PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the Marks and Bring in More Players to PSO2

Fusionxglave
Sep 17, 2016, 04:40 PM
So I was wondering why such low numbers and why so low everything. I get that PSO2 is like vindictus expect without the hassle and junk. but the amount of players that should be playing this game seems way too low to me.

I mean PSO2 has alot of stuff and 2 weeks more stuff.

I just don't see how that is not enticing. Well Anyway I think Most people assumed this game is dead, not available, offline, pay-to-play, bad, etc. I was wondering if I should Advertise it or let people know the stuff This game has and how much it changes every year. The selling point is collaborations and Eq dailies.

It literally is the most play game I have ever played in my life.

Is this stupid of me or could I be ban for this?
Let me know what you think
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sizustar
Sep 17, 2016, 04:50 PM
The game isn't dead, it's one of the top MMORPG in Japan and is currently celebrating 4.5 million ID event
http://pso2.jp/players/event/450man/

EvilMag
Sep 17, 2016, 04:53 PM
The game isn't dead, it's one of the top MMORPG in Japan and is currently celebrating 4.5 million ID event
http://pso2.jp/players/event/450man/
Yeah and how many are those are actually playing the game? That doesn't mean shit.

Fusionxglave
Sep 17, 2016, 04:55 PM
Wow My thread already two people. Yah

I just wanted more English people to play so then We can have a ton more people online chat and questions and stuff.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 05:00 PM
Simple really

New stuff every two weeks doesn't mean good stuff. Cosmetics are starting to become a huge collective of 'don't we already have something like this?' moreso on the female side imho.

Episode 4's story continues to just a bunch of blegh. To the point we have been making quite a few comparisons to previous scenarios from episodes 1-3.

DDoS attack killed what was decent english player base size.

Probably a few more reasons I can't think of right now.

Sizustar
Sep 17, 2016, 05:01 PM
Yeah and how many are those are actually playing the game? That doesn't mean shit.

Hmm...Off the top of my head, too lazy to go back and look through Sega/PSO2's stuff and video...

About..1 Million active player since middle of last year?

And highest record of player logging in at the same time was 130,000 players on 5/15/2016, if memery serve.

And PSO2 is one of Sega's profitable product, so it isn't failing exactly.

And regarding making it popular in the English community....
Good luck with that, Sega's inability to bring it to the US/EU or find a buyer, and their instistance on stating that it's delayed is not winning them any good will.

Totori
Sep 17, 2016, 05:32 PM
Wow My thread already two people. Yah

I just wanted more English people to play so then We can have a ton more people online chat and questions and stuff.

You should move to ship 2, there's a bigger english community there.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 05:43 PM
You should move to ship 2, there's a bigger english community there.

Just avoid B1 if you do because if you know B20's reputation then B1 is the little brother.

Zysets
Sep 17, 2016, 06:05 PM
The game's english speaking base is actually pretty decent for a game that's not supposed to have western players. There's tons of plenty of english speaking players in Ship 2, and even more spread out among other ships.

This game is far from dead, or dying, according to Sega's financial reports, it's one of their most profitable games, you just have to keep in mind that this game is meant for japanese players first and foremost, you're never going to have as many english speaking players.

The JP community is also pretty great, I have plenty of JP speaking friends who know I'm a foreigner and tolerate my horrible japanese enough to regularly meet up and play when timezone differences allow us too.

I mean definitely, bring your friends, convince people to join you and have fun, I've convinced many people I know to try the game out, and playing with friends is an absolute blast, it's the best thing about this game to me, but don't assume the game is having population problems without taking into consideration that western players play at different hours than JP players, and that there's more JP players than westerners overall.

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2016, 06:33 PM
At peak JP playing hours every single ship gets pretty packed. Not sure what you're on about here.

We as Westerners are generally playing during their work and sleeping hours. No surprise that we see empty servers most of the time.

The game's got a ridiculously large player base for an online-only action RPG. Don't mistake what you see for the way things are all the time.

Fusionxglave
Sep 17, 2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone I'll consider the move to Ship 2 but I Have a team and alot of stuff which I wouldn't want to give in just yet. Thanks for the nice comments.

Zysets
Sep 17, 2016, 07:43 PM
Yeah, if you decide that you may want to come to Ship 2, really think about it, you'll lose your team, it costs AC to transfer, and there are a few others things you lose that I can't remember of the top of my head, unfortunately. I recommend looking into this and really thinking about if it's worth it or not. In the end, whatever you think is the best decision is what counts.

Altiea
Sep 17, 2016, 08:11 PM
I recall Ship 4 being so immensely packed with players that SEGA had to block Ship transfers and character creation there for a while to accommodate for capacity issues. Even now, during important EQs Ship 4 tends to load up with more players than other Ships.

Fusionxglave
Sep 17, 2016, 10:13 PM
Okay Thanks everyone for the recommendations there just so much to do and so little time. Plus got to get the wallet out for some AC; 5th time I spent ac for stuff on this game and yet I feel pretty happy about it. Not sure why but I think I'll see what I have left to do before I go transfer. I think I should make a character for ship 2 and see how the populations is then I can make a decision.