PDA

View Full Version : Standing Snipe Myths

Kole
Aug 24, 2016, 12:27 PM
With the release of the SS ring we can now test to see what keeps Standing Snipe and what breaks it. Anyone got some myths to test out?

ZerotakerZX
Aug 25, 2016, 12:09 AM
I don't care enough, I mean, you'll have to max out this skill anyway, with Ra tree being to all that rich on options.

Sirius-91
Aug 25, 2016, 03:28 AM
I don't care enough, I mean, you'll have to max out this skill anyway, with Ra tree being to all that rich on options.
OP is asking what "myths" do you want to know what procs SS and what doesn't, since the Standing Sign ring displays a notification or effect when you activate SS.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 25, 2016, 05:45 AM
OP is asking what "myths" do you want to know what procs SS and what doesn't, since the Standing Sign ring displays a notification or effect when you activate SS.

And I say mythbusting wont affect anything. maybe that why the show was cancelled.

Zorak000
Aug 25, 2016, 09:26 AM
it would just be nice to have verification on what works and what does not, without needing to judge solely on numbers.

really all that needs to be done is one person gets the ring, then records video all of the grey-area situations that people still bicker over, and the situations that would be useful for newer players to know, like PAs that keep you stationary in mid-air.

The ring does not need to be grinded to work at full effect, so that's why they put it in the category of rings that need a lot more materials to acquire.

thank you for your opinion on the matter, but the OP was asking if anybody else has preformed the necessary Science on this matter

millefeuille
Aug 25, 2016, 10:39 AM
If you're really bored, here you go!

Grab a bow. Jump in the air and do these:
(1) Charged Kamikaze Arrow -> Banish -> Chase Arrow x2 -> PA
(2) Nemesis -> Chase Arrow x1 -> Banish -> Chase Arrow x2 -> Some PA

For rangers:
(1) Rifle: One Point -> Move then Stop -> PA.
(2) Launcher. Jump -> Normal Attack x1 -> PA. Also, try Jump -> Normal Attack x2 -> PA.

I also already know the answer to these, though it would be nice to get the precise timing for the One Point one.

otakun
Aug 25, 2016, 12:11 PM
I'd be interested in knowing is SS really works with most Gunner PAs

aloola
Aug 26, 2016, 04:11 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27136238/Screenshot%202016-08-26%2016.04.07.png
the sign look like this. satellite cannon and end attract charge work 100% with standing snipe.
standing snipe activation time about ~2 seconds

btw: cannon ring is not good, cannot attack long and close range mobs, only mid range

I'd be interested in knowing is SS really works with most Gunner PAs

a lot of does not work. I think only
IF work on air/ground
SA on air
shift period on ground
elder rebel air
work with Standing snipe, need others to test it though
normal attack on air/ground does not work
jump cancel standing snipe too

kurokyosuke
Aug 27, 2016, 01:55 AM
I remember End Attract working while in the air was a myth or something. Any confirmation on that?

aloola
Aug 27, 2016, 10:02 AM
^ always work with charge stage 1 and stage 2, air or ground

Bellion
Aug 27, 2016, 10:49 AM
It doesn't work. While you will remain stationary long enough during charging animations, you won't receive the SS damage bonus mid-PA. Try continuous charged End Attract on the ground against an enemy and then try standing still until the sign appears to begin using a charged End Attract. Damage is the true indicator of Standing Snipe, and this ring is a failure because it doesn't tell you about SS not giving you a damage bonus mid-PA.

End Attract be it in air or on the ground will have recoil that will break Standing Snipe for the next PA.

aloola
Aug 27, 2016, 11:08 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=6803
look like there is a bug with end attract + standing snipe ring

Bellion
Aug 27, 2016, 11:17 AM
That's from 2015. That bug with End Attract in the air has already been fixed.
During that brief period of time when End Attract was bugged in the air, all that happened was you dropped slightly after each use rather than staying at the same elevation. The recoil after each shot has remained untouched.

Shinmarizu
Aug 28, 2016, 04:12 AM
A lot of people are thinking that the 'sign' tells you that SS will proc on your next ranged damage. This is wrong.

The 'sign' is only an indicator of whether you've stood still long enough. If you see the 'sign' when you shoot, you should proc SS. If the 'sign' is not there for any reason when you attack, you do not proc SS.

Yden
Aug 28, 2016, 09:52 AM
Come to think of it, are there any bonuses for upgrading the ring?

ZerotakerZX
Aug 28, 2016, 11:01 AM
Come to think of it, are there any bonuses for upgrading the ring?

+1 to a stat with each level up

Ken & Robo
Aug 29, 2016, 02:37 PM
Just sharing a JP twitter post (https://twitter.com/u_fa_/status/769959594458087425) a friend of mine showed me regarding Standing Snipe tests with the L/Standing Sign ring. It appears that there's a bug or something where Launcher normal attacks in the air cancel out Standing Snipe whenever it's active. It also only applies if your character is wearing a fleshy costume (it will not occur if you're in CAST parts or a CAST Looks costume).

MightyHarken
Aug 31, 2016, 01:47 PM
The ring is ALMOST useless to me since Im so used to the timings to proc SS in the first place, but I still got it to figure out some stuff and visually see when it works or when it doesn't work. What I found out is the following:

1. Using launcher in the air procs SS for the second and third shot, but after the third shot you lose SS.
2.SS takes about 1.5 seconds to proc so it will be ready after your second attack with a rifle.
3. Using End attract will make you lose SS, but you regain it again after 1 JA, so you can just EA, JA, EA, JA. EA, etc...
4.a second additional bullet procs SS in the air
5.Going in tps mode and turning around keeps SS activated.
6. Even if you proc SS mid-PA it will not gain the damage buff, so it needs to activated before launching the PA.

Aine
Sep 21, 2016, 01:22 AM
1. Using launcher in the air procs SS for the second and third shot, but after the third shot you lose SS.

Not if you're wearing Cast parts or looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQ8rSlCYR0

Guess Cast are supreme race after all

GoldenFalcon
Sep 21, 2016, 06:04 PM
I don't know why they never just improved it to work like it does in Nova (basically how it always should have worked).

A real-time bonus that makes damage packets (mid-PA) get increased damage if you aren't moving with directional keys/buttons/stick. It can't be that hard, it just has to check your character's state (moving or not) rather than checking coordinates every second. Hell, it'd probably noticeably reduce their server load!

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 07:17 PM
I don't know why they never just improved it to work like it does in Nova (basically how it always should have worked).

A real-time bonus that makes damage packets (mid-PA) get increased damage if you aren't moving with directional keys/buttons/stick. It can't be that hard, it just has to check your character's state (moving or not) rather than checking coordinates every second. Hell, it'd probably noticeably reduce their server load!

Wait, it works like this in Nova? I always thought I didn't really need SS because I mained TMGs and spammed Reverse Tap > Dancing Sweep all the time (plus my Grid was full from stuffing percent damage bonuses like TAJA and Combo Skills into it).

When you think about it, it most likely works like this because PSO2's system doesn't work in Nova; Gigantest move around too much, so using PSO2's system would mean that you would basically never get SS.