PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 music ripping

Skornedemon
Sep 17, 2016, 01:18 AM
Hello, I'm looking for a way to rip music files from pso2.
I'm not looking for the music in general, so please don't just link the soundtracks,
just the program(s) to do it on my own.

If this question isn't allowed to be asked, then maybe a person who i can PM who knows how to
or has the program?

Thanks!

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 17, 2016, 02:20 AM
It's not that simple. Most stage areas are made up of hundreds if not thousands of samples due to how the Sympathy system works. It's not just a simple mp3 you can play outside the game.

Skornedemon
Sep 17, 2016, 02:23 AM
I'm aware It's in pieces for each channel. Ive seen people ripping those samples and combining them from pre-patch data in the past.

Chdata
Sep 17, 2016, 03:11 AM
i'm sure if you search around you can find the pso2 sound tracks easily like I did. google is your friend

Zanverse
Sep 17, 2016, 09:16 AM
i'm sure if you search around you can find the pso2 sound tracks easily like I did. google is your friend

As he said, he's not looking for the tracks, but rather a program to extract the music files for personal reasons.

As for OP, here's (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GQwG49iYM1sgJhyAU5AWP-gboemzfIZjBGjTGEZSET4/edit#gid=977641713) a list of the tracks in the game. By using a CPK extractor to get the HCA files, you'll get all the pieces that go into the music for whichever you choose. There's an HCA to WAV program somewhere so that you could listen to these files. The hardest part is linking them together in whatever audio program to make them flow properly, I guess.

Skornedemon
Sep 17, 2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you for the solid response!