PDA

View Full Version : Force questions, please help

Miasmata
Sep 9, 2016, 06:56 AM
Hey guys, my first post here on this forums. Nice to meet you all. This is going to be a long post, please bear with me.
Before I start with my many questions, I just wanted to say that I have been looking everywhere but I could only find answers to my questions that are absolutely outdated. My questions are mainly related towards Fo main, Te sub. I'm also debating wether or not to create a new character since "I did dumb" on the skilltree and I am not patient enough to wait for a skilltree reset pass.

Now to the main part~
Is there account shared storage? I'm on PS4 and only have 1 character at this moment so I can't really tell if there is.

Is there a way to have techs be turned back into discs?(and would I be able to put them into the account shared storage if there is one)

Rod vs Talis, which is stronger? Pure DPS wise. I heard talis gets a neat bonus from talis tech throw that overshadows Rods. I like using a talis and a rod both but it'd help to know if this is still up to date information. Also is it worth investing into fast talis throw?

I've seen someone with what I assume to be Rod Shoot, worth it? Needed? Or was that a waste of SP?

Which unit set should I aim for and how do I get said set (For Fo/Te)?

I am using a Tech Charge JG Ring and the Perfect Keeper Tech ring, are those the best for Fo/Te or should I have gotten something else? Also does PVP converts maximum HP decrease affect perfect keeper tech ring? Or is my lowered HP counted as 100%?

Assuming I have Elemental conversion 5/5, How exactly does the elemental damage on my weapon affect my techs? Not detailed maths but a basic rundown would be nice.

Must have skills on the skilltree for Fo/Te? What about keep charge on dodge and the skill that makes you not use any PP if you have kept your tech after a dodge?

Is it worth to put at least 1 point into every elemental mastery (since the first point is worth 100%-105%)?

Is shifta worth putting points into as a force main?

Is photon flare absolutely needed?

What exactly is aptitude?

I'm assuming the element icons shown under the name of the enemy are the elements they are weak to. How much of a damage bonus do you get when hitting an enemy with their elemental weakness?
Likewise, should I work on hitting every enemy with their weakness (Like I am doing now) or do I just single target Ilbarta everything?

I've been using 3 subpalletes now but I find myself having techs on the pallette that I barely, almost never use. I can take it down to two pallettes likely but what are the to go spells? But maybe I'm missing out on potential.

Fire based- I've been using Foie, Shifta, Gifoie and Ilfoie.
Ice based-I've been using Gibarta, Rabarta and Ilbarta
Lightning based- I've been using Zonde, Zondeel, Nazonde and Sazonde.
Wind based- I've been using Sazan, Nazan and Zanverse.
Light based- I've been using Resta, Ragrants and Nagrants.
Dark based- I've been using Gimegid, Ilmegid and Namegid(for fun, I like seeing high numbers)

Besides those I've also been using PP Convert and the Mag special ability (Photonblast? Was it?).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sizustar
Sep 9, 2016, 07:13 AM
Please use the dedicated force topic for these type of question
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?225884-Force-Discussion

kurokyosuke
Sep 9, 2016, 07:25 AM
1. Basic Storage is account-shared. If you use OTP, that's another free 200 slot account storage. If you play PSO2es, that's another 100.
2. Talis Tech Bonus makes Talis stronger for Tech use, but Rod is stronger for Fusion/Compound Tech use. Fast Talis Throw depends on your preference; you won't be able to start casting from the Talis when it's still close to you if you use it.
3. If you do get it, no more than Lv. 3 for the +5 PP gain. The damage itself isn't worth it.
4.What people usually still go for is a PP-crafted Saiki set. Even now, it's still relevant.
5. Tech Charge Parry is the absolute best left ring for Force (or any class that can use Techniques, even). Perfect Keeper is fine. PK ring is based off of your "current max HP", so the reduction from PP Convert won't affect it.
6. Let's say you're using Fire Techs. If your weapon is also Fire element, you'll get the full damage bonus. If it isn't, you'll get only half the bonus.
7. Charge Escape is handy when an attack is oncoming and you don't want to cancel the charge. All of the "Tech *** Advance" skills (minus Normal) are required, as well as Technique High Up, and of course Element Conversion (and Talis Tech Bonus if using Talis).
8. If you don't go pure one element, you'll be gimping yourself more than you think. A "good" Force pretty much requires multiple trees for each element.
9. Nope.
10. Photon Flare is worthless.
11. Also Dexterity; used to determine your minimum damage. If you use a ★10+ weapon, your minimum damage is going to be the highest of 90% anyway. Worthless stat to put any points into.
12. Since you're going Techter sub, using the element weakness is required due to Element Weak Hit's 20% damage bonus.
13. Pretty much you only need support type, fusion techs, and active skills on your sub pallette. Everything else goes on the weapon.

Nyansan
Sep 9, 2016, 07:32 AM
Is there account shared storage? I'm on PS4 and only have 1 character at this moment so I can't really tell if there is.
All storage in PSO2 other than the one named Character Storage is shared among all your characters in the same ship Bolded part for emphasis

Is there a way to have techs be turned back into discs?(and would I be able to put them into the account shared storage if there is one)
Sadly, no. But tech discs are generally cheap and it would be better to just buy them instead

Rod vs Talis, which is stronger? Pure DPS wise. I heard talis gets a neat bonus from talis tech throw that overshadows Rods. I like using a talis and a rod both but it'd help to know if this is still up to date information.
In terms of raw power Rods > Talis. Talis indeed does get that neat 20% bonus but the tech has to be casted while the talis is thrown or no bonus. Also, Compound techs are better with a rod. Optimally, it's best to aim for both

Also is it worth investing into fast talis throw?
Personally I find that the point is better spent elsewhere, so no.

I've seen someone with what I assume to be Rod Shoot, worth it? Needed? Or was that a waste of SP?
PP convert takes care of all your problems with PP (later on, switching out to a Queen Viera GS or Orbit Talis provides PP aswell) so yeah waste of SP

Which unit set should I aim for and how do I get said set (For Fo/Te)?
Seeing as end game rod/talis is Austere, Austere units. But that's still a long ways to go to get
For now, try and aim for Saiki by doing Daily Quest and hoping for Magatsu Keys

I am using a Tech Charge JG Ring and the Perfect Keeper Tech ring, are those the best for Fo/Te or should I have gotten something else? Also does PP converts maximum HP decrease affect perfect keeper tech ring? Or is my lowered HP counted as 100%?
I personally swap between Tech JG and Short Mirage, aswell as Perfect Keeper and Massive Hunter.
I have no idea on the PP convert ring affecting PK tech ring so you'll have to wait for someone else to answer

Assuming I have Elemental conversion 5/5, How exactly does the elemental damage on my weapon affect my techs? Not detailed maths but a basic rundown would be nice.
Simplest way of explaining is that matching elements = really big boost in tech power (i.e if you have a Fire element Rod, fire techs gain a big boost in power and all other techs gain a fraction of boost)

Must have skills on the skilltree for Fo/Te? What about keep charge on dodge and the skill that makes you not use any PP if you have kept your tech after a dodge?
Keep charge is a must have since Fo/Te is squishy and sometimes you need to dodge before you cast the tech. You can also 'precast' with this method and cast faster.
Necessary skills are Tech JA, Tech Charge Boost I and II, Element Conversion and the Tech mastery skills (Fire mastery I and II, Flame Tech Charge boost, Ice mastery I and II)

Is it worth to put at least 1 point into every elemental mastery (since the first point is worth 100%-105%)?
On Force tree it's better to have a dedicated elemental mastery tree (I.e a mastery tree with only Fire etc). On Techer, max Light and Dark and put at least 1 point on Wind

Is shifta worth putting points into as a force main?
No

Is photon flare absolutely needed?
I'd rather get Technique High Up and Tech Up 2

What exactly is aptitude?
A useless statBasically a wonky modifier of sorts that supposedly boosts damage if your aptitude is higher than the enemies. But it's not worth putting points into as leveling raises your aptitude naturally

I'm assuming the element icons shown under the name of the enemy are the elements they are weak to. How much of a damage bonus do you get when hitting an enemy with their elemental weakness?
IIRC 10-20% (Forgot the exact value)

Likewise, should I work on hitting every enemy with their weakness (Like I am doing now) or do I just single target Ilbarta everything?
Personally I just zondeel -> gifoie/ragrants trash mobs and watch everything burn. But for bosses yeah you should be matching weakness

I've been using 3 subpalletes now but I find myself having techs on the pallette that I barely, almost never use. I can take it down to two pallettes likely but what are the to go spells? But maybe I'm missing out on potential.
You can put techs on your weapon palette. My subpallette is generally Resta, Shifta, Deband, Anti, Megiverse, Zondeel, Zanverse, PP Convert, Ring skill Massive Hunter, Compound techs, Moon Atomizer. I'd take a screenie of my subpalette but currently on my gunner and am block camping for EQ.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Go and ask the folks at the Force Discussion Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?225884-Force-Discussion) for more questions and further clarifications

Phew that was a woozy

Miasmata
Sep 9, 2016, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the answers! And sorry for posting a new thread, I will be going to the other thread and post there now.
Thanks alot again, so much appreciated!

Xenosiss
Sep 9, 2016, 09:15 AM
IIRC 10-20% (Forgot the exact value)
I thought it was 30% for single-element weakness and 20% for the mobs that do have multiple weaknesses ?

Nyansan
Sep 9, 2016, 09:21 AM
That was from the best of my memory. I didn't even know the exact value but know it was around that area lol.
Anyway, OP has already left for the Force thread so just waiting for Sayara to put this to a close o3o