PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Vocal Track?

Altiea
Aug 11, 2016, 09:51 PM
This is a good question now.

So, I've always been a sucker for good vocal tracks. With the arrival of Las Vegas, we now have two more great tracks to play PSO2 to. As of now, we have a decent repertoire of vocals to listen to, including Eternal Encore, Rare Drop Koi Koi!, and Zero-G. With so many to choose from,

What's your favorite PSO2 vocal track?

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2016, 10:03 PM
I kinda want to wait to hear a good complete version of the las vegas day theme before deciding, but as of right now my favorite would probably be Realization (the tokyo night theme), or Borderless (the yamato AIS theme). I also have a soft spot for all the credits songs.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
Borderless. Without question. It's the only one I listen to outside of the EQ on a semi-regular basis.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Trash-chan. Realize or Borderless. :V Though for Realize I prefer the combat version, the more rockish one.

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2016, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Trash-chan. Realize or Borderless. :V Though for Realize I prefer the combat version, the more rockish one.This is probably a bit more meta than about the song itself but I REALLY like the transition in Realize from the out of combat version to the combat version and I'm glad they're doing that kind of thing with more of the music.

loafhero
Aug 11, 2016, 10:32 PM
Hello.

AutumnChronicle
Aug 11, 2016, 10:35 PM
If concerts count then "Welcome, ARKs" for sure!!!

Zysets
Aug 11, 2016, 10:49 PM
"We're ARKS!" has always been a favorite of mine, if only because I love Takenobu Mitsuyoshi's style. Besides that, I love the Daytime Las Vegas theme, even if the actual song hasn't been put in the game yet. It's actiony, upbeat, and really exciting.

yoshiblue
Aug 11, 2016, 11:04 PM
Hard call. Its a toss up between Rare Drop and the Tokyo night theme. Mostly because of the sax solo and quiet ambiance moments.

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 11:44 PM
I like Eternal Encore. Haven't heard Las Vegas yet.
I also like Tokyo night and Borderless, but the Engrish is embarassing and kinda turns me off. I just pretend they're not actually saying anything.

I get the impression that a lot of JP people like Our Fighting.

Which one is Zero-G?

Altiea
Aug 11, 2016, 11:45 PM
Which one is Zero-G?

Zero-G is Tokyo Day theme.

TaigaUC
Aug 12, 2016, 12:06 AM
Oh. I always thought it was just a variation of the same song as the night one.

Selphea
Aug 12, 2016, 05:39 AM
Probably for me:

Owarinaki Monogatari - Upbeat J-pop with a dash of traditional and shows off the singer's vocals just a biiit more than the usual pop fare.
Our Fighting ver. Miyabi - This is THE Arks anthem + more interesting instrumental arrangement. Spam Encore for Quna's Autumn concert every time :O Captures the Arks feeling but barely loses to #1 because it's quite formulaic pop at its core, just executed well.
Realize - The only reason I bothered to run Tokyo more than once but even that wasn't enough to save the field from a terrible spawn system.

Xaeris
Aug 12, 2016, 05:43 AM
Our Fighting. Yeah, I'm a dork, but I love this song. I watched Robotech as a kid, so idols singing off soliders into battle with catchy pop tunes is my mac & cheese.

Dammy
Aug 12, 2016, 05:59 AM
the one with Miku , that was on screen during beta days

Keilyn
Aug 12, 2016, 06:44 AM
This is a good question now.

So, I've always been a sucker for good vocal tracks. With the arrival of Las Vegas, we now have two more great tracks to play PSO2 to. As of now, we have a decent repertoire of vocals to listen to, including Eternal Encore, Rare Drop Koi Koi!, and Zero-G. With so many to choose from,

What's your favorite PSO2 vocal track?

A lot of PSO-2 vocal tracks are from PSO and PSU.
My favorites are the songs sang by Quna because at least they have a story.
Most of the other vocal tracks are mediocre at best... :(

Icis
Aug 12, 2016, 07:12 AM
Neon Lights.

millefeuille
Aug 12, 2016, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYmkjzm2Jc

Zyrusticae
Aug 12, 2016, 10:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYmkjzm2Jc
I prefer this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhrG5PSDLYQ

Also not a fan of the male vocals, TBH.

udon-GE
Aug 12, 2016, 10:20 AM
- Borderless
- Tokyo field night during train ghidoras fight (ark quest) version. Wish that song part appear during fight with train in Free Exploration Tokyo field

and Dreams dreams (Kids version) during snowy time

黒雪Yacchi
Aug 12, 2016, 10:35 AM
Realize -Tokyo Night-
Borderless - This is a bit of an ear worm to me, but it's so good. And a few music discs from OG PSO. 'Can Still See the Light' and 'World With Me' along with the openings from PSP and PSP2 'Save this World v MIX', 'Living Universe' & 'Ignite Infinity'

millefeuille
Aug 12, 2016, 10:44 AM
I prefer this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhrG5PSDLYQ

Also not a fan of the male vocals, TBH.

Bookmarked!

And yeah, the way Mitsuyoshi-san sings it doesn't really help. :-?

Altiea
Aug 12, 2016, 10:53 AM
Bookmarked!

And yeah, the way Mitsuyoshi-san sings it doesn't really help. :-?

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAH

AsinineWaffle
Aug 12, 2016, 11:39 AM
Borderless, by far. I think it's one of the tracks I've listened to the most out of PSO2 in general. I've also come to really enjoy Rare Drop, Realize (Combat version) and Neon Lights.

arnd
Aug 12, 2016, 01:13 PM
The ending/staff roll sequences for each episodes were exquisite, but episode 3 ending with "Hello" is probably the strongest out of them.

Borderless, by far. I think it's one of the tracks I've listened to the most out of PSO2 in general. I've also come to really enjoy Rare Drop, Realize (Combat version) and Neon Lights.

It's actually "Neon Nights", the uploader just misspelt it.

Gestriden
Aug 12, 2016, 01:59 PM
The ending/staff roll sequences for each episodes were exquisite, but episode 3 ending with "Hello" is probably the strongest out of them.

It's actually "Neon Nights", the uploader just misspelt it.

Woops, fixed that I don't know why I called it Lights., and I dunno my favorite song might still be Ep 3's ending theme.

Sayara
Aug 12, 2016, 06:24 PM
Hello.

Though Welcome Arks is p aight too

IchijinKali
Aug 14, 2016, 01:35 PM
For me it is easily Eternal Encore. Probably one of the few times I turn PSO2's music back on as I am always listening to other music from either Youtube or my own library.

I would consider World With Me or Can Still See The Light but since both of those are from PSO I don't count them for this question.

Zanverse
Aug 14, 2016, 01:44 PM
Alright, I've made my decision. I was a huge fan of Borderless, but I think Neon Lights takes the cake with this version (https://soundcloud.com/pso2-suchende/pso2-las-vegas-riding-quest-stage-3-night). The Sonic vibe is super strong in this one. I love it. It just sounds so top notch and near-perfect. The guitars, the sax, the vocals, everything. At the 1:58 mark, I started crying.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 14, 2016, 01:51 PM
Loser's theme. :wacko:

Zanverse
Aug 14, 2016, 02:11 PM
Also, Las Vegas' Daytime Exploration theme sounds oddly similar to Trick Track's Part 1 theme.

https://youtu.be/2Ll4mBr9zdw

https://youtu.be/FMjxrCovPGs

ContinuumXIX
Aug 14, 2016, 02:17 PM
Zero-G is definitely my favorite vocal track, with Borderless coming in a close second.

Zysets
Aug 14, 2016, 07:17 PM
Actually, does the anime opening count? Because that would take my top spot instantly. The anime was "eh" overall, even if I did enjoy it, but the opening not only got stuck in my head, it helped me develop a slight crush on the guy who sings it.

Great Pan
Aug 14, 2016, 07:23 PM
Volcano Cave's BGM

MaeIstrom
Aug 14, 2016, 07:41 PM
>Feels like the only one who plays with BGM settings off...

Kondibon
Aug 14, 2016, 09:13 PM
>Feels like the only one who plays with BGM settings off...Music in games is part of the experience for me for better or for worse so I can't comprehend never turning the volume up at all. :/ I only turn the music off when I know I'm gonna be doing nothing but grinding for a while.

Zysets
Aug 14, 2016, 09:27 PM
I purposely make the music the highest in the volume settings during certain EQs, like PD, the Falzes, and Yamato. The music is one of the best things about Phantasy Star as a series imo. I've always enjoyed the music, from both the classic series and Online.

IchijinKali
Aug 15, 2016, 01:12 AM
>Feels like the only one who plays with BGM settings off...

No you are not. The music is almost always turned off in my game. The only exception for me is concerts that is it.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 15, 2016, 01:24 AM
Our fighting ver. Miyabi

Tymek
Aug 15, 2016, 06:51 AM
Is Zero-G the Tokyo Day Track?
Where'd we get the name from?
Do we have lyrics for it?

Also, I'm really digging the Las Vegas tracks. They're strangely nice.

MaeIstrom
Aug 15, 2016, 07:01 AM
Music in games is part of the experience for me for better or for worse so I can't comprehend never turning the volume up at all. :/ I only turn the music off when I know I'm gonna be doing nothing but grinding for a while.

I got the habit to turn off the BGMs in every single game I play.

TheFanaticViper
Aug 15, 2016, 07:07 AM
All songs created for the game are good, but If I had to choose :
Favourite ending : Eternal encore
Favourite concert : We're Arks
Favourite EP4 song : Las Vegas Day

and favourite EQ song from another game : This Is My Happiness (Space Channel 5) in Trick or Treat

NephyrisX
Aug 15, 2016, 08:13 AM
Favourite vocals so far are Tokyo Day Theme, especially the boss battle version, BORDERLESS and Neon Nights.

TheFanaticViper
Aug 15, 2016, 09:34 AM
I got the habit to turn off the BGMs in every single game I play.

Wave Master/Sega composers have always done amazing job, PSO2 BGMs deserve to be heard, at least once

Poyonche
Aug 15, 2016, 10:12 AM
I haven't got a favorite track. I've got favorite trackS !

-Neverending story (it is Quna's EP3 concert right ?)
-Rare Drop KOI KOI
-Borderless
-Tokyo night theme
-Las Vegas Day theme ("Be what you wanna be", I call it like that because it is the only thing I can understand :wacko: )
-Neon Night
-Welcome ARKS

MaeIstrom
Aug 15, 2016, 10:12 AM
Wave Master/Sega composers have always done amazing job, PSO2 BGMs deserve to be heard, at least once

I will give a try later. I guess the last game I played with the BGMs on was Lineage II and it was a long time ago...

Alenoir
Aug 15, 2016, 02:03 PM
Hello > Sachiko > Rare Drop > Borderless > encore > Tokyo day.

Them putting Hello as the background for Momoi Atsuko Ichitarou's graduation was totally hitting every kinds of feels.

Maulcun
Aug 15, 2016, 03:53 PM
Hello (EP3 ED)

[Ayumi]
Aug 15, 2016, 09:34 PM
Can my answer be all of the vocal tracks when the vocals are muted out?
As I do like most of them, but when the remixes happen in the area where the vocals get turned off.

Zeroem
Aug 15, 2016, 11:00 PM
For me, it would be easier to point out the song that give the least impression. That would be.......Tokyo Day. It's funny because I used to like Zero-G more than Realize. However, turns out later on I like Realize more.

NephyrisX
Aug 16, 2016, 01:28 AM
I am going to be that guy and say that Tokyo Day/Zero-G is the vocal song that entertained me the most because the song fits my character so well.

Absolutely chill while being fairly animated, and then it turns up the notch to eleven and become fully involved when things become exciting (Train Ghidoran part).

Beyond that I also enjoy Neon Nights (Vegas Night), Borderless (Yamato AIS Fight), Realise (Tokyo Night) and EP3' s ending theme.

MaeIstrom
Aug 16, 2016, 01:53 AM
I just turned the BGMs on before this Yamato EQ and wow, I will keep it always on from now!