PDA

View Full Version : Hitting One Million

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 30, 2016, 04:55 PM
Hi all,

Anyone got links to builds I can cause excessive damage with? Preferably not one where I rely on another play to debuff an enemy. So a class/subclass where I can deal max damage with PA's and debuffs etc at my disposal

Thanks,

Tifa

Kintama
Aug 30, 2016, 05:20 PM
What's the point of hitting the 1M mark if you do so with a class combo you do not enjoy playing?

Just play for the hell of it and if you find and enjoy a certain class combo you'll eventually get performant at it.

Shirou66
Aug 30, 2016, 05:30 PM
FO / GU
Chain + Il Barta

Pretty much the simplest build for insane damage
It does require a lot of practice though

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 31, 2016, 05:26 AM
I've tried all sorts of classes and builds. But I've never had one to reach such high damage. And a lower damage output is frustrating and not enjoyable for me. Hence why I'm asking for people's advice on what builds they've found successful in dealing high damage.

Would it solely be reliant on Chain or Weak Bullet?

Tifa

Dammy
Aug 31, 2016, 05:29 AM
decently geared and specced BR/HU with Kamikaze Arrow doesnt need WB to get 1 mil , just all atk buffs you can get

final_attack
Aug 31, 2016, 05:33 AM
Well, WB got stupid high modifier (unless it's WB jamming state of course) for mpa (255%, I think) .....
And Chain (500% at 100 Chain, multiply it it again by 1.35 from Chain Finish Bonus) for self ......

I believe BrGu has the best max damage (1 hit) from Banish ...... though I think it's solely used for some coordinated EQ (Magatsu ..... Luther too, I think) ....
And might need a little bit of coordination with your party members ...... to build Chain

Selphea
Aug 31, 2016, 06:08 AM
Step 1: HuFi with Partisan or BrHu, BrRa, RaBr, FoBr, TeBr or FiBr with relevant Bow.
Step 2: Go into TD4
Step 3: Vol or Banish on Exoda and faceroll
Step 4: Complete EQ and check damage record.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 31, 2016, 06:09 AM
Are most heavy hitters doing single hit damage? How would a br/gu be handling mobs of enemies etc?

Tunga
Aug 31, 2016, 07:22 AM
Step 1: HuFi with Partisan or BrHu, BrRa, RaBr, FoBr, TeBr or FiBr with relevant Bow.

BoHu can still do near 3M on exoda with Volg lol. They are a joke.

Selphea
Aug 31, 2016, 08:18 AM
Yea but why do you wanna do 3M when you can do 5M :P

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 31, 2016, 08:35 AM
Could anyone link a BoHu build as I've got a BoHu already and wouldn't mind trying a different style. Exoda, volg, banish. Sorry I've not played in a long time. Are these Pa's? Weps?

Zephyrion
Aug 31, 2016, 08:48 AM
Could anyone link a BoHu build as I've got a BoHu already and wouldn't mind trying a different style. Exoda, volg, banish. Sorry I've not played in a long time. Are these Pa's? Weps?

Volg and banish are PAs for partizan and bow. Exoda are the corrupted A.I.S you find in TD4, they are known for taking an insane amount of damage from any source. Volg and banish are PAs that set a mine on the enemy that records damage done by the player for 3 seconds before detonating and replicating that damage. now Exodas take roughly *3 damage from your other PAs, then that damage is recorded, and detonation replicates all that *3 more or less. This makes breaking 1M ridiculously easy for any class having access to those weapons in that situation.

About dealing 1M damage in a "normal situation" that is to say without using stuff like weak bullet or chain trigger, or abusing very weak points like exoda or rodos mouth, it's pretty hard actually.

Altiea
Aug 31, 2016, 09:12 AM
You generally don't hit 1M outside of a controlled environment in which you have access to Weak Bullet and additional modifiers. For example, Chain Banish does wonderful things, (https://youtu.be/dP2J_VA2LwU) but is basically unusable in solo play or pug.

TehCubey
Aug 31, 2016, 09:54 AM
You generally don't hit 1M outside of a controlled environment in which you have access to Weak Bullet and additional modifiers. For example, Chain Banish does wonderful things, (https://youtu.be/dP2J_VA2LwU) but is basically unusable in solo play or pug.

This. Dishing out huge damage numbers requires a specific setup and basically works only for bosses you specifically prepared it for.

If you want to reliably deal 1M damage on any enemy you encounter? There's no build for that.

Tunga
Aug 31, 2016, 11:22 AM
Yea but why do you wanna do 3M when you can do 5M :P

I would have to play fighter to do that :/

MightyHarken
Aug 31, 2016, 12:10 PM
I can deal over 1 million damage with a single PA to any boss solo or in a pug. You just need wb and satellite cannon anda decent r atk build ra/hu

Tunga
Aug 31, 2016, 08:07 PM
And here comes Harken stroking his ranger master race e-peen.

Keilyn
Aug 31, 2016, 08:54 PM
Only question I ask about rangers is
"Where are the sniper rifles?"

I just feel that Rangers in any game without access to a long-range sniper rifle truly is a blasphemy...
The class has never felt right to me... even though its weak bullet goes far.

@Tifa
A lot go after Fo/Te because of combined techs and the enemies that soak up a lot of damage are usually XH bosses. However, you have to be comfortable with the DPS Class Style you are going after, or what will happen is that you will slowly start feeling drained when you realize that you are sacrificing having fun for the quick fix to kill a boss fast.

However, if you are one of those players who believes that the best way to have fun is to work as hard as possible, then be my guest.

Regardless the Epic DPS-Combo you side with, just make sure you are having fun with it and you are comfortable with it.

Dammy
Sep 1, 2016, 01:04 AM
I can deal over 1 million damage with a single PA to any boss solo or in a pug. You just need wb and satellite cannon anda decent r atk build ra/hu
of course, but he was asking about single big hit

Eternal255
Sep 1, 2016, 04:51 PM
There's tons that can. Summoner alone can do it with the pet bomb attack.

Also, 1m isnt the cap. Someone in my PS4 community hit for over 4 million with Br/Hu, without using weak bullet in TD4 (against an enemy AIS with banish)

Altiea
Sep 2, 2016, 11:34 AM
There's tons that can. Summoner alone can do it with the pet bomb attack.

Also, 1m isnt the cap. Someone in my PS4 community hit for over 4 million with Br/Hu, without using weak bullet in TD4 (against an enemy AIS with banish)

That's supposed to happen against Exoda, though.

Daku
Sep 2, 2016, 05:08 PM

This, 4m with a bow as BrHu isn't unusual against an exoda as they multiply banishing damage dealt to them, a Br/Ra can hit up 5m pre weak bullet fairly easily as well, it's nothing special tbh and much of it is likely to be overkill damage you really didn't even need to deal to kill that exoda.

Eternal255
Sep 2, 2016, 06:21 PM

If it were an average enemy, how much would it have hit for?

Say.... Bal Rodos?

Or another way to ask the question, what's the multiplier on attacks vs Exoda? (Also didn't know that was their name)

Daku
Sep 2, 2016, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure how high the multiplier is on the exoda, but's it tremendous enough that even a badly executed Pen Arrow spam combo from a 50 ele pot 3 Live Bow ended up dealing 3mill damage as Br/Ra... killing the exoda anyway.

As for other cases, at Bal Rodos without WB I hit 1.2m banishing after a harpooning aiming only at the lower jaw. he sometimes dies before banishing get a chance to go off however as of new 60 Ele Siega bow I got a while back
Another consistent case is most bosses I can banish up to 600k-800k without WB if most pen arrows hit a headshot/weakspots.

Bellion
Sep 2, 2016, 08:34 PM
Exoda's base is a x4 multiplier from non-AIS attacks. The head also takes a further x2 multiplier from ranged attacks.
Bal Rodos' tongue is a x2.5 multiplier with lowered defense in the standard free field exploration fight as opposed to the facility random encounters.

MightyHarken
Sep 3, 2016, 12:53 PM
Yeah those enemies are seriously weak to damage, So I wouldn't take the damage dealt to them in mind.