PDA

View Full Version : So whats the idea behind standing by the 30's gate for EQ's instead of starting it?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 21, 2016, 06:31 AM
Probably doesn't need it's own thread but as of lately I'm getting a bit more frustrated with either slow start EQ's or people who KNOW it's 12/12 and everyone else is trying to manage as many runs as possible during the 30min period aren't starting the gate asap so the moment people start pouring it the quest can start right away etc enough time to squeeze an extra run if RNG is gracious.

Anyways, stuff like TD for example, why don't people start gates asap? it's not just West players, JP do it too and I've just been curious since we're all trying to get drops etc you would think we would try to squeeze in as many runs as we can

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2016, 06:35 AM
Yeah I don't know. I know during Regiment I want at least 4 runs. So start it asap.

It would also be possible to get 5 runs during the Riding Quest total score Ark Leagues if people started it asap. 5 runs = 11 mins. 2:30 for start up. leaves 2:30 for seeing if you get any 13*s and restarting the quest... I think anyway.

oratank
Sep 21, 2016, 06:41 AM
i think this word can explain it "casual"

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 06:46 AM
Personally, when I see 11/12 or 12/12, I either start and stop the teleporter to call players first, or I just start it. It's possible people just don't want to take the initiative.

Keilyn
Sep 21, 2016, 07:15 AM
Probably doesn't need it's own thread but as of lately I'm getting a bit more frustrated with either slow start EQ's or people who KNOW it's 12/12 and everyone else is trying to manage as many runs as possible during the 30min period aren't starting the gate asap so the moment people start pouring it the quest can start right away etc enough time to squeeze an extra run if RNG is gracious.

Anyways, stuff like TD for example, why don't people start gates asap? it's not just West players, JP do it too and I've just been curious since we're all trying to get drops etc you would think we would try to squeeze in as many runs as we can

You are facing this because the game does not update well when everyone is running the EQs at the same time. When you first enter the EQ, you will get a count of the number of players that exist. If its 11 or 12 usually the teleporter is started, but this game has a nasty problem in not updating in real time. I could see something like 7/12 and a teleporter will start up because another read it as 12/12. There are times I enter the map and it reads 2/12 and I try to see the count, switching in and out of the screen to find it reads 2/12. I go to the surface and its like 10/12...

This happens a lot in EQs where its everyone who is initiating and instancing the EQ at the same time.

The best thing would be if all the players just got their drink and rushed to the Surface, but that doesn't happen all the time...

Tunga
Sep 21, 2016, 07:25 AM
I'm not really liking the idea of UQ amdu having a teleporter and waiting for it to be 12/12 to start. Not a problem at first but when activity dials down it's going to be annoying.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2016, 07:26 AM
You can start the gate yourself you know? Like Altiea said, some people just aren't used to taking initiative. For a long time I thought the teleporter just started automatically when there was 12 people.

isCasted
Sep 21, 2016, 07:35 AM
A person who loads the fastest should be the one starting it. There's no reason to be fooled by shitty MPA counter during EQs unless you started too late.

oratank
Sep 21, 2016, 08:16 AM
yeah finish the first run in 8 min go to teleport asap check mpa 4/12 wait for 2 min still 4/12. ok i am not the fast one i am a late guy. wait for normal speed mpa to fill in :-?

Ziel
Sep 21, 2016, 08:24 AM
Some people go down and wait at the teleporter, others don´t and wait in campship to see if that 3/12 turns into a 10/12 or better yet 12/12, there´s this little possibility that only one person is down and all 5 others are camping ship spamming "join another party" in case there´s a 10/12 one available to ditch your arses, some do, which also extends the time your current MPA takes to fill, there´s also those who go down and never check the current MPA count (by quickly pressing ESC) and wait only when they see a substantial amount of players near them to start it since as other people have said, most players are "shy" to start the teleporter themselves.

I do camp ship but i continously spam check the MPA count list and once it reaches a certain number of people i go to the teleporter and force start it if its 10 or more.

Gotta "love" this block system, 2 minutes late and you struggle to find a full group.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 21, 2016, 08:35 AM
I don't know about you guys, but when pugging, I feel like the MPA likes to take their sweet time so I end up having to "rush that shit" and force enemy spawns and E-Trials for points in order to get that 4th run. But I don't spawn stuff at the other end of the map, however, I make sure that the MPA is not too far behind.

Kondibon
Sep 21, 2016, 08:50 AM
Bystander Effect: The Thread

freyt
Sep 21, 2016, 04:54 PM
I don't really think "Oh I don't want to do it" or "Maybe someone else wants to do it."

I just think "I don't really care, I'll stand here for 30 minutes." If it's an EQ I care about spamming, then I'll go for it, but pretty much none of the EQ's that can be spammed are ones that I care about.

CoWorker
Sep 21, 2016, 08:10 PM
Also isn't there a exploit on Nyau spawning from Beach Wars 2015? Just like UQ Anga farm where a 12 private MPA start on separate rooms, run around till the 1st trial code is Nyau and hoping that Gel Gryphon spawns and call everyone to join over and get easy Gal Weapons

SEGA caught wind of it and started the whole 30 sec gate warp to every "run around in circles" EQ

ArcaneTechs
Sep 21, 2016, 10:50 PM
i think this word can explain it "casual"
Ya but even I think Casual players like 13* drops too even theyre too lazy to upgrade their gear when their in the lobbies afk with their 40mill LA and 100mill accessories but even then, they should stll start it asap

I'm not really liking the idea of UQ amdu having a teleporter and waiting for it to be 12/12 to start. Not a problem at first but when activity dials down it's going to be annoying.
I'm liking the idea either but it's like every other content release, popular the first few weeks/1month then dies unless theres a RDR boost, unfortunate side effect in this game

You can start the gate yourself you know? Like Altiea said, some people just aren't used to taking initiative. For a long time I thought the teleporter just started automatically when there was 12 people.
Well no shit I can start it myself (which i do) but there are people who load quicker than me or everyone else and still stand there even the ones who have been waiting to fill up have to notice it's 12/12 or a lot of people filling in should be the giveaway to start it

A person who loads the fastest should be the one starting it. There's no reason to be fooled by shitty MPA counter during EQs unless you started too late.
Ya basically

I don't know about you guys, but when pugging, I feel like the MPA likes to take their sweet time so I end up having to "rush that shit" and force enemy spawns and E-Trials for points in order to get that 4th run. But I don't spawn stuff at the other end of the map, however, I make sure that the MPA is not too far behind.
I sort of do the same but I make sure I don't break the map unlike some nice Western players lately who don't care and are almost a full lap around the map. Run up ahead a bit but not too far from the mpa

I don't really think "Oh I don't want to do it" or "Maybe someone else wants to do it."

I just think "I don't really care, I'll stand here for 30 minutes." If it's an EQ I care about spamming, then I'll go for it, but pretty much none of the EQ's that can be spammed are ones that I care about.
Even then, your harming the mpa more than benefiting yourself here, the quicker the runs, the more exp/rares etc you get. It's not elitist it's just common thing to do in general, you want to get the grind over with or w/e is your doing, why not speed it up as much as you can?

Also isn't there a exploit on Nyau spawning from Beach Wars 2015? Just like UQ Anga farm where a 12 private MPA start on separate rooms, run around till the 1st trial code is Nyau and hoping that Gel Gryphon spawns and call everyone to join over and get easy Gal Weapons

SEGA caught wind of it and started the whole 30 sec gate warp to every "run around in circles" EQ
Last year this was a thing but it's been revamped to have Gal spawn at the end and E-Trials are random so even if one could restart it over and over it would be a lost cause. Best thing you can do is clear mobs/bosses/E-Trials asap to get maximum runs and Gryphon spawns

Now if anyone thinks it's an "Elitist" thing to get as many runs as possible for as many drops as possible, you've got the wrong mindset for sure in a game that's all about grind and well RNG.

Also keep in mind, once the teleporter has started, people can still fill in mpa spots, it doesn't cut you off until the countdown is over and you started the run so it doesn't hurt to start it if your like 10/12 and you know people from other runs are finishing around the same time as you that we you still get those extra people in

doomdragon83
Sep 21, 2016, 11:15 PM
When you bring up the menu, there sometimes is a pause before the MPA count shows up. I guess it simply doesn't update fast enough and also it isn't shown in real time like many other things in this game. Because it isn't in real time, some one may see 9/12 when it really is 12/12 and may not start the teleporter because of that.

JoycieC
Sep 22, 2016, 06:01 AM
Just happened to me during current Apprentice EQ.

I went down, nobody started telepipe so I had to.

I really don't understand it...

freyt
Sep 22, 2016, 07:06 AM
Even then, your harming the mpa more than benefiting yourself here, the quicker the runs, the more exp/rares etc you get. It's not elitist it's just common thing to do in general, you want to get the grind over with or w/e is your doing, why not speed it up as much as you can?

If 11/12 people don't care if we start it up, then I don't think I'm particularly harming their endeavors. I'm not exactly out there to optimize my chances or my time. None of the spammable EQ's are ones that I really find worth it to stress over. Pretty much the most valuable one to me right now is Profound Darkness, and whether we started that 15 minutes into it or 0 minutes into it, we're not doing it again.

Loveless62
Sep 22, 2016, 10:09 AM
It's odd how many people are getting worked up (myself included somewhat lol) over RotW when most of the Gal 13*s are junky.

Maybe it's the other things that can drop there, like 13* eggs, Gold badges, or the Kuron zone 13*s (like the Skull Sorceror drop I got). I found a Blast Parfait from Dio hunar there, and I consider it one of my better finds.

Am I missing something?

Edit: I get the point of wanting to make the best use of the EQ time in general, but people are bringing up RotW a lot, and I was just curious about it.

DrCatco
Sep 22, 2016, 10:41 AM

Eh, when I see a 12/12 but no many people at the gate, I just do a "warning start" (activate/deactivate the gate). That way, if anyone is waiting at the campship, they will know that we are ready to start. I only do it once, wait 10 seconds, and then activate the gate for real, if nobody else wants to.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 22, 2016, 10:51 AM
It's odd how many people are getting worked up (myself included somewhat lol) over RotW when most of the Gal 13*s are junky.

Maybe it's the other things that can drop there, like 13* eggs, Gold badges, or the Kuron zone 13*s (like the Skull Sorceror drop I got). I found a Blast Parfait from Dio hunar there, and I consider it one of my better finds.

Am I missing something?

Edit: I get the point of wanting to make the best use of the EQ time in general, but people are bringing up RotW a lot, and I was just curious about it.

some of us have 30%:austere and are trying to gear other classes, so these 13*s make good ele fodder. slow grind but saves money/time etc

Lyrise
Sep 22, 2016, 10:58 AM

Am I missing something?

Emperor Rappy can show up at the end after you meet the points quota. Lots of people are trying to maximize the number of chances they run into it.

Zorak000
Sep 22, 2016, 11:42 AM
at launch your Booster timers used to tick down the moment you left the campship; they changed it years ago so the boosters timers dont run until the teleporter finishes, but I guess some people just haven't caught on yet

doomdragon83
Sep 22, 2016, 01:51 PM
at launch your Booster timers used to tick down the moment you left the campship; they changed it years ago so the boosters timers dont run until the teleporter finishes, but I guess some people just haven't caught on yet

Either that or maybe they are avoiding people looking at their gear and being judged or something. I thought there was a way to hide that but maybe I'm confusing that with something else.

Shirou66
Sep 22, 2016, 06:38 PM
I usually don't start the teleport myself, nevermind rushing it
I like to check on other players equipment and class combination first
before I realize someone's damage out put is actual crap

Me myself would leave the EQ if I'm not ready when they're starting the teleport
I don't know how people in your ship would react to EQ end up with less and less people thought
just give a minute for other players to tidy up their inventory isn't that hard right?

If you really want to do 4 to 5 runs for EQs
go find yourself 11 players and do it with them
You'd get 4 to 5 runs for sure

Fusionxglave
Sep 22, 2016, 08:24 PM
it is probably because not everyone has a fast super speed killing ram computer to play with. Some people lag so badly that they can't even load onto the ship. Other People have patience for them and not everyone is here to get a bunch of runs. Some would like to get a good runs instead of runs they aren't ready for. Have you guys ever had full inventory but didn't know it? Ran out of monomate? didn't grab enough boost? switch the wrong Units? didn't have the right weapon? Bathroom breaks too ya know?

Also the worse of them all D/C

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 22, 2016, 08:50 PM
HA!... "bathroom breaks...".... casual.

*jk*

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 22, 2016, 09:45 PM
HA!... "bathroom breaks...".... casual.

*jk*

You're given at least a 15 minute warning, if you think you might need to pee within the next half hour, go pee before the EQ starts

echofaith
Sep 22, 2016, 09:53 PM
I personally only rush when leveling low classes doing arms and beckoning. For anything else, I just dont care enough to bother. If I see the portal not activated for too long, it means the MPA cares just as much as I do.

wefwq
Sep 22, 2016, 11:37 PM
Various reasonable reason, really.

Not everyone can load field map as fast (caused by player's PC or game server)
Game display current quest participants incorrectly, this usually happen when server under heavy load
Making sure no one leaving before starting quest, this usually only happen for important quest
Waiting for other to be ready, some probably still trying to squeeze storage by selling junks
Not born leader to start teleporter, or just trying to not pissing people off

I don't start teleporter because i just making sure no one gets left behind, though for certain quest like falz arms i'll just make haste at sanic speed.

JCry
Sep 23, 2016, 12:26 AM
This thread has a lot of words and that hurts my head so I'll throw my 2 cents in If it hasn't already been said.
- People with bad internet/bad pc can hurt the MPA if they start it. Have you ever played a Mining base once and a wave of monsters takes like an extra 30 seconds to spawn? It's normally because the area host likely lives on the moon and started the teleporter or plays on an easy bake oven.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 23, 2016, 12:33 AM
As I understand it, it's the first person who loads into the area becomes the host (when there's no teleporter).

So to clarify, if somebody knows, if there's a teleporter, then the person who activates it becomes the host? Or does the 1st person who loads into the area still retain his status as the host?

Masu
Sep 23, 2016, 01:46 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
We get to the important point that prolly no one can 100% safely answer. Who is the host? I have a good computer, far enough to run a game like pso2 but I know my internet is not the best because high latency. I've been aware about it when I ran eqs with team mates and I was party lead and they had heavy lag. I remember a really chaotic TD4 run, with teleporting waves of gold, waves starting late and the like :o So since I am aware of that and even if I don't totally understand how it works, I usually avoid starting teleporter and I avoid even more to be party lead :D

ayaldev
Sep 27, 2016, 05:36 PM
I wish SEGA will make when you started the teleporter, You can also interact around, like accessing inventory, check MPA count etc.. I personally don't want to start the teleporter since I can;t see the party count anymore after I activate it

Keilyn
Sep 27, 2016, 06:25 PM
What about Server-Specific Instances?
Are there any maps that belong directly to the server itself as a host?

I know I run a good computer, and run two different internet connections for different things. Let me put it to you this way... My system is strong enough to host an entire block without lag problems. :)