PDA

View Full Version : ideas for episode 5

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 21, 2016, 02:53 AM
what about knight class where will wield sword & shield and will be focus on hold agro of mobs and protecting mpa

split game to 2 playable factions arks and dark falz (pvp arenas) (will be same classes and playstyle but different quests costumes weapons and photon color will be red/black than blue)

level cap 80 (raid difficulty) new story new arks / exploration quests new client orders new npcs new emergency quests

new type of mobs phantom-darker combo

kuron shironian facility advanced quests

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 21, 2016, 03:03 AM
1. As for the knight class.....no mainly since what you just described was Hunter. (War Cry)

2. I doubt they would put PVP in this game.....the mechanics don't call for it.

3. As I'm sure they'll do 80...eventually....they never said yet when they will...

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 21, 2016, 03:09 AM
well kinght tree will be about defense tanking max hp hp recorvery absorb/reflect % damage some passive what strenght depand just a support class like is techer what can be healer or buffer but he will be tank

Dammy
Sep 21, 2016, 03:30 AM
please ...

wefwq
Sep 21, 2016, 03:46 AM
>tank
stopped reading there and disregard everything.

Ziel
Sep 23, 2016, 07:35 AM
>PVP

Nope, one does not simply add pvp on a game where players can hit 50k standard/999999 combos/hitscan unavoidable skills (one point and some techs) and your maximum life pool never reaches 1500, i think anyone can do the math, sega will not waste spare time to balance pvp, they dont even balance the only gameplay branch we have now, and its not a "cut numbers in x map and be done with it" issue.

>Tank

Non-existant aggro mechanics, Hu supposedly has a "tank branch" but we all know how that turned out *looks at firesword*...

Selphea
Sep 23, 2016, 07:52 AM
well kinght tree will be about defense tanking max hp hp recorvery absorb/reflect % damage some passive what strenght depand just a support class like is techer what can be healer or buffer but he will be tank

sword - Katana
shield - Press Shift with Katana
defense - Flash Guard
tanking - War Cry
max hp - You mean like HP Up, the very first skill the Hunter tree forces you to take?
hp recorvery - Healing Guard
absorb/reflect % damage - Counter Edge and Counter Bonus
some passive what strenght - I have no idea what "strenght" either

So... which part of that does the game not have yet?

Vintasticvin
Sep 23, 2016, 07:56 AM
:( Ep4 is about to end? Aww its just starting to get good. as for a new clas how bout this... Bring back Vanguard xD It does just about everythin!

Sirius-91
Sep 23, 2016, 08:06 AM
:( Ep4 is about to end? Aww its just starting to get good. as for a new clas how bout this... Bring back Vanguard xD It does just about everythin!
OP wants to project mythical ideas for EP5 that will not happen.

Akero
Sep 23, 2016, 08:07 AM
A knight class the way you describe doesn't seem that useful in boss EQs though.
EQ bosses have area attacks that hit multiple (or all players). Even if you block an attack and keep yourself alive, the attack will still pierce through and hit anyone who hasn't blocked/dodged said attack.

oratank
Sep 23, 2016, 08:24 AM
new race lilipan

landman
Sep 23, 2016, 09:07 AM
My idea for Episode 5: Episode 4 was a funny dream :wacko:

Vatallus
Sep 23, 2016, 09:30 AM
Episode 4 is a funny dream because surely we wouldn't let the guy making changes in EP2 be lead dev in another episode again, right?

DrCatco
Sep 23, 2016, 11:15 AM
What I want to see is a new ranged/tech hybrid class, and some kind of outposts on the planets, like Rogio suggested some time ago. (http://i.imgur.com/gUCT71p.jpg)

silo1991
Sep 23, 2016, 11:56 AM
thats the camp system i talked about in another post ( like the towns in PSU) and for a new class i expect something like the arks from PSO1 ep 3 been able to tame and command minions of anywhere

more story involve of the support partners like: we got capture by the enemy then the SP rescue us,
AIS tree would be nice and more PAs for jetboots
and also more scenaries for the existing planets : jungles or swaps in naberius, an underground prison in amduscia , an space stationn in lilipa and some scenaries for wild life in harukotan

Raujinn
Sep 23, 2016, 12:44 PM
Ideas for episode 5: Go as far away from Earth as we can.

Kintama
Sep 23, 2016, 01:01 PM
what about knight class where will wield sword & shield and will be focus on hold agro of mobs and protecting mpa

=>Not Kawaii, not happening.

split game to 2 playable factions arks and dark falz (pvp arenas) (will be same classes and playstyle but different quests costumes weapons and photon color will be red/black than blue)

=>Pvp won't happen, we're space fairy tail, we're too kawaii to hurt each other.

level cap 80 (raid difficulty) new story new arks / exploration quests new client orders new npcs new emergency quests

=>level cap lol

new type of mobs phantom-darker combo

=>Make more of the same huh...

kuron shironian facility advanced quests

=>That should have happened long ago, guess sega stopped caring.

Zyrusticae
Sep 23, 2016, 01:16 PM
My biggest hope for Episode 5 is that they give us more sci-fi aesthetic stuff and a lot, a LOT less of this generic bland Earth casual clothes crap. Pipe dream, I know.

At this point, I'm more interested in what they have planned for PSO3/PSU2, if such a thing is planned at all.

What I want to see is a new ranged/tech hybrid class
They were supposed to give us one this episode, but then someone decided to go summoner for the all-three-damage-types newbie class instead.

Hopefully we'll actually get it this time around. And hopefully they incorporate slicers into that playstyle.

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 02:40 PM
More creative areas for sure. I loved Las Vegas because it stepped away from just having the area you can physically walk on, including vertical movement in the way the map is designed. You could say it was gimmicky, but I hope they start coming up with more unique and interesting features for areas like that.

Besides that, I just really hope Persona isn't forgotten. Xiao is trying to figure out a way to permanently beat PD, and Persona is still looping that segment of time, so I hope that gets resolved. Maybe that's where the current story might head to in the end? Who knows.

MightyHarken
Sep 23, 2016, 02:54 PM
My hopes for ep5:

1. An interesting new sci fi story a la ragol.
2. 1 new weapon type for some classes to share. (ra and gunner can share shotguns) (hu fi can share slicers), etc.
3.planets with more mechanics into them than the usual go down, kill shit, go back up. A few examples would be acid rains or dark areas with miasma everywhere, protec yourself with photon crystals that you can recharge in a small station) I want more places to delve in, small hallways to go through, etc.
4.More sci fi costumes and less whore skirts.
5. Less kawaii collaborations. We could get other kinds of collabs that fit our game, maybe even from movie (Like Aliens)

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 04:56 PM
Actually, I got something else too. This is about the SG Scratch. I hope they remove the trade restriction AFTER the items in question are unavailable in both the Scratch and Recycle shop. So whatever the current SG Scratch is, those items will have restrictions, but previous items are able to be traded/sold/etc.

Kintama
Sep 23, 2016, 05:23 PM
Can we just leave Earth, please..?

EvilMag
Sep 23, 2016, 06:03 PM
-We get a Livestream for a big announcement
-A mysterious person appears
-Its Suganuma!
-I'm back he says
-then Sakai, Ichitaro, and the girls appear
-They all bow down and apolgize for the disaster that was ep4
-He shows us a new trailer
-RETURN: EPISODE 5
-adds XH to all areas
-completly reworks all areas
-Introduces a new quest system
-Dungeon Quests!
-Quests you can play anytime but are 4 player content that has styled like PSO1/PSU
-New class: Forte
-A new class that uses Axes, Grenade Launchers, and Slicers
-New race: Beasts
-new Story quest turns out this will be a prequel story that tells the events that happened before PSO2
-After the trailer ends Sakai has a special person to show
-Its Yuji Naka who will help direct PSO2!
-I promise I'll help PSO2 be a hell of lot better but for now we have a new trailer to show
-Its Ultimate Vopar and its all stormy and looks like a Tsunami is about to hit the place. coming soon
-They also announced that they will not rely on EQs anymore. This time they will make fun content you can play anytime
-They also announced the Vita version will be shutting down due to it holding them back.
-Gameguard will be dropped

That is my dream for Ep5

MightyHarken
Sep 23, 2016, 06:36 PM
-Its Suganuma!
-I'm back he says
-adds XH to all areas
-Dungeon Quests!
-Quests you can play anytime but are 4 player content that has styled like PSO1/PSU
-new Story quest turns out this will be a prequel story that tells the events that happened before PSO2
-I promise I'll help PSO2 be a hell of lot better but for now we have a new trailer to show
-Its Ultimate Vopar and its all stormy and looks like a Tsunami is about to hit the place. coming soon
-They also announced that they will not rely on EQs anymore. This time they will make fun content you can play anytime
-They also announced the Vita version will be shutting down due to it holding them back.

That is my dream for Ep5

All of my want

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 06:58 PM
I actually like the Earth content, the story is meh but I love the actual areas, enemies, and style. Some may disagree, but I'd like more areas based on real world locations.

D-Inferno
Sep 23, 2016, 07:27 PM
I believe PSZ was based on Earth. The issue is the poor execution.

I kind of want PSO2 to die soon and just move on to PSO3/PSU2/whatever. It's become too bloated with meaningless features, bad design, and skill imbalances. Maybe try to make it a thing overseas too.

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 07:40 PM
I don't think PSZ's earth is our earth, as the earth in PSZ was originally called "Coral" and the moon was "Arca". I remember lots of discussion on if it's part of he PSO universe, or the original series, back when the game was released. I've been playing PSZ offline a lot recently, actually. Deleted my old save to enjoy it fresh again.

On the topic of PSO2, I don't think PSO2 will die anytime soon, I'm pretty sure it's more popular now than ever, and Sega's financial reports keep showing it as one of the top profit makers for the company. I agree that the game has quite a few issues though, they should really think of doing an overhaul of some of the extra features. There are things that could be mixed together, updated, or just plain removed. Honestly, I was surprised when Skill Rings and gathering weren't made as part of the existing crafting.

silo1991
Sep 23, 2016, 08:46 PM
the phantoms are meh especially the tokyo one's ( expect train ghidorah) because those you cant relate each other in any way not even with tokyo . the ones from las vegas are better because they are related each other in thematics and folklore ( like the UFO, skull , and the circus )

also im still waiting for an alien race that uses tachyon weapons and knows how control the darkers and in appearance should be a tribute to black doom from shadow the hedgehog. i know that game was awful but i liked the look of the aliens :P

maybe see again the D-cells and SEED back too

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 08:53 PM
The zombie enemies are based on the Yakuza, birds are generally in any city, as are rats, construction vehicles are common too. I think the Bears are the only Tokyo enemy that feel out of place, but I blame Bethor for that one.

yoshiblue
Sep 23, 2016, 08:59 PM
Idea for EP5. You know that one Dreamcast commercial, yeah. It would be like Kingdom Hearts, but with Sega characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3k0yJB6IVE

First we go to Earth. Then we go to Earth's video games.

Tunga
Sep 23, 2016, 11:14 PM

You can just go RaHu or HuRa and use launchers, Zaxe or Blizaxe. And for slicers uh, get an all class talis and throw stuff at something. :wacko:

hoangsea
Sep 23, 2016, 11:25 PM
for the new class we not even have R/T-atk hybrid one yet
it must be interesting if we got something like magic gunner
main weapon will be revolver with magic bullets

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 11:29 PM
Idea for EP5. You know that one Dreamcast commercial, yeah. It would be like Kingdom Hearts, but with Sega characters.

[spoiler-box]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3k0yJB6IVE[/spoiler-box]

First we go to Earth. Then we go to Earth's video games.

At this point, we might as well embrace the insanity.
I'm in.

Zyrusticae
Sep 24, 2016, 12:40 AM
-Its Suganuma!
-I'm back he says
-adds XH to all areas
-Dungeon Quests!

That is my dream for Ep5
Not getting my hopes up. But this is a nice list.

You can just go RaHu or HuRa and use launchers, Zaxe or Blizaxe. And for slicers uh, get an all class talis and throw stuff at something. :wacko:
Grenade launchers would definitely be redundant with launchers, but axe has a very distinct playstyle from sword, with a bigger emphasis on fewer really damaging attacks, and slicers are probably going to go to the R/T-Atk class whenever it arrives.

I have a soft spot for axes as I spent a LOT of time with them in PSU. My absolute favorite weapon type. It's especially fun when you're playing a tiny newman and they're just brutally crushing all of their enemies. SUCH VIOLENCE.

If we wanted to do a Fi-like version of Br (i.e. all-out offense), I would definitely nominate axes and either shotguns or blasters for the class. Probably more shotguns due to blasters having too much overlap with ARs and launchers (especially with Sphere Eraser being a thing). Shotguns can be like TMG with the mix of striking and point-blank ranged attacks, but with a much heavier kick to it and a bigger emphasis on AoE and charged attacks. Could even give them a twin dagger-like aerial component. Give them a PA where they shoot the ground to gain some air time and then rain death from above.

I really am curious what class they actually have lined up for Episode 5. There's so many possibilities. Hope they don't let us all down...

Fusionxglave
Sep 24, 2016, 02:09 AM
-Its Suganuma!
-I'm back he says
-adds XH to all areas
-Dungeon Quests!

That is my dream for Ep5

wow really good list but sad to say that if it takes alot of work and time sega can't consider it becuase they have to keep the current players happy and not screw up the severs if any one of these things fails.

AnikaSteinberg
Sep 24, 2016, 02:47 AM
We all have been waiting for that T/R-atk based magic gunner for years but,
May I humbly suggest the rather gimmicky, but still adequately sci-fi~ish...

Hacker class, from Sega's very own 7th Dragon series
http://dragon2021.sega.jp/class5.html

We've already had a few PSO2 collabs with the game franchise already in the form of posters, camos, mag devices, and costumes, why not put an entire job class with it? Not as flashy as Gunner or Fighter, but certainly is more active than some rod-waving, cutesy-ball attacking class.

loafhero
Sep 24, 2016, 03:16 AM
Stop trying to appease to the kawaii-worshipping crowd.

Make the Photoners the new enemy ala the Prometheans from the Halo games and for the love of Xion, design them to look badass and scary instead of any more of that weird, groan-inducing design choices that are prominent with the Phantoms. Make enemies worth being scared of and taken seriously for crying out loud.

Further expand the lore of the PSO2 world instead of resorting to alternate dimensions plot.

Make outfits and weapons look more sci-fi and convincingly combat appropriate for both genders. Reduce the amount of casual and collab clothing. Stick to your in-universe, dammit!

Make it possible for both male and female CASTs to be able to look like tanky robots or human-looking robots instead of locking it to one gender.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 24, 2016, 04:17 AM
i waiting r-atk / t-atk hybrid somethink like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bcDJjLwLMI

Kintama
Sep 24, 2016, 04:32 AM
-Its Suganuma!
-I'm back he says
-adds XH to all areas
-Dungeon Quests!

That is my dream for Ep5

Can we be friends?

Zephyrion
Sep 24, 2016, 06:15 AM
I Actually had an idea for R/T-ATK hybrid, will never see the light, but you can let me dream for 30 lines or so. Since it's completely pointless and won't bring anything relevant, on top of being uselessly long I spoiler-ed it. Read at your own risk, or better don't read and skip to do more interesting stuff xD.

[SPOILER-BOX]TUNER

A class that specializes in crowd control. Typically uses drones to set various traps, and uses photon whips for self-defense. Can use techs but not compounds.

Weapons : Drone gloves, Photon whip

Drone gloves (R-ATK) : Self-explanatory : equip the gloves, have little drones near you : PAs would mix moving drones directly for long-range strikes and setting drones for various effects (turret-type shooting, gravity/weakening field) .You can get up to 3 different drones up and recall them with shift action and reposition them while keeping gear up. Gear would raise the longer drones are set and each gear level makes them more and more powerful. Once gear is completely filled gear resets. Each drone has its own increase gear rate, and those rates add up, meaning you'd have to choose carefully which/how many drones to deploy and when to recall them to maximize lv 3 gear uptime.
PA examples
-Drone arrow : self explanatory send a piercing drone forward.
-Buzzing whirl : calls two drones to turn around you and deal damage : basic dron-ey Gifoie if you'd like
Zalure applier : Set-type drone : Sets a zone in which every monster takes up more damage. raises as Gear level rise (prolly stg like 15% > 25% > 40%)
-Satellite striker : Set-type drone : sets a drone in the sky that does literally nothing. Once gear is completely filled, drone releases a powerful AoE from above.

Photon whip: A whip (not a wired lance) That has the unique ability to store photons and release them in the form of elemental attacks (obv would scale on T-ATK). Unlike drones, it would be a versatile weapon to deal with situations where it would be too hard to charge/use drones effectively. You'd have a few neutral PAs that align with your element weapon, and elemental PAs that have their own element regardless of weapon's element. Each of the normals and PA have a "sweetspot" a "normal" and a "dead angle" distance, first one resulting in a lot more damage and special effects, second one being "normal" and "dead angle" being weaker. Gear increases each time your hit a sweetspot with a PA and boosts ONLY tech damage (20% > 35% > 50%). slowly decreases naturally, and you lose a chunk of it for hitting dead angles. Shift action sets your whip to the element corresponding to latest charged technique used, and shifting again resets it to keep default element
Example for PAs
-Double Slash : neutral PA : two slashes in front of you. sweetspot at mid-distance, raw damage increase
-Blitz Whip :Lightning PA rolls the whip around your hand and lounges for an unrefined gut punch. Sweetspot is point blank range : stuns + shocks the enemy along with damage bonus.
-A.Zero Shower : throws your whip upwards at a long distance while backstepping, creating an orb in the air that creates a lasting ice dagger rain expanding in a cone fashion. Sweetspot is the dead center of the cone that has a perfect 100% freeze rate and topples enemies, and damage falls off as you reach the exterior of it
-Endless Maelstrom : (wind) creates a tornado that quickly moves forward while growing. Sweetpsot is when tornado reaches maximum size, gaining more damage and a suction effect[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yeah, nothing better to do with my life. If game gets something even remotely similar. I would be genuinely surprised and happy.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 24, 2016, 08:16 AM
This would take like a 30 minute video to explain myself and how I've arrived at this conclusion. All signs point to Algol, and End of the Millenium is being erased from the timeline.

loafhero
Sep 24, 2016, 08:25 AM
I'd be quite interested in how PSO2 interprets the Algol system, assuming if they are even going to do it.

Zysets
Sep 24, 2016, 01:28 PM
I'd be quite interested in how PSO2 interprets the Algol system, assuming if they are even going to do it.

I'd love to see Algol in a newer game, but I wouldn't want it to be part of PSO2. Maybe another offline game, set after PSIV, involving the Great Light as the antagonist since they've already dealt with the Profound Darkness. Rieko Kodama, designer and writer for the original series, has said that she would like be involved in a proper Phantasy Star V if I remember correctly, so I'd be more than glad to see it, bring back Yuji Naka too if they can.

I can see a collab event with PSO2, but I wouldn't want the two universes to intersect beyond fan service and promotion.

Roe
Sep 24, 2016, 07:30 PM
Level 150 cap lots of new talents for each class A Labyrinth area that the walls Shift every so often
We need a Jungle area also

We need A Magical scythe Wielding class something akin to Eve from Vindictus

Meteor Weapon
Sep 24, 2016, 08:40 PM
About Yuji Naka I've seen a lot said that he has it's down as well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812413&page=1

Fusionxglave
Sep 24, 2016, 11:33 PM
I Actually had an idea for R/T-ATK hybrid, will never see the light, but you can let me dream for 30 lines or so. Since it's completely pointless and won't bring anything relevant, on top of being uselessly long I spoiler-ed it. Read at your own risk, or better don't read and skip to do more interesting stuff xD.

[SPOILER-BOX]TUNER

A class that specializes in crowd control. Typically uses drones to set various traps, and uses photon whips for self-defense. Can use techs but not compounds.

Weapons : Drone gloves, Photon whip

Drone gloves (R-ATK) : Self-explanatory : equip the gloves, have little drones near you : PAs would mix moving drones directly for long-range strikes and setting drones for various effects (turret-type shooting, gravity/weakening field) .You can get up to 3 different drones up and recall them with shift action and reposition them while keeping gear up. Gear would raise the longer drones are set and each gear level makes them more and more powerful. Once gear is completely filled gear resets. Each drone has its own increase gear rate, and those rates add up, meaning you'd have to choose carefully which/how many drones to deploy and when to recall them to maximize lv 3 gear uptime.
PA examples
-Drone arrow : self explanatory send a piercing drone forward.
-Buzzing whirl : calls two drones to turn around you and deal damage : basic dron-ey Gifoie if you'd like
Zalure applier : Set-type drone : Sets a zone in which every monster takes up more damage. raises as Gear level rise (prolly stg like 15% > 25% > 40%)
-Satellite striker : Set-type drone : sets a drone in the sky that does literally nothing. Once gear is completely filled, drone releases a powerful AoE from above.

Photon whip: A whip (not a wired lance) That has the unique ability to store photons and release them in the form of elemental attacks (obv would scale on T-ATK). Unlike drones, it would be a versatile weapon to deal with situations where it would be too hard to charge/use drones effectively. You'd have a few neutral PAs that align with your element weapon, and elemental PAs that have their own element regardless of weapon's element. Each of the normals and PA have a "sweetspot" a "normal" and a "dead angle" distance, first one resulting in a lot more damage and special effects, second one being "normal" and "dead angle" being weaker. Gear increases each time your hit a sweetspot with a PA and boosts ONLY tech damage (20% > 35% > 50%). slowly decreases naturally, and you lose a chunk of it for hitting dead angles. Shift action sets your whip to the element corresponding to latest charged technique used, and shifting again resets it to keep default element
Example for PAs
-Double Slash : neutral PA : two slashes in front of you. sweetspot at mid-distance, raw damage increase
-Blitz Whip :Lightning PA rolls the whip around your hand and lounges for an unrefined gut punch. Sweetspot is point blank range : stuns + shocks the enemy along with damage bonus.
-A.Zero Shower : throws your whip upwards at a long distance while backstepping, creating an orb in the air that creates a lasting ice dagger rain expanding in a cone fashion. Sweetspot is the dead center of the cone that has a perfect 100% freeze rate and topples enemies, and damage falls off as you reach the exterior of it
-Endless Maelstrom : (wind) creates a tornado that quickly moves forward while growing. Sweetpsot is when tornado reaches maximum size, gaining more damage and a suction effect[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yeah, nothing better to do with my life. If game gets something even remotely similar. I would be genuinely surprised and happy.

Very Creative I would say this would be quite a good class

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 25, 2016, 02:15 PM
Level 150 cap lots of new talents for each class A Labyrinth area that the walls Shift every so often

i want a weapon somethink like have fiona or berserker / destructive class like are hurk or karok

Tymek
Sep 25, 2016, 03:18 PM
People WANT the Vita version shut down?... :/

Pyrei
Sep 25, 2016, 03:44 PM
lets see what I want for ep5...

class - ranged/tech class that pairs well with gunner preferably.

race - if we ever get beasts ill happily remake my main and spend tons making him

PAs/techs - Special arts for all non Fo and Te classes that use the coumpound tech system of charging a gauge for a super move that devastates foes, 1 special art for each weapon, effects vary based on what weapon is used, except for Gunslash these arts will be mainclass only, wand will have one of these as well that fills with normal attacks

new support techs for Fo and Te -
accell (fire, increases speed of all actions by 20% includes running speed, sharable for all players, no skills buff its effect, only buffs its duration and field)
bartiverse (creates a blizzard of ice that none may pass through in a direction of your choosing, has same properties as barriers, same width as rabarta)
zalure (lightning, reduces enemies defense stat by 15%, only effects one enemy at a time per caster)
??? (drew a blank on a wind tech name lol) (places an orb on a target that increases the rate of all status aliments, effects all targets including bosses)
sagrants (light, creates a barrier around the caster that when broken, explodes and deals heavy light dmg to hostile enemy and absorbs the blow of the attack taken, counter skill for fo and te, only works on 1 target, cannot miss, only absorbs 1 hit)
jellen (dark, reduces atk of enemies by 15%, only effects one enemy at a time per caster)

field changes -
add XH to all free fields as lv75 monsters,
assign 1 existing 13* series to each field as a drop (non invade/austere ofc)
make gal gryphon, odin and several other bosses spawn with reduced HP

AQs - add Tokyo, las vegas, shironia, kuron and faculty to the AQ list, make kuron/Tokyo 13* stones and 13*s themselves drop there

EQs - add a new difficulty to EQs where mobs can dodge attacks and all targets resist weak bullet shots, HP and atk change will be small.

collabs - make an actual collab with sonic the hedgehog series with LAs, suits, camos, new music disks, and a new LQ

rings -
P. blade homming - makes Photon blades shot from Dual blades home in on target, same stats as bow homming ring
gunslash mode: slayer - changes movement to a sprint, buffs power of all striking animations on gunslash by 25%, grants 1% hp steal on all attacks, alters various gunslash PAs in return for 5% hp drain per second from user's HP, lasts 30 seconds, 120 second CD, is canceled automatically if hp = 1
gunslash mode: slinger - changes movement to a hover, buffs power of all ranged animations on gunslash by 25%, grants 1% hp steal on all attacks, enables rapid fire gunslash bullets, alters various gunslash PAs in return for 5% hp drain per second from user's HP, lasts 30 seconds, 120 second CD, is canceled automatically if hp = 1
Vicious Pet - makes pets auto attack any target within range at all times
Pacifist Pet - pet returns to player if there is no input
Symbol of bonds - creates JA rings for all Pet attacks, enables all skills relating to JAs
flame/ice/lightning/wind/light/dark ring - adds burn/freeze/shock/mirage/panic/poison to all non tech attacks, includes pet attacks

gabor100
Sep 25, 2016, 04:42 PM
Drop the weapon ★ system so that people stop using ungrinded/bad potential weapons just because it's shiny 13★.

Remove unit grind system or meke NT units, weapons come/drop with 10501/10601.

Make it so that you need to max one stance first to unlock Atk/Dex/Hp/Def Up skills and Rare Mastery.

TheFanaticViper
Sep 27, 2016, 08:03 AM
EP4 have 0 connection with PSO Blue Burst Ep4, before even thinking about EP5, SEGA has to do something about it. It's not very complicated, just a little side story where you replace :
- Crater / Subterranean Desert by UTL Amduscia cavern
- Meteor crash by PD's fragment crash
- Rupika by Matoi (sorry Matoi :-D)
- The army by Photoners
- Saint Milion / Shambertin by a new form of PD

Zysets
Sep 27, 2016, 10:28 AM
As far as connections to PSO go, I'd imagine the best we'd get is remixed or returning music tracks during the boss fight at the end, whoever that boss may be.

PokeminMaster
Sep 27, 2016, 10:56 AM
As far as connections to PSO go, I'd imagine the best we'd get is remixed or returning music tracks during the boss fight at the end, whoever that boss may be.

The cool part is that IDOLA the Fanatic Viper could fit a Phantom themed superboss so well; but question is, was that even the final boss theme? I barely remember Episode IV, but I recall being told that the IDOLA track wasn't specifically for the boss

D-Inferno
Sep 27, 2016, 11:31 AM
IDOLA Viper is used for Shambertin from the Point of Disaster quest. If you find Kondi, you get Saint Million's tune instead.

I'm expect Ep4's final boss to take cues from PSII for obvious reasons.

TheFanaticViper
Sep 27, 2016, 11:34 AM
IDOLA the Fanatic Viper is for Shambertin, an alternative boss in the mission "Point of disaster".
He looks different of Saint Milion, the regular boss (a giant worm) but it's the same fight.

I'm afraid SEGA will not use Shambertin or Saint milion theme for the final boss because for story has nothing in common with PSO1, unlike the previous episodes :-(

EDIT : Sun Sol you are faster than me :-D

Zysets
Sep 27, 2016, 12:21 PM
IDOLA Viper is used for Shambertin from the Point of Disaster quest. If you find Kondi, you get Saint Million's tune instead.

I'm expect Ep4's final boss to take cues from PSII for obvious reasons.

Mother Brain, right. I'd actually love for Mother to be a reimagining of Mother Brain if we fight her with a big boss form, that'd be pretty great.

I'd like to see PSII's Death Place in an early phase of the fight, IDOLA The Fanatic Viper in the middle, with The Whole New World to finish it off, like usual.

ayaldev
Sep 27, 2016, 05:16 PM
EP5? I just want new 'tower defense' EQs, I like those a lot... like Moon-Base Defense wooo

Shad0owdruid
Sep 27, 2016, 05:52 PM

i would like ajungle area too just like in pso 1 episode 2 :)

Shad0owdruid
Sep 27, 2016, 05:54 PM
Can we just leave Earth, please..?

That!

Great Pan
Sep 27, 2016, 07:05 PM
PVP Mode. Wanna stomp those shitty gear players flat for long time.

Anduril
Sep 27, 2016, 07:10 PM
Class that utilizes a Phantasy Star Zero-style Slicer.
A planet with an actual futuristic civilization on it (since inter-dimensional travel is a thing now, maybe a dimension where the Photoners never fell, and all the [PD] and Mother Cluster shenanigans have begun to leak Darkers into their reality).
Just let us have lv100 and readjust all previous difficulties to this. 75 feels like such a stupid place to be stopped, just like how PSU stopped at 180 instead of 200.
Remove the difficulty names and just replace them with Star levels (ie. turn Normal into ★, Hard into ★★, VH into ★★★, etc.) to get away from having to come up with new adjectives and avoiding the ridiculousness of the C, B, A, S, SS of PSU.

loafhero
Sep 27, 2016, 07:56 PM
- Make ARKS feel like the underdogs again, raise the stakes and have us faced against legitimately threatening and seemingly unfair odds. Have the next planet be filled with highly militaristic inhabitants/monstrous inhabitants. No more overly primitive planets. They successfully captured that feel of high stakes and unfair odds in Tower Defense quests so do that again with an entire planet.

- Dynasty Warriors style base control quests complete with commanding fodder an army mechanic.Throw in the speed panels from the Tokyo map to keep things fast paced.

- Space dogfights.

Zysets
Sep 27, 2016, 08:01 PM
- Space dogfights.

I was honestly hoping the planes in the Yamato mission to be more of a threat because of this. Not "space" dogfights, but I would have liked to, actually had to care about the planes, that would have been cool.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 30, 2016, 08:01 AM
i want EQ every 2 hours like in 13:00 EQ and next one in 15:00

and new dyfficulty named Raid for fresh lv 75 where will be killing rockbear / bal rodos / quartz dragon / gvanahda / guar zigmorde / train chidoran like 30 min or more somethink same amout of hp like XH magatsu or PD

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2016, 08:04 AM
An air force division expansion would be cool to see, but with the way our maps are designed, i'm not sure how well it would all meld together.

cheapgunner
Sep 30, 2016, 08:09 AM
New techs that increase player movement/attack speed and one that can decrease enemies' speed ( in. Slow And haste ).

Make the areas and maps we already have for more exploration. Like urban EQS, going up into the parking garage.

Give us boss fights like MP2 Echoes where once we whittle a boss's HP down, darker possession transforms it, like. Rockbear into Wolgahda.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 30, 2016, 02:28 PM
Space Exploration

ratatosk
Sep 30, 2016, 06:37 PM
A class or feature that uses the infinity blast attacks from PSP2I. Or maybe how persona fights in Profound darkness fight? Idk i'll just go back to my corner

PokeminMaster
Sep 30, 2016, 08:42 PM
Along similar lines to the fifth ability from Warframe? That would certainly be interesting...

Zysets
Sep 30, 2016, 09:18 PM
A class or feature that uses the infinity blast attacks from PSP2I. Or maybe how persona fights in Profound darkness fight? Idk i'll just go back to my corner

Wouldn't Persona's fight really just be Techs + Over End?

loafhero
Oct 1, 2016, 12:12 AM
- Include the ability to instantly switch to other weapons by using the PA of that other weapon. Make it possible to add a PA from a specific weapon into different a weapon's palette. Using that other weapon's PA will have your character instantly switch to that weapon.

silo1991
Oct 1, 2016, 01:37 AM
that would create crazy and smoked combos.

loafhero
Oct 1, 2016, 02:10 AM
that would create crazy and smoked combos.

Its something akin to the Devil may Cry or Bayonetta games which features swift transitioning of different weapons and each weapons special moves. Plus, its super convenient.

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2016, 02:57 AM
That's actually a thing in Nova. The problem with trying to do it in PSO2 though, is the delay when you switch weapons. You can minimize it if you don't have much lag, but it's always kinda there. I don't think it would work with the game's current infrastructure.

PokeminMaster
Oct 1, 2016, 02:28 PM
didn't they just recently showcase weapon switching mid combo? The person did something like Symphonic Drive > Quake Howling > Surprise Dunk I think

isCasted
Oct 1, 2016, 02:55 PM
At first I thought so too, but no. It's just regular weapon switching with non-existant ping. It was done simply to show that you can use all Fighter's skill ring abilities at once if you add them to 12* units. Weapon switching doesn't even give JA circles, so it's quite impractical even with JP-tier ping.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Oct 2, 2016, 01:50 AM
why not make one open world map where can do alot things and no exit campship kill boss enter campship fly to home

Shad0owdruid
Oct 2, 2016, 02:56 AM
here my list!

-I would like some new races like angel (with feather ears) or beast
-New coumpound tech :p yeah i can dream
-Implement a new 13* ring named *Red Ring Rico* do something awsome
-A ragol like story and or returning on ragol with their map!!
-Increase level cap
-More casino game
-Range/tech hybrid build<
-More skilltree diversity
-XH all field...
-Fashion editing now save eyes pattern ,voices selection and makeup... plz

-Episode 4 was a bad joke ...we leave earth k?...K bye

wefwq
Oct 2, 2016, 04:34 AM
why not make one open world map where can do alot things and no exit campship kill boss enter campship fly to home

You clearly don't understand how game design and development works.

loafhero
Oct 3, 2016, 06:13 AM
Maybe bring in a card mini game similar to PSO Episode III but only as a minigame.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Oct 4, 2016, 08:41 AM
Maybe bring in a card mini game similar to PSO Episode III but only as a minigame.

should be puted to casino

DRAGONxNOGARD
Oct 6, 2016, 07:20 AM
will be nice coupounded photon arts somethink like guren tensen with sakura endo combo

reinforcers
Jan 25, 2017, 02:00 AM
for me I wish, there a card mini game between players something like FF8 or FF9 style. also, new hybrid class, we already got Braver strike-range and Bouncer Strike-tech, we still dont have range-tech though, or maybe make a story that ARKs able to learn darker art maybe so we get new class that have darker power ... that would be great

TheAstarion
Jan 25, 2017, 10:23 PM
Besides that, I just really hope Persona isn't forgotten. Xiao is trying to figure out a way to permanently beat PD, and Persona is still looping that segment of time, so I hope that gets resolved. Maybe that's where the current story might head to in the end? Who knows.

Personal theory is that PC of episode 4 is a clone and the real PC from episode 1-3 is working with Xiao directly. The reason Matoi isn't literally all over you is because it's not the same you.

Or you're playing an amnesiac Persona and your last Falzy act was to passive-aggressively infect Aru!Hitsugi with space aids.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2017, 10:28 PM
oh no I thought Dragon was back but its just someone necro'ing another thread

Zysets
Jan 26, 2017, 01:25 AM

I'm laughing this was good

Keilyn
Jan 26, 2017, 03:10 AM
Some of you have created decent lists...
I will contribute two things I want:

The first is I want Explorable Mode to be Revamped into the following:

Explorable Mode:
~Solo Explorable (What we have now)
~Party Explorable (Intended for 4 players with tougher monsters and better rewards, etc)
~Endless Nightmare (Intended for 12 players with no mercy for the 12 players)

Lets just say that Endless Nightmare will turn unorganized pugs into kitty litter pretty quickly! I want the pain to be so real that it will hurt after you lose! ..all the way to feeling proud and happy when this round is beaten by a good group. Gives teams something too aspire for than just being a Chat-Group all day long.

2) Resource Scaling

A game I play right now has this, and I must say that this is an amazing system which does two things to the gaming experience:

1) Rewards Players who focus and are dedicated to One Character (rather than relying on many Alts)
2) Allows Endgame players to help Non-Endgame players without having severe penalties

Resource Scaling means that when a Higher Level character Joins a Lower Level Character, a cap is created.

The Higher Level Character is given an Attack Power Limit and Defense Power Limit. However, the game takes into account the iLvL (or Equipment Grade Level) and character level of the higher level character. What this does is give an EXP Bonus to the lower level character and slight increase in attributes temporarily, While the Lower Level Character is in close proximity to the Higher Level character, their combined damage is tallied. If the Lower Level character manages to Reach at least 20% of the total damage, scaling up to 40%, The Higher Level Character is given a Drop Bonus to having a drop fall that is based around the iLvL of the character in the difficulty the iLvL and Level of the character would fall under.

This means that if I was playing Hard Mode with a Level 21 player,
what would happen is that my Attack Power, Defense Power, and PA Strength would fall closer to the Level 21 - 40 range of damage.
However, as long as the lower player has a 20% - 40% of the total damage (heals help too) between the two, A drop rate bonus is triggered in which allows the Higher Level player (in this case it would be an Endgame Player) to have access to drops that would normally fall on XH. This is only available for the Higher Level Character.... as it takes Equipment Grade and Character Level into account.

This allows a Higher Level character to help a lower level character without having to choose to become compromised or lose time helping others. This also shows the Lower Level character that the higher level character has some skill and knows the game because he or she can not just give the lower level character a quick win thanks to Attribute and Ability Caps being in place. The lower level character learns basics and courage, while the higher level character shows he has tactics, efficiency, positioning, and leadership in order to win... and not just brute force.

You might be thinking that you can let the Lower Level character do all the damage. In this system if the lower level character's damage exceeds over 60% of the total damage in-proximity, there is no Bonus. It has to stay with between 20% and 59% always or you get no bonus. Every 10% starting from 20% up to 40% gets a bonus increase (20%, 30%, 40%)

Note: Originally I had my doubts to this system. However, it was implemented very well. The time I had in using this system is what made me happy enough in the current game I play to finally replace PSO-2 completely to the point I only log into PSO-2 if someone asks me to play or if there is something I care about in the fashion world.

So I hardly play Pathetic Soloing Online 2 ^_^

Raujinn
Jan 26, 2017, 03:04 PM
Honestly I doubt they'd really go back and shake up old content too much. It'd be potentially nice, but the relative success they're having probably means they don't wanna rock the boat too much. It'd be nice for them to revitalize abandoned content here and there and I'm sure they will but I'm much more concerned about that they do going forward.

At the very least, I kinda just wanna go back to anime space bullshit rather than anime earth bullshit. I enjoyed Episode 4 for the dumb mess that it was but I'd prefer we go back into arriving at new alien worlds and slaughtering the wildlife on it. Maybe it's because Episode 3 was Space Japan and Episode 4 was Actual Japan that I'm just like... can we do the alien thing again? Exploring new worlds and the stories on them might be a cool thing to do again. At the very least turn our attention back to the stars in one way or another.

Oh and I should add I mean new alien stuff not pandering to PSO or PSU nostalgia thanks.

If they did that and continued the QoL and general improvements we've been seeing throughout Episode 4 I'd be happy enough. I'm not setting a terribly high bar.

Zorak000
Jan 26, 2017, 03:11 PM
slicers please

a full skill tree redo (looking at the skills themselves this time instead of just making the trees more efficient, granted I did like that)

ZerotakerZX
Jan 26, 2017, 03:25 PM
Some of you have created decent lists...
I will contribute two things I want:

The first is I want Explorable Mode to be Revamped into the following:

Explorable Mode:
~Solo Explorable (What we have now)
~Party Explorable (Intended for 4 players with tougher monsters and better rewards, etc)
~Endless Nightmare (Intended for 12 players with no mercy for the 12 players)

Lets just say that Endless Nightmare will turn unorganized pugs into kitty litter pretty quickly! I want the pain to be so real that it will hurt after you lose! ..all the way to feeling proud and happy when this round is beaten by a good group. Gives teams something too aspire for than just being a Chat-Group all day long.

2) Resource Scaling

A game I play right now has this, and I must say that this is an amazing system which does two things to the gaming experience:

1) Rewards Players who focus and are dedicated to One Character (rather than relying on many Alts)
2) Allows Endgame players to help Non-Endgame players without having severe penalties

Resource Scaling means that when a Higher Level character Joins a Lower Level Character, a cap is created.

The Higher Level Character is given an Attack Power Limit and Defense Power Limit. However, the game takes into account the iLvL (or Equipment Grade Level) and character level of the higher level character. What this does is give an EXP Bonus to the lower level character and slight increase in attributes temporarily, While the Lower Level Character is in close proximity to the Higher Level character, their combined damage is tallied. If the Lower Level character manages to Reach at least 20% of the total damage, scaling up to 40%, The Higher Level Character is given a Drop Bonus to having a drop fall that is based around the iLvL of the character in the difficulty the iLvL and Level of the character would fall under.

This means that if I was playing Hard Mode with a Level 21 player,
what would happen is that my Attack Power, Defense Power, and PA Strength would fall closer to the Level 21 - 40 range of damage.
However, as long as the lower player has a 20% - 40% of the total damage (heals help too) between the two, A drop rate bonus is triggered in which allows the Higher Level player (in this case it would be an Endgame Player) to have access to drops that would normally fall on XH. This is only available for the Higher Level Character.... as it takes Equipment Grade and Character Level into account.

This allows a Higher Level character to help a lower level character without having to choose to become compromised or lose time helping others. This also shows the Lower Level character that the higher level character has some skill and knows the game because he or she can not just give the lower level character a quick win thanks to Attribute and Ability Caps being in place. The lower level character learns basics and courage, while the higher level character shows he has tactics, efficiency, positioning, and leadership in order to win... and not just brute force.

You might be thinking that you can let the Lower Level character do all the damage. In this system if the lower level character's damage exceeds over 60% of the total damage in-proximity, there is no Bonus. It has to stay with between 20% and 59% always or you get no bonus. Every 10% starting from 20% up to 40% gets a bonus increase (20%, 30%, 40%)

Note: Originally I had my doubts to this system. However, it was implemented very well. The time I had in using this system is what made me happy enough in the current game I play to finally replace PSO-2 completely to the point I only log into PSO-2 if someone asks me to play or if there is something I care about in the fashion world.

So I hardly play Pathetic Soloing Online 2 ^_^

Wow, let's just remove levels altogether, same effects, but simple

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2017, 08:31 PM
slicers please
a full skill tree redo (looking at the skills themselves this time instead of just making the trees more efficient, granted I did like that)
Been waiting on a lot of things for this game to happen and by the time it even hits its 10yr closer the game will probably be in the right spot, I think PSU spoiled us a bit with the wide variety of weapons but man, it feels like with the money their making its literally no excuse for them to not be able to push most of this stuff out in a good amount of time yet stuff just comes at a slow pace. "well its f2p" sure w/e pal and not only that this literally has been a "how to make and manage an MMO" for them with all the "lets test this then refine/revamp that if it doesnt work out well" updates.

Wow, let's just remove levels altogether, same effects, but simple
you werent suppose to reply to him since he posted seriously to a thread thats been dead for awhile, this was probably best left dead until the approaching end of Ep4 and teasers to Ep5

DRAGONxNOGARD
Jan 27, 2017, 01:24 PM

what you said? XD

.razor.
Jan 27, 2017, 01:55 PM

hahahahaha

ArcaneTechs
Jan 27, 2017, 07:07 PM
what you said? XD
I had a feeling you still lurked around, I know some others do still despite not posting for over a year (or posting under a new name), nobody truly ever leaves psow