PDA

View Full Version : Extra Tibit: Pre-Requisite Content

Altiea
Sep 16, 2016, 11:13 PM
Hey, remember when they said that they would make a Block with an entry requirement?

From Bumped:
"Aside from the lv 75 requirement, the devs want to place a quest entrance restriction on your subclass level.
The subclass level has not been finalized at the moment…(but it may end up being level 75.)"

Opinion thread, go?

IchijinKali
Sep 16, 2016, 11:23 PM
ZZZZZzzzzz*snort* huh wha whats happening. Oh *level 75 main class and unknown what subclass will need to be, possibly 75 as well*.

Um wow SEGA you are really paranoid about this Ultimate Amuduscia. Are you having actual players try it out or is it your crappy devs testing it?

Onto the actual requirement I have had 4 characters at 75/75 with all of their skill points from quests for about a year now. Next requirement will be have all possible 89 skill points available for your class.

Altiea
Sep 16, 2016, 11:27 PM
ZZZZZzzzzz*snort* huh wha whats happening. Oh *level 75 main class and unknown what subclass will need to be, possibly 75 as well*.

Um wow SEGA you are really paranoid about this Ultimate Amuduscia. Are you having actual players try it out or is it your crappy devs testing it?

Onto the actual requirement I have had 4 characters at 75/75 with all of their skill points from quests for about a year now. Next requirement will be have all possible 89 skill points available for your class.

Remember, we're trying to filter out the players who don't actually try.

IchijinKali
Sep 16, 2016, 11:36 PM

Besides when I farmed for all the HU cubes I needed for 3 of my characters I haven't tried either. I guess it is considered trying that I was HU/BR not even bothering to fix my skill tree it was still setup for when I'm BR/HU not HU/BR. I used a Live Katana for SHAQs at 50 risk 'solo' running those daily.

Zysets
Sep 16, 2016, 11:38 PM
I'd say a subclass level requirement is a good way to know if someones tries at the bare minimum at least. I know there are people who can't be bothered to level their subclass. It's not the best thing, but again, that would be bare minimum.

Dammy
Sep 17, 2016, 12:10 AM
Great news, everyone !

TheszNuts
Sep 17, 2016, 12:21 AM
And here I was thinking there was new information.

0/10

Nyansan
Sep 17, 2016, 12:22 AM
75 sub is not that hard to get imo. Like others have said, it's a pretty lax filter for people who put effort into the game. Personally though, I still think it's TOO lax

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 12:23 AM
It still won't mean anything in the long run. This is UQ not an EQ unless they gave an actual way to fail, or an actual reason to bother going to it, people won't care in the end.

I can see this being used as a basis for future EQs but unless these requirements prove to actually help keeping trash users out nothing will change, and so far nothing is going to change.

I will continue to be skeptical til I'm proven 100% wrong. Because let us look at the requirements so far

Clear Heaven & Hell floors 1-5. 2 easy ways to cheat that:
BR/HU Combat Escape/Massive Hunter/Automate Halfline
I'LL SPEND AC ON DOLLS TIL I WIN!!!

Main must be 75 and sub must be XX, possibly 75 as well.
Well that certainly doesn't solve anything no requirements on the class combo just 75/XX. I'll go BO/BR or GU/TE XD.

Xaeris
Sep 17, 2016, 12:34 AM
You mean I won't have to see, "Dude's subclass has reached Lv 11" in TD 4 anymore? Praise be.

Keilyn
Sep 17, 2016, 12:35 AM
Interesting enough,
We already have a Block that has a restriction...
The Premium Set Block... and that block is usually empty.

The interesting thing would be if this is another Anti-Foreigner thing that will backfire.

Japanese to Sega: "Please keep us away from gaijin by giving us a block worthy of our talents"

Oh here is your 75/75 block, Enjoy!
10 min later...

Oh wait.... We can't get in... Why?
Oh no... All the Gaijin who can't play got into the block meant for us...
I guess they aren't so bad afterall...

Altiea
Sep 17, 2016, 12:37 AM
Interesting enough,
We already have a Block that has a restriction...
The Premium Set Block... and that block is usually empty.

The interesting thing would be if this is another Anti-Foreigner thing that will backfire.

Japanese to Sega: "Please keep us away from gaijin by giving us a block worthy of our talents"

Oh here is your 75/75 block, Enjoy!
10 min later...

Oh wait.... We can't get in... Why?
Oh no... All the Gaijin who can't play got into the block meant for us...
I guess they aren't so bad afterall...

I'm not quite sure where you get the idea of "another"? This game is pretty foreigner-friendly.

Dammy
Sep 17, 2016, 12:51 AM
if this is another Anti-Foreigner thing that will backfire.

oh my god , how so ?

Aine
Sep 17, 2016, 12:51 AM
Apparently Amduscia Ult will require 75/75, but in turn they are putting aside the 1-5 block for now. No source because it's just heresay from TGS.

Xaeris
Sep 17, 2016, 12:56 AM
Blah, that's a step backward then.

starwind75043
Sep 17, 2016, 01:11 AM
I think its huge step forward to be honest that they see that players want harder content. It may not be the most sure fire way but its a first step. Will it get everyone? No there be some who will usay use a 75 hu and 75 fo those people are gimping them selves in the long run if there going to be that trashy.

oratank
Sep 17, 2016, 01:55 AM
75 hu and 75 fo

they must be a big fan of echo

loafhero
Sep 17, 2016, 03:25 AM
This is nice.

Raujinn
Sep 17, 2016, 06:15 AM
Thing is, for some builds the difference between say sub 60 and sub 75 is kinda tiny? Like what are you gonna do for say SuBr after you've filled out both stances? 75 whole attack? I mean yeah, good number of subs you're gaining something meaningful right the way to 75 (lookin at you, Fighter) but in terms of power you kinda got all you're gonna get out of hunter in the late 50s if you did your SP orders. Yeah you can still fill out Automate, Massive Hunter or Iron Will or something but still.

I'm not saying it's gonna be a bad thing at all, just it\s always kinda gotten to me where some people insist sub75 is mandatory when it feels like it makes so little difference beyond a certain point for certain combinations.

Plus as said, it's a tad more complex. I'm sure you'd rather have a FiHu 75/60 than a FiRa 75/75...

Edit: I will say though, as nitpicky as I'm being about the actual cutoff point I agree that a minimum requirement is necessary.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2016, 06:31 AM
Well I'm covered, but I agree with Raujinn. Making the sub class requirement 75 would be excessive.

isCasted
Sep 17, 2016, 06:36 AM
I've recently had a Magatsu MPA with mostly 75/75 players who barely did 3-digit DPS and at least 3 RAs who couldn't land WB. You can imagine how it went.

This game is way more about skill than raw numbers, class level requirements are excessive and ineffective.

Xaeris
Sep 17, 2016, 07:20 AM
I agree. Requiring XQ4 1-5 was lax, but it was at least the right idea in asking for a feat of technique rather than asking for a feat of straight up attrition.

Tunga
Sep 17, 2016, 09:48 AM
I'll go BO/BR or GU/TE XD.

Gu/Te is actually useful

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
Gu/Te is actually useful

You are going to have to explain that one to me. I was looking for another bad combo besides BO/BR online and GU/TE came up alot.

Poyonche
Sep 17, 2016, 09:58 AM
GU/TE has one of the best Zanverse in game. But I forgot what boost it, was it High Time or Perfect Keeper ?

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 10:15 AM
GU/TE has one of the best Zanverse in game. But I forgot what boost it, was it High Time or Perfect Keeper ?

So basically you are only good for zanverse and nothing else. Pft anyone can cast zanverse thanks to the all class DS you can get from a title for fully completing 3-7 MB.

final_attack
Sep 17, 2016, 10:15 AM

Both + TmgMastery (JP wiki listed it)
I think it's best with BlitzFender (due to nature of TmgMastery) ..... though you must have a Te-main in mpa for ShiftaStrike

Poyonche
Sep 17, 2016, 10:17 AM
So basically you are only good for zanverse and nothing else. Pft anyone can cast zanverse thanks to the all class DS you can get from a title for fully completing 3-7 MB.

Yeh but it would not be as strong as a GU/TE Zanverse.

Raujinn
Sep 17, 2016, 10:21 AM
Yeah I think that's why TeSu toppled GuTe for that. I believe its Zanverse is slightly stronger plus it has the benefit of having Shifta Strike and Zanverse in one character, freeing up a slot for another raw DPS character in organised groups.

Tunga
Sep 17, 2016, 10:35 AM
You are going to have to explain that one to me. I was looking for another bad combo besides BO/BR online and GU/TE came up alot.

Well i should rephrase to "used to be useful". Before TeSu became a thing, GuTe had the best zanverse + it could chain build BrGus without losing dps. Not relevant anymore tho.

edit; and i forgot 50 pp from showtime.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 10:41 AM
Yeah I think that's why TeSu toppled GuTe for that. I believe its Zanverse is slightly stronger plus it has the benefit of having Shifta Strike and Zanverse in one character, freeing up a slot for another raw DPS character in organised groups.

Pretty sure if you are going that route you still lose to Te/Ra going full on support. Added benefit of WB and going full support on TE side. Since using WBs gives the commander effect that people will focus on that target thus condensing damage to a singular focused point.

Raujinn
Sep 17, 2016, 10:49 AM
The problem with TeRa afaik has always been that if you have RaHu or GuRa both bring weakbullet and DPS at once. So its OK to have a dedicated support and someone else go weakbullet because that weakbulleter is going to bring plenty of DPS and won't make the Ra part of TeRa mostly redundant.

Zephyrion
Sep 17, 2016, 10:53 AM
Well i should rephrase to "used to be useful". Before TeSu became a thing, GuTe had the best zanverse + it could chain build BrGus without losing dps. Not relevant anymore tho.

edit; and i forgot 50 pp from showtime.

I'll have to correct a few things here

TE/SU has a zanverse that is equal to that of TE/GU (20% from Perfect keeper vs 20%from all atack bonus) so TE/SU made TE/GU oudated

GU/TE is a completely different thing altogether. As it was said, it is boosted by TMG mastery, perfect keeper and high time, so it's still by far the stronger zanverse. GU/TE is not a support-only class like TE/GU, because it actually uses either Orbit or Blitz fender,which are good TMGs by themselves and can dish okay damage by itself with critical rings and skills (you lose personal multipliers, but since you're zanverse reaches over 50% of the damage dealt, along with 100% crit with Blitz potential, you actually get a fair bit of it back). It also indirectly gains damage from the hilarious lack of PP management this class combo has ( attack PP restorate + showtime + PP restorate + PP convert = free PA spam).

GU/TE is niche, that is a fact, but no GU/TE is not outdated, and no it isn't complete garbage either. I wouldn't play that type of combo in pugs or stuff, but it still definitely has its place in the game, and I definitely wouldn't call it a bad combo.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 11:06 AM
The problem with TeRa afaik has always been that if you have RaHu or GuRa both bring weakbullet and DPS at once. So its OK to have a dedicated support and someone else go weakbullet because that weakbulleter is going to bring plenty of DPS and won't make the Ra part of TeRa mostly redundant.

If they can actually keep up that DPS while having WB loaded and can maintain it for prolonged periods til the 90 sec cooldown is done so they can load another 4 shots.

Altiea
Sep 17, 2016, 11:54 AM
If they can actually keep up that DPS while having WB loaded and can maintain it for prolonged periods til the 90 sec cooldown is done so they can load another 4 shots.

So, PP Save Bullet + Keep Shoot Roll? I tend to load WB even if I'm not going to use it just for the PP reduction, and it lasts me long enough that it usually finishes cooling down before I've used them all.

Also, BO/TE actually has the strongest Zanverse, but it's only usable in like, two Quests, both EQs.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 12:03 PM
So, PP Save Bullet + Keep Shoot Roll? I tend to load WB even if I'm not going to use it just for the PP reduction, and it lasts me long enough that it usually finishes cooling down before I've used them all.

Weird you brought up keep roll shoot and pp reduction instead of pp Regen via grenade. Going to guess you skipped out on maxing increasing damage while special bullets are loaded and you don't have the skill that lets you switch to launcher and not lose wb, provided you are maining Ra. But if not maining Ra then you are maining Gu which means you should be using tmgs not rifles.

Altiea
Sep 17, 2016, 12:10 PM
Weird you brought up keep roll shoot and pp reduction instead of pp Regen via grenade. Going to guess you skipped out on maxing increasing damage while special bullets are loaded and you don't have the skill that lets you switch to launcher and not lose wb, provided you are maining Ra. But if not maining Ra then you are maining Gu which means you should be using tmgs not rifles.

Okay, you got me. I'm GU/RA (as in my sig), but I do bust out my Rifle on occasions when it'd be safer to use WB strats with it.

milranduil
Sep 17, 2016, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure if you are going that route you still lose to Te/Ra going full on support. Added benefit of WB and going full support on TE side. Since using WBs gives the commander effect that people will focus on that target thus condensing damage to a singular focused point.

gu/te's entire purpose is zanverse + chain building. it's not supposed to be wb'ing. in something like magatsu, you bring a te/ra AND a gu/te because of how much of a difference high time + PK makes for zanverse compared to te/ra.

TE/SU has a zanverse that is equal to that of TE/GU (20% from Perfect keeper vs 20%from all atack bonus) so TE/SU made TE/GU oudated

when will people learn that multipliers multiply

te/gu = 1 * 1.2 = 120% (20% boost)
te/su = 1 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 121% (21% boost)

the damage gu/te deals is irrelevant. its purpose is to help build chains between zanverses. a few sat aims is literally doing nothing but hindering that chain building process.

Zorak000
Sep 17, 2016, 01:01 PM
an issue I can see happening with the pro-blocks is people using them to just AFK for EQs, since they will know the people on that block will be better on some level than people not on those blocks.

Tunga
Sep 17, 2016, 02:54 PM
The requirement for XQ is fair imo. I would've preferred needing to complete all 10 stages myself, even if i have to do it on 4/5 of my characters. Anything to have some confidence when doing XH td4 or mag (if i need to do it lol).

Off-topic:
[SPOILER-BOX]
so it's still by far the stronger zanverse.
Yes and no. A TeSu's zanverse will always be constant in it's multiplier. Unlike GuTe that needs multiple conditions and a dedicated Techer to beat it.

Zanverse - (0.2)
------------------
TeSu:
Wind mastery 1&2 - (1.2, 1.2)
All atk 1&2- (1.1, 1.1)
Strike (self applied) - (1.1)
Gal wind: (1.2)
-------------------
GuTe:
Wind mastery 1&2 - (1.2, 1.2)
PK - (1.2)
High time - (1.2) <- variable and needs OMT to not suck
TMG M - (1.05) <- variable and needs ZRC
Strike (needs a techer) - (1.1) <- variable
{
Blitz fender - (1.22) <- variable, needs ZRC and crit ring
or
Red tmg (1.16)
or
Ideal tmg (1.18,)
}

GU/TE is niche, that is a fact, but no GU/TE is not outdated, and no it isn't complete garbage either. I wouldn't play that type of combo in pugs or stuff, but it still definitely has its place in the game, and I definitely wouldn't call it a bad combo.
The only eq that GuTe is good for is magatsu bcuz easy HT +OMT and 100% crits. Try getting all of that in the new spam happy PD. And for magatsu pug i have a better solution... alt+4 >> enter lol.[/SPOILER-BOX]

NightfallG
Sep 17, 2016, 03:31 PM

BR/HU not allowed lel. :V

ArcaneTechs
Sep 17, 2016, 03:54 PM
one step in the right direction with this, now i only fear crap class combos like SU/HU, FO/HU and BR/BO etc being prevalent for those too lazy to level subs.

Now if we could filter out the Gryphon Unit/EX2 Hiei Unit trash we'd be set!