PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on "Cash" Weapons?

sparab
Aug 18, 2016, 09:31 PM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso15anniversary/animation/bddvdcd/02/

Fellow summoners, are you tired of using the same old tact? Now it's the chance to impress your friends with TACT NT!
Simply input your credit card number here and start being an elite summoner today, along with a free rappy egg (*10)!

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up194602.jpg

Tact NT
- Attack: 115(0)/155(35)
- Potential: healing wind - increase resta effect 22%/24%/26%
- Photon color change possible
- Currently the BEST tact in game but not by much
- Can be dropped from player shop

--------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Su becomes the testing ground for push sale online EP4.
After having rappy as a cash only weapon catagory, sega decided to sell a, somewhat, stronger weapon than what are obtainable from game content.
What is your opinion on this trend?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 18, 2016, 09:35 PM
Yes! Pay to win all the way baby!

EvilMag
Aug 18, 2016, 09:40 PM
So confirms my suspicion that Su is literally a mobile game? I guess they're trying way too hard to push Su out to people due to low usage.

TyroneSama
Aug 18, 2016, 09:48 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

Flaoc
Aug 18, 2016, 10:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cD3ngW8ybQ

final_attack
Aug 18, 2016, 10:20 PM
Ep5, when? lol

PSO2 scratch revival : Suganuma? lol

Zysets
Aug 18, 2016, 10:24 PM
I don't know if they're trying to sell people on pay for weapons, or trying to get people to buy the DVDs.

Zorak000
Aug 18, 2016, 10:26 PM
there has to be something to win in order to call it p2w lol

Zorak000
Aug 18, 2016, 10:40 PM
but for real sound the alarm when it's an actual weapon

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 18, 2016, 10:41 PM
Well, there's another MMO I joined just to watch it go down the crapper not too long after.

Would be nice if there could be some stability rather than eventual cash grabs that destroy them in the long run <w>

TheszNuts
Aug 18, 2016, 10:47 PM
Is this in player shops?

Zysets
Aug 18, 2016, 10:50 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's in the player shops, but I could be wrong.

Well, there's another MMO I joined just to watch it go down the crapper not too long after.

Would be nice if there could be some stability rather than eventual cash grabs that destroy them in the long run <w>
Eeeehh I wouldn't call this a game destroying cash grab, but I hope they don't do this with a weapon that actually makes a larger impact.

pkemr4
Aug 18, 2016, 10:56 PM
i want this retarded ride to end

Altiea
Aug 18, 2016, 11:10 PM
Tact-NT is Aika's Baton, no? I wouldn't worry about this, honestly. It's just an accessory with a meaningless Potential.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 18, 2016, 11:13 PM
Eeeehh I wouldn't call this a game destroying cash grab, but I hope they don't do this with a weapon that actually makes a larger impact.

It's not what's currently here that bothers me.

Is what's gonna happen in the future when they see this crap sells....

Altiea
Aug 18, 2016, 11:32 PM
I think people forget that SEGA had previously included actual, functioning weapons in paid merchandise before. We got the 7*s in magazines and Deluxe Editions, we have the Rappy Pet, which qualifies for Disc One Nuke, for that matter, and so forth. This is nothing new.

Flaoc
Aug 18, 2016, 11:34 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's in the player shops, but I could be wrong.

until they do this with something as powerful or more powerful than austere theres nothing to worry about

sparab
Aug 18, 2016, 11:44 PM
I think people forget that SEGA had previously included actual, functioning weapons in paid merchandise before. We got the 7*s in magazines and Deluxe Editions, we have the Rappy Pet, which qualifies for Disc One Nuke, for that matter, and so forth. This is nothing new.

The previous weapons are junks.

It tact NT pay to win? Of course not. However, it is still a cash bought weapon that surpasses any tact you can obtain during gameplay.
I doubt sega would dare to make a bundled *13 anytime soon, but next time the lure may be a OP ring or camo with +50 attack.

Vatallus
Aug 18, 2016, 11:50 PM
Considering how much hate my video of deleting a bunch of 13* eggs gets there are still people that actually try to justify Summoner. So I have to assume people will throw their money at Sega for this.

But yeah, until something stronger than Austere shows up as pay to get don't really worry about it. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last.

Though seeing as how both a slightly better Tact and the Rappy pet required spending $$$ I have to believe Sega hates Summoners... or wants to milk them.

Altiea
Aug 19, 2016, 12:07 AM

It tact NT pay to win? Of course not. However, it is still a cash bought weapon that surpasses any tact you can obtain during gameplay.
I doubt sega would dare to make a bundled *13 anytime soon, but next time the lure may be a OP ring or camo with +50 attack.

You could say the same for Rappy. They literally handed you a 10* right out of the gate that curbstomps everything until SH. But they said that Rappy would be publicly available later down the line, so apparently it's okay.

Zysets
Aug 19, 2016, 12:10 AM
You could say the same for Rappy. They literally handed you a 10* right out of the gate that curbstomps everything until SH. But they said that Rappy would be publicly available later down the line, so apparently it's okay.

Yeah I remember them mentioning Rappy would be available for everyone in the future, which is alright imo. Not that I ever cared for Summoner anyways.

To the post below:

Actually that makes me think, these weapons that have been included with physical merchandise are really just little boosters for starting players (or people playing a new class I guess). It's not like they're ever worth much in the end game anyways. Heck, Summoner was supposed to be a beginner friendly class from the start, not a serious play sort of thing. I really have no complaints when I see it with this mindset.

IchijinKali
Aug 19, 2016, 12:16 AM
Generic pop music
"Zzzzzz*snort* huh I'm up I'm up."
Exclusive weapon for getting PSO2 The Animation on Blu-Ray
"Oh I am so"
For Summoner
"Not getting it. Back to something more important zzzZZZZ."

In all seriousness those cash weapons will never be worth it in the end. As Asuture is still the driver, Orbit riding shotgun, and Ray riding the back.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 19, 2016, 12:36 AM
oh look, something for people to make a deal about and blow out of proportion when in reality none of this matters. SU sucks bla bla bla Ep5, the return of Suganuma plz

and even with past weapons, they were junk, they were never (that i remember) top in damage amongst other weapons.

So calm yourselves, this game isn't going p2w in terms of buying irl product, rappy pet isnt even top pet either

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2016, 01:37 AM
oh look, something for people to make a deal about and blow out of proportion when in reality none of this matters. SU sucks bla bla bla Ep5, the return of Suganuma plz

and even with past weapons, they were junk, they were never (that i remember) top in damage amongst other weapons.

So calm yourselves, this game isn't going p2w in terms of buying irl product, rappy pet isnt even top pet eitherI think people are mad because, as of right now, this tact IS the best tact in the game (statistical irrelevance or not). People feel it sets up a bad precedent for the future.

That said, I'm nowhere near as mad about it as other people, and I just hope it means they're going to give us tacts with actual stats in the future.

NephyrisX
Aug 19, 2016, 04:56 AM
I guess it's OVERREACTION TIME again?

This is like complaining about bought 7* weapons in Deluxe packages.They are junk stat-wise and only really useful as Weapon camos, which makes them highly prized.

Poyonche
Aug 19, 2016, 05:19 AM
Tact-NT ? Why aren't they simply releasing 7* tacts or 10* ?

Hrith
Aug 19, 2016, 05:38 AM
'Tact' lol. It's baton or Taktstock. No wonder the English patch for this game is so bad, it's based on utter ignorance.

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2016, 06:07 AM
I guess it's OVERREACTION TIME again?

This is like complaining about bought 7* weapons in Deluxe packages.They are junk stat-wise and only really useful as Weapon camos, which makes them highly prized.It's objectively better than any other tact

'Tact' lol. It's baton or Taktstock. No wonder the English patch for this game is so bad, it's based on utter ignorance.
While takt would probably be a be a more accurate way to romanise it, that's actually what they're called in the Katakana. Talis is the same way, being cut off from Talisman :/ Don't try to insult someone for ignorance by being ignorant yourself.

nguuuquaaa
Aug 19, 2016, 06:28 AM
Iirc tact atk doesn't do anything for pet damage, and resta is overheal already. Nothing to do here then :wacko:

Kondibon
Aug 19, 2016, 06:38 AM
Iirc tact atk doesn't do anything for pet damage, and resta is overheal already. Nothing to do here then :wacko:
It's the principal of the matter. The whole idea that we finally get a tact with a latent at all period and it's from a cd promotion is kinda lame. I just hope this means they aren't afraid to put actual stats on tacts in the future though.

Xaeris
Aug 19, 2016, 06:59 AM
Summoner is a malignant tumor.

Zanverse
Aug 19, 2016, 10:44 AM
Now, that'd be a doozy if the Tact was all-class...

Zysets
Aug 19, 2016, 11:29 AM

Yeah, the game itself lists it as タクト, so "Takuto", Tact. I mean it's weird but what can we do, it's not the english patch's fault.

Sonichi
Aug 19, 2016, 12:16 PM
Oh no! Another weapon that comes as part of a purchase that signifies SEGA will ruin the game with P2W items, don't worry guys, bonus scratch clothing next with latents on them!!! PANIC THEY'RE KILLING MUH VIDYAGAME.

Altiea
Aug 19, 2016, 01:14 PM
Oh no! Another weapon that comes as part of a purchase that signifies SEGA will ruin the game with P2W items, don't worry guys, bonus scratch clothing next with latents on them!!! PANIC THEY'RE KILLING MUH VIDYAGAME.

Please no, Costume Affix was literally a mistake. What happens in PSO2SEA should stay in PSO2SEA. Except for maybe that Partizan Camo that displays Symbol Art.

Zorak000
Aug 19, 2016, 01:29 PM
EQ triggers are more p2w than this

ArcaneTechs
Aug 19, 2016, 01:43 PM
I think people are mad because, as of right now, this tact IS the best tact in the game (statistical irrelevance or not). People feel it sets up a bad precedent for the future.

That said, I'm nowhere near as mad about it as other people, and I just hope it means they're going to give us tacts with actual stats in the future.
I see your point but unless they drop something stronger than austere or even you know top top damage then i dont see the point in worrying. Unless that tact right now shows a major jump in damage then no big deal.

And in the event sega even puts out a 13* that is 3rd or 4th from austere, im sure people would complain and whine about this when clearly the better weapons are obtainable but people are just being lazy about it

Massaki
Aug 19, 2016, 05:25 PM
It's nothing that hasn't been done before, really. If you recall, the Rengokuto Ensa has a Hatou-Rindou pot that was rather nice to have, but the fact that it was a 7* made its usage pretty much moot, making it a pretty valuable Weapon Camo instead. I guess the same can't be said for the NT Tact itself, considering that its stats are equal to those of the ones in the game, bar its potential, which isn't even that great of deal.

I'm more salty over the 10* Rappy Egg than the Tact, to be honest, seeing as it's an unique pet with a distinct tool kit that is different from the rest.

Zysets
Aug 19, 2016, 06:28 PM
I'm more salty over the 10* Rappy Egg than the Tact, to be honest, seeing as it's an unique pet with a distinct tool kit that is different from the rest.

We can only hope that they keep their promise about making it available for everyone in the future.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 19, 2016, 07:29 PM
Yeah, the game itself lists it as タクト, so "Takuto", Tact. I mean it's weird but what can we do, it's not the english patch's fault.
'Tact', it's lacking in his comment.

Also, what would you do then, if there was an actual Tact named 'Baton'.

TheszNuts
Aug 19, 2016, 08:01 PM
I don't think Sega would call them Batons anytime soon seeing as how that was also the name for Wands in PSO1.

Zorak000
Aug 19, 2016, 09:41 PM
I dont see anybody crying over the idea that "Talis" should actually be "Talisman"

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 23, 2016, 12:30 AM

This is the problem here. Even the Rappy pet with it's higher stat bonuses and awesome candy box isn't gonna beat out a 13* Torim/Marron...not even close.

The problem is that they're selling something BETTER than what others get. And this is gonna lead to some serious problems ^^;

EQ triggers are more p2w than this

When they first started, it was like "Whatever, TD1-3"...now it's PD and TD4...granted, you can also just buy 5 caligulas with in game money with the treasure shop if you get lucky for it to show up, so it's also...questionable. You can bring up using gems to make triggers appear, but the meseta treasure shop works the same way .w.;

IDK, this just leaves me... still feeling off put. If they had something like this in game already, it would be ignorable, but the rappy pet and the potential sales for this will...definitely make Sega's mind wander .w.;

Altiea
Aug 23, 2016, 12:41 AM
Gems are crazy abundant ever since League. There's literally no reason to buy SG anymore.

Zysets
Aug 23, 2016, 01:03 AM
My thoughts exactly, I've made quite the Gem stash since League started, I don't see why I'd ever have to buy Gems now. Unless I spend them all and for some reason get desperate for more, which is unlikely.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 23, 2016, 11:14 AM
My thoughts exactly, I've made quite the Gem stash since League started, I don't see why I'd ever have to buy Gems now. Unless I spend them all and for some reason get desperate for more, which is unlikely.

The problem is, most of us are not really that type. We're not the "Whales" nor the ones who will instantly give in ^^; but there will always be the types who can not wait a second, can not resist the urge to "cheat" as some might say, despite it being part of the game with no secret code to enter. There will always be the type who gives in eventually.

The SGs definitely were given out this way in hopes of balancing it out some way, but they knew they would never make anyone like us submit to using the paying option anyway. Of course, this is also why nearly everything not collection sheet and gathering costs ridic amounts of SGs you would never use, especially since they're far more valuable for collection sheet resets.

And excuse me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the reasons people have so many SGs when they actually care is due to a very bad exploit in showing up too late to an arks league?

Altiea
Aug 23, 2016, 12:15 PM
The problem is, most of us are not really that type. We're not the "Whales" nor the ones who will instantly give in ^^; but there will always be the types who can not wait a second, can not resist the urge to "cheat" as some might say, despite it being part of the game with no secret code to enter. There will always be the type who gives in eventually.

The SGs definitely were given out this way in hopes of balancing it out some way, but they knew they would never make anyone like us submit to using the paying option anyway. Of course, this is also why nearly everything not collection sheet and gathering costs ridic amounts of SGs you would never use, especially since they're far more valuable for collection sheet resets.

And excuse me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the reasons people have so many SGs when they actually care is due to a very bad exploit in showing up too late to an arks league?

It's less of an exploit than it is simply abusing the way the system was designed. For the purposes of fairness, if you're not logged in when the League starts, you will only be grouped up when you log in. This ensures that everyone starts on the level playing field of 0 Points. However, logging in closer to the 15 minute cutoff period ensures that you'll weed out lazy competition from people who log in late, and it cuts down on how long you actually have to play League in order to score big. Because seriously, who wants to farm the same content for three hours?