PDA

View Full Version : Why is There No Modding Community for PSO2?

Tafyog
Sep 19, 2016, 12:21 AM
I don't understand why pso2 doesn't have any kind of modding community as it could obviously benefit from it. Every time I want to check my boost times I think to myself "wow pso2 could really use some ui mods and I could see when my boost timers". I think pso2 could benefit from shaders too but that is not really a concern of mine. Do you guys agree? Is there any ui mods out there?

Sizustar
Sep 19, 2016, 12:23 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?232819-PSO2-Mod-Thread

TheszNuts
Sep 19, 2016, 12:24 AM
...bait?

Tafyog
Sep 19, 2016, 12:25 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?232819-PSO2-Mod-Thread

I saw that but there's no ui mods or anything that I am particularly interested in.

IchijinKali
Sep 19, 2016, 12:30 AM
I'm not touching this.

Madevil
Sep 19, 2016, 12:33 AM
I saw that but there's no ui mods or anything that I am particularly interested in.

so someone used a wrong keyword and crying for not getting the right result?

Fusionxglave
Sep 19, 2016, 12:33 AM
In honesty it because if you try to mod too much of the game you will get banned so most of us just mod simple stuff like colors or designs. If we mod the entire game we will get caught.

This game is an online game, and doesn't have offline capacities. So messing with the game is like trying to cheat and Cheating in this game will get you banned.

Not only that but Modding this game is Hard too. Not everyone knows how to mod and for the few mods we do have We need to be thankful from the makers. they do this in their spare time.

Tafyog
Sep 19, 2016, 12:50 AM
In honesty it because if you try to mod too much of the game you will get banned so most of us just mod simple stuff like colors or designs. If we mod the entire game we will get caught.

This game is an online game, and doesn't have offline capacities. So messing with the game is like trying to cheat and Cheating in this game will get you banned.

Not only that but Modding this game is Hard too. Not everyone knows how to mod and for the few mods we do have We need to be thankful from the makers. they do this in their spare time.

But there are very few modders out there and I am very thankful for those who do mod it. But simple things like ui mods shouldn't get you banned. I mean look at games like world of warcraft where ANY serious player uses ui mods. I don't quite know why everyone seems to be treating me like a dick tho. I am just wondering why it seems nobody is all that interested in modding the game to benefit but not cheat.

And another thing, why the HELL is the damage parser not allowed? It's harmless. I would like to see things like it being used in pso2 but for some fuck all reason you aren't allowed to use it.

Tafyog
Sep 19, 2016, 12:51 AM
so someone used a wrong keyword and crying for not getting the right result?

the fuck? Why are you getting hostile?

Fusionxglave
Sep 19, 2016, 01:12 AM
But there are very few modders out there and I am very thankful for those who do mod it. But simple things like ui mods shouldn't get you banned. I mean look at games like world of warcraft where ANY serious player uses ui mods. I don't quite know why everyone seems to be treating me like a dick tho. I am just wondering why it seems nobody is all that interested in modding the game to benefit but not cheat.

And another thing, why the HELL is the damage parser not allowed? It's harmless. I would like to see things like it being used in pso2 but for some fuck all reason you aren't allowed to use it.

Sega already doesn't like English players so us doing anything with any of their games will get us in trouble. In our perspective it should be harmless but from their point of view they do not care. If it is modding than they do not like it. No matter how small.

IchijinKali
Sep 19, 2016, 01:26 AM

Wasn't going to touch this thread at all but when I see stupidity this bad I just have to call it out. You know it is not allowed but not the why? Well here is a little story it is called "The Failure of Elitists".

The day the damage parser was released was quite the good day for those of us who love an easier way to monitor changes in damage when we change gear/skills/strategy. Then another group similar to ours but with a different agenda arrived, The Elitists.

They had the same idea as us but were also overly concerned with other players' gear/skills as well as their own. They took to twitter, facebook, youtube, and whatever else social media sites we could find to complain and raise a storm about how much this player or that player sucked because they didn't use this attack or this gear.

So much so that the PSO2 community was starting to complain about this Elitist group. SEGA heard the cries of its players and took action so during the next maintenance they released a statement stating if you are caught using the program you will be banned no exceptions.

If you didn't understand the story here is a short and simple Elitists were poisoning SEGA's income and shut it down.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 19, 2016, 01:33 AM
In most cases, they'd turn a blind eye on modding as long as it doesn't heavily affect gameplay. The english patch itself was part of the modding and Sega just turned a blind eye on it, for now.

Traumin
Sep 19, 2016, 01:45 AM
Hi, one of those modders here :y

UI is really iffy. The English community has limited tools, mostly due to only a few of us understanding japanese. The tools the JP side have are mostly model editing as well. No one really messes with PSO2's UI because they don't feel the need. When in doubt, follow my advice:

Learn how to make it.

Edit: I would like to point out, checking character info shows your boost timers

thehondachef
Sep 19, 2016, 01:52 AM
>"Why is There No Modding Community for PSO2?"

Long story short: Because you haven't created one yet.

sol_trigger
Sep 19, 2016, 03:20 AM

O nice bait, plox make this another 999 pages of salt and tear thread, i support yu