PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Invader Weapon is Unstable?

Ivyn
Aug 14, 2016, 05:34 AM
When i want to exchange 100 caligula + 100 excube for invader weapon then affixing it, my friend told me that invader is not good enough because unstable. Then i ask "what do you mean unstable??", then he(he is boy btw) explain me that invader have damage output 40-100%. Is that true? If true i just keep it for austere then ._.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 14, 2016, 05:42 AM
Rare weapons has a locked 90% damage variance, except Red, Blue, Invade series and crafted weapons. DEX helps stabilize this variance, but not very effective. (I can go in depth here, but I guess nobody actually cares.) So yeah, they are only good at placeholder for Austere.

Ivyn
Aug 14, 2016, 05:44 AM
Rare weapons has a locked 90% damage variance, except Red, Blue, Invade series and crafted weapons. DEX helps stabilize this variance, but not very effective. (I can go in depth here, but I guess nobody actually cares.) So yeah, they are only good at placeholder for Austere.

ah so that is true. Use orbit again then keep the invader for austere btw thx

rando
Aug 14, 2016, 06:03 AM
invade is very good if you know how to optimize critical on your skill tree plus the weapon maximum potential unlock...
invade would be more oriented for hunter, fighter, braver ...
(not sure how invade would go for other classes where you could use a critical ring)

you do not need to bother with dexterity for invade if you get your critical potentials to have 75 % production.

under my setup, when i got an austere after invade i wasn't blown away except for the pp recovery

Ivyn
Aug 14, 2016, 06:21 AM
invade is very good if you know how to optimize critical on your skill tree plus the weapon maximum potential unlock...
(not sure how invade would go for other classes where you could use a critical ring)

you do not need to bother with dexterity for invade if you get your critical potentials to have 75 % production.

under my setup, when i got an austere after invade i wasn't blown away except for the pp recovery

you mean crit build?

nguuuquaaa
Aug 14, 2016, 06:30 AM
Even with 100% crit Invade still has less damage than Ray. They used to be okay-ish when there was no Collection Files and droprate is shitty, but not now.

TehCubey
Aug 14, 2016, 09:52 AM
Invade's advantage was that it's a pre-grinded, ready to use 60 element 13* weapon. Well, the affixes could be better but that's reasonably easy to fix.

So anyone could get their hands on a decent 13* as soon as they had 100 calis, and later use it to create a top tier Austere.

But now with collection files, much better 13*s are at a hand's reach for almost everyone, so Invade is useless except as Austere fodder.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 14, 2016, 09:22 PM

absolutely no reason should you be optomizing Invades Pot/building a tree around it, it is just not worth it

Zysets
Aug 14, 2016, 09:31 PM
If you haven't gotten a Ray wep yet from the files, I definitely recommend going for it instead of using the Invade. I was able to fully attribute grind three different Ray weps within a month or so, so it's not too difficult to finish at least one of them by the deadline.

silo1991
Aug 15, 2016, 01:10 AM
invade is good of you combine with braver and get critical average stance at max , also is really good against titans and dragons

rando
Aug 15, 2016, 02:29 AM
actually irregardless of wanting to use invade you'd still say , on a fighter build, want to utilize criticals ... critical strike,, brave/wise critical..

Selphea
Aug 15, 2016, 03:25 AM
Right now Invade is conveniently along the way to Ray and Austere. The variance isn't half bad and it's a great placeholder that beats Reds in most cases. If you already have a maxed 13* then don't bother ofc.