PDA

View Full Version : Scratch up (l-leather...)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 12:15 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20160921/

Just give me her basewear in black and purple.

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:17 AM
Phaleg BA = Micro Mini Pants-tier prices (AKA literally unaffordable without market gaming)

Zyrusticae
Sep 21, 2016, 12:19 AM
Good thing I don't care about that basewear.

Just like all the rest of the basewear they've released so far.

Where's my halter top + short shorts + boots combo, SEGA?

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:21 AM
Good thing I don't care about that basewear.

Just like all the rest of the basewear they've released so far.

Where's my halter top + short shorts + boots combo, SEGA?

I mean, you're practically there with Micro Mini Pants/Shorts. You would just need a different top.

Zyrusticae
Sep 21, 2016, 12:23 AM
That one only has the shorts. The top doesn't reveal enough abs and the shoes are... what even are they? I don't know what they are, but they ain't boots.

They were nothing but a tease. A terrible, terrible tease.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 21, 2016, 12:26 AM
Well most of everything for the last couple of scratches have had no interest for me so, yay for saving money.

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 12:31 AM
Male stuff are pretty meh. I'll be checking a few accessories and that's it

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 12:42 AM
Nothing interesting, only recent scratch that I cared about was PSU, and only because of the Karen hair and voice.

And honestly, does anyone even want to get most of the Innerwear anymore? Most of the time it's almost completely unnoticeable. Only Innerwear I've ever gone out of my way to get was the Panda ones for guys, but it ended up being a waste anyways.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 12:46 AM
And honestly, does anyone even want to get most of the Innerwear anymore? Most of the time it's almost completely unnoticeable. Only Innerwear I've ever gone out of my way to get was the Panda ones for guys, but it ended up being a waste anyways.

Yeah I pretty much stopped bothering after we got pasties for free, and basewear generally don't show them off (Inners do not show with bikini basewears anyway).

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 12:48 AM

I still do, will actually be getting the Straight Liner inner recolors just so I can emulate some of the female bodypaints for my trap. Innerwear is a lot more noticeable on the guys considering there's a shirtless basewear and a few basewear with shorts.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 12:49 AM
At least they're cheap.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 12:50 AM
Inners do not show with bikini basewears anyway.

That was a bad move honestly, I would have cared for the Basewear swimwear if I could have had Innerwear visible, similar to Seraphy's Summer Vacation chip from PSO2es. Oh well, that's Meseta/AC saved I guess.

I still do, will actually be getting the Straight Liner inner recolors just so I can emulate some of the female bodypaints for my trap. Innerwear is a lot more noticeable on the guys considering there's a shirtless basewear and a few basewear with shorts.

Ah that's actually pretty nice. I don't usually go shirtless with my male character because of the whole personality I have for him in my head and all that.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 01:41 AM
I won't be able to use the outerwear for the usual reasons (proportion your coats to work on all figures Sega, ffs), but I am so ready for that Ba. And so is my wallet. But damn, this one is probably going to hurt.

The causual wear is rather nice too. My boys can get some Timms.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 01:47 AM
I won't be able to use the outerwear for the usual reasons (proportion your coats to work on all figures Sega, ffs), but I am so ready for that Ba. And so is my wallet. But damn, this one is probably going to hurt.

Well the monokinis were surprisingly affordable. Maybe this will be too...? I could do without the purple. I need to pinch pennies with october around the corner...

gabor100
Sep 21, 2016, 01:51 AM
And honestly, does anyone even want to get most of the Innerwear anymore?

Yes, most of the [Ba] look sucks so i'm running around in [In] sometimes i'm wearing a [Ou] too.

I'm hoping that people don't sell Phaleg's sexy underwear for ridiculus prices. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236420-Next-Update-(Video)-09-21-2016&p=3395002&viewfull=1#post3395002)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 01:53 AM
Yes, most of the [Ba] look sucks so i'm running around in [In] sometimes i'm wearing a [Ou] too.

I'm hoping that people don't sell Phaleg's sexy underwear for ridiculus prices. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236420-Next-Update-(Video)-09-21-2016&p=3395002&viewfull=1#post3395002)

Why would they? Most will never really see it 90% of the time, sans modders.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 02:01 AM
I buy some on occasion. Playing gunner, I get enough pantsu flashes that smart inner gets to be tacky after a while. Definitely not paying seven figures for any though. ...Maybe this bustier.

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 03:20 AM
Dat 30m for a default Phaleg Basewear. RIP wallets

gabor100
Sep 21, 2016, 03:42 AM
Why would they? Most will never really see it 90% of the time, sans modders.

Dunno, ask JP players why they sell the black for 10m and the white for 5m.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 03:45 AM
Ah ha ha ha, 31m for Phaleg black. Undercutters, get to work pls.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 03:53 AM
Huh. I kinda expected it to go up to Dress Shirt-tier prices, but I didn't think they'd be that high.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 04:05 AM
#waiting

Meanwhile, purple isnt even 5mil.

Everything got stupid ever since after the dance 20 scratch, and people adopted the 'day 1 high price' clause

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 05:39 AM
The sellers are putting up a pretty united front so far. I'm marginally impressed. But we'll see how long that lasts.

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2016, 05:55 AM
I can either spend 2.5m for the white Phaleg outer that matches with the nurse outfit. Or I can spend 30M for the whole original color outfit.

Choices are hard.

Tymek
Sep 21, 2016, 09:33 AM
I think this might have been the worst scratch so far.
The good stuff is literally unaffordable.
The affordable stuff is hideous.
This scratch is a big middle-finger towards male characters, too. God.

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 09:39 AM
I kinda wish the shoes changed color as well for the cargo pants. Really that is the only thing that is making me hesitate to buy the black ones. *edit* NVM they dropped in price down to 350k instead of the 675k.

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 09:42 AM
Eh, male stuffs are fine for me. It's not suits-slacks level or doctor-trenchcoat level but it's not that meh either.
The other female outfit is cute too. I say y'all too fixated on Phaleg's stuff :p

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2016, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, this was one of the few scratches that I was interested in stuff from....

Vintasticvin
Sep 21, 2016, 10:00 AM
Down with Inflation, down with the Ship 2 Mafia, And Xaeris yer not with the market mafia too are you? If so I'm disappointed cause I believed in you =[ /

Ah well more money for me to blow on my childrerrrr pets Ivkeant YES more meseta for me to spend on pets!

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 10:01 AM
Eh, male stuffs are fine for me. It's not suits-slacks level or doctor-trenchcoat level but it's not that meh either.
The other female outfit is cute too. I say y'all too fixated on Phaleg's stuff :p

I stopped caring about layerable wear for females after Kabuki was released, except for when Kannagi Tsubaki[Ba] showed up. Because apprently the only style SEGA can think of for the Base wear for females is tops of various lengths, short skirt or hot pants, and some variation of short footwear. The exceptions are few and far between, imo.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 10:12 AM
AC shop for costumes would be nice about now. I don't believe in RNGing my IRL cash away for things I want.

aiMute
Sep 21, 2016, 01:21 PM
Nice bonus scratch, sega. Want cosplay new character? Pay up. Your friends want to cosplay that character when they join the game later? That bonus scratch is gone, so fuck off. Good job, ep4 guy, you never cease to amaze me with "quality content".

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 01:25 PM
Nice bonus scratch, sega. Want cosplay new character? Pay up. Your friends want to cosplay that character when they join the game later? That bonus scratch is gone, so fuck off. Good job, ep4 guy, you never cease to amaze me with "quality content".

To be fair, none of it is necessary to enjoy the game, so it still falls under the realm of "you don't need money to play properly", as per ARKS Cash design philosophy.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2016, 01:51 PM
To be fair, none of it is necessary to enjoy the game, so it still falls under the realm of "you don't need money to play properly", as per ARKS Cash design philosophy.

Sure, but it still forces you to shell out real money for cosmetics: one of the original draws of the F2P model was that you could get cosmetics through player shops. That is literally impossible for bonus scratch items.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 02:36 PM
Sure, but it still forces you to shell out real money for cosmetics: one of the original draws of the F2P model was that you could get cosmetics through player shops. That is literally impossible for bonus scratch items.

That's true. This is the first time they've tied a Costume and a Bonus Item together, probably because Phaleg has a unique facial expression. I'm an optimist, so I don't think they'll do it again; they probably wanted to capitalize on Phaleg's huge popularity.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 03:01 PM
Down with Inflation, down with the Ship 2 Mafia, And Xaeris yer not with the market mafia too are you? If so I'm disappointed cause I believed in you =[ /

Nah, I've always made my money like a dweeb: making and farming things people want to buy. Hell, one time I bought something severely underpriced and dropped it off in the seller's room in a gift box.

As for the bonus scratch, I knew that thing was bad news from the moment I laid eyes on it. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 did a lot to build my favorable opinion of the game's F2P model. Episode 4 is doing its damndest to take a wrecking ball to it all.

And those of you that don't appreciate a nice pair of Timberlands: shame on you.

doomdragon83
Sep 21, 2016, 03:12 PM
AC shop for costumes would be nice about now. I don't believe in RNGing my IRL cash away for things I want.
I remember suggesting putting old costumes into a shop in game and changing them to "non-AC" status. That way, shops will have some use instead of being there as another place to npc your junk that can't be fed to your mag.

That said, being able to spend money for whatever costumes you want would have been super good, not sure why Sega wants to keep things the way they are now.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 03:23 PM
I imagine it's making them a good profit though. I've been playing this game since launch, and the only time I went out of my way to pay for cosmetics with real money was with the PSU scratch, because my love for PSU hit me really really hard, I can't imagine how much money they would be making from the increasing number of people who like Phaleg. Will they do this again? I doubt it, unless another NPC gets the positive reaction Phaleg did.

not sure why Sega wants to keep things the way they are now.
They could make sooooo much more money from people who want a specific item enough, and spend up to 4000 if not 8000+ AC trying to get it from the scratch, than selling that item for 1000-1500 AC. Plus some whales don't even care for specific items, they're trying to make a profit in meseta. 200 AC for one random item is better than having to pay 1000 or more for one.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 03:53 PM
I imagine it's making them a good profit though. I've been playing this game since launch, and the only time I went out of my way to pay for cosmetics with real money was with the PSU scratch, because my love for PSU hit me really really hard, I can't imagine how much money they would be making from the increasing number of people who like Phaleg. Will they do this again? I doubt it, unless another NPC gets the positive reaction Phaleg did.

They could make sooooo much more money from people who want a specific item enough, and spend up to 4000 if not 8000+ AC trying to get it from the scratch, than selling that item for 1000-1500 AC. Plus some whales don't even care for specific items, they're trying to make a profit in meseta. 200 AC for one random item is better than having to pay 1000 or more for one.

That's where having the option comes in. Try your luck, or buy what you want. AC scratch can be easily more profitable than buying specific things for both players, and SEGA, but what about people who just dislike gambling their money?

Also, 1000AC for one costume is too high. ~600AC is more reasonable.

On the player economy side of things, a costume shop would actually add some stability to the economy. Lets take TERA for example: after it's F2P transition, cosmetics, and other cash goods had a value based on the enmass points it cost, and converted to an in-game currency value with very little price variance.

It made the player economy a whole lot more accessable, and tempting to pay EME, since you could effectively buy in-game currency without adding money into the player economy.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 04:03 PM
They wouldn't sell single outfits of the customer's choice for 600 AC though. Looking at games that feature a similar option, even 1k AC would be on the cheap side, especially for outfits anticipated to have high demand. Blade and Soul, for example, sells new outfits for 15-20 dollars. Tera's stuff goes from 10-15. Even League of Legends has no problems selling select skins for 30 bucks a pop.

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 04:04 PM
I can only see that method working if you can't trade the items. Otherwise it would actually kill SEGA's profits. People would just spend X AC for item and be done. There won't be a market for unwanted items anymore, *coughmalecostumes*.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 04:04 PM
That's where having the option comes in. Try your luck, or buy what you want. AC scratch can be easily more profitable than buying specific things for both players, and SEGA, but what about people who just dislike gambling their money?

Also, 1000AC for one costume is too high. ~600AC is more reasonable.

On the player economy side of things, a costume shop would actually add some stability to the economy. Lets take TERA for example: after it's F2P transition, cosmetics, and other cash goods had a value based on the enmass points it cost, and converted to an in-game currency value.

Now that you bring up Tera, I see your point, I played Tera for a good few years alongside PSO2, and the economy with the cash shop was pretty nice. But Tera did also have RNG based items, for costume variations, mounts with special game effects like healing you or increased move speed, and they also had RNG items that were like underwear that gave stat bumps of some kind if I remember correctly. That's where I praise PSO2, there's really nothing to cosmetics besides being cosmetic, if they went with a cash shop + scratch method, they'd probably have to do something like that to give most people an incentive to use the scratch at all.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2016, 04:05 PM
As for the bonus scratch, I knew that thing was bad news from the moment I laid eyes on it. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 did a lot to build my favorable opinion of the game's F2P model. Episode 4 is doing its damndest to take a wrecking ball to it all.

This is basically my opinion on it. This is just setting a bad precedent and I'm all but certain Sega will take advantage of this assuming people buy into the whole thing. And knowing how much some people care about..."fashion"...well I'm sure they're doing just that.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 04:07 PM
They wouldn't sell single outfits of the customer's choice for 600 AC though. Looking at games that feature a similar option, even 1k AC would be on the cheap side, especially for outfits anticipated to have high demand. Blade and Soul, for example, sells new outfits for 15-20 dollars. Tera's stuff goes from 10-15. Even League of Legends has no problems selling select skins for 30 bucks a pop.

Okay perhaps I am a cheapskate, but could we agree that the currency conversion rate TERA players adopted would actually be beneficial for stable prices, and AC sales by indirectly selling people in-game meseta (which adds no money to the player economy)? I felt TERA really did it right.

I can only see that method working if you can't trade the items. Otherwise it would actually kill SEGA's profits. People would just spend X AC for item and be done. There won't be a market for unwanted items anymore, *coughmalecostumes*.

Scratch could still be cheaper per attempt, and possibly more profitable, especially if they do something like leave stat boosters exclusive to them.

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 04:10 PM
This is basically my opinion on it. This is just setting a bad precedent and I'm all but certain Sega will take advantage of this assuming people buy into the whole thing. And knowing how much some people care about..."fashion"...well I'm sure they're doing just that.

*Raises hand* Twice, or three if you count doing both normal and G separate, I've gotten all of the bonus scratch items. Most recently PSU not for airboard mind you but for yellow arks badges I finished it off because i hate myself.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 04:13 PM
*Raises hand* Twice, or three if you count doing both normal and G separate, I've gotten all of the bonus scratch items. Most recently PSU not for airboard mind you but for yellow arks badges I finished it off because i hate myself.

Sega baited me with PSU nostalgia and I got Airboard. Looking back I'm not sure why, but I admit I'm satisfied so I guess my case isn't really a complaint.

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 04:46 PM
Yeah, a trading post for meseta and AC would be a good implementation, I can agree with that. I think the money fountain/money sink balance is in a good enough place to allow for it, and it would be nice if the totally free players had access to additional skill trees and the like. I feel this game is mostly playable without spending a dime, but one thing I've never understood is how the hell anyone makes do with only 50 bag slots. At rest, my bag starts out at 40/150...I mean, I could put some clothes into the bank, but eww.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 21, 2016, 04:54 PM
but one thing I've never understood is how the hell anyone makes do with only 50 bag slots. At rest, my bag starts out at 40/150...I mean, I could put some clothes into the bank, but eww.

Ive been doing it for years.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 04:58 PM
I feel this game is mostly playable without spending a dime, but one thing I've never understood is how the hell anyone makes do with only 50 bag slots. At rest, my bag starts out at 40/150...I mean, I could put some clothes into the bank, but eww.

I upgraded from 70 slots to 100 this month
I have never felt so free, and I already had 70....

I usually carry maybe less than 20, Fighter weps, maybe one or two costumes, my Units, and rings, but when I go farming for anything I fill up quickly. I have a habit of picking up everything, because even useless junk sells for even a bit of meseta.

freyt
Sep 21, 2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah, a trading post for meseta and AC would be a good implementation, I can agree with that. I think the money fountain/money sink balance is in a good enough place to allow for it, and it would be nice if the totally free players had access to additional skill trees and the like. I feel this game is mostly playable without spending a dime, but one thing I've never understood is how the hell anyone makes do with only 50 bag slots. At rest, my bag starts out at 40/150...I mean, I could put some clothes into the bank, but eww.
Just a little item organization. First since I never use mates except for my automate character, I ditch them completely. I let others worry about their own status ailments unless I have anti, and I can't bother to set it for myself for like... only Freeze? Star Atomizers are really just an inventory consuming Resta, so those are trash. Moons are pretty much the only usable item I keep around.

I generally only fiddle with one outfit at a time, so the rest get stored. Currently one of my characters doesn't have any outerwear, just base/underwear/body paint, so no item slots used for outfits. Same with weapon camo's. Until I can equip more than one weapon camo at a time, I'm only going to bring one, at most, at a time. I'll never have more than 6 weapons to actively use, and I may have less with me depending on my setup. As far as misc items go, I only carry what I'm likely to pick up. Grinders, Synthesizers, Weapon Badges, etc. If I'm gathering materials then I'm pretty much not going to hit my item limit, so that's not a concern, I bank them when I move on to other things.

I pick up all 10*+ weapons, and I ignore all units unless it's 11*. Units are just a pain to exchange to begin with, and I feel they're not even worth the time to put into sorting through. Any time I hit my limit I open my inventory and shift select all of my untekked weapons, and quick deposit them, usually freeing anywhere between 10-20 slots. I can do this while wasting little time, usually waiting for something else to happen. When I've hit my limit elsewise, I discard any weapon/unit I've picked up accidentally or that e-trials have forced on me, and I'll deposit the rest of the rare identified weapons into a storage I know doesn't have weapons in it already, so I can exchange them quickly without sorting through my collection.

I generally go into a quest with 19/50, and don't always hit my limit before the quest is over. While spamming something like Magatsu, I selfishly designate myself as not the leader, so I can pick crap up while the lead preps the quest up again. Either way I'll just grab everything and go, if there's a lot or my inventory is semi-full, then I'll focus untekked weapons and stones first, and then go for the rares.

[Ayumi]
Sep 21, 2016, 10:09 PM
Me this morning:

*Gets ready to get on*
"Cool. I can't wait to check the eyes price on shop as that seems to be the only thing I want as nothing else interest me from what was previewed."

*Logs online and heads to visiphone*
"Alright, now to just get on the site and look up the actual name of the eyes."

*Sees the eyes are one of those stupid limited items crap*
"Uh... so I would need to spend $40 on eyes I wanted on 3 characters... okay so I guess I'm not getting them as they would be a waste to me now. Let me see what they have in the scratch at least I guess..."

*Goes through scratch while already disappointed*

*Sees the only things she wants is once again male clothes... which is what she usually always want every week*
"So as usual... nothing for me."

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2016, 10:33 PM
Yeah, the eyes and courtesy LA from Phaleg are locked behind the paywall. I really hate the bonus scratch ideal and how the items are untradeable. I do however hope they do a revival for bonus scratch items in the future as there is a couple things I did want when it first came out and I didn't buy into hoping enough players could convince Sega to not do this.

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 10:37 PM
;3397144']
*Sees the only things she wants is once again male clothes... which is what she usually always want every week*

Worry not, one of the outfits in October update has a cool looking outfit that can be worn by females aswell. Pants, coat and everything all black. Think of this scratch as a 'meseta saved' event

Though, I am bitter about the eye variant being a bonus scratch item.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 10:48 PM
SEGA riding Phaleg's popularity train to PROFIT. I'm pretty sure this'll just be a one-time thing for the whole "complete look involves Bonus Items".

[Ayumi]
Sep 22, 2016, 12:04 AM
Worry not, one of the outfits in October update has a cool looking outfit that can be worn by females aswell. Pants, coat and everything all black. Think of this scratch as a 'meseta saved' event

Though, I am bitter about the eye variant being a bonus scratch item.

Honestly I just want the shirt and pants. I always want the male Ba as I already got an Ou to work but I want pants and shirt (and of course the shoes obviously as it's part of the outfit).

SEGA riding Phaleg's popularity train to PROFIT. I'm pretty sure this'll just be a one-time thing for the whole "complete look involves Bonus Items".

Didn't even know she was popular and didn't even know her name until this scratch.
Don't care for her or the looks. Just wanted the eyes. They would even be nice for certain photos.

Sad with eyes closed
Happy with eyes closed
Winking mouth with eyes closed

I think the problem too as I've said is it's a one time only. You can't get it multiple times.

It's the same reason (Even though we got it free), I've never used the SORO/SOTO (forgot his name)'s cloak.
I really would like it on two of my characters but I can't decide on which and I would not have this damn problem if I could have more than one.

Nyansan
Sep 22, 2016, 12:09 AM
;3397185']
Don't care for her or the looks. Just wanted the eyes. They would even be nice for certain photos.
Sad with eyes closed
Happy with eyes closed

I think the problem too as I've said is it's a one time only. You can't get it multiple times.

It's the same reason (Even though we got it free), I've never used the SORO/SOTO (forgot his name)'s cloak.
I really would like it on two of my characters but I can't decide on which and I would not have this damn problem if I could have more than one.

SORO cloak has a tradeable variant now from the PSO2 anime DVD. Also the eyes are a disappointment with wink cut-in. It's more of a reverse wink according to a teammate

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 12:53 AM
;3397185']Honestly I just want the shirt and pants. I always want the male Ba as I already got an Ou to work but I want pants and shirt (and of course the shoes obviously as it's part of the outfit).

Didn't even know she was popular and didn't even know her name until this scratch.

Sad with eyes closed
Happy with eyes closed

She's popular in Japan, anyway. When this scratch was announced, you could hear the cheer from the entire crowd when Phaleg was shown.

You'd have to care about the story to know who Phaleg is.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 01:56 AM
She's popular in Japan, anyway. When this scratch was announced, you could hear the cheer from the entire crowd when Phaleg was shown.

Educate me. Not the first character of that variant, and is interesting, but I'm missing half the story behind her popularity.

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 02:00 AM
Educate me. Not the first character of that variant, and is interesting, but I'm missing half the story behind her popularity.

I wish I actually knew why she's popular, but I don't. All I know is that she is.

Fun fact, punch "ファレグ" into Google. You'll get results of the PSO2 character before you get the Wikipedia page.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 02:13 AM
I wish I actually knew why she's popular, but I don't. All I know is that she is.

Fun fact, punch "ファレグ" into Google. You'll get results of the PSO2 character before you get the Wikipedia page.

Well... congrats to her for being the first antagonist to punk the protagonists this hard while looking good doing it.

IchijinKali
Sep 22, 2016, 02:35 AM

Going to guess strong female character. Because not counting yourself, as you are both a piece of wood and interchangeable, there isn't a single one in this episode so far. Those that are strong haven't been involved in the story at all, except for Matoi who decided to be an idiot and encourage Hitsugi to be an idiot.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 02:45 AM
Going to guess strong female character. Because not counting yourself, as you are both a piece of wood and interchangeable, there isn't a single one in this episode so far. Those that are strong haven't been involved in the story at all, except for Matoi who decided to be an idiot and encourage Hitsugi to be an idiot.

#reasonsAzanami+Revelleshouldbeinvolvedinstory

IchijinKali
Sep 22, 2016, 02:48 AM
#reasonsAzanami+Revelleshouldbeinvolvedinstory

Hmmm I can't seem to recall Revelle appearing in a single conversation . . . going to check.

*edit* and nope hasn't appeared once.

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 03:45 AM
Revelle is the typical "Darkers killed my family and therefore THEY MUST DIE" character.

It probably has to do with Phaleg's looks. And being strong.

[Ayumi]
Sep 22, 2016, 07:42 AM

Eh.
I do care for the story. Just EP 1 2 and 3.

This isn't the first time for me though. Didn't care for EP4 in PSO either.

Hmmm I can't seem to recall Revelle appearing in a single conversation . . . going to check.

*edit* and nope hasn't appeared once.

Yeah... I think my favourite characters in PSO2 are Revelle, Lisa, and Eucrita (in that order from most fave to the least).

While I don't know who Phaleg is, I guess just by her looks I'm not thrilled with her looks. She don't seem like she's dressed to really do anything. Especially in heels like that.

Really wish this game had a Sue in it outside of intro cutscenes.

IchijinKali
Sep 22, 2016, 07:44 AM
;3397249']While I don't know who Phaleg is, I guess just by her looks I'm not thrilled with her looks. She don't seem like she's dressed to really do anything. Especially in heels like that.

Generic powerful character who is stronger than appears and is interested in main character, no reason as of yet.

IchijinKali
Sep 22, 2016, 10:14 AM
I was just finally happy to get a pair of cargo pants, kinda wish they were baggy like Ethan's Repca but what can you do.

[Ayumi]
Sep 22, 2016, 11:57 AM
I was just finally happy to get a pair of cargo pants, kinda wish they were baggy like Ethan's Repca but what can you do.

Rubbing it in my face.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 12:12 PM
;3397249'] She don't seem like she's dressed to really do anything. Especially in heels like that.

That's part of the appeal. She's absurdly strong.

She's one of those characters that doesn't take most people she faces as a threat at all, hence her dress, conduct (borders on toying with people), and even her closed eyes during a fight. If/when she opens her eyes, changes mannerisms, and loses the dress... you either angered, or pressured her.

There must be a trope or phrase to describe this kind of character, because this isn't the first time I've seen it.

oratank
Sep 22, 2016, 12:24 PM
well a psycho chick that she show off her power and it's cool. she didn't warp or teleport at all.she just too fast like superman jump straight in the air make a sonic boom and fly away.compare that to df

Kondibon
Sep 22, 2016, 12:25 PM
There must be a trope or phrase to describe this kind of character, because this isn't the first time I've seen it.http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OOCIsSeriousBusiness

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainousBreakdown

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 12:27 PM
There's also the fact that everyone up to Phaleg pretty much can't fight. So she's an actual threat.

IchijinKali
Sep 22, 2016, 12:46 PM
There's also the fact that everyone up to Phaleg pretty much can't fight. So she's *the ONLY* actual threat.

fixed it for ya.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 01:12 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OOCIsSeriousBusiness

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainousBreakdown

The second is more like Luther.

The first one is pretty much Phaleg. From what I've seen so far, she can actually match who she fights when she loses some of the facade, like with Huey.

Haven't seen any hints of possible Luther-esque breakdowns coming from Phaleg in the near future.

Zysets
Sep 22, 2016, 02:21 PM
Haven't seen any hints of possible Luther-esque breakdowns coming from Phaleg in the near future.

Honestly the only reason I miss Luther is because I love those kinds of villains, I hope we DO get another one eventually.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 22, 2016, 02:42 PM
Honestly the only reason I miss Luther is because I love those kinds of villains, I hope we DO get another one eventually.

I can't respect those kinds of villains that talk shit the whole time, then have a breakdown the moment they finally fight the protag and lose.

I like Phaleg since she does drive the point home that she may actually be a threat, and it's almost like a megaman X intro stage effect. Leaves you wondering how the protag will grow to overcome that.