PDA

View Full Version : Additional New Rings (AKA Making Launcher OP)

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/09/160919a.html

L/Non Weak Bonus: When wielding a Launcher, gain the effects of Weak Hit Advance regardless of where you strike.
L/J Reversal JA Combo: Gain a JA Ring when performing a Just Reversal.
R/J Reversal PP Gain: Identical to Bouncer Skill "J Reversal PP Gain"
R/Healing Guard: Identical to Hunter Skill "Healing Guard"
R/Wide Support: Identical to Techer Skill "Wide Support"

Icefrenzy
Sep 20, 2016, 12:30 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/09/160919a.html

L/Non Weak Bonus: When wielding a Launcher, gain the effects of Weak Hit Advance regardless of where you strike.

Aw yis

Yden
Sep 20, 2016, 12:36 PM
As a man who can't live without his launcher I'm all for it.

Zyrusticae
Sep 20, 2016, 12:46 PM
Holy shit that is a HUGE buff to launchers. I SAID GODDAMN.

I need this. I will abuse the fuck out of this ring. Sphere erasers for EVERYBODY!

MightyHarken
Sep 20, 2016, 12:51 PM
That ring definitely deserved its own thread lol. I'ts going to be amazing. It's starting to make cluster bullet sound a bit crappy now, since its main use was hitting heads from above. Eager to work with different pa's after this ring gets introduced.

Dammy
Sep 20, 2016, 01:36 PM
R/Wide Support: Identical to Bouncer Skill "Wide Support"

its techer skill

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 01:49 PM
its techer skill

Don't know how I messed that up.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2016, 02:16 PM
WE IN DER!
http://i.imgur.com/jw6exk5.jpg

MightyHarken
Sep 20, 2016, 02:19 PM
Bumped just updated, the skill ring is coming today after maint. Rejoice launcher lovers!

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2016, 02:26 PM
Bumped just updated, the skill ring is coming today after maint. Rejoice launcher lovers!I'm pretty sure that's only referring to the new TA. The ring stuff is just for the extra information.

Bellion
Sep 20, 2016, 02:27 PM
Uhh, I'm sure that it's coming in early October. We only got the information about the rings today.

Guess this is good enough to deserve its own thread? :L

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 20, 2016, 02:27 PM
Lol what, I can't believe this is a thing. I guess I'll actually play Ranger more now

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 02:33 PM
I'm wondering if Air Reversal and J Reversal JA Combo are compatible with each other.

RadiantLegend
Sep 20, 2016, 02:36 PM
I'm like Aww Yiss, then again would it be like the full effect with max ring or partial. Either way, I'm going to be farmer Aim for a while.

gabor100
Sep 20, 2016, 02:38 PM
R/Healing Guard: Identical to Hunter Skill "Healing Guard"

Hu's healing guard only heals 5%, How much will the ring heal? 2%? Was it even worth the dev time to make it?

Tunga
Sep 20, 2016, 02:51 PM
So lawnchairs will get a 35% buff with that ring on non-weak points. Sega definitely shut the RA master race complaints about rings with that.

Bellion
Sep 20, 2016, 02:59 PM
More like an 82% damage buff assuming no strings are attached when the ring is level 20.
There are 2 WHA skills.

Kondibon
Sep 20, 2016, 03:12 PM
I imagine the ring is going to be like break stance SD and be a percent of the effect rather than the full effect. Still a big deal though.

wefwq
Sep 20, 2016, 03:28 PM
WE MEGA CANNON NOW

AnikaSteinberg
Sep 20, 2016, 03:46 PM
I've always dubbed launchers as "bombardment support" weapons.

Guess I'll have to remove the word "support" from it starting this October.

Xaeris
Sep 20, 2016, 03:48 PM
MFW:

https://youtu.be/8HNhe9AEL3o

Tunga
Sep 20, 2016, 03:49 PM
More like an 82% damage buff assuming no strings are attached when the ring is level 20.
There are 2 WHA skills.

Doesn't say if WHA2 will count to it or if you get the full effect from them. Nothing to do but to wait and see.

isCasted
Sep 20, 2016, 03:51 PM
SEGA 2010: let's make a headshot mechanic!
SEGA 2016: let's work around our headshot mechanic!

Seriously, though, headshots should be a reward for aiming correctly, not for ending up in a lucky situation or using a PA that guarantees headshot automatically. Headshots in games with non-trivial types of attacks are simply involve too much luck, this is why they are so rare in competitive Arena FPS. Unreal Tournament, for example, allows headshots exclusively with a Sniper Rifle, not even with Enforcer and definitely not with Rocket Launcher.

nguuuquaaa
Sep 20, 2016, 04:02 PM

Seriously, though, headshots should be a reward for aiming correctly, not for ending up in a lucky situation or using a PA that guarantees headshot automatically. Headshots in games with non-trivial types of attacks are simply involve too much luck, this is why they are so rare in competitive Arena FPS. Unreal Tournament, for example, allows headshots exclusively with a Sniper Rifle, not even with Enforcer and definitely not with Rocket Launcher.

I would agree with this if not for some jackasses at Vopar and Lillipa having stupidly small headshot hitbox that not even rifle can regularly hit.
Also many phantoms and toy darkers don't even have head.

Bellion
Sep 20, 2016, 04:10 PM
Headshots will still be a thing, but there was absolutely no way of working around WHA conditions on certain enemies. WHA against enemies without weakpoints at all were worse than that of bullet resistance in PSU. Bullet resistance in PSU only halved your damage, but WHA activating on headshots practically triples(3.64 modifier now as opposed to unbuffed WHA at the beginning of this game which made it around triple against a standard x2 headshot) your damage. Totally glad they're doing something about WHA for the weapon that has the biggest problems with it.

Fusionxglave
Sep 20, 2016, 04:13 PM
WE IN DER!
http://i.imgur.com/jw6exk5.jpg

Okay that his was funny and because I like pso2 and have read this about this painting I laugh for at least 8 minutes.

now for the launcher side. Yes I have a launcher and Now I will be playing Ranger more often. I just can't believe this is happening. I mean I really can't believe this Is happening Should I switch stance, Should I go Braver, Should I find a new use for Rifle. So many questions.

anyway we shall see how this ring does till Sega wants to nerf it later.

MightyHarken
Sep 20, 2016, 05:08 PM
This definitely works better with ranger / hunter. Sad that it's not today when we get this rings.

Nyansan
Sep 20, 2016, 05:12 PM
Lol k time for Ra masterrace now. Time to sphere eraser/cosmo breaker everything. Thanks for giving me more motivation to cap Hu sub on my dedicated range character SEGA

Yden
Sep 20, 2016, 05:50 PM

There's also the fact there are enemies that don't even have heads or any real weakpoints.

Tunga
Sep 20, 2016, 06:20 PM
I've been getting bored with GuRa for awhile now. If the ring and the new UQ amdu lawnchair is good enough i'll go back to RaHu.

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 06:30 PM
So is the RA/HU Unit Skill Holy Trinity going to be Non-Weak Bonus, Slow Dive Roll, and Mate Lovers?

MightyHarken
Sep 20, 2016, 06:45 PM
So is the RA/HU Unit Skill Holy Trinity going to be Non-Weak Bonus, Slow Dive Roll, and Mate Lovers?

I'm not sure mate lovers works so much, because of automate. I would scrap that for something else. Hell, even the launcher mode sounds more appealing than mate lovers, I have a feeling it might get fixed some time in the future. If not, just reversal PP gain sounds like a very interesting option.

Zyrusticae
Sep 20, 2016, 06:53 PM
I'd go with Non-Weak Bonus, Air Reversal, and Just Reversal JA Combo.

In fact, all of my characters are going to have the Just Reversal-related rings at some point. Kind of a no-brainer.

Right ring isn't going to change from crit, though. I like my crit too much to ever give it up.

Altiea
Sep 20, 2016, 06:58 PM
You can also hold a fourth Ring on your person, so technically you can have four Ring Skills at once. Non-Weak Bonus, Air Reversal, J Reversal JA Combo, and Slow Dive Roll?

Fusionxglave
Sep 20, 2016, 08:44 PM
you guys are about to make me mine the freaken planets if this thing happends. We get to buy rings later but the cost would be like 8mil full grind per ring or higher. And i just can't afford that.

And yes the one's with no grind will be like 200k at least.

freyt
Sep 20, 2016, 09:04 PM
Hu's healing guard only heals 5%, How much will the ring heal? 2%? Was it even worth the dev time to make it?

It'll probably be the full 5%.

Healing Guard isn't really all that great on its own. When paired with the rest of Hunter's just guard skills, it's just something nice to look forward to. If you have this ring then it implies you're not either Hunter main or Hunter sub, so the only guard skills you might possibly have are Braver katana counter skills, to which Healing Guard might be useful, or possibly Tech C Parry, which could be nice too.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 20, 2016, 10:20 PM
"Non-Weak Bonus L-Ring" for Launcher?

Uh... yeah... like whatever...

I'm just like TOTALLY HYPED!

I'm definitely gonna pool my resources into Ra stuff once 12* Units and their ring gimmick are implemented.

Gonna put a ton of pp affixes, make a gundam, and "laazaa beamu" shits.

Dammy
Sep 21, 2016, 12:07 AM
are guys sure that launcher ring gonna work on pas ? what if its normal attacks only :D

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:09 AM
are guys sure that launcher ring gonna work on pas ? what if its normal attacks only :D

G-HEAVEN site confirms that it's both PAs and normal attacks.

Ziel
Sep 21, 2016, 07:41 AM
"Non-Weak Bonus L-Ring" for Launcher?

Uh... yeah... like whatever...

I'm just like TOTALLY HYPED!

I'm definitely gonna pool my resources into Ra stuff once 12* Units and their ring gimmick are implemented.

Gonna put a ton of pp affixes, make a gundam, and "laazaa beamu" shits.

I already did that m8, you can join the squad tho.

As a launcher main i approve of this, it wont disregard the headshot mechanic but will streamline the damage on ant headed targets where one frame is the difference between a 10k hit and a 32-40k one, also crafted divine launcher will be op af.

Time to gather then...

Hrith
Sep 21, 2016, 10:03 AM
I'd rather have had that for gunblades >_<

MightyHarken
Sep 21, 2016, 10:31 AM

Nope.

MightyHarken
Sep 21, 2016, 10:37 AM
Anyone knows what stones the slow dive roll and the non weak point rings will need? maybe we can start farming for them

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 01:21 PM
Anyone knows what stones the slow dive roll and the non weak point rings will need? maybe we can start farming for them

Most likely mats from the Tundra and Volcano fields, which are also coming in October. So you probably can't farm in advance, but you can start working towards the Lambda Grinders you need.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 02:37 PM
Most likely mats from the Tundra and Volcano fields, which are also coming in October. So you probably can't farm in advance, but you can start working towards the Lambda Grinders you need.

Some of the new rings will likely require naberius rocks though.

doomdragon83
Sep 21, 2016, 03:07 PM
If this ring comes out as it is and doesn't have some dumb stuff about it like only half of your WHA percentage at max grind, I might actually be happy about this.

I would agree with this if not for some jackasses at Vopar and Lillipa having stupidly small headshot hitbox that not even rifle can regularly hit.
Also many phantoms and toy darkers don't even have head.
Yeah, when Facility came out, I felt like I did less damage as a RA, not a fun place for me initially. I hate toy darkers for sure.

MightyHarken
Sep 21, 2016, 03:33 PM
If this ring comes out as it is and doesn't have some dumb stuff about it like only half of your WHA percentage at max grind, I might actually be happy about this.

Yeah, when Facility came out, I felt like I did less damage as a RA, not a fun place for me initially. I hate toy darkers for sure.

Even if it did have just 1 WHA. It would still be totally worth it.

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2016, 07:24 PM

As much as I would like that too, it makes the most sense on a goddamn Launcher