PDA

View Full Version : October Update: Skill Rings, PA Customs, & SU Skill

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 01:34 AM
Can sell Rings on Player Shops
/sr Chat Command changes Skill Rings
New Rings:
- L/Jet Boots Tech Arts Short Charge (JBTASC?): Reduce PA/Tech Charge time when comboing between PAs/Techs with Jet Boots
- L/Air Reversal: Recover in mid-air
- L/Step Jump: Gain a speed boost if you jump while Stepping
- L/Slow Dive Roll: Increase Dive Roll animation duration
PA Customizations:
- Straight Charge Type-0: Hold PA button to charge through enemies
- Sacrifice Bite Type-0: Absorption speed increases, buff boosts Normal Attack damage
- Strike Gust Type-0: Hold PA button to increase vertical distance
- Sharp Bomber Type-0: Enables forward attack that hits very hard when charged
- Parallel Slider Type-0: Attack while moving (basically Rifle version of Infinity Fire)
- Safoie Type-0: Approaches target before activation, high damage boost when charged
- Ramegid Type-0: Surround player with orbs that deal damage over time. Charging reduces time between damage ticks.
Summoner Skill: Share Assist (Boost effects such as Shifta and Deband carries over between Pets when switching Pets/Weapons. Main Class Only.)
Summoner Skill: Long Distance Love (Sympathy can be fulfilled without requiring the Pet to be near you.)

And for anyone that cares,

LV Up Quest added to Featured Quests
Deployed AIS counter added to Mining Base Defense
Pet HP and status display added to Weapon Palette
Chapter 5 arrives!
- Story Field: The Moon
- Mother finally appears!
- Battle Och and フル! (Forget the translation)

Lostbob117
Sep 18, 2016, 01:39 AM
I'm interested in the Step Jump one..

elryan
Sep 18, 2016, 01:49 AM
L/Air Reversal is the perfect answer for melee classes being stunlocked.

I can get behind this.

Xaelouse
Sep 18, 2016, 01:55 AM
Confirmed they don't know what they're doing with Jet Boots

Air reversal and step jump sound good though

IchijinKali
Sep 18, 2016, 01:56 AM
Hmm the L/Air Reversal would be very useful for Magatsu. But wouldn't that mean we could spam the jump button immediately after getting knocked over in the air? Hmm if so BR/HU are going to start using that and R/Killing Bonus. While others could do L/Air Reversal and R/Reversal Recover.

red1228
Sep 18, 2016, 02:01 AM
L/Step Jump: Gain a speed boost if you jump directly after Stepping
Does Sega want us to go back to step-cancelling for faster movement in quests?

Strike Gust Type-0: Hold PA button to increase vertical distance
Pretty sure we don't need this. It's bad enough trying to reliably hit a good handful of weakpoints with this PA normally. We also don't need people sending enemies even HIGHER out of reach during MPAs.

Straight Charge Type-0: Charge attack to blow through targets
I'm confused about this, since Straight Charge is already chargeable & can go through multiple targets per use...

Sacrifice Bite Type-0: Absorption speed increases, buff boosts Normal Attack damage
If it only buffs normal attacks & no longer affects PAs... Why would anyone want that? I can't imagine this plus Normal Attack Up ring / Braver's Normal Attack Up perk being any good.

Sharp Bomber Type-0: Adds forward attack that hits very hard when charged
Actually sounds interesting...

Safoie Type-0: Approaches target before activation, high damage boost when charged
Totally down for this.

final_attack
Sep 18, 2016, 02:05 AM
- Parallel Slider Type-0: Attack while moving (basically Rifle version of Infinity Fire)

Difference with OnePoint? O_O

Anduril
Sep 18, 2016, 02:07 AM
Difference with OnePoint? O_O

It's a steady PP-drain PA now, like Million Storm, except mobile.

final_attack
Sep 18, 2016, 02:10 AM
It's a steady PP-drain PA now, like Million Storm, except mobile.

Ah .... that's kinda nice then .... since it's with that mechanic, I guess StandingSnipe should apply for the entire animation(?) o-o

Thank you.

Shadowstarkirby
Sep 18, 2016, 02:22 AM
Can sell Rings on Player Shops
/sr Chat Command changes Skill Rings
New Rings:
- L/Jet Boots Tech Arts Short Charge (JBTASC?): Reduce PA/Tech Charge time when comboing between PAs/Techs with Jet Boots
- L/Air Reversal: Recover in mid-air
- L/Step Jump: Gain a speed boost if you jump directly after Stepping
- L/Slow Dive Roll: Increase Dive Roll animation duration

Having a new avenue to make meseta is nice, but still really not sure why we couldn't sell rings/rare materials in the first place.

Ring change commands are way overdue, very welcome.

Nice new useless Jet Boots ring Sega, another one. Jet Boots' techs suck and Strike Gust is the only charge PA, hello???

Called Air Reversal, it's so annoying to get juggled by shit like Zeshrayda and Falz Angel. With this hopefully that's no more.

Very interested in Step Jump, having a way to move faster than running but without needing to use PAs? Yes, please.

Not sure how to feel about Dive Roll, is there a reason you want to have a slower roll?

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:23 AM
Having a new avenue to make meseta is nice, but still really not sure why we couldn't sell rings/rare materials in the first place.

Ring change commands are way overdue, very welcome.

Nice new useless JB ring Sega, another one. Jet Boots' techs suck and Strike Gust is the only charge PA, hello???

Called Air Reversal, it's so annoying to get juggled by shit like Zeshrayda and Falz Angel. With this hopefully that's no more.

Very interested in Step Jump, having a way to move faster than running but without needing to use PAs? Yes, please.

Not sure how to feel about Dive Roll, is there a reason you want to have a slower roll?

Slow Dive Roll: Longer animation = more i-frames.

Vinto actually counts as a charged PA.

Pyrei
Sep 18, 2016, 02:24 AM
looking at the bullets in order here...

1. O_o? well I guess this makes a new market for selling full grinded rings at crazy prices
2. YESSSSS!!! so much yes here
3. weird JB ring? I guess its good?
4. why is this a ring.... and not a skill, and even worse its a left ring so its like a middle finger to fighters...
5. interesting? need to see this step jump ring
6. dive roll = S-roll now?
7. need to see straight charge 0 for myself
8. hmm I guess this is ok for sacrifice bite
9. wrong direction.... should be doing a long cartwheel running over mobs instead :x
10. maybe sharp bomber will be good now?
11. uh oh this might be bad cause I really like parallel slider as is, but I'll just have to see it I guess

Pyrei
Sep 18, 2016, 02:27 AM
I got an idea tho now, make a macro to switch rings in mid air and reversal out of it then switch back >:D

Anduril
Sep 18, 2016, 02:28 AM
I got an idea tho now, make a macro to switch rings in mid air and reversal out of it then switch back >:D
12* units will be able to affix L/ Rings, so that might not even be necessary.

Atmius
Sep 18, 2016, 02:33 AM
Straight Charge Type-0: Charge attack to blow through targets
I'm confused about this, since Straight Charge is already chargeable & can go through multiple targets per use...
It becomes an active drain type: you just keep on charging as long as you have pp.

Selphea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:35 AM

Vinto actually counts as a charged PA.

If that's based on what I said a few months back, what happened was when I tested /Fi vs /Br, the gap was smaller than expected so my first guess was Stance Charge was kicking in.

Turns out it wasn't that Stance Charge was kicking in, but that TAJA on Fi wasn't kicking in. Sega has since patched TAJA and Fury Combo to work with Vinto but still not Stance Charge. Poor BoBr.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 18, 2016, 02:37 AM
Video details about new Skill Ring and Pa Customize

https://youtu.be/yufyIvG56PY

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:47 AM
If that's based on what I said a few months back, what happened was when I tested /Fi vs /Br, the gap was smaller than expected so my first guess was Stance Charge was kicking in.

Turns out it wasn't that Stance Charge was kicking in, but that TAJA on Fi wasn't kicking in. Sega has since patched TAJA and Fury Combo to work with Vinto but still not Stance Charge. Poor BoBr.

Really? That's weird. SEGA must really hate Jet Boots.

Selphea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:51 AM
New ring still moderately hype though, Vinto -> SC Tech (practically speaking, Ragrants for most EQs) -> SC Gust -> Vinto. Depends on the charge reduction amount though, video shows it's not 100% unlike TMGASC sadly.

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:55 AM
New ring still moderately hype though, Vinto -> SC Tech (practically speaking, Ragrants for most EQs) -> SC Gust -> Vinto. Depends on the charge reduction amount though, video shows it's not 100% unlike TMGASC sadly.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw it. It helps the off-element problem by making your recasts go faster. If you use on-ele Boots, then it just increases your DPS even more due to the charge reduction on Strike Gust enabling even faster Gear building. I'm actually curious as to how fast you can pop off Strike with Rapid Boost + JBTCSC.

Pyrei
Sep 18, 2016, 03:01 AM
12* units will be able to affix L/ Rings, so that might not even be necessary.

wait where was that at? I didn't see anything about that

edit: ok nvm I see it, it was in the 2nd vid hopefully I can add all 3 fi rings to my units then

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 03:07 AM
Oh yeah, since we're getting new SU skills, that likely means another All Skill Tree Reset Pass handout. Prepare your Skill Sims!

final_attack
Sep 18, 2016, 03:09 AM
I thought there's also a Tree rebalance planned too, along with Ult Amdus?

Selphea
Sep 18, 2016, 03:16 AM
Skill rebalances usually come as a wall of text from G-heaven afaik

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 05:15 AM
I've always wanted a Sword PA that turns the Sword into Over End mode! Crafted Sacrifice Bite looks like it'll give the Sword the same equivalent damage to the first two swings of Over End with normal attacks as well as granting Over End's range of attack.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 18, 2016, 05:37 AM
so will be free skill reset pass finally?

Sizustar
Sep 18, 2016, 05:40 AM
so will be free skill reset pass finally?

It comes with PA/Tech change, not new crafting

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 18, 2016, 05:52 AM
Summoner Skill: Share Assist (Boost effects such as Shifta and Deband carries over between Pets when switching Pets/Weapons. Main Class Only.)
Summoner Skill: Long Distance Love (Sympathy can be fulfilled without requiring the Pet to be near you.)

It comes with PA/Tech change, not new crafting

Rakurai
Sep 18, 2016, 06:02 AM
I've always wanted a tech like custom Ra Megid, even if the damage is lame.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2016, 11:38 AM
Safoie, and Ramegid craft has me interested.

Safoie especially can make melee Te combinations a bit more interesting by effectively giving them a gap closing PA.

Though, no flame s charge, or damage boost would make melee Tes sad.

NoobSpectre
Sep 18, 2016, 11:42 AM
Someone please explain about the AIS counter in TD.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2016, 11:48 AM
Someone please explain about the AIS counter in TD.

I'd assume the UI will tell you how many, AIS, and where they are on the map to give people a better idea of when to get in the suit without hoping for MPA communication with random players.

Fusionxglave
Sep 18, 2016, 12:30 PM
Dang you guys are get the news fast and simplified it. I appreciate your post.

Sandmind
Sep 19, 2016, 07:43 AM
Safoie, and Ramegid craft has me interested.

Safoie especially can make melee Te combinations a bit more interesting by effectively giving them a gap closing PA.

Though, no flame s charge, or damage boost would make melee Tes sad.

From the way it's worded on Bumped, Safoie Type-0 deal more damage if charged. Which might imply the gap closing part stay the same charged or uncharged.

Ramegid Type-0 remind me of PSP2 Infinity's Safoie. I only played the vanilla EN version, so I wouldn't be able to directly compare that version of Safoie and the upcoming craft. Still, I find it funny both tech are customized at the same time. Back on topic, I hope it last a while, maybe Nagrants duration at worst. Re-watching that part of the video, damage is so-so, unless it's because it was a 3* weapon? No flinch on the mob, so it's just a passive damaging tool. And Sega trolled with Zandion on the subpallette, already fully charged before using Ramegid.

Pyrei
Sep 19, 2016, 08:15 PM
wonder will ramegid 0 help fill compound gauge on te?

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 08:25 PM
wonder will ramegid 0 help fill compound gauge on te?

Don't see why it wouldn't.

Xaelouse
Sep 20, 2016, 07:40 AM
Rings that weren't shown in trailer

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/09/160919a.html

L / J reversal JA combo
L / Non-weak Bonus
R / Healing Guard
R / J reversal PP gain
R / Wide Support

ohmy
Sep 20, 2016, 07:44 AM
Confirmed they don't know what they're doing with Jet Boots

Air reversal and step jump sound good though
But removing charge for taja is always good! Regardless of how few applications it has!
Good on gu but even gu doesn't have much use for it. Only 2 pas really making use of it and with the current state of gu you aren#t gonna use them all that much anyway.

L/Step Jump: Gain a speed boost if you jump directly after Stepping
Does Sega want us to go back to step-cancelling for faster movement in quests?
My thoughts exactly. Ep 2 dashing back in action!

Cause feature creep. Can't have a long running online game if everything is avaialble from the start. You renew interest and keep people playing but introducing new fancy things with flaws, then fix the flaws after a few months so everyone gets hyped and you recycle the same content and you don't have to make an effort to add new content.

Is that confirmed? Cause knowing Sega maybe the iframes are the same and it's pointless.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 20, 2016, 08:05 AM
Rings that weren't shown in trailer

L / J reversal JA combo
L / Non-weak Bonus
R / Healing Guard
R / J reversal PP gain
R / Wide Support

Healing Guard on non-HU and Wide Support on non-TE? Really SEGA? :wacko:
J Reversal JA and Non-weak Bonus seem nice.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2016, 08:16 AM
Healing Guard on non-HU Considering healing guard is like a million times better on fighter and Su anyway I'm ok with this. Though I guess Hu is the only good sub for Fi anyway. :/

wefwq
Sep 20, 2016, 08:51 AM
Time for free skill reset pass :-P

arnd
Sep 20, 2016, 08:55 AM
From the way it's worded on Bumped, Safoie Type-0 deal more damage if charged. Which might imply the gap closing part stay the same charged or uncharged.

Ramegid Type-0 remind me of PSP2 Infinity's Safoie. I only played the vanilla EN version, so I wouldn't be able to directly compare that version of Safoie and the upcoming craft. Still, I find it funny both tech are customized at the same time. Back on topic, I hope it last a while, maybe Nagrants duration at worst. Re-watching that part of the video, damage is so-so, unless it's because it was a 3* weapon? No flinch on the mob, so it's just a passive damaging tool. And Sega trolled with Zandion on the subpallette, already fully charged before using Ramegid.

I'm pretty sure the "Surround self with fireballs" technique was Foverse, not Safoie. Still really nice to see the concept return, though.

landman
Sep 20, 2016, 09:48 AM
I'm now glad I stopped playing regularly when fishing/mining was introduced, now I don't even HAVE to deal with it in order to get rings, I can just spend moneys lol

nguuuquaaa
Sep 20, 2016, 11:28 AM
I just realized if we can switch My Set using command, does that mean we can also switch skill tree mid-quest?

Sandmind
Sep 20, 2016, 11:33 AM
Well, I did said I never played PSPo2 Infinity, only vanilla a few year ago. Foverse could be it also.

Ring market wise, I'm expecting people to 1st throw in absurd high price, see if it sale or wait a few day and analyse how that market goes. Personally, I can expect a lot of lv1 ring and some lv20 being made in the time frame until ULT Amduscia hit.

R Wide Support Ring is too little too late, since beside TE main, only SU might had wanted it for buffing pet. Then again, since that update also bring chat shortcut for ring swapping, I could start using Ctrl + Function key again. :wacko:

Bellion
Sep 20, 2016, 11:44 AM
Spreading this like wildfire.

Huge frickin' buff to Launcher for Rangers from an upcoming Left Ring.

【05】
[ リングスキル ] ・・・ ノンウィークボーナス - Non-weak bonus
[ スキルリング ] ・・・ L/ノンウィークボーナス - L/Non-weak bonus
[ 装備スロット ] ・・・ Lリング (左手) - Left ring
[ 装備可クラス ] ・・・ ???
[ 対応カテゴリ ] ・・・ ランチャー (大砲) - Launcher
[ スキル効果 ] ・・・
→ 射撃武器の『大砲』を装備時のみ効果発動。
→ スキル『ウィークヒットアドバンス』を、弱点部位のほか『非弱点部位』にも適用。
→ こちらは『非弱点部位 → 弱点部位』として変化させる効果ではありません。
(非弱点部位が、弱点部位と同等のダメージ倍率に変化するワケではない)
→ スキル『Aランチャーモード』とは異なり、通常攻撃以外にも適用される。

To sum it up, this will only apply to Launchers. The Weak Hit Advance damage bonus will apply on parts that aren't considered weakpoints. You won't get a headshot damage bonus on a part that isn't a head, so you'll still have an incentive to aim at weak-points if there are any. Unlike A Launcher Mode's skill, this impacts PAs as well and not just normal attacks.

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 12:13 PM
Spreading this like wildfire.

Huge frickin' buff to Launcher for Rangers from an upcoming Left Ring.

【05】
[ リングスキル ] ・・・ ノンウィークボーナス - Non-weak bonus
[ スキルリング ] ・・・ L/ノンウィークボーナス - L/Non-weak bonus
[ 装備スロット ] ・・・ Lリング (左手) - Left ring
[ 装備可クラス ] ・・・ ???
[ 対応カテゴリ ] ・・・ ランチャー (大砲) - Launcher
[ スキル効果 ] ・・・
→ 射撃武器の『大砲』を装備時のみ効果発動。
→ スキル『ウィークヒットアドバンス』を、弱点部位のほか『非弱点部位』にも適用。
→ こちらは『非弱点部位 → 弱点部位』として変化させる効果ではありません。
(非弱点部位が、弱点部位と同等のダメージ倍率に変化するワケではない)
→ スキル『Aランチャーモード』とは異なり、通常攻撃以外にも適用される。

To sum it up, this will only apply to Launchers. The Weak Hit Advance damage bonus will apply on parts that aren't considered weakpoints. You won't get a headshot damage bonus on a part that isn't a head, so you'll still have an incentive to aim at weak-points if there are any. Unlike A Launcher Mode's skill, this impacts PAs as well and not just normal attacks.

Isn't that like, INCREDIBLY broken? Do they really want to push Launcher that bad?

MightyHarken
Sep 20, 2016, 12:18 PM
[Corresponding category] ... launcher (artillery)
Skill Effect] ...
→ equipment only when the effect trigger the "cannon" of shooting weapons.
→ apply the skills "Week hit Advance", also in addition to the weakness site "non weakness site".
→ This is not an effect to change as a "non-weakness site → weakness site".
(Non weakness sites, do not mean to change the weakness site and equivalent damage magnification)
This is a directly translated from google for thar ring. It sounds incredibly good.

Sandmind
Sep 20, 2016, 12:18 PM
No wonder a damage bonus sounding name is a Left ring then, if it apply to only 1 weapon type for RA's WHA.

Edit: Now I'm curious if Sega will ever start adding ring to previous Free Field that would favor some of the odd class combo and allow new skill interaction that could push them to viable in the eye of the general community. My wishlist include elemental mastery applying to normal/PA for Jetboot when matching element, SU's switch skill now also converting damage type and apply appropriate damage bonus, like shooting working with WHA or ZRA. Not that SUGU is a bad class anyways. :wacko: Or Even adding Pet's atk to Takt for PB and dealing damage with techs.

Ziel
Sep 23, 2016, 08:18 AM
Parallel Slider type-0: That moment you realize how silly non-CAST (master race) Rangers will look floating around shooting at a steady pace whitout leg boosters... then again "Photons™"

HIT0SHI
Sep 23, 2016, 10:33 AM
I'm now glad I stopped playing regularly when fishing/mining was introduced, now I don't even HAVE to deal with it in order to get rings, I can just spend moneys lol

Same here \o/

vaerix
Sep 23, 2016, 11:22 AM
Though because they're 10*, do you think we'll need passes? 'Cause I'm definitely hoping not.

MightyHarken
Sep 23, 2016, 03:39 PM
Though because they're 10*, do you think we'll need passes? 'Cause I'm definitely hoping not.

Your hope is futile, I'm 100% sure they will require passes. We need a new reason to buy premium

Fusionxglave
Sep 24, 2016, 02:14 AM
Your hope is futile, I'm 100% sure they will require passes. We need a new reason to buy premium

Dang it I'm here getting excited to buy some and forgot about the passes.

ohmy
Sep 26, 2016, 02:43 AM
And again. Swing and miss. Sega, oh Sega.
And here I got hyped for being able to play ra without leet fps skills that have no right to be required in an online rpg.

So this ring is now complete and utter trash and beyond pointless. If you haven't played ra already with tps aim this will do nothing for you cause ra is all about rifles and even if you like launcher you don't get around rifles, so this ring does absolutely nothing for me.

If you play ra with tps this ring also does absolutely nothing for you cause it's not a boost if you got the skills anyway.
WTF is the point anyway? This does not even buff launcher that much cause if you played ra with tps anyway this won't make launcher any stronger.

So, as always SEGA missed the point entirely and added a bs update that is good for maybe 0.2% of the playerbase instead of not being dumb and making an update that applies to a reasonable amount of players.

PS: I'm as angry with myself for getting my hopes up yet again as I am with SEGA for being this dumb.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2016, 12:14 PM
And here I got hyped for being able to play ra without leet fps skills that have no right to be required in an online rpg.

So this ring is now complete and utter trash and beyond pointless. If you haven't played ra already with tps aim this will do nothing for you cause ra is all about rifles and even if you like launcher you don't get around rifles, so this ring does absolutely nothing for me.

If you play ra with tps this ring also does absolutely nothing for you cause it's not a boost if you got the skills anyway.
WTF is the point anyway? This does not even buff launcher that much cause if you played ra with tps anyway this won't make launcher any stronger.

So, as always SEGA missed the point entirely and added a bs update that is good for maybe 0.2% of the playerbase instead of not being dumb and making an update that applies to a reasonable amount of players.

PS: I'm as angry with myself for getting my hopes up yet again as I am with SEGA for being this dumb.Launcher was never a precision weapon, you'd have to be insane to think it is.

MightyHarken
Sep 26, 2016, 12:40 PM

PS: I'm as angry with myself for getting my hopes up yet again as I am with SEGA for being this dumb.

Most enemies you can hit on their weak points no problem but there are some that don't show weak point or its hitbox is incredibly small. Take the facility for example, or TD Eq's. Sure, you can always point to a goldhradas mouth, but the impact will most likely not hit any other goldrhada, or in the facility they just don't have weak points untill they're literally destroyed, anyway, point proven.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2016, 12:56 PM
Sure, you can always point to a goldhradas mouth, but the impact will most likely not hit any other goldrhada, or in the facility they just don't have weak points untill they're literally destroyed, anyway, point proven.These right here are the main reasons I want the ring. It sucks trying to mob with launcher and only being able to hit one or two mobs in the weak point, if they even have any.

Altiea
Sep 27, 2016, 06:59 AM
I just realized: Sharp Bomber Type-0 is literally the forward-moving shot that the Female Deuman uses in the EP2 opening, but with an explosion.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 27, 2016, 03:47 PM

Is this kid retarded?

vaerix
Sep 27, 2016, 04:11 PM
I for one welcome our saga of sphere eraser.

Kondibon
Sep 27, 2016, 04:15 PM
I for one welcome our saga of sphere eraser.As much as I like that PA, this ring won't really fix it's problem of draining PP way too fast.

THRINE4
Sep 27, 2016, 04:55 PM

"So, in a rare occasion SEGA is finally not being dumb and added an update that is good for a reasonable amount of players instead of missing the point entirely and added a bs update that applies to maybe 0.2% of dumb retarded "RA is all about rifles" players."

There you go, fixed it for you.

Is this kid retarded?

"Well, fellas, we have just encountered a paramecium species who uses End Attract to mob through a whole bunch of enemies for all situations. Be careful though, these paramecium can give you brain cancer."

Great Pan
Sep 27, 2016, 07:12 PM
B-but End Attract is goddamn good! The ring should apply to rifles too!

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 27, 2016, 07:14 PM
B-but End Attract is goddamn good! The ring should apply to rifles too!

B-but.....we don't need more "classic pso1 rangers" spamming nothing but the rifle all day long. So I'm glad its launcher only.

Kondibon
Sep 27, 2016, 08:27 PM
B-but.....we don't need more "classic pso1 rangers" spamming nothing but the rifle all day long. So I'm glad its launcher only.Pretty sure Pan is just trolling as usual.

Altiea
Sep 27, 2016, 08:37 PM
I for one welcome our saga of sphere eraser. cosmos breaker

FTFY.

vaerix
Sep 27, 2016, 10:49 PM
shit, you right

Altiea
Sep 28, 2016, 02:19 AM
Oh, and an extra note:

Strike Gust Type-0: Not a charging attack. Instead, holding the PA button simply extends the attack's duration.

Rayden
Sep 28, 2016, 09:08 AM
Strike Gust and Straight Charge will also drain PP over time, more like Nabarta than Twister Fall / Bullet Squall.

Kondibon
Sep 28, 2016, 02:01 PM
Strike Gust and Straight Charge will also drain PP over time, more like Nabarta than Twister Fall / Bullet Squall.And they'll both probably be better than Sphere Eraser simply because they don't drain it as fast. :wacko:

Dammy
Sep 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
Sphere Eraser is pretty decent after buffs actually ,should be even better with that new launcher ring

Kondibon
Sep 28, 2016, 02:16 PM
Sphere Eraser is pretty decent after buffs actually ,should be even better with that new launcher ringI feel like launcher has so many other options that are more PP efficient and do more DPS that it's kind of redundant. If it did more damage per hit or didn't drain pp so fast (even after they reduced the pp cost it's still way too much), then I'd probably use it for something other than the cool factor. Maybe the ring will make it good for mobbing or something.

MightyHarken
Oct 1, 2016, 11:02 AM
I feel like launcher has so many other options that are more PP efficient and do more DPS that it's kind of redundant. If it did more damage per hit or didn't drain pp so fast (even after they reduced the pp cost it's still way too much), then I'd probably use it for something other than the cool factor. Maybe the ring will make it good for mobbing or something.

I'd say that pa's main problem is how SLOOOOOOWLY you turn around vs how fast it drains PP. If turning around was lot faster, you could hit more enemies thus making each tick a lot more efficient.

Keilyn
Oct 1, 2016, 11:08 AM
I never found that PA to be reliable at all unless one has the position advantage. I rather just go in with a Gunslash and clear out most mobs....I don't know why, but for some reason I love Gunslashing bosses after WBing them... :(

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2016, 04:15 PM
I'd say that pa's main problem is how SLOOOOOOWLY you turn around vs how fast it drains PP. If turning around was lot faster, you could hit more enemies thus making each tick a lot more efficient.Yeah, that's a problem too. The important point is that the PA's needs a buff.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 1, 2016, 04:24 PM
I'll say if you can time trap activation for PP recovery then Sphere Eraser is actually a decent burst. But I guess most people including me cannot do that regularly, so yeah, it needs a buff somewhat.
[spoiler-box]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uStwWu0BQMg[/spoiler-box]

MightyHarken
Oct 2, 2016, 12:36 AM
I'll say if you can time trap activation for PP recovery then Sphere Eraser is actually a decent burst. But I guess most people including me cannot do that regularly, so yeah, it needs a buff somewhat.
[spoiler-box]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uStwWu0BQMg[/spoiler-box]

1. Bal rodos is a static damage sponge.
2.your tactic is uneffective in eq mobbing as things will be dead before you set up a trap and use that slow PA.
3. Bal rodos dies much faster with a charged EA.
4. Cluster or Divine launcher will always work better at mobbing.

Zephyrion
Oct 2, 2016, 04:25 AM
1. Bal rodos is a static damage sponge.
2.your tactic is uneffective in eq mobbing as things will be dead before you set up a trap and use that slow PA.
3. Bal rodos dies much faster with a charged EA.
4. Cluster or Divine launcher will always work better at mobbing.

1 Lol yeah, but I think the point of the video was just to demonstrate the ¨¨ consumption of the PA post buff
2..Situational yeah. Uneffective...definitely not. This is is actually incredibly useful in every TD because of fixed spawn points made of lines, allowing you to take a whole pack of Goldrahda by yourself, and save some PP for the few ones that sometimes survive that.
3 Yeah...but, read 1
4 Most of the time, sure but in some situations...read 2

MightyHarken
Oct 2, 2016, 07:39 PM
1 Lol yeah, but I think the point of the video was just to demonstrate the ¨¨ consumption of the PA post buff
2..Situational yeah. Uneffective...definitely not. This is is actually incredibly useful in every TD because of fixed spawn points made of lines, allowing you to take a whole pack of Goldrahda by yourself, and save some PP for the few ones that sometimes survive that.
3 Yeah...but, read 1
4 Most of the time, sure but in some situations...read 2

Setting a trap to get various enemies in a TD, sure, sometimes it may be useful. But using sphere eraser on 10 goldhradaswhile they're all running everywhere must be terribly uneffective. Unless you're talking about SH mode.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 3, 2016, 02:35 AM
The point of the video is just to demonstrate the burst potential of Sphere Eraser with enough PP. Tho like I said in the post, it's still lacking and in dire need of a buff.

Great Pan
Oct 3, 2016, 04:06 AM
Launcher? What's that? I End Attract everything I saw!

Zephyrion
Oct 3, 2016, 05:03 AM
Setting a trap to get various enemies in a TD, sure, sometimes it may be useful. But using sphere eraser on 10 goldhradaswhile they're all running everywhere must be terribly uneffective. Unless you're talking about SH mode.

Firing it at random is counter-productive, that's kinda obvious. However, it works great if your camping the spawn point from the side and aim right : basically, align yourself with the Goldrahdas, jump and start eraser as they spawn, fire at their heads, their head protection gets broken after 2 ticks, then hold the button during the stun animation until they're dead
If you position yourself perfectly you should get the vast majority, if not all of them in one go.
It's also the best PA after gravity grenade when they are killing a tower : Cluster bullet tends to prioritize their back, and divine launcher tends to not hit them all correctly : Sphere is the one that'll maximize your headshot count.

But I also agree that aside from these specific uses, eraser is kinda useless xD

MightyHarken
Oct 3, 2016, 12:26 PM
Firing it at random is counter-productive, that's kinda obvious. However, it works great if your camping the spawn point from the side and aim right : basically, align yourself with the Goldrahdas, jump and start eraser as they spawn, fire at their heads, their head protection gets broken after 2 ticks, then hold the button during the stun animation until they're dead
If you position yourself perfectly you should get the vast majority, if not all of them in one go.
It's also the best PA after gravity grenade when they are killing a tower : Cluster bullet tends to prioritize their back, and divine launcher tends to not hit them all correctly : Sphere is the one that'll maximize your headshot count.

But I also agree that aside from these specific uses, eraser is kinda useless xD

Huh, never thought of using it that way, good strategy.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 04:47 AM
Holy shit, Crafted Sacrifice Bite is stupidly strong! Exactly as I expected and more from what is basically Over End mode!

morkie
Oct 5, 2016, 05:16 AM
also parallel slider type-0 and strike gust is continuos firing until pp lost, the good thing is parallel can hover even you are not cast and good thing when apply wb looks OP to me...

red1228
Oct 5, 2016, 05:20 AM
Disappointed that crafted Strike Gust-0 continues to raise you vertically, even when performed in the air...

final_attack
Oct 5, 2016, 05:41 AM
R/WideSupport .....
+1 = PP consumption 120%
+2 = PP consumption 119%
+3 = PP consumption 118%

No other stat bonus. No Atk, no Def, no Dex or anything aside from PP consumption.

Probably 100% PP consumption (normal cast) at +20 ....

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 05:54 AM
No other stat bonus. No Atk, no Def, no Dex
R rings never have stat bonuses.

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 06:52 AM
Has the L / Non Weak Bonus ring been discovered to be a colossal disappointment yet?

Zephyrion
Oct 5, 2016, 06:54 AM
Just new crafts stuff

Sharp Bomber type 0 is a bit hard to use, but the charged damage is completely ridiculous : I get 150k on normal headshot with subpar equip. AoE is fairly decent, not divine Launcher levels but still quite wide.
Ramegid type 0 is not great in terms of damage, but is actually a very nice tech parry spell, since it does continuous damage while you melee stuff. Still kinda forgettable.
now to try the rest^^

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 06:57 AM
Has the L / Non Weak Bonus ring been discovered to be a colossal disappointment yet?

On the contrary, it is more like get it asap.

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 06:59 AM
Oh please be good. I heard it scales with grind,how high does it go? Full bonus?

Please tell me full bonus,I've been so hyped for this but I didn't get my hopes up too much bc didnt want it to take a huge dump on my soul because it turned out to be awful ;_; (*Cough* Vegas CF rates *Cough*)

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 07:01 AM
Just new crafts stuff

Sharp Bomber type 0 is a bit hard to use, but the charged damage is completely ridiculous : I get 150k on normal headshot with subpar equip. AoE is fairly decent, not divine Launcher levels but still quite wide.
Ramegid type 0 is not great in terms of damage, but is actually a very nice tech parry spell, since it does continuous damage while you melee stuff. Still kinda forgettable.
now to try the rest^^
For sharp bomber 0, did you roll as BrRa or BrHu...? I'm guessing BrRa...

Zephyrion
Oct 5, 2016, 07:11 AM
For sharp bomber 0, did you roll as BrRa or BrHu...? I'm guessing BrRa...

Yeah, BR/HU doesn't need sharp bomber for any scenario I could think of. It was tested with BR/RA. I guess they applied the exact same multipliers as divine launcher's, but bow gets a huge increase from rapid shoot damage bonuses and bow high base R-ATK, so damage is kicked through the roof

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 07:15 AM
actually sharp bomber is better than kami on brhu and safer.. can fit 2 in a banish

ohmy
Oct 5, 2016, 07:21 AM
How?
It's slow and prone to miss (due to being slow) and the damage is just alright.

final_attack
Oct 5, 2016, 07:23 AM
R rings never have stat bonuses.

I ....... just realized I'm dumb orz

ohmy
Oct 5, 2016, 07:25 AM
Is this kid retarded?
Are you?
It's on an online rpg, maybe you didn't get the memo but it's a FUCKING RPG. It's not a shooter. Adding a mechanic that makes a weapon crap unless you play the game like a shooter is piss poor game design.

morkie
Oct 5, 2016, 07:40 AM
so the requirements of non-weak bonus is naberius rock 3x and frozen ground amber...

then where can i get these frozen ground amber?

Nyansan
Oct 5, 2016, 07:41 AM
so the requirements of non-weak bonus is naberius rock 3x and frozen ground amber...

then where can i get these frozen ground amber?

Tundra has become a new mining spot

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 07:42 AM
You can get those from mining in the Tundra free field.

morkie
Oct 5, 2016, 07:45 AM
ok thanks

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 07:49 AM
Tested out the slow roll,I have 3pts into roll. I was able to avoid attacks VERY late into the roll.

Its more of a ranger roll mirage escape,incredibly good for defence and with the mobility that P-Slider Type-0 provides,it makes being a ranger even more incredibly versatile.

If currently stuck between choosing slow roll and launcher ring,dont forget you can shortcut word those rings for equipping now.
Def reccomend the roll for those who hate the standard one though,its like you phase through everything :D

nguuuquaaa
Oct 5, 2016, 08:41 AM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIi-c03MOtU

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 09:24 AM
Sacrifice Bite Type-0's normal attacks nearly renders Sword PA obsolete because it does WAY more damage and has great range.

Poyonche
Oct 5, 2016, 09:28 AM
I took my Orbital Sword out of storage just for this, and I am absolutely not disappointed, Sacrifice Bite Type-0 is great.

Haven't tested Strike Gust Type-0 yet but if it does increase height even when casted in air then I'll be disappointed.

Tunga
Oct 5, 2016, 09:29 AM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIi-c03MOtU

Is Hunter the only class able to take out rodos with normal attacks in one hook now? lol

Rayden
Oct 5, 2016, 09:29 AM
Techer can do it too.

cheapgunner
Oct 5, 2016, 09:32 AM
So sacrifical bite type 0 that good? Welp, sword smacking is now a thing (If lv 65 Rodos getting derped is any indication).

Tunga
Oct 5, 2016, 09:56 AM
Haven't tested Strike Gust Type-0 yet but if it does increase height even when casted in air then I'll be disappointed.

It was shown in the trailer that it does continue to elevate you.

Melodys
Oct 5, 2016, 11:12 AM
Does anyone else have any opinion on the other new Type-0 PAs?

From my opinion, Safoie Type-0 is a little underwhelming. It's kind of like an II zonde except slower, less distance but more aoe, hits and power. Doesn't seem all that great against bosses which is what fire ele fos still need (disregarding Fomelgion).

Is there any point to using One Point now with Parallel Slider Type-0 doing the same thing except more mobility, able to fire as long as you want and getting standing snipe throughout the whole thing?

Managed to kill SH rodos with Straight Charge Type-0 too and it seems good for ta so far but that's only during the brief time I got to test it.

I still find I do more damage with Kamikaze Arrow as br/hu than Sharp Bomber Type-0, making it better for br/ras or br/gus instead.

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2016, 11:24 AM
Is there any point to using One Point now with Parallel Slider Type-0 doing the same thing except more mobility, able to fire as long as you want and getting standing snipe throughout the whole thing?
One Point still has better damage/PP. Parallel Slider Type-0 can benefit more from Killing Bonus, though, so there's that.

Zephyrion
Oct 5, 2016, 11:38 AM
One Point still has better damage/PP. Parallel Slider Type-0 can benefit more from Killing Bonus, though, so there's that.

Also parallel slider has a wind-up time + relatively high orginal PP cost, which makes it unfit to just clean remaining trash mobs or simply do a quick burst of damage on a boss before transitioning to another PA

Massaki
Oct 5, 2016, 12:00 PM
As someone who has been using Sword most of my time since forever, I've always loved Sacrifice Bite.

Sacrifice Bite Type-0 is something I've always wanted. And, goodness, do I love how ridiculous it is.

MightyHarken
Oct 5, 2016, 03:00 PM
So far using the non weak point bonus L ring. I have it in lv 1 and My damage went from 34k to 48k with crafted divine launcher. The ring is amazing, perhaps at lv 20 it will cover both WHA's. The tests were done vs naberius enemies in the SH forest area, btw.

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 07:12 PM
From my opinion, Safoie Type-0 is a little underwhelming. It's kind of like an II zonde except slower, less distance but more aoe, hits and power. Doesn't seem all that great against bosses which is what fire ele fos still need (disregarding Fomelgion).
The main advantage Safoie type-0 has over ilzonde is that it actually stops you when you reach an enemy. I tried using it as a melee techer and it was great as an approach.

Ramegid-0 seems dumb at first, but it lasts so long that I think throwing it up just for extra damage as a Te or JB Bo would be useful.

Is there any point to using One Point now with Parallel Slider Type-0 doing the same thing except more mobility, able to fire as long as you want and getting standing snipe throughout the whole thing?Like the others said One Point is more pp efficient (I thought it was the other way around, but I was mistaken). That said, if I'm fighting anything that takes more than 1.5 onepoints to kill I'd rather just use Parallel slider.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Parallel Slider also has the advantage of immediately making you go at max run speed. It's great for kiting things and avoiding stuff while still doing damage. It blows One Point out of the water on that end, especially since you can move in the air with it.

Managed to kill SH rodos with Straight Charge Type-0 too and it seems good for ta so far but that's only during the brief time I got to test it.Straight charge seems best on big trash mobs like gorongos and for plowing through weak stuff. As far as I can tell, the hit stop is so extreme that you can kinda use it to get stuck on a mob and drill into them, which is fun, but probably not as useful for single targets as more efficient PA.

I still find I do more damage with Kamikaze Arrow as br/hu than Sharp Bomber Type-0, making it better for br/ras or br/gus instead.Sharp Bomber type-0 feels like it's for mobbing. If you aim it right it's basically a higher damage, smaller AoE Divine Launcher with i-frames (does it still have the i-frames?).

Ether
Oct 5, 2016, 07:24 PM
Has anyone tried L/Air Reversal yet? Curious if it stacks with the Braver and Bouncer skills to regain HP/PP on rebounding

escarlata
Oct 6, 2016, 01:45 AM
Has anyone tested how much PP it takes to hold Straight Charge and Parallel Slider? Also, do they have an initial PP cost before the charging PP cost?

Kondibon
Oct 6, 2016, 02:48 AM
Has anyone tested how much PP it takes to hold Straight Charge and Parallel Slider? Also, do they have an initial PP cost before the charging PP cost?Parallel Slider is really cheap, like million storm. Straight charge seems to use more but it's not crippling or anything. It's not a good movement PA though.

They both have initial pp costs. Has there even been a pp draining PA that didn't?

escarlata
Oct 6, 2016, 03:06 AM
Parallel Slider is really cheap, like million storm. Straight charge seems to use more but it's not crippling or anything. It's not a good movement PA though.

They both have initial pp costs. Has there even been a pp draining PA that didn't?

Basically both are worth crafting am I right? And is Straight Charge cheap enough for PP bonus ring to cover the cost?

Was always under the impression that Million Storm didn't have initial cost. Guess that's how little I used Bows.

Kondibon
Oct 6, 2016, 03:17 AM
Basically both are worth crafting am I right? And is Straight Charge cheap enough for PP bonus ring to cover the cost?

Was always under the impression that Million Storm didn't have initial cost. Guess that's how little I used Bows.I don't have that ring maxed so I dunno.

Nyansan
Oct 6, 2016, 04:21 AM

Was always under the impression that Million Storm didn't have initial cost. Guess that's how little I used Bows.

Teammate tested it with killing bonus ring maxed and apparently it does help a lot

Rayden
Oct 6, 2016, 01:45 PM
Has anyone done any actual DPS comparisons yet between the old PAs and techs and the new ones?

Zorak000
Oct 6, 2016, 04:22 PM
I might get the Jet Boot Short Charge ring sometime after I get a good unit to graft my Tech Charge Parry ring onto

vaerix
Oct 6, 2016, 05:07 PM
https://youtu.be/59RBXERhpH0

Straight charge shenanigans

Xaeris
Oct 6, 2016, 05:31 PM
Ha ha, Jesus.

Moffen
Oct 6, 2016, 06:07 PM

can you fly around with that?

Altiea
Oct 6, 2016, 06:12 PM
FI meta is now Car Meta?

I'll probably just call SC0 the "Car PA".

AnikaSteinberg
Oct 6, 2016, 07:35 PM

Hmm, never really cared for the damage, but I for one, is overwhelmingly amazed at Safoie Type-0 because of one thing:

It chases in three dimensions.

Like what I've already pointed out in the Techer thread, continuously using uncharged Safoie type-0 allows the user to fly almost indefinitely, 'dog fighting' any aerial targets to oblivion so long as the user has enough PP to do so. (thus single-handedly solving Techer's most debilitating issue with wands).

and as already explained in another reply, it kinda works like Guilty Break, it won't overshoot you from the target unlike Ilzonde.

cheapgunner
Oct 6, 2016, 08:23 PM

Welp, that's the next pa I'm crafting. That looks so good. XD

By the way, which units are you using to get 255 pp? I have saiki on all my chars ext. and crafted but only force has like 205~ pp atm..

vaerix
Oct 6, 2016, 09:01 PM
clarification: it's not mine; it's probably timed crafts as well

EDIT: valgante camo is hilarious
Killing bonus is pretty damn useful for this

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 7, 2016, 02:38 AM
From PSO2 website:

"スキルリング「L/Lノンウィークボーナス」において、リングスキル「Lノンウィークボーナス」の効果が打 撃と法撃の攻撃に対しても適用されてしまう不具合を確認しており、修正に向けて対応を行ってお ります。"

Apparently, the left ring "Non-Weak Bonus" is bugged; it applies to striking and technics also (that is, they trigger Weak Hit Advance), and just not ranged attacks. Sega's working on addressing the issue.

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2016, 04:14 AM
Sega's working on addressing the issue.http://i.imgur.com/hh5Wt72.jpg

cheapgunner
Oct 7, 2016, 07:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hh5Wt72.jpg

I know the feeling. Why couldn't they throw non-Ranger classes a bone with it...

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2016, 08:11 AM
I know the feeling. Why couldn't they throw non-Ranger classes a bone with it...Well it still requires a launcher. But the idea of using a t-atk launcher as a ra/fo and actually getting something other than WB would be interesting.