PDA

View Full Version : Can you be reported for massive extra help?

Korima
Aug 7, 2016, 01:39 PM
I mean, imagine I enter in a hard quest wtih 20 level player on it with my 75 level character and I kill all the mobs and the bosses in a instant. I mean maybe there are japanese people who can considered that annoying?

Icefrenzy
Aug 7, 2016, 01:48 PM
I don't think so since some JPs do it at other Freefields too when doing Featured Quests or unlocking areas.

Unless however...its intentionally just following the guy around and killing everything around them without consent _(:3

Serinah
Aug 7, 2016, 01:52 PM
I don't know if people would report you for doing it, but I know that I personally would find it very annoying.

Raujinn
Aug 7, 2016, 01:57 PM
Depends on what you're there for surely. If you want to learn the game, having a higher level destroying everything could be irritating. If you're just there to level up (say an alt), then it's free exp/clears COs faster so who cares.

doomdragon83
Aug 7, 2016, 03:32 PM
Being able to report something like that is dumb. They can just set up the mpa to prohibit higher level players or simply password it/friend/team mates only.
I guess if that high level person was following the lower level player, then it would be harassment but that's much different and helping others is something Sega encourages.

IchijinKali
Aug 7, 2016, 03:33 PM
Might I suggest the next time you feel like doing something similar, i.e. doing dailies on N, to create your own MPA map. When you create a password for your party the 2nd Radio Button locks the map so only parties that know the password can join the same MPA.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 7, 2016, 06:51 PM
You mean power leveling? No, killing thing instantly and the person getting annoyed, maybe but they could always leave and remake a room if they want. Reported and banned would be childish. Heck if this was the case, i should have been banned going from 22-75 in a 12hr period during boost week with friends and a random but thats not the case

sabitsuki
Aug 7, 2016, 07:49 PM
Like when I helped some lvl20-something new players with their TD3 run yesterday? _(:з」∠)_Seriously you weren't in that MPA right? That'd be too funny.

CoWorker
Aug 7, 2016, 10:18 PM
Its not really offensive in any shape or form, it just makes the run much quicker but it really won't benefit towards the high-leveled player and it will just waste time

But using multiple PCs and letting the low level chars afk and letting them auto-follow your main to earn easy exp/drops/meseta is borderline bannable especially if your going to use them as TACO slaves

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2016, 02:01 AM
That reminds me. One of the reasons I stopped playing with randoms during the first year of PSO2 was because of this.
There were times where I partied with randoms and it felt like I was killing everything and not giving anyone else a chance to do anything except run around.
I felt bad and had to purposely hold back to give people something to do. PSO2 isn't the only game that I've experienced this problem.

If it's during EQ and everyone is rushing and just want to clear, then it's fine.
But if they are messing around and want to actually play the game, then it's a jerk thing to do and someone might complain.
I'm certain some would see it as helpful and others would be annoyed.

By the way, when I saw the thread title, I thought you meant sitting in an EQ multi with crappy gear and letting people complete it for you.
You can't be reported for that (SEGA officially encourages it) but they might block or take pictures to post on the internet for ridiculing purposes.

Tunga
Aug 8, 2016, 10:42 AM
But using multiple PCs and letting the low level chars afk and letting them auto-follow your main to earn easy exp/drops/meseta

Are we talking about the b1 leech god? A.k.a level 75 no sub gunslash god...

Zysets
Aug 8, 2016, 01:00 PM
Not exactly the same issue, but I personally find it really annoying when I'm trying to take my time and fight everything, and someone just runs through and spawns everything just to get to the boss right away.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2016, 02:45 PM
In general it's a problem when enemies get spawned by people who don't fight them, and then nothing else spawns.
Then you don't have much choice but to run around looking for all the stragglers.

I think most people don't realize there's a spawn limit that prevents more stuff from spawning.
As evidenced by how many times I've seen people in EQs ignore stray enemies, and then nothing spawns as a result.

Sandmind
Aug 9, 2016, 03:17 AM
Off topic, but on topic to the off topic above. One time I was rushing to decol malluda and, late in area 2, I found the cake shop code. Easiest code ever when all you need to do is dance on top of those cake box with not even a rappy showing up. :wacko:

Kokurokoki
Aug 9, 2016, 03:49 AM
Are we talking about the b1 leech god? A.k.a level 75 no sub gunslash god...

Wait waht?