PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes after the intro!

MaeIstrom
Aug 13, 2016, 04:17 AM
Well guys, I am having the following problem: When I try to open the game, it freezes in a black screen during the
transition from the intro to the title screen and I can't open the game.

Everything started after I changed the the textures from High Resolution to Normal with the official launcher.
I already tried to change back to the previous setup, tried to reset and even tried to open the game with the lowest
graphics setup but nothing works and I still can't open the game.

Someone can help me please?!

Sirius-91
Aug 13, 2016, 04:37 AM
What's your system specs?

wefwq
Aug 13, 2016, 04:40 AM
I doubt it's tied to system spec because my frying pan can run the game, even if the graphic look worse than vita.

Update your graphic card driver.
Try to start the game but do not apply any EN patch or plugin, and see if it works.
If you have fraps, bandicam or other similar program runnung, try to close it before starting the game.
Start game with windowed screen or borderless (virtual fullscreen) mode
Try to use simple shader to run the game.

MaeIstrom
Aug 13, 2016, 05:00 AM
The game was working fine a few hours ago (before I tried to change settings) so I am pretty sure that the problem is not related to pc specs.

pc specs:
Intel Celeron G540 dual core 2.50ghz
ATI Radeon 4350
4gb RAM

Yes, the specs are very low, I know, but as I said, I was able to play normally before the ocurrence.

I doubt it's tied to system spec because my frying pan can run the game, even if the graphic look worse than vita.

Try to start the game but do not apply any EN patch or plugin, and see if it works.
If you have fraps, bandicam or other similar program runnung, try to close it before starting the game.

I am running a file check right now, gonna try some things in the list after this.

wefwq
Aug 13, 2016, 05:08 AM
Forgot to mention

Delete [MyDocuments]/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2/user.pso2 file, sometime it become unreadable by the game and mess stuff.
Doing so will revert every configuration to it's default state, this include mostly graphical settings, audio settings, and other various in-game options value.
You will need to readjust everything into your liking again after doing so.

MaeIstrom
Aug 13, 2016, 05:18 AM
Gonna try this too.

MaeIstrom
Aug 13, 2016, 05:38 AM
Okay, the file check fixed everything, just need to reinstal the english patches now. Thanks guys.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2016, 06:29 AM
For future reference, how long was it staying frozen? I sometimes seemingly have problems like that but it turns out the game is just taking longer than normal to load.

Cadfael
Aug 13, 2016, 07:54 AM
For future reference, how long was it staying frozen? I sometimes seemingly have problems like that but it turns out the game is just taking longer than normal to load.

If it's the same issue I get every now and then, I've left it running for about fifteen minutes and nothing happens by then. Usually checking for missing or deleted files through the tweaker fixes it for me.

Sirius-91
Aug 13, 2016, 08:30 AM

Freezing can be related to GPU, Mobo, HDD or RAM issues. Sometimes a slower system will hang on resource heavy applications.

Akero
Aug 13, 2016, 08:41 AM
For future reference:
I experienced this problem once too.
The solution: I just had to turn off item translation.

MaeIstrom
Aug 13, 2016, 09:30 AM

I tried to wait but it just stayed in the black screen, I guess it wasn't loading at all...