrace at first wave?!!! I have a bad feeling about this.
Darker: You're not wrong. (Corrupted AIS appears)
Arks: Shit.
*DF Apprentice appears*
Arks: OMFG.[/SPOILER-BOX]

SEGA obvious policy is "if we feel that the content is dry, AIS is our solution.". It kinda.... works, though a few more times and people start to not buying that.

Altiea
Jul 25, 2016, 08:06 PM
Sometimes you stop to wonder if the Central Research Department has literally infinite funding.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 25, 2016, 09:17 PM
It's like Starcraft 2, you wonder how the hell they get infinite marine recruits after a shitload of them got melted by a couple of banelings or other hazards.

Sora3100
Jul 26, 2016, 08:46 AM

Wait who am I kidding. These are unrealistically high expectations.

just like yamato amirite

pkemr4
Jul 26, 2016, 08:47 AM
with talis fast throw you can still hit pd

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 26, 2016, 06:45 PM
SEGA obvious policy is "if we feel that the content is dry, AIS is our solution.". It kinda.... works, though a few more times and people start to not buying that.

.w.; Sadly, I'm bored of AIS now... I still like them in TD, but I feel like we need just a giant fricking battle like in ZoE 2, just a massive wave of enemies and you can hop in an AIS to just go to town for two minutes.

Thing is, Yamato is some how an improvement on Magatsu AIS in terms of fun, and it's still crap. Having aggro is misery but it's nice to not be forced to have PP to dodge an attack...let alone having 12 attacks come down in one area because you're forced to fight in close combat .w.

Zysets
Jul 26, 2016, 09:20 PM
I would probably enjoy the AIS phase of Yamato more if the planes actually posed a threat. They spawn and they don't do much, it would be better if you had to keep an eye on them while also dealing with the main ship.

And even if you can't have real dogfights due to how the game works, it would be awesome to fly around and actually fight a bunch of planes.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 26, 2016, 09:25 PM
I would probably enjoy the AIS phase of Yamato more if the planes actually posed a threat. They spawn and they don't do much, it would be better if you had to keep an eye on them while also dealing with the main ship.

And even if you can't have real dogfights due to how the game works, it would be awesome to fly around and actually fight a bunch of planes.

Again... look at ZoE 2. They just need to make the mechs more mobile. Right now they're super clanky, like those damn LEVs QQ

I would love to see them give us an "AIS 2.0" that's just faster, sleeker, and easier to move around with.

Zysets
Jul 26, 2016, 09:27 PM
Again... look at ZoE 2. They just need to make the mechs more mobile. Right now they're super clanky, like those damn LEVs QQ

I would love to see them give us an "AIS 2.0" that's just faster, sleeker, and easier to move around with.

I think that wouldn't be possible without some serious work, I feel like the AIS movement and controls are limited by the actual physics of the game. Everything in the game controls exactly the same because of that.

I would absolute love for the AIS to feel more "free" though, that would definitely improve things.