PDA

View Full Version : Sega talks the future of PSO2, VR, Harder Content, and more

Gestriden
Aug 27, 2016, 09:46 AM
So bumped covered a VERY small fraction of this, so I did some digging myself it comes from a broadcast Sega had

Usually props are used with Motion Capturing, and it's challenging.

They may adjust crafting costs in the future.

Sega says not to expect another collaboration as big as FF at least for a while, it was VERY difficult for them to do, and way too much work while churning out content bi-weekly.

The reason a "Pillar of Light" was added for Riding Quests is because it use to only display where the icon was when the Rideroid was low enough.

Sega is waiting to see where VR goes before implementing it into PSO2.

This one is old bumped covered it, but yes Sega is considering on making XH blocks with required locks. What Bumped DIDNT cover is the reasoning. Sega wants to make harder content that surpasses XH and believe this lock as a "Test" for players.

When Sega was asked if Kobayashi is the real Profound Darkness, was met with a laugh and that Kobayashi is a goodwill ambassador.
They are thinking of adding color options for tacts.

They received some complaints about not being able to choose what hand to hold your weapon is. They will look into left hand / right hand switching if there's a high enough demand.

They have no idea what an alternative mascot to Rappies would be for EP 4.

Sega is reviewing what Emergency Quests to no longer make "Scheduled Only"

Sega is not planning to strengthen Luther, or Elder.

NO THEY WILL NOT MAKE BATH TOWELS SEE THROUGH STOP ASKING THEM

The story cutscene weapons are the same because of the amount of time it would take to animate different weapons for the story mode.
They know there's a demand for a command to make everyone look at your character. (Like how /ce makes your character look at the camera) but they believe it will cause issues and trouble for people that don't want to.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 27, 2016, 10:02 AM
Oh yes, these were the twitter questions in the last 29 hour livestream...

The only question I have is, will they make bath towels see through?

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2016, 10:03 AM
If they're planning on adding content harder than XH or whatever, I think the solo XQ definitely isn't the right test, not on its own if they want to add a specific block for it. It might be best to add a specific quest, or maybe require multiple things be done. Maybe a new training quest that teaches you about the mechanics of EQs or something.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 27, 2016, 10:59 AM
I mean....I don't understand why they don't just make it possible for every EQ to pop up. Haven't they already retired a handful of the older EQs anyway?

Altiea
Aug 27, 2016, 11:04 AM
I mean....I don't understand why they don't just make it possible for every EQ to pop up. Haven't they already retired a handful of the older EQs anyway?

We still get City EQ every so often, if it's any indication. Surprisingly, people still do it.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 27, 2016, 11:36 AM
Sega is reviewing what Emergency Quests to no longer make "Scheduled Only"

All of them please.

Xaeris
Aug 27, 2016, 03:29 PM
Personally, I'm willing to accept Coat Doublis as player-chan's canon weapon. Just use it more often in the cutscenes, please. I look silly when everyone's got their hardware out and I'm just standing around with my hand up like I'm having the vapors.

Hrith
Aug 27, 2016, 03:49 PM
Discard emergencies altogether, we want them gone...

Make every area worth playing and especially Ultimate.

Gestriden
Aug 27, 2016, 04:32 PM
Discard emergencies altogether, we want them gone...

Make every area worth playing and especially Ultimate.

DIscarding emergenices would be a bad idea I think, while yes it's annoying they have specific start time and time frame. Honestly EQ's are one of the things keeping the player base looking good. Make them playable at any time and you'll see a huge dip in a graph of log-ins.

Zyrusticae
Aug 27, 2016, 04:42 PM
I wish they made a gunslash version of the Coat Doublis/Coat Edge so they could have us wield it in cutscenes without me feeling fucking weirded out by the fact that my character is not a fighter and would never use a double saber.

Kondibon
Aug 27, 2016, 06:30 PM
I wish they made a gunslash version of the Coat Doublis/Coat Edge so they could have us wield it in cutscenes without me feeling fucking weirded out by the fact that my character is not a fighter and would never use a double saber.I'm legitimately suprised they didn't do that considering they've used a gunslash for this before.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 27, 2016, 07:28 PM
Sega is not planning to strengthen Luther, or Elder.

Notably Magatsu is left out of this note.

Just pointing that out.

Here comes the 13* Magatsu weapons

loafhero
Aug 27, 2016, 08:00 PM
Personally, I'm willing to accept Coat Doublis as player-chan's canon weapon. Just use it more often in the cutscenes, please. I look silly when everyone's got their hardware out and I'm just standing around with my hand up like I'm having the vapors.

I will never forget how utterly embarrassing it was for Player-chan in EP2, CH5 to see all the Council of 6 (and eventually Matoi) showing off their cool weapons while Player-chan stood in the background with nothing...

Seriously, though. Why is it so hard for them to have our character consistently have a random Gunslash or the Coat Doublis in cutscenes? They go so far to arm us with the Coat Doublis yet often forget to do so in the next scene.

On the topic of left-handed wielding, I'd be quite happy if SEGA implemented different Sword stances/postures in-gameplay. I'm getting slowly tired of looking at the same ugly "low stance" for Sword users. Would be awesome if they included the Dark Souls "resting on shoulder" stance or FF7 Cloud's "Middle stance" for Swords.

Zysets
Aug 27, 2016, 08:19 PM
VR? Eh not really liking that idea. I can't think of much in PSO2 that could benefit from VR. I'd accept maybe a first person mode for ranged weapons, but that just seems like a novelty, not anything really useful.

Xaeris
Aug 27, 2016, 08:23 PM
VR? Eh not really liking that idea. I can't think of much in PSO2 that could benefit from VR. I'd accept maybe a first person mode for ranged weapons, but that just seems like a novelty, not anything really useful.

You're thinking about this the wrong way.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1866

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 27, 2016, 08:35 PM

Technically just about anything with VR is a novelty. If you were to build a game straight up from VR that actually takes advantage of how VR works rather than just "It's built for VR but could of been done with normal screens", that's the only time it wouldn't be a novelty .w.;

Altiea
Aug 27, 2016, 09:00 PM
It amuses me how they just gave the PC Coat Doublis and made it canon even though it was never plot-relevant and you literally got it as a Title Reward with zero fanfare.

Sacrificial
Aug 27, 2016, 09:06 PM
We still get City EQ every so often, if it's any indication. Surprisingly, people still do it.

easy mod farm if its the one with hunar

Zysets
Aug 27, 2016, 09:13 PM
You're thinking about this the wrong way.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1866

Hey, not all of use want to see panties, but I can see the huge profits from this. If it keeps the game alive, Sega should let people first person upskirt each other's characters.

pkemr4
Aug 27, 2016, 09:26 PM
could they get rid of the adbuction system or atleast rework the clone system to be 4 random people off your friendslist even if solo?

PokeminMaster
Aug 27, 2016, 10:20 PM
easy mod farm if its the one with hunar
They combined all 3 into one; it's a point collection where killing Ragne in the final area clears it instantly; Hunar is a random spawn in it

Zorak000
Aug 28, 2016, 12:56 AM
They combined all 3 into one; it's a point collection where killing Raines in the final area clears it instantly; Hunar is a random spawn in it

yeah The Oncoming Darkness has been gone for a -very- long time

kurokyosuke
Aug 28, 2016, 08:25 AM
could they get rid of the adbuction system or atleast rework the clone system to be 4 random people off your friendslist even if solo?

inb4nofriends

Punisher106
Aug 28, 2016, 10:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ElZ6DWvS2c

The abductions are my single most favorite things, and I haveo nly ever been abducted like 4 times, passing it twice.

Fusionxglave
Aug 28, 2016, 10:44 AM
I'm here reading all these things the PSO2 team are trying to do and keep the game entertaining, but the demands are so high; for more and more stuff.
do people really need to wield left-handed? is it that important? its like the smallest things in this game have to be as perfect as can be and not to mention new content every 2 weeks. This is insane, these people are working themselves to death at this rate.

its not hard to change a color or two but having to design outfits in two weeks with 3d models and making sure it doesn't crash the game is like a freaked train wreck waiting to happen.

I'm not saying we should asked for stuff. I'm saying we should not expect so much in such a little amount of time. They also have friends, family, and other people in their lives as well as us. Not to mention they need sleep and food so in two weeks is more like 8 days or so assuming they get enough sleep and nutrients.

Not a rant; more of opinion, and yes I could be wrong and they are lazy, greedy, and selfish people who are undermine us all.

Zysets
Aug 28, 2016, 11:19 AM
I'm here reading all these things the PSO2 team are trying to do and keep the game entertaining, but the demands are so high; for more and more stuff.
do people really need to wield left-handed? is it that important? its like the smallest things in this game have to be as perfect as can be and not to mention new content every 2 weeks. This is insane, these people are working themselves to death at this rate.

its not hard to change a color or two but having to design outfits in two weeks with 3d models and making sure it doesn't crash the game is like a freaked train wreck waiting to happen.

I'm not saying we should asked for stuff. I'm saying we should not expect so much in such a little amount of time. They also have friends, family, and other people in their lives as well as us. Not to mention they need sleep and food so in two weeks is more like 8 days or so assuming they get enough sleep and nutrients.

Not a rant; more of opinion, and yes I could be wrong and they are lazy, greedy, and selfish people who are undermine us all.

This is true, they even said the FFXIV stuff actually took a lot of time to do, the LQ and all the items. I'm an animation student, I know the stressful workload people have to go through with all this, which is why the suggestions for new animations and "left handed wielding" is silly to me. It would be cool no doubt, but it feels like wasted effort when they probably already work enough as is, and the energy can be put into something much more worthwhile.

But that being said, there's nothing wrong with asking for cool aesthetic changes either, I for one would love to see that sort of thing, just keep in low priority.

Zyrusticae
Aug 28, 2016, 11:36 AM
Pretty sure the left-handed animation thing would be one of the easiest changes to make, considering all that is required to make that happen is to flip everything on the Y-axis. Making new running animations would be much, much more difficult by comparison.

The idle animation thing would be really easy, though, considering we already have a bunch of idle animations they could use, and the only thing they'd have to do is add a transition to the default running animation. Or they could even continue using that normal idle animation and let you pick between the idle emotes, which your character would cycle between when standing still for X amount of seconds. (NCSoft games already do something like this, but you don't get to pick the animations as they are race-and-gender-locked.)

I'd really just like an idle animation to replace that broken spine, though. That'd be great.​

Kondibon
Aug 28, 2016, 11:41 AM
I'd really just like an idle animation to replace that broken spine, though. That'd be great.​In the meantime there's a mod that replaces the female idle and running animations with the male ones.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 28, 2016, 11:55 AM
Running animations are fine, that broken spine idle animation is the problem

D-Inferno
Aug 28, 2016, 01:07 PM
I would really like an idle animation where your character wasn't stepping forward on one foot; just standing symmetrical (think PSO1). Cast hover could use something similar, although Sega couldn't be bothering to give them a boosted hover animation for Boost Rings...

Shadowstarkirby
Aug 28, 2016, 01:18 PM
Still waiting for the day that the camo system is reworked to not be utter shit. So many cool camos, yet you can only use one at a time...

Daku
Aug 28, 2016, 01:24 PM
Still waiting for the day that the camo system is reworked to not be utter shit. So many cool camos, yet you can only use one at a time...

It's more baffling when you consider that some of these camo come into the game via AC scratch, so a system re-work could make people buy more AC even.

Zorak000
Aug 28, 2016, 02:18 PM
like they could even patch it in with "this feels like a mod"-level amounts of effort; have the weapon camo menu give you an option to pick which camo to use for which weapon type, when you swap weapons it checks what weapon type you switch to and automatically equips the camo you have set. this wouldn't work for people who want camos on a per-pallet-slot basis in case they wanted to have different pallet slots of the same type have different camos, but again the system would probably be the same, just now when you swap weapons it checks to swap to the camo assigned to that pallet slot.

It sounds like part of their problem is that they keep talking about it like "people want to have multiple camos equipped at the same time" when they should be thinking about how to "trick" the game by having only one camo equipped, but just have a script that changes camos on weapon change

also weapons as camos when

EDIT: yeah like, to even have the camo system to begin with they should have an "On Pallet Slot Change" scripting event already, and they added in that "Change Weapon Mounting Point" menu that DOES work on a per-pallet-slot basis. so what's keeping them from applying that to the weapon camo menu???

wefwq
Aug 28, 2016, 04:20 PM
VR?
They're way too absorbed with entire EP4 "PSO2 are just game but it's isn't" thing.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 28, 2016, 06:39 PM
Running animations are fine, that broken spine idle animation is the problem

Completely disagree myself. I literally have trouble seeing my maximum height, smack talking, big bruiser female character who wields giant weapons with ease doing these "girly runs". The idle animation could use a change(it is easier than running animation), but I feel like the way one carries themselves defines them quite a bit.

Plus generalizing every female into a bubbly princess and every dude into a headlong warrior feels...wrong.

Really only need an extra animation for both. I am 100% sure that would please everyone(enough) that they wouldn't be heavily upset there's not more. People will demand more yeah, but not as badly as now.

I feel like it's honestly something more important than people being able to cosplay as Link atm :U

yoshiblue
Aug 28, 2016, 07:17 PM
Yeb, not every dude should be on edge 24/7. Some people just want to chill-lax.

Xaeris
Aug 28, 2016, 07:41 PM
Dear Sega. Do you like money? Of course you do. Here's what you do. Mocap some new idle and running animations now and then. Call them, I dunno, attitudes. Turn them into salon tickets. Release tickets into AC scratch. Use money to buy printer ink to print more money.

I've made my peace with most of my characters' motions being at odds with their builds, but if they did this, I'd be all over that.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 28, 2016, 08:21 PM
I want a ninja running animation ticket. That would be awesome

loafhero
Aug 28, 2016, 08:41 PM
Not every male character wants to be a stick in the mud like Ohza. A cool-guy idle animation (slightly slouching, one hand placed on hip) or typical japanese delinquent idle animation (both hands on upper things, face facing forward, upper body bending down menacingly) would be nice.

That funny jogging animation that Reda does in cutscenes would be awesome to have as a running animation.

Heck, might as well add unique idle animations for the Trainer NPCs since we see them almost everyday. Examples:

- Lisa polishing and pointing her Assault Rifle.
- Ohza in a stiff heroic stance holding his Partizan upwards.
- Azanami resting her unsheathed Katana on her shoulder while in a casual sexy posture.
- Pietro twirling his Tact with his Pet by his side.
- Katori doing practice swings with her Dual Blades with Saga monitoring her, arms folded, while floating with his Jet Boots.

Take some cues from Blizzard's Overwatch and give your Trainers some personality outside of cutscenes SEGA.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 28, 2016, 09:07 PM
Dear Sega. Do you like money? Of course you do. Here's what you do. Mocap some new idle and running animations now and then. Call them, I dunno, attitudes. Turn them into salon tickets. Release tickets into AC scratch. Use money to buy printer ink to print more money.

I've made my peace with most of my characters' motions being at odds with their builds, but if they did this, I'd be all over that.

Honesty, if they did this JUST to cover the costs, I would totally be for it. I get that animations like running can be a bit more costly than some more stationary things, but with the length of some dance emotes, I do question how bad it could be. Hell, as some pointed out, some run animations already exist like Reda's jogging thing.

silo1991
Aug 28, 2016, 09:13 PM
what i want to see is how is zeno ,echo , alfin , yucrita, fourier, and all other ep 1 NPCs also will sega introduce the camp system mentioned in EP 3 in a rogio cutscene is im not wrong

loafhero
Aug 28, 2016, 09:25 PM
Honesty, if they did this JUST to cover the costs, I would totally be for it. I get that animations like running can be a bit more costly than some more stationary things, but with the length of some dance emotes, I do question how bad it could be. Hell, as some pointed out, some run animations already exist like Reda's jogging thing.

If they can pull off those surprisingly well-animated Live Concert performances, and as mentioned, the many number of Lobby Actions then simple idle animations shouldn't be impossible at all. Its just a matter of whether there are enough JP players requesting for that since that's the player base SEGA's listening to.

what i want to see is how is zeno ,echo , alfin , yucrita, fourier, and all other ep 1 NPCs also will sega introduce the camp system mentioned in EP 3 in a rogio cutscene is im not wrong

Camp system?

silo1991
Aug 28, 2016, 10:29 PM
Camp system?[/QUOTE]

well is just something it was told in one rogio cutscene in ep 3 ( the first one i think) rogio and fourier talked about installing camps on every discovered planet for better monitoring. and in fourier case have an excuse to stay in lilipa

Zysets
Aug 28, 2016, 10:43 PM
well is just something it was told in one rogio cutscene in ep 3 ( the first one i think) rogio and fourier talked about installing camps on every discovered planet for better monitoring. and in fourier case have an excuse to stay in lilipa

I don't think that ever implied that it would be a feature, just adding dialogue in there. I would however love a lobby for each planet like in PSU, it was a bit more fun to travel from one planet to another instead of having a single lobby, at least to me.

loafhero
Aug 29, 2016, 12:08 AM
Ah, I see. That would make for a more fun alternative to the Campships. Campships tend to feel so isolated because of its size and it only allows you and whoever is in your party to appear in. Not to mention services like Item Shops and Medical Drinks are done without an NPC greeting you. Imagine how entertaining it would be if Lilipans (on Lilipa) or the Shellheads (on Vopar) are the ones working at the registers for those shops in a possible Camp System.

Zysets
Aug 29, 2016, 12:24 AM
Ah, I see. That would make for a more fun alternative to the Campships. Campships tend to feel so isolated because of its size and it only allows you and whoever is in your party to appear in. Not to mention services like Item Shops and Medical Drinks are done without an NPC greeting you. Imagine how entertaining it would be if Lilipans (on Lilipa) or the Shellheads (on Vopar) are the ones working at the registers for those shops in a possible Camp System.

I'd love to have that one Vopar character we meet in Episode 2 sell me things on the planet, I always forget his name. The one who teases Echo all the time.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 29, 2016, 01:30 AM
Crabacan, he's a decent guy.

loafhero
Aug 29, 2016, 01:53 AM

Too bad that by default of being technically a tentacle monster, Cabracan is instantly hated by women... ironic for a Japanese game.

NoobSpectre
Aug 29, 2016, 08:16 AM

too bad we lack his girlfriends showing time, character voice or even dem dialogues

Zysets
Aug 29, 2016, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the problem with weapon camos and running/idle poses is from how they codded the game and the way the files load. I'm guessing the problem with camos is setting two of the same exact weapon to have different camos, along with setting just your weapon to change visually and not everyone that has that weapon also.

I'm pretty sure camos only change your weapon, I usually use Ray Daggers with the a camo and I see other people with regular Ray Daggers.

Sonichi
Aug 29, 2016, 10:31 AM
I think he means as in, if they made changes to the system they wouldn't want everyone's item to match your camo, by some error or something. We all know how SEGA is.

Kazzi
Aug 29, 2016, 01:32 PM
When will we finally be able to equip more than one camo at once :(

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 29, 2016, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the problem with weapon camos and running/idle poses is from how they codded the game and the way the files load. I'm guessing the problem with camos is setting two of the same exact weapon to have different camos, along with setting just your weapon to change visually and not everyone that has that weapon also.

I think most people want camos for different weapon types actually. .w.;

Running/idle poses, I can't see it being programmed any differently than how cast can float while "running".

Plus my friend told me, back in the day, there was no running...everyone had to dodge step to get around faster. So it's not something that's deeply buried in the source...

yoshiblue
Aug 29, 2016, 05:10 PM
If I remember right, for the first 2-3 years, running speed was slow and people ended up dodging with twin dagger(?) to get around faster. Eventually shunka and braver was released and everyone started to use that to get around; then ilzonde, until today where we now have guren tessen and a buffed running speed as a means to get around faster.

Vatallus
Aug 29, 2016, 05:25 PM
Before we could actually "run" it was faster to dash with twin daggers or knuckles. Also certain PAs. Then there was some kind of step dash combo that made you go blazing fast... compared to the old run speed.

The new running speed made most of the old ways useless, but things like guren and heartless impact are still faster than running. I think the biggest reason for the new running speed was to help Vita players because they had a lot more trouble doing the things PC players could do for speed increases.

milranduil
Aug 29, 2016, 05:39 PM
If I remember right, for the first 2-3 years, running speed was slow and people ended up dodging with twin dagger(?) to get around faster. Eventually shunka and braver was released and everyone started to use that to get around; then ilzonde, until today where we now have guren tessen and a buffed running speed as a means to get around faster.

shunka was slower than asagiri.

yoshiblue
Aug 29, 2016, 05:51 PM
Well there we go, learning something new everyday.

Keilyn
Aug 29, 2016, 06:00 PM
Reading about VR..
Better for SEGA to make a new game from scratch if they are going to do VR. Basically every "VR-Compatible" Game I have played so far just allows one to substitute in VR as an alternative to a monitor. However, games that are VR-NATIVE require one to completely play the game through a VR-Headset and will not accept a Monitor of anykind (Even 4K). Requirement for these games is to achieve 90 frames per second, and in some cases render up to a 120 degree field of view (which is a strange).

VR was the second time in history that I failed a Gaming Benchmark Test.
Initial Testing had me fail because I run on a 2600K Processor and they wanted a more current processor even if mine runs overclocked safely at 4.2ghz - 4.5ghz. There are many applications in which even under 980 GTX SLI I do not achieve 90 frames per second under native games, while I can adjust to any non-native game, but really... why would I want to? Though I can say my performance is higher than most, but still not worth in investing in it unless you truly have an epic system.. :)

So far for most of the prototype games out there, VR shows good promise though still at infancy. Once it matures, all I will need is to learn how to Data-Drain and I will be all set. :)

Zysets
Aug 29, 2016, 06:05 PM
Yikes I had forgotten about the old run speed.
There are things I'd rather not remember.

Great Pan
Aug 29, 2016, 07:10 PM
Still no PVP?

Pyrei
Aug 29, 2016, 08:33 PM
Still no PVP?

pso2 can't handle pvp, sure we all want it, but it'd be terrible

Tunga
Aug 29, 2016, 08:40 PM
Still no PVP?

Force would just wipe any other class away lol. Would be funny to see it.

Zysets
Aug 29, 2016, 09:28 PM
They'd have to do major rebalancing for PVP, which I doubt they want to do.

Regardless, I never felt like this game needed PVP, the Online Phantasy Star games never felt like games where PVP would fit in 100%.

Pyrei
Aug 29, 2016, 10:19 PM
gonna read and reply to everything in the first post

VR in pso2... uh this link is all you'd get which is fun at first then meh later http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1866

They may adjust crafting costs in the future - its about time they looked at it, and while we're at it, add in 12* crafts please weapon crafting is super dead...

Sega says not to expect another collaboration as big as FF at least for a while, it was VERY difficult for them to do, and way too much work while churning out content bi-weekly. - I wouldn't expect more than 1 of those a year, but don't let FF14 be the last one, theres LOTS of things that would work well in pso2 collab wise, a lot of money out there to be made with collabs.

This one is old bumped covered it, but yes Sega is considering on making XH blocks with required locks. What Bumped DIDNT cover is the reasoning. Sega wants to make harder content that surpasses XH and believe this lock as a "Test" for players. - its about time we got harder content than XH, we've been on XH since ep3 start and its felt for a long time that this game was on a plateau, lets let UQ amd be the end of XH and make a new difficulty for new stuff at lv 100 mobs, add XH to all free fields that don't have it, and raise the lv cap to lv80 (for now), but this is very good news that the devs are ready to move on from XH

They are thinking of adding color options for tacts. - still want stronger tacts so the master can backup the pet with some offensive techs

They received some complaints about not being able to choose what hand to hold your weapon is. They will look into left hand / right hand switching if there's a high enough demand. - lets scratch this and go for alternate stances for holding weapons, I mean come on no one holds a greatsword like pso2 characters do, same can be said of other weapons like katana and JB

They have no idea what an alternative mascot to Rappies would be for EP 4. - ......don't we have enough mascots already...

Sega is reviewing what Emergency Quests to no longer make "Scheduled Only" - anything that has a sheet should be scheduled, after sheet expires it becomes random

Sega is not planning to strengthen Luther, or Elder. - lol

NO THEY WILL NOT MAKE BATH TOWELS SEE THROUGH STOP ASKING THEM - LOL

The story cutscene weapons are the same because of the amount of time it would take to animate different weapons for the story mode.
They know there's a demand for a command to make everyone look at your character. (Like how /ce makes your character look at the camera) but they believe it will cause issues and trouble for people that don't want to.[/QUOTE] - give us GS then not ds

Pyrei
Aug 29, 2016, 11:35 PM
might get shot for this but, give us a version of itsuki's gunslash that changes color based on the outfit you're wearing, that'd be easy and make story seem alittle different for everone that plays story

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 30, 2016, 01:01 AM

In till everyone waits for them to come out of obvious mirage steps and blast them away...

Melee would be so pointless in PVP though, as is... Only thing that would be awful is that any grapple move would make you just be pinned till dead. And you know there's gonna be that ONE guy with wired lances to ruin your day.

I guess this is why awful things like ARKs league exists .w.;

Edit: I guess with presets, Fo wouldn't be too awful as long as it removed any "Hit scans" like Rafioe. But if you're gonna do PVP with something like this, you would need to add abilities not normally in the game, like giving more classes guards and things to counter those guards like grapples etc.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 30, 2016, 01:46 AM
Make PVP a different quest/server/system of it's own...you know, like Challenge quest.

And tbh, I hope EP5 revisits Planet Makia from PSNova, don't tell me they've completely forgot about it.

loafhero
Aug 30, 2016, 07:32 AM
You all want more horror stories? There was once a time in PSO2 where maintaining air time for melee classes wasn't as long as it is now. You couldn't get in more than at least 4 swings before you dropped to the ground.

I wouldn't want PvP in PSO2. There's a reason why ARKS-like NPCs that we can fight in either Solo XQ or in Story have slowed, heavily telegraphed versions of player-controlled attacks.

I'm no expert but I think its because PSO2 is so heavily focused on PvE content that we get some incredible boss fights I've never seen in other MMOs.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 30, 2016, 11:52 AM
I'm no expert but I think its because PSO2 is so heavily focused on PvE content that we get some incredible boss fights I've never seen in other MMOs.

Well, while it means there's far less time screwing around with shoehorned PVP, that's still more of a case of dedication(and referencing monster hunter).

nguuuquaaa
Aug 30, 2016, 12:48 PM

I would like to see if any class can do anything against Combat Escape.

Lyrise
Aug 30, 2016, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure any gunner or DB Bouncer can stuff Combat Escape hard. Lockon strike doesn't have limitless vertical range, while GU and BO do have options for near unlimited vertical climb and airtime. Stall for 20 seconds, and get back to work.

Raujinn
Aug 30, 2016, 01:18 PM
I mean you can also likely just block much of it, Katana attacks have a pretty specific rhythm and loud audio tells to them so as long as lag isn't a factor... But then one mistake and you get stunlocked to death so lol.

FANSean
Aug 30, 2016, 01:37 PM
I'd just like to point out the main reason we're using a Double Saber in Ep4 as opposed to a gunslash is because Coat Doublis is A) An all-class weapon and B) symbolic since it's the 'pure' form of Persona's DS.

Starryeyedbunny
Aug 30, 2016, 01:40 PM
I'd just like to point out the main reason we're using a Double Saber in Ep4 as opposed to a gunslash is because Coat Doublis is A) An all-class weapon and B) symbolic since it's the 'pure' form of Persona's DS.

And isn't as jarring as a large sword.

Zyrusticae
Aug 30, 2016, 02:12 PM
Still dumb. I can't use a double saber as anything other than a Fi with any competency anyway.

Selphea
Aug 30, 2016, 06:49 PM
Persona should've used a gunslash in the first place

Xaeris
Aug 30, 2016, 06:52 PM
In fairness, no matter what weapon you put in Persona's hands, you're going to screw with someone's headcanon. My Force looks equally ridiculous with doubles or gunslash in cutscenes.

PokeminMaster
Aug 30, 2016, 08:44 PM
Honestly, I really like the look of Coat Doublis (even though I don't actually play Fighter)

Persona should've used a gunslash in the first place

About that, I remember hoping once that they might add a [Persona] with access to all weapon types (cycling to a random one each time you knock off 1/4 of his/her HP or so), but at the same time, I guess that would require him/her to have much more HP

Zysets
Aug 30, 2016, 09:02 PM
Honestly, I really like the look of Coat Doublis (even though I don't actually play Fighter)

About that, I remember hoping once that they might add a [Persona] with access to all weapon types (cycling to a random one each time you knock off 1/4 of his/her HP or so), but at the same time, I guess that would require him/her to have much more HP

Unless they made them much more difficult to fight, so just hitting them wasn't so simple.

loafhero
Aug 31, 2016, 10:27 PM

They could make fighting Persona similar to boss fights in another game called "Furi" where taking down one health bar of a boss has them shift into a new phase complete with a brand new weapon or attack patterns and the same length of health bar. For example, take down Sword Persona and he/she shifts to Double Saber Persona and so on. It could work as long as they remove his/her damn Super Armor mode.

kurokyosuke
Sep 7, 2016, 04:09 PM
So I just noticed that Eluther is coming up, unscheduled, in Ship3. I thought they were going to make this change further down the line.
Anyone know which other EQs were affected?

Zysets
Sep 7, 2016, 04:32 PM
Do you mean Luther? He was always unscheduled.

Of all the more notable EQs, Elder and Loser are unscheduled, as well as TD1-3. Always have been.

kurokyosuke
Sep 7, 2016, 04:36 PM
Eluther, as in the Elder/Luther EQ that was always scheduled-only.

Zysets
Sep 7, 2016, 04:37 PM
Oh, never heard it referred to by that name. Interesting, I guess they did start moving some over to unscheduled. That's good to hear.

kurokyosuke
Sep 8, 2016, 11:37 AM
So far, it looks like Eluther, Magatsu, and Invitation to Darkness (dunno the English patch name) are included as unscheduled EQs.
Isn't there an actual list somewhere? Or do we have to just keep waiting to see if any others show up?

ohmy
Sep 12, 2016, 05:30 AM
Wasn't Elder scheduled only a while ago?

I really hope yamato is added to the random pool. Easiest cubes we got at the moment and none the Lagatsu glitching bs.

Cyber Meteor
Sep 12, 2016, 07:30 AM
Yamato is still scheduled only, it didn't got random unfortunately. Elder/Luther (Profound Invasion), Magatsu, Falz Angel (mothership), Ocean of Death (Chrome dragon on coast), Chaotic tranquility ( full of boosted ennemies in Urban ) are the EQ that went random now

Xenosiss
Sep 12, 2016, 08:13 AM
Yamato is still scheduled only, it didn't got random unfortunately. Elder/Luther (Profound Invasion), Magatsu, Falz Angel (mothership), Ocean of Death (Chrome dragon on coast), Chaotic tranquility ( full of boosted ennemies in Urban ) are the EQ that went random now

So... is MBD4 confirmed being scheduled-only ?

Cyber Meteor
Sep 12, 2016, 08:26 AM
yeah, TD4 is still scheduled only

ohmy
Sep 13, 2016, 04:32 AM
Didn't even know that any on this list besides PI and Magatsu were scheduled only.