PDA

View Full Version : SEA The Thai PSO2 official site is in B&W in rememberance of the passing of their king...

Sizustar
Oct 16, 2016, 02:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu3qCICUsAAStsL.jpg

Site
http://pso2.playpark.com/th/Index

Altiea
Oct 16, 2016, 02:23 AM
I heard about that. They seem to take it really hard. Except for the Japanese companies who have factories there.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 16, 2016, 03:03 AM
i assumed this thread was about the SEA servers shutting down, sorta disappointed

oratank
Oct 16, 2016, 04:21 AM
they need to do to avoid witch hunt

Meteor Weapon
Oct 16, 2016, 04:40 AM
So uh what's going on there?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 16, 2016, 04:51 AM
So uh what's going on there?

Their king passed away. The funeral will last for a year and the mourning will last for 30days. 30days with restricted activities (parties, festivals, ect...)

ZerotakerZX
Oct 16, 2016, 06:36 AM
Good king he was I presume, unlike all of our rullers

Mattykins
Oct 16, 2016, 07:26 AM
Combination of being beloved and the fact that his successor is well... less so

SteveCZ
Oct 16, 2016, 08:29 AM
He ruled Thailand for 70 years. That's one reason for sure.

oratank
Oct 16, 2016, 08:43 AM
every country have their dark side :wacko:

wefwq
Oct 16, 2016, 08:56 AM
Don't really read the thread title, thought SEA server get shut down, kinda disappointed.

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2016, 04:21 AM
Their king passed away. The funeral will last for a year and the mourning will last for 30days. 30days with restricted activities (parties, festivals, ect...)

no parties for 30 days ?
:-?

Zorua
Oct 17, 2016, 04:33 AM
no parties for 30 days ?
:-?

How are people going to go on quests without a party?

Sizustar
Oct 17, 2016, 04:37 AM
How are people going to go on quests without a party?

NPC~~

TehCubey
Oct 17, 2016, 05:15 AM
Thailand as a country is totally cuckoo crazy about its royal family. You aren't allowed to disparage or criticize the royalty, you can't even put pictures of other people above the king or act like he's anything less than the literal God's gift to mankind. If you do, you get kicked off straight to prison. Censorship and breaking freedom of speech is rampant and often deliberately abused due to vagueness of the letter of the law.

So while I sympathise with the Thai for losing a liked head of the state, which is never a fun experience, if they expect me to act like I am saddened in the least or give a damn they got another thing coming.

Sizustar
Oct 17, 2016, 05:19 AM
Thailand as a country is totally cuckoo crazy about its royalty. You aren't allowed to disparage or criticize the royalty, you can't even put pictures of other people above the king or act like he's anything less than the literal God's gift to mankind. If you do, you get kicked off straight to prison. Censorship and breaking freedom of speech is rampant and often deliberately abused due to vagueness of the letter of the law.

So while I sympathise with the Thai for losing a liked head of the state, which is never a fun experience, if they expect me to act like I am saddened in the least or give a damn they got another thing coming.

Well, the king is a figure head, similiar to the queen of england, it's the military in charge, he himself has spoken out against the law that place him at a deity level.
And while the military rule with a heavy hand, he has done alot for his people, from turning royal ground to farms, visiting his people to see what they need and try and help them, there is a reason why he's so beloved, and his son not so much.

TehCubey
Oct 17, 2016, 05:24 AM
That is true. This is why, while I feel sympathy for the people of Thailand, I don't do the same for the country as a political construct and the way it's being run if that makes any sense.

Sizustar
Oct 17, 2016, 05:33 AM
That is true. This is why, while I feel sympathy for the people of Thailand, I don't do the same for the country as a political construct and the way it's being run if that makes any sense.

Blame the ruling party, the military, while the king was still king, there has been..2~3 coup under him, but because he's so belove by the people, they don't dare overthrow him, but just keep him as a figure head.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 17, 2016, 05:36 AM
Well, the king is a figure head, similiar to the queen of england, it's the military in charge, he himself has spoken out against the law that place him at a deity level.
And while the military rule with a heavy hand, he has done alot for his people, from turning royal ground to farms, visiting his people to see what they need and try and help them, there is a reason why he's so beloved, and his son not so much.

Some even call the current situation as the "witch hunt".Because some of them often pick a fight with those who didn't shown to be mourning to the king.If you ask me,he probably don't want his citizen to do something like this.He never ask to be praised like a god,he only wants to see his citizen whose he viewed as his children to live happily together.But yet,his simple wish hasn't been granted before he passed away.Those who pick a fight about this are not different from some kids i'll say.They said they love him but they never truly understand him at all.I'm from Thailand so yeah,i'm getting bored of this situation already.

oratank
Oct 17, 2016, 05:54 AM
Blame the ruling party, the military, while the king was still king, there has been..2~3 coup under him, but because he's so belove by the people, they don't dare overthrow him, but just keep him as a figure head.

lol well the first reason of all the military coup is "to stop people who ever try to overthrown king" they love to have king around it very handy to coup when they can use that reason.

wefwq
Oct 17, 2016, 06:16 AM
deepest lore