PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Affixing.

Routinej
Sep 29, 2016, 09:25 PM
I currently play on the PS4 so unfortunately I do not have access to the English patch. I'm getting to the point that affixing is crucial as I hit the level cap and I have gotten thus far using pre-affixed weapons purchased from the market. I have found this (https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/3uvite/easy_affix_100_atk/) guide- [I hope It's okay for my to post a link to this.]
But I have read that this Is slightly outdated as +100 Isn't good enough anymore. This guide Is PERFECT for what I need as It gives very precise step by step details on what I need on each fodder, ect so this makes It easier for me to be able to find what I need as It's not so easy when I don't have the English patch. Does anyone know of a guide as In depth/helpful of this but updated to today's standards?

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 29, 2016, 10:50 PM
Selphea's guides are always good.

Use this:

http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

TehCubey
Sep 30, 2016, 09:22 AM
+100 atk isn't good anymore? News to me. Unless you want to do hardcore TA runs or something like that.

That being said I second the guide by Selphea. It doesn't only tell you what you need to do to get X attack, but more importantly it explains the mechanics behind affixing. So that way you can understand it and affix by yourself instead of just following other peoples' premade recipes.

Routinej
Sep 30, 2016, 04:50 PM
+100 atk isn't good anymore? News to me. Unless you want to do hardcore TA runs or something like that.

That being said I second the guide by Selphea. It doesn't only tell you what you need to do to get X attack, but more importantly it explains the mechanics behind affixing. So that way you can understand it and affix by yourself instead of just following other peoples' premade recipes.

Am I wrong In thinking that? I hope I am. I'm just going by what I've read recently and I always seem to see people saying that you're pretty much expected to have AT LEAST +150 on your weapon If you plan to play on the hardest difficulties. Reading things like that make me feel like crap though to be honest as I have one class to 75 and I haven't even managed to get my hands on a saiki unit set yet let alone have affixed a weapon to an "acceptable" degree.

TehCubey
Oct 1, 2016, 08:29 AM
The amount of people who say you're supposed to have +150 atk is far, far higher than people who ACTUALLY have +150 atk on their weapons/units. It's just that this is the popular opinion so people are afraid to go against it and appear casual or noob by admitting that no, they don't actually have this type of equipment.

Well I don't care so I'll admit it. I don't have a single piece of gear that has more than 100 atk - no units, not even weapons. I have no problems with endgame content and regularly top damage charts on EQs. 150 atk is unnecessary unless you're deliberately going for a MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE build to clear TAs as fast as possible or solo XH EQs or something like that. It doesn't even offer that big a difference in damage compared to a more modest 80-90 atk with an addition of PP or even HP on the side. Much more affordable too.

Once you reached the basic level of endgame competence - 13* weapon with 60 ele, good unit set (saiki, austere), and at least basic affixes on all (60-90 atk), the best way to improve yourself isn't actually gear, but learning how to play better. That gear will get outdated soon anyway, 12* units are coming up, but player skill stays with you as long as you keep playing and don't let it get rusty.

That being said, affixing weapons is much cheaper than affixing units so if you want 150 atk, knock yourself out.

Selphea
Oct 1, 2016, 09:40 AM
IMO, the setup that pushes the limits of cheap and good would be something like

Train Soul
ATK IV
Vinc
Muta I
Fever or Spirita or Abi3

So something like 110/5 or 100/7 is good enough really

Flaoc
Oct 1, 2016, 12:18 PM
fun fact: the difference between a 115 or 120 atk affix and a 145 or 150 affix is honestly just 1% or less.. your current base stat is what affects it so say 2900 atk means you need 29 atk to get 1%

like others have said that would only be good for ta and even thats arguable if u need the 1% to push a 1 shot to try to get a better time

Routinej
Oct 1, 2016, 12:40 PM
The amount of people who say you're supposed to have +150 atk is far, far higher than people who ACTUALLY have +150 atk on their weapons/units. It's just that this is the popular opinion so people are afraid to go against it and appear casual or noob by admitting that no, they don't actually have this type of equipment.

Well I don't care so I'll admit it. I don't have a single piece of gear that has more than 100 atk - no units, not even weapons. I have no problems with endgame content and regularly top damage charts on EQs. 150 atk is unnecessary unless you're deliberately going for a MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE build to clear TAs as fast as possible or solo XH EQs or something like that. It doesn't even offer that big a difference in damage compared to a more modest 80-90 atk with an addition of PP or even HP on the side. Much more affordable too.

Once you reached the basic level of endgame competence - 13* weapon with 60 ele, good unit set (saiki, austere), and at least basic affixes on all (60-90 atk), the best way to improve yourself isn't actually gear, but learning how to play better. That gear will get outdated soon anyway, 12* units are coming up, but player skill stays with you as long as you keep playing and don't let it get rusty.

That being said, affixing weapons is much cheaper than affixing units so if you want 150 atk, knock yourself out.

This makes me feel a lot better as I find affixing somewhat confusing as I can't use the english patch on the PS4 and I don't make a huge amount of money In game so honestly +100 Is all I can push currently. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Tunga
Oct 1, 2016, 07:48 PM
fun fact: the difference between a 115 or 120 atk affix and a 145 or 150 affix is honestly just 1% or less.. your current base stat is what affects it so say 2900 atk means you need 29 atk to get 1%

like others have said that would only be good for ta and even thats arguable if u need the 1% to push a 1 shot to try to get a better time

This, Most of your damage will come from your skill tree. At best when you have all your gear to 150 vs 120 (1 weapon, 3 units) the most you will get would be like 4% extra damage. Meanwhile the cost to make 150 atk compared to 120 atk is big (Mostly due to modulator).

echofaith
Oct 2, 2016, 01:36 AM
There is also the fact that the higher your atk goes(buffs, drinks, team juice and eventually better weapons), each atk affix becomes less and less efficent due to diminishing returns. Stacking enough PP may allow you to launch an extra PA which will give you more dps than an extra 90-120 atk. Even extra HP can help your performance. Less downtime from dodging/blocking/healing(or dying) will raise your performance.

Not saying you should ignore atk affixes at all, but when I see 150-175 units with minimal hp/pp on them, it feels like a waste of resources.

Zephyrion
Oct 2, 2016, 04:46 AM
Am I wrong In thinking that? I hope I am. I'm just going by what I've read recently and I always seem to see people saying that you're pretty much expected to have AT LEAST +150 on your weapon If you plan to play on the hardest difficulties. Reading things like that make me feel like crap though to be honest as I have one class to 75 and I haven't even managed to get my hands on a saiki unit set yet let alone have affixed a weapon to an "acceptable" degree.

Yeah...no. funnily enough, the ones who go for that type of affix without even knowing that they're doing are the ones that you have to moon most of the time.
Never forget, affixing/extending is supposed to tailor your needs. If you find yourself dying too often, or want to have a build that allows facetanking to maximize damage, put some HP in all this. If you feel you need a bigger PP pool because you want everything to die before it's empty, go for that. Then, and only then, if you think you need none of the above, and only stronger firepower, go for the full ATK
Also, remember affixing is the very last step you should take for any given equipment : grind/element grind/potential/unit extend come before this, since they give much more return. A simple 4 slots affix will do the job just fine for most of your gear, and from there, all depends on what you think you want/need extra on your gear !

Dammy
Oct 2, 2016, 05:04 AM
There is also the fact that the higher your atk goes(buffs, drinks, team juice and eventually better weapons), each atk affix becomes less and less efficent due to diminishing returns.

although i agree with that and its like that in most of games, pso2 is a bit different
there some kind of "thresholds" and when you surpass it you got huge gain, im not sure how it works
its especially noticeable with def , 1400 to 1500 is like no difference, but when you up from 1800 to 1900 its much more
attack is kinda same, like 4200 is minimum to see some good numbers

i prefer to keep attack/hp/pp balanced tho, i think its best way
when i see someone with like 100/12 units i feel like they wasted it