PDA

View Full Version : Update Summary for 9/28: Challenge Week Boosts Ending, Votes Continue

Gestriden
Sep 28, 2016, 12:24 AM
So not much this week of course, but as always there is something

Weapons, Costumes,, and screenshots voting continues, be sure to visit what interests you the most and vote!

http://pso2.jp/players/event/450man/weaponvote/blow_01/
http://pso2.jp/players/event/450man/costumevote/
http://pso2.jp/players/event/450man/twitter/contest/

Next up Boost Week pushes on! This time we have a 5% Grinding boost for Units, Rings and Old weapons. 5% For Ability Additions, and 25% For Great Grind Success, so now you can get the affixing you need, and more! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEjwHUWz_Vc

Concerts are again this week, and as always Inner Universe will not have an encore. You can check bumped.org for EQ Schedules.

NOTE: Sega has called this week of Challenge Miles Boosts the "Final Acquisition" it sounds as though after this week CM boosts will no longer be in affect.
(Edit) They use the term Final Acquisition for every week, so it's safe and...really confused to why they call it that never noticed it till now.

Sega has opened up the site for their two new PSO2 broadcasts, be sure to check them out

http://pso2.jp/players/community/pso2arkslive/ and http://pso2.jp/players/community/pso2station/

Short post but a quick summary's always nice.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 28, 2016, 12:36 AM
NOTE: Sega has called this week of Challenge Miles Boosts the "Final Acquisition" it sounds as though after this week CM boosts will no longer be in affect.

Wish there was a reason to run CM aside Photon Boosters and boredom, no boost on them makes it even more pointless to do

JCry
Sep 28, 2016, 12:51 AM
So when they gon fix that terrible beacon system in tokyo/vegas?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 28, 2016, 12:54 AM
whats wrong with it? i havent seen anything out of the oridinary

Altiea
Sep 28, 2016, 12:55 AM

Survey says: Nope.

I'm kinda wondering if they'll ever release ARKS Quests for Las Vegas, or they've just been dumped for RQ.

Dammy
Sep 28, 2016, 01:01 AM
Next up Boost Week pushes on! This time we have a 5% Grinding boost for Units, Rings and Old weapons. 5% For Ability Additions, and 25% For Great Grind Success, so now you can get the affixing you need, and more!

cool , i did my Orbit sword from +0 to +40 yesterday , just in time

JCry
Sep 28, 2016, 01:07 AM
whats wrong with it? i havent seen anything out of the oridinary

It does the same thing as release beach wars
*Kill the spawns by beacon*
*Wait for code*
*Wait more time for code*
*About to abandon quest due to lack of code*
*New beacon appears across the map 2yrs later*

It's not nearly as broken as release beach wars but the problem they claimed to have "fixed" still exist and can occur throughout Tokyo/Vega exploration.

Altiea
Sep 28, 2016, 01:13 AM
*Wait for code*

It's not nearly as broken as release beach wars but the problem they claimed to have "fixed" still exist and can occur throughout Tokyo/Vega exploration.

You sure it's not just you? I've run Vegas and RQ numerous times and this has never happened.

ShadowStarEdge
Sep 28, 2016, 01:25 AM
Hey cool Niren Kamui is up there

Kondibon
Sep 28, 2016, 02:09 AM
*Wait for code*

It's not nearly as broken as release beach wars but the problem they claimed to have "fixed" still exist and can occur throughout Tokyo/Vega exploration.Pretty sure that's lag and has nothing to do with the beacon stuff. I've had things like that happen in pretty much any quest with multiple spawns. It's just not as easy to notice because there's nothing telling you when and where the spawns are ready.

Xaeris
Sep 28, 2016, 02:11 AM
This week on Arks League: Item Acquiring (Grinders).

Well, they're getting creative with these. XQs ftw on this one?

Altiea
Sep 28, 2016, 02:13 AM
This week on Arks League: Item Acquiring (Grinders).

Well, they're getting creative with these. XQs ftw on this one?

Wait, are they actually? This could be a good one.

Flaoc
Sep 28, 2016, 02:13 AM
sounds like rng based cancer

Altiea
Sep 28, 2016, 02:17 AM
There's also a Traces League. Get your friends and go time attacking, I suppose.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 28, 2016, 02:45 AM
Top 5 Weaponoids

Bluesy Requiem
Yamigarasu
Niren Kamui
Nasuyoteri
Motav Prophecy

Called it lol

Edit: There was a ninja boost last week? Welp

Nyansan
Sep 28, 2016, 03:04 AM
Welp, since there is most likely no more motivation for the few people who CM to keep doing them Sega might aswell convert shared ship to an inter-ship lounge for videos, events or something. Like, that's the only use for shared ship nowadays

Zephyrion
Sep 28, 2016, 05:11 AM
Welp, since there is most likely no more motivation for the few people who CM to keep doing them Sega might aswell convert shared ship to an inter-ship lounge for videos, events or something. Like, that's the only use for shared ship nowadays

I'm kinda mad at this though, because C-mode is really fun (to me at least). What cripples it is really the lack of decent rewards, or said rewards are ridiculously overpriced (50000CM for one tri-boost ? wow, just wow), and more importantly, the lack of CM missions (it's even worse than Ult since those are missions with fixed spawns and events, so you can get bored of it pretty quick). So best way to fix those issues is to remove more of the appeal of it to let it die ? Yeah...

Shadowstarkirby
Sep 28, 2016, 05:24 AM

What the shit, WHY? There was barely any reason to do CM as it is because of the outdated as hell shop, why are they removing the boost? How else am I suppose to get Lambda Grinders to grind all these 13*s, especially OTs, without being a Zieg altoholic? This is such bullshit.

RIP Challenge Mode if this is true.

EDIT: And true it is not.

Nyansan
Sep 28, 2016, 05:47 AM
I'm kinda mad at this though, because C-mode is really fun (to me at least). What cripples it is really the lack of decent rewards, or said rewards are ridiculously overpriced (50000CM for one tri-boost ? wow, just wow), and more importantly, the lack of CM missions (it's even worse than Ult since those are missions with fixed spawns and events, so you can get bored of it pretty quick). So best way to fix those issues is to remove more of the appeal of it to let it die ? Yeah...

CM is fun; waiting 20 mins for an mpa to start is not (and then having most of the MPA quit halfway). The only way to consistently get 12/12 instantly is be in 801, which is almost always full.
Also, CM shop is very outdated in terms of price. Ideal weapons are not worth the effort to get, photon boosters can be gotten more easily from seasonal EQ badge drops, and every other thing in the shop is almost worthless.

I'm actually hoping that the changes mean they'd revamp CM somehow.

Shady3011
Sep 28, 2016, 06:22 AM
Unless they posted about this somewhere else, the CM boost isn't going anywhere. If this is based off the scheduled EQ calender, Google translate isn't the most reliable way to verify this kind of info. Here is the text in the calendar plus what Google translate spits out.

最終獲得チャレンジマイルアップイベント開催!(The final acquisition Challenge miles up event held!)

What it really means is your final total of CM is boosted. It's had this header for a while now. Maybe since the very first one but I never noticed until a few months ago.

arnd
Sep 28, 2016, 07:10 AM
It is the exact same wording as used for every weekly challenge mile acquisition boost ever.

Punisher106
Sep 28, 2016, 09:05 AM
Robowaifu when

Garnet_Moon
Sep 28, 2016, 10:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo ooooOO!!!

They took away the bonus XP! Could care less about the meseta bonus. My highest class is 55. RIP!