PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Tokyo TA thread

milranduil
Sep 21, 2016, 03:58 AM
discuss your thoughts, likes, dislikes etc.

here's my personal best so far while solo'ing. train is definitely free field HP, not arks quest. many mobs are reduced HP while others are not at all, it's kind of weird. can't decide what i think of it atm.

[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/rkw2q/dbfe8273bb.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 05:02 AM
First impression: Jet Boots BO/HU is definitely the wrong class to do it with.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 21, 2016, 06:26 AM
haven't gotten a chance to run it yet but does Klotho have a CO for it?

Xaeris
Sep 21, 2016, 06:30 AM
He does not. Apparently, Klotho believes running fast like Sonic is its own reward. It kinda is.

Zephyrion
Sep 21, 2016, 07:08 AM
I've tried it only once and I kinda like it, another TA that doesn't require a BR sub is nice to have, although train area seems to hugely favor high damage classes that don't rely on weakpoints classes (FI/HU and FO/TE sound like a solid pick here, could be wrong since this just came out, more of a gut feeling). Still think overall it's a very nice TA, time will tell if fun sticks after several runs !

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2016, 08:18 AM
The mobs with reduced hp are the ones you're meant to kick. This quest doesn't feel as worth it compared to the more straight forward ones. The mobs give exp, but the only drops you'd get are from the event at the end as the mobs don't drop anything

EDIT: Also I got S rank with 13:51 on XH. So eh, it's soloable if there's a DO for it I guess.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 21, 2016, 08:26 AM
My initial thought in 2 words....

Hardcore Parkour....

milranduil
Sep 21, 2016, 12:24 PM
First impression: Jet Boots BO/HU is definitely the wrong class to do it with.

ponthi is doing 3:4x with bohu atm. jet boots for the few spawns you do kill, but DB for train.

updated my time.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 01:00 PM
ponthi is doing 3:4x with bohu atm. jet boots for the few spawns you do kill, but DB for train.

updated my time.

That's what I mean; Boots take too long to kill Ghidoran to be efficient. I play Jet Boots only because I haven't specced for DBs.

milranduil
Sep 21, 2016, 01:13 PM
That's what I mean; I play Jet Boots only because I haven't specced for DBs.

JB aren't bad for train, but it is a bit slower. maybe try some of these strats if you're having some trouble

[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5YCVN33bhw
[/spoiler-box]

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 01:15 PM
Also messed up my times because of analog stick issues.

JB aren't bad for train, but it is a bit slower. maybe try some of these strats if you're having some trouble

[spoiler-box]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5YCVN33bhw
[/spoiler-box]

Instant cast Nazan exists? I guess I should go craft that.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 21, 2016, 03:10 PM
Its not as good as I thought it would be. I've expected somehtin like Tokyo team room. Its ok overall, but I'll stick to Kuron TA.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 03:51 PM
If you do the SH Nab II > VH Black Territory x 4 rotation, you can probably swap out Nab II with Tokyo if you're willing to give up 60k.

milranduil
Sep 21, 2016, 06:04 PM
If you do the SH Nab II > VH Black Territory x 4 rotation, you can probably swap out Nab II with Tokyo if you're willing to give up 60k.

why though nab2 is faster lol

Eternal255
Sep 21, 2016, 06:26 PM
Aside for entertainment purposes, is there any reason to even bother with this TA, or is it another pointless one like the other new one?

Xaelouse
Sep 21, 2016, 06:33 PM
The purpose is for Sega to put in TA rankings for a few weeks before they and everyone else completely forgets the quest's existence

Eternal255
Sep 21, 2016, 07:11 PM
Haha thats lame. I hope they add a klotho CO for it, even if its just a 60k one.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 07:15 PM
why though nab2 is faster lol

Meh, depends on if you're actually faster at Nab II. I know I'm not.

Raujinn
Sep 21, 2016, 07:55 PM
I'm faster at Nab2 on most alts but I'll run this one every so often like I do with Traces; just something different to do without taking as long as some of the other TAs. Exception for my Hunter as I can do Traces SH the fastest for some reason..

wefwq
Sep 22, 2016, 12:28 AM
I found that if you don't falling off at platforming section you can skip one spawn point though it doesn't mean too much for average players since the spawn size is quite small and you guys probably can kill them all in less than 10 seconds, still mean a lot for whose aiming to beat sanic.

Aside for entertainment purposes, is there any reason to even bother with this TA, or is it another pointless one like the other new one?
It's quite short compared to few TAs, you can add this quest into your TACO playlist just so you don't doze off during run.
Still can't beat Kuron or possibly Nab II in terms of speedrun though.

Haha thats lame. I hope they add a klotho CO for it, even if its just a 60k one.
They maybe will add quest-based CO later like the other TA quest (60k one).

Zorak000
Sep 22, 2016, 11:40 AM
it's another TA that you can get XH abducted from, but if you are going for that you probably want to be good enough to clear Tracers of Darkness on XH quickly instead

Keilyn
Sep 22, 2016, 12:17 PM
Don't know what to make of this one....
If I wanted to play Sonic The Hedgehog, I would have just loaded that game instead...
Though its nice to at least have something like this exist...
So I am on the fence on this one...

Pretty much a Giant Question Mark above my head, which I don't know if I will bend further into a period, or straighten outward into an Exclamation Point...

Eternal255
Sep 22, 2016, 06:26 PM
Wait so you actually race against sonic or something? Hmm... perhaps I'll have to try this one out then haha

milranduil
Sep 22, 2016, 06:50 PM
Wait so you actually race against sonic or something? Hmm... perhaps I'll have to try this one out then haha

not literally no.

updated time again (3:12)