PDA

View Full Version : What's the best (easiest?) rod to try to farm / obtain?

darkm0d
Oct 8, 2016, 01:35 PM
So, I'm working on the 2016 gold weapon badges. That's pretty obvious in terms of how to get those badge weapons.

I am simply mystified by the Pyroxene shop. It's such an information overload. Which out of all of these should I even be aiming for? Some I assume are extremely hardcore time required items (Like the large shiny stone ones, I assume).

I REALLY like the Spectral Stone Ares Rod. It needs Phantasmal Ares Stone (60). I play a lot, but I'm also new, and don't have any high levels friends to run any extreme stuff so I am just not sure what my best option is for a really nice rod upgrade.

Im actually close to the Lickwig, 100 Synsesta Phantom Pyroxenes, I surprisingly have 68 of those. It's nice but the Ares blows the lickwig away. Anyways, any guidance is super appreciated, thanks!

DRAGONxNOGARD
Oct 8, 2016, 01:52 PM
for now buy red rod grind to +10 unlock potencial again grind to +10 and craft to lv 10 and you will be strong like with 12* rod is a best weapon before austere

darkm0d
Oct 8, 2016, 01:53 PM
for now buy red rod grind to +10 unlock potencial again grind to +10 and craft to lv 10 and you will be strong like with 12* rod is a best weapon before austere

Well I'm using a *9 Garland NT+30

エリュシオン
Oct 8, 2016, 02:08 PM
Generally you want a decent 13*. 2016 Gold badge weapons are not the best but it's pretty easy to 60 element and max grind because it is a NT weapon. Ares on the other hand is pretty average on the 13* Tier list(?), it would be a pain to grind because it uses the old grinding system (Basically 30 Lambda grinders + 2mil Meseta for a perfect grind if you don't have grind skips).

I do not know if you are aware about Collection Files, Pudding is located right of Koffie and she gives out basically free 13*s. I would recommend getting a Ray Rod sheet but it's leaving on the 18th and you want to 60 element. I would recommend you reach Lv70 for Ultimate Quest and on the 18th you pick up the Gicks Rod Sheet since they will be pretty powerful and all you got to do is play the Quest the enemies are in to fill the progress. It should probably take you a couple of days (2-3 depending on %s bosses give on the sheet progress) so it will be pretty easy to get them and 60 element. (They haven't come out yet so I may be terribly wrong)

Sorry for this long post but, hopefully it helps you get a better weapon.

darkm0d
Oct 8, 2016, 02:27 PM
Generally you want a decent 13*. 2016 Gold badge weapons are not the best but it's pretty easy to 60 element and max grind because it is a NT weapon. Ares on the other hand is pretty average on the 13* Tier list(?), it would be a pain to grind because it uses the old grinding system (Basically 30 Lambda grinders + 2mil Meseta for a perfect grind if you don't have grind skips).

I do not know if you are aware about Collection Files, Pudding is located right of Koffie and she gives out basically free 13*s. I would recommend getting a Ray Rod sheet but it's leaving on the 18th and you want to 60 element. I would recommend you reach Lv70 for Ultimate Quest and on the 18th you pick up the Gicks Rod Sheet since they will be pretty powerful and all you got to do is play the Quest the enemies are in to fill the progress. It should probably take you a couple of days (2-3 depending on %s bosses give on the sheet progress) so it will be pretty easy to get them and 60 element. (They haven't come out yet so I may be terribly wrong)

Sorry for this long post but, hopefully it helps you get a better weapon.

Oh don't sweat it, it's great information. I am doing that exact collection file, however progress is not great. I think it's because I'm doing Super Hard not whatevers after that? Ultra? I don't think anything in this SH Featured quest is 71+ , as per the sheets guide.

Right now I only have the blue rod progressing, haha.

エリュシオン
Oct 8, 2016, 02:59 PM
Oh don't sweat it, it's great information. I am doing that exact collection file, however progress is not great. I think it's because I'm doing Super Hard not whatevers after that? Ultra? I don't think anything in this SH Featured quest is 71+ , as per the sheets guide.

Right now I only have the blue rod progressing, haha.
After Super hard is Extra Hard at Lv70. You should be able to enter Super Hard Advance Quests (SHAQ). If you bring a group of friends in there you can gain levels super quick because of the always active 100% EXP Boost in those quests. Bringing the risk up to 10+ allows for 13*s to drop, Revolucio are the ones that drop and they're average tier 13*s. The 13* Rod drops in specific areas (Desert, Tunnels, Tundra, Ruins, Coast, and Seabed). The drop rate on these isn't the worst so I would say use a Rare Drop Boost and an EXP boost to gain levels while also having the chance at a decent 13*.

nguuuquaaa
Oct 8, 2016, 03:10 PM
Well, Vivienne and Emilia will appear in Shop Area on October 19th in place of Karen and Ethan with their weapons (DS and rod) handed out via COs. Expect they're kind of free and good 13*s like all previous CO 13*s

Spiral
Oct 8, 2016, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately, farming ares weapons at this point would be excessively difficult as entering ultimate areas to farm angas alone without any equipment or experience would be tiring. As elysion stated, it is both difficult and nowhere near as good as other weapons.

Ideally the best while also being easiest rod to obtain at the moment would be the ray rod due to collection file, but unfortunately unless you are some monster player it is unlikely that you'll be able to finish 3 copies before the collection file expires. (Ray collection files going away in a week and a half)

Other collection files at the moment are questionable and so as elysion said may just want to focus on leveling first, then pick up the next collection sheet. (No idea if is an effective weapon or not yet?) Similarly, in a week and a half another guest npc (from PSU) should also be holding a CO that hands out a 13* which can also be worked towards, though the potential is not yet known so not exactly known if it is an effective weapon or not. (Though maybe a good half of the CO related ones handed out recently have had quite potent effects)

On the other hand, for a weapon that'll hold you in the mean time/while you're working on future weapons, the red rod (is specifically a 7* weapon called "red rod", not any rare item rod) as suggested by nogard is immediately obtainable but would take some effort to put into working condition. (Needs to be crafted heavily, potential requires photon boosters) It's potential combined with crafts pushes it up to the same level as any of the 11* element specific wands which are particularly effective with their strength being around any good 12*. (Though high 12*'s such as NT nox or photon booster'd psycho wand easily outshine those)

On note of 11* element specific rods, the light specific rod caduceus should be easily obtainable with enough copies to max element as they tend to spill like candy from any emergency with loser (clock boss) and should be obtainable in one or two runs. (Bring your vraolet, if don't know what that is, fortunate omen potential forces items to be unidentified so you can force weapon element to be of specific type - should pick up along with monkey king bar as soon as possible and do specific zieg CO's) Naturally however, its effect only works with light techniques.

These weapons easily blow away lickwig which would likely take many loser (which drops the synsestas) emergencies before reaching the proper amount of stones for. (Since trades in 30 element, would need two copies so would actually need 132 more stones)

As usual, all weapons will want to have its potential (at least level 1) unlocked, be grinded up to +10 and at max element (50 for non-13*'s, 60 for 13*'s) as all of those cause an extremely notable effect on weapon strength.

tl;dr
Likely easy and hopefully powerful options coming out in a week and a half, go get something to hold you in the meantime, level up so you can actually work on whatever comes out.
Hopefully the above is legible. Good luck!

darkm0d
Oct 8, 2016, 04:03 PM
I was wondering if SEGA just hated rod users as all those seasonal clients seemed to only have melee stuff. I've completed the majority of those CO's as well, I assume the 13 stars will be useful to sell if I ever get premium?

However, it seems that the best rod's are non-tradable, so, maybe not.

I did just happen to find a great rod that rolled fire and has a tiny xp boost, 10 star with decent stats so I'm pretty happy with that.

However, thanks for all the advice, I think my best bet is to hit 70 first, (Im 66) and then do the extra hards or whatever. That, and I'll probably soon have the 200 badges.

gabor100
Oct 8, 2016, 04:34 PM
I was wondering if SEGA just hated every class except Fighter, because most of those seasonal clients seemed to only have Fighter stuff.

FTFY.

isCasted
Oct 8, 2016, 04:39 PM
Remember that elemental value affects damage greatly (for example, on Force 60-element means +30% damage for matching technique element and +15% for other elements). To raise it you need to obtain multiple copies of said weapon. So, you actually need 400 badges and not 200 (the gain will be 13% extra base damage, the difference will be higher when going against enemies with higher T-DEF stat). Also, getting Ares would require 180 stones and not 60.

Moffen
Oct 8, 2016, 05:58 PM
I'd use a Dio 10* for the time being till you got something more worthwhile.

Keilyn
Oct 8, 2016, 06:41 PM
As far as SEGA loving Figher is concerned.
I think they are trying to actually get more players to play Fighter...

http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/

Fighter is ranked as the second least played class in the game, followed by Techer.

Of course its understandable why Techer is played the least...
When Combined Techs were released, it gave Force a boss-slayer (not counting their T-ATK mag) skill. This caused existing Techers to ask themselves "which is better...Supporting the Party with Buffs and Heals, and having half a combined tech, or going Force/Techer and having a full combined tech that would annihilate bosses pretty quickly?" Not only this... but in the interim, Summoner Class was released, so its not surprising to see Techer at 4.4%

Moffen
Oct 8, 2016, 08:12 PM
As far as SEGA loving Figher is concerned.
I think they are trying to actually get more players to play Fighter...

http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/

Fighter is ranked as the second least played class in the game, followed by Techer.

Of course its understandable why Techer is played the least...
When Combined Techs were released, it gave Force a boss-slayer (not counting their T-ATK mag) skill. This caused existing Techers to ask themselves "which is better...Supporting the Party with Buffs and Heals, and having half a combined tech, or going Force/Techer and having a full combined tech that would annihilate bosses pretty quickly?" Not only this... but in the interim, Summoner Class was released, so its not surprising to see Techer at 4.4%

The fact they did a check on preferable cup sizes makes me laugh like an idiot.

Keilyn
Oct 8, 2016, 09:20 PM
The fact they did a check on preferable cup sizes makes me laugh like an idiot.

I laughed too.
Its Japan.
Their weird shit is soooo real over there... :)