PDA

View Full Version : Fi/Gu or Gu/Fi (2016) which one has the better all class weapon between...

TimelessDbz
Jul 25, 2016, 10:32 AM
Double sabers and twin machine guns.

Which one performs better overall in all situations.?

Last Is there a build out there that is up to date in 2016?

Flaoc
Jul 25, 2016, 10:33 AM
gu/ra or fi/hu /end thread

TimelessDbz
Jul 25, 2016, 11:16 AM
Could I get a more serious response or a more knowledgeable person to reply? I know the class combination I am choosing is not the most optimum but would still like a high level player input if they were to do it.

nguuuquaaa
Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 AM
But that's the serious answer....
Either FI/HU or GU/RA, or in some cases GU/HU. FI/GU or GU/FI has nothing worthy.

TimelessDbz
Jul 25, 2016, 11:30 AM
http://www.fulldive.nu/2016/06/09/pso2-infinite-fire-type-0/

Looking at that makes it seem there are people doing it. Looks fun and its pretty decent.

nguuuquaaa
Jul 25, 2016, 12:25 PM
Not practical.
FI/BR is actually stronger than BR/HU, and FI/BO is actually stronger than BO/HU, but nobody uses FI/BR and FI/BO. Because FI main without HU sub is pretty much suicidal.
And GU/RA is much more stronger than GU/FI, GU/HU is much more tankier than GU/FI while being just a little weaker without silly conditions. Is there any need to dive head-first onto GU/FI?

Flaoc
Jul 25, 2016, 12:28 PM
Could I get a more serious response or a more knowledgeable person to reply? I know the class combination I am choosing is not the most optimum but would still like a high level player input if they were to do it.

i just gave you the serious response. if you do not want to listen quite frankly i have no more reason to tell you anything

Altiea
Jul 25, 2016, 12:36 PM
i just gave you the serious response. if you do not want to listen quite frankly i have no more reason to tell you anything

I think he wants you to word your answer in a way that sounds serious and doesn't end with "end thread".

TimelessDbz
Jul 25, 2016, 12:39 PM
Not to come across rude. Just seem like you were dismissing my question and for the reason i want to fighter / gunner is just simply because I like those weapons. I got a response from the person on that site I linked. She or he answer my question. So thank you for the responses and input.

Sakarisei
Jul 25, 2016, 03:36 PM
Basically those options aren't optimal because you can lose easily the Perfect Keeper. Furthermore, Aerial Advance for both, melee and ranged, aren't viable in this game, for non-talking that there aren't many aerial enemies for that bonus. At the end of the topic, Chain Trigger in melee weapons are a true nightmare...

If you really want it, buy PS Nova and play as a BU with Pile, Double Saber and TMGs since you can carry three builds at the same time, one for each weapon...

Loveless62
Jul 25, 2016, 04:02 PM
I remember Selphea expressed some interest in Gu/Fi when the Infinite Fire craft was introduced, probably due to apparent TAJA opportunities that it would provide (you can see that in the article linked on Fulldive above). The Gunner section on Fulldive has been recently updated with notes on Gu/Fi.

I don't think there is much hope for Fi/Gu, however. Zero Range Advance and Zero Range Critical only work on shooting attacks, so you would be missing out on significant damage multipliers. You would still have Chain Trigger, but when that is on cooldown, you would be struggling to keep us with more popular builds.

Zephyrion
Jul 25, 2016, 04:33 PM
GU/FI is perfectly viable, it might be less powerful than GU/RA or less "tank and hit" than GU/HU but it's still decent, and more importantly, fun to play if stance dancing and Tech arts JA is your thing. As it was said earlier though, FI/GU is wonky since GU doesn't give anything of note to FI main, unlike FI sub to GU main.And FI's synergy with HU is so incredible that no other sub-class can give you anything remotely as efficient.

You can still give it a try, just for fun's sake and experiments, but I'd advise to do this as a secondary build and do something simpler and more versatile to fall back to for EQs or if you don't get the expected results from that type of build

Altiea
Jul 25, 2016, 05:00 PM
Run Gunslash? Decently benefits from both classes if you really, really want to run FI/GU.

Selphea
Jul 25, 2016, 06:27 PM
And GU/RA is much more stronger than GU/FI, GU/HU is much more tankier than GU/FI while being just a little weaker without silly conditions. Is there any need to dive head-first onto GU/FI?

There's a caveat on that. Gu/Ra is much stronger... on Ranged attacks vs weak points after 1 second of setup :'D

But for attacks like Heel Stab, almost half the damage is Striking, and Dead Approach, the fastest gap close is also Striking and both kill off Standing Snipe. I actually parse higher on PD as Gu/Fi than Gu/Ra.

Run Gunslash? Decently benefits from both classes if you really, really want to run FI/GU.

Fi/Hu actually has better Ranged multipliers than Fi/Gu outside Chain. Only Fi/Ra beats it, with the same caveat of 1 second setup on weak point on half the attacks. With WB jamming I hardly Fi/Ra anymore ;_;

Great Pan
Jul 25, 2016, 07:06 PM
Simply put, both sucks balls. Go HU/FI, coz HU is the best class in the game, and I'm serious.

Selphea
Jul 25, 2016, 07:36 PM
Simply put, both sucks balls. Go HU/FI, coz HU is the best class in the game, and I'm serious.

No you're not. You play Hu/Fo :wacko:

hoangsea
Jul 28, 2016, 07:23 PM
gu/fi is better than fi/gu since you can equip 13* weapons

btw
gu/fi is only good if you can play different pa per pallete
i got one gu/fi my self and i think it's good, especially after we got crafted IF.
burst combo: DA > SA > IF is pretty strong as Gu/Fi

other setup that is good for Gu/Fi

DA > AS > HS
DA > RT > HS
DA > RT > SP

Altiea
Jul 28, 2016, 09:08 PM

Xie All Class 13*.

... Which is still not really good.

TimelessDbz
Jul 29, 2016, 11:05 AM

btw
gu/fi is only good if you can play different pa per pallete
i got one gu/fi my self and i think it's good, especially after we got crafted IF.
burst combo: DA > SA > IF is pretty strong as Gu/Fi

other setup that is good for Gu/Fi

DA > AS > HS
DA > RT > HS
DA > RT > SP

I actually really like Infinite Fire Type-0 dmg and I think gmcustom has some good videos up for gunner and general tips for gunners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLGVTAR-4KE