PDA

View Full Version : Dark gal weps and regiment 2016 discussion

Flaoc
Sep 7, 2016, 03:41 AM
just need to see if the nt weps retain the old pots or limited to a single range potential

also 1st 2016 regiment in a couple hours will also update op when swiki gets the stats on them

edit: well new gal tmg dropped for me and its 13% damage 25% crit and some life steal at +30 for zra potential

Poyonche
Sep 7, 2016, 03:49 AM
Didn't they say it would be basically the same pot with a tiny HP drain ?

Flaoc
Sep 7, 2016, 03:54 AM
Didn't they say it would be basically the same pot with a tiny HP drain ?

i hear so many different things from different people that honestly ill just wait for swiki

final_attack
Sep 7, 2016, 04:37 AM
The ...... items needed to complete the Sheet .....
kinda ..... relatively farmable? o-o

Tmg one ....

Gal Gryphon - Missouri-M13 -> XQ?
Kodoniagari - Tourmalinca -> VH AQ Floating Continent?
Kodotta Ideta - Red Tmg -> VH AQ Floating Continent?
Lv71+ Enemy - Nox Tmg -> Any XH EQ / SH AQ?

I'll just wait for Swiki too (waiting for the amount of power up it got)

Pyrei
Sep 7, 2016, 04:41 AM
the nox one says only regiment will fill the bar.

final_attack
Sep 7, 2016, 04:43 AM
the nox one says only regiment will fill the bar.

Ah ... I see .... I missed that >.<
Thank you.

NephyrisX
Sep 7, 2016, 05:31 AM
Which potential should I go for Gal weapons in general?

Apt Grafter or Apt Striker?

Edit: Derp, only realised that NT Gal have different Potentials.

Xenosiss
Sep 7, 2016, 05:33 AM
Ah ... I see .... I missed that >.<
Thank you.

You could still drop it elsewhere, kinda like you can drop let's say... Niren Orochi from Magatsu (for Ray DBs). It's kinda unlikely but it could happen (and it will fullfill the bar instantly, even tho it shouldn't fill the bar outside of said EQ).

Relni
Sep 7, 2016, 05:38 AM
You could still drop it elsewhere, kinda like you can drop let's say... Niren Orochi from Magatsu (for Ray DBs). It's kinda unlikely but it could happen (and it will fullfill the bar instantly, even tho it shouldn't fill the bar outside of said EQ).

Just to correct something, Niren Orochi drops from Elder/Luther on VH+. Magatsu drops Sange Yasha. I think you've mixed up these 2 DBs since they pretty much look the same

Selphea
Sep 7, 2016, 06:10 AM
You can get Nox from PD/TD4/hunting the relevant darker boss i guess, but if it's seasonal they'll throw regiment out like candy.

Vatallus
Sep 7, 2016, 06:42 AM
Niren Orochi drops from Luther***

Xenosiss
Sep 7, 2016, 06:45 AM
Just to correct something, Niren Orochi drops from Elder/Luther on VH+. Magatsu drops Sange Yasha. I think you've mixed up these 2 DBs since they pretty much look the same
Oh yeah, my bad !

However, I don't think new Gal weapons are worth getting, they seem a bit situational. Maybe if you have a hard time in Solo XQ ?

Flaoc
Sep 7, 2016, 06:51 AM
got new gal tmg and unlocked pot.. seems legit (no sarcasm this really does seem like a legit tmg)

Dammy
Sep 7, 2016, 06:56 AM
how much does it heals for ?

Xion14Blade
Sep 7, 2016, 06:57 AM
got new gal tmg and unlocked pot.. seems legit (no sarcasm this really does seem like a legit tmg)
What's the potential?

Flaoc
Sep 7, 2016, 07:01 AM
reading op is hard

edit: well new gal tmg dropped for me and its 13% damage 25% crit and some life steal at +30 for zra potential

Xion14Blade
Sep 7, 2016, 07:02 AM
reading op is hard

Didn't see the edit, my bad

AnikaSteinberg
Sep 7, 2016, 07:03 AM
The new NT gal weapons actually delight me a bit, because I relatively consider the Gal weapon series as "mythical" weapons, due to not having any single one of them after all this time orz.

On the flip side, the Gal Gryphon collection node for the NT Gal weps seems to be alternatively farm-able with XQ runs, tho I've yet to test if 10+ boosted Kuron EQ runs would equate to X number of (also boosted) XQ runs for that single 11* drop.

final_attack
Sep 7, 2016, 07:03 AM
If I saw it right in Twitter, at max pot, it's 13% (DS potential, zero range) (https://twitter.com/winglessrb/status/773486018695618560) .... same critical rate. It seems to scale from 9% / 11% / 13%
As for heal ..... it's a 1
Just 1 !!!!!!! (https://twitter.com/winglessrb/status/773489954429153281)

Flaoc
Sep 7, 2016, 07:10 AM
If I saw it right in Twitter, at max pot, it's 13% (DS potential, zero range) (https://twitter.com/winglessrb/status/773486018695618560) .... same critical rate. It seems to scale from 9% / 11% / 13%
As for heal ..... it's a 1
Just 1 !!!!!!! (https://twitter.com/winglessrb/status/773489954429153281)

if that 1% is uncapped thats still pretty godly no lie.. unless its really just exactly 1hp......... ok it is 1 hp lol k

Sandmind
Sep 7, 2016, 07:11 AM
1 hp? Sound perfect for HU sub user with maxed iron will. :wacko:

arkeido
Sep 7, 2016, 07:14 AM
Nice heal (lvl1 pot)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/r2V1w/42d6cdfa59.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

final_attack
Sep 7, 2016, 07:14 AM
I was .... wondering if I should get it ....
at +35, it'll be at 1475 or 1476, no?

A tiny bit below Austere Tmg ..... (http://4rt.info/psod/?4fBvy)
But .... that 1 HP recovery only (not 1%, just 1) T~T If it's at least 0.1% recovery I might get one T~T

Probably better not to get it, I guess o-o

Dammy
Sep 7, 2016, 07:18 AM
so at llvl3 pot it should heal for 3 ?!

Vatallus
Sep 7, 2016, 07:21 AM
I'd laugh if the pot's lifesteal was based on your max HP and that is why we are only seeing 1s.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2016, 07:21 AM
I could see that heal being useful for staying topped off when using fast multihit weapons like DS or mech guns, but for something slow it's not really worth taking into consideration.

Loveless62
Sep 7, 2016, 07:23 AM
Which potential should I go for Gal weapons in general?

Apt Grafter or Apt Striker?

There are more than just Apt Grafter or Apt Striker for Gal weapon potentials. There are potentials for close range, medium range, and long range. And the optimal potential varies per weapon.

Gal WL - probably close range? I'm not real sure.
Gal DS - close range
Gal Rifle - long range
Gal TMG - close range
Gal Bow - close range might work for Br/Hu BaniKami, but I'm not really sure either potential really works.
Gal Rod - either depending on what element you chose and what techs you want to cast (e.g. close range for light element Rod for Ragrants)
Gal Wand - close range
Gal JB - close range seems reasonable, but I'm not a JB expert

Note that some of the choices I didn't list above could be useful in certain situations, like close range Gal Rifle could be useful for Glory Rain (and for when enemies get close), or medium range TMG could be useful for Elder Rebellion. Not that I believe making a second Gal weapon would be worth it.

Zephyrion
Sep 7, 2016, 07:34 AM
I really think that heal is just there to show if you're actually triggering potential or not

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2016, 07:37 AM
I really think that heal is just there to show if you're actually triggering potential or notOh! If it only triggers when you're triggering with the damage bonus then that makes a lot of sense.

Rakurai
Sep 7, 2016, 08:54 AM
If there's only three latents, does that mean they axed the old close range latent on the TMGs that used the original ZRA range (AKA, having to be practically touching the enemy for it to trigger)?

Zorak000
Sep 7, 2016, 09:49 AM
so are they finally taking advantage of that potential switching option in the upgrade shop and all three of these potentials are available on all of the gels weapons, or did they forget about that already and we still only have one option on each

Zorak000
Sep 7, 2016, 09:59 AM
oh right here you go:

Restores HP with long-range <br>attacks, boosts critical rate <br>by 45% and power by 11%.
Restores HP with mid-range <br>attacks, boosts critical rate <br>by 35% and power by 12%.
Restores HP with point-blank <br>attacks, boosts critical rate <br>by 25% and power by 13%.

Batty
Sep 7, 2016, 10:56 AM
thats seems, like a very powerfull upgrade vs the original gal wep o.o and the atk is right between austere and invader

Rayden
Sep 7, 2016, 11:18 AM
So they dropped the superior close range potential and just kept the inferior zero range one?

Is the mid range potential still terrible like it was with the older weapons?

Dammy
Sep 7, 2016, 11:58 AM
thats seems, like a very powerfull upgrade vs the original gal wep o.o and the atk is right between austere and invader
+1 % damage and like 60atk , its not that huge , but yeah , its good
if only hp drain was like current guld milla , or abit weaker , but 1 hp triggering me

Zorak000
Sep 7, 2016, 12:18 PM
So they dropped the superior close range potential and just kept the inferior zero range one?

the mid-range potential is perfect on the wired lance, but nothing else; especially since the long-range potential's minimum range is shorter than the mid-range's minimum if I recall

Zephyrion
Sep 7, 2016, 12:53 PM

I think they just fused them since zero range was so impractical (asking you to be literally into the enemy's model at time) so now that and a bit farther til medium range falls down into that category, that's only speculation though

Zorak000
Sep 8, 2016, 12:09 AM
oh yeah they said they did some adjustments with EQs, anybody know anything specific? I think they said a little bit ago that some pre-scheduled EQs will be popping up randomly at some point

Fusionxglave
Sep 8, 2016, 12:45 AM
Nice heal (lvl1 pot)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/r2V1w/42d6cdfa59.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

That Is very Funny over 30k and it gives you back 1 hp.

Sandmind
Sep 8, 2016, 08:34 AM
I really think that heal is just there to show if you're actually triggering potential or not

Quoting you again, since considering Standing Sign ring is a thing, your guess should be right on the money. It's oddly nice of Sega to add something like that as a confirmation that the potantial is in active range.

Zorak000
Sep 8, 2016, 11:01 AM
alright well here is a good question:

why do I want a gryphon NT weapon when the ray files are still active.

so far the only answer I can think of is "the Doublesaber and TMG can both benefit from the critical rate boost" but after that I feel like I should just stick to Ray files

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2016, 11:11 AM
Gotta look good while killing everything. The last thing you want them to see before they die is your beauty.

MaeIstrom
Sep 8, 2016, 11:29 AM
How close you need to be to activate the close range pot?

Bellion
Sep 8, 2016, 11:43 AM
It's point-blank, and it's worse than maintaining Gunner's Zero Range Advance.
Besides how it looks, I honestly can't think of a good reason to get any Gal weapon. I can certainly give you plenty of reasons to avoid each and every one of them.

Dammy
Sep 8, 2016, 11:57 AM
^ this , wand could work tho

MaeIstrom
Sep 8, 2016, 12:03 PM
Besides how it looks, I honestly can't think of a good reason to get any Gal weapon. I can certainly give you plenty of reasons to avoid each and every one of them.

I was exactly wondering about this, that's why I came with the question...

Bellion
Sep 8, 2016, 12:36 PM
I can't put the approximate range into words, so I'll give a visual. When I'm healing 1 HP, that is when the potential is active.
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNFw0ncOgU[/SPOILER-BOX]

The point-blank potential doesn't work with the final hit of heavenly fall with this wired lance, it's that bad.

This person has the mid-range potential covered.
https://twitter.com/con_ronte/status/626780377995087872

One more thing to note is that the range that has to be covered is from yourself to the center of the hitbox that you're trying to hit. Weak Bullet and Chain are ways to determine the center of a hitbox. Hitboxes that are too large on certain enemies will make it much more annoying to make use of the point-blank potential.

kurokyosuke
Sep 8, 2016, 12:40 PM

Gryphon weapons have potentials for close range and point-blank, by the way. Close range allows for one step/dash distance away from the enemy, while you have to pretty much be hugging the enemy for point-blank. While I don't disagree that the whole restricted-to-a-specific-distance thing sucks, the specifics of how it works should still be made clear.

EDIT: I never actually looked up the new weapons until just now, but I noticed that there isn't even a "close range" distance anymore, only point-blank. Wow, that's just dumb.

Bellion
Sep 8, 2016, 12:59 PM
Only 3 Gal weapons had access to the close range potential and they were Wired Lance, Assault Rifle, and Bullet Bow. Honestly, none of them were worth it either if you wanted to make full use of the weapon.

Flaoc
Sep 8, 2016, 01:01 PM
I can't put the approximate range into words, so I'll give a visual. When I'm healing 1 HP, that is when the potential is active.
[SPOILER-BOX]

The point-blank potential doesn't work with the final hit of heavenly fall with this wired lance, it's that bad.

This person has the mid-range potential covered.
https://twitter.com/con_ronte/status/626780377995087872

One more thing to note is that the range that has to be covered is from yourself to the center of the hitbox that you're trying to hit. Weak Bullet and Chain are ways to determine the center of a hitbox. Hitboxes that are too large on certain enemies will make it much more annoying to make use of the point-blank potential.

forgot how close these things actually forced you to be.. yikes no wonder it felt so good swapping from original gal ds to austere

MaeIstrom
Sep 8, 2016, 01:12 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

looks completely worthless for TMGs...

Raujinn
Sep 8, 2016, 01:46 PM
Sorta questioning its usefulness as a light rod which was the only reason I had a sheet.

elryan
Sep 8, 2016, 02:21 PM
IMHO these weapons were too late.

Aside from Ray Weapons outclassing all of them, these following weapons had been released (although you can't get them easily anymore):

- Seiga DS from Yamato trumps the healing potential of NT Gryphons DS while maintaining respectable damage boost without the range limitation.
- The 2 rifle drops from Yamato boosts your critical damage, not just the percentage.
- Last boost week has enough TD Demise plus medal drops from Odin / Beach War to afford you an Orbit TMG, which is far better compared to NT Gryphons TMG.
- Seiga Bow from Yamato, Stelk Isera (from Las Vegas) are probably better due to no range limitation.
- Rod is a no-no because 2 Compound Techniques plus some other techs like Gifoie or Ragrants require you to get close and personal to the enemy.
- Wand can be used if you get up close and smack enemies personally. But Form Scythe from Las Vegas is here so...

Although these ones are probably feasible:

- Gryphon Lance is a torn because most wired lance PAs have medium range. But honestly I won't get this one...
- Gryphon Jet Boots are quite nice too because all JB PAs require you to get close to the enemy to deal damage anyway.

Loveless62
Sep 8, 2016, 02:58 PM
There are more than just Apt Grafter or Apt Striker for Gal weapon potentials. There are potentials for close range, medium range, and long range. And the optimal potential varies per weapon.

Gal WL - ...
Lemme revisit this so I feel less dumb ^^; I wasn't aware that all the new Gal weapons had three potentials now. Also, I've taken other bits of newer information into consideration.

Gal WL - all potentials are too wonky.
Gal DS - close range, but it won't apply for most enemies hit by Chaos Riser/Hurricane Sender/Deadly Archer. Deadly Circle is probably problematic too. But I think it would be fine for most other DS PAs.
Gal Rifle - long range has better synergy with Ra skills, but it's not like you can always prevent enemies from getting close to you...
Gal TMG - close range has decent synergy with ZR skills, but, yes, ZR outranges the potential, so you would need to compensate with your positioning. The crit is nice, but you have the crit ring now, right?
Gal Bow - close range for Br/Hu BaniKami MAYBE. Long range for Br/Ra MAYBE. Close range for Br/Gu for synergy with ZR skills MAYBE (although Br/Gu probably wants long range too). This is probably too wonky to consider seriously.
Gal Rod - too wonky for different techs that are optimal all over the place. Maybe close range for Ragrants/Barantsion, but Ragrants outranges the potential. I think Barantsion can too, and positioning with Barantsion can be a bit difficult to control precisely.
Gal Wand - close range, but I could see this potential not applying to some enemies hit by wand explosion. Also, close range potential probably won't work out for Zanverse support.
Gal JB - no idea but probably close range is OK.

The original Gal weapons were more relevant when they first appeared, simply because we had fewer alternatives, and those weren't as easy to farm. Wanting to skip this wonkiness and go with alternatives like Rays (or Crea Doubles for DS) is understandable.

Bellion
Sep 8, 2016, 03:02 PM
You can hit with all 4 Jetboot PAs and still not be in range of the point-blank potential. You may even hit with them at medium-range so, eh.
Medium-range WL means losing out on Heavenly Fall damage as well, along with 3 other PAs that aren't commonly used. You're still losing out with point-blank for Heavenly Fall, at least for the most part.

Please avoid Gal weapons if you care about your damage, but by all means get them for looks!

ArcaneTechs
Sep 8, 2016, 05:55 PM
If it isn't already known, Daggers of Serafi dropped for me last night, Sega was apparently too lazy or whatever to make it the NT version so just a heads up when untekking

Anyone get the wand yet? I wanna know how good it is for mob destroying in terms of healing (for the love of god, Sega please make Wand E change ring not be effected my Zondeel/Zanverse/Megiverse(?), gets kinda annoying)

Tunga
Sep 8, 2016, 06:07 PM
Sega please make Wand E change ring not be effected my Zondeel/Zanverse/Megiverse(?), gets kinda annoying)

They made that change with JB and it also transferred over to that wand ring? This is sega's logic at its best.

Batty
Sep 8, 2016, 06:24 PM
the mid-range potential is perfect on the wired lance, but nothing else; especially since the long-range potential's minimum range is shorter than the mid-range's minimum if I recall

not completely perfect, i mean, is great for PAs like other spin/cyclone and holding current, but not for other PAs like heavenly fall or air pocket swing wich are pretty powerfull too but are melee range

imo, the ones that won lottery with this wep are techers since all their atks are melee range, and they are not hindered by the lack of a PP recovery pot

Fusionxglave
Sep 9, 2016, 11:10 PM
At this point these weapons aren't looking too sharp but at least they can do their jobs and have a small indicated from the Normal ones. Plus NT grind is so much better on the mesta

Vatallus
Sep 9, 2016, 11:51 PM
The Gale DS is a bit of a hit and miss. For most of my DS PAs it works. For Chaos or Deadly it depends on whether the enemy is in pot range or not since the range of the PAs expand past ZRA potential range. Since I only use DS for mobbing I'm considering going back to my original idea of using the 13* PSU DS since that is pretty easy to get and make +35.

Would suggest changing changing the ZRA pot into a "short range" pot instead and giving it a bit more maximum range, but I doubt Sega would do that at this point since they never did for the first set of Gal weapons.

oratank
Sep 10, 2016, 12:35 AM
make 30 gal and psu ds as fodder for austere, enjoy (´・ω・`)b

Zorak000
Sep 12, 2016, 11:56 AM
really the only thing I would consider here is the opportunity cost of a Ray weapon vs. limiting your range but gaining the boosted crit rate; the only weapons that really have anything to gain with boosted crit rate are the tmg and the double saber.

with the double saber you are going to probably be banking more on stuff like illusion rave or surprise dunk; while using chaos riser to bring stuff into range for you for them; but I guess that's not the best thing since consensus is that chaos riser is some of Double Saber's best damage. I mostly liked using hurricane sender just to group up some enemies for me to dunk into them, then do something like rave or acro effect when I get there.

I used to use the old gryphon TMGs which also used a zero range potential, didn't really have an issue with them back then but maybe I just wasn't seeing numbers properly. then again I think I only had level 1 potential on them so maybe I just couldn't see any difference at any range lol.

I did just have a 36% nt gryphon wand fall into my lap yesterday, so I'll at least 56-60% it; also found a bow, but I might not even try to element that; though it could maybe not be the worst thing if I paired it up with a crit strike ranged ring.

but yeah I would say they aren't really worth going for unless you find one that you wouldn't mind using, and just want to get it's element maxed