PDA

View Full Version : FI/HU help after all updates?

helel8012
Sep 18, 2016, 04:15 PM
Hello,

I know this is a very common topic, but I am here to ask of a build that dishes out massive damage, yet does not require Crazy beat. Most builds I find utilize crazy beat (well actually requires it) to deal massive damage. But, I am looking for max damage not using that one skill at all. More so, a damage dealing yet safe from one shots character. I main twin daggers and I am a fi/hu 62/58. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Haven't played pso2 for a while and would love to get back into it. Messed up my last skill tree point designation bad last time I logged in. Killing enemies are now very difficult... :(

gabor100
Sep 18, 2016, 04:36 PM
I am looking for max damage not using Crazy Beat at all. More so, a damage dealing yet safe from one shots character. I main twin daggers and I am a fi/hu 62/58. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

What's your problem with Crazy Beat? You don't want to use Limit Break? (Limit Break counts as status abnormality, so it activates Crazy Heart/Beat)

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 18, 2016, 05:26 PM
What gabor100 was trying to say is that Limit Break counts as a status abnormality so skills such as Crazy Beat and Crazy Heart applies; therefore maxing out Crazy Beat means you get an additional +200 S-Atk on top of Limit Break. And it goes without saying that if you're interested in dishing out maximum damage, you need to be running Limit Break.

To maximize Fighters strength, you need to get all of Fi's weapons; trust me on this.

But what you really need to get your hands on is a Double Saber. Double Saber is superior when it comes to mobbing and you can even boss with it. It is absolutely essential that you get the Kaimatachi Left Ring. The PAs to primarily use are Tornado Dance, Surprise Dunk, Chaos Riser (main mobbing PA), Illusion Rave (long animation but cancel-able and heavy damage), Crafted Deadly Circle (good damage, tons of invincibility, and highly abuse-able), and Acro Effect (quick and dirty damage with invincibility frames).

For Knuckles, I just mainly use Orbit Knuckles to quickly regen pp and to burst damage with Backhand Smash.

Here is the build:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIo0jdodBIbl2fbxINfqnIdJ4rKI20000006doInI2bndAbofJ krsHsfdnqB00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioI n00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

88 Skill Points into Fighter Tree. For the last point, you decide whether you want "Double Saber Wind Parrying" or would rather opt for just putting it into "Rare Mastery Fighter for" +30 S-Atk; Double Saber Wind Parrying isn't that essential because of Kaimatachi Ring.

85 Skill Points into Hunter Tree. For the remaining four points, decide whether you want to get Step Advance, Healing Guard (synergizes really well with Crafted Deadly Circle), War Cry, (one Skill Point), or maybe a point into Partisan Gear or Wired Lances (but not really recommended).

nguuuquaaa
Sep 19, 2016, 02:20 AM
Hello,

I know this is a very common topic, but I am here to ask of a build that dishes out massive damage, yet does not require Crazy beat. Most builds I find utilize crazy beat (well actually requires it) to deal massive damage. But, I am looking for max damage not using that one skill at all. More so, a damage dealing yet safe from one shots character. I main twin daggers and I am a fi/hu 62/58. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Haven't played pso2 for a while and would love to get back into it. Messed up my last skill tree point designation bad last time I logged in. Killing enemies are now very difficult... :(

There are no build for preventing being oneshot since all Fighter build must relies on Limit Break for damage and PP, but builds for reducing the chance of being oneshot. And what's the hate on Crazy Beat? Don't you want even more damage when on Limit Break?

TehCubey
Sep 19, 2016, 06:55 AM
I assume OP means a build that doesn't use Limit Break and just made a mistake.

And the answer for your question is: make the same build as if you were going to use LB. Freeing up LB and Crazy Heart/Beat gives you ~15 more SPs but frankly, where are you going to put them? Chase Advance? Wise Stance? All of those are highly situational and won't really help you on fights when top damage really matters.

My suggestion is, make a build that utilizes LB but use LB only when you feel comfortable with it. It's necessary for top DPS but it's still like a 20% damage boost only. As you play more you'll get more comfortable with using LB, either on bosses whose attack patterns you know and can parry, or when you see openings.

Something like this (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11dAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIol2ixINGAdnIdJkrKI20000006dodAI2bndAbof JkrsHsfdnqB00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000io In00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j). It has a double safety net in the form of Iron Will and Automate Halfline, and once again - maybe that's too excessive but where else to put those SPs? S-Atk Up? Nowadays that barely makes a difference.

BTW we have a fighter thread.

gabor100
Sep 19, 2016, 08:21 AM
Freeing up LB and Crazy Heart/Beat gives you ~15 more SPs but frankly, where are you going to put them? Chase Advance? Wise Stance? LB it's still like a 20% damage boost only.

It has a double safety net in the form of Iron Will and Automate Halfline, and once again - maybe that's too excessive but where else to put those SPs? S-Atk Up? Nowadays that barely makes a difference.

Rant once again:

He would gain 100 S-Atk or 150 without points in LB. That's like if you would have 25-38 more S-Atk on your weapon/units.

He would get 60 S-Atk from Atk up on Hunter(without IW) that's like if you would have 15 more S-Atk on your weapon/units.

I don't know, but if 160-210 S-Atk from Atk makes barely any difference then why do we trash people who run with dex/def mag? Or why do Teams have requirments that you need this or that much Atk on your gear?

Kondibon
Sep 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
I'm not super knowledgeable about fighter, but if you like TDs I highly recommend getting the td air chase ring. It makes a huge difference.

TehCubey
Sep 19, 2016, 10:06 AM
I don't know, but if 160-210 S-Atk from Atk makes barely any difference then why do we trash people who run with dex/def mag?

First of, I don't know about "we" but there is a difference between saying someone made a poor choice (or wants to make a poor choice and should avoid it) and outright trashing them.

To the point: with mags you have options - increasing your attack stat by a relatively small amount vs increasing a useless stat that will barely do anything for you. The former is obviously better.

With skill trees, you have options - increasing your attack stat by a relatively small amount (s-atk increase) vs increasing your survivability a lot. The former was preferable when the alternative was useless. But here, it isn't. People who go "survivability is pointless, you dodge/block everything anyway" are either liars or delusional. Doubly so when we are talking about a relatively new player who doesn't feel confident using LB yet.

In fact, with an added layer of survivability LB becomes a much better option, you can use it more often with less risk of dying.

Or why do Teams have requirments that you need this or that much Atk on your gear?

Because they are run by people with a mistaken belief that gear == skill? I saw plenty enough examples that go both ways: players with 5+ affix units performing very poorly and players with 60 atk units doing really well.

On a more general level though, affixing is a matter of cost vs gain. The cost of affixing 60 atk units is super low, and the alternative is not having affixed units at all. So people without at least basic affixes are considered lazy, and rightfully so. But as we go up the prices escalate. Increase of 100 atk for a million meseta is worth it, right? Not even a question. But what about 50m? The higher you go up, the greater the prices to improve your gear, and because your total stats get higher too, the same increase in terms of raw numbers matters less and less compared to the stat total. It's all diminishing returns.

Loveless62
Sep 19, 2016, 10:36 AM
Make sure to take advantage of Ethan's and Karin's COs to get the 13* TD and DS that they offer before they leave on October 19. The COs are pretty easy, and you are high enough level to complete all of them. You will want at least four copies of each weapon (although you can use up to six copies), and you can pick up a new copy of each weapon every three days. They are both very solid weapons that you can continue to use even at level 75/75.

Bellion
Sep 19, 2016, 10:55 AM
I doubt the teams that have affix requirements do it because they think it shows how skillful they are. They do it because it shows if one is willing to put in some effort into this game's combat or not. Players that bother to affix generally care more about their performance as opposed to players that don't.

Anddddddd way off topic.

Tunga
Sep 19, 2016, 01:49 PM
There are no build for preventing being oneshot since all Fighter build must relies on Limit break

Look at my signature.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 19, 2016, 02:27 PM
Look at my signature.

Well, it falls on "reducing chance of being oneshot". Unless go full def and Guard Stance, I believe heavy hits like Hunar's ground slam, PD's grab slam or solo XQ Persona's Over End can still kill Limit Breakers.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 20, 2016, 12:32 AM
Look at my signature.
firesword did this in the ps4 beta, i mean it was funny reading about it but man it hurts to know he still tries to make Tank FI a major thing but props to him for trying i guess

helel8012
Sep 26, 2016, 11:39 AM
I am already equipped with Saika Hyouri+10 75% Light. I will have to jump on this 13 star weapon CO asap! Just need to make a Limit break build. I wasn't looking for a tank build. Just more so a build that doesn't get one shot. Many bosses do whip out some crazy combos from time to time. I would hate to be a burden on the battle field because of this. Would my damage output be sufficient however until I switch into Limit break mode?

TehCubey
Sep 26, 2016, 09:35 PM
Yes. LB is a significant increase of damage dealt but you can deal damage even if it's not active.

FireswordRus
Oct 26, 2016, 05:28 AM
firesword did this in the ps4 beta, i mean it was funny reading about it but man it hurts to know he still tries to make Tank FI a major thing but props to him for trying i guess
I am tanking only via HP affixes and HP drink. All my tree based on Fury stance. ppl got mistake about my build cuz 1st what they see it is 2800 HP w/o LB :)