PDA

View Full Version : Sweet dreams

ZerotakerZX
Oct 10, 2016, 12:45 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/phantasystar/images/3/3d/Psii_dream.png/revision/latest?cb=20110915074835
This may be a weird topic, but at least it will diversify our most common thread list.

Usually I dream about really common stuff, like chores, my kids, friend meetings etc. But sometimes I dream about playing vydyagames, usually it's when I spent too much time on them per day.

So, for example. Not long ago I saw new solo XQ during my sleep. Weird, but it was only 2 stages long. First one was Bal Rodos, it wasn't anything special really, and the second was PD. It was much shorther, but with far more agrresive patterns. And I though: hey, if we have PD for 2nd stage, what's gonna be next? And nothing, that was it. quest complete. I bit of a bummer, so we may consider this dream to be very plausible one :razz:

So, did you had anything strange or intersing in any way envisions while you brain is in powersaving mode?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 10, 2016, 01:02 AM
Once I dreamt of myself wandering a pitch black void. After walking for a long time, I saw a wooden door, and I opened it. Nothing, nothing beyond that door, just the same pitch black void. I kept on walking, same shit, and then I saw the second door. You can guess, same shit again, then 3rd, 4th, 5th....door. I stopped caring actually. Suddenly, this time, it was a gate, though, right when I was about to open it, I woke up to the loud alarm.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 10, 2016, 09:33 PM
Lately for me a unifying timeline theory has been on my mind. I've had a couple of occasions where I'm on the mothership talking to Xiao, my main character, and a few other key characters and bring up the elephant in the room that in order for there to have been a PSO2, there has to have been a PSO regardless of the dimensions/subspace involved. Unfortunately the response in both cases just ended up being nonsensical and an emergency broadcast ends up being my alarm going off.

Zanverse
Oct 10, 2016, 11:49 PM
I have some weird semi-predictions when it comes to my dreams. They don't happen often, but one of them stuck with me because it had to do with PSO2.

Prior to Shironia's release, I had reoccurring dreams of a new PSO2 boss that resembled a burning wheel. In my dreams, my character would chase the wheel enemy around a map that looked like the ruins of a village. I remember writing down a bunch of cool ideas about this wheel boss everyday, I even think I drew his design somewhere. I had these dreams 4 nights in a row. What shocked me was that, the next thing I know, when Shironia released along, I knew there was something famililar about Anjhadu/Hot Wheels.

That was the first time I had a dream like that about a game, and not about something in real life... I just still dont feel like it was only a coincidence.

Zorua
Oct 11, 2016, 03:35 AM
I have PSO dreams a lot. Usually they're related to EQ ideas I come up with. Stuff like upgraded Elder, a mining base where actual full powered Falzes appear, one that took place in the gate area, etc. Sometimes it'll just be chilling in the loby with friends tho.

Dammy
Oct 11, 2016, 04:16 AM
the only PSO dream i had was back in like 2001
i had a dream of me playing online, with real players instead of Bernie and Ash

Shoterxx
Oct 11, 2016, 05:24 AM
I've had PSO2 dreams a couple of times. They're mostly just me playing like normal, as if I was still sitting in my desk, but for some reason, it's always Naberius Forest.

Except this one time. I dreamed of something like those "stuck-in-a-game" anime situations, where I would become my character. Lots of panic, overcrowded lobby, and Falz EQ straight out of the gate. And unlike those anime, no one knew how to fight (as expected of a player base made out of civilians), so we got wiped hardcore. Personaly, I barely managed to get the hang of my Jet Boots, couldn't cast anything, and got sent back to reality with a Falz Arm to the face at full speed.

Keilyn
Oct 11, 2016, 06:54 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/phantasystar/images/3/3d/Psii_dream.png/revision/latest?cb=20110915074835
This may be a weird topic, but at least it will diversify our most common thread list.

Usually I dream about really common stuff, like chores, my kids, friend meetings etc. But sometimes I dream about playing vydyagames, usually it's when I spent too much time on them per day.

So, for example. Not long ago I saw new solo XQ during my sleep. Weird, but it was only 2 stages long. First one was Bal Rodos, it wasn't anything special really, and the second was PD. It was much shorther, but with far more agrresive patterns. And I though: hey, if we have PD for 2nd stage, what's gonna be next? And nothing, that was it. quest complete. I bit of a bummer, so we may consider this dream to be very plausible one :razz:

So, did you had anything strange or intersing in any way envisions while you brain is in powersaving mode?

My dreams end up in three places..

1) As an idea that becomes a story or a mod in a game.
2) As something extremely strange that I keep a journal of all the strange things I think about.
3) ...In the garbage...

I once dreamed of a iridescent spear cutting through the world...except instead of destroying the world, it unraveled it. It proved that worlds existed within worlds as I dreamed those worlds would be affected by the same thing too, sharing the same space within space in a completely different mental layout of things. It became the backdrop for my greatest story I put together along with its spinoffs.

More interesting was how detail developed.
When telling my girlfriend at the time, she asked me to describe the spear and the people who live around the spear as I told her that people would live at the base of the spear, connected externally and internally, drawn by its power..

So I started writing down all the exchanges I had about the subject with her, as well as the exchanges I had with a psychologist who had been a family friend since before I was born. I was asked "What possessed a teenager to think of something like this?" as I was young and I wondered about it. Rather than try to forget about it, I just wrote a lot down... and so she asked me to let her read one of the journals, which opened up with "A tear through shadow, the end of humanity..." and I told her that it wasn't a thought to take my own life, but more of a thought of how to organize it all together....

That I was always in rebellion against standard stereotypes, because I was always tired of being reminded to stay within bounds of different stereotypes, and yes all the in-groups and out-groups did the same. Example would be how in a punk rock movement, everyone talks about being different than everyone else, but everyone in that in-group seems to dress the same way within the projected stereotype.

Anyway,
I've grown to believe that if I am awakened by a dream at 2AM over anything, and I can remember it...
Its best to write it down in the off-chance that it might lead to something special..

Being a musician as well...
Its lead into many song ideas in different genres..
Hey.. nothing wrong with how we draw our ideas...

Of course my fiancee calls it a flash-forward
I call it bullshit. :) But either way...
Don't let a bad dream keep you from having good ones.

~Keilyn

sol_trigger
Oct 11, 2016, 08:19 AM
dreaming about game....i pity you no lifers

Shoterxx
Oct 11, 2016, 11:37 AM
dreaming about game....i pity you no lifers

When it's based on reality, it's usualy just nightmares.

Zysets
Oct 11, 2016, 02:55 PM
I've never dream about PSO2, but I have had dreams about PSU and Classic Phantasy Star (which are probably the ones I've spent the most time playing).

Usually they'll be reliving game storylines, but either with slight variations, or as if I was the main hero, like as if I was in Alis' shoes during the original PS, Ethan/Karen/Laia etc. during PSU plotlines).

It's sad, I've invested too much time into this series over the past decade and a half. I need a life.

yoshiblue
Oct 11, 2016, 04:44 PM
Closest I had to a PSO2 dream so far was in this large scale battle involving usual bad dude mooks and 8 earth people pulled from their planets to "save the galaxy" or whatever. In this battle one of the dudes had the ability to pull any army and make it reality at the cost of his health; so because of it I saw the Great Fox, the Enterprise D, Oracle Fleet and a whole bunch of other ships descend from the sky and dominate it. Unfortunately that was all the ships could do, so everyone else had to handle the rest. Must have been an important battle. Apparently my ability was being able to supply unlimited amounts of food, drink and ammo with the catch being that none of it worked for me. So I had to scavenge the land.