PDA

View Full Version : 2016/10/5 Balance Changes

Aine
Sep 23, 2016, 03:42 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20161005/11/
Nothing particularly interesting...

Hunter:
- Fury Stance and Guard Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off
- Improved guard cancel timing on Rising Edge
- Larger AoE and slower fall on Nova Strike
- Improved JA timing, less PP usage, faster motion on Stun Concide
- Improved guard cancel timing on Guilty Break
- Improved JA timing on Ignite Parrying
- Improved JA and guard cancel timing on Kaiser Rise, adjusted timing of attack damage

Fighter:
- Brave Stance and Wise Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off
- Improved speed of Surprise Dunk
- L/Knuckle Chase now affects Quake Howling when used midair

Ranger:
- Improved cancel timing and adds some I-frames to Impact Slider

Gunner:
- Improved JA timing and stylish roll cancel timing of Dive Roll Shoot when TMGs
- Improved stylish roll cancel timing of Dead Approach

Braver:
- Average Stance and Weak Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off
- Reduced hit-stop of Katana Gear counter

Bouncer:
- Elemental Stance and Break Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off

Summoner:
- Quickened attack timing of Cery Chaser
- Quickened attack timing of Cery Fall, and increases period of time enemies are stopped
- 12-star pets can now be raised to Level 110

Gunslash:
- Improved JA timing of Step Attack
- Improved JA timing and cancel timing of Tri Impact Zero Type
- Added some I-frames to Thrillerplode
- Improved speed and reduced hit-stop of Slash Rave
- Improved cancel timing of Kreuzanschlag

Recycle Shop:
- Can now trade in combination of 10/11-star weapons for excubes, etc. (instead of different rarities separately)

Xaeris
Sep 23, 2016, 03:52 AM
No more timers on stances. It only took, what, four and a half years?

Improved JA timing, less PP usage, faster motion on Stun Concide

Whhhhhhyyyy.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 23, 2016, 03:55 AM
Time limit removed on stances? Great!

Improved guard cancel timing on Guilty Break? Possibly Guilty Break Dashing, aside from Guren Dashing?

Improve speed on Surprise Dunk? Great! Maybe it'll become an even better gap closer.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 23, 2016, 03:56 AM
Stances with no timers is a nice QoL change
Hunter changes are nice in general
Gunslash having more cancel-able attacks is alright but still needs a ring
Ranger getting Iframes in Impact Slider is nice because I love dodging with it

Edit: Actually never mind I'm dumb, mixed up impact and parallel

ZerotakerZX
Sep 23, 2016, 03:56 AM
>Fury Stance and Guard Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off

OH MY FREAKIN GOD MY LIFE IS COMLETE

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 23, 2016, 03:59 AM
No more timers on stances. It only took, what, four and a half years?

Improved JA timing, less PP usage, faster motion on Stun Concide

Whhhhhhyyyy.

ikr, it doesn't make it any less useless.

final_attack
Sep 23, 2016, 04:06 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20161005/11/
Nothing particularly interesting...

Fighter:
- L/Knuckle Chase now affects Quake Howling when used midair

Gunner:
- Improved JA timing and stylish roll cancel timing of Dive Roll Shoot when TMGs

Gunslash:

Recycle Shop:
- Can now trade in combination of 10/11-star weapons for excubes, etc. (instead of different rarities separately)

Fi
That's ... a bit of buff for QuakeHowling .....

Gu
I wonder if it means faster JA ring to appear?

Gunslash
More dps, I guess ......

Recycle and Stance timer removal
Yay for convenience :D

Dammy
Sep 23, 2016, 04:20 AM
nothing special , but all of this makes sense tbh

nguuuquaaa
Sep 23, 2016, 04:33 AM
[url]Gunslash:
- Improved JA timing of Step Attack
- Improved JA timing and cancel timing of Tri Impact Zero Type
- Added some I-frames to Thrillerplode
- Improved cancel timing of Kreuzanschlag

Huh, gunslash exists in PSO2?

Xaelouse
Sep 23, 2016, 05:01 AM
Just a bunch of PA changes when it's class skills that need to be looked at. Stance not having a timer should have been a thing since ep3

TheFanaticViper
Sep 23, 2016, 05:13 AM
FINALLY no timer on stance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better late than never

- Improved speed of Surprise Dunk

sounds good :D

wefwq
Sep 23, 2016, 06:33 AM
- Fury Stance and Guard Stance time limit removed, will now remain active until manually switched/turned off
Only took them 4 years to realize time limit for stance is utterly useless and only make subpalette more cool with those timer thing glowing.

Sizustar
Sep 23, 2016, 06:35 AM
Huh, gunslash exists in PSO2?

Didn't you know, according to Sakai(Producer) it's the strongest weapon ingame.

Bellion
Sep 23, 2016, 06:43 AM
There will also be an adjustment to the stylish roll cancelling for Dead Approach.

So, where's the balance again?

Zephyrion
Sep 23, 2016, 06:56 AM
Well I expected something different than "minor improvements" although most of them make sense.

Still, they'll need to touch skills at some points, especally the "main class only" mess. Basically, classes like BO have literally half of their core skills main-class locked (because gearing for element stance is not scary enough in itself I guess). On the other hand HU sub having so few relevant "main class only" skills that HU main becomes irrelevant except for using their set of weapons (so fury boost combo, automate, iron will and massive hunter, not a single one of those main class, but you can't even use Break SD bonus for BO ?? I'm legit curious about the reason or lack of things turned out this way). One can only hope someday they'll decide to look at skill trees and multipliers (Fury Stance vs Element stance, or how to rainbow to get less damage than an unconditional stance)

Raujinn
Sep 23, 2016, 07:29 AM
The people behind class skills have been a bit weird over the years. Like I remember when Wand Lovers got turned into an infinite stance and was wondering why they didn't just apply this to all stance skills. :/ I want to say at the time they argued that infinite duration stances would "be bad for balance" which utterly baffled me back then.

But yeah these are essentially all minor but welcome adjustments, just not the game-changing stuff I think some people were expecting (I was among them).

Tunga
Sep 23, 2016, 08:13 AM
Didn't you know, according to Sakai(Producer) it's the strongest weapon ingame.

It's almost as if gunslashes don't have have a long range Over End that can one shot bosses... oh wait! they don't.

Nyansan
Sep 23, 2016, 08:14 AM
I dont mind if these so called 'class rebalances' are just QOL changes, so as long as I get my skill resets :V

Raujinn
Sep 23, 2016, 08:18 AM
Depends on if they think infinite stances are enough of a change to warrant a pass.. they might not.

loafhero
Sep 23, 2016, 08:38 AM
I'm very happy about the time limit removal on Stances.

Sword receiving larger AoE for Nova Strike is delightful to hear. Heck, additional AoE for anything Sword related is good news to me.

Funny how they think that there's something wrong with one part of Stun Concide that needs rebalancing when the PA in its entirety is obsolete for both mobs and bosses. They should have just made a useful crafted version available instead but it'll probably be a while until a new crafted Sword PA is made as there is already a crafted Sacrifice Bite on its way soon.

Kondibon
Sep 23, 2016, 09:57 AM
I'm fine with QoL stuff. We've been getting rings to help expand playstyles and class viability, and honestly, as much as gathering is a pain in the ass, I prefer the ring system over getting new skills, simply because they don't require skill resets to swap out, and they work with multiple classes, though I do agree the skill trees need a revamp.

Also, it looks like no one is catching on to how big of a deal those summoner changes are. Maybe Cery will actually not cancel its own casts.

[Ayumi]
Sep 23, 2016, 10:10 AM
The only good thing is the 12* pets.

I'm still waiting on a class excube exchange for another class excube.

If I play Ra/Hu or Gu/Hu or Su/Fi or whatever, I don't want to have to level Hu or Fi 19 times.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 23, 2016, 11:07 AM
;3397470']The only good thing is the 12* pets.

I'm still waiting on a class excube exchange for another class excube.

If I play Ra/Hu or Gu/Hu or Su/Fi or whatever, I don't want to have to level Hu or Fi 19 times.
That's a silly dream. Makign you level up 19 times is the whole point.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 23, 2016, 11:10 AM
That's a silly dream. Makign you level up 19 times is the whole point.

Infinite stances was apparently a silly dream as well. Look where we are now. :wacko:

Flaoc
Sep 23, 2016, 11:43 AM
no guren nerf? seriously?

ZerotakerZX
Sep 23, 2016, 11:55 AM
Infinite stances was apparently a silly dream as well. Look where we are now. :wacko:

No, that was kinda a smart dream, but silly sega took their time.

Kintama
Sep 23, 2016, 12:56 PM
No Bow update => IT'S LEGIT!!

TyroneSama
Sep 23, 2016, 01:35 PM
Fucking Stun Concido and Cruel Throw, man.

At least there might be half a reason to put Stun Concido on a palette now. Depending on how drastic the changes are, it could be used as a niche TAJA opener in situations where Guilty Break wasn't already used (few, but they exist).

Cruel Throw is just having a terrible time.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 23, 2016, 01:38 PM
No, that was kinda a smart dream, but silly sega took their time.

I'd argue that both are subject to feature creep, really. Sega proved that when they implemented an infinite duration stance on Techer when before they argued infinite stances were bad for the sham they call balance. They're doing this all on purpose. Stands to reason they'll let us trade excubes around...just a matter of when.

That's the way I see it, anyway. They're letting us mix eggs for trade-in a lot sooner than I expected, so it's anyone's guess, really.

Dammy
Sep 23, 2016, 02:40 PM
NT grinding with excubes, when ?

Zysets
Sep 23, 2016, 02:55 PM

Do you mean using Excibes as fodder for grinding NT weapons? Yes please, that'd be great!

nguuuquaaa
Sep 23, 2016, 03:06 PM

I've been doing this since forever by using 10* NT+3 or up as fodders for Nox :wacko:

Zyrusticae
Sep 23, 2016, 03:06 PM
These balance changes are so underwhelming I have nothing to say except a great big fat "meh".

Lostbob117
Sep 23, 2016, 08:25 PM
ikr, it doesn't make it any less useless.

Depending on how much they reduce the PP usage and how much faster they make it. I could see it being useful against some bosses at certain points.

Fusionxglave
Sep 24, 2016, 02:07 AM
Well there probably hasn't been a large amount of complaints so sega just went with here what people have waited 3 years ago lets give them that now.

Zorak000
Sep 28, 2016, 12:52 PM
it would have been neat if they added i-frames to the unmodded parallel slider too; it would give a neat dynamic for modding it or not modding it