Maulcun
Aug 1, 2016, 10:20 AM
Video

https://youtu.be/fC_kMwN39gQ

Update Site

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160810/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

New Live Stage Event
- Earth Ambassador “Sachiko Kobayashi” will be singing an original song entitled, “Youkoso ARKS”

Collaboration Godzilla (http://shin-godzilla.jp/)
- Godzilla Lobby

New Ranking System,
- "ARKS League" (Aim for the top within a 20 person group)

New Story Quest
- EP4 Chapter 4 "The hand that guides Earth"
- Enga will show up on the Bridge
- Meet “Ardem” the leader of the “Earth Guides.” (CV: Yuichi Nakamura)
- Mother Cluster Apostle of Fire, “Phaleg” (CV: Yūko Minaguchi)

New Scratch AC
- King of Monster
- Earth Guide M/F Suits

Additions and Improvements
- Recycle your SG Scratch items for other SG Scratch items!
- You can have up to 5 Collection Files (Only premium set user)
- Many new chat commands
- My Fashion chat commands
- Change facial expression chat commands
- New "PSO2es" Weaponoid Potentials Add

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2016, 10:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wqxh0Lm.png

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2016, 11:25 AM
Okay, that Godzilla scream is going to be really annoying if they don't tone it down a notch. Straight-up hurt my ears, geeze.

lostinseganet
Aug 1, 2016, 03:16 PM
The game is getting wilder, and wilder. i sitll want to merge with mags. At least my hope for digimon is kinda coming true..

Poyonche
Aug 1, 2016, 03:57 PM
I want to know more about that apostle of Fire.

The game is getting wilder, and wilder. i sitll want to merge with mags. At least my hope for digimon is kinda coming true..

I want to merge with my Helix and chase Darkers as an unicorn :

AutumnChronicle
Aug 1, 2016, 08:23 PM
Despite all the icky updates we've had in EP4, I have to admit that I've enjoyed the music a lot more than the previous episodes. Tokyo BGM and what I presume is Las Vegas BGM sounds really awesome.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 1, 2016, 08:53 PM
I want to merge with my Helix and chase Darkers as an unicorn :

I'd rather mount it, and slay/ram things on unicorn-back for a limited time.

Sorry not sorry for all the attempts I will inevitably make at trying to make the new basewear work with everything else.

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2016, 09:51 PM
Sorry not sorry for all the attempts I will inevitably make at trying to make the new basewear work with everything else.

Firs the scratch with micro shorts, then boost week, and now this. It's like my wallet is in a TD4 and "Extreme Danger" just flashed across the screen with the last wave.

zegun~kun
Aug 1, 2016, 10:00 PM
animated hands!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 1, 2016, 10:20 PM
Firs the scratch with micro shorts, then boost week, and now this. It's like my wallet is in a TD4 and "Extreme Danger" just flashed across the screen with the last wave.

This shouldn't be so bad on the wallet. All I want is one in black, and another in grape purple.

Flaoc
Aug 1, 2016, 10:50 PM
good troll sega.. good troll (where the hells our animated fingers huh)

http://i.grab.la/06802-e41bf53e-b3d0-4151-bf00-b660ff07473d.png

wefwq
Aug 2, 2016, 09:19 AM
BBAmbassador.

How come there's no Godzilla suit?

loafhero
Aug 2, 2016, 10:12 AM
BBAmbassador.

How come there's no Godzilla suit?

There will be a Godzilla suit. The next update video will show that.

Gwyndolin
Aug 2, 2016, 01:23 PM
Looking forward to my white stilettos in my white monokini! :D

wefwq
Aug 2, 2016, 01:25 PM
There will be a Godzilla suit. The next update video will show that.
Aww yisss.

Shiyo
Aug 2, 2016, 01:50 PM
As much as I should be rioting and complaining about the collection file thing...

I really look forward to it and really want it. It's going to suck really bad and basically make people require premium, though. Kinda shitty on their part.

Zysets
Aug 2, 2016, 02:29 PM
As much as I should be rioting and complaining about the collection file thing...

I really look forward to it and really want it. It's going to suck really bad and basically make people require premium, though. Kinda shitty on their part.

Why would that force people to get premium? You get 3 slots as a free player, and 5 with premium. At least that's what I'm understanding here.

Well I can't wait for the Vegas area, I've been wanting a clean version of that song (that I think will be the BGM) since the first trailer.

Shiyo
Aug 2, 2016, 02:37 PM
Being able to finish 5 ray files(or something similar) at once compared to 3 is huge. Also 5 nox fodders per EQ, etc. It's insane.

Loveless62
Aug 2, 2016, 02:48 PM
good troll sega.. good troll (where the hells our animated fingers huh)
Dat kung-fu grip thou...

Arada
Aug 2, 2016, 04:19 PM
Why would that force people to get premium? You get 3 slots as a free player, and 5 with premium. At least that's what I'm understanding here.

Well I can't wait for the Vegas area, I've been wanting a clean version of that song (that I think will be the BGM) since the first trailer.

I think we do not get the free field this update. We only get the story mission where we can go to Las Vegas. It doesn't change that you'll get a place to listen to the song, I suppose.

Zanverse
Aug 2, 2016, 05:37 PM
I think we do not get the free field this update. We only get the story mission where we can go to Las Vegas. It doesn't change that you'll get a place to listen to the song, I suppose.

Tonight's patch might have the story-mode BGM for Vegas in the files. I'll most likely search for that when the patch is up.

Rakurai
Aug 2, 2016, 07:43 PM
I hope they'll have data on the new potentials.

The Lavis Blade-style one that adds a ranged attack to melee weapons looks neat, but if it doesn't provide a damage boost on top of it, it's mostly going to be a novelty.

Zysets
Aug 2, 2016, 09:10 PM
Being able to finish 5 ray files(or something similar) at once compared to 3 is huge. Also 5 nox fodders per EQ, etc. It's insane.

I mean, that won't be a big advantage for too long.
The Nox-NT weps on the Revolucio File are gone once the file leaves, unless Sega adds another sheet that works the same. Plus it's not like you can get the same file more than once at the same time, so attribute grinding the Ray series weps will still take the same amount of time. Five sheets just feel convenient if you want more than three kinds of weapons from a specific wep series (which I admittedly don't most of the time), not exactly a real advantage.

Regardless I tend to buy premium anyways so eh.

Flaoc
Aug 2, 2016, 09:12 PM
during emper rappy season people also tend to just straight dump emper fodders into 13* of their choice

Korima
Aug 2, 2016, 09:22 PM
Godzilla? Las Vegas? Swimsuits?

Red Ring Rico died for this?

Zysets
Aug 2, 2016, 09:31 PM
Godzilla? Las Vegas? Swimsuits?

Red Ring Rico died for this?

PSO2 has been like this from the start, I've decided to just enjoy the nonsense for what it is.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2016, 10:38 PM
Five sheets just feel convenient if you want more than three kinds of weapons from a specific wep series (which I admittedly don't most of the time), not exactly a real advantage.

This is basically why I want it.

I want ALL the Ray weapons. ALL OF THEM. Without the extra two slots, this would be pretty impossible to manage. Now, with those two slots I can handily get all of the weapons before the file ends in October. Victory!

Zysets
Aug 2, 2016, 10:50 PM
This is basically why I want it.

I want ALL the Ray weapons. ALL OF THEM. Without the extra two slots, this would be pretty impossible to manage. Now, with those two slots I can handily get all of the weapons before the file ends in October. Victory!

I get that this is a joke, but after trying to get three of the Katana, Twin Daggers, and Double Sabers so I could fully raise the attributes, I'm ready to say I never want to do another collection file ever again, or at least for awhile.

TaigaUC
Aug 2, 2016, 10:54 PM
Next update isn't the swimsuit update? Shit.
You'd think Beach Wars would be paired with a swimsuit scratch.

Or not. It just wasn't listed in the text description of the video.
I hope we get decent colors for the layerwear versions of the old swimsuits.
And I hope they don't cost a fortune. You know black sexy swimsuit (basewear) will be expensive.

pkemr4
Aug 2, 2016, 11:18 PM
guess sega is out of costume ideas when you have to turn old content into overpriced abyssmal rate layered wears

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2016, 12:28 AM
if only collection file never had any expiration date, that would be great for someone like me who can't really find the time to commit playing the game to its fullest and I live where there's only 1 hour difference between japan's time.

I just hate it when a game having a time limit content where i can't really take my time doing, but no I have to rush it or I'd lose it forever and may never get the chance to get it because IMBA RNG and by the time it's easy to get in the near future it becomes irrelevant

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 12:34 AM
if only collection file never had any expiration date, that would be great for someone like me who can't really find the time to commit playing the game to its fullest and I live where there's only 1 hour difference between japan's time.

I just hate it when a game having a time limit content where i can't really take my time doing, but no I have to rush it or I'd lose it forever and may never get the chance to get it because IMBA RNG.
I agree. I don't like feeling the pressure of needing to log in/be rushed to finished files. It just makes me burn out on the game. Not sure Sega's intended plan behind such ideas when it causes nothing but bad things for players, making your players feel forced to log in and grind out something before a deadline just makes them burn out and thus stop logging in(and buying ac for things) quicker.

Sega is bad at business.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2016, 12:45 AM
I see some of my JP friends barely log in anymore or just AFK and do nothing, probably because they got burned out with the system that forces them to do something and that's just not fun.

One of those reason why I don't like playing mobage due to strict tight schedule of limited content, expecting I should log in the game everyday and play the damn game like a hardcore player if I want that super rare crap they put.

Zysets
Aug 3, 2016, 01:02 AM

I just hate it when a game having a time limit content where i can't really take my time doing, but no I have to rush it or I'd lose it forever and may never get the chance to get it because IMBA RNG and by the time it's easy to get in the near future it becomes irrelevant

If attribute isn't a big deal to you, you technically have forever to complete a collection file, I heard some people had already expired files stay with them past the date, seems like that's just a deadline to pick up the file.

If the attribute does matter, I guess you can try to at least have the last one started before the deadline. I've been doing the Ray series ones fairly quickly despite never being able to make it to the PD EQs all that often. I just get a lot of FUN from PSO2es without even trying, and I use that on 250% drop boosters in the FUN shop, makes things go by much quicker.

I personally find it boring to do the same file more than once for the attribute grinds, but I do them anyways so I guess whatever.

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 01:07 AM
Collection files needing to be done three times just to be a usable weapon is stupid. The entire attribute system in general is horrible and makes no sense. Nothing is fun or interesting about it, it just cock blocks you out of upgrades. You should be happy when you get a thirteen star drop - instead you're mad because "oh I can't ever 60 element this / it's wind element who cares". Being unhappy about getting RARE drops is fucked. PSO2 is the only game that makes you unhappy about getting rare drops.

I see some of my JP friends barely log in anymore or just AFK and do nothing, probably because they got burned out with the system that forces them to do something and that's just not fun.

One of those reason why I don't like playing mobage due to strict tight schedule of limited content, expecting I should log in the game everyday and play the damn game like a hardcore player if I want that super rare crap they put

Yeah, I just log in and do what I want and take breaks whenever I feel like it. It fucks me over because it means I miss PD's and means collection files for weapons I want will expire but it sure beats being burned out on the game and not even wanting to play a game that I love anymore.

I have no fucking idea what the hell Sega is thinking, but they need to realize that deadlines and forcing people to grind out and log in for every EQ that pops instead of letting people play at their own leisure just makes people hate the game and not want to ever come back.

"Oh I need to log in and gather! Oh I need to log in and do this EQ for my char progression! Oh if I don't log in and grind this out it disappears forever and I'll never be able to get this weapon!" etc etc. Just shit that burns you out and makes you not even want to play, and thus, not spend money on their damn game.

Temp content does not belong in a game that's supposed to keep people actively playing for years. I want to be able to get things and rewards at my own leisure and always have something to work towards at my OWN speed.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 01:18 AM
Kinda depends on your RNG. I only needed to do Ray TMG file twice because PD dropped one at random. Same'll probably go for the Ray Rifle PD dropped yesterday.

Mind that you'll have to go farm for your Element Ups after your CFs expire. So having any Collect File at all is at least a little better than farming.

Side note, but giving up on the game because you don't have the time to get all your Grade A gear totally maxed out is kinda sad. Enjoy it for what it is, not what it could be.

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 01:22 AM
Kinda depends on your RNG. I only needed to do Ray TMG file twice because PD dropped one at random. Same'll probably go for the Ray Rifle PD dropped yesterday.

Mind that you'll have to go farm for your Element Ups after your CFs expire. So having any Collect File at all is at least a little better than farming.

Side note, but giving up on the game because you don't have the time to get all your Grade A gear totally maxed out is kinda sad.
You got lucky, because yours was light.

I got an aura wand and it's dark, it's 10000% WORTHLESS and I still have to do THREE collection files to 60 element an aura wand regardless of getting that drop. That drop literally doesn't benefit me at all. 99% of 13 stars are pointless to have in loot tables and might as well not exist.

However, I did get 2 revo TMG's in a row at 29 light so I get a free 58 light revo TMG which is pretty nice.

No one is giving up on a game because "They can't get all their grade A gear maxed", they're BURNING OUT on the game TRYING to get said gear because they need to meet a deadline before that gear goes away forever.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2016, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure you realize but even if you get a weapon of a different element, the new nt system allows you to change it's element without needing the same weapon. The only hard thing is you need to waste a few million meseta for light element changer.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 01:27 AM
The gear won't go away, it'll just become harder to find. Revolucio can still be farmed for in SHAQ once its CF expires this month. Although if you don't like looking for your gear (as it used to be pre-EP4), then yeah, sure, it might as well be gone forever.

CF exists as a convenience feature to circumvent typical farming that many, many other RPGs require for their endgame gear. It's like we take it for granted now that we have it.

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 01:42 AM
The gear won't go away, it'll just become harder to find. Revolucio can still be farmed for in SHAQ once its CF expires this month. Although if you don't like looking for your gear (as it used to be pre-EP4), then yeah, sure, it might as well be gone forever.

CF exists as a convenience feature to circumvent typical farming that many, many other RPGs require for their endgame gear. It's like we take it for granted now that we have it.
No, you're just being silly.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 01:45 AM
No, you're just being silly.

Meaning?

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 01:53 AM
I don't feel like repeating myself multiple times every time I post things, read my posts multiple times or something.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 01:55 AM
I don't feel like repeating myself multiple times every time I post things, read my posts multiple times or something.

I have read your posts. You haven't actually defined your point besides "having to play a lot to keep up because scheduled content sucks", the "having to play a lot to keep up" part defines a lot of games that aren't PSO2.

Everyone already knows you hate scheduled content. Are you just reiterating a point you've repeated a thousand times?

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 02:02 AM
Nah, you're reading what you want to see and being petty as fuck. You pick one little thing you can "prove wrong" and ignore the entire basis of my argument/opinion.

I'm honestly quite sick of it and just not going to repeat myself half a dozen times in different ways anymore. Bored of doing that now.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 02:06 AM
Nah, you're reading what you want to see and being petty as fuck. You pick one little thing you can "prove wrong" and ignore the entire basis of my argument.

I'm honestly quite sick of it and just not going to repeat myself half a dozen times in different ways anymore. Bored of doing that now.

I'm honestly unsure of where you're getting this idea. I'm just stating facts. I'm not trying to prove anyone or anything wrong, I'm just saying that CF merely exists as a way to get good gear faster. I hate arguing just as much as the next person.

Shiyo
Aug 3, 2016, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure you realize but even if you get a weapon of a different element, the new nt system allows you to change it's element without needing the same weapon. The only hard thing is you need to waste a few million meseta for light element changer.

Yeah I know, but that's still millions when it's easier to just get another aura collection file finished. I mean...I guess it lets me +33 my weapon instead of +32?

I really dislike how the element system makes getting rare drops feel BAD.

They just need to do away with the element system entirely or make anything above a 10 star automatically drop at 50 element, and 60 element for 13. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that, if you want the guaranteed way you need to grind out the CF 3 times, but if you get lucky and get the drop, you should be HAPPY and be able to use it! It's a rare as hell drop to get a 13 star(some of them, at least), it might as well be usable! You should have joy and happiness if you get a ray or something, not disappoint as it's the wrong element and low element. It's just..blah.

PSO2 is literally the only game where I'm unhappy about getting rare drops the vast majority of the time.

isCasted
Aug 3, 2016, 02:17 AM
^Absolutely this. Some people used to say that stone system sucks, because getting weapon as a random drop is more "satisfying"... How is it satisfying if it's essentially unusable?

My first 13* drop was a TMG from Gal Gryphon. I didn't feel satisfaction - I was enraged, because at below-30 element it was useless compared to 11* I already had. And it stayed to rot in my inventory for almost half a year until I got enough 13* TMGs to grind it to passable 52 with attribute boosters. I can't finish it to this day, because Austere craze made attribute boosters inaccessible.

EvilMag
Aug 3, 2016, 04:54 AM
Problem with PSO2's drop rates isn't the rates but the system itself. You literally have no real control over what drops. got a 13*? cool pray its the one you want. That class boost on bosses doesn't mean jack shit when they keep bloating the bosses drop tables with 13*s of every single weapon type + other shit (ie candy and eggs)

If they could just seriously go back and give each enemy a 13* drop that would be nice but no they keep making them either area or boss drops .-.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2016, 05:02 AM
Bloatful egg drops is like the single worst thing happened in ep4 for non-Su players. I don't mind getting excubes, but eggs? You can't even do anything with eggs 10* eggs for now. And what's worse is eggs rarity lower than 10* fucking drop in Ultimate. Getting a rare 13* egg pisses me more than getting 13* bow(which i dont use it).

Loveless62
Aug 3, 2016, 01:24 PM

I am afraid this is just a reality with today's Free-To-Play gaming. They use deadlines with exclusive content to pressure you to spend real money in order to take shortcuts (here in the form of skipping the cooldown on CFs with star gems). PSO2 is not the only game I see this in. It's an unfortunate reality, but I have learned to accept it since it allows them to continue their services.

You got lucky, because yours was light.

I got an aura wand and it's dark, it's 10000% WORTHLESS and I still have to do THREE collection files to 60 element an aura wand regardless of getting that drop. That drop literally doesn't benefit me at all. 99% of 13 stars are pointless to have in loot tables and might as well not exist.

However, I did get 2 revo TMG's in a row at 29 light so I get a free 58 light revo TMG which is pretty nice.

No one is giving up on a game because "They can't get all their grade A gear maxed", they're BURNING OUT on the game TRYING to get said gear because they need to meet a deadline before that gear goes away forever.
Are you not using your Fortunate Omen Charm? If you do, you should never have a problem with dropped weapons having the wrong element.

I am not a fan of the response "No, you're just being silly.", but I will post this a counterpoint: can you imagine what it will be like to depend on a drop to max a Revo 13* that you didn't manage to finish after the Revo Collection Files are gone? It will take way more work (not that I consider Revos to be worth it). The same thing will happen with Ray 13*s after October kek. In fact, that might be worse.

Dammy
Aug 3, 2016, 01:42 PM
i get Revo weps randomly in AQ without any boosters ( yesterday i got 2 in one forest run )
but i can imagine it being a problem with other series
new series inc tho

Zysets
Aug 3, 2016, 01:47 PM
They should honestly add 10*+ eggs to the recycle shop, so at least they're not a waste (and possibly a good way to get excubes).

And to go back to Colection Files, I have no issues with them. I rarely get the chance to do the EQs I need because of my own real life schedule, but I've had no problems finishing these up. However, yes, grinding attributes is a pain, if only because I have to do a file more than once.

What's the advantage of raising the element to max anyways? I've never felt like actually looking at what the damage increase actually is, I just kind of did it.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 01:57 PM
They should honestly add 10*+ eggs to the recycle shop, so at least they're not a waste (and possibly a good way to get excubes).

And to go back to Colection Files, I have no issues with them. I rarely get the chance to do the EQs I need because of my own real life schedule, but I've had no problems finishing these up. However, yes, grinding attributes is a pain, if only because I have to do a file more than once.

What's the advantage of raising the element to max anyways? I've never felt like actually looking at what the damage increase actually is, I just kind of did it.

Element is the second-most important way to raise damage after grinding/Potentialing weapon. It adds a percentage bonus to the weapon's ATK based on the Element value.

Zysets
Aug 3, 2016, 02:08 PM
Element is the second-most important way to raise damage after grinding/Potentialing weapon. It adds a percentage bonus to the weapon's ATK based on the Element value.

Ah I see. I guess it'sa good thing I've being going for max attribute anyways.

I guess what they could do (in my opinion), is make 13* drops have max element, and make collection file 13*s have 40.
Files basically hand out 13* weps, and probably take less time to finish compared to hunting for a random drop, so getting two through that method to max it out seems fair, while a drop is completely random, thus that should have max.

Korima
Aug 3, 2016, 02:12 PM
One of the reasons I stopped playing is because upgrading weapons is a pain in the ass, I got my first 13 with the Seiga Launcher and then I was told "now you need to spent a lot of time and meseta to upgrade the weapon to not be a shitty weapon" I want to spend my time finding other weapon that has another special skill and switch that with the other depending of the situation, not a repetitive task to upgrade my weapon that takes a lot of times, why the hell the game gives me a lot of normal grinders why I don't know what to do with them? because to upgrade those weapons i need an special grinder.

But well, if Sega is keeping and rising players I guess the wrong person is me.

I don't care if you need billions to buy a bikini, but gameplay aspects of the game should be cheaper and fast.

Zephyrion
Aug 3, 2016, 02:40 PM
One of the reasons I stopped playing is because upgrading weapons is a pain in the ass, I got my first 13 with the Seiga Launcher and then I was told "now you need to spent a lot of time and meseta to upgrade the weapon to not be a shitty weapon" I want to spend my time finding other weapon that has another special skill and switch that with the other depending of the situation, not a repetitive task to upgrade my weapon that takes a lot of times, why the hell the game gives me a lot of normal grinders why I don't know what to do with them? because to upgrade those weapons i need an special grinder.

But well, if Sega is keeping and rising players I guess the wrong person is me.

I don't care if you need billions to buy a bikini, but gameplay aspects of the game should be cheaper and fast.

to be fair,Sega made a step in that direction with NT, which are simpler, less expensive, and don't require a shitton of excubes and lambdas to be maxed out if you do it correctly.
the idea of upping an element is quite nice, the issue is how they went about it and never bothered to make it more flexible : needing the exact same weapon with the same element hopefully (+10 for non-matching is laughable, not to mention different weapon same rarity same element and its +1). I'd rather have an universal resource that is used to up element, and the higher the rarity, the more you need or something. Even the pancake hell for SU is better than weapon element grinding. That or simply make attribute enhancers a lot more accessible (but that prolly won't happen)

Hrith
Aug 3, 2016, 03:06 PM
Elements in PSO2 serve no purpose in the gameplay (and don't get me started on Elemental Stance). They were added for the sake of being added.
Elements should only exist for techniques, and it should matter a lot more then.
They built a system that is diametrically different from that of their previous game (PSU), but kept the basic design ideas of it.

Having to find two (at least) of the same weapon for it to be usable is also a terrible design idea that stems from this flaw. I don't mind the grinding (OT or NT), and I don't mind that you need six of the same weapon to get NT weapons to +35 - it's actually a cool idea - but everything that stems from weapons having an element is terribly done and the game would be better off if it was removed.

Altiea
Aug 3, 2016, 03:43 PM
Non-FO/TE/BO only cares about element if they have a Linked Character so they can go play PSO2es. Since, you know, Element comprises a vast majority of your damage in that game.

silo1991
Aug 3, 2016, 04:20 PM
elements are important depending of which enemies you fight most ( i mean if you want to do most damage as possible)

D-Inferno
Aug 3, 2016, 04:25 PM
The actual type of element was mostly useless until Element Conversion happened. Then they went and made Element Stance... Weapon Attribute was always a stupid concept even in PSO1.