PDA

View Full Version : 12 * Units are now a thing

Gestriden
Sep 18, 2016, 01:10 AM
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2ltYWdlcy1leHQtMS5kaXNjb3JkYX BwLm5ldC9leUoxY213aU9pSm9kSFJ3T2k4dmNIVjFMbk5vTDNK bU9IRkxMekkwTm1RNFpUaGtNMkl1Y0c1bkluMC5aVndWdGdmUE hCcVB2UUE0TlVFamZpZ2tzNHMifQ.26zrnWmup-SX0ByZT2mwkZ8rAy4

So...

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2016, 01:15 AM
They look goofy. Though, all units get hidden anyway, so w/e.

I doubt they're going to come out of the gate with anything that renders Austere obsolete, so I wonder how their stats are going to look.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 01:24 AM
Ehhh... I would have been fine with Units staying at 11* for a bit longer, It would be nice to see what they offer before I really have an opinion though. I'd like to see more variety in these in terms of set effects and the like, for the fun of uniqueness

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 01:28 AM
Didn't SEA already have this?

Lyrise
Sep 18, 2016, 01:37 AM
They look goofy. Though, all units get hidden anyway, so w/e.

I doubt they're going to come out of the gate with anything that renders Austere obsolete, so I wonder how their stats are going to look.

Depending on your playstyle, 12* units can outshine your 11* units - you are able to affix L-ring effects to your 12* units. (one per unit, destroys the ring, bonus stats don't carry over, but the ring skill level does). You would technically have up to 4 effects now.

Dammy
Sep 18, 2016, 01:39 AM
are you sure? that sounds OP

Lyrise
Sep 18, 2016, 01:43 AM
It was demonstrated in the new update trailer with the Ultimate Amuduscia content. I don't think it would be too OP since most of the damage boosting rings are R-rings, L is mostly for new skills and skill mods.

oratank
Sep 18, 2016, 01:43 AM
yes that's how 12* unit work

Shadowstarkirby
Sep 18, 2016, 01:46 AM
Finally, no more ring switching bullshit.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 01:49 AM
So 12* units are more of an extension of rings than units in the traditional sense? That's interesting, I like that, I can finally have TD Airchase and Mate Lovers at the same time!

Anduril
Sep 18, 2016, 01:49 AM
I hope they aren't too difficult to get; it would be nice to be able to have Tech Parry and Wand Element Change at the same time.

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2016, 01:51 AM
That's interesting then. It was smart to save 12*s for something fundamentally different than just an incremental increase of stats. Being able to use High Time Keep and Front S-Roll at once sounds pretty nice...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2016, 01:52 AM
Oh boy, I can use Bullet bow homing, and...!

and...

Anduril
Sep 18, 2016, 01:54 AM
Oh boy, I can use Bullet bow homing, and...!

and...

Mate Lovers? It stacks with the Quick Mate.

Lyrise
Sep 18, 2016, 01:56 AM
Maybe stepjump and air reversal? Those are pretty universal and useful options.

Shadowstarkirby
Sep 18, 2016, 02:03 AM
If the units are very hard to find, Step Jump, Mate Lovers, and Air Reversal is probably going to be what I'd use, seems to be ideal for people playing multiple classes.

Fusionxglave
Sep 18, 2016, 02:33 AM
*Claps* *claps* *Claps* *claps** Claps* *claps* *Claps* *claps* *Claps* *claps*

And here we have the news I was waiting for. almost 8 months ago during that random boost week. Lets see If i'm right I should have enough to sell and tons of mesta to earn. I told my friends and they say Nah it be good for a year Or two and this is the result.

I can not be more glee. After this set of Units get ready For the flow of 12 star units in Ultimate Admusica.

Design wise I rather have this than Saki weird points everywhere.

Mattykins
Sep 18, 2016, 03:17 AM
Surprised more folks aren't excited about the RaCast's strafing attack from the first PSO2 intro is being made into a parallel slider craft.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 18, 2016, 03:55 AM
So I can finally have TD Air Chase, Knuckle Chase and DS Kamaitachi on at all time? I NEED THIS!!!

Oh wait, come to think of it, it would depend on the bonuses. Oh please for the sake of players make them craftable.....

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 04:09 AM
Well, they found a way to make players care about UQ Amduscia. Tie it to new content that they need to get to use multiple Rings at once.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 18, 2016, 07:03 AM
So if a ring can go to each unit.......fighter is going to be freaking awesome with that unit set

Raujinn
Sep 18, 2016, 07:05 AM
Sure will be rough to get those units once you can't get 12 people at the teleporter eh.

aloola
Sep 18, 2016, 08:26 AM
oh damm very nice for FI, 3 L ring skill + L / Ring Step Jump > perfect

Raujinn
Sep 18, 2016, 08:43 AM
I guess I'd take Air Reversal, Reversal Recover, Mate Lovers and.. Step Jump for HuFi. Rip Automate forever because three of those rings solve all the problems I had with manual healing in PSO2.

e: As pointed out, I was an idiot and thought recover was an L/ring. I also thought Gear Save was a R-ring. I'm doing good, today!

So new thought is:
-Mate Lovers
-Step Jump
- Air Reversal
-Hunter Gear Save

I mean still RIP Automate for me at least! The question is going to be which of these 4 would I be willing to swap out for L/JG Sonic Arrow for Sword shenanigans... I guess Hunter Gear Save as I doubt I'd get much mileage out of JG Sonic Arrow in an MPA but I feel Gear Save is essential when doing MPA content.

TehCubey
Sep 18, 2016, 09:02 AM
I believe J-Reverse Cover is an R ring.

Switching Fighter rings wasn't a big issue for me because it was kamaitachi 95% of the time anyway, switched out only for specific bosses. But at least this way I can add in some Mate Lovers or Air Reversal to my gear, as well.

Raujinn
Sep 18, 2016, 09:21 AM
So it is, oops! Oh well that just frees up a slot as the health recovery from it was just a bonus anyway.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 18, 2016, 09:28 AM
It's long overdue but RIP Saiki

Kondibon
Sep 18, 2016, 09:56 AM
It's long overdue but RIP SaikiSaiki has had competition for a while now...

Flaoc
Sep 18, 2016, 09:59 AM
austere>saiki

Rayden
Sep 18, 2016, 10:10 AM
Will you be able to overwrite the rings affixed on your units, or will you need to get a whole new unit set every time they come out with new rings?

Yden
Sep 18, 2016, 10:58 AM
Will you be able to overwrite the rings affixed on your units, or will you need to get a whole new unit set every time they come out with new rings?

I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to. The balance is that the ring is destroyed when you affix your unit to begin with so it's based if the player thinks that a level 20 ring is worth more than grinding for a new unit piece or not.

Tunga
Sep 18, 2016, 11:06 AM
are you sure? that sounds OP

Well first you need to get multiple rings to +20. I'm personally not interested in doing more gathering that i don't do.

Batty
Sep 18, 2016, 11:08 AM
austere>saiki

the thing is that saiki has been the universal uncondicional top unit out there. Sure there are other combos that might outshine in stats, but they require you to use a spesific weapon for the best results (austere/orbit) while saiki was inconditional about what weapon to use

lets hope that there will be a new universal 12* unit set that outshines saiki

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 11:08 AM
Boy am I glad I've been mining and making rings for no reason other than to have something to do then.

Flaoc
Sep 18, 2016, 11:51 AM
what? austere units dont need the wep.. austere arm+rear and orbit leg has been a thing for awhile.. the leg is also fine without the set bonus which is just extra base defense

Fusionxglave
Sep 18, 2016, 12:28 PM
Now I have to mine and get more lambda grinders and more stones to get more Rings. This game keeps me going each day.

Zorak000
Sep 18, 2016, 12:45 PM
austere units are cool but I can't afford to buy the invade units to make them; and I have never seen an invade unit drop

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 01:03 PM
I have never seen an invade unit drop

I've gotten the leg and rear Invade units from PD, actually, I got the leg unit pretty recently. They drop, just not often.

Loveless62
Sep 18, 2016, 01:23 PM
So, now I can farm one set of these sets for every class build I play. I can't wait! Or I could just chill out...

Raujinn
Sep 18, 2016, 01:39 PM
I've done enough runs for 2.5 complete Austere 60%s (I don't use element boosters because Im poor) and still not seen a single unit. Given how many of those went on 250+100 during boost weeks "not often" is an understatement.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2016, 02:19 PM
I got one invade unit when it was new, before austere units became a thing, and sold it for like 2mil.

I really hate sega for that delay between releasing PD, and releasing austere units.

Never did see another since, and I ran it religiously with almost 400% rdr or more.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 18, 2016, 03:01 PM
Saiki has had competition for a while now...

I mean RIP to my Saiki unit because I don't play enough to waste mats for the weapon on the unit and I'm not blessed enough by RNGesus to ever get Invade or Orbital drops

Shadowstarkirby
Sep 18, 2016, 04:06 PM
I'm kinda peeved I was struggling to make Austere Units the entire summer with a shit LQ and no TD4s for Toranas, use it for 2 months, then 12* Units come along with this L-Ring attachment stuff. Like seriously, fuck. But still, these units will be a strong incentive to do Ultimate Amduscia for a long while, which means something interesting to do at least for a longer time than when Ultimate Lillipa was a thing, so this is fine by me.

Zephyrion
Sep 18, 2016, 04:15 PM
Now we just have to hope they modify drop rates : if this drops less often than slave/nemesis, the pain will be real...

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 18, 2016, 04:24 PM
Unit collection file incoming? Nah that'd actually be too convenient

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 18, 2016, 04:24 PM
All I have to say is "F***!"

For melee, I just recently switched over to Austere Units from my +150 Atk Saiki Set, which I have sported for a very long time; I did not anticipate 12* Units coming anytime soon at all.

Or may be it was a good thing that I switched over? Maybe Ult Amd will actually be challenging, and we'll have to farm drops for ages in order to trade for them? Or maybe it'll be something akin to farming Anga in password-ed MPAs all over again?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2016, 05:43 PM
I told everyone who'd listen to just use saiki instead of burning millions on orbit. It's not like you gain extra offensive power unless you main an orbit weapon as well, nor are the defenses on austere THAT amazing if you're good at not getting hit, and saiki will still have some resale value, unlike austere until they choose to give it the XQ unit treatment.

That, and we were way overdue for a unit upgrade, and austere wasn't really it.

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 06:38 PM
I got an Invade Unit once. I sold it for 10m.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 18, 2016, 06:49 PM
That, and we were way overdue for a unit upgrade, and austere wasn't really it.

Yeah this new unit thing is quite literally a game changer because of how varied the effects of skill rings and how useful they are to you depends on your playstyle, and class of course. As of right now units are pretty much stat sticks for set bonuses and affixes. Personally I'm gonna be using the 3 for the Fi rings and I'll just keep the Quick Air Step on my L/ Slot.

I hope there are actually multiple sets ala Fahrens for S-ATK, T-ATK, and R-ATK set bonuses. I wouldn't really mind a universal set either, since I'll have to get a set for my two alts either way.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 18, 2016, 07:00 PM
You know what what'd be funny (or not)... if the stats and set bonuses on the new 12* unit actually suck in comparison to Saiki/Austere (aside from the new gimmick of attaching Left Rings).

Yden
Sep 18, 2016, 07:02 PM
You know what what'd be funny (or not)... if the stats and set bonuses on the new 12* unit actually suck in comparison to Saiki/Austere (aside from the new gimmick of attaching Left Rings).

It would be interesting to see how much Sega thinks L rings are worth compared to base stats at the very least.

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2016, 07:03 PM
I don't think that'd be a bad idea, actually. Variety in itemization is pointless if it doesn't offer choices. In this case, the choice would be, do you want the utility of multiple ring effects or do you want raw stats and PP?

wefwq
Sep 18, 2016, 07:36 PM
I hope those unit worth the wait and not too hard to get, i might finally jump back into the game.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 08:05 PM
I hope there are actually multiple sets ala Fahrens for S-ATK, T-ATK, and R-ATK set bonuses. I wouldn't really mind a universal set either, since I'll have to get a set for my two alts either way.

On that note, I hope they also have sets with focus on HP, I actually just use the Double Set and Magatsuhi for the set bonus and their own boosts. I use those to lessen the risk of Limit Break, more total HP means more HP during Limit Break.

Keilyn
Sep 18, 2016, 11:27 PM
I wonder what the grind-cost and affix-cost will be. :)
All in and All...
It was about time and seeing as it is the first of 12* units, one can only know what the future holds.

Though one thing is clear..
They made Units any Stronger + Weapons beyond Austere, they will need an overhaul and a new difficult to make it all pan out.

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 12:05 AM
I wonder what the grind-cost and affix-cost will be. :)
All in and All...
It was about time and seeing as it is the first of 12* units, one can only know what the future holds.

Though one thing is clear..
They made Units any Stronger + Weapons beyond Austere, they will need an overhaul and a new difficult to make it all pan out.

They said that they intend to add a new difficulty past XH, so it might not be too far off.

Fusionxglave
Sep 19, 2016, 12:36 AM
People are jumping back into the game might actually happend and I'm just here trying to get my stuff ready for the mega blast of souls and affixing to come.

ohmy
Sep 19, 2016, 11:16 AM
Depending on your playstyle, 12* units can outshine your 11* units - you are able to affix L-ring effects to your 12* units. (one per unit, destroys the ring, bonus stats don't carry over, but the ring skill level does). You would technically have up to 4 effects now.
Oh my. Oh my.
This is epic indeed.

It was demonstrated in the new update trailer with the Ultimate Amuduscia content. I don't think it would be too OP since most of the damage boosting rings are R-rings, L is mostly for new skills and skill mods.
I hope r rings can be used as well some time later.

Well first you need to get multiple rings to +20. I'm personally not interested in doing more gathering that i don't do.
Amen.

I'm gonna get them 12* units but since I really hate gathering I don't know if I will use up my hard earned rings yet.
Probably going to wait at least until the 2nd round of 12* units for it in case those will be a lot better than the first round.

Yden
Sep 19, 2016, 02:30 PM
I'm gonna get them 12* units but since I really hate gathering I don't know if I will use up my hard earned rings yet.
Probably going to wait at least until the 2nd round of 12* units for it in case those will be a lot better than the first round.

Sega did say they're going to make rings marketable. The real question is if they'll allow the sale max level rings or not.

Tunga
Sep 19, 2016, 03:21 PM
The real question is if they'll allow the sale max level rings or not.

Do ring get owners registration when you lvl it up at +1? But the real question is... How much will a +20 ring even cost.

Zysets
Sep 19, 2016, 03:29 PM
But the real question is... How much will a +20 ring even cost.

Considering how fast you get a ring to +20 is all based on your RNG luck or willingness to pay AC, I hope they'll sell for quite a bit. I've got a few made and grinded to +20 just to kill time and level my gathering, I'd love to make money from those.

DatFox
Sep 19, 2016, 04:18 PM
Whoa now! These aren't kawaii outfits or lobby actions we're talking about here! This is stuff that will actually impact your performance. Obviously this means they shouldn't exceed like... 3 million. All the meseta's made in the true end game content: playing dress up and AFK dancing in the lobby.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 19, 2016, 05:09 PM
3 mil is a pittance when you consider how useful they are so I'm all for it. I only have a JG SA Ring at +20 for my non Fi rings, with the rest in the teens so I'd be willing to blow the money for my alts

Enforcer MKV
Sep 19, 2016, 05:26 PM
I'm hoping they're not too expensive. Dealing with gathering and grinding them is just a pain.

Kondibon
Sep 19, 2016, 05:43 PM
TIME TO MAKE SOME MONEY OFF GATHERING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0

Eternal255
Sep 19, 2016, 05:50 PM
Wow, thats more OP than I thought they would be, being able to affix a L-Ring to each piece. I wonder how difficult they will be to get? I still don't have a set of austere (mostly because I don't feel like blowing 10m on the last piece I need), I hope it's not as much a pain to get as that was.. or at least I hope its something that can be obtained by day-to-day gameplay and not dependent on EQ/Drops

Zysets
Sep 19, 2016, 06:03 PM

[spoiler-box]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0[/spoiler-box]

I'm gonna bookmark this and hopefully have the chance to play it once I can make money from gathering

Enforcer MKV
Sep 19, 2016, 06:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0

Why does this work? WHY DOES THIS WORK?!

Selphea
Sep 19, 2016, 06:26 PM
Each L ring is also 20 ATK right? So that's 60 ATK on top of whatever set bonus. It's also quite easy to trade off tge extra 60ATK for 10PP in affixes, just replace 2 Mods with 2 Spirita IVs

Zephyrion
Sep 19, 2016, 06:28 PM
Each L ring is also 20 ATK right? So that's 60 ATK on top of whatever set bonus. It's also quite easy to trade off tge extra 60ATK for 10PP in affixes, just replace 2 Mods with 2 Spirita IVs

some rings like mate lovers only have DEF choices (not that it's a bad thing if it gets transferred to units)

silo1991
Sep 19, 2016, 06:36 PM
so thats how the 12 star armors works :O , unfortunately i dont know what put for my main who is a ra/hu and fo/te and same with for my secondary who is a br/hu and bo/hu

IMO we better wait and see what 12 star sets apear

Bellion
Sep 19, 2016, 06:37 PM
The stats on the ring won't be carrying over to the units, but their abilities will.

Great Pan
Sep 19, 2016, 07:00 PM
Nah, those rings would be cheaper than fashions, because it's PHASION STAR ONLINE 2.

Shinamori
Sep 19, 2016, 07:18 PM
Best way is to put them on the shop as soon as the server comes up.

Keilyn
Sep 19, 2016, 08:33 PM
I guess the Units are becoming conditional..
Adding in the rings make it so that the unit tailors better for certain classes.

This should have existed from the very beginning as its an Action Game...
But its going to exist soon, and I like it....
LOTS that I can put in to help my class combination as I play Hybrids.

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 08:49 PM
I'm glad that we're finally moving out of the "Saiki solves everything" phase.

Atmius
Sep 19, 2016, 10:09 PM
The stats on the ring won't be carrying over to the units, but their abilities will.
For a good number of rings, that basically means a level 1 ring is all that's worthwhile to insert, given levelling them only boosts their stat bonus, rather than their innate effect.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 PM
Does leveling up the TD Air Chase and Knuckles ring even do anything? I haven't noticed any difference in them while I was leveling them up and I feel as though I wasted tons of time/mats/lamdas on them now

IchijinKali
Sep 19, 2016, 10:15 PM
I wonder if I put Recast Reverser Field on all three of my 12* units would they stack? That would be frickin awesome if they did I could make that CD almost non-existent. Like it halves the time with each ring going from normal 600 -> 300 -> 150 -> 75 -> 33

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 10:15 PM
Does leveling up the TD Air Chase and Knuckles ring even do anything? I haven't noticed any difference in them while I was leveling them up and I feel as though I wasted tons of time/mats/lamdas on them now

You get more stats. That's basically it.

Fighter has it easy for 12* Units, since two of their rings don't need Grinding.

Bellion
Sep 19, 2016, 10:16 PM
Nope, it's purely stat gains. There is absolutely no gap closing distance differences from level 1 to 20.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 19, 2016, 10:21 PM
Well that's a bummer, I could have finished a Hunter Gear Save Ring and I guess a High Time Keep Ring (for melding onto my Gu 12*) with all those mats I wasted

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 20, 2016, 04:44 AM
how much messeta will be cost grind a 12* unit?

TheFanaticViper
Sep 20, 2016, 06:14 AM
On that note, I hope they also have sets with focus on HP, I actually just use the Double Set and Magatsuhi for the set bonus and their own boosts. I use those to lessen the risk of Limit Break, more total HP means more HP during Limit Break.

I use this units too, it's very useful for LB. I pray for an equivalent 12s set, or even better i can dream :-D

ohmy
Sep 20, 2016, 07:03 AM
Sega did say they're going to make rings marketable. The real question is if they'll allow the sale max level rings or not.
Yeah but it takes a lot of effort to max a ring so maxed ones will be super expensive. I could imagine they'll be 50million or something in the player shop.

I'm hoping they're not too expensive. Dealing with gathering and grinding them is just a pain.
Same, I hate gathering. Lvling the rings takes some time and requires you to not use some class combos you'd like to use so you can equip whatever rings you want to lvl but is overall not a big deal cause you just lvl them while doing regular stuff, maybe do some more exp extensive quests. Of course this takes a while but it's pretty much painless.

On the other hand grinding is that BS fishing/gathering system and purely depends on rng.

For a good number of rings, that basically means a level 1 ring is all that's worthwhile to insert, given levelling them only boosts their stat bonus, rather than their innate effect.
But more than enough rings need lvl 20 for max effect. And some of the best rings, too.

HP is secondary, def is the most important stat. Def is a major damage reduction factor but affixing it is a pain cause any affix with a decent amount is for a single type only and you'll at least need high s and t def. HP is easy to affix and helps at all times.

If the unit stats / set bonus isn't as good as the 11* we got now I hope it's still close enough that just affixing a bit more or changing your affixes a bit will fix it.

But all together or a bigass loss of one stat or the other would hurt. For example if the units didn't have any pp or any hp on them. Atk is actually almost irrelevant cause it's ~60 for 3 units and losing 20 atk per unit is almost nothing. But losing e.g. saiki's full 150 HP or 25pp would really sting.

Either way I'm super hyped.
Just when I was about to give up on daggers cause they are so slow and inefficient without the ring and since I use ds or knuckles much more I don't have the time to equip my dagger ring every time I want to use them.

Eternal255
Sep 20, 2016, 02:48 PM

The movement distance increases overall I believe.

In any case, its not THAT hard to get a ring to +20. Just start it now and by the time you get a 12* set, I'm sure you'll have plenty at 20.

Yeah but it takes a lot of effort to max a ring so maxed ones will be super expensive. I could imagine they'll be 50million or something in the player shop.

Brb, farming rings.

Also, I disagree. In this game, HP is far more significant than def after you reach a certain amount of def.

Example - with saiki set (well, crafted for HP), I'm sitting at 1700/1600/1600 def give or take. At this point, 100hp is far superior to 100 more def.

And yeah, if they don't include at least 100hp per unit to make up for what I'd be losing from crafting, then I'll probably have a hard time switching over. 300 more hp does a lot for Limit Break as well as general defense.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 20, 2016, 02:52 PM

The distances are all the same, +1 or +20.

Eternal255
Sep 20, 2016, 02:54 PM
The distances are all the same, +1 or +20.

Has this been tested? My alt has a level 5 one and I don't feel she gets the same effect as my level 20 one.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 20, 2016, 05:09 PM

In any case, its not THAT hard to get a ring to +20. Just start it now and by the time you get a 12* set, I'm sure you'll have plenty at 20.

I already have my Fi Rings at 20, I was lamenting the waste of materials for the rings because I've been using alts more and more lately

Keilyn
Sep 20, 2016, 05:57 PM
I use this units too, it's very useful for LB. I pray for an equivalent 12s set, or even better i can dream :-D

My fix for limit Break was using Ideal Units. I remember havinga ton of Damage Resistance due to Resistances, Weapon Potentials, Deband Cut/Deband Toughness (brought by NPCs) and also having Weak Bullet. Start with the fact that Deband Cut reduces damage dealt to you from all sources down to 85%, then Jellen Shot reduces attack power of anything hit down to 85%. Combine this with a 15% Resistance vs everything on Ideal Units w/ Ideal Weapons or bring another weapon that has damage resistance as part of their potential too.... and watch yourself survive under limit break and having 300 - 400 health.

Of course I run with multiple unit sets depending on situation.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 20, 2016, 09:26 PM
What the hell would they call the new difficulty? Extra Extra Hard (2XH) They kinda wasted Super Hard IMO along with Ultimate for a quest type, and I thought the name of Extra Hard was kinda silly.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 20, 2016, 09:36 PM
Mega Hard? Ultra Hard?

Zysets
Sep 20, 2016, 09:49 PM
Profound Hardness?

Batty
Sep 20, 2016, 09:50 PM
CNH (Chuck Norris Hard)

yoshiblue
Sep 20, 2016, 10:09 PM
Segata Sanshiro hard
Champion
Galactic
Universe
ARKs mode
Semi-medium-easy-hard way
Or the sorta hard with a touch of awkward-easy-difficulty-challenging way

Zysets
Sep 20, 2016, 10:30 PM
Semi-medium-easy-hard way
Or the sorta hard with a touch of awkward-easy-difficulty-challenging way

I'm angry with myself for not thinking of this one

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 20, 2016, 10:50 PM
Extra Hard -> Ridiculous Hard -> Ludicrous Hard

oratank
Sep 20, 2016, 10:53 PM
hell and hell?

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 11:12 PM
hell and hell?

I kinda want them to give this name to Solo XQ 2, because the first one's already called Heaven and Hell.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2016, 12:02 AM
"We ran out of decent adjectives that made sense" Hard. or WROODATMS Hard. You know, for short.

*rolls eyes*

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2016, 12:08 AM
They should just rename the difficulties altogether...

Like one of my favorite video game's modes were

Maggot (Cheat Easy)
Flea (Very Easy)
Kitty (Easy)
Ragpus (Normal)
Panther (Hard)
Tiger (Very Hard)
Saber (Impossible)

Funny thing is that i never knew where Ragpus came from, until I found out it was a slang term used to denote to the cat breed "Ragdolls" which is one of the largest domestic cat breeds, bioengineered in the 60s. They usually suffer from extreme HCM and can die by the age of three. Most Ragdolls tend to live to around 10 - 12 years.. One of the cat breeds with a short life span for its size. I took care of one temporarily and found myself hitting the books to learn as much about this breed.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:11 AM
They should just rename the difficulties altogether...

Like one of my favorite video game's modes were

Maggot (Cheat Easy)
Flea (Very Easy)
Kitty (Easy)
Ragpus (Normal)
Panther (Hard)
Tiger (Very Hard)
Saber (Impossible)

Funny thing is that i never knew where Ragpus came from, until I found out it was a slang term used to denote to the cat breed "Ragdolls" which is one of the largest domestic cat breeds, bioengineered in the 60s. They usually suffer from extreme HCM and can die by the age of three. Most Ragdolls tend to live to around 10 - 12 years.. One of the cat breeds with a short life span for its size. I took care of one temporarily and found myself hitting the books to learn as much about this breed.

Kinda wondering what game that was. Also, more tangents, might wanna keep those low.

Idiosyncratic difficulty names are fun, but I don't think it'll change due to the grandfather clause.

Zyrusticae
Sep 21, 2016, 12:16 AM
They really should rename "Normal" To "Very Easy" or "Beginner" though. It's just too gimped now to even compare to PSO's original "normal" difficulty (or even PSU's, for that matter).

Beginner
Easy
Normal (because, let's face it, Very Hard is as close to "normal" in this game as we can get)
Hard
Very Hard
(Actually) Super Hard
Extremely Hard (because Extra Hard doesn't make sense anyway)
Ludicrous Difficulty / Suicide Hard / You Will Die Hard / Die Hard / This Difficulty Won't Actually Exist, But it Probably Should

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:19 AM
I'm kinda hoping a new difficulty comes with a third tier of AI. It'd be pretty neat to get enemies altered further and not just more stats.

wefwq
Sep 21, 2016, 12:19 AM
I'm kinda hoping a new difficulty comes with a third tier of AI. It'd be pretty neat to get enemies altered further and not just more stats.
Come to think of it, people still get killed with regular AI we had right now i can't even imagine if they slip entirely new moveset for higher difficulty enemies. remember the time when aculpus can rape your face alive?

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2016, 12:20 AM
Battletoads.

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2016, 12:22 AM
Phantasy Star Universe had the Difficulties by Rank

C
B
A
S
S2
S3
S4

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:23 AM
Battletoads.

Quick, someone call Rare/Microsoft and ask for rights! I have no idea how licensing works

Phantasy Star Universe had the Difficulties by Rank

C
B
A
S
S2
S3
S4

Huh, that's cool. Still, the current names are established, so changing them this far in would be rather jarring.

wefwq
Sep 21, 2016, 12:26 AM
Microsoft
Only if PSO2 PC become playable only at Windows 10.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 12:34 AM
Honestly, using Ultimate already was a bad move, they could have just called those two (well three now) areas something else and save Ultimate for another general difficulty.

Edit- I also like PSU's set up, it was simple, but yeah, too late for that now.

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2016, 12:57 AM
I feel bad for the monsters.

Before, they were getting overpowered at endgame...
Now they will truly have no choice...

I really wish SEGA to give their monsters some love in balancing the player to the monsters.
Right now I feel that we ARKS are the bullies while the monsters are the defenders. ;(

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 01:13 AM
I feel bad for the monsters.

Before, they were getting overpowered at endgame...
Now they will truly have no choice...

I really wish SEGA to give their monsters some love in balancing the player to the monsters.
Right now I feel that we ARKS are the bullies while the monsters are the defenders. ;(

I mean, if we remained passive, they would still attack us. So they're technically still hostiles in spite of the fact that the majority of them are unceremoniously mowed down in three seconds by overpowered ARKS.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 21, 2016, 07:02 AM
If they did rename all the difficulties I'd put it as:
Beginner (Current Normal)
Normal (Current Hard)
Difficult (Current Very Hard)
Hard (Super Hard)
Very Hard (Extra Hard)

That way it leaves open SH and XH further down the road where the name would actually make more sense. and an Ai tweak every 3 levels of difficulty would be nice, would make combat more interesting.

Fusionxglave
Sep 25, 2016, 12:06 AM
So you guys want the game to be like dark souls?
Because let me tell ya it can be. just equip your lvl 10 star units and run ulimate

ohmy
Sep 26, 2016, 02:44 AM
Ok so, is there any info on the stats of the units or the set bonuses yet?

reaper527
Sep 29, 2016, 03:54 PM
this reminds me of when saiki's were the new thing and i got 10 pairs of legs before i got a single rear. not looking forward to hunting new units that can't be traded and probably won't have any npc/cf/stone way of getting them.

Shinamori
Sep 29, 2016, 04:53 PM
I think they will be tradable (after some time). They noted that 12* units become binded when rings are attached.

AkuTenshiiZero
Oct 3, 2016, 07:49 AM
Honestly, using Ultimate already was a bad move, they could have just called those two (well three now) areas something else and save Ultimate for another general difficulty.

Edit- I also like PSU's set up, it was simple, but yeah, too late for that now.

I view "Ultimate" less as being the hardest difficulty, and more a harder, remixed variant of normal content. To put it another way: The thing I expect most from Ultimate, aside from difficulty, is that the rules change and enemies have new variants. And Ultimate has certainly fulfilled that requirement. The most striking part of Ultimate in PSO classic, for me at least, was stepping into Forest and suddenly fighting giant turtles where Boomas once were. Weaknesses were different, enemies behaved different, it was pretty clear that this was not the Ragol I was used to. It reignites that sense of discovery and makes things interesting again.

Honestly, I think that Ultimate could easily have it's own set of difficulties. They could easily introduce a Hard Ultimate and call the current one Normal Ultimate. Basically, think of "Ultimate" in the same way as "Advanced," it's a new category, not strictly a difficulty setting like the old days.