PDA

View Full Version : Form wand collection sheet tips?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 5, 2016, 09:37 AM
I've got til october, and limited time to play. What is the best way to do this? Illusia especially seems impossible.

kurokyosuke
Sep 5, 2016, 09:47 AM
Farming Riding Quests is literally the only way.

Keilyn
Sep 5, 2016, 11:58 AM
I've got til october, and limited time to play. What is the best way to do this? Illusia especially seems impossible.

I guess what can be done since I am after those wands as well is to organize a group that would run together. I am getting tired of there always being one or two players who have 3 NPCs attached to them each... So its like 10/12 and there are really only four real players. Vegas goes a lot faster when everyone in XH is actually a human-controlled player.

If you are on limited playtime, then get your RDR 250 ready (that is a must) and start finding parties who are doing the same mission. That is pretty much your best bet.

Raujinn
Sep 5, 2016, 12:58 PM
Kind of a similar problem here, OP. The collection files require a _lot_ of illusias and the only way to get em reliably is to spam riding quests. They didn't provide an Arks Quest so there's no guaranteed way to fight the area bosses this time around. :/

Zephyrion
Sep 5, 2016, 01:06 PM
Yeah Riding quest is best bet. With a bit of luck you could also simply drop it as this quest gives a relatively decent amount of *13 so it could just pop at any moment's notice

Anduril
Sep 5, 2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah Riding quest is best bet. With a bit of luck you could also simply drop it as this quest gives a relatively decent amount of *13 so it could just pop at any moment's notice

Funny thing, I got all the Vegas 13*s except the 2 I have collection sheets for (Wand and Boots) as drops from the Riding Quest, and was even able to 60% 3 of them, not that I'll ever use them.

FantasyHeaven
Sep 6, 2016, 01:47 AM
I managed to get lucky and got 2 of them as random drops back to back, so all I need to do is get this sheet finished and it's 60'd.
I don't see how anyone but the most dedicated person could actually farm 3 sheets of this crap in riding quest alone. Maybe they add vegas illusion to the new seasonal quest, that would make it more doable but knowing it's sega I kinda doubt it.

Xenosiss
Sep 6, 2016, 03:28 AM
Well, actually, when they released Las Vegas, there was a shit ton of RQ runs on every XH block (at least on Ship 6), so... farming +32 Form/Titan was kinda easy, just a matter of time. But now... it seems like people already got bored of it and it's kinda hard to "spam" it efficiently... I'm sad about the fact I picked Knuckles & DBs but not the Wand when I farmed +32... Now I'm in the same situation as you. I tried farming XH Free Explo, but it sucks. It's actually way faster to farm RQ as you can pretty much get from 0 to 6 Illusia a run. RNG pls~

Hrith
Sep 6, 2016, 03:49 AM
The wand is a pain even moreso than the others, because there are very few crows in riding missions, so you'll have that file at 50% when the others reach 100% if you solely do riding missions. I hunted the Visburn NT from Vol Dragon in Super Hard (took eight runs) to be safe, then completed the sheet.

Xenosiss
Sep 6, 2016, 04:03 AM
The wand is a pain even moreso than the others, because there are very few crows in riding missions, so you'll have that file at 50% when the others reach 100% if you solely do riding missions. I hunted the Visburn NT from Vol Dragon in Super Hard (took eight runs) to be safe, then completed the sheet.
I also, randomly, completed the Crow part in the Beckoning Darkness EQ, dunno from which mob tho~

Sirius-91
Sep 6, 2016, 05:27 AM
I also, randomly, completed the Crow part in the Beckoning Darkness EQ, dunno from which mob tho~
Those Mantis darkers.

Raujinn
Sep 6, 2016, 08:32 AM
I mean, for the sake of collection files I guess you don't actually need a full MPA, just enough people to have a good rate of etrials. I guess it also comes down to "how much of an effect does score have on drops"..

Tunga
Sep 6, 2016, 09:23 AM
I was hyped to get the Titan Partizan, but man the rates in Riding quest is just horrible. I lost all motivation :(

Raujinn
Sep 6, 2016, 09:42 AM
I'm actually genuinely concerned that they're going to stick a teleporter with lockout at the start of Ultimate Amduscia, precisely because it could doom the quest to the same fate..

But yeah, the really low rates might be killing motivation in general.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 6, 2016, 10:14 AM
I was hyped to get the Titan Partizan, but man the rates in Riding quest is just horrible. I lost all motivation :(

Me with the Form wand also.

Keilyn
Sep 6, 2016, 12:36 PM
I am into doing the hard sell....

Motivation might be low, but I am willing to run the maps with anyone who wants to run them together. For me, the fastest is to have 12 players who can spam them together and not deal with NPCs. Though I am still working on getting an effective Wind weapon set because I wasn't a fan of Tokyo to begin with. Its amazing how these last two maps have made Wind Element more important.

I give SEGA credit for doing that...

EvilMag
Sep 6, 2016, 02:06 PM
I'm actually genuinely concerned that they're going to stick a teleporter with lockout at the start of Ultimate Amduscia, precisely because it could doom the quest to the same fate..

But yeah, the really low rates might be killing motivation in general.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do that as well but much later if new Anga drops a new set of 13*s that are better than Austere and people just farm him instead.

Raujinn
Sep 6, 2016, 02:56 PM
Yeah kinda don't want to see Anga Farming return either, but it shouldn't as long as the bosses that aren't Anga actually drop anything and there's some incentive to actually clear the quest.

Anyway on topic; its only a temporary solution but hopefully the boost week will breathe a bit more life into the quest. I'm aiming to try to get at least 1 wand before then so I can finish it off during the boost week maybe. It's that or end up having to feed it whatever 13* wands I happen to come across. ;A;

Pyrei
Sep 6, 2016, 07:57 PM
I'm not too worried about farming the sheets of these too much because sooner or later they should make nightmare vegas triggers to make farming vegas 13*s easier (tho that could be bad considering only 4~6 of the 11 13*s there are any good)