PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Fighter is teribbly weak? Can we inflict status ailments with melee weapon?

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:15 AM
I've been playing PSO2 with fighter as my main class but then i stopped because it's felt like fighter class really inferior to any other PSO2 class. I mean just look at the quest, i forgot the name of npc but there's a quest where we have to completed with certain class. There's ranger, hunter, and even braver quest but no fighter. Also when i go killing the monster, fighter damage really low with small range of attack. Yes, i can juggling in the air with dagger but the damage is still low. The knuckle basic attack also have very VERY limited range of attack even though the meteor fist deal huge damage. And dual saber also have very restricted attack area with small damage.Now i'm stuck because i've upgrade all my weapon to +10, choosing carefully for an augment that will help dealing damage, use the best PA for each weapon and i can't help to think it's still far more fragile, small range, small damage, and PP wasting class.

Okay now the question:
- Is fighter really are inferior than other class? If not, please tell me how fighter even equal with other class?
- Is there any information guide about how to use fighter? Maybe there's something wrong how i play it.
- There's status ailment in fighter class, can we inflict status ailment with melee weapon? How often do they proc?

Sirius-91
Aug 11, 2016, 07:19 AM
Fighter is one of those classes in which you do it right and you're OP or you play it wrong and your damage is terrible.

So, in short, this is either A) a troll post or B) You're playing the class wrong, git gud etc.

Zephyrion
Aug 11, 2016, 07:24 AM
- Fighter is actually one of the stronger classes in the game, but also one of the hardest to play, because tey rely on putting themselves to danger, and playing around positioning to get brave stance to trigger (remember it's +50% damage) along with tech arts JA and Limit Break, which are also very hard to use and trigger. However, if you manage to trigger everything correctly and live through it, Fi's damage is nothing but monstruous

-you should really check FI thread in the guide section, people will most certainly guide you and give you better info on this. but yeah, getting low damage with FI means either that your skill tree is built wrong, that you're not triggering the aforementioned skills correctly,that your weapons are sub-optimal or simply that you've yet to get a feel for every weapon, when and how to use them effectively and other things.

- You can if your weapon has an affix like panic/burn/freeze/poison/mirage/shock (preferrably lv IV or V). They proc very often with Double Saber, but you honestly don't need that part of the tree, as anything should be dead where it stands before you can truly make use of the extra damage. Chase is mostly used for certain class combinations that involves FI sub, but FI main doesn't need those at all.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:34 AM
Fighter is one of those classes in which you do it right and you're OP or you play it wrong and your damage is terrible.

So, in short, this is either A) a troll post or B) You're playing the class wrong, git gud etc.

That's the reason why i'm asking actually, thank you.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:36 AM
- Fighter is actually one of the stronger classes in the game, but also one of the hardest to play, because tey rely on putting themselves to danger, and playing around positioning to get brave stance to trigger (remember it's +50% damage) along with tech arts JA and Limit Break, which are also very hard to use and trigger. However, if you manage to trigger everything correctly and live through it, Fi's damage is nothing but monstruous

-you should really check FI thread in the guide section, people will most certainly guide you and give you better info on this. but yeah, getting low damage with FI means either that your skill tree is built wrong, that you're not triggering the aforementioned skills correctly,that your weapons are sub-optimal or simply that you've yet to get a feel for every weapon, when and how to use them effectively and other things.

- You can if your weapon has an affix like panic/burn/freeze/poison/mirage/shock (preferrably lv IV or V). They proc very often with Double Saber, but you honestly don't need that part of the tree, as anything should be dead where it stands before you can truly make use of the extra damage. Chase is mostly used for certain class combinations that involves FI sub, but FI main doesn't need those at all.

I'm sorry i'm new in this forum so, which PSO2 we are talking about because i'm playing PSO2 SEA and there's no Limit Break in there :(

TehCubey
Aug 11, 2016, 07:37 AM
Limit Break is necessary for top tier performance, but even without it the class can dish out some serious pain.

Questions:

1. What is your skill tree?
2. What PAs are you trying to use?
3. What level are you and what weapons are you using?

But basically I second others who said to bring it to the fighter thread.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the part where you said you play on SEA. That makes things trickier because most advice people give relate to the JP servers.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:42 AM
Limit Break is necessary for top tier performance, but even without it the class can dish out some serious pain.

Questions:

1. What is your skill tree?
2. What PAs are you trying to use?
3. What level are you and what weapons are you using?

But basically I second others who said to bring it to the fighter thread.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the part where you said you play on SEA. That makes things trickier because most advice people give relate to the JP servers.

So you're saying that this forum only for JP servers? And the skill tree is different between the server?

Sirius-91
Aug 11, 2016, 07:44 AM
So you're saying that this forum only for JP servers? And the skill tree is different between the server?
Huge difference actually.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 11, 2016, 07:45 AM
Most people here play on JP server. And SEA is at ep2 while JP is at ep4, there are a lot of difference in skill tree layout and PA performance.

isCasted
Aug 11, 2016, 07:53 AM
SEA server is 2 years behind JP, and also endgame is balanced around players spending AC to get costumes with massive stat boosts (which were never a thing in JP version). EP3 and EP4 balance changes made melee (especially Fighter) far, far more enjoyable.

There's also, like, a billion more reasons why PSO2JP is superior to SEA servers and why you should not support A$ia$oft.

Raid_Hirsh
Aug 11, 2016, 08:18 AM
SEA server is 2 years behind JP, and also endgame is balanced around players spending AC to get costumes with massive stat boosts (which were never a thing in JP version). EP3 and EP4 balance changes made melee (especially Fighter) far, far more enjoyable.

There's also, like, a billion more reasons why PSO2JP is superior to SEA servers and why you should not support A$ia$oft.

Basically this...

It's like AsiaSoft wants to compete with Nexon, another greedy corporation, for supremacy on who's
the greediest.

If anything, I would search on how to set-up a VPN and just play the Japanese variant. Trust me, you'll
thank yourself later, in the long run.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 08:20 AM

Ah that's really ... western? Okay if i want to play in PSO2JP there's this IP block right? and we can't freely buy costumes and things.Can you tell me how do people play in there?

TehCubey
Aug 11, 2016, 08:23 AM
Costumes can be bought for AC, but they can also be bought from player shops via visiphone.

I know people from the SEA region who play on the JP servers using the PSO2 tweaker and the proxy server.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 08:28 AM
Costumes can be bought for AC, but they can also be bought from player shops via visiphone.

I know people from the SEA region who play on the JP servers using the PSO2 tweaker and the proxy server.

AC means we pay for it right? If we pay, won't it detected if we use proxy? And payment method isn't as convenient as PSO2SEA i'm afraid :c

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 08:31 AM
SEA still doesn't have Limit Break? Or it's probably called something else because of the weird name changes.

From everything I've heard, JP version is vastly superior to SEA in every way.
There's no reason to play SEA except for convenience because Asiasoft made it difficult for South-East Asia to connect to the JP servers.

Basically, someone decided that banning all SEA players from JP would help the SEA server get more people.
But their version is so awful that the population there at peak time is around ~1000, while the JP peak population is around ~50,000+.
I think. I forget the numbers. Those numbers are from when we could see them, before the PS4 version. It was ~5000-~6000 per ship. Must be much higher now.

@jooozek (next post)
I bought a Mag+Item Pack package through ES a few weeks ago, so it still works for me.
I'm not in SEA, though (thankfully).

jooozek
Aug 11, 2016, 08:31 AM
i don't know if it changed but people were buying AC through PSO2es for android without proxies

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 08:40 AM
SEA still doesn't have Limit Break? Or it's probably called something else because of the weird name changes.

From everything I've heard, JP version is vastly superior to SEA in every way.
There's no reason to play SEA except for convenience because Asiasoft made it difficult for South-East Asia to connect to the JP servers.

Basically, someone decided that banning all SEA players from JP would help the SEA server get more people.
But their version is so awful that the population there at peak time is around ~1000, while the JP peak population is around ~50,000+.
I think. I forget the numbers. Those numbers are from when we could see them, before the PS4 version. It was ~5000-~6000 per ship. Must be much higher now.

@jooozek (next post)
I bought a Mag+Item Pack package through ES a few weeks ago, so it still works for me.
I'm not in SEA, though (thankfully).

Yeah, it's exactly because it's hard since they block my IP i've been playing in SEA server :(
And no, there's still no limit break and i almost crying how fighter seems underated, if you see in that server there's hardly fighter in there.

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 08:41 AM
i don't know if it changed but people were buying AC through PSO2es for android without proxies

What is that Android app?

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 08:45 AM
Basically this...

It's like AsiaSoft wants to compete with Nexon, another greedy corporation, for supremacy on who's
the greediest.

If anything, I would search on how to set-up a VPN and just play the Japanese variant. Trust me, you'll
thank yourself later, in the long run.

Ah that's sucks, if i use VPN my connection will too low to play pso2 :c

NephyrisX
Aug 11, 2016, 09:05 AM
Ah that's sucks, if i use VPN my connection will too low to play pso2 :c
Just use cyberkitsune's proxy. It's hassle free with PSOTweaker.

Zysets
Aug 11, 2016, 10:57 AM
What is that Android app?

PSO2es is a mobile game that connects to the PC/PS4/Vita game. Your character, Meseta, and items work in both, and you can also buy AC through the app with a wider variety of payment methods. PSO2es is only for the JP servers though.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 11, 2016, 11:08 AM
PSO2es is also available for iOS, but the last time I checked, AC on the main game is only shared with the Android version and not iOS.

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 11:12 AM
PSOTweaker comes with Cyberkitsune's proxy built in. I haven't used it, though.

AutumnChronicle
Aug 11, 2016, 11:34 AM
I live in SEA too. Cyberkitsune's proxy is the way to go to play on JP servers, unless you want to spend money on a private VPN. We're only a hour or two behind Japan too, so EQs aren't too hard to catch.

As for buying AC, I use PSO2es (download it from Bumped) and Tunnelbear to bypass the IP ban. Works fine with or without the tweaker.

Pyrei
Aug 11, 2016, 12:01 PM
while you SHOULD go get on the cyberkitsune proxy and play pso2 JP (really cant stress this enough as SEA server is just sad and there's plenty of SEA players on JP servers)

ill try to help you with SEA fighter from what I "remember" from ep2 PSO2JP fighter, please keep in mind this might have changed names and/or not be implemented on SEA servers yet. also keep in mind we don't have those costume boosts stuff (and I hope we never get those)

tree might be different than it is here because ep3 reworked all the routes on every class's skill trees in JP version (I looked for an old sim but didn't find one)

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIo0jdodBIol2dBdn8JksXI20000006doInI2HNdAdofJkfHnf dAIb00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000 000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

I'll list the skills here as well, I'm assuming the lv cap is 60 or 65 so the tree only uses 70 SP

---fighter mainclass tree skills---

DS gear
Knuckle gear
Twin Dagger gear
brave stance (max)
brave stance up (max)
brave stance critical (max?)
dead line slayer (lv3)
PP slayer (max)
adrenaline (optional but good skill)
Critical Strike (not sure if this is in SEA PSO2 yet)
DS wind parrying (not sure if this is in SEA PSO2 yet)
Knuckles gear boost (not sure if this is in SEA PSO2 yet)
Twin dagger spin move (not sure if this is in SEA PSO2 yet)
Chase advanced (for mobs only, not usable vs most bosses)
Chase advanced plus (for mobs only, not usable vs most bosses, also this one affects all damage types)
Satk up (however much SP is leftover goes into these 3 skills for more damage)

---hunter subclass tree skills---

hp up 1 (5)
sword gear
WL gear
Partisan gear
JA bonus 1 and 2 (max)
fury stance (max)
fury stance up 1 and 2 (max)
fury critical (max?)
fury combo up (lv5 or max)
war cry (1 point only)
healing guard (not sure if this is in SEA PSO2 yet, good optional utility skill tho)

---explanations of why these skills---

brave stance and fury stance are fighter's must haves as they account for most of your dmg. Next is gears which make all of the weapons fighter can wield not terribly bad so they are all a must get including the hunter gears. I'm not sure if you have a skill called critical strike over there, if you do have it its a must have as it makes critical hits matter, if you don't have that skill there then DON'T take all those critical boosting skills, as without critical strike critical hits DO NOT MATTER AT ALL. PP slayer is a good chunk of extra dmg especially when paired with niren kamui 11* daggers which were pretty popular in ep2. Chase Advanced is pretty much only for mobbing, when paired with chase bind (lv1 only) and chase advanced plus it makes mobbing SO MUCH easier on fighter as fighter's dmg spikes upwards by 40% (55%?) when using chase advanced related skills, you want to affix a status aliment to your weapon (preferably burn III or poison III) and use weapons and PAs that hit multiple times for this its best to affix double sabers for status-ing things, not that knuckles and daggers cant do statuses, its just Double saber has a higher general hit count than knuckles or daggers. Hunter skills are pretty much full fury and JA bonuses, get the gears still though as hunter weapons are still great on fighter. war cry is mostly for mining base defense quests as youll need to get the attention of things so you wont run around as much chasing mobs down.

---PAs to look out for---

Double saber: Deadly archer (careful with this one, need to aim it and it has a charged form that adds more hits), scissor edge (anti aerial), chaos riser (fill the DS gear before using this PA), acro effect (parry/guard effect)
Twin dagger: symphonic drive(strong homing and dmg), raging waltz(strong homing good combo starter), orchestra(finisher), bloody sarabande(good follow up PA), shoot polka (anti ground touching + good follow up), quick march
Knuckles: Backhand Smash (lethal one inch punch) , straight charge (gap closer + good mobbing dmg), pendulum roll (high dmg follow up), surprise knuckle (good follow up or starter)
sword: sonic arrow (ranged PA, good gear builder), ride slasher (excellent gear builder), nova strike (at full gear this is great for mobbing and follow up), rising edge (when at full gear finisher and great single target dmg), over end (finisher, never did like over end personally tho)
Wired lance: holding current (really strong vs stationary target), Kaiser rise (ranged + gear filler), wild round, other spin? ( the one where you grab a mob and spin them like a top into other mobs)
partisan: assault buster (dash + gap closer + high dmg for 1 hit), slide end (high dmg for one hit), zenith throw ("pick up throw" really good hitter when paired with vol graptor), vol graptor (dmg mirror/recorder deals whatever dmg was recorded by user after it was placed) , speed rain (mobbing)

there might be other good PAs and skills but this is top of my head stuff from 2 years ago...

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 12:19 PM
Don't worry about starting over on JP if you decide to. Getting back to max level is super easy and fast.

Pyrei
Aug 11, 2016, 06:58 PM
Don't worry about starting over on JP if you decide to. Getting back to max level is super easy and fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1000000% agreed, you can get to lv75 in a day if you know how, and don't worry about gear either, we have 12* and 13*s that dwarf any gear that you might have on SEA server

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:20 PM
Just use cyberkitsune's proxy. It's hassle free with PSOTweaker.

PSOTweaker comes with Cyberkitsune's proxy built in. I haven't used it, though.

I live in SEA too. Cyberkitsune's proxy is the way to go to play on JP servers, unless you want to spend money on a private VPN. We're only a hour or two behind Japan too, so EQs aren't too hard to catch.

As for buying AC, I use PSO2es (download it from Bumped) and Tunnelbear to bypass the IP ban. Works fine with or without the tweaker.

I see you guys recommending to use Cyberkitsune's proxy, is it really safe? And last night i was searching i found arks-layer tweaker, is it better than cyberkitsune's?

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:35 PM
while you SHOULD go get on the cyberkitsune proxy and play pso2 JP (really cant stress this enough as SEA server is just sad and there's plenty of SEA players on JP servers)
there might be other good PAs and skills but this is top of my head stuff from 2 years ago...

Thank you so much for the information! I see, all of you're recommended skill tree is already available in SEA except the branch from fighter's gear, critical strike and healing guard. So, half-line boost and chase bind no good? Personally i like how it's boost damage on status ailment's monster but the only thing i have is only shock I so should i change to pp slayer then? Other than that, your advice is very clear and understandable.

Oh one more thing, i don't thing there's 11* weapon yet in SEA. That or i never see it in UQ and vidphone. :/

bubblegum
Aug 11, 2016, 07:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1000000% agreed, you can get to lv75 in a day if you know how, and don't worry about gear either, we have 12* and 13*s that dwarf any gear that you might have on SEA server

So uhh, we got 12* and 13* for free?

AutumnChronicle
Aug 11, 2016, 07:44 PM
I see you guys recommending to use Cyberkitsune's proxy, is it really safe? And last night i was searching i found arks-layer tweaker, is it better than cyberkitsune's?

CyberKitsune is integrated into the tweaker as an option, so there's no difference there.

Asakaze
Aug 11, 2016, 09:39 PM
So uhh, we got 12* and 13* for free?

Yes. In JP, you could easily get 11*/12*/13* just by filling up a collection sheet by taking out specific mobs/bosses =,=)b