PDA

View Full Version : Update: New Title Requirement for Pro Blocks (3/22)

sparab
Oct 5, 2016, 12:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/irbksMN.jpg

"A Fine Day in ExpertB."

[1/31]

Starting from 3/22, you will not be able to go in expert blocks with the solo XQ 1-5 title.

New titles are required:

Grind a *13 NT weapon to +35

OR

Raise a Pet to lv 120

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[10/5]

Changes not mentioned earlier:

Summoner:
- Fi skill Adrenaline now affects your pet
- Pets will not lose its Sympathy status when died (to work with the new skill)
- Upon level up, pets recovers the gained MaxHP
- Wanda and viola now stays closer to player when idling
- When pets finish charging PA, effect will be displayed on the player
- Photon blast now uses your pet's status instead of yours

PA/Tech:
- Change to Jump Bomber's on hit graphic
- Shifa/Deband/Resta/Anti/Rappy Melody on hit effect will be limited when applying to multiple players (eye friendly?)
- Kestral Rampage Zero has increased hit range when gear is above 2

Blocks:
- Expert blocks that requires "certain title" to enter

Others:
- You can order a larger variety of food on Franka Cafe's table
- You can click to skip the prize slideshow when playing multiple scratches

Quests:
- Increase the height limit of Mining Base/Magatsu Fort/Ult Ruin(Story)

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 12:20 AM
The health and status was mentioned. The Adrenaline change is welcome since I have an adrenaline ring.

Xaelouse
Oct 5, 2016, 12:24 AM
Also giving Kestral type-0 more range, which wasn't listed until now

kurokyosuke
Oct 5, 2016, 02:40 AM
Anyone know what title, specifically, is required for the Expert block?

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 02:50 AM
Have the devs been binge playing the Umineko VN and Catherine together or something?

This is definitely redeeming after the eardrum burst that was vegas.

Vatallus
Oct 5, 2016, 03:05 AM
Are the blocks between SH and XH the pro blocks?

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 03:12 AM
"Pro-Blocks" are from B-14 to B-21: You have to get a certain title by clearing Solo XQ (1-5).

Edit:

Also, B-211 and B-212 are "Pro-Blocks".

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 03:15 AM
A certain title . . . okay so easily exploitable thing as well good on you SEGA. Titles are account based you twats. So clear 1-5 of H&H, be 75/XX(possibly 75), and now have a title any of your characters could have gotten by accident or not.

Bellion
Oct 5, 2016, 03:30 AM
Regarding Non-Weak Ring:
BOTH WHA skills apply to the launcher attacks, and it starts at 50% at level 1(so 35% damage increase at level 1 when factoring both). No idea what the percentage is at level 20, of course.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 03:37 AM
Man, I'm really digging how you can switch rings via Shortcut words; no need to open the menu, look through your stuff, etc. all that bs.

ohmy
Oct 5, 2016, 03:55 AM
Regarding Non-Weak Ring:
BOTH WHA skills apply to the launcher attacks, and it starts at 50% at level 1(so 35% damage increase at level 1 when factoring both). No idea what the percentage is at level 20, of course.
And rifle is completely unaffected?

Ahri
Oct 5, 2016, 03:57 AM
Regarding Non-Weak Ring:

Name of Non-Weak Ring in jp?

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 03:57 AM
Regarding Non-Weak Ring:
BOTH WHA skills apply to the launcher attacks, and it starts at 50% at level 1(so 35% damage increase at level 1 when factoring both). No idea what the percentage is at level 20, of course.What rocks and gems does it need?

And rifle is completely unaffected?I's specifically for launcher. We knew that from the start.

final_attack
Oct 5, 2016, 04:01 AM
Parallel Slider (Type0) - +57%Power +6PP
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ECOYXmhpnc[/SPOILER-BOX]

Straight Charge (Type-0) - +28%Power +2PP
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6LZewteb_M[/SPOILER-BOX]

Bellion
Oct 5, 2016, 04:06 AM
L/Lノンウィークボーナス
Needs Naberius Rock and some Tundra gemstone.

Looks to be 100% at level 20 because it starts increasing percentages by 4 at 11. It was 60% at 10 and it's 64% at 11.
[SPOILER-BOX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPk3TePjdko&feature=youtu.be[/SPOILER-BOX]

ZerotakerZX
Oct 5, 2016, 04:16 AM
OH NO WE ALL GONNA DIE ELTITISM GONNA BE TROUGH THE ROOF

Ahri
Oct 5, 2016, 04:18 AM
L/Lノンウィークボーナス

Looks to be 100% at level 20 because it starts increasing percentages by 4 at 11. It was 60% at 10 and it's 64% at 11.
[SPOILER-BOX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPk3TePjdko&feature=youtu.be[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ty <3, pretty dmg with launcher and ring D:!

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 04:21 AM
L/Lノンウィークボーナス

[SPOILER-BOX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPk3TePjdko&feature=youtu.be[/SPOILER-BOX]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b5/b5b751e1332e32685063387b50636502158b2157ec78f4cbf7 33248c79cac4ad.jpg

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 04:33 AM
novas new range is kinda... hilarious

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_02412dd36727d85ad78db32034d35012-jpg.jpg

Gaylar
Oct 5, 2016, 04:36 AM
Holy shit Sac Bite Type 0 is amazing so far; I thought it'd only affect normal attack damage as a tradeoff for the increased range but my PAs still seem to do the normal buffed damage they did before, but my basic attacks are hitting nearly as hard as a single hit from my lv17 Nova Strike now using Hu/Fi, the last hit actually outdamaging it numbers-wise.

The increased range and altered step attack makes dealing with groups that much more easier too.

man I am in love with Swords all over again

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 04:37 AM
So the shockwave from Nova can hit enemies from a mile away, huh... that's impressive.

final_attack
Oct 5, 2016, 04:37 AM
novas new range is kinda... hilarious

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_02412dd36727d85ad78db32034d35012-jpg.jpg

Yea, that range ..... have you tried SacrificeBite Type-0?

It's ......... 4k -> 15k normal attack damage (was testing it on UQ Lilipa, since going solo, I'm doing it as HuSu) :wacko:
Still ....... 300%+ damage on normal attack :wacko:

Edit : Also seems like it doesn't need 3 ticks again.
Only did 1 tick + improved range (from dash)

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2016, 04:43 AM
Crafted Parallel Slider makes one point obsolete. I feel like it should have just been the one point craft.

Vatallus
Oct 5, 2016, 04:58 AM
Pro blocks vs XH blocks. Not that beating Stage 5 of H&H ExQ was really that much to ask for.

Zorua
Oct 5, 2016, 05:06 AM
Pro blocks vs XH blocks. Not that beating Stage 5 of H&H ExQ was really that much to ask for.

Agreed, they should have required all 10 stages

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 05:15 AM
Whee go SEGA go.

I only have the title for this character. Haven't touched XQ and as you can see I don't have the levels XD.

http://puu.sh/ryqtW/50ade23f44.png

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 05:21 AM
Yea, that range ..... have you tried SacrificeBite Type-0?

It's ......... 4k -> 15k normal attack damage (was testing it on UQ Lilipa, since going solo, I'm doing it as HuSu) :wacko:
Still ....... 300%+ damage on normal attack :wacko:

Edit : Also seems like it doesn't need 3 ticks again.
Only did 1 tick + improved range (from dash)

yep with only shifta drink and well.. thats it really 21k+ normals on ult lillipa mobs.. sword mobs like a champ now

Raujinn
Oct 5, 2016, 05:23 AM
That there's a split at all is kinda surprising. It's almost 50/50

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 05:25 AM
How's the guard canceling for Guilty Break?

wefwq
Oct 5, 2016, 05:32 AM
>clear first 5 stage of H&H solo XQ
Well, talk about being PSO2 "expert" player.
They're handing bunch of *13 for free nowadays how come they still holding back?

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 05:52 AM
How's the guard canceling for Guilty Break?

can cancel it before the 1st hit so its pretty damn fast

Keilyn
Oct 5, 2016, 05:53 AM
The 13* weapons take away any skill from Solo Extreme Quests, at least in the first 5 blocks...

elryan
Oct 5, 2016, 06:04 AM
I can't seem to connect to the Pro Block. 630 keeps appearing.

Weird.

Edje
Oct 5, 2016, 06:57 AM
fun fact also: they changed the step attack animation for the swords. Now instead of a kick its a sword swing and its faster to. XD

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 06:58 AM
thats only when sac bite is active however sac bite is much easier to get off in the 1st place and lasts for a full 3 mins now

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 07:06 AM
That's great news. So to sum up, sword kicks ass.

Nyansan
Oct 5, 2016, 07:08 AM
MakeHunterGreatAgain™

wefwq
Oct 5, 2016, 07:10 AM
Damn, all this change for sword making me regret ditching sword glad they giving free skill reset pass.

ohmy
Oct 5, 2016, 07:19 AM
thats only when sac bite is active however sac bite is much easier to get off in the 1st place and lasts for a full 3 mins now
O.O
3 minutes is epic.

Edje
Oct 5, 2016, 07:24 AM
Sword got actually a good buff, well done sega
I am doing in the third normal attack 20k+ damage in a hu/fi. I am wondering how is the normal attacks with sacred bite boost in hu/br, since br has attack advance skill in the tree that increases normal attacks by 50% of damage XD

AnikaSteinberg
Oct 5, 2016, 08:36 AM
Properly grinded 13* weapons take away any skill from Solo Extreme Quests, at least in the first 5 blocks...

> fixed

Tunga
Oct 5, 2016, 09:28 AM
What is she asking here for the trade?
http://i.imgur.com/e1GpwYl.png

Saffran
Oct 5, 2016, 09:37 AM
The rewards for reaching a certain level.
Actually, with that wording, it could be that she gives you the reward for reaching a certain level and that it opens access to trade for certain items. I should check it out...

Raujinn
Oct 5, 2016, 09:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9fa7Fjq.jpg

I mean, it's early but it still seems like the requirement had created a geniune divide, with the majority in the regular XH blocks.

Nyansan
Oct 5, 2016, 09:57 AM
What is she asking here for the trade?
http://i.imgur.com/e1GpwYl.png

It's a revamped referral system i think. Reaching levels 10/20/30/40/50 gets you white ARKS badges, which you can trade for blue badges + SG tickets

Zysets
Oct 5, 2016, 10:05 AM
I find it interesting that the Pro-Blocks are much emptier, Solo XQ 1-5 is really easy. Have some people just not bothered to do it?

RadiantLegend
Oct 5, 2016, 10:24 AM
So LB FI/HU huge cutter normals?

Edje
Oct 5, 2016, 10:28 AM
or maybe hu/br with attack advance, it increases normals attacks by 50%

RibbonSoft
Oct 5, 2016, 10:34 AM
I find it interesting that the Pro-Blocks are much emptier, Solo XQ 1-5 is really easy. Have some people just not bothered to do it?

Actually, it is more like most people are unable to complete it. What the majority of you consider easy most players find quite difficult. For example (small example but idaf) the majority of the acquaintances I know in the game have not been able to clear stages 1-5. Hell, one of them can't even beat the Nyau's. And many of them have Austeres, good affixes, Saiki's and all that. They are properly geared, jus that the content is not as easy as you all claim it to be. Even I will admit that I cannot beat Diabo no matter how hard I try, I always die, even after following all the strategies outlined in guides here and elsewhere.

tl;dr, the point is the requirement is more difficult than you all claim it to be. Another reason why PSO World is seen as elitists because what all of you see as trivial is not so trivial to the average player. Not everyone has the ability to reach the same skill level as the people here or in specific teams.

Oh, and I am certain some just log in for the fashion and could really care less for the "Expert" blocks lol.

Raujinn
Oct 5, 2016, 10:39 AM
Yeah I'm in agreement. The bar may be considered low here but it may well be good enough for the general playerbase. It's still a bit early to call for sure, but the quality difference I've noticed in MPAs so far has been night and day.

Again, the sample size is much too small to tell if its going to benefit things in the long run, but for the sake of argument if previous MPAs I was in had a good amount of people who couldn't do Heaven and Hell 1-5 it'd sure explain a lot...

You're not gonna get absolute aces, but the bar may prove high enough to at least give you a much better chance of getting an alright enough group as opposed to a disaster.

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2016, 11:10 AM
Is this real life?

http://i.imgur.com/Ug1Ae1c.jpg

Or is this just phantasy?

vaerix
Oct 5, 2016, 12:21 PM
I see what you did there

jooozek
Oct 5, 2016, 12:48 PM
launchers and swords finally got love? might come back :wacko:

Kole
Oct 5, 2016, 12:56 PM
Hey speaking of this update, I think impact slider was supposed to get some invinc frames, but idk which part of the attack gets it.

Starryeyedbunny
Oct 5, 2016, 01:08 PM
tl;dr, the point is the requirement is more difficult than you all claim it to be. Another reason why PSO World is seen as elitists because what all of you see as trivial is not so trivial to the average player. Not everyone has the ability to reach the same skill level as the people here or in specific teams.

There's nothing 'elite' about trying to have fun in a game with people who also want to try. Nor not blindly charging straight at Nyaus and invoking an adorable paw filled end foolishly.

So I'm honestly glad this is more of a hefty requirement then we thought. I just hope people remain smart and don't tell others how to cheese it seriously. I must remind you that there's a reason it's called "Extra Hard". It was never meant for people who wanted to just mess around in the game, but who wanted a challenge... quite literally.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 5, 2016, 01:56 PM
So LB FI/HU huge cutter normals?

There isn't even a need for Sword Gear so I'm going to try this once I get that Huge Cutter to 60 :wacko:

elryan
Oct 5, 2016, 02:31 PM
Just tested the Sacrifice Bite Type-0 using HU/BR with maxed out Ray Sword and without Sword Gear (because just reset into Partisan build).

Deals 20k-70k per hit, depending on where I hit the enemy.

I'm loving it.

milranduil
Oct 5, 2016, 02:38 PM
Hell, one of them can't even beat the Nyau's.

probably shouldn't be playing pso2 if they can't "figure" that one out

Ryna
Oct 5, 2016, 03:04 PM
Yeah I'm in agreement. The bar may be considered low here but it may well be good enough for the general playerbase. It's still a bit early to call for sure, but the quality difference I've noticed in MPAs so far has been night and day.

Again, the sample size is much too small to tell if its going to benefit things in the long run, but for the sake of argument if previous MPAs I was in had a good amount of people who couldn't do Heaven and Hell 1-5 it'd sure explain a lot...

You're not gonna get absolute aces, but the bar may prove high enough to at least give you a much better chance of getting an alright enough group as opposed to a disaster.

The Perennial Apocalypse I played on the "Pro Block" earlier today with a PUG went a lot better than usual. Everyone knew what to do and the run went fairly smoothly. That has only happened a few times for me when playing in PUG groups over the last couple months on the XH blocks. I know the sampling size is too small, but it gives me a little bit of hope.

As for the entrance requirement, only time will tell if it is appropriate. I don't think Solo XQ 1 to 5 is particularly easy if you are brand new to it.

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2016, 03:20 PM
probably shouldn't be playing pso2 if they can't "figure" that one out

That's mean. Of course they can play PSO2.

Just not with us.

Zysets
Oct 5, 2016, 03:29 PM

That's fair. I didn't mean to seem elitist or anything, just that I was able to clear it fairly easily once I had seen what each stage was. My perspective may be skewed based on my experiences alone.

I do think the requirements are just right though, I noticed an increase in the overall ability of players during EQs and Multiparty quests, so i'm completely satisfied with Sega's decision here.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 5, 2016, 03:29 PM
That's mean. Of course they can play PSO2.

Just not with us.

8-)

5char

Loveless62
Oct 5, 2016, 03:42 PM
The Perennial Apocalypse I played on the "Pro Block" earlier today with a PUG went a lot better than usual. Everyone knew what to do and the run went fairly smoothly. That has only happened a few times for me when playing in PUG groups over the last couple months on the XH blocks. I know the sampling size is too small, but it gives me a little bit of hope.

As for the entrance requirement, only time will tell if it is appropriate. I don't think Solo XQ 1 to 5 is particularly easy if you are brand new to it.
At this point in the game, I have played over 4K hours. I may even be past 5K hours (I'm not at home so I can't check), and I'll bet some of you have over 10K hours. And that's not counting the time spent on previous games in the PSO/PSU series, some of that knowledge does carry over.

A lot of the game is going to be easy for us partly because of the sheer amount of time we have put into this game, so much that we may have lost perspective on what it is like for newer players. I remember vaguely fighting a Rockbear for the first time. By now I must have fought over 1000 of them.

I am one of those who probably underestimated Solo XQ floors 1-5 as a filter (I joked about it before lol). To be fair, some of the encounters are somewhat intimidating. Diabo + Ringa in particular can get messy.

And since you mention how much more smooth the MPAs are in the "Pro" blocks, I am going to be curious at how MPAs in the non-"Pro" blocks do, but not curious enough to see for myself. :no:

Zysets
Oct 5, 2016, 04:04 PM
And since you mention how much more smooth the MPAs are in the "Pro" blocks, I am going to be curious at how MPAs in the non-"Pro" blocks do, but not curious enough to see for myself. :no:

I honestly don't think they'll be affected too bad, but I imagine you won't be seeing PD runs in under 10 minutes if you play on regular XH blocks. I don't think people who can't get into the Expert blocks are bad players, just not as "hardcore". I don't really want to say "hardcore", because it can be consider negative on both sides depending on your opinions on this, but I really don't know how else to explain my thoughts.

starwind75043
Oct 5, 2016, 04:07 PM
We probably should give it some time at least. Before we call it good or bad. But personally i will wait for a TD to happen before i pass judgement.

Tunga
Oct 5, 2016, 04:30 PM
Just tested the Sacrifice Bite Type-0 using HU/BR with maxed out Ray Sword and without Sword Gear (because just reset into Partisan build).

Deals 20k-70k per hit, depending on where I hit the enemy.

I'm loving it.

You can use attack adv ring and be slightly behind a Hubr in normal attacks (Stronger if wise stance is active), and you don't lose the superior combo anyway.

sparab
Oct 5, 2016, 04:33 PM
You can use attack adv ring and be slightly behind a Hubr in normal attacks (Stronger if wise stance is active), and you don't lose the superior combo anyway.

I never have farmed enough forest emerald for that ring. (nab rock 400+)

Thank sega that we can now trade rings, and they don't even bind after purchase!

Keilyn
Oct 5, 2016, 04:53 PM
Since Its been a long time since I ran these five blocks,
My experience after getting all of these 13* as Fi/Te and Fi/Hu.
Just wanted to see how much easier this had become with all the 13* being given away like candy by SEGA.

Just a little guide by me...

First Block: Lots of Nyaus
[spoiler-box]To clear the block order, do not take damage for 30 seconds. Either walk around the outline of the map to complete the order, know how to eviscerate the enemy. The only threat here is being caught in multiple Nyau's at the same time and having your Health wiped out...
[/spoiler-box]

Second Block: Knights Gear, Dragon Ex, and GGG
[spoiler-box]The stage order is to destroy the bosses from the front. Three Targets from the front, three bosses. That is what makes it difficult.

However, what makes it easy are the weapon vulnerabilities. I used Invader Buster (Gunslash) with Serpent Air, Kreisenschlag, Slash Rave to defeat all three because I wanted to focus on staying in front of the bosses.[/spoiler-box]

Third Block: Agnis, Diabo, and Ringada (rare)
[spoiler-box]The order here is to destroy three diabo parts. He is vulnerable to Ice, and if you completed the last order you can combine elemental weaknesses and weapon vulnerability to make short work of diabo and his parts. However, the trick is the way this starts. You have to destroy a trash mob first to make the Diabo spawn.

Once Diabo Spawns, the focus on annihilating Diabo and concentrating on him to the player might make the player ignore that Ringada Spawn. The combination of the two bosses are designed to attack as much of the map as possible. I used Twin Daggers here and focused on Diabo.
[/spoiler-box]

Fourth Block: Mobs
[spoiler-box]This is actually the easiest of the blocks. The Order is to strike down five specific mob through their weakpoints. Basically fighting Bikudas. Strike down the giant (that is what I call the kuronites) first and then focus 1v1 each enemy if you want to be precise. [/spoiler-box]

Fifth Block: Summer Rappy and Gryphon.
[spoiler-box]This is another map where you aren't told of the enemies present outside of Rappies and you are given the order to identify and kill one in 30 seconds. Before you know it, the gryphon pops up to try to ruin your day and will aggressively target you. Get your Lightning or Wind Weapon ready and be ready to do a combination of a Blitzkrieg and assassination on this block.

The design of this layout is to distract the player while the boss monster becomes ready to annihilate you in a semi-enclosed space.
[/spoiler-box]

I found the following is helpful:
[spoiler-box]
1) Bring your halfdoll.
A map like this one deserves you bringing a halfdoll.

2) Photon Blasts
A lot of players (including myself) will use the photon blast for positioning. Literally when a boss or enemy is about to KILL YOU, simply press and hold the button down and time it so that the next cycle in the animation of the boss gives you an opening to attack the boss, while you have the support of your blast.

3) Read the Information for each Block
I've seen players who simply skip over this and just brute force a block. Kudos to them if they can do it, but accomplishing each block order makes the following block easier to beat by giving the player an advantage. Basically XQ is set up so that if you clear the order, you get an advantage next block, otherwise failing to complete the order gives the enemy an advantage against you.

4) Don't take on too much...
If you know that the next block is mostly trash mobs and not heavy bosses, and you are too focused on clearing the order....to the point the map might finish you as a gamble, then don't... just destroy the boss and move on. Trash Mobs and Large Mobs are a lot easier now than they were before.

5) Don't slouch....
When you enter the XQ, bring your weapon loadout and unit loadout. If you know what is coming swap in and out weapons BEFORE beginning the block, and not in the middle of it. Between Collection Sheets, Drops, Exchanges, and NPC COs, you should have plenty of 13* weapons.

6) Utility Weapons:
The 2016 weapons, specifically the wand gave Resta to everyone, lowering the need for a techer. One can pulse a heal if one is in trouble...(which is nice for those who win under higher health...I tend to carry one even though I depend on Iron Will + Never Give up while running Fi/Hu. Of course invulnerability is about annihilating enemies.

7) Units:
Its ridiculously easy to get 100 Attack on units now.....along with some HP or PP. a single 30% Ability Booster will take most units from 3s to 4s at 100% outside of grind boost. During a 10% Grind Boost, its possible to actually reach 7s

8) If its your first time... then One Step at a time. Break it down and focus on each section individually. Don't think about what is ahead until you see how well you do in the block you are in. If you don't have patience, there are always youtube videos on what to expect.

9) Shifta Drink EX will at times give you +20% PP Cost Reduction. This Stacked with Fighter Tech Arts Just Attack (TEJA) PP Save is extremely destructive. Running Fi/Hu or Fi/Te, this is exactly what I look for when I am not after Shifta Drink Premium.

[/spoiler-box]
Once you beat this.....

Congratulations...
Now I can see you as a Shai'ek,Rubai... in my eyes...
Or the words that mean "Intermediate Master" In my universe...

Fate shall determine if you cross the seeker, or the seeker crosses your path!

Enjoy your time in the Expert Blocks!

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 05:02 PM
Don't forget everyone you only need the title. Once you have that you can access the 'expert' blocks with any character regardless of level.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/ryqtW/50ade23f44.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Flaoc
Oct 5, 2016, 05:11 PM
well tbh if u can clear the 1-5 xq stages ur probs better than most leechers anyway and i rememebr when i ran halloween this morning the runs went much better than the original xh blocks

Sonichi
Oct 5, 2016, 05:17 PM
Don't forget everyone you only need the title. Once you have that you can access the 'expert' blocks with any character regardless of level.

Entering the block does no harm since you'll not be able to enter the XH quests with the majority of the players on the block, so I don't see the level factoring in at all. If people want to shit up the block space (like people have done since day one) that's why you get premium. It's the people who ENTER the quests and drag it down that will cause problems, not the people "demonstrating" how poor this feature is.

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 05:37 PM
Entering the block does no harm since you'll not be able to enter the XH quests with the majority of the players on the block, so I don't see the level factoring in at all. If people want to shit up the block space (like people have done since day one) that's why you get premium. It's the people who ENTER the quests and drag it down that will cause problems, not the people "demonstrating" how poor this feature is.

I was just pointing out you don't need to worry if say one of your class combos can't handle the solo XQ because it isn't designed around soloing, i.e. my TE/RA. I still managed to do the requirement with him but honestly I wouldn't want to do it again the saying War of Attrition was ringing quite often in my head during that 15 min run.

Onto exploiting that little 'title only' part though. Well as I have said countless times before the 'expert' blocks came up that it was easily exploitable. I mean if I can do it with my TE/RA dying only once and having actual skill. A person can do it just as easily cheesing the whole thing with just plain old BR/HU KC/Hafline/Massive only needing to max BR to access the XQ itself.

Do people really do that? Well maybe but chances are they are actually 75/75 already and used their best gear to do it. Then again we do have a discussion going right now about how there are/were teams dedicated to leeching on Ship 1 so much so that they even posted videos, tweets, and whatever else those social media freaks use to show it off. With only recently some action being taken by SEGA to cut that shit out.

sparab
Oct 5, 2016, 06:56 PM
On ship 1 expert blocks get overflowed at every schedule EQ.

The title requires little to no skill/gear to complete but it certainly bars players who are totally clueless of the game, such as NAOKI the legend.

Great Pan
Oct 5, 2016, 07:16 PM
Solo XQ 1-5 too hard! SEGA nerf it please!

Kole
Oct 5, 2016, 07:57 PM
There isn't even a need for Sword Gear so I'm going to try this once I get that Huge Cutter to 60 :wacko:

(btw sword gear isn't hu main only anymore)

Zysets
Oct 5, 2016, 09:49 PM
Just did PD with only one death total and within 8 or so minutes. I've never felt so happy before while running an EQ. I hope this makes newer players want to improve and join in on this. I don't like the idea of a segmented community, but I hope this does raise the bar a bit.

oratank
Oct 5, 2016, 10:12 PM
well my pd run on expert block was shit.can't make double 3rd stun rush to destroy pd bit on phase1 end up with 11 min(´・ω・`)

Keilyn
Oct 5, 2016, 10:50 PM
well my pd run on expert block was shit.can't make double 3rd stun rush to destroy pd bit on phase1 end up with 11 min(´・ω・`)

Ditto.
We ranked 70th on the PD Run, but it was truly bullshit.
I never saw so many players who didn´t know how to take advantage of their invincibility, and all the very same.... Unable to actually dodge once out of their invincibility. I felt like both bosses were taking the role of Piccolo in DBZ Abridged and telling the whole MPA "DODGE!" just to watch a lot of deaths.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 11:30 PM
not so expert block huh? Did sega screw up or what?

Madevil
Oct 5, 2016, 11:40 PM

yep... that's what I thought when I've heard the blocks are only limited by titles

not sure if that's a flaw in $EGA's logic, or they just intended to do it

Azunnie
Oct 5, 2016, 11:51 PM
I can't seem to connect to the Pro Block. 630 keeps appearing.

Weird.

I'm having it too. I think it's proxy-related, since my friend used my acc and he could log in just fine.

wefwq
Oct 6, 2016, 02:45 AM
not so expert block huh? Did sega screw up or what?
Lazily done.
You only need to clear the easy part of solo XQ and then proceed to enter the block with your level 1 class +0 weapon and units.
It'll still help prevent total shitter from joining MPA though.

Keilyn
Oct 6, 2016, 03:23 AM
Sorry for saying it like this...
as it might put me in the *elitist* list as well... but...

In every damned serious game I've played, there has always been a gathering area for top players that is not just guild halls or pathetic out-of-game despotic forums or VoIPs. Taking a game seriously means that the developer has to give the playerbase the means to do so. I hate the way newbs act as this action might not be fair. Newbs get to have an established home in the beginner blocks, but when the time comes to give the elites a home, they hate the idea and even curse it...call it a double-standard, it is what it is.

Although lazy,
This is a something that should have existed in the game since Day 1,
Not Four years post-release.

PSO-2 may not have an ASNR,
but its a game I play a lot...

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 05:11 AM
Should at least have changed it to the Stage 10 title of Heaven and Hell.

Zephyrion
Oct 6, 2016, 05:30 AM

I can understand how that could screw some classes though
I mean I facerolled my controller and cleared it with RA/HU (I'm joking, well kinda half-joking half-stating the truth). But when I wanted to clear it with GU/RA then TE/BR and suddenly "oh wait you have to dodge because no automate, oh wait you don't have -15% damage and no flinch with massive hunter, oh wait if you fail and run out of dolls, lol iron will won't proc to save you". Not to mention all these hidden DPS test (Leopard + Leone, Anga + Dio) that you can afford to fail with a HU sub and ok tanking skills, but become incredibly punishing for any class combination that doesn't involve HU. God forbid I ever try that with BR/RA, as I'd probably need to waste god knows how many passes to establish working strategies for each stage.

Naturally, it's fairly doable (and the class combinations I used aren't exactly the worst ones to nuke stuff) but you still need more than average gear, careful planning ahead and at least a minimum of skills (which I barely scrambled) to actually clear it, where a relatively decent weapon and ok units will pull you through with HU sub. In fact, most of the classes that sub HU can actually clear it with passable gear and skills as mediocre as mine as long as they don't run out of mates.

Stage 1-5 is honestly more than enough. Sure it's even easier to cheese, but at least you can clear it with any working class combo so the gap between class is smaller.

Just goes to show how Solo XQ in itself is not really a good test, since you need to be either very durable or have high DPS, and some class combos just don't fit in either one or the other that easily.

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 05:50 AM
No, it isn't a good test at all but it was at least something. I have the same hatred for Stage 10 Heaven and Hell that I have for Traces of Darkness on XH (solo). If you can't drop the enemies fast enough with your class combo it ends up turning into a hell of dodging, healing, dodging, healing, etc.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2016, 06:03 AM
Stage 9 challenge is retarded, running around in circles trying to not get hit is not even fun. Screw that up and Stage 10 is basically impossible.

EvilMag
Oct 6, 2016, 10:09 AM
Some classes like HU has a really miserable time in Stage 10 of XQs. Meanwhile you can easily cheese through it with either FI or BR. Kinda dumb really. If they wanted to do a test they should just release 9 separate XQs for each class that tests the classes abilities. then again that would require making 9 different quests and we alright know how lazy Sega is...

yoshiblue
Oct 6, 2016, 10:19 AM
Could have even designed a solo c-mode.

Moffen
Oct 6, 2016, 10:50 AM
Personally I think the Pro blocks are doing their job. Went into one and gear checked every single person in there and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out.

PD runs went from about 13min pub to like 6mins total for Pro blocks.
1-5 will rip apart a scrub. They have no def,they die. They dont affix their gear,they'll take too long to kill things. They sub automate hu,they get their mates milked at diabo.

Though it may not seem like a high pre-requisite for people here to fill,its doing the job of keeping the others out.

rando
Oct 6, 2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah , i'll mostly play wherever.

Since PD is my fav eq, i'll def take it with a sub par group, more time, more fun.

However, Demise is one where i'd do the xprt blocks. That quest can turn into a damn job.

milranduil
Oct 6, 2016, 01:50 PM
Some classes like HU has a really miserable time in Stage 10 of XQs. Meanwhile you can easily cheese through it with either FI or BR. Kinda dumb really. If they wanted to do a test they should just release 9 separate XQs for each class that tests the classes abilities. then again that would require making 9 different quests and we alright know how lazy Sega is...

can you explain to me why its miserable? that stage is sword weak which is more than enough to overkill anga/dio very easily...

Caetho
Oct 6, 2016, 04:58 PM
can you explain to me why its miserable? that stage is sword weak which is more than enough to overkill anga/dio very easily...

Even with Stun Concido!? Time to get my HuFo back in action and demolish some stage 6-10 B)

TyroneSama
Oct 6, 2016, 10:24 PM
Some classes like HU has a really miserable time in Stage 10 of XQs.
Hunter clears stage 10 for free. Nifta precast on the council, hit Anga until it dies, wait 60 seconds for the ridiculously lenient spawn window to expire, hit Dio Hunar until it dies, hit Apprentice until it dies.

Automate, a basic set of HP-crafted Hiei units, and a Red Sword will get you there.

CrossOmega
Oct 7, 2016, 02:46 AM
hit Apprentice Persona until it dies.

Fixed it for ya.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 7, 2016, 02:48 AM
^I thought it was "Profound Darkness".... not that I pay attention to the story.

Xaeris
Oct 7, 2016, 03:17 AM
It is, though if you don't progress in the story on your character, PD will appear as Persona rather than you know who.

TyroneSama
Oct 7, 2016, 04:55 AM
Fixed it for ya.
Thank you, sometimes I'm shit at things.

Eternal255
Oct 7, 2016, 02:37 PM
I ran PD on an Expert block and ranked 9th (best rank I've had, although I've previously had a 9th place before too). I really wish they would have made the requirements harder for expert block, because I would love to keep doing those quick PD runs. Soon as more people clear the (ridiculously easy) requirements to get into expert block (and then start using their Alts instead), its gonna be the same old bs, as if we didn't have the blocks to begin with.

Can someone tell me what this title is? I've cleared it a few times, but its all in Kanji that I can't read. I think I might be using the wrong one...

Keilyn
Oct 7, 2016, 03:40 PM
Wait up guys...
It doesn't have to be the same old BS....

In every game I've played, the community in Endgame Hangouts will always get on the backs of people who are not supposed to be there. In short, by minimum standards, if I see a non-capped player in both Main Class and Sub Class running an MPA in an expert block... You are in your right to call out that person to everyone in the MPA.

If they can't be capped on both ends (AT LEAST), they can go to XH Blocks and leave everyone else in peace...

Sure, it sounds like its being an ass and an elitist..
But its actually more like defending the integrity of expert blocks.

To me, Expert means at least the following:

1) Level 75 (Main and Sub Class)
2) Your Units are Affixed and at +10, and if crafted Extend 8 - 10
3) You have at least one 60% Light Element Weapon fully grinded and Affixed to your own playstyle.

I don't care how good you are...
I don't care about your accomplishments...
I don't care about how much DPS you have or put into the MPA...

If you don't meet those three requirements prior to entering the MPA...
you are a leech to me.

Have a problem?
Go to XH blocks and stay there....

Flaoc
Oct 7, 2016, 04:22 PM
by that logic that means im a leech when i come in on my alts with my 60 ele austeres and units nicely affixed just because hu sub is say 62 lolk

all a hu sub needs minimum is max fury to dish out the dps

oh and by the way before i forget FITE is leeching so your logic is flawed buddy boy also TERA no buffs? pppffffffttttttttt go home

vantpers
Oct 7, 2016, 04:34 PM
There are expert blocks but I still don't see Hunter blocks. I am gonna leech on expert blocks as Su/Hu 75/75 with Coat Edge 13* 60 element light until my demands are met.

Xaeris
Oct 7, 2016, 08:31 PM
My experience on the e-athlete blocks has been pretty good so far. I've ended PDs with all five of my moons still in my bag, bosses in Trick or Treat pretty much evaporate on spawn, and I've even broken my pug time record for Yamato. Magatsu in an hour though: that's the real test.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 7, 2016, 08:51 PM
Same. My experience in "Pro Blocks" has been pretty good so far (luck?). Good efficient TD runs by pug standards, we still have a couple of deaths in PD runs here and there but not much, and yeah, bosses in Trick or Treat pretty much evaporate on spawn, like they have absolutely no chance to do anything.

So I guess, being able to beat Solo XQ 1-5, helps to some degree.

Zanverse
Oct 7, 2016, 09:15 PM
Completed Solo XQ 1-5 with BO/HU 75/55 just the other day. I tried to go in with BO/TE 75/75 but only made it to Floor 3 before getting tossed around by Diabo. Guard Stance and Massive Hunter is a blessing.

I honestly don't want to hop into the expert blocks just yet. I went in there and checked peoples gears; ATK over 100, crazy good PP, maxed out weapons with stuff like Astral Soul and Flict and Modulator and... I was just quite intimidated. I've yet to create a unit with over 80 ATK, which I know is pathetic. I think I won't be going there until I have the time to make fodder and stuff.

IchijinKali
Oct 7, 2016, 09:29 PM
Completed Solo XQ 1-5 with BO/HU 75/55 just the other day. I tried to go in with BO/TE 75/75 but only made it to Floor 3 before getting tossed around by Diabo. Guard Stance and Massive Hunter is a blessing.

I honestly don't want to hop into the expert blocks just yet. I went in there and checked peoples gears; ATK over 100, crazy good PP, maxed out weapons with stuff like Astral Soul and Flict and Modulator and... I was just quite intimidated. I've yet to create a unit with over 80 ATK, which I know is pathetic. I think I won't be going there until I have the time to make fodder and stuff.

Making fodder pfthahthhahtahahthahtaaaaa.
I don't make fodder for my units I just do a typical setup and DAMNED THE EXPENSE. Simple setup mod, atk III, app soul DONE. 100 atk right there and 70 for the 2 you ignored, for weapons. For units I've only done them for one character and boy was it fun not using fodder. tech III, shoot III, app soul, and mod. All just for my TE/RA just so I don't have to make a new set of units for when he is FO/TE.

"What about PP" pft thats what crafting is for 150 PP without a single affix buffing it.

Xaeris
Oct 7, 2016, 09:58 PM
That was the most beautiful pug Magatsu experience I've had since 2ch blocks. Leave it to Japan to find a way to make segregation seem pretty okay.

sparab
Oct 7, 2016, 10:22 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HDkQRPO.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meanwhile on swiki:

"Stage 3 Diabo+Ringa keeps circling aroundaroundaroundaroundaround, disgusting"
"Gunne is impossilbe"
"i dunno what class is good so i went in tanky FoHu. Died at DragonX"

Meanwhile on 2ch:

Solo Extreme Guide for Chimps!
Get your ass in that expert block and leech the pros!

Stage1: RunRunRun
Stage2: KatanaCombat&Hatou spam
Stage3: Wait outside for KatanaCombat CD, go in and repeat stage2
Stage4: Kill yaokai then sakuraend bears to death
Stage5: Repeat stage2

"Chimps can't aim hatou straight, case closed"
"You sure they can outrun nyau?"

Meanwhile on twitter:

"LFP Solo Extreme 1-5"
"Help you get expert title in person, starting from 1 million yen! (does not offer service to offshore islands)"

oratank
Oct 7, 2016, 10:35 PM
lol just wow fohu somebody should tell him if fohu are not enough go affix all def,resist,stamina unit it's cool

Gaylar
Oct 7, 2016, 10:53 PM
>gunne is impossible
>tanky fohu

that has to be trolling lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 7, 2016, 10:59 PM

Meanwhile on swiki:

"Stage 3 Diabo+Ringa keeps circling aroundaroundaroundaroundaround, disgusting"
"Gunne is impossilbe"
"i dunno what class is good so i went in tanky FoHu. Died at DragonX"

Meanwhile on 2ch:

Meanwhile on twitter:

"LFP Solo Extreme 1-5"
"Help you get expert title in person, starting from 1 million yen! (does not offer service to offshore islands)"

As a katana br/hu, I do not abide waiting for KC before every floor like a huge coward.

ShadowStarEdge
Oct 7, 2016, 11:11 PM
I don't get why I keep getting groups that steamroll Double but have trouble in PD tbh. Anyway I haven't noticed any difference in PD so far in Expert blocks. I used to get rank 18 consistently in regular XH blocks before and now every run since has been slower. Not that I care either way but I feel like these blocks do nothing

Zyrusticae
Oct 7, 2016, 11:17 PM
My PD blocks have been marginally better (I've had some terrible parties in the past) on average, but it's really in tower defense and Magatsu where the expert blocks shine in my experience. I no longer have to worry that I won't get all four runs in on Magatsu, and generally speaking I also have no fear of failure in TD, either. Big difference compared to where things used to be, where I'd be gambling most of the time on whether or not my party would be any good at all.

ShadowStarEdge
Oct 7, 2016, 11:20 PM
Well I use Magatsu for alt leveling so idc about that. I'll take your word that its better in the Expert blocks though. I only go to MB4 for XH but I'm never around for when that's up which is why I'll always be stuck at a shitty 20 ele Vitol Orbit for my R-ATK alt

ArcaneTechs
Oct 8, 2016, 02:51 AM
Expert Blocks are more or less Average or slightly above average mixed in with really bad players who managed to not be lazy and cleared ez modo XQ 1-5. I mean i didnt expect a whole lot from this aside people making the usual joke "I cleared solo XQ 1-5, am i pro now?". I mean these "pro" blocks filtered out the lazy ppl i guess

i have at least one person on my team complain and whine about it being too hard cuz Diabo too op along with Ringer even though he has Full Austere gear 150/9. i mean, come on man

Massaki
Oct 8, 2016, 12:48 PM
i have at least one person on my team complain and whine about it being too hard cuz Diabo too op along with Ringer even though he has Full Austere gear 150/9. i mean, come on man

Sounds more like that they're not very smart. =x Even for someone like me who doesn't have completely fully affixed gear, I was able to clear that stage without too much of a problem and without resorting to stuff like Massive Hunter/Half Automate and cheesy shit like that. Just gotta play smart and abuse those weaknesses.

IchijinKali
Oct 8, 2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds more like that they're not very smart. =x Even for someone like me who doesn't have completely fully affixed gear, I was able to clear that stage without too much of a problem and without resorting to stuff like Massive Hunter/Half Automate and cheesy shit like that. Just gotta play smart and abuse those weaknesses.

And try to kill only one type of mob. So you only have to deal with one boss at a time >_>

nguuuquaaa
Oct 8, 2016, 03:59 PM
What's with the difficulty clearing 1~5 everyone's talking about? I remember running 1~5 just once, failing 4 out of 5 stages and still coming out alive :wacko:

gabor100
Oct 8, 2016, 04:47 PM
Meanwhile on 2ch:

What is the minimum gear requirement to be able to kill the things that you need to kill before Katana Combat ends?

IchijinKali
Oct 8, 2016, 05:01 PM

Da fuck I did that as a BR/HU it took about 8 min at max with a LIVE Katana and Iron WIll/Never Give Up not Halfline/Massive. Are people really that bad at combat in this game? Hell that time stamp is around the time I finished as my TE/RA.

Zephyrion
Oct 8, 2016, 05:01 PM
What is the minimum gear requirement to be able to kill the things that you need to kill before Katana Combat ends?

Red katana is enough, probably Dio katana at lv 30 is enough too, and I might even be overshooting a bit. you have 24 seconds to kill bosses with greatly reduced HP pool, so provided you can use katana (that is to say press the guren button) you should come out alive from every 1-5 stage, except maybe stage 2, where you may have to *gasp* counter Gunne

IchijinKali
Oct 8, 2016, 11:50 PM
Pfthahahahhahahah

The 'expert' blocks have finally proven that it is a wholly failed concept.

XH blocks never once did we lose a base we may not get an S rank but we sure as hell never lose a base, in fact I've never gotten lower than A. "How bad was it" you may ask. Well how does losing a base at the end of Wave 3 sound?

Hell I remember running TD1 with 3/4 others, randoms at that, on XH and we still managed to keep all the bases kicking by the end. TD4 pft we lost purple at the end of Wave 3 with Green and Blue at about half their HP. Hmm maybe the new solo XQ could teach players something else that they should have already learned before reaching the XH blocks, DEFENSE and AGGROING.

ShadowStarEdge
Oct 8, 2016, 11:59 PM
I mean realistically all solo XQ teaches you is how to play solo XQ. There's a fundamental difference between a boss rush and a quest that requires you to adapt to whatever your MPA is doing to ensure fuckery does not occur

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2016, 12:11 AM
My Demise ran like a dream. I'm satisfied.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 9, 2016, 12:18 AM
Losing a Base @ w3, in TD4? Do people not AIS, or call out "のります”? There's a counter on the right that shows how many AIS's has been deployed、as well as an AIS icon on the map.

Edit:

Usually failure in TD4 occurs because the MPA was oblivious to Vibrace's/Bibrace's bomb.

ohpz
Oct 9, 2016, 12:27 AM

Same here. Got an A rank followed by an S rank on block 20 since I went to grab team atk buff with that being the lowest block that wasn't into premium space yet. XH blocks for me were usually TD4 / magatsu skip time because most of them ended up being so frustrating that I'd end up quitting before their inevitable failures. Even no WB Magatsu died before the 1st door yesterday.

oratank
Oct 9, 2016, 12:36 AM
please S rank only no other rank allow.if fail to get S rank mpa suck.i got A on first run because mpa play like expert they don't need to suit up when they short of ais even i call out we need 1 ais

Masu
Oct 9, 2016, 01:35 AM

Da fuck I did that as a BR/HU it took about 8 min at max with a LIVE Katana and Iron WIll/Never Give Up not Halfline/Massive. Are people really that bad at combat in this game? Hell that time stamp is around the time I finished as my TE/RA.

Looks like someone who was just gone afk :-?

Pfthahahahhahahah

The 'expert' blocks have finally proven that it is a wholly failed concept.

XH blocks never once did we lose a base we may not get an S rank but we sure as hell never lose a base, in fact I've never gotten lower than A. "How bad was it" you may ask. Well how does losing a base at the end of Wave 3 sound?.........*snip*
Reading you I wonder if we play the same game because it happened to me more than once...I would even say that's what happen something like 60% of time

Keilyn
Oct 9, 2016, 02:04 AM
I haven't lost an MPA yet in the Expert Blocks.
However, I know that eventually we will lose for the simple fact that we can't win them all.

Part of being an Expert in any game, field, or area is to be strong enough to know when the winds are about to blow against you and step right up and take control of the situation. That is what I am known for in other games and sometimes in the TD in this game. Turning a possible defeat into a win by my own leadership or another's is a sign of expertise...

The pity I have for the people who lost in the Expert Block is not in actually losing, but that at least one of the twelve who had ran it countless times failed to step up, lead, and help out the run. 99% of the time we don't need a leader and we can just play it by ear, but for that 1% where all is failing apart and the MPA comes together and wins... Those to me are my best moments in MPAs in this game...

I hope that people in expert blocks are more prone to the quality that truly makes an expert in the Real World and in games...
...The ability to listen to each other, read each other... and learn from each other. ^_^

Maybe I was an ass earlier in the thread for declaring my intention, perception, and opinion,
but where I might score low in tact, I know I get at least a 10 for being directly honest and not beating a bush. :)

The Quality of MPAs has been higher in the Expert Blocks in my experience...
...and I am happy I finally have a block where I can play much more seriously. :)

Hrith
Oct 9, 2016, 02:41 AM
Man, I really have not... Even the Unleashed Prestige party was bad, and that's a stupidly easy mission -_-;

Profound Goldness still taking over 10 minutes and 50% of the party is dead 50% of the time. Don't get Guts Drinks, please.

elryan
Oct 9, 2016, 03:31 AM
I'm still waiting for SEGA to suddenly ninja increase the requirement for accessing the expert block:

"Oh, so most people can now access the expert block because Katana Combat abuse? Well then, you should totally do Solo XQ 6-10!"

That would be hilariously satisfying.

martinmeegan
Oct 9, 2016, 03:49 AM
I haven't lost an MPA yet in the Expert Blocks.
However, I know that eventually we will lose for the simple fact that we can't win them all.

Part of being an Expert in any game, field, or area is to be strong enough to know when the winds are about to blow against you and step right up and take control of the situation. That is what I am known for in other games and sometimes in the TD in this game. Turning a possible defeat into a win by my own leadership or another's is a sign of expertise...

The pity I have for the people who lost in the Expert Block is not in actually losing, but that at least one of the twelve who had ran it countless times failed to step up, lead, and help out the run. 99% of the time we don't need a leader and we can just play it by ear, but for that 1% where all is failing apart and the MPA comes together and wins... Those to me are my best moments in MPAs in this game...

I hope that people in expert blocks are more prone to the quality that truly makes an expert in the Real World and in games...
...The ability to listen to each other, read each other... and learn from each other. ^_^

Maybe I was an ass earlier in the thread for declaring my intention, perception, and opinion,
but where I might score low in tact, I know I get at least a 10 for being directly honest and not beating a bush. :)

The Quality of MPAs has been higher in the Expert Blocks in my experience...
...and I am happy I finally have a block where I can play much more seriously. :)

Geez, you really are a self righteous arse. I suspect that what you're "known for" has nothing to do with how you play any game.......

IchijinKali
Oct 9, 2016, 03:55 AM
I'm still waiting for SEGA to suddenly ninja increase the requirement for accessing the expert block:

"Oh, so most people can now access the expert block because Katana Combat abuse? Well then, you should totally do Solo XQ 6-10!"

That would be hilariously satisfying.

Uh I still cheesed that with my BR/HU. I didn't die once when it first came out. Why? Because Iron Will activated everytime. In fact it activated 3 times on floor 10, 5 times total. Did it earlier today, just because I needed a Dio kill for reverse bingo, and it wasn't as cheesed filled as last time. Iron Will only activated once and it was during the part I wasn't supposed to heal for 60 seconds.

elryan
Oct 9, 2016, 04:15 AM
Uh I still cheesed that with my BR/HU. I didn't die once when it first came out. Why? Because Iron Will activated everytime. In fact it activated 3 times on floor 10, 5 times total. Did it earlier today, just because I needed a Dio kill for reverse bingo, and it wasn't as cheesed filled as last time. Iron Will only activated once and it was during the part I wasn't supposed to heal for 60 seconds.

Yes, I know it can still be cheesed with Katana Combat.

You can clear 1-5 with barely grinded stuffs. But you can no longer cheese 6-10 with a barely grinded units and weapons.

IchijinKali
Oct 9, 2016, 04:25 AM
Yes, I know it can still be cheesed with Katana Combat.

You can clear 1-5 with barely grinded stuffs. But you can no longer cheese 6-10 with a barely grinded units and weapons.

Pretty much as two of the fights expect you to be fighting for awhile, Stage 8 and 10. Fail to clear 8's no heal for 100 seconds then Stage 9 Don't Get Hit just got a whole lot harder to clear. Fail that ho boy 'Good' 'Luck' with Stage 10.

Zephyrion
Oct 9, 2016, 05:59 AM
I'm still thinking ARKS Grand Prix quest would be a better requirement than solo XQ, as I've said a while ago : streamlined gear + skill tree solo vs Loser and PD pretty much would negate any way of cheesing the thing : you'd just need good knowledge of your weapon, of the event, and a bare minimum of common sense and mechanical skills, which to me matter a whole lot more than having godlike gear. Oh well maybe one day.

Kondibon
Oct 9, 2016, 07:19 AM
I'm still thinking ARKS Grand Prix quest would be a better requirement than solo XQ, as I've said a while ago : streamlined gear + skill tree solo vs Loser and PD pretty much would negate any way of cheesing the thing : you'd just need good knowledge of your weapon, of the event, and a bare minimum of common sense and mechanical skills, which to me matter a whole lot more than having godlike gear. Oh well maybe one day.Something like that is actually a really good idea.

Moffen
Oct 9, 2016, 08:10 AM

I feel it mann,was in B-15 and the MPA glided through demise without a single tower down and all of them topped off at max health before Falz Milf died.
Good stuff.

Tunga
Oct 9, 2016, 03:13 PM
There are expert blocks but I still don't see Hunter blocks. I am gonna leech on expert blocks as Su/Hu 75/75 with Coat Edge 13* 60 element light until my demands are met.

Make that recycle bin weapon either wind or dark for extra effect...

vantpers
Oct 9, 2016, 03:17 PM
Original post mentioned light element specifically, but hey next updated and we get Ultimate Amduscia and probably 0.8 modifier on light for most mobs.

RX-93
Oct 9, 2016, 06:32 PM
Someone sure likes deleting posts.

Totori
Oct 9, 2016, 06:34 PM
It's toxic behavior.

But still as I said before on the terms of the block status. They really should have just done a premade 4 person party set up. If they truly were worried about Ult. Am being so "Hard" The solo XQ just tells you have to survive when playing alone, with a specific set up.

Tunga
Oct 9, 2016, 06:48 PM
I wonder why my post about the coat edge 13* keep getting deleted.

Great Pan
Oct 9, 2016, 07:01 PM
Done Solo XQ. Goodbye, XH blocks. Expert block, here I come!

silo1991
Oct 9, 2016, 07:01 PM
i just have to say these exclusive blocks ruined my life , i cant play riding quest because of it ): also i cant survive the gryphen for some reason the hunter passive that makes me survive for 1 HP doesnt work with him ( i tried 3 times so far ) and who knows what have the second round of the solo XQ

Flaoc
Oct 9, 2016, 07:15 PM
i just have to say these exclusive blocks ruined my life , i cant play riding quest because of it ): also i cant survive the gryphen for some reason the hunter passive that makes me survive for 1 HP doesnt work with him ( i tried 3 times so far ) and who knows what have the second round of the solo XQ

there isnt anything wrong with these segregated blocks at all.. the pro blocks are for good players to hopefully find other good players in a pug rather than them get frustrated at the bads ruining their runs. basically if you want to run in the pro blocks sega is saying git gud more or less

Zysets
Oct 9, 2016, 07:56 PM

Iron Will? Iron Will has a chance making you survive a KO hit, not a guarantee, you've just been unlucky unfortunately. I recommend you don't rely on it, it's a great asset to have, but don't assume it'll always work, at best, it has a 1/4 chance of failing.
Also, what do you mean second round? I don't think Stage 1 of Solo XQ had Gryphon, I thought it was just Nyaus. Unless you mean the second set of stages, which aren't a requirement to enter the Expert Blocks.

On the topic of Expert Blocks, I didn't support them at first because I kept thinking of the negative impacts they could have, but after doing multiple PD runs under 8 minutes, and finally having a good MPA that's organized and with excellent team work during TD4, they've won me over.

These restrictions were honestly for the best, I hope it convinces more players to properly gear up and learn their classes to the best of their ability, because the game truly shines when everyone is prepared. I'm not even that great at the game, to be honest, but I feel like my efforts to improve over the last four years have paid off, I can carry my own weight efficiently enough to be an asset in an MPA, and I'm glad I have better chances to play with others who have also put in their fair share of effort. Granted, not EVERY run on Expert Blocks has been smooth, but I've noticed an increase in the amount of players who at least have fully grinded, appropriate equipment for XH difficulty, and I feel the difference that alone makes now. The restrictions could have been done better, of course, but for what it's worth, I'm enjoying the game more since they were added.

I don't think Solo XQ 1-5 is a proper test of ability, but I have to admit that unless you plan on using cheap gimmicks to pass, it at least requires you to know what to do with your skills and equipment. It wouldn't be my choice of a "performance exam", but I don't expect Sega to make it any more fair.

Tunga
Oct 9, 2016, 08:03 PM

Iron will has a 75% chance of working, and it wont stop you from dying if you get hit right after it procs. You need a better build if you can't clear XQ 1-5.

Anduril
Oct 9, 2016, 09:00 PM
I don't think Solo XQ 1-5 is a proper test of ability, but I have to admit that unless you plan on using cheap gimmicks to pass, it at least requires you to know what to do with your skills and equipment. It wouldn't be my choice of a "performance exam", but I don't expect Sega to make it any more fair.

I have to agree; though, cheap gimmicks work wonders in it. I ended up clearing it today as a 75/50 HU/SU, using my FO/TE Saiki (ie. no S-ATK affixes), a Lv5 R/Attack Advance, and an Ex.11 50% Ice Red Sword +20 with just Spirita III; I used Sacrifice Bite Type-0 and primarily focused on normal attacks. Never ended up using my half-doll and still had 2 Trimates left at the end. Since I spent a lot of time just running away and Resta-ing when I could, I took me about 10 minutes. And keep in mind, before yesterday, the last time I used a Sword was during Ep.1. If they wanted to be serious about the requirements, there is no way I should be able to get into expert blocks.

Yden
Oct 9, 2016, 09:23 PM
I hate the solo extreme quest. As a ranger main, they decide to shit on the class by making you fight bosses in small arenas with weak bullet jamming.

red1228
Oct 9, 2016, 09:45 PM
I hate the solo extreme quest. As a ranger main, they decide to shit on the class by making you fight bosses in small arenas with weak bullet jamming.
...You do know that we just got a ring that allows Launchers to get Ranger's Weak Hit Advance perk at all times, right?

echofaith
Oct 9, 2016, 09:51 PM
Not the best filter, but still a filter. At least bottom tier players(those who cant be bothered to even cheese it) wont be draging mpas.

But I do agree is a bad test overall, even if they did put the 6-10 instead. Putting enemies that hit harder while making them more squishy doesnt make you perform better in EQs where enemies have their real stats. And is solo...this alone will changes the strategy used compared to playing an actual 12 players quest.

Zysets
Oct 9, 2016, 10:29 PM
I have to agree; though, cheap gimmicks work wonders in it. I ended up clearing it today as a 75/50 HU/SU, using my FO/TE Saiki (ie. no S-ATK affixes), a Lv5 R/Attack Advance, and an Ex.11 50% Ice Red Sword +20 with just Spirita III; I used Sacrifice Bite Type-0 and primarily focused on normal attacks. Never ended up using my half-doll and still had 2 Trimates left at the end. Since I spent a lot of time just running away and Resta-ing when I could, I took me about 10 minutes. And keep in mind, before yesterday, the last time I used a Sword was during Ep.1. If they wanted to be serious about the requirements, there is no way I should be able to get into expert blocks.

Like I said, not my first choice for an entrance exam. At the very least, cheap gimmicks are still useful outside of Solo XQ. And like EchoFaith above me said, there are people who aren't even good enough to use cheap gimmicks, so hey, there's that.

I mean, I've had a much better time in Expert Blocks than I've ever had before, so I'm just glad we have this at all. This is something that should have been in place from the very beginning, and more properly developed, though.

milranduil
Oct 9, 2016, 10:43 PM

were you legitimately trying or seeing how badly your gear could be to clear it?

silo1991
Oct 10, 2016, 12:11 AM
i have saiki set fully grinded but not crafted( not sure what i should do there) i have AIS , aura and 2 ray rifles ( one of fire with burn and one of lightning with shock) , i just dont undestand how the gryphen can one shot me :/

and for 2nd round i was talking about stage 6 to 10

Masu
Oct 10, 2016, 12:21 AM
You got prolly one shot by those "heat seekers bullet" it send when flying. I got one shot too once, even tho it's an easy to dodge attack. Thanks lag :-)

HentaiLolicon
Oct 10, 2016, 12:28 AM

Just test stage 6-10 again with launcher ring. At stage 8, just drop cosmos and see mobs burn; stage9, WB-> parallel slide (crafted). Done

Anduril
Oct 10, 2016, 01:39 AM
were you legitimately trying or seeing how badly your gear could be to clear it?

I had been playing around with HU/SU since I was trying out potential Sword builds for the new character I was going to make (I don't use any character except Kayla for end-game content, so my alts don't always use "standard" class combos), and seeing the survivability I was able to get even when playing a 50/75 SU/HU (while leveling SU), I thought, "Fuck it; I keep dying to Gels as a FO/TE (because of those stupid homing Zans), let's see how this works." Then lo-and-behold, I was able to do it on the first try with that HU/SU build.

Keilyn
Oct 10, 2016, 03:02 AM
Congrats Anduril. :)
I like it when people find their own way to win outside of just sheer convention and brute force.

You tried it in one way and were defeated.
So you went back to the drawing board and tried whatever way suited your own play style and abilities with the current things that you have and were obtainable.

In short, you thought in the now..
instead of thinking in regret and "What if I would have done X" attitude.

You should be happy your plan and attempt worked.
Good Job ^_^

milranduil
Oct 10, 2016, 04:41 PM
I had been playing around with HU/SU since I was trying out potential Sword builds for the new character I was going to make (I don't use any character except Kayla for end-game content, so my alts don't always use "standard" class combos), and seeing the survivability I was able to get even when playing a 50/75 SU/HU (while leveling SU), I thought, "Fuck it; I keep dying to Gels as a FO/TE (because of those stupid homing Zans), let's see how this works." Then lo-and-behold, I was able to do it on the first try with that HU/SU build.

zandion one shots gels like its nothing without lightning/wind mastery. idk what you were trying to do.

Anduril
Oct 10, 2016, 05:08 PM
zandion one shots gels like its nothing without lightning/wind mastery. idk what you were trying to do.

I'll be honest. I completely forgot I had Zandion.

Moffen
Oct 10, 2016, 05:16 PM
I'll be honest. I completely forgot I had Zandion.

Well played there then :P

Its okay,I forget I have PP convert when I absolutely need it and get mad because I have PP issues,when theres a fix right there.
It happens.

Sakarisei
Oct 10, 2016, 05:56 PM

Same. Basically the most stupid thing that I've seen in this game. Obviously I did it for not being marked as a newbie. However, that thing is absolutely unnecesary...

MightyHarken
Oct 10, 2016, 07:47 PM
Same. Basically the most stupid thing that I've seen in this game. Obviously I did it for not being marked as a newbie. However, that thing is absolutely unnecesary...

I was able to finish stages 1-10 as ra/hu and basically all you had to do is learn the patterns and always anticipate. However I do agree that WB jamming seems to be a ranger nerf rather than a mpa nerf. Which is why I would love a weak bullet rework to make it work only for rangers and remove wb jamming. My idea was something like power charges, instead of applying a weak point. It would individually increase your damage output by 200% for 10 seconds per Power charge. 4 charges at lv 10.

sol_trigger
Oct 11, 2016, 08:21 AM
the end of leechers

NightfallG
Oct 11, 2016, 08:57 AM
the end of leechers

Hahahahahahaha, nah. Not even close.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 11, 2016, 09:20 AM
Hahahahahahaha, nah. Not even close.

At least it wards off no-brainers. You still need to know how to use your combination properly(except for gaijin samurai) to clear stage 1-5

Zorak000
Oct 11, 2016, 09:31 AM
it kinda sucks though if block 15 or so gets non-premium full then block 16 doesn't even start filling until block 22ish gets non-premium full; especially when you are trying to meetup with non-premium friends who logged in less than 10 minutes before an EQ :v

Zorak000
Oct 11, 2016, 11:25 AM
https://twitter.com/Otubakurame/status/785544482011787264

dang they set the bar for gear quality real low for this didnt they

isCasted
Oct 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
3 hours... Now that's some Extreme Questing.

Keilyn
Oct 13, 2016, 09:32 PM
Seems the community is adapting and the split (like in all games) have occurred.

XH Blocks = Where the bottom feeders lie who refuse to complete XQ H&H Stage 1 - 5
Expert Blocks = It seems everyone and their dog is racing to meet this requirement. As equipment upgrades are made clear, including the new Ultimate Mode coming out soon; it seems that players will be able to clear the requirement to have access to these blocks in their sleep.

Fast Forward six months into the future..
I am sure that outside of first-level 70 characters entering XH mode, that the majority will be in the Expert Blocks flooding things.

The last time I did profound darkness in an expert block, only half of the MPA was actually level 75 in the expert block. :( The requirement for the Expert Block should have been Main Class Level 75 + Clear H&H 6 - 10. :(

Edit: been under tons of stress lately...... makes me wonder where my mind has gone lately :( I dont mean to lash out....

milranduil
Oct 13, 2016, 09:44 PM
i'm confused why you think the difference between 70 and 75 is that big... gear/skill speaks way more than the number over their head in an XH EQ

Totori
Oct 13, 2016, 10:11 PM
Because he's a peep, with an rather extreme elitist mindset, who gets a massive ego boost being able to boast about simple things?

Zysets
Oct 13, 2016, 10:26 PM
I'm fine with people if they're at least 70-71. Usually by that point you can get all the most important aspects of a class tree down. It's really not that big of a deal, as long as everyone knows what to do in whatever the particular EQ is, have decent gear and know how to play their class effectively, it really doesn't matter if they level 72 or something. Level is much easier to increase by leeching, it proves nothing.

Xaeris
Oct 13, 2016, 10:35 PM
Because he's a peep, with an rather extreme elitist mindset, who gets a massive ego boost being able to boast about simple things?

An elitist would at least be good at this game though.

Vatallus
Oct 13, 2016, 10:41 PM
The requirement to run Heaven and Hell is lv75. It wouldn't be far off to expect expert blocks to have a lv 75 requirement also....

It doesn't really matter though. The difference between 70 and 75 is maybe one affix worth of attack unless you did some funky things to your build.

HeyItsTHK
Oct 13, 2016, 10:45 PM
Expert Blocks are a placebo effect. Still hit or miss MPAs as always.

ShadowStarEdge
Oct 13, 2016, 11:00 PM

Elite =/= Elitist

milranduil
Oct 13, 2016, 11:54 PM

false, just look at a certain fihu on this forum that thinks lv 10 warcry fi = win

Keilyn
Oct 14, 2016, 12:46 AM
i'm confused why you think the difference between 70 and 75 is that big... gear/skill speaks way more than the number over their head in an XH EQ

Just a consistency and habit from all other online RPGs I've played.

Look at your sig before you call me elitist. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

SteveCZ
Oct 14, 2016, 04:53 AM
I'm glad this block exist. It's just legal to tell people who are doing things wrong and no reason to say that they are there just for "fun" (a.k.a leisure.. you know what I mean).

On the opposite, now at least there's no reason to be a jerk in a non-expert block just because some players feels dragged down cause there's an expert block for that.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 16, 2016, 12:29 AM
what are the numbers of 'expert' blocks?

ShadowStarEdge
Oct 16, 2016, 12:33 AM
13 - 26

Zysets
Oct 16, 2016, 12:35 AM
what are the numbers of 'expert' blocks?

I can't remember off the top of my head what the last Expert block is, but they start at Block 13.

Edit- Ah, ninja'd.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 16, 2016, 12:54 AM
Expert Blocks are a placebo effect. Still hit or miss MPAs as always.

Oh, I dunno, at least over here on ship 2 it feels like a marked improvement. On the other hand runs outside them are even worse, now. Though that's to be expected when you segregate players, even if the bar isn't too high.

This is assuming your perspective is from ship 6, though.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 16, 2016, 12:57 AM
13 - 26

Hm, sounds like a lot

isCasted
Oct 16, 2016, 01:24 AM
13-21, actually. 22+ is regular XH blocks.

Vatallus
Oct 16, 2016, 02:30 AM

I'm on Expert block leeching yo exps! .... with my austere katana and affixed units.

HeyItsTHK
Oct 16, 2016, 02:58 AM
Oh, I dunno, at least over here on ship 2 it feels like a marked improvement. On the other hand runs outside them are even worse, now. Though that's to be expected when you segregate players, even if the bar isn't too high.

This is assuming your perspective is from ship 6, though.

Ah yeah this is from my ship perspective. Still worth going to to better my chances on like hard mode Profound Darkness or mining bases or something, for sure.

Shinamori
Oct 16, 2016, 04:27 AM
If you're in the lower end of the 'pro' blocks, you're gonna have a bad tom.

Sonichi
Oct 16, 2016, 07:44 AM

Doesn't make much difference, there's nothing particularly better about players who camp a top block than those who log on late and grab a lower block. Having played on both it's just pot luck whether you get an amazing MPA, or a good MPA. At the very least the general quality of all those blocks is higher than the non-pro blocks. Quite visibly so when you consistently get 5 ToT runs.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2016, 08:25 AM
Doesn't make much difference, there's nothing particularly better about players who camp a top block than those who log on late and grab a lower block. Having played on both it's just pot luck whether you get an amazing MPA, or a good MPA. At the very least the general quality of all those blocks is higher than the non-pro blocks. Quite visibly so when you consistently get 5 ToT runs.In my experience getting in SUPER early or REALLY late leads to the best parties since those are the times when the people who want to, or already did, get multiple runs in go.

Sonichi
Oct 16, 2016, 08:57 AM
In my experience getting in SUPER early or REALLY late leads to the best parties since those are the times when the people who want to, or already did, get multiple runs in go.

I may be slightly biased towards it not mattering as I play EQs with the same 4 player party consisting of 1RA/1TE and the other two members going as FO or FI depending on EQ. So support and WB is always there. ^^;

wefwq
Oct 16, 2016, 08:59 AM

Better than regular block still.

sparab
Jan 30, 2017, 09:48 AM
Starting late March, new titles are required to go to expert blocks.

Zulastar
Jan 30, 2017, 10:24 AM
Nothing changes... New requirements are half-assed thought, and low-dps people still welcomed to EXPERT blocks.

Thanks for Boost item freezing option I can do 3 Mothers run with 1 set of RDR+TriBoost. These lamers make it real tough... And TD4 fails still occur 'cause of them even on a TOP block!

I wish SEGA will make a requirement to S-rank ALL 10 stages in BOTH Solo Extremes for REAL Expert Blocks.

Alenoir
Jan 30, 2017, 12:28 PM
Just make one block with a title requirement that you only get when you +20 an Effort Symbol.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 30, 2017, 12:41 PM
Just make one block with a title requirement that you only get when you +20 an Effort Symbol.
Oh, that's gonna boost premium buying a lot, all hail sega! Go buy another dreamcast

Nothing changes... New requirements are half-assed thought, and low-dps people still welcomed to EXPERT blocks.

Thanks for Boost item freezing option I can do 3 Mothers run with 1 set of RDR+TriBoost. These lamers make it real tough... And TD4 fails still occur 'cause of them even on a TOP block!

I wish SEGA will make a requirement to S-rank ALL 10 stages in BOTH Solo Extremes for REAL Expert Blocks.

Somebody playing way too much.

milranduil
Jan 30, 2017, 01:23 PM

carry harder

wahahaha
Jan 30, 2017, 01:36 PM

Find a team, there's a way to use 2 mins of booster against mama and get good.

rsod
Jan 30, 2017, 03:48 PM
Actually I don't get why it's needed to be +35 instead of like 60 attribute. Just waste of time. +31 weapon with 60 attribute and +35 weapon with 60 attribute, makes no difference at all. There is actually no really need to grind weapon to +35, it's just a little bit of atk which is definitely not bad but not musthave either. And most of special ability factors are honestly complete shit.

And grinding in this game is bad at all. Because you're just paying meseta for predefined things, you always end up with same stats. Wouldn't it be much better if each time you grind unit for example you could select which type of def you want to upgrade? That would make much more sense. Not sure what could be done for weapons in this way tho.

Kazzi
Jan 30, 2017, 03:51 PM
RIP to anyone who worked hard to complete their Austere with affixes and 60 ele.

Alenoir
Jan 30, 2017, 04:56 PM
Actually I don't get why it's needed to be +35 instead of like 60 attribute. Just waste of time. +31 weapon with 60 attribute and +35 weapon with 60 attribute, makes no difference at all. There is actually no really need to grind weapon to +35, it's just a little bit of atk which is definitely not bad but not musthave either. And most of special ability factors are honestly complete shit.

And grinding in this game is bad at all. Because you're just paying meseta for predefined things, you always end up with same stats. Wouldn't it be much better if each time you grind unit for example you could select which type of def you want to upgrade? That would make much more sense. Not sure what could be done for weapons in this way tho.

SEGA mentioned something to the idea that that the norm/average for 13* is +32 for element 60, and that +35 is completely in the hobby territory.

I honestly don't think grinding (and affixing) is that bad once you understand how it works. And picking stats? I'm pretty sure that's what affixes are meant to be. ('Cept we all go ATK on them anyways.) I'm just glad they actually have success helping items that can be exchanged with in-game currency, instead of like, just about every other free online games out there where these items would have been directly from the cash shop.

KatherineAlexandra
Jan 30, 2017, 05:40 PM
Guess me and my austeres can go and get fkd. Ty sega.

Zysets
Jan 30, 2017, 06:26 PM
On one hand, sucks Austere got kicked in the ass, Austere is still a good weapon series. On the other hand, there's already things better than Austere that are really easy to get. I've been busy most of the past 2 months and still +35'd two Astras.

Xaeris
Jan 30, 2017, 07:34 PM
I have zero investment in this seeing as I never understood the fascination with increasing the level cap in the first place, but you all can keep on using Austeres, you know. You make a +35 NT, which is trivially simple for anyone who's completed an Austere, to serve as your key, and then you can go right back to whatever you were doing. What's more, you have nearly two months of advance notice.

SteveCZ
Jan 30, 2017, 08:42 PM
but you all can keep on using Austeres

Save all your money by keep using Austere until you get 14* weapons. )b ..

SEGA: Not so fast. Here's your NT +35 title requirement! orz

Keilyn
Jan 30, 2017, 11:20 PM
Considering everyone in the past six months made +35s through combining the 13* Client Orders, I don't see how this is of any hardship to anyone...

Kondibon
Jan 31, 2017, 12:07 AM
Considering everyoneWho's everyone? The 13* CO weapons started coming out out before Ability Factors, and even then the Ability Factors on them are trash. Anyone getting those weapons was likely doing it because they literally had no 13* of that type, so why would anyone with an Austere bother?

oratank
Jan 31, 2017, 01:33 AM
everyone whom don't have any ex stone i suppose :p

Alenoir
Jan 31, 2017, 02:07 AM
Who's everyone? The 13* CO weapons started coming out out before Ability Factors, and even then the Ability Factors on them are trash. Anyone getting those weapons was likely doing it because they literally had no 13* of that type, so why would anyone with an Austere bother?

To be fair, I made one of each of the Yamato weapons to +35 when that file was around, simply because Yamato. They're not affixed or anything, but they are +35.

Though I probably fall under SEGA's definition for "doing it as a hobby" on +35ing those.

Kondibon
Jan 31, 2017, 02:11 AM
To be fair, I made one of each of the Yamato weapons to +35 when that file was around, simply because Yamato. They're not affixed or anything, but they are +35.

Though I probably fall under SEGA's definition for "doing it as a hobby" on +35ing those.Eh, I have no doubt that there are people who did it just to do it. I just don't think they're the majority.

arokidaaron
Jan 31, 2017, 03:57 AM
Considering everyone in the past six months made +35s through combining the 13* Client Orders, I don't see how this is of any hardship to anyone...

Everyone who had Austere long before CFs came out maybe? I know a few who didn't bother with NT and just continued using their Austeres. Kinda feel bad for them knowing that they only have a month before they implement this.

Atmius
Jan 31, 2017, 04:17 AM
Quite so. A lot of people don't like the anime npcs either (who were the main giver of said 13* weapons), so for sega to force us to take their partner cards via bingo is actually quite evil.

SteveCZ
Jan 31, 2017, 04:46 AM
Kinda feel bad for them knowing that they only have a month before they implement this.

Austere is old anyway after all. :-P They already gave the big sign by giving the superior version of it and easily obtainable (way, way easier than getting Austere). It's obvious they want to ditch the OT asap. NT +35 as title requirement is nothing but a disguise of it.

TheFanaticViper
Jan 31, 2017, 06:33 AM
It's obvious they want to ditch the OT asap. NT +35 as title requirement is nothing but a disguise of it.

True, they could easily create a title for 13s OT +40 / max elem
Everybody talk about Austere but t's even more ridiculous for series like Orbit/Seiga who have both NT & OT !

Vatallus
Jan 31, 2017, 12:03 PM
I really doubt it has anything to do with "hardships". Austere took a hell of a lot more effort to get than any of the NT weapons because of CFs. I also didn't waste my time with the anime character COs because most of those weapons were mid tier 13*s.

I still have a +35 unlocked 13* for most of the classes I play because of Gix and Astra. The point is the requirement is a joke. The excuse of making it is a joke. Austere and non NT Orbit took more effort than 13* NTs ever did. It isn't because its going to be hard for anyone to do because of the CF system. It is because the idea of it and reasoning behind it is a flop.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was a thing simply because EP2/4 guy wants to leave his mark on the game before getting replaced again at EP5.

sparab
Jan 31, 2017, 12:33 PM
I really doubt it has anything to do with "hardships". Austere took a hell of a lot more effort to get than any of the NT weapons because of CFs. I also didn't waste my time with the anime character COs because most of those weapons were mid tier 13*s.

Casals like me use +32. Better yet: most old CF have expired and you need start grinding new *13 instead of upgrading those +32.

Zysets
Jan 31, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quite so. A lot of people don't like the anime npcs either (who were the main giver of said 13* weapons), so for sega to force us to take their partner cards via bingo is actually quite evil.

Just...get their cards, get the weps, never use their partner character? I understand the shock at having to +35 weapons instead of +30 (which is reasonable amount to grind), but this is silly.

Ziel
Jan 31, 2017, 02:23 PM
So... whats this "free 13⋆ from animu npcs" im reading about which i probably didnt care/skipped, anyone kind enough to care and post a "how2get" pseudo-guide for those who want their +35s so we dont get dumped in empty blocks for eqs?

ZerotakerZX
Jan 31, 2017, 02:41 PM
So... whats this "free 13⋆ from animu npcs" im reading about which i probably didnt care/skipped, anyone kind enough to care and post a "how2get" pseudo-guide for those who want their +35s so we dont get dumped in empty blocks for eqs?

PSU/anime chars when around usually have orders that can easily earn you a decent weapon. kinda all you need to know. Currently Silva can give you her rifle.

Keilyn
Jan 31, 2017, 02:58 PM
Who's everyone? The 13* CO weapons started coming out out before Ability Factors, and even then the Ability Factors on them are trash. Anyone getting those weapons was likely doing it because they literally had no 13* of that type, so why would anyone with an Austere bother?

Always so one-dimensional eh?
I know plenty of people who got those weapons because they were the perfect Austere Fodder back then.

Alenoir
Jan 31, 2017, 04:24 PM

Progress their CO chains enough until you arrive at the CO that gives you a 13* (15 element) as a reward. It can be repeated after a certain amount of times, may or may not be an account-wide cool down. By 60 element your weapon should be at +33 max.

SteveCZ
Jan 31, 2017, 05:51 PM
Don't undertestimate these animu char weapons with their class availabilities. )b

echofaith
Jan 31, 2017, 09:19 PM
I am set for the update, but even I feel upset for this choice of prereq. Not only they are ignoring having a +40 old weapon, but forcing you to get an NT to +35 is essentially making most players hunt twice as much CFs they normally do.
Sucks for players who want to keep it efficent, and even more for those older players who had a good weapon already :/

jooozek
Jan 31, 2017, 09:48 PM
guess ill be playing Su/Fo in pugs since i won't have enough time to get enough weapons from CFs/NPCs

Keilyn
Jan 31, 2017, 11:16 PM
An interesting thing is how grinding systems have changed in the last five years in online games. Five years ago, everything was grinded in Pay-2-Win fashion. Even Phantasy Star Universe with Guardians Cash had a P2W grinding system. Then as time went on, business models started to blend and the grinding systems changed:

F2P: The extremely oppressive cash shops that were P2W started being toned down in favor of introducing subscription services with perks for convenience. A player went from having to P2W a weapon all the way, to convenience throwing players into cash shops.

B2P: These games learned to strike a balance between the difficulty in searching for a weapon, and the difficulty in grinding the weapon. They offer subscription services with perks for convenience.

P2P: These games extremely toned down their grinding systems and instead made the grind as a quest-based element. The hardest part of the grind was in obtaining the weapon, usually through a raid with high difficulty.

If I have to speak on opinion on the best, average, and worse system, I would say

Best System: SBx. I mean wow....! ...I'm in love!
Average System: BDO (Really the average stereotypical sandbox system + failstacking)
Worse System: PSO-2. (In most MMORPGs we grind to win, while in PSO-2 we win to grind)

I've grinded, Max Element and fully affixed 50+ weapons for the endgame in PSO-2.
More weapons than all my characters combined in the last six MMORPGs I've played.
...and this number does not even come close to the players who have no-lifed this game since 2012!

otakun
Feb 1, 2017, 05:57 AM
If you think PSO2 is a "worse system" then you never played an MMO that can break your weapon forever cause of RNG which was pretty common. Also, in BDO, which you set as "average", has a chance of ruining your items based on RNG which is something that doesn't happen in PSO2. Skewed oponion is skewed.

Altiea
Feb 1, 2017, 06:02 AM
(In most MMORPGs we grind to win, while in PSO-2 we win to grind)

This stuck out to me because this is basically what you do in Monster Hunter as well.

Perhaps it's not the best comparison because in MH fights actually feel meaningful and exciting, so even though the game is literally 80% grind, it's still fun and engaging, and grinding for that next upgrade is, in essence, gaining the tools to surmount an obstacle. In PSO2, grind gives you marginally better gear that give bigger numbers to make things die faster.

Although that does raise the following point of "win to grind does not necessarily make a game bad". It just has to be executed right (which PSO2 seems to have a rather hard time doing).

elryan
Feb 1, 2017, 06:57 AM
I think the best thing they can do to Austere is to offer the Union treatment.

Let Austere + something = Austere NT.

That would be amazing.

Zephyrion
Feb 1, 2017, 06:57 AM
An interesting thing is how grinding systems have changed in the last five years in online games. Five years ago, everything was grinded in Pay-2-Win fashion. Even Phantasy Star Universe with Guardians Cash had a P2W grinding system. Then as time went on, business models started to blend and the grinding systems changed:

F2P: The extremely oppressive cash shops that were P2W started being toned down in favor of introducing subscription services with perks for convenience. A player went from having to P2W a weapon all the way, to convenience throwing players into cash shops.

B2P: These games learned to strike a balance between the difficulty in searching for a weapon, and the difficulty in grinding the weapon. They offer subscription services with perks for convenience.

P2P: These games extremely toned down their grinding systems and instead made the grind as a quest-based element. The hardest part of the grind was in obtaining the weapon, usually through a raid with high difficulty.

If I have to speak on opinion on the best, average, and worse system, I would say

Average System: BDO (Really the average stereotypical sandbox system + failstacking)
Worse System: PSO-2. (In most MMORPGs we grind to win, while in PSO-2 we win to grind)

I've grinded, Max Element and fully affixed 50+ weapons for the endgame in PSO-2.
More weapons than all my characters combined in the last six MMORPGs I've played.
...and this number does not even come close to the players who have no-lifed this game since 2012!

Let's be honest for a moment though, every PSO out there has ALWAYS been a grindfest, and for some like me it's actually one of the selling points of the franchise. Most of the people who were attracted to the first PSO and stayed despite the horrendous exp and equipment RNGing, not to mention all the raising item stats and obscure naming affectin drops system actually aren't too repelled by that. same goes for PSU weapon system (weapons that break, seriously ?). You might argue that they are older MMO models, but even then, PSO always put the grindfest to some serious extremes, and most of the people that actually don't enjoy that don't stay on the game in the first place.

The difficulty issue is a real problem though, Previous games always gave you hurdles that were big enough to warrant the grindfest, but it's not really the case at the moment

Vatallus
Feb 1, 2017, 11:02 AM
Off-Topic
[SPOILER-BOX]Lol, Ace Online/Air Rivals/Space Cowboys/Whateverthehelltheycalledthemselves had a grinding system that literally destroyed your item if the grind failed. Or you could give them $$$ to keep the item safe but it would lose grind enchants upon failing. Back down to either 5 or 10 depending on how much $$$ you were willing to give them. So whoever had the most money to waste generally had the best gear for PvP combat.

The NA version of the game had the rates % based like this from 1 to 15.
100/100/100/100/100/90/80/70/60/50/30/20/10/5/1. With protection for enchant 10+ being nearly $10 a shot and most whales having enchant 12 or 13 gear. In a game where player skill could be negated by armor with extremely high evasion stat or defense stat.

Don't even get me started on the leveling system.

I'll stick with what PSO2 has.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway back on topic:

What I'm trying to say is this new requirement is saying that a Bouncer who has a Philodimos+35 is more qualified than a Bouncer with a Austere+40, and that is a problem. Just one example of why I am saying this requirement literally makes no sense. No it won't be hard to get a +35. Most serious players have probably already got Gix or Astra+35 for their respective class if they weren't still using Austere. I'm just saying the requirement means a person using the most shitty 13* NT they can is still more "qualified" to be in the Expect blocks than someone with Austere+40 and 60 element.

Shinamori
Feb 1, 2017, 11:16 AM

What's "SBx"?

Alenoir
Feb 2, 2017, 01:48 PM
I don't know your experience, but PSO2's grinding system is way too lenient in just about any ways possible. Failing a grind? Instead of losing potential max levels, durabilities, or flat out have the weapon destroyed, you just lost the common in-game currency, common grinding material, and maybe a grind or two on the weapon. Then we get to NT, which... what fail? It's just flat increases for NTs.

Flaoc
Feb 2, 2017, 03:11 PM
I don't know your experience, but PSO2's grinding system is way too lenient in just about any ways possible. Failing a grind? Instead of losing potential max levels, durabilities, or flat out have the weapon destroyed, you just lost the common in-game currency, common grinding material, and maybe a grind or two on the weapon. Then we get to NT, which... what fail? It's just flat increases for NTs.

i do not see the issue here.. grinding sucks and the thing lost is actually still pretty valuable since lambdas, while more common than they used to be, still are not handed out enough

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 03:19 PM
i do not see the issue here.. grinding sucks and the thing lost is actually still pretty valuable since lambdas, while more common than they used to be, still are not handed out enough
The issue here is that Alenoir used to walk to school in 3 feet of snow up a hill both ways.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 2, 2017, 04:21 PM
God, I hate the mentality of "moar RNG = moar difficult/skill"

If you can do it 100 times, you've already proven you can do it a 1000 times. Adding more RNG elements beyond whats traditional just to set the player back is just adding more bullshit.

Shadowstarkirby
Feb 2, 2017, 06:10 PM

Huh??? Are you saying that you'd like to spend weeks to months making very costly 13*s then having your millions of meseta, lambdas, and the weapon itself flushed down the drain because RNG decides to boom your weapon trying to max it's potential? Who the hell wants that?

PSO2's NT grinding isn't "too lenient", it's just fine. You're spending a significant amount of meseta to max a 13*, the same meseta that can be used to fashion up, which has gotten increasingly expensive with the introduction of layer wear. Lambdas are very valuable still, seeing as there's a tradeoff between meseta and lambdas consumed depending on the fodder method you use. Hell, even OT grinding was leagues better above the enhancement systems I've experienced in other MMOs, and people hated OT. While it did piss me off sometimes, it certainly wasn't a system that undermined your months of work completely.

Collection Files have made it too easy too get top tier weapons if anything, so much so that a maxed 13* is now considered the baseline of what an XH player should have now, but NT grinding is a non-issue.

Zulastar
Feb 2, 2017, 07:11 PM
New Title Requirement make equal EXPERT me, who clear Solo EX2 5 times every week and some nub, who just grind his 1st 13* and clear it once, dying 5 times in process... nuff said

SteveCZ
Feb 2, 2017, 07:21 PM
It's all about the wasted money folks (and resources), money $_$.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 3, 2017, 01:13 AM
New Title Requirement make equal EXPERT me, who clear Solo EX2 5 times every week and some nub, who just grind his 1st 13* and clear it once, dying 5 times in process... nuff said

maybe it's just made to butthurt proffessional carriers, right? Right. And kek.

IchijinKali
Feb 3, 2017, 01:35 AM

Congrats on claiming to clear solo EX2 5 times every week you are now officially THAT GUY.