PDA

View Full Version : How is PSO2 doing financially and in popularity atm?

D-Inferno
Aug 3, 2016, 04:10 PM
Is it known if the newbies from PS4 + anime actually stuck around? And if PSO2 being 4 years old with tons of clutter is actually taking a toll on it?

Mostly looking for JP sources for those who have access to it (2ch; financial reports, ect).

Ezodagrom
Aug 3, 2016, 04:22 PM
With regard to the Entertainment Contents Business, “PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2” distribution on PlayStation®4 has started in the field of digital game software, and the number of simultaneous access reached the largest ever 130,000, breaking the record. It celebrated the fourth anniversary from its release on July 4, 2016, and it continues to maintain its popularity.
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201703_1q_tanshin_e_final_.pdf
SEGA's latest financial report.

Korima
Aug 3, 2016, 04:28 PM
When companies talk about things like "simultaneaous access reached" that means bad news.

But well, I think they are doing good, the content they are making for the game cost a few pennies.

D-Inferno
Aug 3, 2016, 04:30 PM
130,000 logging in I think was when Yamato came out (or the PS4 update). But that's just logins to check things out; did that "popularity" last?

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2016, 04:31 PM
When companies talk about things like "simultaneaous access reached" that means bad news.Not really, even games that are doing well try to get as many people playing as they can. It's kind of important to the longevity of online games in general since players=content.

Ezodagrom
Aug 3, 2016, 04:34 PM
When companies talk about things like "simultaneaous access reached" that means bad news.

But well, I think they are doing good, the content they are making for the game cost a few pennies.
As far as I know SEGA always announced the peak number of concurrent connections whenever there was a new record though, so nothing really changed reports wise for this report to mean bad news.

130,000 logging in I think was when Yamato came out (or the PS4 update). But that's just logins to check things out; did that "popularity" last?
They mention that the game continues to maintain popularity as of the 4th anniversary, I guess.

Zysets
Aug 4, 2016, 12:06 AM
It's just an observation, so I wouldn't count on it to be a dependable way to measure the popularity, but ever since Ep4 and the Anime started, I've seen Ships hit "congested" a bit more often than they used to during the hours when more JP players are on.

TaigaUC
Aug 4, 2016, 08:04 AM
My friends list and GJ lists have been pretty much the same for a while.
I often run into the same people I've seen around, too. Even though I only log in for certain EQs sometimes.

Seems same as usual.

Zysets
Aug 4, 2016, 10:50 AM
I find it depends on the time of day, sometimes half my friendslist is on, other times I'm alone, and I have been meeting new people recently. But like I said it's probably not a good indicator of popularity, just a personal observation.