PDA

View Full Version : Switching through PA's faster. Please help.

DerpyBlakers
Sep 22, 2016, 03:36 PM
I just edited this post to make it simple. How can I map a photon art to a mouse button? basically the same method as NUM1-6 buttons? This would be so much more of a convience, I cant seem to do this with my Logitech Gaming software?

ZerotakerZX
Sep 22, 2016, 03:38 PM
maybe you need a 3rd party software of some kind to bind your mouse keys to the numpad, cause I'm not sure if you can do this via ingame methods.

isCasted
Sep 22, 2016, 04:19 PM
You can thank GameGuard for that. It intercept all input system calls (for example, when I Alt+Tab from the game to browser, there will be input lag at the same time when there are frame drops ingame), blocking pretty much any software that alters your inputs (exceptions are rare), because macros and shiet.
Certain devices store and play back macro bindings from internal memory instead of relying on drivers, and GG can't block that, because it appears like legit input. Your mouse, by the looks of it, is not one of those.

TyroneSama
Sep 22, 2016, 04:42 PM
AutoHotkey scripts work fine here, you just have to run them as admin. If your mouse software isn't flexible enough, you can probably work something out involving that.

DerpyBlakers
Sep 22, 2016, 05:05 PM
You can thank GameGuard for that. It intercept all input system calls (for example, when I Alt+Tab from the game to browser, there will be input lag at the same time when there are frame drops ingame), blocking pretty much any software that alters your inputs (exceptions are rare), because macros and shiet.
Certain devices store and play back macro bindings from internal memory instead of relying on drivers, and GG can't block that, because it appears like legit input. Your mouse, by the looks of it, is not one of those.

I dont get why Gameguard has anything to do with this?
Why would it be positive of why gameguard does this?
I guess only certain mouses can remap buttons in the game?

Batty
Sep 22, 2016, 05:57 PM
or a gaming mouse, some of them are cheap. i use a logitech g600 mouse and have the first 6 side buttons do the fuction of num 1-6 or even directly trigger the PAs for when using 3 button type

isCasted
Sep 23, 2016, 03:28 AM
I dont get why Gameguard has anything to do with this?
Why would it be positive of why gameguard does this?
GameGuard is a rootkit that sticks into your system and routes a lot of things through itself (that includes keylogging), trying to monitor everything to prevent cheating activities (macros are, technically, a form of cheating, because they automate things that players should be doing manually). GameGuard has some sort of understanding of how things should and shouldn't work, and that "understanding" can (and will) mess with legitimate programs (which includes userspace-level "drivers". In the past there have been incidents with Media Player Classic, Chrome, Skype and plenty of other harmless apps).

I guess only certain mouses can remap buttons in the game?
Well, you can try launching something from your gaming software with admin privileges, but it's not likely to work. But yes, there are mice/keyboards that execute custom bindings on a hardware level instead of relying on software, and those can't be detected by anti-cheat bsoftware like GG. You still have to use software to assign those bindings, so outside the game it looks like there's no difference. You have to check device specs to see whether it has internal/on-board memory.

Ziel
Sep 23, 2016, 07:43 AM
IF your mouse has more than 2 buttons, the option to map PA1/PA2/PA3/Trigger (aka shift)/Dodge/activate/lock on to any of the secondary buttons will appear on the KBM config in options, this also includes scroll wheel btw, i have a 6 button mouse, got the lock on, PA2 and PA3 on the mouse

KazeSenoue
Sep 24, 2016, 07:56 PM

Except Game Guard is garbage and doesn't stop any macro softwares from working. To be honest I'd be surprised if it blocked a simple Python script.

Yden
Sep 24, 2016, 08:33 PM
Except Game Guard is garbage and doesn't stop any macro softwares from working. To be honest I'd be surprised if it blocked a simple Python script.

It does do bullshit things like force closes the game if it doesn't like some of your background programs like Firefox.

KazeSenoue
Sep 24, 2016, 08:55 PM
It does do bullshit things like force closes the game if it doesn't like some of your background programs like Firefox.

It crashes things it shouldn't, and lets things it shouldn't go through. Amazing software, 11/10.

freyt
Sep 25, 2016, 12:25 AM
You're not going to get what you're asking for, but I guarantee you that if you haven't already done so, switching to 3 button mode will alleviate a lot of your concerns. You're given 6 PA slots, 2 of which will "probably" be set to normal attack and weapon action, so long as you set them that way (You could have 6 PA's or techs if you wanted). You don't have to go through any particular order for PA's either, it simply works as if it was a tech weapon or a ranger weapon. You're defaulted to your first 3 slots and shift brings up your 2nd 3 slots.

It can take a little bit of getting used to, as if you're dealing with something that has a weapon action (for example: Guarding, Stylish Roll, or Partisan's Whirlwind), then you'll have to start activating those with your mouse instead of Shift. It also means that if you set those, you're only being given 1 extra slot instead of 2. Though you'll still be able to use PA's freely without having to go through any combos.

Batty
Sep 25, 2016, 06:36 AM
most confy way if you´re not using controler would be the gaming mouse, it takes a while to get used to it, but once you do there is no coming back XP here is a small boss rush video i made recently, you can see how i configured my mouse to swap and trigger the PAs directly on the 3 button type with WL and to swap PAs sets with dual blades on the 2 button type https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGnUOJSnKeA&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13biznxiun2d35tn23gwjigipezydik a