PDA

View Full Version : Vita Do we know Plotwise yet why all the songs are about reality/fantasy?

Gestriden
Aug 14, 2016, 01:47 PM
This is bugging me especially after Las Vegas' release. Every single song we've had, The Tokyo and Las Vegas day and night themes, Borderless, they all have the same theme about pushing through even if it's not real. The first few songs having to do with not telling the difference between reality and fantasy. And now the Las Vegas songs being more about, having to do what we have to do even if it's not real.

Zanverse
Aug 14, 2016, 01:51 PM
The entire plot of EP4 pretty much revolves around understanding that PSO2 isn't just a game, but a real thing.

mickbis
Aug 14, 2016, 01:57 PM
PSO2 is just a game in Earth so it not "real' from their perspective
their "Fantasy" become reality when they realize the existence of ARKS and Oracle

"Borderless' could mean we can travel between many universe without border

Kondibon
Aug 14, 2016, 03:13 PM
Other than the "Oracle is real" part, there's also the ether in general being able to create stuff seemingly right out of people's imaginations.

Dycize
Aug 14, 2016, 06:05 PM
And the mobs being called "phantoms", ie illusions, born out of ether and humanity's fears...
Yeah it's not that complicated.

oratank
Aug 14, 2016, 07:17 PM
i thought tokyo song is mother singing about herself

mickbis
Aug 15, 2016, 02:32 AM
Tokyo song more like Hitsugi Aru and Player-chan story

loafhero
Aug 15, 2016, 03:50 AM
That moment when you realize that EP4 is actually doing more to justify the title of "Phantasy" and "Star" more than previous EPs ever did.

Zysets
Aug 15, 2016, 10:13 AM
The classic series definitely felt deserving of "Phantasy Star" because it had a nice mix of traditional fantasy and Scifi. However, I like that Episode 4 is now Urban Fantasy with Scifi. The music is also very fitting for it. I'll admit that I love the general vibe of Ep 4, even if the story itself is just started to get interesting.

Korima
Aug 15, 2016, 02:57 PM
I need my photons back.

loafhero
Aug 15, 2016, 11:50 PM
I think so far, the video game that has the best space sci-fi fantasy theme (from an aesthetic view) is Destiny... yes, I know how controversial that game is but I really do love the aesthetics in spite of its lackluster gameplay and story. The UI design in Destiny is also really beautiful to look at. The Phantasy Star series could take some pointers from Destiny when it comes to aesthetics and UI design.

Golgotha
Aug 16, 2016, 04:53 AM
It seems to me that its tangentially related to how Ether works. As it was mentioned already, phantoms are a direct product of people imagination, and almost any sort of earth myth, dragons, demons, anything - is actually an emotional waste product that becomes real.
Also Ether weaponry that Arks Guide and Mother Cluster use is called something like manifested weapon (具現武器), and it heavily depends not only on person ability but also on his will.

Borderless is probably aimed toward arks and earthlings both crossing dimensions, but Its kinda weird how Arks casually moved on the topic of crossing dimensions, and no one in the game seems to bother much about it. I mean if you aren't paying much attention you might as well think you're just traveling to yet another planet in existing universe.

I hope autumn/winter stories will finally shed some light on the source of these events.