View Full Version : JP PSO2 8/24 New Skill Rings

sparab
Aug 4, 2016, 09:51 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/08/160803a.html

L/Bullet Bow Homing
- Charged normal attack can trace enemy
- PA are not affected

L/Jet Boots Element Keep
- After changing JB element through charged tech, weapon action will not erase the changed element
- Skill "JB element bust" is disabled

L/Wand Element Change
- When wand gear is filled, charged tech will change wand element to the tech element
- Affect both normal attack and gear burst
- "Certain" tech will not change wand element when you charge them

L/Maid Lovers
- Increase healing effect of mate items
- Shorter motion when using a mate item

L/Standing Sign
- A shiny ring appears when standing snipe is in effect
- Thank you sega!

L/Another Launcher Mode
- Launcher normal attack becomes projectile
- Increase damage and area of effect

L/Short Mirage
- Decrease traveling distance of mirage escape
- Shorter invulnerable frame(?)

R/Just Reversal Recover
- Copy of Br skill Just Reversal Recover

R/Heal Share
- Copy of Bo skill Heal Share

R/Adrenaline
- Copy of Fi skill Adrenaline

ShinMegamiSensei
Aug 4, 2016, 10:07 AM
I-it's not like I was almost done with a rainbow 13* wand set or anything...

But seriously, that wand ring is cool. Nice that zondeel and maybe zanverse wont change the element of the wand.

final_attack
Aug 4, 2016, 10:12 AM
L/Maid Lovers
- Increase healing effect of mate items
- Shorter motion when using a mate item

L/Standing Sign
- A shiny ring appears when standing snipe is in effect
- Thank you sega!

L/Another Launcher Mode
- Launcher normal attack becomes projectile
- Increase damage and area of effect

L/Wand Element Change
- When wand gear is filled, charged tech will change wand element to the tech element
- Affect both normal attack and gear burst
- "Certain" tech will not change wand element when you charge them

Not "Mate Lovers"?
I wonder if it affect Mates from AutomateHalfline / Deadline .....

I wonder if Standing Sign will also provide damage bonus

So, I guess Another Launcher only boost normal attack huh o-o
I wonder if the damage bonus is high .....

That Wand Ele change does seems extremely useful for wand whacking Te .... the cost to make Rainbow weapons .....
I wonder if we'll start seeing more Te-main o-o

DatFox
Aug 4, 2016, 10:19 AM
I wonder if we'll start seeing more Te-main o-o

We better! I hate maining Techer, so it would be nice to have them around again. Being the only/one of two Techers in an MPA is a terrible experience when you're the Zanverse-bot. ^9000% Hate Accumulation sure is fun.

... Still looking for a L/ring for my melee classes though. I guess Mate/Maid(why?) Lovers it is.

Suplin
Aug 4, 2016, 10:23 AM
I-it's not like I was almost done with a rainbow 13* wand set or anything...

But seriously, that wand ring is cool. Nice that zondeel and maybe zanverse wont change the element of the wand.

Unless i am reading this wrong they did not state if those spells will stop element from changing and are probably just referring to how some current techs like shifta/deband dont change your attribute when you cast them

sparab
Aug 4, 2016, 10:36 AM
I wonder if Standing Sign will also provide damage bonus

Yes. It gives you 20 R-atk at max level.

final_attack
Aug 4, 2016, 10:40 AM
Yes. It gives you 20 R-atk at max level.

Ah, I meant like PerfectKeeper Ring (3%) or things like that ^^; Other than Stat bonus from grinding it.
Well, gonna wait and see once it's released :D

Thanks for the list and description :D

wefwq
Aug 4, 2016, 10:41 AM
L/Maid Lovers
"unf"

Standing sign and launcher mode ring felt so wrong, these should be build-in feature.

Zysets
Aug 4, 2016, 10:47 AM
The Mate ring looks like it'll be pretty helpful, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice L/TD Airchase, regardless I like this new set of rings.

Aveus
Aug 4, 2016, 10:58 AM
I really hope that the JB ring includes the weapon action of Vinto in that equation, if not the ring is trash.

sparab
Aug 4, 2016, 11:02 AM
"unf"

Standing sign and launcher mode ring felt so wrong, these should be build-in feature.

L/Pet HP Display
- Shows your pet health bar next to your health!

L/Multiple Untekk
- Dudu can untekk multiple items a time instead of 1!

L/AC Autocharge
- Automatically charge AC when your balance is low!

L/100 Scratch
- Allows you to play AC scratch 100 times in a click!
- Fun scratch is not affected

Altiea
Aug 4, 2016, 11:21 AM
All things considered, Mate Lovers can probably stack with Braver's Quick Mate. I wonder how fast the animation would be.

yoshiblue
Aug 4, 2016, 11:30 AM
You don't even stop anymore. You just inject your leg on the go, kotor style

They should make a ring that boosts damage based on the number of male newmen players in your party.

Poyonche
Aug 4, 2016, 11:40 AM
I really hope that the JB ring includes the weapon action of Vinto in that equation, if not the ring is trash.

If yes best ring ever for me. :wacko:

(I just need to max the ele of my Tagami jetboots)

sparab
Aug 4, 2016, 11:51 AM
Vinto empties JB gear which causes it to lose element.

The new ring only allows you to keep element while doing weapon action dodge

Poyonche
Aug 4, 2016, 12:00 PM
Vinto empties JB gear which causes it to lose element.

The new ring only allows you to keep element while doing weapon action dodge

Welp, this is still good for me, as I randomly press shift action some times (or press twice idk why when doing Gran Wave and Strike Gust).

Aveus
Aug 4, 2016, 12:12 PM
That's very disappointing, the ring basically makes using Zondeel with JB even more annoying than it is now...

Xaelouse
Aug 4, 2016, 03:13 PM
The ring would be pretty pointless even if element was kept on Vinto. There are or would be better L rings in the future

Altiea
Aug 4, 2016, 03:34 PM
In all fairness, the Element Keep ring isn't that useful to begin with. All it says is "Hey, you can spam your Weapon Action now!".

Aveus
Aug 4, 2016, 03:44 PM
In all fairness, the Element Keep ring isn't that useful to begin with. All it says is "Hey, you can spam your Weapon Action now!".

That's my point, If it had kept the elemental charge through Vinto it would have been very useful since it would remove the need to cast a 20-30pp tech that does next to no damage after every Vinto on enemies that aren't weak to light or whatever your main boots element is.

Hrith
Aug 4, 2016, 04:03 PM
The only thing I want from that jet boots ring is to allow me to keep my element after the PA Wind Sieger. If not, it's useless.

Wand ring looks impressively good.

Cure Shock
Aug 4, 2016, 04:47 PM
Can't wait for the Wand ring and yes, I'm perplexed 'bout Bo ring too lol, but imho it'll definitely keep the element after Vinto.
Otherwise it doesn't make any sense, without Elemental Burst you cannot lose your element while using weapon action afaik.

Tunga
Aug 4, 2016, 06:09 PM
I'll take that JB ring over DB shitty snatch step either way.

Zyrusticae
Aug 4, 2016, 07:59 PM
Everyone's gushing over the wand element swap ring, but all I can think of is when will Force get a rod equivalent. They need it *way* more than Techers need theirs...

nguuuquaaa
Aug 4, 2016, 08:35 PM
Force is plenty strong even off-element, no need to buff it more.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 4, 2016, 09:18 PM
Down with compound techs.

I would welcome an ele changing ring for Fo though. Weapon element system in this game is all sorts of cancer.

Bullet bow homing ring grants S/R atk on upgrades?

Tunga
Aug 4, 2016, 09:48 PM
Does adrenaline work on shifta/Deband? I would trade that over any ring for Bo instantly if it does.
(If the value is decent ofc)

nguuuquaaa
Aug 4, 2016, 09:55 PM
What are you talking about, Adrenaline is a Shifta/Deband buff skill :wacko:
Tho Adrenaline is useless without Techer's Extend Assist. It add 30s to each tick, much like Long Time Assist but only on own self.

Tunga
Aug 4, 2016, 10:07 PM
I thought it was for shiftarides and stuff. Have to admit i have never used that skill (or even care about Fighter anyway).

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2016, 11:01 PM
What are you talking about, Adrenaline is a Shifta/Deband buff skill :wacko:
Tho Adrenaline is useless without Techer's Extend Assist. It add 30s to each tick, much like Long Time Assist but only on own self. It's useful for non-techer casting classes because it lets you tap cast shifta and deband to get the full effect. I imagine the ring is gonna have a really crappy bonus like 1s per level or something though.

I could see it being useful for class combos like Bo/Hu or Fo/Te.

Dammy
Aug 5, 2016, 12:10 AM
nah , i dont think it going to be useful , killing bonus is awesome for mobbing, especially for shrike ,
and for bossing there no need for adrenaline ring either , because there always someone who cast shifta , and you have better rings like crit one

Tunga
Aug 5, 2016, 02:51 AM
because there always someone who cast shifta
techers are not always in a mpa. Besides no one will keep my buffs at 3 minutes (if a te sub/main buffs me). The faster to 3 minutes the better.

and you have better rings like crit one
We don't know the value yet. I will expect atleast 10-15 seconds for it, but since this is sega it will prob be 5 secs. I'd still rather keep KB than waste time grinding for a shitty 3% damage boost.

Shiyo
Aug 5, 2016, 03:17 AM
All the new good rings are in slots that can't be replaced by them, good job Sega.
HU and FI both need their L ring slots for quadrupling their dps with extremely powerful rings(gear save and tornado ring) so they can't use the "maid(mate)" ring.

TE needs tech charge parry ring so can't really use their element change ring either.

What the hell, why aren't they right rings? Right rings are GARBAGE.

Sonichi
Aug 5, 2016, 05:17 AM
All the new good rings are in slots that can't be replaced by them, good job Sega.
HU and FI both need their L ring slots for quadrupling their dps with extremely powerful rings(gear save and tornado ring) so they can't use the "maid(mate)" ring.

TE needs tech charge parry ring so can't really use their element change ring either.

What the hell, why aren't they right rings? Right rings are GARBAGE.

You won't need tech charge parry if you're going to be wand smacking for the majority of a quest, and if you do, it's easy enough to quickly swap it out using hotkeys. Fighter has to do the same, stop complaining it's better than no rings at all.

Hrith
Aug 5, 2016, 05:53 AM
L/Hunter Gear Save is extremely redundant with Hunter Geat Boost. I never attack without gear, already; it's completely superfluous.

Selphea
Aug 5, 2016, 06:30 AM
If anything gimme JB Gear save to halve Vinto's consumption :p

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2016, 06:45 AM
Force is plenty strong even off-element, no need to buff it more.
It's still completely idiotic how much of a difference it makes to have weapons matching tech element.

If anything, maybe that bloody skill should just be removed outright. It's too stupid to be forced to build a rainbow palette if you want to be 100% effective in most scenarios (AND you have tech crafting on top of that, which no other class has to deal with).

Selphea
Aug 5, 2016, 06:50 AM
Just run Fire and Light on errything

I mean you even get PPC ring and Ray PP discount nowadays to be Fire Fo/Br or Fo/Fi in other content.

Tunga
Aug 5, 2016, 08:05 AM
Why didnt they make a DBs version of that wand ring.

final_attack
Aug 5, 2016, 08:12 AM

I'll consider playing DB Bo should that happen lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2016, 08:34 AM

Why didnt they make a Rod version of that wand ring?

Hell, why the fuck is weapon element dependency skills a thing in this game anyway when the only thing it made any kind of sense on after all these years is Jet Boots? Anything else takes up to a half dozen weapons just to be optimal.

Shiyo
Aug 5, 2016, 08:37 AM
Why do 13 stars drop with less than 60 element?
Why does element on weapon exist at all besides a big "FUCK YOU" when you finally get a rare drop?

It's an outdated shit mechanic that they think is ok because cash shop items can fix it! Scratch today!

Sonichi
Aug 5, 2016, 09:00 AM
Why do 13 stars drop with less than 60 element?
Why does element on weapon exist at all besides a big "FUCK YOU" when you finally get a rare drop?

It's an outdated shit mechanic that they think is ok because cash shop items can fix it! Scratch today!

Use Fortunate Omen charm and never suffer from the wrong element on drop. Use Collect Files or Stone Exchanges to max your element. It's not very hard at all, in fact one could say nowadays it's easier than ever. Yes the element system is incredibly flawed, but it's not going anywhere, no amount of complaining even if you did send it to SEGA directly would change it.

sparab
Aug 5, 2016, 09:32 AM
Use Fortunate Omen charm and never suffer from the wrong element on drop. Use Collect Files or Stone Exchanges to max your element. It's not very hard at all, in fact one could say nowadays it's easier than ever. Yes the element system is incredibly flawed, but it's not going anywhere, no amount of complaining even if you did send it to SEGA directly would change it.

I stopped bringing fortunate omen after the charm became a thing and saved more than 20m untekk fee.

Counting on a direct drop *13 is bad for your wallet.

Sonichi
Aug 5, 2016, 09:48 AM
I stopped bringing fortunate omen after the charm became a thing and saved more than 20m untekk fee.

Counting on a direct drop *13 is bad for your wallet.

20m? Maybe that's your fault for bulk untekking everything in one go? I don't think untek fees are a problem unless you hold onto them like that or actually do not do anything in the game to make money.

As for the charm, players DID NOT complain about the element system, instead they complained about having to SWAP WEAPON to guarantee elements on their drops. So really the playerbase shot itself in the foot in that regard, instead of making a meaningful change people complained they had to use a bandaid fix, and then settled with that and not a word about it since.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2016, 09:59 AM
So really the playerbase shot itself in the foot in that regard, instead of making a meaningful change people complained they had to use a bandaid fix, and then settled with that and not a word about it since.

90% of what sega does is bandaid fixes. Even if the complaints came with specific suggestions, sega would most likely do the simplest bandaid fix possible instead of changing things at the core because apparently this game is a coding mess that they can't be arsed to deal with longer than necessary.

I'm damn sure people were specific in their complaints about the power spikes on PA levels, and they fixed it properly for a time when ep3 first came out. Then they did the lvl17 PA mess likely because they didn't want to bother doing actual work to balance PAs. Took me 2-3 months to get that 10% damage boost on sakura end.

Hrith
Aug 5, 2016, 10:06 AM
Like that L/Standing Sign ring... Why not make that effect included in the Standing Snipe 1 skill, huh, SEGA?

Dammy
Aug 5, 2016, 10:09 AM
it could have damage bonus included, like stylish roll , we dont know yet

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2016, 10:10 AM
Like that L/Standing Sign ring... Why not make that effect included in the Standing Snipe 1 skill, huh, SEGA?

Same could be said of the short combat ring...

1: KC should only chase targets you lock on to instead of making a ring that entirely disables the utility completely.
2: that should have been how KC worked from day 1.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2016, 11:54 AM
Bleh. I haven't Gathered for months. It's not something I enjoy or want to do.

Shiyo
Aug 5, 2016, 11:56 AM
You won't need tech charge parry if you're going to be wand smacking for the majority of a quest, and if you do, it's easy enough to quickly swap it out using hotkeys. Fighter has to do the same, stop complaining it's better than no rings at all.
Swapping rings mid quest is actually complete cancer, so no.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2016, 12:13 PM

Mid quest, not so much.
Mid boss fight, now that is a pita.
I'd like to know what hotkey setup he's referring to for quick switching rings, because I'd love a better method of switching between pp convert ring, and PK striking ring mid-fight.

Sonichi
Aug 5, 2016, 12:46 PM

Only hindering yourself by protesting and not doing it. Learn to work with what you're given or don't play at all I guess. You'd complain about anything anyways lol

As for hotkeys, there are the Function keys, they can open a menu directly, it takes no more than 1-2 seconds at MOST if you're slow at it to click the ring slot, click the ring, press F1 (or whatever you have default) to close all windows and continue playing. If TAers can do this during time-sensitive competition, so can you during any relaxed-environment quest, especially if it's just a mob driven one.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2016, 01:05 PM
As for hotkeys, there are the Function keys, they can open a menu directly, it takes no more than 1-2 seconds at MOST if you're slow at it to click the ring slot, click the ring, press F1 (or whatever you have default) to close all windows and continue playing.

There's my problem with it.

Most other decent mmos have native macro functionality to do something like this in one key press without having to put gameplay on pause. To do something like this when I just want 20 seconds of PP convert every 2 minutes, then switch back to PK ring of choice after 20 seconds mid-fight against a durable enemy like PD can easily be needlessly annoying, and probably not even worth the trouble.

We're getting chat commands I can set to my numberpad to swap entire outfits on the fly, but we don't have something to enable smoother ring swapping? I've been letting my PP convert ring collect dust lately because of this.

Xaeris
Aug 5, 2016, 02:26 PM
All those years changing outfits in mid quest have prepared me.

Shiyo
Aug 5, 2016, 03:42 PM
Only hindering yourself by protesting and not doing it. Learn to work with what you're given or don't play at all I guess. You'd complain about anything anyways lol

Fuck off with your snarky remarks.

Xaelouse
Aug 5, 2016, 03:52 PM
Well, if you already have rainbow wands anyway, there's no need for the new ring. Likewise for the Jet Boots (which actually fixes the Vinto problem)...

Sonichi
Aug 5, 2016, 04:08 PM
Fuck off with your snarky remarks.

Calm down.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 6, 2016, 12:15 AM
Would make JB's even more pointless to play

ZerotakerZX
Aug 6, 2016, 12:28 AM
Let us better nag about about sega unability to add rings changing chat commands

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2016, 01:07 AM
I swap rings out in the middle of boss fights and I still think it's bullshit.
Our characters have 8 fingers that don't even move, and they can't wear more than one ring at once?
The entire ring system is half-assed. You can tell they don't give a shit.
And I still think it's f'd up that rings affect AIS. You can tell they couldn't be bothered making proper AIS customization instead.

I suspect they intentionally implement half-assed shit so they can "complete" it a few years later, much to everyone's glee and worship.
Imagine if your game was perfect from the get-go. There'd be nothing to add. This way, they always have something to improve upon, which satisfies most people.
Expect Episode 5 to have a new "multiple ring system" that requires going back to kill Rockbear and forest friends again.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 6, 2016, 01:42 AM
Our characters have 8 fingers that don't even move, and they can't wear more than one ring at once?
And I still think it's f'd up that rings affect AIS. You can tell they couldn't be bothered making proper AIS customization instead.

I suspect they intentionally implement half-assed shit so they can "complete" it a few years later, much to everyone's glee and worship.
Imagine if your game was perfect from the get-go. There'd be nothing to add. This way, they always have something to improve upon, which satisfies most people.
Expect Episode 5 to have a new "multiple ring system" that requires going back to kill Rockbear and forest friends again.

many games wont allow players to wear all the rings they want. Dont forget about toes, piercing and earrings, and the fact that you can put multiple rings on a single finger. rarely characters also have dongs that can be used to.
But lack of chat commands... that a real problem.

Sonichi
Aug 6, 2016, 04:23 AM

At this point it feels to me like they're using skill rings to make people's classes/builds feel diverse, for example some might take PPC and some might take perfect keeper. A cheap way to make it feel like classes are not just everyone using the same cookie cutter build. Unfortunately it doesn't work. For any form of actual diversity to builds they'd need revamp skill trees, but they won't because they're scared of touching them except adding standalone skills.

Shiyo
Aug 6, 2016, 04:30 AM
Controller can't even use chat commands to swap things and playing with controller AND keyboard gives me a headache and feels bad so I'd rather not have to play around swapping rings as an actual mechanic.

Also controller is more fun for this type of game, and I'm an RTS + MMO gamer from 2000 who grew up on things like SC1 WC3 and Diablo1-2, well, technically I grew up on NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1 but yeah.

Zephyrion
Aug 6, 2016, 04:43 AM
Wow people sure are getting worked up over rings that don't impact the game siginificantly
If anything, Sega should have locked ring swap once you take the teleporter/when you're out of campship/specific breather areas. I'm pretty sure they didn't expect people to want to swap rings mid-quest (after all, the breather area for Yamato,Odin and the likes are there specifically for you to change your gear/rings) and therefore didn't bother to implement that feature, and therefore allow people to use ring swap to get rid of rings on cooldown and toggle another ring's skill,which is definitely not how rings were intended to be used
....And then people complain like crazy about not having a shortcut that allows them to do something that normally shouldn't be possible in the first place,yeah Sega derped up, yeah Sega didn't design the rings perfectly, but I think complaining about things like rings and armor swaps (which are items that are supposed to stay where they are,unlike weapon swapping which btw always had proper shortcuts) is pointless.

Xaeris
Aug 6, 2016, 05:43 AM
>DS Kamatachi
>doesn't impact the game signifcantly

lol.

Sonichi
Aug 6, 2016, 06:05 AM
Controller can't even use chat commands to swap things and playing with controller AND keyboard gives me a headache and feels bad so I'd rather not have to play around swapping rings as an actual mechanic.

Also controller is more fun for this type of game, and I'm an RTS + MMO gamer from 2000 who grew up on things like SC1 WC3 and Diablo1-2, well, technically I grew up on NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1 but yeah.

Not played much with controller for PSO2, I prefer keyboard just for certain things like Te/Br TAing, or TPSing being more accurate and responsive (in my opinion) and having access to those quick equipment changes. But it is a problem that controller setups can't really make use of it. Would be nice to see a "My Set" command for chat just like the "MyFashion" loadout changes coming next week, but I guess fashion comes first right?

Another idea might be to have a unit/ring roulette just like how you change weapons/subpalletes. Up/Down on dpad changes your weapons etc, if you hit to the sides it goes to sub-pallette changing, so I guess the question is could we have the other direction handle 3units/2rings on a roller of say, 3 different options? Sub palletes on right toggle, units/rings on left toggle.

Superia
Aug 6, 2016, 06:06 AM
Most of the good/decent rings are just stuff that should have already existed in the default game, e.g. forward s-roll, tech charge parry, ds kamaitachi. But since they don't...it's pretty ignorant to say they aren't important. Even some of the ones that just copy some other skill are quite useful in many scenarios.

Zephyrion
Aug 6, 2016, 06:13 AM
>DS Kamatachi
>doesn't impact the game signifcantly

lol.

Point taken xD I guess it's my bias as a RA who couldn't care less about the poor ring pool at its disposal^^
That being said, I still think overriding right rings cooldown feels wrong in many respects. I'm not happy with the idea of switching them for Fi weapons just to take advantage of the bonus for every single weapon either, only one weapon should get a boost and the others be played the old-fashioned way (huh then again kamaitachi Chaos riser would completely obliterate what every other ring has to offer)
Welp, I guess it's a part of the ring system issues xD. Some of them would be better on the skill trees than on your fingers that much I agree with.

sparab
Aug 6, 2016, 09:57 AM

Those "rings"are actually bracelets, which sega's naming department cannot spell.

Icefrenzy
Aug 6, 2016, 11:34 AM
Would appreciate if someone can find what materials I need to craft these since I want to get some of these as soon as its out =v=b

Tunga
Aug 6, 2016, 12:22 PM
Skill rings should've been a one buy, one use deal like knuckle chase and short combat. Grinding enough exp to reach level 75 (again and again) and hours fishing and mining for a skill that's 5+ times weaker than the original is still bs.

final_attack
Aug 6, 2016, 12:33 PM
Would appreciate if someone can find what materials I need to craft these since I want to get some of these as soon as its out =v=b

Google translate says ダイヤ = Diamond, so I'll use that. If I read it right, The katakana before Diamond says Las Vegas.
I dunno what the English patch translate those items, so ......

I assumed Tokyo's rock translated to Earth Rock?

[SPOILER-BOX]Bullet Bow Homing
Vopal Rock (3) + Facility Tourmaline (1)

JB Elemental Keep
Earth Rock(3) + Las Vegas Diamond (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

Wand-E-Change
Lilipa Rock (3) + Lapis Lazuli (1)

Mate Lovers
Lilipa Rock (3) + Topaz (1)

Standing Sign
Vopal Rock (3) + Facility Tourmaline (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

A-Launcher Mode
Earth Rock(3) + Las Vegas Diamond (1)

Short Mirage
Vopal Rock (3) + Facility Tourmaline (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

J--Reversal Cover
Earth Rock (3) + Las Vegas Diamond (1)

no SS for Adrenaline and HealShare.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, did broadcast / trailer said they will gave us 2 more new free-field for Gathering? I haven't seen Tourmaline in wiki .....

Sonichi
Aug 6, 2016, 12:40 PM
Google translate says ダイヤ = Diamond, so I'll use that. If I read it right, The katakana before Diamond says Last Vegas.
Also, I dunno what the English patch translate those items, so ......

I assumed Tokyo's rock translated to Earth Rock?

[SPOILER-BOX]Bullet Bow Homing
Vopal Rock (3) + Tourmaline (1)

JB Elemental Keep
Earth Rock(? Tokyo, I believe. 3) + Last Vegas Diamond (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

Wand-E-Change
Lilipa Rock (3) + Lapis Lazuli (1)

Mate Lovers
Lilipa Rock (3) + Topaz (1)

Standing Sign
Vopal Rock (3) + Tourmaline (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

A-Launcher Mode
Earth Rock(3) + Last Vegas Diamond (1)

Short Mirage
Vopal Rock (3) + Tourmaline (6) + Lambda Grinder (15)

J--Reversal Cover
Earth Rock (3) + Last Vegas Diamond (1)

no SS for Adrenaline and HealShare.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, did broadcast / trailer said they will gave us 2 more new free-field for Gathering? I haven't seen Tourmaline in wiki .....

Vegas and Facility are the two new maps for gathering.

final_attack
Aug 6, 2016, 12:42 PM
Vegas and Facility are the two new maps for gathering.

Ah, I see. Thank you.
I forgot if I had seen the trailer or not O-o

Aine
Aug 6, 2016, 02:07 PM
Anyone can switch rings in the middle of the quest. That doesn't change the fact that it's shitty design.

D-Inferno
Aug 6, 2016, 02:09 PM
Sega should at the very least let you bind rings to weapon palettes. Not a perfect solution, but it would help.

I actually feel like Skill Rings would have been a better idea instead of Skill Trees; as the latter consists of mostly imbalanced dmg mods or poorly designed gimmicks. Of course, the way Skill RIngs are leveled atm are wrong, and the 1 per L/R limit is stupid.

RadiantLegend
Aug 9, 2016, 12:11 PM
Sega should at the very least let you bind rings to weapon palettes. Not a perfect solution, but it would help.

I actually feel like Skill Rings would have been a better idea instead of Skill Trees; as the latter consists of mostly imbalanced dmg mods or poorly designed gimmicks. Of course, the way Skill RIngs are leveled atm are wrong, and the 1 per L/R limit is stupid.

Please, weapon camo while they are at it. Ring binding to weapon palette would be fantastic.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 9, 2016, 02:21 PM
Not sure if this was already answered, but I'm assuming bullet bow homing ring has the options of increasing S/R atk at least? Both of the current shitty braver left rings only increase defenses to make them look even worse.

Loveless62
Aug 9, 2016, 03:51 PM
I think Sega probably figured players would just pick a single ring per equipment set and leave it at that. At the same time, since Sega lets players swap most other things mid-field (costumes, units, weapons, weapon palettes, etc.), they allow ring mid-field swapping as well. If players want to try-hard with rings, Sega is not going to stop them.

If you pressed the issue with Sega, they would probably give you a response of "working as intended".

As a thought experiment, why not carry this to the other extreme?. If Sega added macros to swap rings, why not add a macro to swap units too? Suppose I am playing as a katana braver, and I want to swap to bow. Why not give me a macro to swap to my R-atk units? It sure would be convenient to help my bow attacks to hit a little harder. Why would this be considered awkward if ring swapping is not?

wefwq
Aug 9, 2016, 05:51 PM
"Technical Difficulties"

Zorak000
Aug 9, 2016, 08:32 PM
Yeah I think they have been fighting the base engine of this over-glorified PSU/PSP2I mod longer than they should have lol

Anyway back on subject, I can only see one of two outcomes for the Wand Element ring: 1.) they make it so megiverse/zondeel/zanverse don't change your element, and that change applies to jet boots too, or 2.) it works the same as jet boots currently, making it super hard to use unless you already use a lot of uncharged zondeel/zanverse/megiverse.

Blocking with Resta is cool and all, but yeah I would like to only need to farm up one Ray Wand thank you very much. Hell I might even consider Austere Axe finally.

the only thing better would be if they made a ring that causes striking damage to build Compound Tech charge.

it took them until PSP2/I to let you bind armor to your weapon pallet, in a game where your armor also had element and element was a much, much bigger factor. MAYBE they might figure out how to work around their terrible hardcoded engine limitations and let us map rings to the pallet sometime before mid-episode 5

Also Elemental Convert is a fine skill; I might not have liked it at first but that was just me being lazy. but right now I am even more lazy because I just use my light Austere Arm for everything. yeah sure Nox Kreig and Gal Wind would still manage to outdamage a light austere arm for dark and wind techs I think, but eh this powerglove is still melting through everything fast enough

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 9, 2016, 09:12 PM
the only thing better would be if they made a ring that causes striking damage to build Compound Tech charge.

You know what would be better than that? If compound techs died in a fire.

yoshiblue
Aug 9, 2016, 09:22 PM
Would be interesting if other classes got compound techs in the way of auras and giant AoEs. The catch is you can't use force gear. :nerd:

sparab
Aug 9, 2016, 09:28 PM
Apparently sega spent all their time and resource on the upcoming sachiko raid instead of improving gameplay.

But wait, they have never test played this game and are clueless about what players need.

silo1991
Aug 9, 2016, 09:59 PM
everything related with the phantoms is meh in artistic terms , i just wonder why sega took that decision and most important how is even posible the JP players liked this direction , i mean after the titans and PD i wonder WHY

ANY new alien race could be enough but no.. they took the worst result ): also i think most of the phantoms in terms of gameplay are discarted enemies for other families
examples.
rats it was supposed to be some animal from naberius
the clowns and chariots of the coming soon: las vegas i think those are discarted toy darkers
road rollers , helicopters and tanks was supose to be some robots from lilipa
the bears maybe more discarted animals from naberius or even darkers
and the zombies was maybe a discarted type of darkers which could act more like a plague (maybe parasites with infestation more aggressive than usual ones )

PS: the only phantom i liked is train ghidoran , this enemy is witty just like the rest of the families in the game :-D^^8-):razz:

nguuuquaaa
Aug 9, 2016, 10:30 PM
Would be interesting if other classes got compound techs in the way of auras and giant AoEs.

Compound arts :wacko:

TaigaUC
Aug 9, 2016, 10:57 PM
I personally think PD's design is fine up until it sprouts a golden armor guy who talks too much.
Some JP people complained that Dragon EX would be a lot cooler if it didn't speak.
I don't like Double's design, and I don't like Harukotan. It just seems silly to me that there's an entire planet of Japanese mythological creatures and architecture.
It feels like instead of exploring the vast, deep depths of the unknown alien galaxy, the universe has become a lot smaller by mimicking Earth stuff.
It's like if every episode of Star Trek was about going to a planet of Italians, a planet of Mexico, a planet of Brazil, a planet of China, a planet of Africa.
It's just not "outer spacey".

I know JP people like Harukotan, but I don't really understand why I guess it's kinda like why so many Americans are excited about Las Vegas? Or it seems that way.
Phantoms would probably be okay in another game (eg. Parasite Eve), but I dunno... the whole Earth thing doesn't feel like Phantasy Star Online to me.

I recently saw pics of PSO Remake in progress, and that looks so much better.
I wish we could copy our characters over to that and play that instead.

I saw compound techs as a way of distracting from the repetition of casting the same spells over and over.
I personally can't stand Tech charge, release, charge, release, over and over.
Problem is, I don't think compounds occur often enough to sufficiently distract from the repetition. They're also too powerful (or too weak) and maybe too lengthy.
It'd probably have been better if they added some kind of Tech variation system that lets you powerup regular Techs if you do something interesting beforehand.
Like... command inputs, or something... I don't know.
Or maybe if you cast Techs under an element, it unlocks a new set of more powerful followup Techs.

KazukiQZ
Aug 9, 2016, 11:19 PM
Regarding Compound Tech-type attacks for other classes:

Melee could get 'Star Gazer' type of Super Attack.

Ranged can get 'AIS Blaster Laser Cannon' type lol

ArcaneTechs
Aug 9, 2016, 11:26 PM
You know what would be better than that? If compound techs died in a fire.
I could say the same thing about KBE and GT+SE but ehh lol BR good but gonna be awhile before it's top top

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2016, 11:30 PM
I personally think PD's design is fine up until it sprouts a golden armor guy who talks too much.
http://i.imgur.com/QSIQgdF.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/HVjgI6p.jpg[/spoiler-box]

...Also, it mostly speaks in one-word sentences. Not sure how that's "talking too much", unless your idea of "talking too much" is "talking at all".

Meteor Weapon
Aug 9, 2016, 11:33 PM
The one thing that made Force better in pso2 is you can now normal attack with rod to hasten up pp regeneration instead of standing or running around doing nothing to wait till your pp fully regenerate(PSU and PSO1 had no regen i think, so that sucks) and recently they added photon bullet thing so you don't have to risk killing yourself trying to melee smack boss.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 9, 2016, 11:33 PM

Literally the coolest boss in game dude, how do you not like PD's final form???

The one thing that made Force better in pso2 is you can now normal attack with rod to hasten up pp regeneration instead of standing or running around doing nothing to wait till your pp fully regenerate(PSU and PSO1 had no regen i think, so that sucks) and recently they added photon bullet thing so you don't have to risk killing yourself trying to melee smack boss.
PSO1/2 and PSU used Mono/Di/Tri Fluids=Photon Charge+Photon Charge Cosmo's for PP regen in their games.

Rod shoot still feels slow to recover PP, if you dont have +30(+40) Orbit Talis by now idk what your doing lol

Meteor Weapon
Aug 9, 2016, 11:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QSIQgdF.jpg
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/HVjgI6p.jpg[/spoiler-box]

...Also, he mostly speaks in one-word sentences. Not sure how that's "talking too much", unless your idea of "talking too much" is "talking at all".

PD is a beauty, I think he's talking about Loser who talks too much.....ZENCHI.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 9, 2016, 11:39 PM
Rod shoot still feels slow to recover PP, if you dont have +30(+40) Orbit Talis by now idk what your doing lol

Sadly I don't have Orbit Talis, I need more dem stones, been missing a lot of TD4 lately. Farming 2016 badge takes way too much time for me. _(<:3/

ArcaneTechs
Aug 9, 2016, 11:44 PM
Sadly I don't have Orbit Talis, I need more dem stones, been missing a lot of TD4 lately. Farming 2016 badge takes way too much time for me. _(<:3/
TD's for Plead and TD4 for Torana, solo XQ is your best bet for Torana outside someone doing TD 4 Triggers. They schedule TD4 like lol almost once a week or something, maybe 1-3 times a week at times not good for Western players.

You know what bosses suck?
1. Org Blan (cuz it has a bland design ho ho ho)
2. Cater Ransa (I don't think we needed a re-color)
3. Wolga after AI nerf (his only true challenger is TD Towers)
4. Anjujuj Hot Wheel (I get it, Japanese Myth's and folklore, boring though)
5. Codetta Idetta (just like Goron, once it's out of its cage, instant dead, boring again)

yoshiblue
Aug 9, 2016, 11:46 PM
I mean, I can see it. It would be like me shouting "Die" any time I do anything. Nothing interesting and it gets old after a while.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 9, 2016, 11:55 PM

I don't, Queen Vera instead :wacko:
Grinding old type is such a pain.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 10, 2016, 12:00 AM
I don't, Queen Vera instead :wacko:
Grinding old type is such a pain.
Queen Vierra recovers PP faster if your hitting something but I'd rather swap to Orbit then back if needed, I'm still iffy with NT grinding, feels only bareable with Empe stuff and you usually spend about or around the same amount as if you were doing the old type grinding, the only difference i'm still seeing is less usage on Grinder/Lambda Grinders

nguuuquaaa
Aug 10, 2016, 12:22 AM
After grinding Austere rod on boost week, I was down to... 13 (?) Lambda Grinders, so I really don't have any resources for grinding another old type right now.

Also even meseta-wise, NT grinding costs less than old type (even less with Emper fodders), idk how you can +40 old type with 4m like how +35 NT usually costs.
After rainy season I usually feed Nox with +3 or more 10* NT fodders. Eat quite some excubes, but still less than Grind Success Rate +30% usage for old type.

sparab
Aug 10, 2016, 01:03 AM
They are going to add egg recycle on a later update.

You can exchange ten *10 or ten *11 eggs for 1 lambda grinder. Exact 10 eggs of the same rarity must be used, not a mix of *10/*11.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 10, 2016, 01:56 AM

You can exchange ten *10 or ten *11 eggs for 1 lambda grinder. Exact 10 eggs of the same rarity must be used, not a mix of *10/*11.
still isnt enough for me to even pick up eggs tho, wonder if that 8th 13* cery egg from PD has been stepped on yet

Dammy
Aug 10, 2016, 02:04 AM
"Train Ghidoran, Type-15 Tank, and their rare counterparts will have increased drop rates for ★10 and ★11 Wanda Eggs on SH and XH.
Train Ghidoran, Type-15 Tank, and their rare counterparts will have decreased drop rates for ★7 and ★8 Wanda Eggs on SH and XH." © Bumped

this should be implemented for ALL bosses , and ALL types of eggs, imo , in current state it doesnt change anything

ArcaneTechs
Aug 10, 2016, 09:39 AM
© Bumped

this should be implemented for ALL bosses , and ALL types of eggs, imo , in current state it doesnt change anything

Eggs already ruin most of the boss drop pools, we dont need more eggs destroying drop pools but if u mean to turn them into default 10*^ for the usual 1 egg that drops then i guess thats ok but serioisly it needs to be where eggs only drop for SU and SU only

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 10, 2016, 10:59 AM
I got a 13* ceri egg from this PD to go with 13* melon egg during boost week x.x

silo1991
Aug 10, 2016, 08:09 PM
Some JP people complained that Dragon EX would be a lot cooler if it didn't speak.
I don't like Double's design, and I don't like Harukotan. It just seems silly to me that there's an entire planet of Japanese mythological creatures and architecture.
It feels like instead of exploring the vast, deep depths of the unknown alien galaxy, the universe has become a lot smaller by mimicking Earth stuff.
It's like if every episode of Star Trek was about going to a planet of Italians, a planet of Mexico, a planet of Brazil, a planet of China, a planet of Africa.
It's just not "outer spacey".

I know JP people like Harukotan, but I don't really understand why I guess it's kinda like why so many Americans are excited about Las Vegas? Or it seems that way.
Phantoms would probably be okay in another game (eg. Parasite Eve), but I dunno... the whole Earth thing doesn't feel like Phantasy Star Online to me.

I recently saw pics of PSO Remake in progress, and that looks so much better.
I wish we could copy our characters over to that and play that instead.

I saw compound techs as a way of distracting from the repetition of casting the same spells over and over.
I personally can't stand Tech charge, release, charge, release, over and over.
Problem is, I don't think compounds occur often enough to sufficiently distract from the repetition. They're also too powerful (or too weak) and maybe too lengthy.
It'd probably have been better if they added some kind of Tech variation system that lets you powerup regular Techs if you do something interesting beforehand.
Like... command inputs, or something... I don't know.
Or maybe if you cast Techs under an element, it unlocks a new set of more powerful followup Techs.

IMO harukotan could end up better if one of the factions was influenced by european middle age/Renaissance era . how you are not going to like PD having humanoid form if is posesing a human :P

Altiea
Aug 10, 2016, 08:35 PM
Its speaking is barely comprehensible though, one could equate it to grunting. Maybe it should just be silent?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 10, 2016, 08:57 PM
IMO harukotan could end up better if one of the factions was influenced by european middle age/Renaissance era

Sounds like fire emblem fanservi- I mean fates.

Tunga
Aug 10, 2016, 09:41 PM

Sega can never use a decent ratio for trading stuff.

silo1991
Aug 10, 2016, 09:48 PM
and i seriusly hate the eggs , those just gives me false hopes T_T like once i got a 13 star one D:< , if you are a summoner good for you but i dont plan to lvl up that class in long time

Hrith
Aug 11, 2016, 05:43 AM
My gripe with eggs is that they drop untekked. It serves literally zero purpose.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 11, 2016, 05:52 AM
Unused 12~13* weapons can be used as NT fodders, but unused 12~13* and unused candies are literally trashes. Please stop giving them at extremely high rate pls :(

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2016, 07:29 AM
My gripe with eggs is that they drop untekked. It serves literally zero purpose.Untekked eggs let you chose the element, and have a chance of the rare personality.

Hrith
Aug 12, 2016, 09:56 AM
Choosing the element on an egg is literally useless. You just buy an egg of your desired element and personality and increase its rarity afterwards. If 'rare' personalities only appear when tekking, well, there's an easy fix fot that...

Dammy
Aug 12, 2016, 10:16 AM
yeah , but since meta is to leave your vraolet at the storage , rare personalities of specific element are not that easy to get

Tunga
Aug 12, 2016, 02:03 PM
Don't you guys use fortunate omen from zieg?

ArcaneTechs
Aug 12, 2016, 03:26 PM
yeah , but since meta is to leave your vraolet at the storage

Wtf am i reading, i only do this for mag or EQs that i dont care what drops (cube refuel) but something like PD lol no

Dammy
Aug 12, 2016, 03:33 PM
PD is only quest where vraolet matters , at least amongst people i know

Remz69
Aug 12, 2016, 03:52 PM
i only use vraolet for affix fodder farm

Zephyrion
Aug 12, 2016, 04:12 PM

Ahem Extreme quests, Yamato (not only for the shitton of *13 that drop, but for high slot Yamato Factor items), TD4 (chance at orbit, but also high slot stat IV being common + Apprentice Soul). Yes it's not useful everywhere, but it is more often than not good to have on you.

As it was said Vraolet is mainly for fodder, like monkey bar, but it does its work well, I wouldn't take it everywhere, but I certainly wouldn't let it rot in my storage, it's just very useful

ArcaneTechs
Aug 12, 2016, 11:35 PM
Well i do agree, i suppose the only area's it matters is where your going for something specific